Reviews of The Rilano Hotel München This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Domagkstrasse 26, 80807 Munich, Germany

#138 of 349 hotels in Munich

The price was very high compared to service level. The invoicing was made imediately after reservatio. I tried to cancel the room week before and even the high price they invoiced 90% cancellation as cancellation fee.

Good breakfast

Would have been nice to have warm porridge oats has a breakfast option along with the selection of jams and honeys, perhaps some orange marmalade to go with toast/rolls.

The bodywash and handwash products in the bathroom were lovely.

I booked for our colleagues as well but operation of booking and cancellation, invoicing was very bad. All of them are not well organized.

Good facilities.

The distance from breakfast to tables. No trays at breakfast. Sometimes not all food was out.

Good value for money - easy parking Great restaurant / excellent food and very friendly waiter

I didn’t like the fact that the housekeepers barely knocked at 0830, then just walked in. And if I have a sign outside the door that says do not disturb, I’m actually meaning that...leave me alone. Other than that, they were still willing to supply us with extra towels and blankets for our children, and do it with a smile :). Thanks!

I liked the room service staff. Thy were very accommodating, and they really seemed to want to make me happy with my order.

The prices of drinks at the bar were on the high side for us (a glass of red wine and a G&T was €27). I don’t know if this is normal for Munich, but we should have asked to see a drinks menu before ordering.

Lovely hotel; big comfortable room and modern bathroom. Nice decor. Coffee facilities and fridge in each room. Impeccably clean. Perfect location for the exam that I had come to sit at the MOC - it’s very close to the local metro station. There’s a Coffee Fellows on the ground floor of the hotel - where there’s a fantastic pasta bar and you can also buy bagels, salads etc. It’s also very close to a small shopping centre (in case you’ve forgotten any essentials).

Surrounding is odd, no sauna in the hotel. They have an alliance with a Gym nearby. However, you have to pay an additional 15 € for a daily pass. Check-in was not very efficient.

Got an upgrade to a suite free of charge.

Breakfast is very expensive, although it is very good. Parking space is also very expensive. A bit away from the city center.

Hotel was extremely nice. Beds were indeed extra comfy. Wifi is perfect really. Will love to come again.

You can't turn down the temperature in the room. Opening the window or the door, only make the heating turn more up. Hotel staff confirms this :-(

The room was fine. The bed was perfect.

The internet was always stopped without any reason, so that we always need to log into the homepage again. The room is a little bit dry, humidity is not enough, that's just my feeling...

Good position, clean room, generally everything is OK...

The hotel is close to the parc, which is very convenient to go jogging in the morning. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Free soft drinks in the mini bar.

We had a short 3 days break in October with my girlfriend. The hotel looks very respectable outside. Rooms are nice and tidy, everything you might need is inside. Good bonus as free drinks in the minibar replenished everyday.

The reservation was made months in advance, yet we were given a room adjacent to the elevator (230). We asked for another room, however we were told that only available rooms were adjacent to elevators... We quickly realized why hotel was so busy when we attempted to have a dinner at the hotel restaurant the same evening about 1800. The hotel was hosting a corporate party for the whole length of our visit. The waiter informed us that the restaurant was closed for a private party (even though at that time the restaurant was empty because the corporate guests were enjoying drinks at the bar). This information was not articulated to us at the time of the check-in even though I asked about the restaurant. We decided to order food at the bar. To our surprise the bar wasn’t available either! Closed for a private party. At this point we grabbed a taxi and went to the Marriot Hotel to enjoy their restaurant where we were actually welcomed. The next day- the same scenario. During the dinner time no restaurants available for normal guests. Just imagine my surprise when at the check out we are being told to pay for a bar bill! This is not a joke! The receptionist had to search for the bar receipt, so we can prove to her that we didn’t buy anything at the bar. Of course the signature didn’t belong to any of us. When we said that the bar was closed for a private party the night we allegedly had drinks at the bar, she said the bar was open. I’m assuming it probably was after the private party moved on to have a dinner at the restaurant. Either way this is unacceptable for a guest to pay a full price for a night at a hotel when you cannot enjoy a dinner at the dinner time in hotel’s restaurant or bar. We will never come back to this hotel. Every guest should feel special and welcomed at a hotel. This was not the case for us.

Cleanliness, comfotable beds, location (500 m from u6 underground train which will take you to the city center in 15 minutes, rewe grocery store, atm near by), free parking at the public street. Good location if you’re attending a concert at Zenith- less than €15 one way taxi ride.

I paid 344 EUR for 2 nights. I think price/quality is not the best. Hotel looks old inside the room. I think hotel needs renovation in room.

Usual business hotel

one of the worst receptionist that I have ever experienced. There were 2 ladies. 1st lady saying... you can go to my friend and she can help you (why can't you help me check in, you are doing nothing!). so I go to the 2nd lady. She ask for my credit card, even before asking for my name; and continue checkin us in without a single smile. Then there is another guests come in and the first girl still ignoring the guest. so she has to wait for us to finished check in. I said thank you and at last she smiled. I mean of course I'm pissed if my colleague doesn't wanna do her job. i should have note her name. She's is just horrible.

The parking is connected to a small "mall". you can easily buy your needs if you must. ate dinner on hotel restaurant. excellent. Friendly waitress.

The distance from the U-Bahn station is not a bit far, especially for travelers with bulky luggage, this is not fun. The hotel is suited in a business-industrial area, very boring surroundings. Nothing outside for a dinner or a drink. But you can find pretty fine drinks in the hotel lobby. No gym or swimming pool, unbelievable, considering the price. Such a plain hotel, no any fun.

Typical German room, simple, tidy, neat and very good room infrastructures.

breakfast very expensive and no Arabic options it's good for non-Muslims

The staff very friendly. early check in without any charge if there is available room. I did the check in about 9 a.m

Firstly, it was very noisy for my room next to the elevator, just like some guys walk outside with their luggage when the elevator is in operation. Secondly, it is really huge mistake for the hotel to give the same room key to another guest who open my door around 11pm as I have already been in sleep. It is really stupid. The staff explain it is the IT's problem and feel sorry for that. But I do really think it is huge mistake and no tolerance. It is terrible!! Feel very bad for this hotel experience. No further apology or compensation received from hotel side.

Hotel facility is new and fancy.

na

The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was positive. Had a good feeling staying at the hotel.. Love the xta touches, like complimentary drinks. If you do not require cleaning during the days you stay, you get a glass of Prosecco or wine/beer.. love that idea.

- no restaurants around - there is no door for the shower so the bathroom get all wet when taking a shower - there is no way to was off after using the toilet (toilet paper doesn't count)

The hotel was not in the city centre hence its a business hotel no restaurants were around but everything was 10-20 mins drive away. - a free parking area is in front of the hotel - value of money - cleanness of the place - friendly staff - quite area

€300 per night,breakfast and parking were extra ( a whopping € 68 for two). Seems a little unreasonable. Location wasn't that central to warrant it.

Room had 1.5 baths. Comfortable room, nothing spectacular, but then it was about right for a 4 star.

The staff weren't overly friendly which was disappointing because other hotels were great! Check-in took a really long time.

It was very quiet in the room, despite facing the street.

Rooms could use a deep cleaning. Various stains, marks, etc on decorative pillows, furniture... Also the complimentary body wash, shampoo, etc were not refilled during out stay,

The hotel is very welcoming.. The staff is also very friendly. Check in was a snap. We reserved a suite which was very roomy and spacious, with a separate sitting area and half bath. The restaurant and adjacent bar area have Excellent service and value for the money. They have a nice selection of drinks and wine, and a food menu to satisfy just about everyone. A coffee and pastry shop is located within the hotel as well. Overall staff is very knowledgeable, multi lingual and very friendly and willing to help. The walk to the metro is about 7 minutes...

The first day air conditioning was not working and no body helped me till next day by changing the room.

The location is good and the parking underground, room cleaned

There were two things I didn't like and it was disturbing to me. First, I've noticed that the hotel gathered all the families coming from the Arab states on one floor, the 4th floor, and I've noticed travelers from other states into other floors!! It is kind of confusing to me, if the hotel management thinks that we will be happies with this approach then they are not right, when we travel then we want to see and interact with other people from other cultures, it is not that we travel away from home to be with the same people from our same culture. So if it is the hotel "intended" policy during seasons, then I would advise them to change it. I hope it is not an act of segregation based on the travelers race as I saw travelers from different races on the other floors. Second, when I was checking-out and closing the bill of our 2-rooms, the lady from the front desk asked me for an amount more than booking.com reservation cost with around 400 Euros!! Strange huh! Then I showed her the confirmation from booking.com, she did some stuff on the computer then confirmed back to me the correct amount as per booking.com, so if I was in hurry or didn't pay attention, then I would be simply overcharged with this huge amount, so travelers please be always cautious as similar cases may happen to you (I hope it wasn't intentionally made by the front desk and it was honest mistake, although it is difficult to happen in this information technology era)

Almost all was good, the check in, the staff, the facilities, the location, and the value for money.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room was smaller than what is shown in the pictures Sofa bed was so dirty and uncomfortable The hotel garage was too small One more thing .. The staff need to learn how to smile !

Good location but outside the center, close to the english garden and there is a supermarket nearby Breakfast was good

The rooms are well and modern furniture but need to be cleaned with more efficient .

It's very good hotel with great facilities with fantastic location not far from main sight seeing im Munich.

I have stayed in this hotel for two different periods at the same week. At the first time, there was a technical problem in the electricity for a junior suite that I was unable to get the suite. However, I was offered a big room which was ok.

The facilities are excellent. The staff are nice. Good room space. quiet location of the hotel with good connection to public transportation (Bus 50).

Many Arabs with headscarf or full body veil in and around the hotel which made us feel uncomfortable. I believe the hotel should advice them that this attire is not appropriate for Germany. No flexible late check out option; we wanted to extend the stay until 6pm but they charged us a full daily rate again. Since on the day before we only checked in at around 9pm, we in fact stayed in the hotel for only 21 hours but had to pay for 2 full days. Most other hotels have late check out options at a 30% or 50% daily rate. No beer in the mini bar (only water and juice), had to order a beer from the room service where they have extra 5 EUR service charge (so effectively one beer was 9.50 EUR which is much more than in any other mini bar). Not sure why they even call it mini 'bar' if it contains only water and juice. So for the above 3 reasons I would not book there anymore, there are several other good options nearby.

Cleanliness and quality are ok.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The reception were not freindly and parking for the car i have to pay daily rate expensive and 4 star hotel doesn't have gym !!and the most thing when i booked my room it was for 2 adult and 1 kid but they gave me two beds and they wanted to charge me for the third one and they told me this is how we do it in Germany which i had confused about it

It's a clean hotel no douut qbout it

The reception ladies of 15july around 9am were very rude and emotional. We asked about bus transportation and they were very impatient. One of them even scold us angrily,saying why we have to wait so long to decide to buy a ticket. We asked and we stepped aside to discusss and we went back to buy. And the one who is in the behind room was furious about we asked her for buying. She said why do we have to wait till the other lady is gone and asked her. It seems we can't ask her while we were ready.

The reception lady on 14july around 10:30was very friendly and gave us lots of information and help with her warm ,kind smile.

My wife's electric toothbrush has been used in our absence. The toothbrush head was squashed and no explanation left behind. Hotel staff did not have the hygenic understanding that we want to know what happened there. So we threw it away and have trouble finding a replacement head for this trip.

Outside parking could be problematic at times (there is naturally a charge for inside garage parking).

The hotel was ideally located for our needs since we wanted to visit in the area; it is nevertheless outside downtown Munich. On the other hand there are reasonable bus and then subway connections.

the miner issues that I realize that the breakfast option was less than other stayed time

It's our fourth stay in this hotel the hotel is gorgeous and the staff are friendly with arab people it's really a nice hotel quiet, large parking area, great staff at loopy and breakfast.

Didn't find iron in my room. Body lotion bottle was almost empty.

Nice cosy modern rooms, beautiful lobby. Very good and rich breakfast buffee. Good location close to English garden - a green oasis in the middle of Munich. A perfect place for jogging or having a drink in on of its many bars.

Only downside is it takes around 20-25 min to get to the city, so not the best place if you want to go back to your room during the day. But it's still very reachable with U6 + Bus 50.

The room was comfortable and clean. Hotel design is modern. Free minibar and kettle is a nice addition. The breakfast is 19€ but definitely worth it, as it is much much better than what you will get in a cafe.

I didn't like the fact the bathroom was prepared only for business men as the room decoration reflected that and when i needed to wash my hair you only get soap and shampoo , but some women need conditioner also!.

I liked the fact it was clean and it was in a nice and quite area. The staff were friendly and helpful also.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

No gym, the location is ok if you need to get to the airport, but it's not too close to the city center

Great bed, friendly stuff, breakfast was ok, complimentary water :)

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

I liked the presence of Cafe Fellows at the hotel. It was very nice to grab a bagel instead of hotel breakfast. Not to forget the hammock at the lobby comfortable to wait...

This hotel is used mostly for business travelers, & location is somewhat far from main attractions. Public transit is available & worked for us, although some people may find it far to walk. We paid a extremely high rate the one night we stayed as it was a busy time in Munich. There was not enough staff at reception to efficiently handle all clientele that day.

Very comfortable, clean modern accommodations with friendly, helpful staff. Amenities such as grocery stores are close by. Englischer Garten is within walking distance. Public transit is available.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Due to overbooking I was downgraded to a 3* room (I booked 4*). The room was ok although small (especially the bed, something like 110 x 200cm). To compensate for the downgrade I received free breakfast and parking, so it was ok. What was not OK though was the check-out: although 3 counters were open, there was a queue in front of each. I waited for about 7 mins. but the queue was still the same. I didn't have more time to wait so I just put the key onto the front desk informing the receptionist that I will leave now and come back in the afternoon. Incredible that still in 2017 a hotel doesn't manage to make the check-out process more efficient - there is nothing more annoying than having to wait to check out!

Reception open 24h, renovated bathroom.

Receptionist said at checking that he needs the card to secure the booking only, however, as turned out at the check-out, the card has been debited. No help with luggage was offered. Keys to the room were not working, had to come down twice. The receptionist only asked the room number to re-cut the keys and forgot to check my identity. This way anyone else could get a key to my room. Small room with mostly German TV channels only. Very slow check-out.

Free soft drinks and fridge.

Staff are friendly helpful and professional. Size of the room. Suite has 1 1/2 bathroom. Things in the mini fridge are free, parking free, supermarket pharmacy restaurant coffe shop around the hotel. Quite area 10 minutes from Centre. Room service team are great special thanks to David. And the house keeping.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

After our long international flight we were cheerfully welcomed and given our room by 11:00 a.m. That early check-in meant so much to us. We were given a room in the new wing and we were thrilled with the accommodations. The location is perfect for us as it is just steps away from our daughter and granddaughters apartment.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Mainly German channels in the television, maybe Netflix facility in the room or English/American channels to be considered

The bar although expensive and the sitting area. Good, spacious, clean and nice rooms

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

The suite is very large and our little boy had a lot of space to play. The hotel staff prepared a baby bed for him, even though we said during booking that we will bring ours with us and that there is no need to provide it. The staff is very friendly and the room service functions perfectly. All in all, we were very satisfied with this hotel and we will return in the future.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

-location - quite far from the "interesting" center of the city -bathroom cleanliness - the water faucet was dirty of some of glue which would not come out but clean overall -price is a bit steep taking into a consideration that breakfast is not included -parking for 16 Euro/day

-Great hospitality -very clean room overall -close to where i needed to be and to means of transportation such as bus -friendly staff -good internet - could stream twitch.tv on good quality

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

No place to grab a quick bite at 22h... Even though the bar flyers had a menu available. A bit costly for an industrial region.

A very comfortable hotel with friendly staff. Good breakfast, fast WiFi and free soft drinks in the mini bar.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Poor staff response (hotel heating was down and it was December/ new year... we complained several times, they confirmed each time they had repaired it, but it was not true. So over and over complaining was frustrating (5 times in total) and took valuable time that we planed for enjoy and relax. Finally they solved it, but for 4 star hotel two days spending on heating problem is not something you want to face with. also there was no hot water on New Year Eve???? All of that can happen (heating down and hot water etc), but saying you fixed problem while it still exist is not tolerable for us (we found out that they had some central heating and hot water breakage in whole building in the meantime).

location and cleanliness and furniture

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

There are no bathrooms that have bathtubs.

Staff at this hotel are great! Every contact from a call before check-in until check-out was personal, courteous & efficient!

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Rooms weren't soundproof, so you can hear people in the hallway. Shame it doesn't have a pool, 1 elevator wasn't working on the last day.

Breakfast was good with many options, rooms were comfortable and big enough, staff were very friendly and helpful, room service was good, Wi-Fi worked very well.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

A little out of the way but Metro is close by. Not many dining choices in the area.

Very nice spacious rooms, staff was very helpful and parking was available.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Distance for nearest U-Bahn is ca. 1km (10min walk) and area is more for business travellers. No real dining options available. Shower very small...

Good bed and quiet/safe area. Small shopping center nearby with bakery etc.

Limited selection of restaurants in the immediate area.

Nice clean modern rooms. Easy access to bus lines and a short walk to Alte Heide U-Bahn. Friendly staff, easy access, convenient parking. We really enjoyed our stay. We did find a great, inexpensive restaurant (Restaurant Alte Heide) about a 15 min walk from the hotel.

Not really a good place for a tourist visit to Munich (time to Centre is approx 30 minutes)... for me that was not a problem as I was not on a tourist trip

Nice and spacy room, minibar included (few drinks), cleanliness, facilities. Furthermore I was offered a free coffee on the day of departure... to kill the time waiting for my friend to pick me up.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

none, really.

extremely friendly and helpful staff. room was very clean. location wise, not in the center but accessible easily via metro (10 min walk to station, 15 min ride to center). location is ideal if you're on a business trip and work for on the companies beside the hotel. also a great, affordable spot for tourists in the city for events such as Oktoberfest.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Can't think of anything much that we didn't like, unless it was connection to the airport for first timers, which was difficult with jet lag, we took a taxi.

It was quiet and out of City Center, yet the subway and Tram were convenient to the hotel. Maybe the subway was a bit far, but the tram is close and an easy connect to the subway.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Room rate was too expensive. I saw cheaper rates on booking.com for the same day but couldn't cancel because it was too late for not paying cancelation charge.

Parking was convenient.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Great staff at the bar and restaurant. Location wise for Oktoberfest is very good. 5 min walk or 2 mins bus to the tube station. Then only a few stops to Oktoberfest. 3 days travel ticket was only 16euro. Travel to hotel is 60euro from airport by taxi. But easily available via bus and tube IF you desire. There is a great little bar across the road from the hotel selling beers for 1.5 euros. Very friendly and welcoming. - its like a garden shed ! - its great.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

If you dont have breakfast included they charge you 19 eur. Not worthy.

All was quite good. Location close to M.O.C exhibition center. Quiet, clean. People is nice. Will be back.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No parking for big family cars (more than 2.1 meter high) we had to use the public parking. The breakfast is too expensive with limited food selection. No business office to use for printing e.g. Printing online tickets.

Location, clean, big room, big TV with Arabic and English channels. Fast wifi internet with easy login.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Was chosen the hotel by a person named Rami of Arab descent and was a nice person to deal approachable and loves Visitors Service in the hotel where he facilitated the things are in custody and choose the hotel said that the residence will be pleasant and comfortable, thank you for your service and good Arab Saavckm

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff could be more friendly, I passed through 4 interactions with them in which 3 of them showed little bit of attitude issue as follows: 1- during check-in, I've asked if someone can help me with parking the car as I was driving for more than 6-hrs with my wife and 3-kids, instead of helping he just pointed to me where the parking area is, and for the note, it was late @ 10 PM with no other customers at all 2- I've made the reservation through booking including the kids, and the suite involving Sofa-bed that should be already prepared for sleeping, however it wasn't ready, and when I called asking, I got the response that "You made reservation for 2-adults only", it was strange to me and I was too tired to argue it, so I just asked them to help so that we can sleep and catch our early flight in the morning 3- I've requested iron and board @ 6:30 AM as we needed to prepare our clothes as we were flying back home, so I called and the response I got was "Iron??? Now!!!", and again I didn't want to argue the attitude and just asked for the help so that I catch my flight In these cases, the hotel did great and deliver the service, however the attitude of delivering the service was not at the level I expect from such great hotel.

Although I've stayed only overnight coming from Switzerland to catch a flight from Munich airport, however the hotel was just perfect with super-high speed check-in process. The room as well and the amenities were great and in super-excellent conditions. I would highly recommend staying there.

very expensive everything , especially drinks but i guess this is Munich

I stopped eating dinners here because the menu was the same on my past 3 stays. I come to Munich once a year.

Housekeeping is very good.

Very friendly personnel. Food was great at the bar. Easy access to bus stop....

Mini bar

Silent neighborhood. You should rent car when you stay at this property.(europ car & sixt is less than 10 min by walk)

all good near the U ban.

Some furniture looks used.

I took a suite because a promotion. Very big room and comfortable for the family.

the rooms are really nice, personal at the rezeption also.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The personal is very rude and not friendly.for 4 stars hotel that is very bed

location of hotel !! is not good for tourism

very good hotel. Large and clean rooms and excellent services

No one will help you in carrying the luggage

Everything is perfect