Reviews of Hotel Wallis This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Schwanthalerstrasse 8, Ludwigsvorstadt, 80336 Munich, Germany

#238 of 349 hotels in Munich

Okay
    • Comfort Double Room

Very expensive for what it is. Area a bit dodgy.

Staff very friendly and helpful. I asked for a quiet room, which they accommodated. Also able to check in early. Parking very convenient and hotel near centre of town.

Location was in the center, it’s good if you don’t have a...
    • Comfort Double Room

We booked two rooms, my room had no A/C but the other room had it! The corridors stunk with bad smell. Too many beggars in the area of the hotel.

Location was in the center, it’s good if you don’t have a car. Central Station is minutes away and Mareinplatz (main square) is the same. Many restaurants seconds and minutes away.

i like the people who are cleaning.

i didn’t like the stuff in front desk. kinda non helpful and kinda dnt want to help few of old People. + I got an offer from the booking.com for late check out + i emailed them cuz we were a family but they force us to check out early cuz the said we are booked full and i sew that most of the rooms were empty.

i like the people who are cleaning. the room was okay. and the hotel is kinda good for youth not old not child

Good location but expensive
    • Comfort Double Room

It is pretty old and you can see stains on the floor. It's expensive for that kind of hotel.

The hotel is in a very good location, close to the main square. The hotel has a parking. The bed was comfortable and it wasn't noisy.

Leaky sink
    • Comfort Triple Room

Our sink leaked gray water on the floor but it took some convincing of the staff for them to bring a bucket. They didnt think the inconvenience warranted a discount.

Location with garage parking.

There was a balcony & mini bar.
    • Comfort Double Room

The hotel is located in a red light area. There are also a lot of beggars.

There was a balcony & mini bar. The breakfast was very good. The hotel is very close to the train station.

It was an ok place
    • Comfort Double Room

Beds and pillows were terrible and there was no air conditioning so we roasted all night. Also lots of homeless and beggars around the hotel vicinity.

Good location, easy walk from the Karlplatz metro station

easy to reach in the center of Munich

great location although it is in a busy street we didn't hear anything from the clubs downstairs at night when we closed the windows in the room & the air condition did its job to not let us sweat the rooms have everything you need in a city hotel

Would not stay there again.
    • Family Suite with Balcony

Air conditioning was broken, had to open windows for air. Extremely loud street noise after midnight as there are several late night bars that are sketchy.

Close to center city

Good experience.
    • Comfort Double Room

I thought breakfast was included in rate. Host said we had to book directly with them rather than booking.com to get breakfast included.

excellent breakfast buffet even if we had to pay extra for it great location and easy to get to train station We were able to get our laundry done. Excellent job.

Never again...
    • Comfort Double Room

Horrible expierience staying here... 07.45 we were awoking with a deffening noise and rattle from holes being drilled in a nearby room. This went on for one hour with no prior notice or warning at check in... I understand that work or construction needs to be performed but why do it at 07.45 when the guests are sleeping?? Why couldn’t this have been done in the afternoon or at checkout times. Receptionist was rude when I brought this up and maintained that the work did not start until 08.45 and there is nothing we can do about it now even if it did start when I said! No reduction in rate offered, just a free continental breakfast which I had no interest in as all I wanted was to be able to sleep... Would not recommend from my expierience...

The location was okay

It was a good location, but way to expensive for what it was worth.
    • Comfort Triple Room

I didn't like that there was construction going on in the floor above us. We were given no warning this would be happening and it started as early as 8:30AM in the morning. I also didn't like the breakfast enough to pay 9 euro... That was way too expensive.

I liked the location, but that was the only thing that really stuck out to me about this hotel.

Quite convenient location, near to subway which is one stop...

Quite convenient location, near to subway which is one stop away from The Central train station and also one stop from Marienplatz in the other direction. Also has a few supermarkets and restaurants along the street

very clean, excellent breakfast, value for money
    • Comfort Double Room

My booking was confirmed by email, stating that "you 'll pay the Property directly" as I had asked. I was informed that a pre-authorisation of my card might occur. I was very disapointed to find out that my card was fully charged without at least a short notice about it. On arrival I asked if I should pay Cash in advance and the answer was negative. On departure, to my great surprise, I was told that my card was charged before my arrival. I tried to explain that this was not my deal and I received an answer which destroyed my excellent opinion of the hotel. I would like this comment to be taken into consideration and I would appreciate an explanation from Booking .com

The hotel is extremely clean and centraly situated; walking distance to the Central Station and Karlplatz. Breakfast is unexpectedly rich and staff is polite and helpful. The room may be small but it was only needed for sleeping and resting. It is very well heated and beds are comfortable.

Good position but hotel need some updates
    • Family Suite with Balcony

There is not automated heating. Hotel is a bit old furnished. Portable electric heating would not be legal in Italy for fire risks.

Position very close to city center: 5 minutes walk. Breakfast is great and cheap.

Great stay. the hotel apart from being clean and comfortable is very close to the city centre.
    • Comfort Double Room

Emergency signs are in German. A hotel that has international guest should have such important information in English as well.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean. Good breakfast choice.

Good value
    • Comfort Double Room

Small elevator but nothing else.

Breakfast was cheap and lots of selection. Bed was comfortable. Lovely staff. Clean rooms. Baby travel cot available. Parking convenient. Good location to walk to attractions. Plenty of restaurants near by.

Excellent location,very near to two metro stations, The...
    • Comfort Single Room

The entrance to the hotel is messy, the street is dirty.

Excellent location,very near to two metro stations, The location of this hotel is amazing: 10 minute walking distance to Marienplatz. The staff at the reciption are very friendly and helpful. Great thanks for frau Manuela. Breakfast is excellent. Wifi is stable and working as it should. Overall the hotel is not luxirous but it is a good value for money for budget travelers.

great staff who helped us with our reservation over the phone and we had an early check in
    • Comfort Triple Room

Nothing really to complain ,about no A/c so you have to leave the window open to cool it down, which makes it a bit noisy the beds were comfortable and after a month travellinng we tried the tv there was no sound... it didn't matter, we were only going to lessen the street noise... not sure if they have any off the busy street rooms or not but it could be an option if noise bothers you.

We stayed here as our last night in Munich before we flew home... the location was within walking distance of Octoberfest. maybe thats why the noise level was a bit high in our room, I don't think so though it is just a busy street. The staff was great and we were thrilled to have a room ready for an early check in. The breakfast buffet was nicely presented and hot and cold items. good choices even if you want to stay away from all the breads.

Loved my stay!
    • Comfort Triple Room

The curtains in the bedroom didn't block very well the sunlight in the morning.

The staff was very friendly from the moment we arrived. The triple room was comfortable and the location is perfect if you want to be close to the metro/train station and city center. Breakfast was delicious!

Central location

The immediate surrounding is not optimal for families.

The central location was fantastic for sightseeing. A coffee shop and an Aldi for inexpensive snacks was also very close by. Bonus points to be just around the corner from Mustafa's Gemüse Kebap - do yourself a favor, travel for these handmade tasty wonders, and be extraordinarily patient while waiting - it is so worth the wait. The accommodation was acceptable and clean. Knowing we were here to see Munich, not the hotel, made the stay better.

Great location and parking on site. Easy to get to, can't really ask for more in a big city.
    • Comfort Triple Room

It was a bit hot while we were there and air circulation wasn't great but they did provide a fan.

Parking on site and a short walk to the walkplatz with shops/food/sites etc.

Good budget hotel in central location
    • Comfort Double Room

Entrance is right next to kebab shop and an entertainment venue, so not too promising, but that is nothing to worry about.

Good location, fantastic breakfast, friendly staff.

city staying
    • Comfort Double Room

the area is not very nice (close to red light street) and the feeling at night is quite insecure. the room is not very isolated from noise

politeness of personnel close to city centre and train station

Not as promising as it looks like

the pillows were very uncomfortable. our room was next to the avenue and clubs- it was deadly noisy and couldnt sleep at night

breakfast was excellent. location very convinient

Had a good stay
    • Comfort Single Room

It was a bit loud outside but it was okay

I arrived late as I came back from the GNR concert the person at the front desk was kind and everything went well! Everything was clean!

Fantastic staff and great location but no airconditioner

A bit nousy at night but that goes with the great location. No aircon a big problem in summer

Staff very friendly and extremely helpfull. They really added value where possible

The room's doors would not close completely;
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room's doors would not close completely; because of the wind the door permanently smashed against its frame and it made an awful noise at day time and also at night time. Also, the bathroom had a radiator that didn't work properly and it was extremely hot all the time and the heat was entering the room. As it was already hot outside, the radiator made our stay unpleasent. I hope the hotel's staff will resolve these issues in the future.

Nice hotel, great location, friendly staff, but no AC.
    • Deluxe Single Room

The week I stayed was very hot and there was not AC. It was not easy to sleep or work but the staff did find a fan and that made the stay bearable.

The breakfast variety was great, the staff was very friendly and the room was good.

I can't recommend this place...
    • Comfort Triple Room

Staff - especially gentleman on reception desk. Approach to Client - they expected, that I will pay for mirror which wasn't proper installed (I didn't finally). It could hurt my children... It was not clean enough. Location - very loud street, with sex shops, during night a few police interventions etc. Tourist standard.

Location - close to the city centre.

Nice room with a balcony.
    • Comfort Double Room

A bit of a creepy people around but that is Central station area, so it is same in every city. Though you can get any kind of shops in 1 min distance which is good. Breakfast was great. Staff helpful and nice. No issues with this hotel apart from AC, which is a separate moving block and is pretty weak in terms of cooling

Nice room with a balcony. Close to Central station and downtown area. Location is perfect.

Caution HOT

Hot, uncomfortable, incredibly noisy, charged for breakfast (coffee) which they had given us vouchers for at check in, did I mention hot - so much so the old man across the hall slept with his door open and scantily clothed. If this was my only European experience I don't think I would return. Police were in stair way going through luggage, (the truth). Staff told us not to worry "they're not dangerous" I don't know who wrote the positive reviews that lead us to chose this hotel but don't listen to them.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Ok for singles and couples, NOT for children.
    • Comfort Double Room

The rooms were filthy and the carpets were disgusting. And there was no cool air, unless you opened the window and let the loud noises from the city in. Also, the breakfast bar was tidy and clean, but the food was cold (even waffles and pancakes). It was just a few steps lower in quality than I was used to. Also, the location was convenient to the train station etc, but it was strip club row. Ok for singles and couples, but I would NOT recommend for families with children.

The staff was very nice and offered to reaccomodate us, or cancel the fee if we wanted to check out. We would have changed rooms to something not right off the Main Street, but were literally walking out the door for an all day tour. Surprisingly the bathrooms were very clean, good water pressure and plenty of hot water, so ok in that respect. If I were able to rebook my vacation I would have gone 5 minutes down the road and stayed in a more quiet, family friendly area.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Very nice place to stay with private parking
    • Comfort Double Room

The street was under construction, so the parking lot was hard to find (I haven't found it without the help of the nice recepcionist). The street has a bit of shady feeling, but luckily the hotel is almost at the very end of the street.

The hotel is close to the city center and to public transport. I really appreciated the Nespresso machine in the room. Breakfast was tasty and had great selection. All the staff members were very friendly and very helpful. Private parking is a big advantage, as being so close to the railway station, not too many hotels have private parking in the area.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Wonderful hotel in Central Munich

Breakfast spread

There was a coffee machine in my room for me. Haven't ever seen one in all the hotels I have stayed all over Europe of same category.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Great base
    • Comfort Triple Room

Great location for a short break. Went with friends to watch Arsenal play Bayern in Champions League - Poor result but brilliant trip! Staff were friendly and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Good value for money
    • Family Suite with Balcony

We were 4 18 Year-olds, the room was big enough to fit us all including luggage and personal belongings, breakfast was very nice, and staff was super friendly.

Great control location for a short stay for a family
    • Family Suite with Balcony

Can get noisy at nighttime due to the nightclubs in the area. We were on the 7th floor and it was OK but it might disturb a light sleeper.

Family room is OK for a short stay but four people plus luggage really fill the space

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Great location and g
    • Comfort Triple Room

Across from sex shop and prostitutes down the street as night. Not hotels fault and I think many hotels in the area have this.

Well located and affordable parking at 13 euro a day.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Nice location and service but terrible neighborhood.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Next to the hotel located “Shisha bar” where people from Middle East and North Africa like to spend evenings, in 50 meters “Halal food bar” with same visitors. When those people walking around or going outside for a smoke they pretty often screaming to each other(speaking in this way), and… walking on the road, drivers using this road beeping horns to push them out. Add here also few night clubs located on the same street and you will feel what is expecting for you till 3-4AM if your room is facing the street: screams, singings, continuously honking horns cars… When you book room in this hotel make sure room is facing backyard or at least located on the one of top floors.

Next to the city center, 1 minute walk to S-ban and U-ban hub station, very friendly personnel. Leaving hotel, crossing street and you are in the city center.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Nice comfortable place where staff were very obliging
    • Deluxe Double Room

Getting old and probably needs an upgrade.

Centrally located to attractions and train station. Nice extra touches with a fruit bowl and lollies put on the pillow

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Oktoberfest

The noise în The street.

Web love The breakfast. It was great. They give us for 8 euro per Day salmon fumee almost everyday. And of course the other things they served were really good. The location îs closed by oktoberfest so it was really nice

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

close to the downtown
    • Comfort Double Room

the street is full with drugs deallers,to much noise all the night. it sims that the area is not so sure,a lot of drugs and prostitution in all the corners.

very close to the downtown. Kind personal and very helpfull.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Good location - friendly staff - good value!
    • Family Suite with Balcony

No air conditioning and with temps close to 90, had to have the windows open. Lots of late night partying, making sleep a bit challenging.

Great breakfast, comfy beds/pillows, friendly staff and relatively close to train station & Marienplatz.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Comfortable
    • Family Suite with Balcony

Parking was a bit awkward. There is a garage spot provided with a small fee (I think €13/day). However, the key to the garage door needs to be picked up at the front desk every time you need to get in or out of the garage, and returned immediately after use.

Staff was very kind. The rooms were a decent size and comfortable. Free wifi was very reliable.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Great location and friendly staff but hotel has no a/c in the rooms.
    • Family Suite with Balcony

We had no a/c in the room so it was quite warm at night. Tried leaving the balcony doors open but then we could here the noise from the street all night even though we were on the 7th floor.

Location is great. Breakfast was good and staff very friendly. Underground parking was also convenient.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Don't stay here if you want to sleep, or if you expect a courteous staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff was extremely rude, it was very noisy due to a night club close by - I got very little sleep and I was over charged.

The location close to the S-Bahn

Close to train station and underground.

Close to train station and underground. Many restaurants close by.

The hotel is nice, very close to the Marienplatz.
    • Comfort Double Room

The hotel is nice, very close to the Marienplatz. The stuff was very friendly and helpful.

Location very convenient, breakfast awesome,staff friendly
    • Comfort Double Room

Night time looks not safe

Location very convenient, breakfast awesome,staff friendly

Location was good-evening staff was very pleasant.

Rooms very small-morning desk attendant (Renata) was very unpleasant and rude during checkout.

Location was good-evening staff was very pleasant.

Beautiful place.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Beautiful place. Good for families with kids. Clean. Close to center. Employees nice. Very good breakfast.

Location not exactly for family traveller

Location not exactly for family traveller

very good choice

Location,balcony

Various breakfast, comfortable room and super nice staff.

Cannot list anything.

Various breakfast, comfortable room and super nice staff.

Breakfast was amazing

Breakfast was amazing

we would book there again
    • Family Suite with Balcony

Lovely Hotel, great location and good room for a family of 4. Have the breakfast its great value and very good.

the location was good , it was near the 3 train station

the room was so little.

the location was good , it was near the 3 train station

Nice hotel near bahnhof

Location and breakfast

Location is good. Room is okay for one or two night sray

Good for groups

A great place to explore Munich from
    • Family Suite with Balcony

Wasn't expecting added price for breakfast.

Friendliness of the staff and great location

No internet connction

No internet connction

nice location hotel

location is good. breakfast nice

It was hard to find parking spot for checking in

It was hard to find parking spot for checking in

Very good service in this hotel and professional staff
    • Comfort Single Room

Breakfast was very good and inexpensive. Reception staff very helpful and friendly. Overall can’t fault anything

staff very friendly and helpful

staff very friendly and helpful

Location and cleanliness.

No blinds on windows

Location and cleanliness.

The location, stuff and breakfast are great!
    • Comfort Double Room

Furniture is old. Carpet was dirty.

The location, stuff and breakfast are great!

Overall stay was good.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Price too high due Octoberfest.

Fruit basket. Location.

Good location, average accomodation

Noise from drunken louts

Not that great
    • Comfort Triple Room

The curtains didn't cover window, it was like daylight most of the night

Location is great if you are visiting Oktoberfesr

Good location, clean and good breakfast.
    • Comfort Double Room

How hot the rooms got at night.

The location was great for Oktoberfest.

Friendliness of staff
    • Comfort Triple Room

Room was extremely hot to the point where we minimised the amount of time we spent in the room.

Friendliness of staff

Nice receptionists.
    • Comfort Triple Room

The undergroud parking is not easy.

Nice receptionists.

• Comfort Triple Room

noisy and old facility, no a/c

Browse Hotel Wallis traveller photo gallery