Reviews of Victor's Residenz-Hotel Berlin Tegel This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Holländerstr. 31, Reinickendorf, 13407 Berlin, Germany

#468 of 597 hotels in Berlin

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Good price, close to airport, loud neighbors
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Since there is no AC you have to open the windows to stay cool. Which is no issue any other time except that there is a bar/club/music venue next door and it was very loud until the early morning hours. They also don't have enough spaces in their parking deck for all guests so it is first come first serve. We had to find street parking about a block and a half away.

The staff was great and the price was good for the room/location. We didn't eat breakfast but it looked really good.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Near Tegel airport and comfy bed
    • Comfort Double Room

Bathroom was a bit dated, especially shower. Also it would be good to provide some extra pillows,since they only have small ones on the bed. (I believe they can provide more, if you aks for them) They provide you a gratis bottle of water, but our has been opened before our stay and never replaced.

Receptionist was extremely nice, since we came in after our flight was canceled. And it was really busy, but he treated us all very kindly. Due to our early departure in the morning, they prepared lunch bags for us. Bed was very big and comfortable.

Would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to stay near Berlin Tegel airport.
    • Standard Single Room

The small kitchen wasn't equipped at all (no cuttlery, no pans...) so was pretty much useless

Room was way bigger than expected. Very comfortable bed, spacious and well equipped bathroom.

Eventhough the location of the hotel is rather remote, ...

There is no airconditioning. You need to have the windows open and there is noise from the airplanes landing and the cars on the street.

Eventhough the location of the hotel is rather remote, there is a bus stand right across that will take you to the U8 station.

A place to stay in Berlin!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is fantastic! Absolutely exceeded my expectations and I'd totally recommended it, or will book again when I visit Berlin again. The bus to the airport is extremely close, and the underground just a 10' walk. Value for money!

Was glad to check out.
    • Standard Single Room

Stay away. Bad hotel. Bad location. Nothing near here.

Nothjng.Staff had bad or no English. No English chanel on TV. View of big bins always overflowing or full. Kitchenette with NOTHING in it. No coffee no cups no spoon no milk. Staff said go to shop and buy. Lidl was 15 mins walk. Asked for pillow at 9 am. Said they would put in room. At 6pm no pillow. Rang front desk. Guy said come down and collect it. Hated this hotel.

Excellent value for money
    • Deluxe Room

Staff could be a bit more interested and friendly, bathroom utilities should be changed daily

Great breakfast, 10 min walking to nearest u-bahn, family room was spacious, window could be openend as hotel is quite warm inside, free parking in the street adjacent to hotel

The breakfast is really good with a long time to have it.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The pillows could be bigger. Rooms not very well isolated, I could hear people from the hallways. Bad free wifi.

The breakfast is really good with a long time to have it. The staff is really nice. Cleaning was nice too.

Not tourist friendly.
    • Comfort Double Room

We booked at this location partly due to the parking availability. When we arrived, the desk clerk was very rude informing us that they don't have parking available yet we could clearly see that they had a gated garage and wouldn't allow us to park there. I eventually found a street parking space about two blocks away which was not convenient carrying luggage and the did not provide any porter. Also, for an airport hotel, you would think they would provide info about the hotel and area in different languages. But they did not.

It was close to the airport. The bed was comfortable.

The room was clean, nice and big enough.
    • Comfort Double Room

The room was clean, nice and big enough. The stuff were really kind and the breakfast was okay too. For this prise is this an absolut recomended hotel!

great hotel not far from airport decent rooms good breakfast...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

great hotel not far from airport decent rooms good breakfast and staff very helpful went for long weekend friendly staff ,not to far out of berlin bus stop outside hotel trains 10 minute walk some good local bars

There is no airport shuttle, but this hotel is good value for money in a nice but inconvenient area.
    • Standard Single Room

There is absolutely NO AIRPORT SHUTTLE BUS to the Tegel Airport. This was misleading on the site, and an airport shuttle is the only reason I booked this place. However, the public bus 128 does go directly there and back to Tegel in about 25 minutes each way, so it is convenient. However, you must buy a bus ticket, figure all this out, drag your luggage around, and this is what I wanted to avoid.

Victor's was friendly and welcoming and I appreciated the big breakfast buffet and free bottle of water in the room. Also complimentary coffee and fresh apples at the reception.

Request a new room only
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was dull; not as shown in the photos. Initially gave us a twin room which looked really old and then ultimately moved to a better newer room.

Breakfast was nice. Location beside bus stop and walking distance to metro station.

In general the hotel was good
    • Comfort Double Room

Pillows Legacy door key Check out time is 11am and they extend it up to 12pm for free and they charge the extra hour after 12pm. They are not flexible.

Room size was good Bathroom is good also

Very nice and cheap hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast got quite boring after 7 days.

Our room had a mini kitchenette, which was perfect for us. Breakfast was delicious, allthough it got quite boring, because we stayed the whole week. Maybe a little more variety would be very nice. The rooms were cleaned everyday, which was a pleasant surprise. The location is of course far away from the city center, but for us it was perfect, because we had courses everyday near Tegel Airport. Parking spot on the street is also quite easy to find. All in all, a very nice hotel. Perfect value for money!

the best hotel ever!

Everything is perfect

I arrived at 11 AM and the check-in is until 3 PM, so I was worry about what to do and where to go specifically it was 1st January and everything was closed but they let me enter to my room! it's better than five stars hotels, this hotel should be four or five stars and the value of money it's very very good. the breakfast was super good. the room is big. the shower is very good, clean and warm the bed is comfortable. very good window view. the best hotel ever.

Great spacious room!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a little out of the main part of the city but easy access to a train station to get you wherever you need to go :)

Very big clean room and the breakfast provided was delicious with a wide variety. Staff were friendly and check in/check out process was quick and easy! They also let us store our luggage there before we checked in

OK with Flaws 🙌🏻
    • Standard Single Room

Breakfast - After 9 not so fresh anymore, Sausages got cold, Eggs got cold, Cucumbers and Tomatoes not so appealing anymore. I do believe the Rush Time is right at 6:30. & to be honest THE THERMOS COFFEE WAS THE WORST, good thing is they have a Coffeemaker at their little “Bar” where the staff was really nice to get me my coffee from there. Thank you for that! The cleanliness was something else, the Staff only works till 14:00! Well I had a little Incident with a so called Upgrade, I wanted a high floor room, asked over the Phone for that, couple Days before my arrival, because I like to take the Stairs. Got told it would not be a Problem. Then I got there and they wanted to put me on the 1st Floor, but for 10€ Per Night they could give me a Room on the 5th Floor, so i payed and took it. Then it turned out, the Stairs are only like Fire-escape Stairs so you only can get down/out, but not up/in!! The Room in the Evening light, I already got the Feeling, it haven’t been used in a while. The Entry light was not working, the curtain was coming down, when I tried to close them, Waterstains on the Mirrors & TV(?) the little Beauty Mirrow totally sticky. The Light got fixed, the Curtain too. The Shower-head really needs to be replaced. In Daylight it was all over pretty dusty. I could go on a little more, I just think the guy at the Desk didn’t know so I got my Money back.

Friendly Staff. The breakfast when you down there early, is awesome, because everything is really fresh. Awesome Bread, awesome variety. Location perfekt for Public Transportation. A little Tip get the BVG App to get around pretty easy.

not worth it
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Evening shifts girl with polish surname!!! We booked double room with small kitchenette as stayed in description (this was the main reason we booked this hotel to be able to make some warm tea in the evening as this is autumn and the days are quite cold), but instead we got a SINGLE room with no sign of what we hoped for! When we came down to reception hoping this was just a mistake we were told that hotel is full (we booked few months in advanced!) and not even SORRY from her. Next morning we talked with other receptionist and got a double room as we payed for. Although the shower cabin wasn't cleaned properly or maybe not cleaned at all, as I found an empty shampoo sampler package left in it and hairs on the wall...

Nice breakfast with some warm food. Comfy beds. Quite far away from metro, but if you are taking a bus - it stops just few meters away from the hotel.

The hotel isn't worth a 3 star + S.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

(Very)Durty carpets on the first floor hall. The evening staff isn't too helpful. The hotel needs to be renewd (oldisch).

Comfortable room - good mattress, good working shower, .... The breakfast was good with a big choice of products.

Rooms were very clean.
    • Deluxe Room

Staff was a little rude and not very welcoming. Would have been better if the hotel had an airport shuttle rather than having to use public transportation with several stops.

Rooms were very clean. Rooms were ready on arrival.

Ok but overpriced. Not a single TV program in any other language but German.
    • Comfort Double Room

Like I said, it's ok but not worth the money.

It's all there but there are plenty of hotels who do not serve apples and apples and more apples for breakfast. Or whose orange juice is really juice and not some sweet orange coloured water. If you don't speak or understand German don't bother to turn on the TV, there is nothing else. The hotel itself is fine, the beds better than the bathroom but ok ...... Thing is, this is absolutely not worth € 100 a night.

The room was recently renovated, everything was in perfect...
    • Comfort Double Room

While the breakfast was generally good, some of the food could have been made with a bit more care, the scrambled eggs were a big block of egg and the bacon was sticking. If they would put a bit more work into this, our stay would've been perfect.

The room was recently renovated, everything was in perfect order and clean. The room also was spacious for the price. We slept well without any interruptions. The parking garage is integrated into the hotel, which is very convenient. In our room we did not have any issues with airplane noises.

Bellow expectations. Too expensive for such a dirty place!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The overall impression was a really bad one. We chose this hotel due to its closeness to Tegel, but it would have been better to travel more with the taxi than stay here. The entrance was dirty, the guy from the reception ignored us when we entered, no customer service at all. The carpet was dirty all over the hotel, which really gives the impression that cleaning is not their top priority. The photos of the room are far, very far from the reality. Everything is old and about to fall. There also a kitchenette in the room, but it looks very dirty. We found a used and dirty fork in the fridge. And some expired chocolate. And the price for the stay is huge, considering that their are some excellent hotels in Berlin at a better rate.

Nothing to like, sadly!

Fantastic stay, definitely stay again. Great value.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing, everything was excellent.

Viktors was excellent. Did not realise viktors was a chain and will definitely look out for them in the future. The room was beautiful, just refurbished I think, clean and new. The breakfast included in the price was excellent, better than we have sometimes paid $$$ for. Staff were excellent! Could not fault anything here, well done Victors, keep up the good work.

Good location, lovely staff, nice stay.
    • Comfort Double Room

In summer time Air Conditioned is a MUST. It is not provided now. This is why I didn't give "Excellent" for the room comfort.

Excellent cleaning. Very nice staff. Very good breakfast. Very good Wi-Fi.

Very comfortable and convenient
    • Comfort Double Room

Noise of planes overhead but we chose to be near airport for obvious transport convenience. I liked the outdoor terrace and Karp pond.

Very clean comfy room and substantial breakfast.Very helpful staff.

Comfortable and convenient stay
    • Standard Single Room

Staff were helpful but I did not think they were overly friendly

Close to bus to the airport and a couple of decent restaurants Clean and comfortable facilities Excellent value for money

Victor's Residenz-Hotel Berlin Tegel will be my choice whenever I come back to Berlin
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

site, quietness, staff, cleanliness, breakfast, easy access to all sites.

I recommend this hotel for all types of travelers because it gives easy access to all site seeings in Berlin, also all the facilities are excellent and the staff are helpful and kind.

Nice hotel with good breakfast close to Berlin Tegel airport,
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

hallway a little unclean work that was done probably contributed to this

the staff was extremely helpful, the view on a quiet street, lovely; bed comfortable, and the breakfast very good; I arrived at midnight and the staff helped me to get in the right train and taxi as the airport where I arrived was 1 hour away; relaxed atmosphere, easy to walk to supermarkets and pharmacy; bus stop right in front of the building;

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Very bad
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very bad experience. Very dirty hotel (filthy carpets, huge spiderwebs on the walls). It seems that a long ago it was a 3-star hotel but now it's not even close. Breakfast was good but still, at this price you can stay in much nicer places in Berlin!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Excellent place to stay. I would like to come again to the same place.

Can't think of anything.

I liked the entire facility. Room was very good and spacious, the bed was very comfy. My stay was very peaceful and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent with large variety of food . Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Location - the hotel was close to Tegel airport (which is...
    • Comfort Double Room

Location - the hotel was close to Tegel airport (which is useful with an early flight). Bus to the airport took 10 minutes and bus stop was next to the hotel. Easy access to centre using Ubahn. Staff were helpful. Room was clean. Breakfast was great - lots of choice.

Don't stay here mid summer
    • Comfort Double Room

This property is looking quite old & worn. Lack of air con was disappointing as it was hot in the room and noisy outside so couldn't leave window open. Asked for a fan but none available. Pillow was so soft I did not sleep well. I could not recommend this hotel having paid 224 Euro, very poor value.

The breakfast room was appealing with a reasonable selection

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

breakfast, fast elevators, nice staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It is in the flight path of Tegel 6am -11pm, so plenty of planes overhead during the day. when we were there it was very warm outside, there is no air conditioning in the hotel but there are large windows that open but the sound from the frogs in the pond below was extremely noisy all night long...

breakfast, fast elevators, nice staff

great breakfast with a large choice - friendly staff,...

price

great breakfast with a large choice - friendly staff, altthough they seemed a little overworked washing room with washing machine and dryer available

Great value, near airport and easy to get into the city center.

Nothing comes to mind.

I almost don't want to give a great review just to keep this place a little secret. The staff are top notch and the breakfast is excellent, really nice breakfast space as well, especially in summer.

Excellent location for anyone travelling out of Tegel airport.
    • Standard Single Room

I arrived in the early evening and was quite hungry and the food service is very limited plus there weren't restaurants close by.

Bed was extra comfy and I loved my room - I think it is normally reserved for people with mobility issues. Great breakfast too.

Overall, a wonderful stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was not equipped with lotion and the kitchenette did not have coffee or tea available to make in the room even though an electric kettle is available for boiling water. The kitchenette is not equipped with a vent hood and cookware seemed to be missing....or we didn't know where to look for it. Nevertheless, renders the kitchenette kind of useless.😕

There is an in-room kitchenette with a microwave, two stovetop burners and a refrigerator; This is a huge plus! The variety of food offered for breakfast is amazing and the scrambled eggs were absolutely perfect! Staff worked very hard to make sure everyone is taken care of.

My short stay in Victor's Residentz-Hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Just the cold night of berlin.. thats all

The restaurant is good, but we couldn't have it cause our flight in early morning, but the staff is very kind, they prepare us a lunchbox to take away with us to the tegel airport.. it's very toughtful

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Those photographers should get a bonus!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hallways seemed dirty and were cold and poorly lit. The room itself was very outdated and looked nothing compared to the pictures posted online. Those photographers should get a bonus! I believe I reserved a king sized bed but received two singles. During the night the heater was not functioning so I needed to wear my jacket to sleep. I stayed here one night to be closer to the airport, but quickly realized I should have stayed in the city instead and paid €20 more for better comfort.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Berlin for a night
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

When I arrived, a new team member checked me in. All worked fine until I arrived at the parking gate. She only give me the code but did not mention that I have to press another # button. After you parked your car, it should be a better guidance at the garage. Public transport connection should be explained. The underground is 10 minutes away but you can save time if you take the public bus who stops in front of the hotel and brings you to the underground. All over all a nice property.

I arrived late afternoon to the property. I took room 311. A great room. Balcony, sufficient space (like a suite). Staff was very friendly. Even this is room was not refurbished it was fantastic.

Cheap solution for a short stay near Tegel airport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Poor quality of Wifi, room very cold (and the house keeping kept turning off the radiators every day so I returned to a freezing cold room in the evening), horribly dirty curtains, smoking room allocated so make sure you make it clear if you require a non-smoking one, awful quality of the ironing facilities (information for those who need to iron shirts for business meetings)

Relatively attractive price in the expensive city of Berlin, calm neighbourhood

The breakfast was delicious and with very good selection.
    • Comfort Double Room

Wifi speed was too slow.

The breakfast was delicious and with very good selection. Location, very close to bus 120. Bathroom was huge, didn't expect at all.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Always a pleasure staying at NH brand hotels
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Only one lift makes it really not efficient forcing people to wait for even some minutes, free WLAN really slow, would be nice to have a cheap laundry room.

The hotel is beautiful, the rooms full featured and the staff really friendly. On top of that the location is perfect.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

No double bed for couples despite being advertised as double
    • Comfort Double Room

The room was advertised as a double comfort room with either a mini fridge or kitchenette. We had two single beds put together which is uncomfortable as a couple. The TV wouldn't let us put on English subtitles and we had no mini fridge available to use.

The hotel had quite nice decor and was clean to a high standard

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Not a good quality for the money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I booked this hotel because it is close to the Tegel airport and because of the great reviews it has, although it's a bit expensive. I thought it would be quiet and with nice, spacious rooms. On the contrary, the hotel is not quiet, you can pretty much hear any plane that lands on the airport. The rooms and bathroom are pretty small and basic, felt like I'm back in socialism. There is a mini "cooking" wardrobe, suppied with all necessary kitchen staff, like stove, refridgerator, sink, etc.. , which does not feel right, at all to be there. Basically, not satisfied, since I booked "a nice, spacious, modern hotel" and got "old-fashioned, awkwardly furnished, noisy hotel".

Breakfast and the staff in the restaurant were great. Pretty close to Tegel Airport.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

The overall stay was a real pleasure : from the cute room to...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The heating in the bedroom wasn't really powerful, so it was kind of cold...

The overall stay was a real pleasure : from the cute room to the wonderful breakfast

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Airport stay for early flight home.

Close to airport

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Ideal location for the purpose of the visit.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

not applicable. All was fine.

I was visiting my daughter and the hotel is just across the street. Also very close to Tegel Airport.

Qutite Good Hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We spent only one night and it was OK

Saturday, €140 for one common room with breakfast included,...
    • Comfort Double Room

Saturday, €140 for one common room with breakfast included, find no advantages of this hotel or room...

It was hot inside room

It was hot inside room

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Not satisfied.
    • Deluxe Room

Parking for 15 EUR, Warm inside room, noisy if window are open, smell in coridour

I cant say. Room was big enought

Satisfied
    • Comfort Single Room

Very small lobby. Check-out at 11 was too early.

Clean room, comfortable bed, nice interior, friendly staff, good location.

The staff were super accommodating, and it was easy to get...

The staff were super accommodating, and it was easy to get to the metro and see the things we wanted to see.

Near to the airport, noisy.
    • Standard Single Room

Near to the airport, noisy.

The breakfast
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not having the fridge in the room

The breakfast

Easy access to city Centre

Easy access to city Centre

Would stay here again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Was not told of the parking and the very long line to check in ( minor issues )

The room was clean, breakfast outstanding

VERY DISSATISFIED

No Air Conditioning, needs badly updating therefore overpriced

Food was good plenty of variety

Was very hot in the room.

Overpriced hotel.

Breakfast.

Many street carparks next to the hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Many street carparks next to the hotel.

The old furniture in the room 101.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The old furniture in the room 101.

It was a quick overnight visit, not worth more then that.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed and pillows were not comfortable

The breakfast was good, The parking was easy.

Cousy room.

Cousy room.

It was OK

It was OK

Nice reception.
    • Standard Single Room

Nice property, good service, nice breakfast.

I like the cleaness of the room, and the hotel is near to...
    • Comfort Double Room

I like the cleaness of the room, and the hotel is near to the bus station

Nice hotel, would go again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I was missing a bigger pillow or another one.

The room was clean and big, the staff is friendly. Recommend to everyone!

Best breakfast, nice and polite staff

Best breakfast, nice and polite staff

The advert gave the impression of a restaurant and room...
    • Comfort Double Room

The advert gave the impression of a restaurant and room service when in fact there was only breakfast on offer.

The room is very clean but a little bit cold in the midnight...

heater system

The room is very clean but a little bit cold in the midnight, I got cold the first day I slept there.

Even though the room was small, but i like the cleanliness.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The parking ticket is expensive

I like the breakfast and and welcome greetings from the reception who was very kind. The location is great.

Came to see the Christmas markets, too early therefore did sight seeing
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Only two pillows, kettle but no coffe/tea or mugs

Good choice of breakfast, good size room.