Reviews of Wittelsbacher Hof Swiss Quality Hotel This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Von-Brug-Straße 24, 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany

#27 of 36 hotels in Garmisch-Partenkirchen

• Suite with Mountain View

I had a topper on my vehicle and could not use the parking garage and there is limited open-air parking space in front of the hotel. This would be an issue anywhere within the town. We were still able to get a parking spot each time we needed one. We traveled off-season (early May) which helped ensure we could get a convenient parking spot.

The staff was exceptionally helpful. We were very tired as we arrived and the staff was quick to grab our bags and help us to our room. I am not able to eat gluten and the staff was careful to talk to the chef to make sure my dinner selection was safe to eat. There were lots of choices for breakfast (cheese, meat, fruit, yogurt, juice, cereal...)as well as options for cooked eggs/bacon cooked to each persons preference.

• Standard Single Room

Not hotels fault but person below me smoked on balcony and that took away from me enjoying the beautiful outdoors from my balcony.

The room was clean and bed was comfortable. Had a great view of the mountains. Breakfast buffet had plenty of variety. Staff was friendly.

• Standard Single Room

The staff was instructed and guided very poorly, but at least they tried. We think they need to be told to be more comforting the guests. Receptionists were unfriendly and uneasy to talk too. We were treated like not-in-their-league. Sunday the breakfast wasn't freshly made (Brötchen von Samstag). As we complained about the icecold scrambled eggs with salmon, they just microwaved it, said "now it's fresh", but the salmon and the plate were now severely hot...

The rooms were clean and individually equipped and coloured. Some were new. The balcony was cosy.

• Standard King Room

the hotel's restaurant only has a limited selection of dishes on their menu. After a very active day with young children, it was annoying that we had to go out to dinner every evening. The rooms were located on the front, next to a busy road and we slept very poorly due to all the noise

friendly staff, rooms were clean

• Suite with Mountain View

I would thank all the staff for being kind and helpful. My family and I were so happy that we chose this hotel and difinitaly we will book in the hotel when we visit Garmisch again. A big thank you for all the team who work in the hotel.

All was good

The little balcony looks right towards the Alps. Central located and near great restaurants. All the staff were friendly and accommodating. Being able to order extras for breakfast delicious. Indoor pool that was warm and clean. We will stay again!

• Standard King Room

Front desk was awful! We booked on booking.com and put down two adults, even showed the hotel this info when checking in. However; the gentleman at the front desk informed me it was 35 euro extra per night for my husband! Mind you it was a king bed and "room price was for 2 people, 3 people max". I felt like this was a trap for tourists...when checking out, the lady at the front desk became flustered, saying it was through booking.com not her hotel and demanded I pay. I showed her the email, but she wouldn't listen...we complained to booking.com and they didn't help. We will never use them again, nor recommend this hotel to anyone!

The staff in the restaurant were super friendly

• Superior Double Room with Mountain View

Staff was welcoming and very accommodating. Spa, steam, and swimming pool was perfect for unwinding after drive to the hotel. Easy walk to the Zugspitzbahn and Bahnhof. Although restaurant has a formal feel, the staff was very attentive and the food was well prepared. Wife said that their wiener schnitzel (Vienna style) was the best in her 11 years of living in Germany.

• Suite with Mountain View

A couple of times we had to park across the street since there wasn't enough parking. The room was very warm the first night (it was 90 degrees that day). Fortunately they were able to accommodate us with fans for the 3 rooms for the next couple of days which helped immensely.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice with a great view. The mini bar was very reasonable. The breakfast was excellent. The location was perfect.

• Standard Single Room

Everything needs improving. The room is one of the smallest I have ever seen. The bed is not only very short (190 cm) but very narrow and framed from 3 sides. Furniture is shabby, and the cleanliness is questionable. Everything is really basic and I honestly do not know how this hotel maintains a 3 star rating. Staff was distant and indifferent even for German standards. Not even a hint of smile. Cannot recommend this place at any price...

the breakfast was ok. Garage was free of charge

• Standard King Room

The staff is rude, have no authority to make decisions on their own, they are very by the book and do not look to help their customers by providing quality service (rather lack of service here), there is no AC or Fans and the rooms are extremely uncomfortable when it hot outside, the location is noisy, spa/wellness only open 4 1/2 hours a day.

It is pet friendly

One of the staff in the hotel in his 50 or late 50 he had a Waite hair was very agressive and not friendly and he has no clue about customer service or communications I will never go back that hotel again Thank

The hotel location

• Standard Single Room

The room was a good size and had plenty of cupboard/wardrobe space. A wide choice of fresh produce for breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. As it was my birthday, the waiter wished me a happy birthday which helped make the day more special as it was unexpected.

• Standard King Room

Secondary staff not as attentive as primary staff.

Originally booked for 2nights. We were able to stay 4 nights, weather wasn't that great and our rental car did not pan out. Good breakfast and nice dinners. 2 out of 3 were good. Would stay again if in the area.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Superior Double Room with Mountain View

The room was lovely and large enough for our family and dog. The breakfast was great. They had a buffet set up but you could also order additional items. All included in the room rate. The center of town was just a few blocks away.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Suite with Mountain View

Main staff was rather passive, restaurant staff very nice. Hotel had it's finest state long time ago. Old furniture, holes and cracks in doors, windows, carpets, tiles etc.

Walking distance to center and lots of activities. Public transportation close by to hit the mountains.

• Superior Double Room with Mountain View

The parking was a little tricky. The pillows were thin, but that's typical of German hotels.

The location was terrific. It was in the center of town near many restaurants. The room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Standard King Room

Staff at the reception was not so nice, we had to contact booking to solve a problem with the half board included in the price of our booking

The hotel was nice, the staff in the restaurant and in the spa was kind and helpful, food was good

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Standard King Room

I really like this hotel, traveling to this area once a month. I love going to the sauna and relaxing at the end of the day in the pool? They have a great breakfast too!

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Standard King Room

unfriendly staff. Internet issue in our room and got told that it would be fixed. After a long wait, we went down to the reception to check . The reception staff told us that it would be fixed the next day. Should be informed clearly and early. Gloomy hallway on the top floor - for one moment, I thought I was in a ghost movie.

Looks grand from photos.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Suite with Mountain View

Rooms were clean but worn. The beds were new and comfy but they were combined with old dated sofas and chairs. The steam room was very nice, but its hours were extremely limited. 3-7 is just not enough time to get in there if you are touring during the day. Also, pool was supposed to be open later but it too was locked up at 7:00. Finally, massage services were advertised, but unavailable during our multi-day stay. Overall, our stay was very pleasant, but the value for the money was slightly lacking. Still, we liked it enough that we would stay again.

Excellent breakfast with attentive staff that offered eggs and meats cooked to order in addition to extensive buffet offerings. Staff throughout the hotel were pleasant, kind, and went above-and-beyond to meet our requests and do so with a smile. Beds were new and super comfy. Location was good...an easy walk to the train station and also to town, yet far enough removed to have a lovely view of the mountains. Zugspitze live cam at the front desk was very helpful. It kept us from wasting our money by going up on a day when the weather below seemed okay, but it was snowing like crazy up top.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Suite with Mountain View

There is no AC but we traveled in September so opening the windows worked ok. Providing a small fan for each room would be perfect.

This hotel is well-located near the Altstadt and walkable distance from Ludwigstrasse. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are spacious, very clean, well lit, and with nice furnishings. There is moderate car and traffic noise in the mornings if your room faces the street. Everyone spoke English and were helpful with our questions and requests. There is a lift/elevator which was nice for us. We traveled with a daughter, so we had adjoining hotel rooms with a door that we could close if needed. One bathroom had a luxurious tub and shower combo and the other had a shower. Both bathrooms were very nice with amenities like shampoo, soap, large fluffy towels, washcloths and blow dryers. The breakfast and breakfast dining area inside and out in the garden were lovely. One could order eggs any style with bacon or sausage in addition to the traditional german breakfast. We were also able to play board games and cards and order cocktails downstairs in the library area in the evenings. There was adequate free parking too.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Standard Single Room

There was no decaffeinated coffee for a breakfast as coffee automat was out of order. Very poor choice of breakfast meals. I wouldn't recommend this hotel 😕

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

No services which customers expecting from 4* hotels Breakfast not that much

Location , location and location Tour Bus ( Free ) And staff who was in the reception helped me a lot ( I didn't remember his name )

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

• Standard King Room

Breakfast is awesome. Good location close to nice restaurant with reasonable price and supermarket. River next to Hotel is nice for you to take a walk

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Standard King Room

Family weekend trip. Our room was very nice, comfy bed, large bathroom, very clean. Every staff member we met was great. They were all cheerful, accommodating and helpful. Breakfast was wonderful; continental or made to order. Location is perfect for walking through town and we were able to street park close by.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Standard King Room

The way we were spoken to by the man at check in. Didn't expect such rudeness when we had travelled so far and that too in front of our child. The tone of voice used was just unacceptable and as we were waiting, I was just in shock how he spoke to another lady with young children, who was simply asking him about a parking space. I had to question him,'is it that impossible for him to speak nicely?' He grunted something in German and I had to stop him then firmly that I do understand the language too. We were dreading the next morning but thanks to the staff at the breakfast room whom I must say compensated for how awful he made us feel.

Lovely hotel, I want to highlight the brilliant staff in the breakfast room unlike the ones in reception. What a vast difference in treating guests. Those serving us in the breakfast rooms were very welcoming, greeting us even my child, very patient not only with us but I noticed it with all the other guests too who were constantly asking for their attention. Thank you for a pleasant morning as we were dreading after the unpleasant check in we had the evening before.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Waiters are friendly Good food

Reception are not friendly Need courses on how to treat customer They give me corner room that i did not like and when i asked for change they refuesd my request

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Suite with Mountain View

Location is excellent, near shopping and main city hall Staff were very helpful and friendly Rooms are very spacious and clean I would defiantly recommend this hotel to any type of travelers

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Superior Double Room with Mountain View

Bed was pretty hard. Limited dinner menu. One of the front desk guys was put out that I needed to ask him a question when he stopped his personal phone conversation to answer me. All the other 3 were fantastic.

Staff in the breakfast room was outstanding. Great location for walking anywhere. Pool was nice after a day of hiking.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Standard Single Room

The WiFi was mostly useless from my room on the third floor, but ok in the lower floors. No AC, so it got very hot in the room when the daytime temps reached 30C. Even with the balcony door open it was hot at night.

The location could hardly be better, 5 minutes walk from the central areas with shops and restaurants, and 5-10 minutes from the train and bus station. The local buses have a stop about 2 minutes walk away, and you get a free bus pass. The hotel is a little old in places, and was probably not quite worth the price I paid. But the staff was good, the breakfast was excellent and the view from my single room on the third floor was excellent. I could see every mountain top and hill to the south. The room had two doors, and it seemed to remove the noise from the hallway very well. I never heard anything from the neighbors either, and I'm a very light sleeper. With the balcony door open there is some noise from the cars and motorcycles on the streets. I guess that's the price you pay for a central location.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Standard King Room

Hotel is really dated and it felt like we went back in time to the -90:s. Room was ok, but there was no air-condition nor any other ventilation, so the air in the room did not change at all.

Hotel is on a good spot right next to the old part of the city.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Suite with Mountain View

The beds were hard. The elevator was broken and we were on the third floor. It was hot. No air conditioning which is expected for European hotels, but they had no fans either.

The breakfast was wonderful

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Standard King Room

Underfloor heating in bathroom nice in cool weather, not so good when hot.

A large efficient hotel with lift and comfortable room. Parking available in front or down the side road (one way street). Tea / coffee free in afternoon and very nice garden.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Suite with Mountain View

Wouldnt rate the bedroom a 4 star. Furniture tired and dated. Needs a bit of a refurb. Public areas of hotel very nice though.

Great location. Good selection of food for breakfast. Pleasant, helpful staff. Booked a room with a fabulous mountain view.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Suite with Mountain View

One of the beds were uncomfortable- other than that we were happy

Adjoining rooms while traveling with older children Pool was perfect temperature and had scenic views Great breakfast to start our day

• Standard King Room

The mountain views,the proximity to downtown, the staff and the breakfast were outstanding. The parking was very convenient.

• Suite with Mountain View

The 2rooms not suite but connected not so comfortable The bathroom isn’t clean so good

I like the location and nice staff

• Suite with Mountain View

Breakfast there is no more choice item

I like the location

• Standard Single Room

Very well designed room, making good use of space without seeming too narrow

Personal service.

• Standard Single Room

The spa after skiing was very relaxing and smoothing ;)

• Suite with Mountain View

The photos for hotel at booking site are deceptive

• Standard King Room

The rooms are approaching the state where renovation is needed.

Very good breakfast: large selection, quick service, not too crowded.

• Suite with Mountain View

Extremely overpriced. Outdated and worn. Dirty bathroom upon checkin.

• Standard King Room

Pillows need to be replaced

• Standard Single Room

Afternoon tea and breakfast offering. Front desk staff during our stay was so helpful.

• Superior Double Room with Mountain View

The room does not have a coffee corner.

• Standard King Room

Pool area was very relaxing and breakfast was lovely

• Suite with Mountain View

The pillows were very soft and I can't sleep on them. I found some bags on the bed The furniture old

no problems

location and friendly staff

• Standard King Room

The traditional German breakfast spread also includes eggs to order.

• Standard Single Room

WiFi did not connect properly

Town, Pool, Sauna, delicious Breakfast and smile of hotel staff

• Suite with Mountain View

good food, friendly staff,comfor room

It has a unique design.

wi fi signal is weak.no water kittle

Bed a little hard

Loved the silver service and complimentary afternoon tea

• Standard Single Room

The professional staff truly seems to care about the well-being of the guests.

• Suite with Mountain View

Far from railway station. If you have transfer service for a big luggage that is fine.

Beautiful decoration, comfort and good sleep.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Everything good , location , breakfast

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Suite with Mountain View

We loved everything about this hotel. Especially the breathing views.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Location and room cleaness

Nothing negative

Good hotel

• Suite with Mountain View

Parking space is a little bit small but acceptable.

Everything is almost perfect.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Superior Double Room with Mountain View

The parking was first come first serve......

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Standard King Room

Fantastic views, beautiful place.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Everything!

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Standard King Room

Staff were amazing especially waiter

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Nothing to complain about

Personal Attendance Traditional Set up with Classic Feel Supervision of quality service during the Breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Standard King Room

Nice hotel that located not far from the train station, nice view, nice room, comfy beds,friendly staff and delicious breakfast

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Superior Double Room with Mountain View

the weather kept us out of the mountains.

Sweet little balcony. Nice spa with steam bath and small pool. Staff extremely friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Location ✔️ Staff ✔️

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Standard Single Room

Stay Away ! Not worth the value !

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016