Reviews of Hotel Villa Casa

Lantzallee 12, Lohausen, 40474 Düsseldorf, Germany

#129 of 197 hotels in Düsseldorf

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

More hostel than hotel.

That the staff who dealt with me seamed quite perturbed that I didn't speak German. I only needed a place to sleep during my layover in between flights and they could of been nicer. My room was right next to the reception desk and so was my bathroom which made going to the bathroom with the door open awkward. (you could of had a conversation with the person outside the door the walls were that thin, I don't think this should be a guest room)and the bathroom itself was a tiny, dated mixer shower cubicle (with not great temperature control), toilet and sink all crammed into about 6 square feet of space. The stale damp smell was very unpleasant but the bathroom light also switched on some kind of fan I believe, however it was noisy but, I used it as a kind of white noise with the bathroom door closed to try and get some sleep and when I woke, the bathroom was still slightly damp from my shower and still smelt horrible. There was no shampoo or conditioner which I desperately needed but, instead pump dispensers with what I'm assuming was; hand wash (For the sink, orange in colour) and shower gel (For the shower, blue in colour.) I didnt like the smell of the towels, (it seamed like they were washed in "Ariel with Fabreeze" and I dont like that smell) that were not good quality bath towels (mismatched, different colours and well used) the bathroom itself was also mismatched and very dated. There were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room and despite there being some kind of kettle device, cups, and an assortment of tea bags in the reception area, it appears these were only for decoration as, it was in the kitchen that a kettle was boiled for a cup of instant coffee I had asked for (a little confusing.) I was also on enquiring at check in, refused a coffee before my transfer to the airport as, "It's too early" and I was told I could get one at the airport. I felt like I was a huge imposition just asking basic questions.

The free transer to the airport. The distance to the airport. The water pressure of the mixer shower hose was really good, I had a complimentary bottle of water, mending kit, shower cap, a shoe shine sponge and vanity kit in the room. (the mending kit was actually needed that evening) The bed was a comfortable size with good mattresses (the room had one double and one single bed) and the bedding was clean and fresh and smelled nice. The pillows and duvet were of good quality. Aldi is literally up the road & round the corner. There are good restaurants across the lights at the top of the road.

Barb & Bob from Oberlin, Ohio, USA, recommend this near-to-airport location for your next stay!!

No coffee available in the morning prior to our 7: 15 am departure. That would have been swell.

Mon.. 7/10/18- Arrived Düsseldorf AIrport, 10pm When hailing cab from airport, make sure you relay the street address as well as the name of hotel Casa Villa to your driver. Not all drivers know the location of city hotels/ GPS. Hotel Villa Casa is located 10-15 minutes away in a welcoming tree-lined, quiet residential neighborhood. Guests are greeted (in the evening,) to a "home" bathed in golden porch light. Hotel name prominently displayed on building. Couple knocks on the door. Anxiously waited just a couple minutes for door to open. Husband and I shared brief concern, as I had not called to say that we would be arriving late. I MAY have included that information on booking.com message, however. Door opened: Mgr/Owner Yuri, cheerfully greeted us at 11:00pm from late arrival from Düsseldorf airport. He asked that I speak quietly as we entered and checked-in, in regard to resting guests. Showed a hard copy of the written request I had included, per special orders for stay, of first floor or elevator, re: difficulty for husband to negotiate steps. Our room was approx. 5 steps from the front door.! Pre-ordered 7:15am taxi pick-up for next morning. Clean room, comfy bed, clean bathroom, step-in shower. How nice! In shower stall, all-purpose, body wash/shampoo. No WASHCLOTH! NO HOTEL WHERE WE STAYED in Germany, Poland, Czech, had WASHCLOTHS with towels. TJMAXX (TKMAXX-Poland) also had none stocked for purchase. Suggestion: Bring your personal, large bar of hand soap. Bring your own washcloth(s). Large, bedroom windows opened fully; rarity! No window screens, however, typical in European hotels where we stayed. Needed to keep them open. No air conditioning, typical. WIFI ! 31 euros/ $36.00 USD... 6 hour stay. Tues: 7/11/18 Turkish driver arrived several minutes early. We were already waiting moments before. Perfect timing! 10? minute ride to airport.

Excellent rooms and breakfast.

You need to be aware it is a family run hotel: we didn't realize this and we arrived almost at midnight and it didn't look like a hotel and we obviously kept the owner from going to bed.

Excellent rooms and breakfast.

Near the airport. One night is enough.

Grumpy staff, referring to the male staff! Who didn‘t even bother helping us with our luggages. No elevator. But it’s fine cause we‘re just on the 2nd floor. But since the stairs are so narrow, it is so hard to carry the luggages up and down the stairs. Thank God, I was able to accompany my aunts... or else, they would be helpless.

Near the airport. 7-8 minutes, 22€-24€, taxi ride. We stayed here only for a night, and we have to leave the next day for the connecting international flight. The female staff, the owner I think, is friendly and accomodating. My request for an early check-in and rooms near to each other, were granted, and I‘m thankful for that. I‘m with my 4 aunts (from the Philippines & Senioren) who doesn‘t speak German, and their first time to travel in Europe.

Just stayed overnight to catch an early flight;

Apparently the hotel is just in the airport's approach zone, causing a lot of noise in the evening. No problem at night.

Just stayed overnight to catch an early flight; no breakfast. Beds were good.

My all time worst experience!! Don't let the location fool you...

This was without doubt the worst experience I've had with a hotel (I've been better treated in an AirBnb!). First this is an old house transformed into a hotel. Second the male host barely speaks English while the female host doesn't speak at all! And even knowing I don't speak German kept speaking German with me. The bedroom was really dirty... Then I had a problem with my flight which changed the shuttle hour and they've refused to help me and even started yelling at me!!.. Really the worst experience ever and 100% sure I will not come back.

Nothing really...perhaps the location close to the airport.

I was pleasantly surprised by this property and I would stay there again.

Internet and cell signals were now great.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was nice. The property is very clean and comfortable. Myself and a few guests were all going to the airport, and instead of calling us cabs they hadbus shuttled to airport in a van at no charge. This was a nice service. My only complaint is the internet signal is weak up stairs at least. Also cell service isn't great inside building.

Convenient, clean and tidy. Seemed more like a guest house than a hotel.

The hotel met our needs, however the bathroom was very small.

Easy safe on street parking right outside hotel. We only stayed 1 night on way to Munich. Didn't eat at the hotel, having an evening meal at a nice Bar Restaurant within 200 metres.

It's good enough for a one night stay to catch a flight.

When we arrived at the property (it is located in a residential area) at the time indicated there was a sign on the door telling one to call a number if no one is at the front desk / doors are locked. Unfortunately, our cell phones don't work there (in Germany) and we had to ask some person who lived across the street to call. Luckily, just when we called the owner/operator arrived at the property (she mentioned she had to drop her kid off at home which is understandable) . We checked in, paid in advance since we had to leave quite early the next morning and the owner/operator had to do some shuttle service at that time as well. Same as 2 years ago, the shower drain could need some work, it is super slow. Note for American tourists: the property has no elevator. If you stay on the 3rd floor like we did and have a lot of luggage it's quite a work out to get them up the stairs (side note: luggage can be stored in the hotel but it wasn't practical for us due to leaving early the next morning).

It is very close to the airport, very conveniently located to catch an early morning flight. The rooms are very simple and clean. I used this property for the same reasons 2 years ago.

It is close to airport

Neighbors were noises and based walls are not good something permit to listen everything. Room was cold and take time to take temperature because heater was close.

It is close to airport

for one night it was ok

I asked for a room with two separate beds, but the second bed was rather small. wifi did not work very well

quiet place, convenient location to visit the boat show.

Near to Messe Düsseldorf

Some people write about airplane noise, but we only heard two or three in the two nights we stayed and the noise wasn't very strong, anyway in the room you can find ear plugs.

Near to Messe Düsseldorf, free parking in the street, nice breakfast, clean rooms, possibility to arrive late.

A pleasant stay with security of the hotel

The wifi was an issue as unable to connect.

The staff were great on my arrival, very helpful. Nice and warm room and great layout. Breakfast was nice with clean open living

Close to Dusseldorf airport, shops, restaurants.

Lack of parking, however it was quite easy to find a place on the street.

Close to Dusseldorf airport, shops, restaurants. Despite the distance to the airport, it was very quiet in my room.

I'd like a refund.

The description on your website is very misleading. The cost of a room implies a certain level of quality which was lacking. The shuttle is only to the airport (not from) and needs to be reserved 24 hours in advance which is only stated at the very bottom of the email confirmation, not online with the hotel's description. Bathroom light did not work and the TV is tiny and worked poorly (less than 12" screen, old, and the sound didn't work. Even though just a few miles from the airport the taxis were expensive - over 13 Euros each way.

The proximity to the airport. Staff tried to be helpful but knowledge of English was limited. Although I arrived and left while dark out the neighborhood seemed nice and there are several restaurants nearby. Wifi worked fine.

A very pleasant first night in Germany!

Everything was very good! No complaints at all.

The breakfast was very good; eggs, cold cuts, bread and jam, and tea, were the things I enjoyed most. There were other options as well.

Functional and clean, staff could have been more helpful

I needed a night in a hotel before my transatlantic flight, so I had a huge heavy suitcase - and, it turned out, a room on the 3rd floor in a building without lift. Assistance in getting my suitcase up the stairs would have been appreciated. Perhaps I should have thought to ask for an accessible room on my booking? I had initially booked my airport transfer as 'At airport no later than 9am' then realised that time was short, and 3 days before my stay I tried to change it to 8am. It was never confirmed and on my arrival it turned out that they had me down for a transfer leaving the hotel at 9. Between the language barrier, sparse information in my direction and an attitude that could have been more friendly and helpful, resolving this matter (with a 8:30 departure) was more stressful than I would have liked to deal with on an already stressful day.

The room was comfortable and clean, it was easy to reach by bus

Not worth the money

Very expensive and rooms too small. Not worth the money at all. It's a private villa converted into small blocks of hotel rooms

Bed is comfortable

Still an option close to the airport

Parking is now being charged for. Rooms are quite small, same goes for bed.

It is a short drive from the airport and on quiet street. Late arrival was possible. Breakfast was ok.

lovely little hotel

the room was clean and comfortable the bed was so comfy i didn't want to get up! . Staff were very friendly and helpful, They carried my bag upstairs and helped me with directions to get into the city. I would definitely stay here again

Clean, accessible to the airport, including free shuttle to airport. But very loud planes overhead.

Proximity to airport--although is very good-- it also means its quite loud. During the day, planes take off very low over hotel. Can be very noisy. This starts at 6:00 and seemed to quiet down late evening but continues to around 23:00. If the room windows are closed, then its not so bad and is tolerable especially if you are up early -- but still somewhat loud.

Very close to the Dusseldorf airport. Free shuttle to the airport. Staff was friendly. Breakfast adequate. A good choice if you need something close to the airport for one night. Nice restaurant within less than 5-10 min walk. Restaurant had lovely beer garden to sit outside. Beware, though, the airplanes taking off overhead can drown out a conversation for a minute or two (about every 10-15 min)!

Nice villa surroundings but noise from passning jets.

No elevator, narrow stairs. Ordered Chines Take-Out. Did not get any knife, spoon or for or Chop-sticks. Had to eat with a piece bent plastic f m my bag...

Had a bad back and staff helt with taking my bags to room. Loved the noise from landing and stating planes about 150 m abouve the hose... :)

Adequate place for overnight

Noisy except from 10pm-6am, to be expected under the flight path. On a hot night the windows have to be open. Dropped off at the wrong end of Dusseldorf airport.

Convenient to the airport, breakfast is fine. Excellent greek restaurant nearby.

Fine hotel for one night if you fly from Dusseldorf.

No elevator, tv too old, didn't work and again the airplanes flying over. It was very hot, a fan would have been nice.

Helpful staff, great breakfast, spectacular view of airplanes flying over.

Very nice and pleasant place.

Jet noise until 11:00 PM, starting over at 6:00 AM - it is in the landing pattern for the airport. This was the only negative comment, yet was bearable.

Comfortable room, accommodating staff, pleasant & picturesque location, quiet street (except air traffic), great breakfast accommodations. Quick taxi ride to the airport.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Breakfast was good and very friendly and helpful villa...

Noisy, you can hear planes flying and also other guests in the hallway.

Breakfast was good and very friendly and helpful villa owners. Ride to the airport was quick. A cost effective option if you need to sleep in Düsseldorf before the flight.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Pleasant short stay

Our room was directly next to reception and it was a bit noisy; you could hear everything that going on outside.

It's very nicely located to the metro that takes you into the city center. The man who received us was very nice and made an effort to help us out in English. Good service.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Pleasant and quaint stay :)

This hotel is close to the airport, so the air traffic was a little noisy, but it was not too bad with the windows closed. You can hear other guests very clearly in the other rooms through the walls, it made it hard to fall asleep at times.

The staff here were super nice and accommodating. The gentleman working there helped us get around the town and provided a map for us. We did not stay for breakfast, but it smelled amazing every morning that we walked downstairs, so I am sure it was delightful. The owners also spoke English for us, which was very helpful and very appreciative. Rooms were clean and tidy. The bed was super comfy. If you called a taxi, they always arrived within 5 mins.

Good location: 4 minutes drive to the airport.

De staff could be a little bit friendlier.

Good location: 4 minutes drive to the airport. They have free airportshuttle, even at 4 in the morning.

Nearby Airport (if you fly from DUS)

absolutely the price does not match the quality obsolete room equipment

Nearby Airport (if you fly from DUS)

The Lady on the reception was very professional and helpful!

The Lady on the reception was very professional and helpful!!!

Clean.

Lady that did the airport transfer was quite rude.

Clean. Close to the airport. Airport transfer.

Close to the airport

Close to the airport

Nice location near the airport.

Not so big room. Really small TV.

Nice location near the airport. Bathroom was nice in general. Staff is nice.

The owner behavior was very bad and he didn't follow the...

The owner behavior was very bad and he didn't follow the rules what he mentioned in the hotel facility.

Location very convenient for airport

No complaints

Location very convenient for airport

Room was very clean, value for money.

It was very cold, no heating turned on to meet us

Room was very clean, value for money.

Perfect if you stay one night , close to the airport

Everything was good

Host helped me with all questions I had about the city. Transfer to the airport was free at 4 am.

N

Easy access to the train station and airport.

No lift

No lift

Wifi Speed

Staff

Wifi Speed

Would stay again.

Was a bit hard to find as on a residential road and not really signposted.

Room was clean and bright. Staff very friendly.

Tired

Difficult to find the hotel location

Breakfast well prepare and served

Not Hotel it's a B&B

This is not a Hotel it's a B&B .....and is way over priced . €210 for a single room no breakfast included.....

At the reasonable price this is good hotel for one night stay Rather it's home away from home

No lift Old Small Tv

Location Cleanliness comfort Good customized breakfast Airport Drop

5 minutes to the rental car return at DUS. Perfect to catch an early flight.

Parking in the street.

No problem with my late arrival at 22:30. Friendly.

Sleeping under airplanes

Extremely noisy. Feels like sleeping just under an Airbus 380. Awkward check-in. No welcome greetings, information about extra costs first.

Great location for Messe Düsseldorf with great transport links

The rooms were a little basic

The hotel was very close to the Airport with great links to the exhibition centre , was clean and good value for money

Good place 20 min walk (park area) to the exhibition.

I was missing omelette for the breakfast, there were only boiled eggs. and no nice cakes, just standard cookies.

Generally good and clean place.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Definitly coming back ....

Nothing...

Super simple and quite...feels like Home to me.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

It is better to chose different propety

matttress bad and old did not change the towels

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Good place for a stay before a morning flight with free shuttle to airport

We stayed here before a flight. It was goodness or a nights stay. The free shuttle in the morning was perfect.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Clean & comfortable

Service

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Wonderful experience

The breakfast was delicious and fresh. The owners were amazing and very welcoming. Absolutely recommend staying here!!

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Great location and accommodation before or after flying

Alles bestens

Super comfortable bed. Clean. Great location and free shuttle to airport

Nothinng

Nothinng

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Satisfactory

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Location is fairly good

Wifi was poor. We requested for shuttle service from the airport but didn't get it

Location is fairly good

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

The room we were given was on the back of the property and...

We were given a different room three days later when we returned. It was nice, but the hair dryer needs to be replaced and the shower head cannot be reached by a really short person like me. Other than that, it was just as nice as the first room.

The room we were given was on the back of the property and had many windows that opened to let in sunshine and a nice breeze. The bed was comfy. The shower was very good. This property is close to subway line, which took us into Dusseldorf city centre.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

the view is excellent there are several different types of...

matress a bit hard many many steps not recommended for people who cannot walk at least 100 steps made of stone Difficult in rain as it takes about 3 minutes to traverse the wet stone steps in dark at night Also wifi is only access outside near the pool level so you cannot use in or near your room unless your are on the pool level half the apartments are not on that level so if you need wi fi think about standing outside in bad weather.

the view is excellent there are several different types of apartments some with better views than others Very accomodating staff kitchen facility is good

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

The owner gave me a ride back to the airport which was nice.

I had a room on the top attic floor and the bed was under the low part of the roof. So at 1:30 in the morning I was awaken by skurrying of critters in the wall above me. No evidence of pests inside though. I wish I could have told the owners so they could know, but they spoke almost no English.

The owner gave me a ride back to the airport which was nice. Over all a clean, and fairly comfortable place, with an option for a decent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2016

Omelette was wonderful.

Omelette was wonderful. Early check in delightful to get over jet lag. Drive to the airport the next day so convenient. Restaurants 3 within walking distance-what is not to love?

• Reviewed: 13 February 2016

Everything specially a very aggressive way from the staf and no internet at all . When i asked about the internet the answer was very careless " i dont know "

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

It was in a quiet street not too far from the airport.

The window in the room was open when I arrived late at night in winter, so it was quite cold in the room. Luckily the central heating worked well, and with the single room being small (room opposite the reception desk), it warmed up relatively fast.

It was in a quiet street not too far from the airport. There is free parking in the street.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2015

Cleanness, transfer for free to the airport, quiet...

Cleanness, transfer for free to the airport, quiet neighborhood with supermarket, pet shop, droguerie market and access to subway within a walking distance

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

The hosts are great, hospitable and ready to help.

The hosts are great, hospitable and ready to help. The location is perfect, just near the airport, but the old town can be easily accessed by public transport. Free shuttle to the airport is hard to be overestimated :) Спасибо за приём!

• Reviewed: 9 July 2015

Hotel is located very close to the airport so it is perfect...

No minibar/fridge that suppose to be in the room, no A/C in the hotel so very hot during summer nights. Since located close to the airport, You can hear every plane but it stops late evening so not so bad.

Hotel is located very close to the airport so it is perfect for those who look for a one night stop. Clean room and bathroom. Good wifi.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

Staff polite, rooms cosy and clean, wifi ok.

.... next to airport, so a bit noisy...

Staff polite, rooms cosy and clean, wifi ok. Breakfast was ok, owner (russian speaking) asked to us omelette or fried eggs, she was very kind. Parking in the street, good value for price - not far from Altstadt and next to the airport

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

I had a quiet room upstairs, after I arrived they took my...

I had a quiet room upstairs, after I arrived they took my luggage to my room which was very kind. The house & room was very clean and quiet, you could hear the birds singing which was very relaxing. The wifi signal was a bit week as I had my room on the last floor but it worked. The shower could have a bit better pressure but that would be the only thing to improve. The rest was really good and I travel a lot and have already my accomodation standards quite high. The free shuttle to the Airport works great - 5min and you are there.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2015

We had a very pleasant stay in this small family run hotel:...

We had a very pleasant stay in this small family run hotel: a very cosy and spacious room on the 3rd floor, the staff were friendly, delicious dinner in the Greek restaurant nearby, quiet area 5 min drive from Dusseldorf airport. Highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2015

Be aware that you can only be picked up at the airport with...

Be aware that you can only be picked up at the airport with their shuttle after 2p. I wasn't aware of that and had to take a taxi. The shuttle to and from the airport was one of the reasons I picked the place. Shuttle service to return to the airport is anytime.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2015

Staff good, breakfast excellant

The biggest problem was that either Booking.com should have advised me regarding arrangements from Airport. OR maybe Villa Casa . I had to get a taxi which cost me over 17 euros. ????

Staff good, breakfast excellant

• Reviewed: 11 March 2015

Good value for money, great location, very friendly staff.

No food available in the evening, however a menu is still in the bedroom offering the service.

Good value for money, great location, very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2015

I was exhausted and upon arrival said I just wanted to sleep...

The staff need to improve their English language skills to be able to claim they "speak your language", I.e. German and English.

I was exhausted and upon arrival said I just wanted to sleep and was immediately given a room in a quiet area. The staff were friendly and helpful

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.