Reviews of The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Potsdamer Platz 3, Mitte, 10785 Berlin, Germany

#11 of 579 hotels in Berlin

Fabulous hotel
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access

Had to wait over an hour past check in time to check in.

Fab staff - we stayed there on our honeymoon and they couldnt do enough! They were polite and very knowledgable about the local area and what to do.

Very good location.
    • Deluxe View Room

A very small pool. There is no water in the spa / sauna area. The bathroom was not very clean. Breakfasts on a medium level, and very expensive. Sometimes you have to share a table with someone else. At breakfast, I had to wait 20 minutes for an omelette. Nobody comes to ask if you want tea or coffee.

Very good location. Nice service. Super comfortable bed. Big plus for fast wi-fi.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Lovely hotel, great trip

I didn't realize I didn't get Marriott points if I book through a third party

Staff was extremely nice, allowed us to check in early, very helpful. Loved the bike rentals, nice bikes and great way to explore the city.

Fantastic bed, pillows etc, slept like a baby, really...
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast was really poor, even if it was served in some temporary place (due to some renovation). I am vegan and for people like me there were only a bit of tomato, cucumber or cereals. Not much! But my meat eating husband wasn't satisfied too. I was expecting something special for that price! For future customers I suggest eating outside, somewhere on Potsdamer Platz, plenty nice cafes

Fantastic bed, pillows etc, slept like a baby, really noiseproof room, helping staff

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

it was a nightmare trying to relax in a construction site
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel is under construction, and nobody notified in advance. had to move room twice because of broken shower and drilling noises in the morning. BEFORE YOU COME, CHECK THAT CONSTRUCTIONS ARE OVER.

the staff was doing his best to deal with the constructions going on in the hotel

Room is nice clean and fresh, but it doesn’t feel like ritz...
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast was a total disaster. I think 3* hotels giving better breakfasts. The “shef” cannot make pouched eggs and sunny side up eggs was burnt up to brown color. Also if you want to get some kind of vegetables you have to pay. And the food quality was so poor that I felt bad all day long after this breakfast. This can’t be ritz. Also you have to inform guests that you are having renovation

Room is nice clean and fresh, but it doesn’t feel like ritz at all

Very enjoyable experience.
    • Deluxe Room

Due to renovations taking place breakfast buffet was held in brasserie which seemed to limit the lay out of choices and low lighting made it rather gloomy.

Location, staff attitude and comfort of rooms, lovely comfortable beds and large bath.

Ritz-Carlton worst stay ever. Avoid at all costs
    • Deluxe Room

It was terrible. Phones did not work. Had to walk to lobby to order anything. Construction every morning at 9. Nice jack hammers. Spa was closed. It was the worst stay ever. They should have closed for reconstruction. I asked nicely every day to get things rectified and was ignored despite booking two room and being a Ritz-Carlton member. I will never stay at a Ritz-Carlton again because of this catastrophe.

Staff were generally nice except the concierge was as rude and stiff as could be. Just rude, rude, rude.

Great hotel, great location, consistently very good and a...
    • Deluxe Room

Current refurb is a great thing, but following this, some “tech updates” like cables and usb-chargers in the rooms do not work

Great hotel, great location, consistently very good and a favorite place to stay in Berlin

The location is excellent and everyone was really friendly...
    • Deluxe Room

The location is excellent and everyone was really friendly and helpful. The beds are very comfy (we stayed in one of the newly refurbished rooms). Overall the whole experience was very relaxing. Would definitely come back.

The hotel was renovated.
    • Deluxe View Room

The hotel was renovated. We were not informed of this in advance. The noisy dump began working on the floor above us from 9am in the morning. If I knew about this fact in advance, I would order accommodation elsewhere. We had a busy evening, we planned to sleep for a long time. Upon completion of the reconstruction I would definitely return to the hotel. However, I am currently dissatisfied.

Lux Berlin art deco style.
    • Deluxe Room

Some reconstruction works going on a bit disturbing, and at the breakfast I was offered yea or coffee when finished.

Great hotel, its Ritz no more comments;)

We got a beautiful room and location
    • Corner Deluxe Suite

On arrival nothing explained!!!! we were not even informed of renovations going on.Noisy and foyer messy no access we decided to check out early i night early to a better hotel which was more professional We piked this place because of reputation but unimaginable disappointment!!!! we were charged for the third night even though we didnt stay and when we git bill it said room/breakfast which we had no idea was included so upset we went out looking breakfast everyday they should have explained everything dont bother such a disappointment made me stressed rooms never serviced properly sleays had to ring for toiletries and towels anyway cant be bothered anymore

We got a beautiful room and location

Amazing location, staffs and facilities.
    • Deluxe Room

currently underconstruction (refurbishment) so it was so loud from 9am-5pm hence we could not enjoy it for the price we paid. We shouldve been warned first but when we check in it was too late

Amazing location, staffs and facilities.

excellent staff. excellent room. excellent hotel
    • Deluxe Room

The food could have been better.. we mostly ate in room breakfast but we did order some food from the main menu as well and it wasnt good. We had to change rooms twice as the first room the wifi wasnt in range and the second room the aircon wasnt working but it all worked out fine

fantastic rooms at a fantastic price. Great service and we definitely will be back. Great location. we will be back for sure

Great location and impeccable service!
    • Deluxe Room

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Perfect location. The bedroom was impeccably clean, comfortable, quiet and conveniently equipped with coffee/tea machine. Beautiful and elegantly decorated hotel. Highly recommend!

very nice hotel
    • Deluxe View Room

the internet was not good,the food form the room service was not good

nice luxury hotel ,right in the center.the room was very big,it was like apartment

Absoloutely fabulous
    • Deluxe Room

The staff were super friendly! They would happily get us anything we wanted and were always there for us whenever we did need something! Also the place is stunning Will be returning very shortly! Great job guys

Top notch
    • Deluxe Room

There was nothing not to like, everything was top notch, as you would expect. The bed was a dream and the pillow kept cool all night on the really hot summer evening that we were there. But everything from check in to check out was perfect, I couldn't think of anything negative if I tried. :)

Great location, beautiful hotel, excellent staff, would recommend.
    • Deluxe Room

The spa was not ready to be used at 10:00 am (Sauna and steam room were not hot and told would be a few hours to warm up)

Refurbished rooms lovely. The bar staff were lovely and very helpful, they helped my girlfriend choose one based on the fragrance she liked.

Good location to major spots.
    • Deluxe Room

Slightly noisy as it’s in progress of renovation. Better than expected as we knew it before booking.

Good location to major spots. Clean and nice hotel. Value for money.

i like berlin so much
    • Deluxe Room

i didint like personal capture for the staff in the reception and this the first time i see this she take from us€ 200 for tow person per night so the total €1200 for 6 night we stay i live in many hotels also 5 stars but not tike ritz

i like the hotel that it’s luxury and the location is excelent and luby

Terrible experience
    • Deluxe Room

Very disappointed due to maintenance works from 10 am to 6 pm on 5th floor, I was staying on 4th floor. Despite the advance email from Ritz advising on maintenance works in lobby area the actual works were on floors, had to stay outside till 6 pm and no chance to move to another room as terrible drill machine voice was everywhere. Strongly recommended to arrange for another hotel until maintenance works are completed.

Perfect hotel in Berlin
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel is under renovation. Part of it is not available temporarily. The sound of reconstruction is noisy but not so much. Just ask for quiet room when making you booking. The idea of the renovation was as we realized to charge design from classic to modern. If to be true I liked previous design more. But of course it is a matter of taste.

This hotel is perfectly fine both for business and leisure. Location is just perfect. Stuff is absolutely perfect. I can definitely recommend this hotel for people who like comfort and hihg level of service.

Great service, wonderful location, overall 5 star experience
    • Deluxe Room

Maintenance work during our stay was unexpected and very upsetting. The noise level was horrible and left a negative impression during our otherwise lovely stay at Ritz-Carlton Berlin

Great service, wonderful location, overall 5 star experience

• Deluxe Room

There are some works going on in the hotel resulting in noise and hassle during the day and the fact that lifts are not going directly to lobby and one needs to change at the 1st floor

Great staff and amenities but over-priced
    • Deluxe Room

the drilling was SO loud. We did know that there would be work on the hotel but it was very intrusive - impossible to relax in your room during the day.

Large, modern, clean room.

Mixed, but mainly unpleasant.
    • Deluxe Room

The Hotel is undergoing room refurb it seems, and the noise was just shocking, we were given no pre-notice of the works in the Hotel. The noise starts at 9am to 5pm is so bad so bad that it felt like we were staying in a work site with constant eye paining deep drilling and banging. The Breakfast was shocking, really really bad. Being a Moslem, I asked for the breakfast egg chef to ensure that they use a pan which was not exposed to pork, law and behold they did not have one, then I asked her to purify the pan and wash it so at least it was cleansed from any pork, which she did, then I saw the lady chef frying some Bacon and using her hands to place it on a tissue paper to dry the oil, she to my shock, then used the same hands on my plate to serve me the ommelete, really, simple basic halal principles where not met. Then we had to wait for over 40 mins to get a simple cup of tea served to us on our table. After protesting we got some attention, I then called the manager or so-called manager of the restaurant only to be addressed with attitude and a defensive approach. Overall the F&B experience in particular for breakfast was terrible. The noise a major inconvenience. Suggest anyone wanting to stay here goes once the works are over for some simple peace and quiet.

Location is very good, the newly decored rooms are nice and clean and modern. Reception staff and Doormen where very very good.

Underwhelming, will not be returning.
    • Deluxe Room

we stayed two nights. The room was clean enough on the first night ( found hairs in the bathroom , not a big deal but not pleasent) On the second night the room was cleaned however to a poor standard - bed not made properly, water etc not replenished. There was construction happening in the hotel. We were emailed about this after the booking was made and paid for ( 2 weeks after). On the Monday morning the building noises were very loud and woke us up. Maybe I expect too much but I thought we would be offered something to make up for this , even something small as it did take away from the trip and experience .overall the hotel met our needs but was largely under whelming and we will not be returning.

It was my birthday when I traveled and the staff wished me happy birthday and gave me a card and slice of cake. This was a lovely touch and despite not being happy with our stay this really was nice.

Room for improvement in room service
    • Deluxe Room

Did not have a night bed turn. I tools a shower when I arrived, in the evening and the following morning. I used the towels and had to reuse them 3 times.

The new rooms deco

Very nice hotel, room ,bed perfect. But have your meals outside the hotel.
    • Deluxe Room

The Restaurant at the hotel was very disapointing. . I had both lunch and dinner there. The menu is littel , and the Food I had was not good! This restaurant does not meassure up to the standard of a 5 star hotel .

Awsome, will come again.
    • Deluxe View Room

Nothing here....well this has nothing to do with hotel but we were totaly shocked to see people (4 person) in sauna with bathing shorts on.

Everything was awsome, friendly staff, great room, lounge cigare lounge .....really best place in Berlin. Location superbe actualy you can walk and see whole Mite Bezirk. Great breakefast. Next time in Berlin well defenetly stay here again

Very disappointed and surprised at lack of world-class luxury service
    • Deluxe View Room

Nothing like The Ritz in London or Paris. This is a premium hotel but not luxury by European standards. Premium prices but the value for money is very poor, from the awful pub-food restaurant to the lack of communication and services. I expected a world-class luxury service, and felt like I was spending a premium price to stay as a mid-level hotel. Very disappointed and unlikely to use Ritz Berlin again, unlike their Paris and London versions.

The bedroom was very comfortable. The doorman was excellent and friendly (far more than other staff). The hotel was clean and in a great location.

Bed is amazing!
    • Deluxe Room

I stayed in one of the old guest rooms. The hotel is under a major renovation so i guess would not be fair complaining about the old design. I chose a smoking room although i must say i never stayed in a smoking room with such a strong cig smell. Also i really missed a coffee machine in the room. I tried room service for lunch and dinner. It’s ritz prices but i missed the variety of food on the menu. It’s very basic for those prices.

Bed is amazing! Not the best Ritz i experienced but nothing to complain.

You must stay this hotel when you visit Berlin!

Nothing! Just perfect!

Everything is perfect! Staff, room, restaurant, and specially club lounge is fantastic! Room is so big and facilities are very good. Club lounge is so wonderful and nothing to complain.

GREAT!
    • Deluxe View Room

LOVED THE BREAKFAST!! YOU CAN EVEN ORDER EGGS BENEDICT, FRENCH TOASTS, THE MOST DELICIOUS PANCAKES EVER. THE ROOM WAS GREAT, THERE WAS EVEN THE OPTION TO WARM THE FLOOR. LOVED MY STAY!

Only name nothing else ...
    • Deluxe Room

Hard to write any possitive revue once there was no hot water in the hotel because of kind of technical problem ... which reception staff knew by the check in and didn’t informed about !!! It is very unfair especially when we were charge full rate !!! No basic cosmetics in the bathroom like cotton pads or ear cleaners dusty smell of carpets and old air conditioning smell makes this hotel not even fair ... Disaster !!!

Luxury accomodation in good location
    • Deluxe Suite

Surprised there was no spa or beauty rooms. At end of long trip I was looking forward to facial and manicure ready for long trip home.

room was very comfortable. Great size. Chose suite as good configeration for us and it was terrific. Turn down service always a lovely touch. Room service very friendly.

The bed was super comfy, the food was amazing and the staff...

The staff in the breakfast hall could be a little more attentive when guests are looking to be served, but never the less, were very friendly

The bed was super comfy, the food was amazing and the staff were friendly and always willing to help!

A decline every year of service, facilities and supplies
    • Corner Deluxe Suite

We booked a executive suite. The suite was very small from what I used to know from the ritz, I guess I've got the smaller one. It was a room for 2, but only one bathrope and no slippers or toiletries. For the price we expected more service.

I come every year for Christmas.

very good all without 2 small thinks
    • Deluxe Room

we was two years ago and it was also santa close day -5-6 december ... two years ago when we woke up in our door was hanging small gifts like chocolates and we are so happy that somebody thinking of it but now we were wearing for this andtgere wasn't maybe we were bed thus year ;o) but probably not enough to make a gift us like only one chocolate ,,, that was a little sa we don't know why happened maybe new manager or something ....hope in this only one day will changing again ...

check in and out food and take care us ;o) but one was a little make Us this time it was night from5 to 6 december and i write about it below ...

Ritz by name quality outstanding
    • Deluxe Room

No where does it say there renovating the hotel and you will experience some noise. Also the leisure pool and spa was not working for the week I was there.

The staff are amazing made me feel so special. The hotel lived up to the name.

Interior, the piano bar ,the breakfastroom
    • Deluxe Room

The headboard of the beds were dirty. It didnt feel very fresh. The carpets were torn in the hall. Few vegetables at the breakfast

Interior, the piano bar ,the breakfastroom

Always nice to find hotels going the extra mile
    • Deluxe Room

Ah? Yeah. Ah. Still thinking. Really. Still thinking. Nothing. They demand a good price, they deliver a terrific experience for it. From the moment you park (valet parking - a rarity in germany) to the moment you check out, you always feel taken care of.

It is the Ritz. 5 Star hotels are nice. those that try to go the extra mile (like the Ritz) make you truly feel at home. It is, by now, my favourite place in Berlin.

great Hotel, super staff with little flaws
    • Deluxe Room

We observed during our 3 day stay that there was a partly massive shortage of staff. Order of drinks and food at the bar took long, breakfast 3 times in a row ordering coffee such as cappuchino took 10 minutes or more. Curry-sausage could be improved as it is a Berliner signature dish, fries were completely over-salted. the team though is great and the made up with a smile and understanding attitude, top notch SPA seems to be under renovation so we could only use the steambath and Sauna. Decor is a bit on the old fashioned side, but its a Ritz Carlton!

staff is outstanding, right mixture between elegant respect and distance and friendliness.

Great location, friendly staff, nice breakfast, nice bar.
    • Deluxe Room

Lighting in room, particularly bathroom could be better. Bathroom linens scant - only one bathrobe for two people - only one small bath mat even though shower and separate bath.

Great location, friendly staff, nice breakfast, nice bar. Would stay there again.

Awesome
    • Deluxe Room

I’m not crazy about elevators that are controlled by keys partially because it is annoying to have the key ready but also because it makes it difficult to get to your colleagues room if on a different floor.

This property is exactly what you would expect from a top notch hotel group.

Lovely hotel and great location.
    • Deluxe Room

bed was a little to soft so it actually felt like it was worn in a little to much. there was construction noise that was very loud and we were not informed of it prior to our arrival. There was nowhere to get away from it so it should have been disclosed.

Lovely hotel and great location. Staff was super attentive and helpful. Did not want for anything. Large comfy room

Hope the renovations would much the gusts expectations
    • Deluxe Room

We stayed while construction and remodeling of the rooms were going on, too much noise during the morning. The room cleaner need to be advised on getting rid of some of the smell of the urin in the toilet from previous guests.

Staffs from Reception were great, and door men too
    • Deluxe Room

There was construction going in the morning after check in, There was even a sign or information. I was on vacation and try to sleep in but drilling stared from 9am. And every morning...

uncomfortable
    • Deluxe Suite

When I entered the hotel they did not tell me there was a renovation in the upper floors so I could not sleep, I cut off my stay and went out of the hotel to a second hotel

Best in Berlin, by far!
    • Deluxe Room

Nothing. The specific problem that happened to us can happen in any hotel, it's beyond our control. However, Ritz staff showed efficiency, solidarity and hospitality at all times.

Everything. This hotel gave a very important lesson to germany: how to be service oriented to the utmost level. All the problems that happened were taken care of in a real Ritz-Carlton fashion, impossible not to feel compensated.

Not recommended until renovation works finish.
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel is undergoing renovation, of which I wasn't informed when booking it. I asked for a quiet room since I was travelling with a baby. Upon arrival we were informed that they can't guarantee our room will be quiet since the hotel is being renovated and they have construction works in different parts of the hotel. Indeed, there was heavy drilling right next to our room, which made it impossible to relax in the room. The works, according to the leaflet I found in the room, were supposed to be carried from 9am to 6pm. However, in the morning they started at 8am. Also, because of the renovations, the entire wellness area is closed.

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, spacious rooms and bathrooms, good breakfast.

• Deluxe Room

I was really disappointed that when I booked this hotel, I was not advised that the pool would be closed for refurbishment during our stay - not good enough. Also having some room repairs (I presume) taking place with loud drilling right over our room starting at 0930 and carrying on for ages, was not what I would expect from a 5 star hotel.

The staff were excellent, very helpful and the location of the hotel is spot on

Ok

See above

I live in a ritz Carlton apartment and have very high expectations The Berlin hotel is nicely situated but the carpets in the corridors, the smell, the terrible gym (temporary) smell of sweat, the service in the main restaurant is not up to the ritz Carlton standards

good / excellent hotel with a couple of detracting aspects
    • Deluxe Room

Regrettably, there was a drilling noise from construction in the hotel which commenced at approx. 9 am for each day of our stay. Booking.com did not mention this would be happening before or after we booked the hotel and when we arrived we were concerned that there was little chance to change hotels at that stage. Staff very understanding on the issue but we may not have booked the hotel if we had known about the noise prior to booking. As it transpired as a married couple with no kids accompanying us we were able to place the issue to one side and get on with our stay, but it did adversely affect our attitude to the hotel and the atmospherics of our stay. I can imagine people with young kids would be particularly upset, if not angry about the noise. Whilst being clean and offering good service levels, (occasionally one or two staff let down the overall very good standard) the dining room or restaurant is not a high class room like other 5 star hotels would offer. It is a good room for breakfast or perhaps lunch but if you are looking for something with that little extra touch for dinner it is not the place.

Staff were excellent, especially reception and concierge. The chap on the front door (Anthony) was very helpful, assisting us with tips on trips to sights, train journeys (even walking us to the station and being with us when we bought tickets), directing taxis to where we wished to go to and with other various niceties. Rooms are big and good with all of the facilities one would expect of a 5 star hotel.

Breakfast very delicious and in general a Great place to...
    • Deluxe Room

It was not announced that the Pool and the Bar could not be used and Is under construction.

Breakfast very delicious and in general a Great place to stay.

Everything!
    • Deluxe Room

Concierge..... not so friendly nor approachable.

Everything!!! Specially the buffet breakfast! Great quality food and the staff was amazing! Fast and friendly!! The rooms!! Incredible bed and linen sheets. The toiletries were from Asprey. Very happy! Exceeded my expectations!

Heart of Berlin
    • Deluxe Room

The bed and pillows were too soft and uncomfortable...but the pillows were changed to firmer ones on request

The staff at Ritz Carlton made all the difference, warm, caring and very very helpful. The room was large and airy and even a change of room request was accommodated quickly (though they should have got my preference right in the first place)

Totally disappointing
    • Deluxe Room

The noise of construction in rooms above at 08 am ! Having to ask for nearly 250€ of excess charges to be removed from the bill . Having my baggage lost for 40 mins and missing my train because of the delay

Huge standard rooms
    • Deluxe Room

Mattress was too soft. Breakfast selection was good but could be wider as for a 5 star hotel.

Not only the room was 40 sq. m but twin beds were spacious as well.

Great rooms however not a coherent management!!
    • Deluxe Room

We had a very rude warning from a staff because she did not like the way we sit in the lobby. She changed my positive feeling about the hotel.

Great room!

Excellent As Usual !
    • Corner Deluxe Suite

Check out sooner than I would have liked to....

The Restaurant is truly excellent cuisine for Vegetarians - Chef & manager was truly flexible and willing to cater to our taste. Further, the Room Service was excellent - one special word of praise for the Room Service Chef Mr. Ricardo !

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Good style, impersonal services
    • Deluxe Room

I stayed for two nights with my family at Ritz. To begin with, despite of having 50+ rooms per floor and not fully occupied, I was told that it wasn't possible to have the two rooms on the same floor for me and my family. Then I was given a handicap accessible room without being told in advance. I appreciate how the hotel has handicap friendly rooms, but it wasn't just fit for purpose in my case as I actually prefer rooms with baths and double sinks. Then, there was no turndown services during the two nights that I stayed, which I thought was really sub par and not in the same league as other luxury hotels. In general, the atmosphere at the hotel was a bit spooky, cold and impersonal.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Thankyou for making our stay so lovely - aufwiedersein we hope!

Nil.

Brilliant location within walking distance to many iconic sites in Berlin. The room was warm, but we were able to open a window for fresh air, it was comfortable and had a birds-eye view of Potsdamer Platz. The bathroom was spacious with walk-in shower, which we requested. The hotel is close to the Berlin Mall if you need to shop! Loved the breakfasts and choice of fresh fruit or dairy products. The service throughout the hotel and reception and wait staff were very helpful and amenable to our every need. Hope we can visit you again very soon!

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Check in at this hotel. Best hotel in the best location.
    • Deluxe Room

The shower is small although the bathroom is big.

I like the hotel. The location is very convenient to shopping , places to eat and the hop on hop off bus stops right in front of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Great breakfast, but not impressed with the hotel stay
    • Deluxe Room

There are no coffee or tea making facilities in the room. Unexpected for a 5 star hotel. Note that ordering tea is EUR 12 from room service. Very expensive! AC was not working in the room, hence very hot even though it was winter. We could not open the window because of the light from the opposite building and loud street sounds. Hotel offered an extremely loud fan during the night... Next day we were changed to a different similar room. Would have expected some kind of gesture from the hotel to make up for the really bad night, eg. free breakfast or upgrade or discount. Nothing though.

Breakfast was really amazing

Superb
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access

In Potsdamer platz - not far from the main attractions but not a very interesting square either

Staff in the lounge, especially Lennart, were amazing - so helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Well Maintained Hotel BUT, lacks the warmth & hospitality in Guest Services
    • Corner Deluxe Suite

Very, Very POOR Concierge services, Room Service & Laundry services ! Room Service Breakfast was a sham ! EURO 28 each charged for two people and breakfast items were for ONE person. Had requested laundry items to be returned folded. They were returned in hanger. Absolutely NO choice of room service food for Vegetarians.No eye for detail.

Top class property. Very well maintained. Housekeeping is excellent !

My stay was comfortable talking about the room but not the room service and facilities in the hotel.
    • Deluxe View Room

No proper laundry service plus the price of pressing is equal to a full laundry service. I had five suits for pressing which cost me €304 and it took almost half a day to be returned.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

nice time in Berlin
    • Deluxe Room

22 minutes to get toilet paper from housekeeping... breakfast was absurdly expensive and the fruit was rotten and it was pretty messy

the people were so nice, and the location, and the pomp

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Nice but noisy.-
    • Deluxe Room

My room was realy noisy, It went on the hole morning, at day time and even late night. Terribell, sounded like their cleanery was on the top of my room, had a 5 night stay.

Nice hotel, with good staff, Check inn was great, breakfast perfect.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Perfect hotel, perfect location.
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel is right in the centre of all attractions, a perfect location. Staff friendly happy to assist with everything from charging telephones to organising tickets for attractions and anything in between. Large, clean room with possibly the most comfortable hotel bed ever.... coming from someone who spends half their life living out of hotels that's praise indeed!!

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

I am a regular here at least twice a year for several days each time. There is a reson for that.
    • Deluxe Room

The internet booking garbled the spelling of my name, and the check-in clerk missed it. This led to my internet connection in the room not working for the first day. Also, the breakfast buffet no longer offered apricot marmalade, potatoes or lilikoi (passion fruit), which were nice touches in the past years.

Great bed, bathroom, shower, decent internet connection (once it got established). Even the doormen were cool (every one of them--best team in Germany!), and just the right amount of offering to help with luggage without insisting. Wonderful breakfast buffet, even though they seem to have done away with potatoes, passion fruit and apricot marmalade, three of my favorites from previous years.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Unimpressed, won't chose Ritz Carlton again
    • Deluxe Room

Overall staff was aloof and our room was inadequately cleaned for 2 days in a row until we complained. Not what you would expect from a 5-star hotel.

Location, Breakfast