Reviews of Turm Hotel This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Eschersheimer Landstrasse 20, Nordend, 60322 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#83 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

Well, I didn't spot anything that bothered me during my 2 days' stay

It seems I stayed in a new part of the hotel. My room's quality surprised me in a very positive way. Very functional, nice, clean, tidy and quiet place. And VERY comfortable bed, which I appreciaed a lot, particularly after dancing long hours.

Very good. Small detail but a kettle etc. would be expected and for hot days a fan in the room. Nice safe area and really placed for everything.

I was in Frankfurt for a trade show. The location is first class, easy to get to the Messe, on the door step of the shopping area and great selection of restaurants. 200-500m metres away, very easy walk. The Hotel is very good and I will use it again. Arrived on a Sunday so the Bar is closed. The served a good breakfast but there is no room service nor a restaurant like many other hotel. Not an issue as there is a Mini Bar, you can get tea/coffee at a tea station in the lobby and good restaurants on the door stop plus mini markets. It was very humid and there is no air conditioning, lots of road noise if you open the window but when closed no noise at all. I got a fan which was great but they should be standard and a kettle with tea/coffee for a Hotel of this standard should be supplied. Over all very good and would strongly recommend. Easy to get to from the train station but if you want a taxi it's €10, the same to the exhibition but there are two underground station 200 and 500 meters away.

The hotel policies didn't inform about the end of check-in time, when I arrived they had marked me as "no show", after listening that it was my fault I got the keys and went to the room. The carpet design is awful, nothing wrong with it, just a bad taste of design.

Nicely located and easy to find, the bed are very comfortable and the bathroom is very nice and spacious.

• Superior Twin Room

There's no kettle/hot pot in the room and we had 1 bottle of prosecco from mini bar, which was flat (must have been sitting there a long time without being replaced)

The location was good, clean rooms, pretty soundproof, comfortable beds. The hotel staff was friendly.

Location can be a bit out of the way for some tastes, but it’s about ten minutes walking to food and shops. Our bed was a little firmer than I prefer, but not terrible. I slept well here.

The staff was super-friendly! The front desk employee who checked us in was kind and humorous and made us feel welcome. Our room was comfortable and very well put together. Even though our room faced the street, I slept very well. The shower in our room was perfect, too—I always seem to find fault with hotel showers, but this one had good pressure, the shower head height was adjustable, the temperature was great, and there is a heated towel rack. Would stay again!

Some rooms are nice but others are decorated in black, quite depressive. Between reception and the lift there is a long way with several flights of stairs up and down. Very hard to rag to luggage. No kettle in the room and they won't give it to you even if you beg.

Location, cleanliness, value for money

• Standard Single Room

Small and nice. Good standard. Nice breakfast. Clean and good rooms. Nice shower with a big cloud of water. Silent at night as my room was to the back. 30 minutes good morning walk to the Frankfurt Exhibution main enterence. Walk trough the are of skyscrapers.

Lot's of natural light in my room but at night, I would have preferred more lighting options than the three lamps. (Room 32).

Fabulous Breakfast, well-organized, loved not waiting for coffee, but having fresh and hot coffee thermos on my table. One of the few times I have ever paid for breakfast (as I took a rate without it), but no regrets - a deal for the quantity and quality offered. Room was spacious, bed and linen a delight. Spacious shower, perfect shower head and hot water.

The lighting in the room is TERRIBLE! There is not a main light so you cannot read or work and you cannot even see enough to pack suitcases well. There is not a jug so no access to hot water. The lift was regularly not working and we had to carry a 30kg suitcase down from 3rd floor as guy in reception never came to help :-(

The location to the city is incredible! The size of the room is lovely and the balcony a definite bonus. The parking access alone would ensure we stay here every time we come to Frankfurt!! The rooms are really nicely done!

• Superior Triple Room

Lift is very slow and small

We stayed in the original part of the hotel, recently refurbished, with lots of space, very nice bathrooms, and big bedrooms to accommodate all three of us Breakfast was very good and the bar/restaurant facilities looked excellent

• Superior Triple Room

The hotel has been nicely refurbished and the dining room is amazing. The bathroom was large and the triple room was excellent, both in size and facilities.

Strangely, bar open only Mon-Fri and was closed during our stay as barmaid off sick! However, reception staff supplied wine and glasses. Not far from city-centre bars and restaurants, anyway.

Modern, clean, quiet, comfortable room. Helpful staff. Hotel in good location for visiting Christmas markets - 15mins walk to Römerberg.

• Superior Triple Room

The wifi was rather slow. The fridge was more of a freezer (most drinks were frozen), but it was a really cold period.

Nice room, a lot of space (i took the 3 person room alone). Loved the bath room. Good location.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Superior Triple Room

Lights didn’t work, beds were not soft, I was suppose to have a street view room and it was not. I was to receive a superior comfort triple room, and it was not.

Location to downtown

• Superior Triple Room

Assistance when elevated got stuck

Hotel is a bit quirky and under repair during our stay. 10 minutes walk to Christmas Market. Elevater got stuck and couldn’t get luggage down from 5th floor.

New windows were fitted 2 months prior my stay, but improperly adjusted. This caused the sound protection to fail, which is required facing to the front. My request to check and adjust it was noted, but not executed. So, it was noisy and I had to sleep with ear plugs. Who ever planned the wardrobe has never tried to put a full suit in. Space between bar and bottom shelf is perhaps 50cm. So, you can hang a toddlers body, but not a business suit.

Generally nice little hotel near the city, which does a lot of things the way they should be.

Very, very heavy key fob. But if handed in, long queue to get it back on returning to hotel.

Recently renovated room with very nice modern wet room shower. Quirky decor throughout hotel.

Construction in the hallway which does not look nice. Once you enter the room everything is fine. We checked in in the evening and the receptionist that checked us in was not very helpful when we asked questions. Our safe had been left locked by the precious guest and we could not use it. She provided a solution but it did not work.

Modern rooms

Only one problem was I couldn't get wifi in my room — and I had to work a lot while I was in Frankfurt. But on the plus side it got me out of my room to sit in different places in the hotel!

I didn't have breakfast so can't rate this question I'm afraid. But it looked excellent!

wifi disastrous! We were a party of 3 with 3 separate rooms and only one guest could access wifi!

friendly and helpful staff. Nice location. Good breakfast choice. relaxing small hotel.

I stayed their 3 nights and had to sleep with window open to road noise as there is no air conditioning. Pillows very poor making it uncomfortable to sleep. The soap container in the bathroom was empty and not refilled the towels were small and there were black marks on tiles in shower. With putting all the effort into the quirkiness of the hotel they have made it feel souless Finally to get to some rooms you have to carry your luggage down some steps then along a corridor and up some more steps just to get to the lift.

Property literally 250 metres from Turm Tower and the start of the town centre so in good walking distance of shops and attractions. They have put effort into its quirky style to make a point of difference.

The internet in my room wasn’t working as promised and no solutions were presented to me. Some staff were helpful and friendly whilst other staff were rude, abrasive and not helpful.

The location was close to the city center and plant points of interest. Walking distance from main shopping street. The hotel was clean and tidy.

They had a single bed single room. So if you are traveling alone it is more cost efficient. It is a value for money humble room close to food and bars and train stations. :) There is a board game selling shop near by where I bought the firefly boardgame. There's a grocery store nearby too.

We explained that we didn't order breakfast. He was very rude and insisted that we had to pay for breakfast as that was the way they take bookings. He said it was the fault of booking.com. And he was not going to facilitate us.

Everything was good

the furniture was a bit old. to reach the elevator and stairs you need to go down 6 steps down then 6 steps up in the corridor. Rooms key was large and heavy

Nice location, City center and metro stations are very close. free parking. nice room.

The internet was not fast enough. I was better off just using my cellphone data. Gentlemen at the reception wasn't all that helpful in resolving internet related issues.

Was perfect for my one night stay. Location is great. Easily accessible via train and close to city centre but far enough to avoid all the city noise and chaos. Staff (young lady & young man) at the reception) were courteous and helpful.

• Superior Triple Room

Room was hot and stuffy as air conditioner wasn't working well. Staff even came up to try and reset but that didn't work. Breakfast was not well tended as to keeping food fresh and in supply.

Room was clean and modern with a spacious bath . They have invested in sound proofing windows to keep out traffic noise but the air conditioner had to work better! Easy to walk to old town and sites and restaurants.

In my opinion, central light in the room would be nice, it seemed a bit dark (no problems during the daylight, of course).

Location is quite close to the city center, the room is cozy and comfy. Nice place to stay, I'd recommend it.

The corridor lights turned off automatically before I 'successfully' unlock my room door. The room door key are too big and too heavy. The shower curtain was not wide enough to prevent water flowing over the shower tub.

They could have cereals at breakfast, and the internet didn't work in the room.

Good breakfast. It's not very near the attractions, but no hotel in Frankfurt is.

Very polite and helpful receptionists. Great location, 10 minutes walking to downtown. Parking in the backyard. Strongly recommended for great price/pefomance ratio.

Hotel being painted, workmen everywhere, making a noise before 8am in the morning, loud discussions in the breakfast room etc. No air conditioning at all and rooms phenomenally hot. Water from minibar not replenished. Hotel service seems to have gone to ruin.

The room was REALLY hot. As in, NO air. The entire hotel was under construction and they started work at 7am every day. I don't mind that normally, HOWEVER, normally, I am informed of that before I travel and am allowed to make my own decision. I was not told about the lack of air and the constant construction before I came. I stayed there, I enjoyed most of my stay. I would improve on my stay by being a little more honest about situations that come up. I'm sure it will look amazing when it's done!

Loved the staff. Amazing people that wanted to help with anything we needed.

The noise in the room we were put in was unbearable, even though we had specified a quiet room when we booked. We did not sleep for 2 nights until we insisted on being moved to a quieter room. We were told that because we had booked through booking.com the hotel was obligated to take care of 'paying' customers first.

The car park.

One of the reception was rude. Our room was next to the main road. It was very noisy when we opened the windows. Only 1 free wifi code. To get another one, I had to go down to the reception personally.

Location. Free parking behind the hotel. The shower

Temperature in entire hotel incl room much too warm. No airconditioning in room and keeping windows open very noisy. No decent coffee during breakfast. Bar was closed saturday at 18:00 ??

Rooms were good, bathroom very small but neat.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Good location - approx. 5-10 minute walk to the main pedestrian shopping area of Frankfurt. My single room was comfortable and clean with good Wi-Fi. I would recommend this hotel for short stays due to the fair price and location. Also - in the street behind the hotel (Oeder Weg) is a great bakery called "Zeit für Brot" which is good for breakfast. Further along Escherheimer Landstrasse are also good self-catering options eg REWE supermarket..

My room was rather tired, no-one answered the phone when I called reception twice, I took the last place in the car park, so I didn't dare move my car.

Breakfast was good value and the staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

We were traveling with a 2-month old baby and had asked for a baby bed upon reservation at booking.com. We didn't get a reply to our request and upon arrival we were told that there is only one baby bed in the hotel, which was already taken. We were given a room facing the street. It was so noisy that if you open the window you can't hear your own thoughts, if you close it, you can hardly breathe in the room. The wifi was not working properly, it either switched off or was very slow.

The location, free parking

Bed was a little hard, no AC - which would have been ok, except it is on a busy street with a lot of traffic noise.

Reception staff was nice. Good location. Great price.

Bar not open at weekends so no chance of coffee, soft drinks, water or alcohol to take to room or enjoy in the bar.

Great location, lovely staff. Clean rooms, good breakfast deal. Catered for gluten free guest.

• Superior Triple Room

It was a bit noisy because of the road next to the hotel, so we slept with closed windows. There is no air conditioner in the room, but there is fan.

Nice location, just 8-10 minutes to city centre. We booker triple room and it was spacious with big comfortable beds. Bathroom was huge with bath tub. In bed room there were also two benches and little table with candle, that was so romantic. We arrived by car and it is a hell to park your car in Frankfurt, I was so glad that hotel has it is own parking with sufficient number of parking places. Breakfast was also good, for kids it is chipper - we have to pay amount of our son's years.

I wish hotels would include the price of breakfast in the room rate again - paying extra for breakfast really takes the enjoyment out of it (I love breakfast!). And seeing the price b/w as an 'extra' makes me think about going elsewhere (nearby cafe, bakery - even though it was a reasonable euro 10 at Hotel Turm) Perhaps a case of false economy on the part of hotels?

Nice breakfast buffet, very friendly staff

Way too hot no AC! Opened windows but so noisy outside. Customer service at check in was the worst ever! The guy new we were American talked about us to his friend. It realizing we could understand him. He was not happy we used booking.com! They say there is internet but it didn't work even when I called to verify password still nothing! The hair dryer doesn't work. The shampoo is so cheap and u have to use it for everything. Soap body wash etc.. we have traveled Europe for the last 2 weeks and have been to so many great hotels. This is by far the worst. I would give it a one star

The room was a good size. That's it

The Turm is a comfortable hotel.On the map it looked like one U-Bahn stop to Messe fair as the crow flies,but it was actually 4 stops wirth one change but was easy to reach in any case.I should have checked that before booking. For the extra €10 cost for breakfast,the industrial canteen style coffee served along with it was terrible.If you want something like cappuccino you need to put another €3 into an automatic machine.Turm is listed as 4 star hotel, yet they don't seem to have even a small behind-the-bar coffee making machine with bartender/barista around at breakfast time to make proper coffee.This little detail let it down for me and on the second day I had breakfast at the little corner cafe nearby.

Great location near the river, shopping street, and old part of town. Easy walk from hotel. Hotel has 10 or so parking slots behind the building first come, first serve. Staff was friendly and helpful. Twenty minute drive to the airport on a Sunday morning.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Washroom very small and no exhaust, asked for quiet room but noisy. Dirty dishes were not removed from room by housekeeping. No fan in room.

Centrally located, bed and pillows were comfortable

Room was quite tired. Only booked here as all other hotels were extortionately expensive or fully booked due to a trade fair. This hotel was charging almost twice as much as usual so would not normally have paid this price for this hotel

Large room and comfy bed

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Superior Triple Room

Upon arrival our room was dirty. The bed was made and there were candies on the pillows but there were bottles, tissues and dirty towels on the floor. After telling the staff they fixed it immediately. My only other concern was the lack of security. The key is meant to be left at the front desk. You leave it when you leave the hotel and then give the front desk attendant your room number and they give you a key. No surname or ID is needed. Therefore anyone could walk in say a room number and get your key. I would suggest maybe giving out a card with a room number and last name that the guest keep and then shows the front desk in order to get the room key.

Great location-walkable distance from shopping, food and city square.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Elevator is available, but for threes at the same time. As my family had a stroller, it was really narrow.

The room size is much bigger than expected. Nice for family to stay.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

The room was clean, very spacious and the bed was so comfortable. The location is very good, about 5 min. walk to high street shops. There are some very nice restaurants near as well.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

The location was excellent for the cost, in between two train stations it was easy to go anywhere. Walking distance from the center and very close to shops.

• Superior Triple Room

They split the two day bill with unequal prices. As a result the company they have allience paid less reimbursement to me. They do fraud be aware!!!

Clean

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

While the room itself was big and clean and had everything I want in a room, the design of the staircase of the hotel was such that you could hear whenever a guest was leaving or entering his/her room, no matter which floor they were on. So if you look for restful sleep this is not the place. Having said that I paid a relatively low rate, so that I would still award 7 points.

Well-located small three-star property with friendly reception staff and generously sized rooms.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Very bad hygiene: I have found organic residues on the seat of the WC. Bad smell in the room, like some antiseptical or medicine, very strong, annoying to sleep there.

The position. Walking ditance from downtown.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Location was excellent, only minutes walk from the main shopping area and also the Christmas markets. There was free parking available. The rooms were very comfortable and modern.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Heating system and shower were nother working. One staff member tried even to give us another room but the heating was also not working. He promised a discount. The morning staff gave us a discount and instead of apologizing for the inconvenience, he just limited himself to give excuses with a negative attitude.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Breakfast not included and quite expensive if choose to get one. Though looking at the price of the room (pretty cheap), can be expected that some other things are quite expensive.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Clean room and a very good size of bed, room and facilities in general. Awesome location. Definitely recommended.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Our friends had an issue with their room. We had a double room which was fine and our friends booked a triple room. When we arrived they got a double room, had to have 2 rooms that night and the next morning, a triple room became available and the manager on that day was very rude to them about it! The wifi was terrible in our room too. Very slow and had to take turns using it

The staff were lovely

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

On the night we arrived the reception guy didn't seem to know much about our booking, tried to give us room with 2 single beds when we had booked a double room. He had to ask how much we were supposed to pay for the 3 nights but then eventually found the booking in a folder. Just seemed a bit laxy

The beds were really comfortable and rooms big and quiet. Sraff were nice too

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Superior Triple Room

some confusion because we were expected to come but no room reserved. the night staff sorted it out within minutes.

friendly reception staff day and night, beautiful room, phantastic shower....

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Hotel is overrated - Bathroom quite old and weird corner for the toilette. long list of extras you could buy - I stayed in better and cheaper hotels where more service was included. But it was close to where I wanted to be

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The hotel has only around 20 parking spots which were all occupied. Parking on the streets is free during the weekend, but it was very hard to find a spot, ended up a long way from the hotel.

Clean and spacious room, good location.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

-Bar staff were extremely unfriendly and rude. -Very unprofessional staff overall. -Tiny lift that can't fit more than 2 people. -Weird shower mounting in the corner which means you can't position yourself correctly. -Had to pay extra €10 p.n. for baby travel cot (first time ever I had to). -Shower toiletries were empty. -Free parking is good, but the spaces and area is tiny. It's tricky to navigate.

-Location. -Free parking. -Good WiFi.

i do prefer an ironing board, not just a 'presser' for pants.

Plenty of food to choose from for breakfast, comfortable bed with nice smelling bed sheet, whitey towels, a piece of candy on top of your bed, more hangers to hang your clothes. Very organize room.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

During the day someone broke the luggage locker and stole 590 euros from my bag. We reported to the manager, the police came, but nothing happened. Horrible experience!

There are 2 different bathroom: one old and one new. My one is new and good.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

The mini fridge does not refrigerate well. There is no air conditioning, we went during the summer, and it was really hot, there is a fan in the badroom, but it wasn't enough... The checkin took too long, they forgot that we had reserved a room with 1 extra mattress for our toddler.

The location is really good, staff is friendly. Free parking

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

The hotel is quite poorly lit in the corridors. The weather was quite hot and I was shocked to find no air-conditioning in a 3star rated hotel. luckily they provided fans and I survived!

The breakfast was decent for 10 euros. The location was 5 mins walk from subway station and about 10-15 mins walk from the city centre. The room in general and bathroom in particular was quite spacious for European standards.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The street is noisy. Problem if you sleep with open window (otherwise not, sound insulation is good).

Good rooms and friendly staff. Good value. Reasonably central location, close to subway.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

No tea and coffee facilities in the room. Wasn't told about needing a password for the wifi upon check in so we had to go back down to reception to ask for a password.

Spacious comfortable room. Walking distance to the centre and close to public transport.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Considering the type of room and the fact that the hotel doesnt provide breakfast the rates seemed a bit on the higher side, but again considering the location it might be worth it.

The hotel is located right at the mouth of the city center. Just within a minute you can enter the city center go about all there is to Frankfurt as a tourist. The room were clean and spacious. We walked to all across the city all the way to the river to catch a cruise and back. The staff were super friendly and accommodating. They were reluctant to help with everything, even small question like "where can we get water for cheap?".

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Superior Triple Room

Room very outdated,without AC, it was so hot in the room that we couldnt sleep, very noisy room facing the street that we couldnt open the window. Unfriendly reception staff!

Close to city center, breakfast OK

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Staff went out of their way to help us. The facilities were updated and clean and very comfortable. The location was very convenient but also in a quiet area.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Superior Triple Room

No air conditioning - extremely hot! Too load outside to open a window and still sleep.

Breakfast was simple but to a good standard at a reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

We liked the large and clean room. Although our room faced a busy street, it was soundproofed very well. Breakfast was quite good regarding both quality and variety. The location of the hotel (max 10 min by foot from the center / Hauptwache U station) was perfect.

Browse Turm Hotel traveller photo gallery