Reviews of Das Nest Boardinghouse Hamburg Niendorf

Emmy-Beckmann-Weg 28, Niendorf, 22455 Hamburg, Germany

#60 of 75 Holiday rentals in Hamburg

Stairs!

Very easy walk to supermarket and metro, in nice quiet leafy neighbourhood. Apartment is nice, well equipped and comfortable (although bed typically German hard!). The stairs to 3rd floor a bit of a challenge, though. And surely owners/management can set up card facilities so travellers don't have to rustle up large wads of cash!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Das Nest is very conveniently located. They have comfortable, large and airy studio apartments, and well equipped kitchens and facilities. The wifi is not so great. There is a grocery store down the road and the U-Bahn station is also very close. A bus stand located nearby gives you a lot of connection options to the city. Overall, a very good place. Strongly recommend.

• Two-Room Apartment

I didn't like the pricing which I see as a joint responsibility between the Accommodation owners and Booking.com. Putting it bluntly, the price you are quoted is not the price you will pay. Also, to add insult to injury, the extra charges which are allowed under Booking.com are not as advertised. So when I thought I would be paying a cleaning charge and a key deposit, it was just another 90-100 Euros (cash) upfront. This is a ruse to keep the price looking competitive. My German language skills are fairly basic, (and I'm working on this!) but this aspect was disappointing as we had budgeted for a returnable deposit and it was difficult to converse as the owner we met speaks no English. They also wanted to be paid in cash. We had to negotiate via Booking.com's customer service for the ability to pay via Paypal at least so that we weren't carrying hundreds of Euros around with us. You won't be able to pay by card any other way warning! The owners expect you to email the day before and then phone on the day of arrival so that they can meet you. I used text messaging and it was unnerving not to ever get a reply of any kind (even in German which I could have coped with) This is because there is not a member of staff present in the complex under normal operations. This was ok, but when our fuse blew or we had a question about where to put the rubbish there was no one to ask. It also occurred to us that if we accidently locked ourselves out of the apartment, we'd be in real trouble! (Unless we had our phone with us) They could make things a little easier and transparent for all concerned. Put more than one toilet roll in the bathroom, provide proper toiletries, renew teaspoons with steel ones not plastic ones, provide cleaning materials, j cloths/spray cleaner, make life a little easer and perhaps instructions for how to use the facilities.

The location was very nice indeed, and very handy for public transport (u Bahn and buses) The u Bahn is the u2 line which is frequent, reliable and very handy for the centre of Hamburg. Around 20 minutes to get to Jungfernstieg, city centre shopping and other connections. Connections at Schlump also good for a variety of purposes and locations. A good line to use. On arrival, only a few minutes from the airport in a taxi. (This was the better option we decided, as travelling on the U Bahn would have necessitated one or two changes with heavy luggage) The apartment was spacious and comfortable with the usual mini kitchen. We had two rooms, the bathroom was good, and in the living room, the sofa was large enough to relax in comfortably. There was also a fitness room in the basement, which we had hoped to use, but didn't get round to it. There were washing and drying facilities which we did use. I would describe these as adequate. There is a *lot* to be said for this place, but there are some reservations which I will now outline in the other section. Having made my criticisms in the next section, it's important to note that I WOULD stay here again!

Very confortable! Completly

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

unfortunately is the bed very narrow

Very good location just next to the underground station. Lovely village. Nice and clean apartment.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

communication with the staff who was impolite because i didnt read the email they sent at midday when i was in my car driving to arrive . And because i was not speaking german. They also asked extra 60€ for cleaning and in the room there are instructions what to clean before leaving . Something is wrong !!

Quiet place next ubhan and parking. Room was good.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

End cleaning fees of 60 Euro for cleaning a small one room apartment is just clearly too much (and needs to be better highlighted under costs, I missed out on this). Stairs and basement facilities were super dirty and disgusting, have not been cleaned in weeks (basement). Expecting people to pay in cash at arrival, BUT not providing a receipt right away is a NO GO. And worst for me was that items listed under "apartment facilities" were not in the apartment, another NO-GO, because I for example do select apartments for their facilities.

quiet environment, nice furnished and decorated studio apartment, clean in the apartment

• Reviewed: 1 July 2015

There was no permanent staff on site to deal with issues, e.g. the safety deposit was locked, we had to make an extra cal/track down to the property manager. My guests complained about the curtains which were to light and let in the sun in the morning (so they woke up early).

I booked the apartment for friends who were visiting and my sister's house is around the corner, so location was prime reason for us to book the place.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2015

I didn´t like that they charged for cleaning and still asked to leave it clean. (so what did I pay the extra for?)

Wonderfull apartment fully equipped and very confortable. Lovely decoration and easy to live in. Private garage was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

Stairs

Close to station and shops

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

The bed is not up to standard, two lights did not work. Only one reading light on one side of bed.

Spacious, clean room, good location.

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.