Reviews of Strandhotel Glücksburg This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Kirstenstr. 6, 24960 Glücksburg, Germany

#3 of 40 hotels in Glücksburg

We were a party of 10 adults - And the stay was a gift to a...
    • Classic Double Room with Park View

We were a party of 10 adults - And the stay was a gift to a weddingcouple. We had a great dinner - But the bartender in the bar was very rude and talked to the party as we were children. If you want to stay up longer than 01.00 - this is not an option .

simply put into a few words: everything is of the highest...

simply put into a few words: everything is of the highest standard, from the comfortable bed to the very functional and stylish bath facilities, the excellent breakfast and super dinner,the lovely bay with its pitoresque beach and jetty, the friendly and helpful staff the view ,the small details such as having a kettle in the room or the exact right pressure of the shower or the texture of the bedlinen. those details matter to me so i give 10 out of 10 truly pleasant stay guaranteed

Amazing place.
    • Classic Double Room with Park View

Amazing place. We enjoyed our stay. Staff where extremely friendly and competent. Food where amazing and the rooms are large and very well equipped. We will definitely come again.

This is my fourth visit in a little over a year so I think that sums it up. Will be returning again
    • Premium Double Room with Sea View

I can't really think of anything I did not like, the spa was fully booked which was a little disappointing. The breakfast was amazing you can even have pancakes now!

I loved our room, there was a large balcony overlooking the fiord and the gardens, the bathroom was particularly good, spacious and the shower was great. Good mirrors and bathrobes etc.

The breakfast was good
    • Classic Double Room with Park View

To expensive. To noicy threw the nigth, because the staff was cleaning outside in the garden after a wedding in the middle of the night

The breakfast was good

Premium room with magnificent view on the fjord, very nice...
    • Premium Double Room with Sea View

Breakfast buffet was incomplete by 9:30 am (breakfast until 10:30); organisation of breakfast and service at dinner was chaotic due to mostly inexperienced junior staff.

Premium room with magnificent view on the fjord, very nice atmosphere and beautifully decorated hotel, very friendly reception staff.

Wonderful place to stay, but avoid dining
    • Classic Double Room with Park View

Personnel too laid back. Slow service. Inexperienced staff in the dinner restaurant. Dinner disappointing compared to the restaurants former standard.

Wonderful view. Spacious terrace. Very clean and dust free.

Nice hotel in good location.
    • Classic Single Room with Park View

The bistro could have some more alternatives on the menu. The room price was maybe a little high to be in the pre-season.

Nice location directly by the see and close to Flensburg. Good quality of the rooms. Free parking on the hotel area.

A few days at the white castle by the fiord
    • Premium Double Room with Sea View

I honestly could not find anything I didn't like, all the staff are so helpful am wracking my brains to think of something!

This was my third visit to The Strand Hotel in a year - I think that speaks for itself. The rooms are wonderful, the food excellent and we love the location there are some beautiful walks in all directions. There are several good restaurants in the area and the Castle is well worth a visit. We brought our dog with us and the hotel is very dog friendly, in our bedroom was a dog bed, feeding bowls and some treats! We are visiting again in September.

The staff in reception were exceptionel, professional and...

The staff in reception were exceptionel, professional and friendly - we felt very well taken care of and all rooms had been beautifully arranged - accomodating our special requests. It is really nice when everything is in order and properly arranged. We had dinner in the restaurant Felix and the beef served for mains, was very tender and good quality which we enjoyed.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

The Strand Glucksburg - the fabulous white castle by the fiord
    • Classic Double Room with Park View

I honestly cannot think of anything at the moment that could be improved upon

The Strand Hotel is exceptionally clean, the rooms are perfect, the food especially the breakfast wonderful - we travelled with our Jack Russell dog (very well behaved) and were pleased to find that pets are allowed in the dining rooms unlike at home. The position is amazing even in the depths of winter if you wrap up well.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Eye-pleasing hotel.
    • Classic Double Room with Park View

Restaurant was below what you could expect, mainly overpriced simple food. Pool would have been nice.. Quite buisy with Ostsee-man next door

Eye-pleasing hotel.. good sauna.. Nice staff.

Perfect beach break
    • Classic Double Room with Park View

Comfy bed. Lovely interior. Yummy breakfast!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

It all
    • Classic Double Room with Park View

There must be A pool or spa top

It all

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Brilliant
    • Classic Double Room with Park View

Wonderfully friendly staff, fantastic and very large room and bathroom. Great view. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Super stay in a lovely hotel
    • Classic Single Room with Park View

I wish there was an indoor pool

The breakfast was exemplary and the staff were so friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

I likked everyting about the hotel,the location was...

There is nothing I dod not like.

I likked everyting about the hotel,the location was wonderful, the food excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. My sister had a massage which she said was very relaxing.

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

The surroundings, the look of the hotel,the restaurant.

The room on the 4th floor, the isolation on this floor(under the roof).the size of the beds.

The surroundings, the look of the hotel,the restaurant. The equipment of the room

• Reviewed: 16 March 2015

It was good that the sauna area was open until 21:00 as I...

It was good that the sauna area was open until 21:00 as I arrived late to the hotel. Bed was comfortble, and I liked that they served Sekt at the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2015

At least the staff had booked a room for me in another hotel...

That I did not get a room in the hotel I booked. The hotel I got a room in was 10km away from where I needed to be, there were less features (f.i.no fitness available) but the same price was charged.

At least the staff had booked a room for me in another hotel (10 km away and with less features).

• Reviewed: 26 February 2015

Lovely spacious room and nicely designed big bathroom.

The sea front was lovely, but the rest of the surroundings are not very impressive. Short on parking spaces.

Lovely spacious room and nicely designed big bathroom. Delightful view of the sea front. The breakfast buffet has a good variety of food.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2015

Fantastic hotel with beautiful rooms, large and comfortable...

I had some "uneven" wifi connection where the connection was lost every now and then.

Fantastic hotel with beautiful rooms, large and comfortable beds, relaxing reception/bar area and great food in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

Helpful, polite staff.

Helpful, polite staff. Room clean, tidy, well equipped. Restaurant - excellent although a little pricey.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

Location and quality service.

Location and quality service. Excellent food

• Reviewed: 6 January 2015

A bit far away from the city.

A bit far away from the city. You need a car to go there.

There are also 7 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.