Reviews of QGreenhotel by Meliá 4 stars

#158 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

4.9

4.3

• Double or Twin Room

The person at the front desk in the morning shift. And their unapologetic attitude & absolutely condescending tone. Not to forget, response to request after 48 hours.

Mrs. Fernandez! The only good thing about it!

• Double or Twin Room

location is ok, but not in center. i was at my birthday, no compliments and notice.

excellent breakfast, sauna 24x7, cosy lobby, and nice room. Would recommend to other travellers.

• Double or Twin Room

There weren't any shops nearby (although there is a small mini shop in the hotel where you can buy drinks and snacks).

The staff were super helpful, shout out to Tobias at the front desk! The parking was private to hotel guests only and very secure. We felt safe leaving our rental car there.

- Overpriced breakfast - Noisy room at night - Wifi was very slow - Only one pillow in the room - The check out was very slow and complicated

Nice and clean room, very nice launge and lobby. Near to the Frankfurt Messe. Coffe machine in the room was a good idea.

• Premium Double Room

Even though I booked for two people, they only provided stuff for one person in the room [one set of sandals, only one bath coat, etc.].

I liked the fact that the hotel had a nice sauna quite close to my room.

I asked non smoking room, upon arrival I noticed it was not good. So they said that will.order to clean again. However, cigarretes was found im the room and I got overnight problems to breathe . Unfortunately for people with allergic problems this is not acceptable. What hotel did? NOTHING.

• Double or Twin Room

SLOW wifi ! really really slow ! the breakfast was just okay, the fitness room had almost no machines !

Near the messe area (halls 9, 10, 11) however, u can`t enter the messe area from that gate !

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

I booked a double room (single occupancy) but had a room with 2 single beds. Free wifi was strong but could only be used on one device.

Very good location for the Halls 8 / 9 of the Messe (short walk into the halls). Friendly staff and clean hotel but communal areas looking a little tired.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The reception was in a bad mood. In some cases when you are arriving to a hotel after a long flight you don't want or don't expect other people to make your life difficult. You need a smile and people to make your life easy this is why you pay for, at the end. In my case I arrived at the hotel at 11:30 in the morning. I was traveling from Cyprus since 2:00 in the morning changing buses two flights and a taxi because this is the only way to get to Frankfurt. I asked if I could have an early check in, the lady told me that this can be done if I pay 30 euro otherwise i can wait until 14:00. The truth is that I didn't actually need the room to get rest but to leave my staff and go to eat something and then go back to get rest. So I left my staff in the language room for free and went to eat something. I got out and realize that everything is closed on Sunday. So I walk to the nearest place 40 minutes on foot to a shopping mall I found on the map. The only shop that was operating it was a kind of Mexican fast food. I had a launch a coffee and walk back to the hotel. The time was 1:30 and I ask for early check in which normally (I am traveling a lot) easy to get if it is less than an hour from the normal check in time. The lady told me that I can only have the room at 2.00. I make my self comfortable to the lobby but I was so exhausted that I could hardly keep my eyes open. I order a strong coffee to keep me alert. At 1:50 I asked the lady if I can get my room. She was again impolite telling me " No you can get the room at 14:00". I can really say that anyone was able to see that I was really tired and ready to pass out. Then I become very upset telling to the lady that this is ridiculous and in this case I need to be in my room at 14:00. I went to the sofa again and the lady came at 14:15 to tel me that my room is now ready.

The room was big and comfortable, except from the fact that the heating was out and the temperature in Frankfurt was 0, but they put me a portable heater which worked perfect. The Bar and the staff at the bar were friendly and ready to help you.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Price was way too expensive for what the hotel provided. Clunky door locking device, on rooms. Poor wifi strength and had to pay for it on more than one device! Waited ages for service in the restaurant both evenings for dinner (short staffed?) Taxi service in the morning was terrible and was 30mins late for work. first taxi left without me and second took ages to arrive. The location on the side of a motorway was not appealing for going for a walk into the surrounding area. all around not a good experience.

Food was tasty

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

The staff at the reception was not very friendly. The rooms are very lousy and noisy. The mini bar is empty, and they ran out of still water,

Close to the fair

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Now, oh how much I can say on what we did not enjoy during the stay. 1. As we did pay a rather high amount of money for the one night there (it was our choice to choose Melia, I can't argue that!), we were expecting for it to be a fairly high-end hotel. One of the rules of such hotels - never, and I mean NEVER, leave the reception desk unattended. And even I, a traveller who mostly lives with international friends or in very low-class hostels, know that! However, when we came, the reception was empty and we had to stand there for about 8-10 minutes before the clerk came. Bear in mind that we came at about 9 pm, after a 3-hour flight and a drive of almost 2 hours, so we were obviously very tired. Even the barmen and other workers of the hostel couldn't find him, and a line in front of the reception desk had formed when he came back to his job. Thus, the first impression was already a failure on the side of the hotel. 2. Then we asked about the parking. Okay, so it's paid, not that much of a deal, we can pay a few euros. And then the price came - 22 eur for one day. We were shocked. Sure, it's a high-class hotel and all, but 22 euros seem to be far too much even for that. However, without getting any advice on free (or cheaper) parking, we reluctantly agreed to use the parking house. 3. We came into our room and, as we were foreigners, of course wanted to check our social media and contact our friends on the promised miracle of free wifi. Well, it is free. However, only for ONE DEVICE in one room a day. And it's also quite expensive. I mean, ripping your clients off with wifi and parking is not a sign of a good hotel chain. 4. Last but not least - we could only find two free plugs in the room. All the other ones were being used or, well, non-existent. No plugs near the bed. Mind you, one of the two plugs was in the bathroom! Is electricity THAT expensive in Frankfurt??? All in all - would not recommend.

-Two travellers: me and my dad- Okay, so firstly, as we were looking around for a hotel near the Frankfurt Messe, I'd say we were quite happy with the location turnout - it even had a medium-sized supermarket near it! Most of the facilities were quite nice, the rooms were definitely clean, we got a pack of gummies etc.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The room was not very clean, carpet was full of stains, cups in room were not cleaned and tiles in bath/shower wall had fungus on them! Furniture in room was very worn out and the internet wifi signal in room was too weak and impossible to accesss!. Even if you chose to pay for the internet access it was not possible to use it. Staff tried to appear helpful but did not solve issues.

The location was quiet.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

It's already the second time I take this hotel through Booking this year. The air conditioning never works! I couldn't sleep well even 1 night! When I requested to the staff of the night shift for a solution, they told me the only solution was to leave the hotel at my own charge. Honesty, I can't understand how after 2 years of having serious problems with the AA, they damage the image of such a nice hotel by making it feel like a sauna!

The staff is lovely. Very friendly and kind

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I don t like that the parking was too expensive, very bad internet and in the night was not silent enought.

The area was ok. The personal was very nice.

• Double or Twin Room

Cleaning service: slow and not thorough

Tamara Gomez, the spanish lady in Reception , made all the difference. She was awesome!!!

• Double or Twin Room

To participate of Messe exhibition is great. In the past was quite better. Seems quite abandoned comparing what was in the past. Anyway is good.

WiFi and personel And They didnt send invoice

• Double or Twin Room

The bed terrible. And the staff very unfriendly but nice room nice location .

Bathroom, Reception

Rolling beds

Not WiFi and expensive breakfast

Old smelly room

free wifi is a joke. very slow and only a few GB that is free

• Double or Twin Room

Don't change the towels if they don't lie on the floor. For better environment.

The friendly staff

• Double or Twin Room

Good hotel, clean, good location and good value for the money.

• Double or Twin Room

Very dirty room with broken furniture.

• Double or Twin Room

Clean, nice room, good place

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were extremely indifferent, unhelpful and unfriendly. Customer service should really be improved!

Room and bathroom were lovely

• Premium Double Room

internet limited availability and extremely slow connection.

Overall modern and crisp interior design/furnishing of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Room key was very troublesome.

Great value breakfast

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Terrible internet...

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

No safe in the room and room smell smoking

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

wifi very very bad

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

ONE OF THE STAFF ( ARABIAN BOY ) WAS ARROGAND BUT THE OTHERS SO KIND.

LOCATION FOR EXHIBITHION.

Cleanness and quite

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Location. Wifi. Staff were not particularly friendly.

Bed was comfy. TV was very good - good selection of English channels.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

It doesn't say on the website that WI-FI is free only for 100mb per day and you have to pay afterwards. In 2016, we use Mobile apps which do downloads and 100mb can easily be exhausted in minutes. So the advertisement is misleading.

It's cheaper compared to hotels around.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2016

The front desk is quite busy but with not enough staff members on duty during peak times. Only the first 100MB used on WiFi is free for a 24 hour period. After 100MB is used up, which is very quick, you will need to pay around 5 EUR for 24 hour access.

The room was comfortable, spacious, and clean in a standard business hotel within walking distance to the convention center. The taxi to the convention center takes about 5 minutes. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2015

We've booked a Junior Suite with a kitchen and a fridge because we're travelling with a baby and needed to store and cook food for him. There were no cutlery and dishes in the kitchen. The fridge simply turned off when we took of the lights card. We asked for an extra card to leave the power switched on, because we've had baby food in the fridge and the cleaning staff simply removed the card, switching off the power and ruining the baby's food we're storing on the fridge (for the whole journey). We're 2 adults and a baby and there only 2 sets of towels, every day we had to ask for an extra pair of towels for the baby.

The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

No double bed only twin bed was available despite we made a note by booking...

We arrived few hours before official check in time, but personal kindly offered us to use hotel's sauna and wait for our room.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

It all began with the welcome we received, which was pretty cold and the receptionist snapped at us repeatedly. Then we were checked into a room which was still being cleaned and were consequently moved to another room - which turned out to be filthy! I don't mean a little bit of dust. It was disgusting. Unfortunately we only realised how bad it was when we got back from the wedding in the evening (I hadn't looked at the bathroom previously). We decided we could last the night. Then around 8am the next morning somebody walked into our room - presumably room service (although they never identified themselves). We then received regular visits every 20 mins although loudly telling the person to not enter because we were in bed. It only stopped when I rang reception to complain. We never received an apology - for the room, the bad service or the staff that felt it was appropriate to just walk into a room where people were clearly sleeping without announcing themselves and without any good reason.

The hotel was in a good location and the beds were comfortable. Otherwise our stay was a disaster.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

The manager was very attentive, but I don't why: these hotels cannot figure out that if I make reservation for 2 rooms - it is quite logical that I would like them to be on the same floor. It seems to be close to mind, but half of the hotels on my trip in Poland and Germany, cannot seem to comprehend that logic (despite the fact that I wrote to them in advance and specifically asked for 2 rooms on the same floor.

It was a good deal and it's definitely a good balance between the price and the quality of the hotel. The breakfast was kind of expensive - a person can get prime and very delicious breakfast in any restaurant for less money.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

Whilst relatively easy to access CBD by tram etc still not close enough for walking tourist. Excellent though for nearby business park

Very helpful staff. Nice restaurant. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 18 June 2015

It was a warm weekend, thank God not the warmest ever When we arrived to the hotel, we were looking forward to a nice and fresh stay in our room. Instead, the air conditioning was not working properly We had poor sleep and stay due to this

The location if the hotel The room in general The price, when booking in advance, was very convenient

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

almost nothing for the money we spent.

Location is between the airport and city centre, easy access with public transportation. Clean and good rooms. Free wifi and very nice breakfast!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

The Room had only rare success to the wifi network. There is also only 100 mb of data per night and guest, not a lot to be honest. Also the cleaner came inside the room before 9 am in the morning. We forgot to hang out the do not disturb sign but I never had an event like this before. Then the cleaner went back out and started to clean the other room. When he or she started to hover, the hover slammed against the wall of the other room. Not really nice so early in the morning.

The Hotel Is für the Price really in the City Center in a nice and quiet area. The team station is right in front of the house and is driving around every 15 minutes. The Hotel Lobby was nice with a Bar and the way to the conference rooms and the Restaurant. The staff member were pretty nice. Also the room was amazing for the value. Everything was clean apart from a little bit of dust and a dirty shower head.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2015

Go through the comments other visitors left, found out some people had the same experiences of I had - the Staff's disrespected. Particularly to staff - Mr Sta..... the rudeness of international visitors makes me sick!!! Seems no any changes from last claims till now..... Other staffs are nice :)

• Reviewed: 10 March 2015

'Old-fashion' room style, beds were separate even in double rooms

Value for money, cleanliness, Free WiFi, TV, enough room space, nice reception

• Reviewed: 23 February 2015

the location has very limited restuarant option if you do not have a car. also the restaurant doesn't cook their food well. I think food in a box that is microwavable tastes better.

Underground parking with easy access to the lift and leads directly to the rooms

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

Extremely polite and kind staff. Would recommend and will be staying there again in the near future.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2016

they charge 20E for the parking and you have to drive around to get a space in the street

location, close to everything

• Reviewed: 21 January 2016

The best thing was the location. It is especially the best walking distance to the Messe Hall 9 and 8

• Reviewed: 12 January 2016

The bathtub in the bathroom

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

Very limited free wifi

Overall good.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2015

Fully enough volume and quality of breakfast and very quiet room.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

The wifi.

The breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

extre fee for Internet above 100mb Air condition stop not work well Bad view form them room

very clen hotel nice big room

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

wifi interent - poor and expensive

location, "air", cleanleaness, breakfast

• Reviewed: 18 June 2015

the ac didnt work too well

near the tram line, clean and comfortble

• Reviewed: 14 February 2015

The F&B dining close early.

Reliable front office staff.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2015

Limited wifi

Very comfortable and clean room. The hotel is located near a tramway station and a bus stop is located at the door of the hotel.

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse QGreenhotel by Meliá traveller photo gallery