Reviews of Sheraton München Westpark Hotel This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Garmischer Str. 2, Schwanthalerhöhe, 80339 Munich, Germany

#107 of 349 hotels in Munich

• Superior Room

Noises coming from workers repairing the hotel at day time.

Staff very helpful. Like to mention Susanne Hohmann for her excellent customer service. She took the extra mile in helping me to get the information that I wanted.

• Superior Room

Wifi must be for free at this price level. In my humble opinion it is an absurd this policy and something from the past

Good size and conditions room. confortable bed.

• Superior Room

The hotel is extremely accessible when coming from the airport with a Direct S-bahn with one switch with another S-Bahn or U-Bahn. I found the hotel very nice and comfy. We took the chance and had a dinner at their Steak restaurant and we didn't regret it.

• Superior Room

What I didnt like? I was there only for three nights!!! ;-)

Super breakfast, superb staf, and for my practice/rehearsal as a musician: Thanks for the use of the conference room!!!

• Superior Room

Staff did not care about my neighbors who were extremely noisy creaming listening music loud and banging the door

Bed was comfortable and subway was close

• Executive Double Room with free WIFI

No lift to parking garage. No indication that parking outside was allowed during unloading car Staff during check in didn’t bother helping us with our bags when we were trying to fit everything through the revolting doors. Construction works next to the hotel... not informed about the noise early in the morning.

Staff during checkout were very helpful!

Parking needs to be upgraded, the stairs takes u outside the hotel and it needs some work. I felt unsecured!

The staff was very helpful and good breakfast

• Family Room

We have booked the hotel for 2 adults and 2 kids - expecting Sheraton to be a ‘safe choice’ - selected a Family Room, which in line with description was supposed to accomodete 2 adults and 2 kids in a king size double bed and a sofa bed. When we arrived there was just a big bed prepared but I thought they might have missed the fact that we would come with 2 kids. I contacted the reception - and this is where the surprise comes - the guy at the reception in a very unpolited way tried to convince me that the booking we made was for 2 adults and 2 kids (9 and 7 years old) with the assumption that they would stay in one bed with the parents. I spend a long time with him convincing him that children of 9 and 7 do not sleep with their parents. After a long discussion he agreed to prepare a sofa bed - why not pro-actively? ...why not just to say - sure we will make it for you? I do not know? Sheraton - shame on you if you allow this type of people to work for you - I did not expect to have a such a bad experience from you!

The hotel is located very much in the center - close to the main railway station. The breakfast was good (choice) with very friendly staff there.

• Family Room

The coffee from the coffee machine in the room was poor tasting. Better with a kettle.

Reception staff very helpful and friendly. Great location as directly above u-bahn. Great selection at breakfast.

• Executive Double Room with free WIFI

Nothing! Everything was more than perfect!

I I loved the location being so close to the Oktoberfest! I loved the check in process that is organized and simple. The Club rooms have everything you need and more to feel at home. The best breakfast!

• Superior Room

I made a mistake in my booking (thought I had booked a cancellable room but there was actually a 90% cancellation fee). When I realized my error I contacted them immediately and begged the management to let me cancel without the full 90% penalty (which would have been thousands of EUR) but they refused to work with me at all. This was several months before my trip, and my stay was during Oktoberfest so they would have easily been able to re-book the room but they were total jerks about it. I also think it's cheesy that with as much as I paid, they don't include free wifi, the coffee in my room was instant, and I was not able to access the steam room without upgrading my stay. Further, housekeeping kept forgetting to refill my coffee supplies, and the bed was so uncomfortable I could not sleep.

Great breakfast. Nice room with good view. Very close to public transportation. Great front desk staff. Steam room and club lounge were nice touches (if you pay extra).

• Family Room

No lift from the garage to the hotel entrance.. If you have suitcases and baby stroller, you need to walk uphill from the car garage entrance to the hotel lobby..

Nice good size room, with very nice breakfast room and polite staff. Underground stop right outside of the hotel, very easy to go to the city centre.

• Superior Room

Staff although friendly didn't know what to recommend at times or couldn't answer questions. Didn't like the fact you pay for internet as everywhere we've stayed it's free. It's free with this company if you become a member which we did

• Club Room with Lounge Access

Impression upon arrival is impaired by the spartan, rather shabby appearance of the entrance area and access to/from the car park. Breakfast restaurant tables and floors don't always look 100% clean, and some members of staff serving there (though definitely not all) are unsmiling and perfunctory. Variety of drinks and snacks in the club lounge is somewhat limited.

Whilst this Sheraton has a distinctly informal feel about it, it is comfortable and functional throughout; bedding, fixtures and fittings, wifi and breakfast items are of high quality. Convenient location right on the Heimeranplatz metro station. A peak-hour service hiccup encountered in the breakfast restaurant was dealt with immediately, expertly and in a refreshlingly hands on manner by the duty manager Nancy Kummer.

• Executive Double Room with free WIFI

The bar is so open that a family with two wild kids were allowed to let them run around shouting. Nobody from management did anything and it made dinner at the bar unpleasant.

Beautiful breakfast buffet, great facility and staff in the bar was outstanding

• Executive Double Room with free WIFI

It was our worst hotel experience ever. My wife googled "child friendly hotels in Munich" before booking this hotel, and Sheraton Westpark came as one of the first results. We have been living in Munich before and know the city qiute well, the location was perfect for a 2-night stay and we booked it. Hotel condition - partly dated equipment The window blinds were half broken, they covered one of the 4 windows, so my wife called someone to come over and check them. They came and promissed to fix the problem when we leave the room. Noone ever came back with any feedback. The poblem remained during our stay. The cleaning The room wasn't cleaned at all during our 2-night stay. We've been in the room only from 2-5pm, when our son was asleep. We had to ask in the evening for the garbage to be taken away. The hotel Restaurant on Friday night was the highlight: we came shortly before 9 pm with our quite exhausted and hungry 1,5 year old son. Yes he was quite noisy, because noone payed attention to us. I think they were secretly hoping that we just disappear. When we were offered a table after more that 10 min waiting, we ordered meals and asked to make the baby food that we brought with us warm asap, and appologised for our son's loud behaviour. My wife explained, that it's been a long day for us, he is tired and hungry. The waitress nodded understandingly and said, that it was ok and we could do nothing about it. After 5 minutes she returned and told my wife in a very rude tone, that we should try to do something to make the baby calmer. (As if we weren't already trying!) We could finally get our son his food and some extra bread from the restaurant, and he became happier and less lound for a while. When we finished the starters it was already 9:35 pm, we understood that it would be best to bring the child to sleep into the room and finish the mains.

• Executive Double Room with free WIFI

There are no elevators from the underground parking to the hotel lobby. We had to lug our heavy suitcases up all the staircases. The night got super chilly and wanted the heating system on. Apparently the whole hotel turned it off so the staff on the phone told us to turn it on manually in our rooms by ourselves. She was very unhelpful and her directions were all wrong. Called again and finally a different staff came to turn it on, but it did not work. Eventually he told us that his boss told him to bring a portable heater- which was good- but could have done that in the first place instead of going through all that trouble! It was a Sunday, and knowing that a lot of places are closed on Sundays, we asked the front desk if there were any recommended restaurants that were open. We got there and it was closed. Just giving us wrong information. Also the area is a bit far off from the main area.

• Executive Double Room with free WIFI

The Front Desk Manager was an amazing women who helped me a lot! I had a problem and she spoke for me in the phone and made me feel it is nothing at all for her... no effort

• Superior Room

Bathroom is too old and not very comfortable. One of the lifts was broken and causes too much noise during the night. Only german newspapers available at reception

Breakfast and location

• Superior Room

Gym was too hot to use it for running, but that's really a minor inconvenience.

Excellent location right next to metro stop. Comfortable room. Great breakfast. Gym and sauna.

• Superior Room

Nothing that we did not like, but due to our van-type rental car, we were happy to get the free parking lot. The other alternative would have been the underground parking house (not owned by the hotel) next to the hotel. We did not need to enter, but check the size of your car and ability to fit in.

Friendly and helpful frontdesk. We arrived early at noon and got room. Great. Location is a good compromise to someone who wants to come by car and go around with underground or by walking. Metro station next to the hotel. Breakfast as with normal business-hotel-level. Room's view from 12th floor was great over the rooftops of the city. There are four hotel parking lots, which were free-of-charge and we happened to get one due to coming early.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Superior Room

Parking is about €20 euro a day at the hotel which can "only" be paid with cash money outside the building at a pay terminal that only takes notes up to 20 euros.

Location of the hotel was perfect as there was a subway station located right in front of the hotel, two stops from the city center. Restaurant attached to the hotel works as a seperate restaurant, excellent food and service. Every room has curtains which black out the room completly, additionally there are blinds on the outside of the window. Excellent room service available.

• Superior Room

Only negative, extractor in bathroom didn't work. Bathroom got very humid and stuffy after shower.

Very comfy bed, lovely interior decorations throughout hotel, breakfast very good value

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Superior Room

The out sourced Laundry services makes mistakes in rating the clothes .I paid 23 euros extra for nothing.

Excellent services like maintainance and specially front desk staff, Caroline.Surprised to see the commendable services comparable to Japanese hotel staff politeness.

• Superior Room

WiFi is only free in public areas and the price is 4 euros/hour if you want to use it in your room, unreasonably expensive.

The room was nice and had all the amenities to satisfy our needs.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Superior Room

The lack of wifi in rooms and restriction of wifi use in lobby area to one guest only were annoying.

The hotel is right next to a train station. It's quite close to city centre by train or a pleasant walk if you are not in a rush.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Executive Double Room with free WIFI

one bigger negative was the fact that the hotel provide all the time the same breakfast. I spent 6 days and after 3 identical breakfast I had had enough, and before me were still 3;). Besides - everything was ok.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Superior Room

The bed was huge! The food at the restaurant was amazing! We were even given a wonderful little gift to congratulate us on our wedding as well as an upgrade.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Superior Room

Just stay 1 night, all the day was in city center therefore we came only for sleep. All in all, clean rooms, good locations (close to metro station), helpfull staff. Preferable.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Everything was great!

Me and my husband spent our New Year holidays at Munich and enjoyed it a lot. Staying at Sheraton was a really good choice considering the location,facility itself.

• Superior Room

the staff is kind of rude. They made a mistake by charging a drink to my room (my room was 408) but the drink was for room 308. Upon checkout, the staff is asking me to settle the bill, but it was clearly stated for room 308. The staff not even apologise for his mistake. This is not the service for a 5 stars hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Superior Room

There was no wifi to be. Jones no wifi in any where in Munich I could get but I would have expected from a hotel like shareton at least free wifi for their visitors

Cleaning and the staff approach

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

N/a

Everything was great...went during christmas market... T he staff and facilities were great!!!! The best thing was the breakfast...please include that in your booking.the location was close tobthe Tolley Christmas Market whisch is also where they have Octoberfest!!!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Superior Room

Expensive breakfast price Reception staff could have been more personable

Directly onto the U Bahn and lift down from the hotel. Quiet rooms even on the front. European, UK and 2 x USB sockets built in to a charging point in the room . Powerful hairdryer Excellent back lit magnifying mirror in the bathroom

• Family Room

Breakfast room was very crowded. Not enough food. For example Milk, juice jars always empty. We had to keep asking to be refiled. Hard to get a table. Due to early departure we were offered take away breakfast bags. A time to pick them up was set the night before. We came but they had not prepare anything although the note was there. We had to go without it. Expensive car parking.

Just outside the metro station. Good and efficient front desk.

• Superior Room

The restaurant wasn't open on Sunday. Not a really big problem since there are numerous eateries in the neighborhood but we were looking forward to a nice dinner before driving home. Finding the entrance and finding parking are challenging.

Big warm room with a big warm bathroom. It's winter, after all. Dominik Reichinger at Reception went Above and Beyond to accommodate us, even saving a parking place while I moved the car and got the luggage unloaded. The restaurant (Saturday night) was terrific. We shared a dinner of Char, something we'd never had before. It was served elegantly and was delicious. The restaurant staff was attentive and very friendly even when I spilled my wife's drink. This is our Go-To Hotel in Munich.

• Superior Room

Room needs updated. Uncomfortable bed snd heatimg system unit would adjust on wall. Complimentary bottle of water with broken safety seal, really? Felt the same with shampoo. In hotel restaurant not impressed with dinner at all, breakfast was awesome. Staff were also great and location, proximity to U-bahn however waking tired is not worth it.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Superior Room

The room service menu was very bland - nothing on it to make me feel I was in Munich, very international feel to it. But that was the only minor thing I can think of as a negative

Was worried about location as hotel is not in centre - but turns out it couldn't have been better. U-bahn entrance literally just outside the door, and being a bit away from all the tourist action ensured peace and quiet. Really comfortable hotel, I was really happy with everything, especially the early check-in which I didn't expect.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Superior Room

A bit crowded breakfast room in the morning, but staff was very helpful with finding a place to sit.

Great location at the U-Bahn and S-bahn stop, but almost no noise in the room. Just few stops from the city centre, so very practical too. Spacious room, clean, friendly staff, nice breakfast selection. Very comfortable beds! We had wonderful time and would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Family Room

Nothing I could think of.

Our flight arrived early in the morning and although our room wasn't ready yet by the time we were at the hotel, they gave us an alternative to wait and freshen up in the Club Lounge first. That was really thoughtful. The location was superb. The room was clean and very comfortable with all amenities given.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Superior Room

Staff were busy, so that resulted in service being below expectations

Parking was easy, the metro line was right under the hotel and the rooms were spacious; while breakfast was a little expensive there was a great selection on the buffet

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

• Family Room

The rooms were very expensive and the heating didn't work at all had to get 2 heaters sent to my room... this was the same for my colleague's room the two rooms cost nearly 900 euro for one night

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Executive Double Room with free WIFI

Some large hotels manage to have a personalized atmosphere; this hotel certainly did not achieve that. During the evenings the check-in desk was run bij men that were not too friendly. We checked in around 11 pm. The guy winked us that we were standing at the wrong part of the desk, did not ask about our travel, did not inform us about breakfast posibilities; he just gave us the key cards. We did not find this a friendly welcome. Penny-pinching policy: each day we were provided with a bottle of water. For the two of us we got one small bottle; I think that 2 small bottles would have been reasonable. The cafe and tea fascilities were completed with paper cups, instead of ceramic cups. The tissues in the bathroom were extremely thin; when you blew your nose, there was a hole in it. In case you request two seperate beds instead of a kingsize bed, they just move the beds apart. So one bed was standing before the light switches, and between the beds you could see the raw wall. The plates with food rests from people who had ordered room service stayed on the floor in the hallways for hours and hours. It happened twice that we saw the same plate at the end of the day and again the next morning (and we did not get up before 9.30!), and that was sort of groose. In the mornings it could be noisy, because the door of the rooms did not isolate for noise very well.

Location. Directly at the foot of a subway/train station. Clean. Comfortable beds. Quiet nights

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Superior Room

Breakfest was fair nothing fancy, abit of a drive to the center, tried walking there took me 25 minutes

Great service and comfortable beds,. had bad neighbours and I told them I couldn't sleep, gave me a new room in a instant

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Superior Room

No kettle in room. High parking charge. The breakfast discount for advance booking should have been explained online during booking.

Good shower. Comfortable room. Free safe. Free internet after registration. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Superior Room

I was given a room where air conditioning did not work. Later the room was changed but the receptionist was a not polite. Check in took a lot of time. Breakfast should have more international options, more fruits.

Storage of luggage.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Superior Room

Wifi wasn't available in the room!

The front Office staff, Julia was very friendly and helpful. The Breakfast Buffet was great and complete. Location was perfect.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Family Room

-the so called family room is not really big. - it's different from other Sheraton hotel which we know, it definitely need some renovations!

-smooth check in & check out process - the underground stations are just a few steps away

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Superior Room

Location wasn't the best. There was a noisy train yard or something right next to the hotel. From early morning to late in the day. Very annoying.

Very nice stay. The price was was justified.

Great breakfast and location

• Club Room with Lounge Access

Parking should be complementary for the hotel guests.

Friendly staff , great location and nice breakfast.

• Superior Room

No door on the safe, so couldn't use

Bed was good

• Club Room with Lounge Access

Good restaurant, friendly staff, just needs a refresh in certain common areas. A little bland

Spacious room. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Superior Room

Pigeons droppings around the garden

Everything else

Wifi is not free

• Superior Room

Elevators were a problem at night.

• Superior Room

Wifi and parking not free

Size of room, location, facilities...

• Superior Room

The location was good. The facilities were nice.

• Superior Room

Breakfast was disappointing, could do with more variety.

good location

• Club Room with Lounge Access

293 euro for 1 night is a bit too much if there isn't even anything in the fridge in your room.

• Family Room

No direct access from the hotel to the underground parking.

Everthing

• Superior Room

We liked every thing specially services and breakfast

• Superior Room

It was right near trams and metros!!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Executive Double Room with free WIFI

No toothbrush, razor in the room. Can get only upon request. Heater was broken. Breakfast are quite poor.

Gym is ok, even it lacks freeweights.

• Superior Room

Smell in the lobby or at the reception

• Superior Room

the outside of the hotel (facade) looks like old Russian style

everything was very good - price in the highest end for this kind of accommodation

• Superior Room

Breakfast was good but expected more variety. Very easy to get to the city center.

• Superior Room

Luxury very large bed and a great selection of quality food and drinks for breakfast.

• Family Room

It didn’t have toothbrush for my son !!!only for two persons!!!!

The Breakfast was perfect .

Pillows were too soft