Reviews of Hotel Weinschänke Rohdental

Rohdental 20, 31840 Hessisch Oldendorf, Germany

#6 of 9 hotels in Hessisch Oldendorf

I bought a steak meal that was 24 euros, it wasn't pleasant and the steak was very tough. The green beans that came with it were awful. My girlfriend had schnitzel that wasn't cooked properly and had to leave half of it. The beds were not comfortable at all. That place isn't built for tall people. I managed to bump my head several times on the door frames. I am 6''3 (189cm). There are no shops or restaurants within walking distance, it is a very remote hotel with the nearest town being around 5km away. Overall we wouldn't stay there again.

The staff were very pleasant and were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Rooms a little basic but fine for me

Just off motorway in quiet location a little out of the way. Pleasant staff. Clean Good breakfast. Value for money.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

The facilities need some sprucing up as the entire place seems worn and dated. This was one of the few places in Germany that had visible trash piles and unfinished projects. The bed was extremely hard and the pillows minimal.

The staff was efficient and friendly. We were not able to partake in the breakfast due to schedule demands, but we did enjoy a lengthy beer fest and dinner in the patio. The food was tasty and ample. We enjoyed that the servers were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Some furniture and design approach museum value. Maybe some refurbishment would be welcome.

Good for overnight stay when travelling on autobahn near by. Good local kitchen. Family friendly - rooms with extra beds and menu for children in restaurant.

Good breakfast, quit location.

It's good that I could speak a little German as it would be hard without it.

Typical German inn with great food.

Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent food and a good choice of beverages.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Restaurant closed - no chance to for business lunch or supper

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Great dinner at the restaurant - have some more beer and then craw up the stair to your bed ;-)

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Everything was perfect!

• Reviewed: 25 March 2015

Lovely place, located in a German village, with nice natural surroundings, an outdoor terrace and a functioning watermill. The staff is very kind and helpful, they offered us directions and served breakfast even though we came down late.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2015

I came to the hotel around midnight and was surprised that can not get in. After the phone call I realized that the officer in charge does not speak English. However she managed to call another person who really surprised me. My booking starts from tomorrow. It was definitely my mistake. We were accommodated at nearly 5 minutes and all went well. Many thanks to the staff and management. It is quite old but nice and clean hotel with (as you can see) very friendly and efficient staff. We love our stay there. Thank you all!!!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

we came from Ireland and England to a show in the town and everyone even the housemaid made us welcome.

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.