Reviews of Crowne Plaza Düsseldorf - Neuss This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Rheinallee 1, 41460 Neuss, Germany

#4 of 14 hotels in Neuss

• Standard Room

Breakfast is expensive Plus the parking charges.

For short stay is fine,but, breakfast is very expensive €22 per person! Plus you pay €14 or €19 for parking! I have stayed in near by hotels like Linder Congress Centre and is half the price and parking is free and breakfast is also great.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast a la carte. 3 small burned sausages and 1 small coffee. My wife 2 croissants as big as a thumb and 1 spoon marmelade. Together 15,50 E. Too much money for low quantity and quality.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Less information about where to go, staff less smiling

Location near shopping mall which is good. Facilities are perfect and very comfortable to rest in the room

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Dinner menu, not really great, beds to soft for our taste. They don't have parking of their own, it's either on the street for free (which is more than fine if you find a place) otherwise it's paid parking, but very close.

• Standard Room

I send an email to the hotel specifying my checkout date and asking for a late checkout They replied that they needed to check availability, and some other confusing things (that sounded that they were asking me my checkout date that I already stated). They never came back with more information, so I booked an extra night. At checking, I asked if we could change the last night for a late checkout, and the person replied that it was not possible because I booked through Booking.com, and "Booking.com does not allow it, is their policy". She was not very polite and it became worse when I tried to explain her that the hotel sets the policies and we could call Booking.com customer service to fix this, but she refused very unfriendly. At checkin, she asked me to see my credit card (that they had already charged me the 1st night of my 2 rooms some days before, so they already had it). I realised later that at that moment she blocked 300€ on my credit card, without telling me or explaining anything. Four days after checkout the 300€ are still blocked in my credit card in addition to the charges for all my stay. We were 3 nights there, every time we went to the swimming pool there was some people making inappropriate use of it. A kid spitting in the pool, people jumping to the water (that is against the rules), some young's that throw one of their friends with clothes to the pool, people making a lot of noise and splashing water everywhere. A couple of girls took their kid to the women's dressing room (he was not a baby or a toddler, already a kid that can go alone to the men's dressing room). There were also two girls in the women's dressing room, totally dressed, with their phones (that you don't know if they are taking pictures of you), and later these girls went (still totally dressed) to the sauna and took some pictures with their cellphones. In the sauna most of the people were with swimsuits (that is stated to not be alolwed).

Nice facilities (but you will not be able to enjoy them)

• Standard Room

no water in room to make the coffe or tea no thoothbrush and thoothpast delay on action . cleaneanign was not proper good no any tissue in the room just put in toilet ??

• King Room with River View - Non-Smoking

The price / quality ratio of this hotel is excellent! Staff is very friendly and helpful Breakfast is very good Room was spacious and clean and had a view on the river (room size 33m2) Location is good and very near Dusseldorf Swimming pool, sauna and mini gym were great too. Very happy with our stay and highly recommended.

• Standard Room

Our rooms AC was not working, and couldn’t open the windows. However we were immediately offered another room! Which was even better!

The rooms were spacious, comfortable with great views! The pool was great, including the sauna and gym facilities!

• Standard Room

problems are that booking.com didn't pass on the expressed whish for a kingsize bed. I only saw that the breakfeast wasn't included after I signed on

• Classic Single Room

The restaurant is poor, dishes not available. Reception does not pick up a phone if you call from the room but uf you call from external number they are suddenly available. Nightmare check out and rude staff.

• Classic Single Room

Some equipment is too old, but in common all good. The restaurant service is redicuolus.

Good place to visit Dusseldorf for few days. Corresponds to its 4 stars, even it is not new. Easy connections to down town. Comfy rooms to relax. Nothing annoying

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

the stuff weren't friendly, i booked a double room but what i get is two single beds that are linked together when i asked for a double bed they send me to a room with one single bed which i decide to stay in my previous room. room service was coming and nocking our door everyday at 9 am as we are still sleeping.

free parking available

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Fridge and room phone was not working My guest came and waited 2 hrs thinking I was out as the room phone was not working until I came down and saw them Fridge not working staff had to walk in room while we were sleeping to repair it

• Standard Room

The WI-FI was terrible. It kicked me off constantly, and I finally stopped trying to use it. It is absolute price gouging to charge a child 11 Euro for breakfast on top of the 22 Euros for an adult for a normal breakfast. We did this one day, but opted to leave for breakfast for the remainder. I was lucky to find a space on the street for parking as the price, again, was incredibly high (19 Euro) for a suburb of a mid-size city.

The beds were comfortable, which always makes traveling better.

• Classic Single Room

I forgot my shaver and little box in my room. After my return from the trip, I contacted the hotel by email to check if they found something. After almost one month, I still have no response.

Nice hotel for self-drive travellers.

• Classic Double Room

Very old furniture, dirty carpet. No minibar. This hotel is not a 4 star hotel, we can compare it with an inadequate 3-star hotel. In conclusion stay away by this hotel, it's not worth it...find another hotel to enjoy the quality for you money spent..

I am very disappointed by this hotel because it sells very poor rooms with lots of money without offering comfort and quality to its guests. It is a shame for this hotel to be part of the largest chain. Because of this, I will never book again another room from this hotel chain. When I talked to the receptionist about their poor quality room, she was not very surprised. Room 343 was the worst room I've ever seen.

• Classic Double Room

Heating was not working. When they are taking the payment , I haven’t been informed about security deposit . Therefore my account been extra charged for exceeding the limit .!!!!!

• Classic Double Room

The furniture, carpets and wardrobe were old. Bathroom wasn't as clean as I expected.

Next to the river. A train and metro station next by and a big shopping centre too.

• Classic Single Room

I hated the sound of the ventilation. My room was on the 15th floor perhaps this has to do something with it, anyway it was really bothering me to fall asleep - hearing constantly an annoying sound.

Breakfast was one of the best, so many thing offered and everything was tasty. The bed in the room was super comfortable, the bathroom amazing. I loved the small details they have left as a gift, nice thought. Overall the cleanness of the room was excellent.

• Classic Single Room

LITILE BET FAR TO CINTER AROUND 10 min by taxi 20 € to pay and thire is TRAME SO EASY MUST TAKT NUMBER 709 direct to cinter or HBF

THE HOTEL WAS BIG AND THE ROOM IT WAS NICE STAFF IN HOTEL THE BEST REALY I LIKE IT

• Classic Double Room

* The hotel is much older than it looks in the pictures. The furniture is old. also the corridors and entrance. * The pool was not heated; Water temperature about 17 degrees * Room service enters the room on daily basis. However, linens were not changed for 5 consecutive nights, garbage picked up only when the basket was rather full, coffee only refilled when the box is empty, used cups were not picked any time. No Vaccuum Cleaner or sweeper to clean the room. In short room service went to the room only to reimburse us with shampoo and replace used towels.

Very good breakfast, friendly staff

• Premier Single Room with River View

All the services that depended on communication with the hotel staff was always a bit off. Sometimes they didn't answer emails, forgot orders, didn't answer the call to the room service and/or restaurant, etc. Besides, the pool was too cold, and I never got the info from the staff when the massage facility would be available, even though I asked before on an email and later during my check in.

• Classic Double Room

Parking fee is expensive (19euro per night) and internet amount per room per night is limited even though this hotel's concept is 'Business Hotel'. :(

The hotel room has got enough electrical outlets and lights (lamps).

• Classic Single Room

Firstly I've got room, which was not cleaned up and when I came back to the reception to inform them and ask for another, the receptionist seemed like he did not really believe me and just confronted me with the short sentence - he see it clean in computer. After while he gave me another room, however without any sing of polite apology. It just made very bad impression on myself and I decided next time rather to go for another hotel.

The hotel is big, room was spacious with big soft bed.

Nothing - everything was great

Even got a smoking room :-) Staff very helpful - even gave me an adapter and were shocked when I handed it back. Bed really comfy and excellent choice for breakfast.

• Classic Single Room

Location is a little far from Dusseldorf. Heavy traffic to Dusseldorf at rush hour.

Bar open late and serve light meal. Convenient parking at indoor garage.

• Premier Double Room with River View

Breakfast was very expensive (22 Euros) compared to other hotels that offered the exact same breakfast for free or for 9 Euros. I also didn't care for the limited amount of time 15 minutes provided to confirm your airline bookings especially since the keyboard provided was an Apple and not the standard that I'm sure 90% of the world uses.

We had an excellent view of Dusseldorf and the Rhine River from our room.

• Classic Double Room

room was clean but it must be repaint and repair. Bathroom was not so clean - dirty walls - it is not clean properly. No internet in room.

Spa and rooms size is ok. Bed is comfortably.

Cold water of pool.

Green environment, good view through room window, comfy beds, helpfull staff, early opening and late closing time of spa, easy access to public transportation, airport, city center.

• Classic Single Room

the kettle on request - however no cups or tea bags or anything - very poor comparing to other 4 star hotels where this is a standard... the mini bar was not working and seemed to be plugged in, the bath tub instead of shower- not very comfortable to use, narrow window which made the room look dark and even smaller, the most puzzling thing however was the dinner first night - my food was garnished with the real grass- and this is not a joke- thought this was some kind of lettuce but was not, neither the herb as I know many - I have not said anything just never used the facility...

there is a big shopping centre nearby with the great choice of food, triple cheaper than in the hotel restaurant. Very easy walk from the train station - about 8 min. view from the window. good quality of cosmetics ( shower gel, shampoo, etc...)

• Classic Double Room

Beware of the 20 euro parking charge that is NOT specified on the booking.com page (although there is a mention that there will be charges, 20 euro seems a lot). Consider parking in the street.

Great rooms for a reasonable price, very near to downtown Dusseldorf by car.

• Classic Single Room

The elevators seem about 500 years old and not 100% reliable. Had to walk down one floor to catch it there since it was not coming up sometimes after pushing the button..

Really lovely breakfast with great variety!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Classic Double Room

At the check-in, one of staff member wanted to block 600 EUR more money than the amount of my reservation. When I asked him about it, he said that this is normal for all hotels all over the world. Given all my travels so far, I am sorry to inform You, but it is NOT. He then said that this is hotel's policy. I said OK, but I should have been informed about this and I wasn't. He responded: "Not my problem". Well, is that my problem? This situation was very unpleasant and his behaviour was unacceptable. Another situation was at the first dinner in hotel's restaurant (it was at the day of arrival) I wanted to charge the room. Waitress said that I cannot do that. That I can either pay in cash or I can leave her my credit card.... I will not make further comments on this one. Rooms were clean in general, but bathrooms could have been cleaner and in general, I think that this hotel needs to be a little rennovated or refreshed.

Breakfast was very good, in general friendly staff

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Classic Single Room

Service at the restaurant was really slow and in the end we left without ordering dessert as the lady did not come back to take our orders. Food at the restaurant is nice though.

The hotel is conveniently located to reach the business area of Neuss and if you have a car it is easy to get to Dusseldorf as well. Rooms are not very big and the bathroom was on the smallish side, but overall the room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast has an extensive choice and there is a parking garage plus a parking area across the street (not free of charge), so there is enough space to park.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Classic Double Room

free wifi did not work. We bought it to the attention of staff they advised that I was the only one with the issues. Well I now that's not true, bcs I checked the feedback and the week before many others complained.

• Classic Double Room

Only missing was perhaps a kettle for making tea/coffee in the room.

The room was clean, comfortable and neat with fresh pillows and bedding. The Riverside restaurant has a very talented chef because the food was very good and beautifully presented. All staff were very hospitable.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Classic Single Room

The parking space is quite expensive but if you are lucky you can find a place on the street. The restaurant was shutdown for a local event so got room service but it took over an hour to arrive.

Great place outside of Dusseldorf and with a shopping center 5 minutes walking distance. All facilities convenient.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Classic Single Room

Hotel 16 stories high, has only one 7 sqm gym with 3 bikes & 1 tredmill?! And only one fitness machine. No wifi in the gym... and paying over 240euro per night.. crazy..

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Premier Double Room with River View

The double bed is two single beds pushed together which is problematic as there is an empty space between the two mattresses which was uncomfortable for me and my boyfriend.

Staff was very friendly, enjoyed the food and cocktails in the hotel's bistro and bar, loved the view and walking next to the Rhein which is only a few minutes from the hotel by foot.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Classic Single Room

Cold rooms (in summer and in winter): probably locked at 19 degrees C.; no efficient heating possible. Some days, there is no more hot water for showers and bath from 7:30 in the morning (probably too many people at the same time).

Breakfast, though expensive, is good and with quite a lot of choice. Mattresses are good. Restaurant is quite good as well.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Classic Single Room

Cold room. Air conditioning does not work. Not only mine other colleagues had the same and in different periods. No hot water in the morning!!! The system does not have the capacity for all the guest. Business requires confort and communicationshould, that this hotel lacks off. Overpriced for value.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Classic Single Room

On the second morning of my stay, I had only cold water for my shower. Facilities for our meetings were not properly prepared (equipment missing, sound quality of mics poorly, air conditioning too hot or too cold etc...)

Friendly staff, food is very good (breakfast and snacks a la carte)

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Slowest wifi ever!

A nice and clean room overlooking the River Rhine!!! Friendly staff! The hotel is located next to the Rheinpark's shopping center.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Classic Double Room

- Bit far from city centre (€30 for minivan taxi, one way, 6p). - Bit expensive (stayed here in december, Christmas Market time)

- Excellent breakfast, lots of choice! - Free swimming pool & sauna - Spacious rooms

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Classic Double Room

The room was not 100% clean and it was not smelling good. Very slow Free WiFi.

I did chose this hotel due ot its location, close to the Highway. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Classic Double Room

Room was not properly cleaned, lots of dust. Although we did not use the air-conditioning , the air was very dry. and therefore unpleasant to sleep.

Swimming pool

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Classic Double Room

Parking was a little expensive.

Just a great hotel, it was the end of a month long trip in Europe. We needed somewhere to stay before flying from Dusseldorf airport the next day. We'd actually 'booked' somewhere else, but when we got there we'd made an error in the booking and it hadn't gone through. So glad now, this hotel was fantastic. Large room, great bed (one of the best we had in Germany/France), awesome shower. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Especially the young lady who checked us in and the waitress/bar tender. The room was very clean, we dined in the bar area and had a lovely dinner. Parking was handy too, if not a little expensive. All in all a terrific choice.

• Classic Double Room

Swimming pool water was not warm enough. The pictures of the gym was not a true representation of what is there and most of the machines were non functional (electrically) therefore, one couldn't see what they were doing.

Beds were comfortable though we expected a double bed rather than two single-beds put together. We had breakfast once at the hotel , because we found out that most of the food that we expected to be hot, was warm.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Premier Double Room with River View

Front desk staff professional but cold. Sinks and tub had drainage issues - 8 inches of water pooled in tub per shower. We avoided using it during our 4-day stay for a wedding. Worm, threadbare towels. Provided too few for 2 people.

Espresso in resto was good.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Classic Double Room

Beds from 1950, drooping spring mattresses, meant to be a double but 2 singles pushed together and not even linked. Overall certainly not worth the money.

Staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

Everything was prefect and excellent in this hotel

Everything was beautiful in this hotel I like so much and recpition was good and swimming pools was nice

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Was first time i had to give a deposit for a hotel room. Or maybe i just dont travel that often.

Swimming pool and the sauna are a big plus!

Poor climate room control

Excellent breakfast

wellness, stuff. great meal

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Parking. 4 star hotel but you have to pay extra for parking.

Bed was comfortable.

• King Room with River View - Non-Smoking

- The interior of the hotel room was a bit outdated.

- The pool area was nice and clean

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

WiFi very poor coverage with no help from reception

Breakfast overpriced

Nothin

The location is perfect relaxation for family..

• Standard Room

The bar and restaurant staff are grumpy. No music at the bar.

Big rooms! Clean! Nespresso in the room.

All great, as you would expect from the Crowne Plaza

• Standard Room

Not good value no terrace

Pool and location

The security deposit, they take 50 Euro

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms very tired and fan in room no working luckily it wasn't cold that night

Good location, staff helpful

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

One of 2 badges did not work. No information in the room about hotel facilities. Fridge was empty.

Location, breakfast, staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Very good opposite to river

• Standard Room

location and parking is terrible

All

• Standard Room

Rooms and bathroom are dated but functional and clean. Beds are perfect.

• Classic Double Room

Location was not walkable to town. Was acceptably close if you used transport. Nothing near by to do really.

• Classic Double Room

Parking is on the other side of the hotel

The view from the room

• Classic Double Room

Staff not too friendly and hotel restaurant ambience not too good

Clean and neat room

The rooms need renovation

• Classic Double Room

Staff needs to be trained at the bar!

Restaurant service.

• Premier Double Room with River View

it was very clean and very nice place

Browse Crowne Plaza Düsseldorf - Neuss traveller photo gallery