Reviews of Waldhotel Unterbach This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Rathelbeckstraße 319, Unterbach, 40627 Düsseldorf, Germany

#37 of 49 B&Bs and Inns in Düsseldorf

It' s a very nice and quiet place to stay.

It' s a very nice and quiet place to stay. There is a park very close and a nice lake. Every morning I woke up when birds were singing outside. Such a quiet place that sometimes I thought that I'm absolutely alone there. The staff give you a free card to take a bus to the city center.

Overall we enjoyed our trip and that is mostly because of we had good choice of hotel. Thank you!
    • Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Second small toilet has no hot water facility, so we didn’t use that much.

The hotel was very good. It has all facilities which we really need for 5 days break. Heating system was fantastic, kitchen facilities were good. Children had seperate room, they really liked their stay at hotel.

overall the accommodation was nice, with great public transportation

the first and last day we had 2 young ladies (4 different ones) at the reception. not very friendly and definitely not helpful at all and the only language they spoke was german.

we stayed for four days. The 2 days in the middle were very nice, because of the great young male receptionist. He made everything great, helped a lot and was very friendly

Excellent property, with very friendly staff.

We had a problem initially with the shower head not staying in one place. The staff were great however and arranged for this to be fixed. The property is not near the center of town but as we had a car this was not a problem for us. I am not sure how it would be if public transport was the only way to get about.

We had a very spacious room, with a comfortable bed. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast was excellent. The area is in a quiet neighbourhood. Initially we did not think that there were many places to eat but we actually found that there were several excellent restaurants within a short distance, including right next door.

Pleasant introduction to Germany

Ideally located on the edge of town in the direction we were travelling and only 30 mins from the airport. Located in quiet street over three floors. The rooms were quite large and the beds comfortable. Our one man host was a delight and very friendly and helpful. I would call this olde world, almost hostel like with plenty to eat for breakfast. Loved the bush out back and the birds-reminds me of home. I would encourage the birds to come to the rear of the property as they mostly stayed away in the trees.

Free travel tickets to Dusseldorf and its various transport systems avoids having to drive in town!

Slightly minimalistic furnishing, eg only one chair for two people. Slightly untidy look to gardens at both front and rear. Breakfast room, while well lit has no outside view - we thought about this a lot and wondered whether it was worth considering moving the reception area to the current breakfast room and then using the current reception room as the breakfast room since that has lovely view to the woods? Stairs are a bit steep but my 81 year old partner managed them anyway. However front garden steps could have edges better marked, I nearly fell there on arrival. Garden could do with tidying a bit more and rear car park could do with spaces being more clearly marked, I was a bit confused about where I may and may not park, especially having made mistake of parking next door at front on arrival.

Allowed us to drop off our suitcases when we arrived fairly early morning long before check in time. Our room was ok but not extra special. We really appreciated and made good use of the free Dusseldorf travel tickets that were included in the booking giving free travel on the bus into Dusseldorf (takes 40 minutes) and also the Dusseldorf underground and other bus travel there, making it easy to visit Dusseldorf Museums etc. That was a great plus point! Lovely wooded background outside our bedroom window. Quiet room.

no lift, bit far from town

I was said to be in ground floor stinky dark room at first because nobody helped my heavy luggage,so I carried it by myself all the stairs. Nothing around but houses. I felt sick next day something toxic in the air

white room with skylight,calm habitat

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Friendly staff, easy access with public transport.

responses by mail only after 2 days when was near the place, weak internet/bad connection, pulsing hot water in shower.

Friendly staff, easy access with public transport.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

As advertised not central location but bus stop right...

only very small problem some rooms accessible by steep stairs that could be difficult but unless that's a major problem don't let it put you off.

As advertised not central location but bus stop right outside, bedroom and bathroom clean and comfortable. A good breakfast served in a pleasant dining room and staff were very helpful and attentive.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Staff.

Hard to park the car.

Staff.

Every thing

Every thing

very unfriendly and rude staff

Good value

Good service. Proactive staff.

great value

Location near forest and lake so great for a after work run

Everything was good

If you don't have a car, it's difficult to move around.

Cozy

Nice hotel, loving staff and good location
    • Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment

Location, Cleanliness, Free Ticket for all transport.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

No pubs, shops or restaurants in the area.

No pubs, shops or restaurants in the area.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Fantastic value for money

All little outdated.

Very quiet location close to A3. Clean!

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Nice Place to Stay

Good restaurant with good food and friendly staff. Apartment was perfect size especially for business. Excellent WIFI. Good value.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Big comfy room, quiet surroundings, close proximity to our...

Nothing! Alles Gut!

Big comfy room, quiet surroundings, close proximity to our friend's wedding venue. Very helpful staff. Hot and comfy showers and baths. Decent breakfast selection. Value for money.

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

Hotel is located in a wonderful place with nature.

The price was extremely high because of trade fair. I don't think that it is such expensive in another time.

Hotel is located in a wonderful place with nature. You wake up with the sounds of birds in the mornings.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

Clean and acceptable rooms.

Staff courtesy was not the best, I guess sometimes you get what you pay for. I asked one of the ladies in reception to help me top up my phone by giving her the voucher I had just bought because I don't speak German and initially she was reluctant to do it and only did it because I asked again please. One of the ladies however was very pleasant, helpful and polite. She really seemed to be such a nice person. I wish she had stayed permanently in reception for my whole stay!

Clean and acceptable rooms. Good price. Despite not being in town it doesn't take long by public transport to get to it.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2016

A nice familiar house

The stairs are really high

A nice familiar house

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

Staff very helpful.

Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2015

It was right next to a walk in the woods for our dog!

It was right next to a walk in the woods for our dog!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

no elevator

all was fine

no elevator

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

walk with the dogs close to the hotel

bed was uncomfortable, noise from others , limited parking

walk with the dogs close to the hotel

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

quietness

poor wi fi service in my room

quietness nature

• Reviewed: 3 April 2015

Friendly receptionist.

Staircase is a death trap. Spider webs in the room.

Friendly receptionist. Parking. Good water stream and temperature in shower.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2015

Quiet location.

Room was tiny and with a horrible smell of cigarette smoke and mold. No elevator, stairs up to rooms are are life threat!

Quiet location.

There are also 13 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.