Reviews of Fair Hotel Villa Diana This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Westendstr. 83, Westend, 60325 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#204 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

5.9

Good location close to conference Center

Old rooms, no lift. No curtains to prevent the light entering into the room, Double bed with a mattress for a single bed, which did not fit This is no place for rest

Good location close to conference Center

Horrible... Dirty... Mean staff... The WORST

It was fealthy dirty. Old hairs and dirt in the bathroom. The reception personnel was MEAN. The third night the cleaning lady did the room and folded and left on the beds the dirty towels. So I thought they were clean. So when I stepped out of the shower and unfolded it... There were the makeup stains from my room mate. So they not only reused the old ones but exchanged them. I would NEVER EVER COME BACK.

Great located place, clean and ready. At a good price worths. Probably I will go again.

Wifi fast enough at times but not really stable. Pretty common to loose the signal and have to re-connect again. Room a bit small.

Everything clean and ready. Great location, very convinient for me. Around 45€/day the price-quality is good. Not the best ever but quite good.

Find somewhere else...

Their attitude and frosty welcome... The place was dirty and the room service staff were not consistent... Their towels were threadbare and very scratchy... Breakfast was terrible value and the coojk attitude was just nasty. Bought breakfast outside... The place is falling apart. The heater did not work.. The fridge is there but does not work... NO laundry facility and no easy access to get laundry done... Not one channel on the TV in English.. Internet is free but useless even for email... Often frozen and you need to restart the router on the stairs yourself. Forget downloading anything unless you use your own data service

This time liked nothing... It is close to exhibition centre

Bearable but not recommended unless you don't find anyting else.

Really smelly. Needs new paint, new curtains etc. Hotel could upgrade a lot by just fixing some small things. Probably allowed smoking back in the day and hasn't painted or cleaned thoroughly.

Good location regarding Frankfurt Messe and not that far away from center.

Be careful with the 5th floor !!!!

In room 502 no cold water + smell of gas (heater?) in the bathroom and impossible to stand in the shower. I found an half eated biscuit behind the bed ! And the personnal is not welcoming at all (no hello, no smile, not even asked how was my stay during checkout)

Good bed. Nice and quiet place near the city town.

Close to the Messe, friendly and helpful staff, nice...

The door with glass to my room, the part of my room was visible from the hallway and it sounded when open and closing

Close to the Messe, friendly and helpful staff, nice breakfast, even though is the same each morning

Old bed, absolutely uncomfortable.

Old bed, absolutely uncomfortable. Heater was on zero when I arrived and it was freezing cold. The small fridge in the room was turned off and when I opened the door it was stinking so I couldn’t use it.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

So so

Listing says free parking, it is off street parking. I searched specifically for it but it is wrongly listed. Receptionist was very rude, Internet didnt work..

Rooms were decent

I was positive surprised about the size, quality (though not...
    • Superior Single Room

I was positive surprised about the size, quality (though not young anymore) and cleanness of the room, after the first impression from the entrance area, "lobby" and reception was a little shocking.

last resort only due to book exhibition...unlikely again.

Uff..where do I start... So at my arrival, the receptionist was unfriendly and did not explain what i actually booked or what my room would include. The reception also double booked a room for my boss who stayed with me at the hotel and had a separate room although he has checked in the night before. The guys at the reception did not apologize and made this the problem of my boss. My room was located on the 5th (!!!) floor, there are no lifts in the building. The 5th floor is an attic extension to which very narrow and steep stairs lead. Stairs have loose tiles and light sensor is not sensitive enough to spot someone in the dark. Although they provide free wifi, no connection to the internet can be achieved (no stable connection). I couldn't stand straight in the shower (5.4ft)

The room was spacious and clean. Bed was comfy. Location is good as it's close to the office where I had to go.

The location was perfect for my purpose which was a doctors...

The entrance and the stairs to reached the reception where filthy. After approaching the Front Desk staff member since he didn't acknowledge me, I could notice his dirty dishes behind him. After crossing about two words with me, he handle me my key and I had to figure out which way was my room. Lucky me was right next to reception, which made it really close to the entrance allowing me to be awake every time someone will enter or exit the property with the door slam. The room itself appeared cleaned but ran down.

The location was perfect for my purpose which was a doctors appointment. Only a street away.

Really kind reception.

They gave other room than we booked. We booked the room with sofa and they gave us last 5th-floor room and with no sofa and etc. It was not a kind thing! Arrived with the baby, they didn't know about that (they told me that they received info about 2 adults, but I don't believe that) and gave me last 5th-floor, and it was really bad because they don't have an elevator. We were in trouble to bring our suitcases there. Imagine doing that at 00.00 after a long flight and with many huge suitcases. But hopefully, they changed the room when I asked to do that. And I was angry that the reception is working until 9 p.m. (we arrived at 00.00) and the keys are outside and you take them by code (we knew about that after calling them at midnight). What was worst - they didn't send me any information about the schedule, about code and how to get my keys.

Really kind reception. Hotel rooms are very clean, it was nice. Location is close to city attractions and huge shop center.

Recommended!!!

I liked all!

I loved cleanses!!! Towels and bed sheets were tidy. I had feeling I was using my own bed and towels as they were extreme clean and new. I can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel for lovers of cleanses and comfort!!! Personal and service is also appreciated. Location is quite nice, walking distance to skyline shopping center Messe, central station and bit longer distance to Zeil.

Stay somewhere else in Frankfurt

The room we got was directly under the roof with mostly slanted walls. It was not possible to stand upright in the shower - or in most other places in the bathroom. The room had no A/C and apparently little insulation - and therefore was pretty hot (July). Windows could not be shaded. The room was accessible only through a very narrow and steep staircase - it was a pain to get our suitcases up and down there. No elevator.

The only thing we likes was the location of the hotel - close to public transportation and the city center

Awfull staff

Especially on nu late arrival on sunday the staf was terrible. I had to do the checkin almost all by myself, he was of no help whatsoever and kept watching his netflix serie: rude! Als it was hot as there was no airco or fan.

Bathroom was small but clean.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Do not stay here - worst hotel in whole germany

Please do yourself a favor and do not stay at this "hotel". First of all , this is a house turned into a hotel, without the proper modifications. Moreover : - There was a problem with the TV as it did not work. The staff even didn't mention it as we checked -in , we had to complain about it to get to know . - It was a scorching day in Frankfurt, reaching 35 degrees, without an ac in the room, or even a fan. It was unbereable. - The wifi kept on breaking the whole time, and only lasts 24 hours at a time. If you want internet , just forget about it. - The room was on the third floor , without an elevator. If you have heavy luggage please be aware , as the staff won't even consider to help you . - The blow drier did not work, and had a terrible smell coming out of it. - After all this, the staff was EXTREMELY RUDE, as nobody did anything about our complaints . They couldn't care less about their guests! Not even an apology for anything. There are hundreds of hotels nearby . Please save yourself from a very bad experience.

Good & Simple for a bed & bathroom

I don't know why people say that staff is good since they even didn't bother to look at my face while i was trying to check in. Bed was too old and not comfortable. The cleaning lady crazy noisy in the morning (she comes inside after knocking on the door 100 times for 2 secs and opening the door in the 3rd second!!! imagine 4 other doors next to yours) You need to arrive before 21 otherwise there is no one behind the information desk (someone was begging me to let him in at 2:00 am and he could not reach anyone).

I booked the hotel for 2 days for a festival and I am very glad to book it in the Frankfurt - Westend (a looot better than the hotels next to the main station! ) It was a simply nice hotel. If you do not expect much quality and just need a bed and a bathroom for a couple of days, its perfect. It was clean enough. facility was basic and enough (soap, towels, shower gel, toilet paper). You can park free in front of the hotel from Mo to Fr after 22:00. and also some other parking places available but were mostly full during my stay.

Staff was excellent we arrived at 2 am and we called the...

Staff was excellent we arrived at 2 am and we called the property and they came and let us in. Good size rooms, we recived 2 single rooms as we have booked a twin one but it was unavailable then. Anyway it was a good place to spend the night.

I am surprised this hotel can call itself a hotell.
    • Superior Single Room

Got to stay in a room where the furniture looked as they were donated. The bathroom could have been modern, but all tiles on the floor were loose and started to crack. No A/C, nor isolation, hence it was very hot this evening in may. No elevator. It was like living in someones guestroom, a very expensive one.

The sheets looked clean.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Not recommended to stay for business trips.

Staff was rude, no service to keep luggage before check-in. Bed was tiny. Way too expensive for what it was.

The location was good, close to the Messe

Overpriced

The double room has two beds together, not a big one. It is impossible to sleep a couple. In order to not fall thought the middle of the bed, you will need to keep yourself in a 90 cm bed all night. We asked the receptionist in case they had another room with a double bed, and even if my boyfriend is German, the receptionist didn't want to answer in clear way, just said no and even didn't look at us. They provide you with a code for the WIFI that works only for one person and you need to log in all the time, doesn't keep you connected.

The location is good

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Do not stay here if you are a business traveller who needs internet connectivity and comfort.

1. Reception was only staffed in the evenings (that I could see) until 21:00 local time. 2. On arrival, the receptionist asked me if I wanted my company details on the invoice, I said yes and then he said he would give it to me next day. Next day nothing and staff change. Next day nothing. Penultimate night, told me he had mislaid it and had to create a new print (difficult). No company details on the invoice. Could not correct this. Not impressed. 3. Asked for a non-smoking room. Got one, but an interconnecting door to another non-smoking room allowed smoke to enter my room. Disaster! No receptionist on duty at the time. 4. Free internet. If you are a druid, you can eventually connect. Availability for the week as follows. 1st night nothing. 2nd night 7 mins before it timed out. 3rd night nothing. 4th night OK after having 5 (count them) 5 x access passwords being provided. What a load of rubbish. Seriously. If you are a business traveller who needs connectivity, forget this hotel. Seriously. Not good.

Location was good. The was about it.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Basic discount hotel, parking NOT free.

This hotel does NOT provide free parking. There is street parking by the hotel, but it is a very busy street and you'd be lucky to find parking. So, this hotel should not be allowed to advertise it's free parking amenity.

The room was clean, but very small. The bed wasn't very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

- we stayed for the third time

- we stayed for the third time - very spacious room with nice in built kitchen - parking outside the hotel is free of charge but a bit tricky, either you find a place or not

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Good place and cozy room.

Bed is too narrow, even smaller than my student apartment... No air conditioning could be a trouble in winter, together with the not very long quilt.

Room is cozy. Place is good, very near to Messe.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

The hotel is located in a quiet community, it is nice to...

The bath was nice, but the door of the bath was terrible, the bath water flowed out and laid on the floor.

The hotel is located in a quiet community, it is nice to stay there. The room is big enough.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Nice location, no comfort.

There was no heating in the room (although it was pretty cold, autumn-y outside)... And well, I can also write here that there is no elevator - we received a room in the 5th floor, with tiny-little stairs leading up -, that the furniture was old and rickety, that the internet did not work... But SERIOUSLY, NO HEATING in a hotel room?

The location was perfect, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Bathroom and room was very clean, although old furniture in...

Network was not working in bed area. Room on 5th floor. Bathtub without any shower cover. Bad coffee.

Bathroom and room was very clean, although old furniture in the room makes you feel less comfortable. Nice breakfast with plenty of different options. Very nice staff. Location is great.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Stinks a lot,awful place,no elevator,couldnt connect to wifi,starting price before discount was 130euros per night!!payed for 3 nights but stayed for some hours only,i couldnt more...

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Position was really close to train station/University of...

Parking was stated as (available for free, reservation NOT NECESSARY) while the parking was on street side. As I pointed out, the staff was extremely unfriendly. They also chaged the description on the website to reservation NOT POSSIBLE. I still have the screenshots of the previous description. Room was a noisy.

Position was really close to train station/University of Frankfurt.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

The hotel is in a nice area of Frankfurt, far from traffic...

There is a musty smell in the place. Not in the room, but outside, on the corridor. The internet is very slow and often disconnects.

The hotel is in a nice area of Frankfurt, far from traffic within 10 minutes walk from the central railway station. The receptionists were nice and helpful. Overall I was fairly satisfied.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

The hotel is located in a calm district.

It was hot in the room on the 5th floor under the roof, a fan helped a lot. Please count with the fact that there is no elevator if you have heavy luggage. The bath has no curtain so taking a shower could be a quest

The hotel is located in a calm district. The hotel room was spacious enough. There was good sound isolation - we have heard our neighbors only in corridor - ja, ja, das ist fantastisch :) The price of breakfast was reasonable. Hotel staff spoke Russian

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

- price for the room and breakfast was completely OK - we...

- no lift in the hotel

- price for the room and breakfast was completely OK - we were very satisfied - mixed but rather positive feeling - parking of the car in the street (no fees) - close to the city center - window view - 3 skyscrapers

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Nice hotel if you want to visit the city and don't mind 15-20 minutes walking to the city centre

Rooms were very warm. No airconditioning present. Cheap synthetic pillow that made it even warmer.

Cheap no-nonsense hotel. Clean. Near highway and city centre if you don't mind walking. Public transport is available if you do.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Wrong choise

Old fashioned hotel. Its very hard to find hotel's place without navigation. Wifi is not working in rooms, its little bit working near reception desk. City center is aprx. 1.6km away. There is no shop or restaurant around hotel. Only one or two channel work on tv. No cattle in rooms, nor tea or coffee.. its better to stay away.

Really nothing

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Nice stay

No elevator and the room was on 3rd floor...

Relatively cheap for Frankfurt. Close to the city center... 15 minute walk and it's a nice neighbourhood... the room was very clean and nice...

DIRTY!!! HORRIBLE!!!!

It was very dirty, the beds were uncomfortable and the staff were unkind, mean and impolite.

Great environment;

Great environment; clean; newly renovated bathroom. Basic, but good value for money.

Good, cheap, close to the heart of the city

Squeaky doors

Good location Fair price Clean

Good for short stay

WiFi was so slow

- location is great for me caus it is in a quiet and beautiful neighborhood and only a 10 minute walk to Palmengarten. - clean room

Information on working hours (till 9pm) should be more...

Information on working hours (till 9pm) should be more exposed.

Quick walk to Messe

WiFi not good

Close to Messe, 7 min walk, great for trade fair

Stylish furniture

Stylish furniture

Hotel actually doesn’t offer parking palce

Hotel actually doesn’t offer parking palce

Free parking a bonus.

Lots of stairs. Didnt feel welcomed. Long trek to centre/river area.

Good on street free parking.

Very friendly staff and comfortable

Space

Very quiet

Simply terrible

Filthy and unhygienic. Also noisy.

Staff was nice

I like the location and the people ( staff ) are friendly and helpful

Paying for Breakfast each day

Very comfortable bed, pleasant staff

a big scam

It is an old dumpster

Pillows were dirty and covered with hair.

Pillows were dirty and covered with hair. WiFi did not work. No parking despite advertising this is available. Had to park two blocks away.

Be brave!

No lift, no real entrance, just a side door, no reception, nobody was there at night, really scary hotel at night.

Nothing really

location, close to fair

Very small room like a dorm and noisy. Very expensive!! Overpriced

location, close to fair

Clean and very friendly staff.

Old

Clean and very friendly staff.

Great Location, comfortable room

Reception Staff weren't friendly. Cleaner was excellent.

Great Location, comfortable room

3.5
    No parking, staff wasn't helpful.

No parking, staff wasn't helpful.

Everything were very old, the doors are noisy with very...

Everything were very old, the doors are noisy with very basic facilities

Good location, big rooms

Good location, big rooms

Cheap hotel but at a cost

Location, it was very confusing hotel to find. It was an absolutely bare bones hotel.

Price

Never again

Rather hostel

No air conditioning, no fridge, No patio or lounge anywhere.

No air conditioning, no fridge, No patio or lounge anywhere.

Quiet area

TV outdated, doesn't receive any channels.

Very quiet area. Being able to sleep with window open.

Good value, can be better with few better facilities

During hot summer, with no AC, becomes tough Should atleast provide fans. Can enhance breakfast

Walking distance from Messe

Staff was really unfriendly.

Staff was really unfriendly.

Good hotel with spacious new room

We could not check in early

Very spacious and new room. Walking distance from city center.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Do not stay there!

Dirty, rude staff, night lamp nearly fell on my head

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

For few nights

wifi connection

open 24 hours a day

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Central location.

There was a very strong dog smell in my room.

Central location.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

spiders under the bed!

spiders under the bed! They gave us rooms at the basement, i couldn t open the windows!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Small nice hotel

Very nice location , close to Frankfurt messe, in a quiet residential area. Helpful staff. Excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Parking is hard to find!

Difficult parking situation

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Very bad smell in bathroon, very slow check-in

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Good size room

Not a lot

Good size room

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Short stay but love it. Shall come back again.

4 stairs, but is good exersize

Nice big room

Close to Messe

The location - close to the fair ground & in walking distance to the center, the quiet neighborhood.