Reviews of Hotel Windsor This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Grafenberger Allee 36, Düsseltal, 40237 Düsseldorf, Germany

#14 of 197 hotels in Düsseldorf

Very elegant small hotel with spacious rooms and excellent breakfast!
    • Business Double Room

I took the "business double" and was pretty surprised how spacious was the room actually, and there was a door to the garden outside! The breakfast was superb, one of the best I ever had. My room was very elegant and stylish. It is a pity I stayed only for 1 night. I would like to come back and enjoy the same room for a week.

great stay for shopping on the Kö
    • Business Double Room

Mattress could have been better, intermittent wifi not useful in our room.

Perfect location to hop on the underground two stops to the center, perfectly clean room, good parking, perfect new bathroom, dead quiet room, did not know there were many more guests....

I wish I could’ve stayed here longer. The staff were quite helpful and I fell in love with the decor
    • Superior Single Room

My room was spacious and beautifully furnished. I enjoyed having access to a little courtyard garden and having my own fireplace. For dinner I was recommended a nearby brewery where I could try some savory altbier and schnitzel. The breakfast spread at the hotel was full of delicious local specialties, so it was a great chance to try new things. There were so many kinds of meats, cheeses, yogurts, and vegetable dishes. My scrambled eggs were made to order and were excellent. Not to mention that the dining room was also exquisitely appointed. I forgot to bring an outlet adapter but the staff graciously provided one for me to use during my stay. The WiFi was also provided on a secured network.

Good breakfast. The lady in charge was very friendly and helpfull.
    • Business Double Room

Wifi did not work for 3 days in our room. 70 stairs to walk to our room. No lift. Due to the roof, our room on the 3rd floor had an inclined ceiling. And it was quite hurting...

very bad hotel,unwelcome people and unfriendly stuff...
    • Business Double Room

very bad hotel,unwelcome people and unfriendly stuff specially the person at the night shift talking with the guest at rued way and impolite person,also the hotel is very old still with old furniture, the hotel don not have lifts so you have to carry your baggage to the third or the fourth floor by your self ,for me I have bad remembrance because unfortunately my room was at the fourth floor, I had to take my baggage up and down in a hard way, even the stairs was very narrow,I advice to all not to try this hotel any more.

perfect for a short city stop

maybe some smaller tables in the breakfast room - and for foreign visitors a simple user guide to the very complicated public transport system!

nice period property on a busy road - but right by the overland station or the trams - but hotels is quiet inside - the odd rumble from a passing train in the night but not enough to bother any but the lightest sleeper. Rooms nice size and very clean. Nice breakfast buffet and eggs cooked to order! Free - speedy wifi too - difficult to fault and for the price excellent value. Some great bars and restaurants within a few stops on the tram

Brilliant apart from one rude lady .
    • Business Double Room

We were on the top floor and there was no elevator. We arrived early in the morning and were allowed to drop off our bags. We were given directions and tips on the city by a nice gentleman. We filled in the paper work and left to explore the city. When we arrived back in the evening we were greeted by a very unpleasant lady. She seemed to think we provided a false address, as in Ireland people don't have a postcode. When we checked in we provided all our details and they would have also had our details as we booked online. This lady really upset my pregnant wife as she was quite insistent that we were not being truthful. It's a shame that this lady was so rude and didn't even apologise when she knew we were truthful. All the other staff were so nice and helpful.

Very good location and rail line just outside the door. Room spacious and comfortable. All but 1 staff member very friendly.

Truly brilliant hotel and service - old world European/British charm - lovely classical paibrings.

Nothing - excellent

Excellent service - very friendly and helpful staff. Brilliant breakfast. Very easy to get to from Airport on S11 train - just a short walk from the station.

Excellent service from all the staff from always on hand if...
    • Business Single Room

Excellent service from all the staff from always on hand if needed, Breakfast lots of choice from cereal to fried food , anyone traveling to Dusseldorf I would highly recommend this hotel

Great location: 1 min to train station, 0.
    • Business Double Room

no safe case in the room, we were stay on the top floor (room No.26), the pressure in the shower was weak, and water always changed from hot to cold imminently, like in the contrast shower

Great location: 1 min to train station, 0.5 min to tram stop, very close to the center, excellent hospitality at the hotel, really delicious breakfasts and very polite stuff, very clean everywhere at the hotel, nice boutique hotel and atmosphere in English style of Windsor:) As also, I will recommend one really-really good restaurant with Greek cuisine (Kytara), two blocks from the hotel approx.

It is a charming old-style hotel with a lot of character,...

Television had only German channels, no international networks. And the twin beds had two individual sheets instead of one large for two adults. It is no big deal but some tall people could wake up with their feet uncovered.

It is a charming old-style hotel with a lot of character, very unlike the usual hotel chains. The room was spacious and comfortable, and the breakfast was very good for the price. Location is near enough the center for those not minding a short walk, but the tram stop is located in front of the hotel. Personnel was very nice and helpful.

Nice location to visit Dusseldorf close to S-bahn

The breakfast room is not big enough to host all guests. Moreover, there is definitely not enough staff on a Sunday morning to take care of the check outs and the breakfast.

The room was very nice, but not yet ready when we arrived (after 14:00).

Good!

We booked a double room through Booking.com, which was recorded as a single room at check-in. No elevator. No refrigerator.

Clean Room & Antique Furniture

Best Hotel in Düsseldorf

Parking is a real nightmare

The nicest place in Düsseldorf Very nice staff, delicious breakfast Comfy rooms and public transportation just in front of the house free WiFi

Staff very friendly when called them later searching for a...
    • Business Double Room

There is no wifi on the 4th floor although they have installed a wifi extender.

Staff very friendly when called them later searching for a lost jacket.

We could check in earlier without any problem.
    • Business Double Room

We could check in earlier without any problem. That was nice, because we came to see the Tour the France, which started during the check-in times given on their website. We also could leave our luggage which was was brought to our room.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

True Hospitality with a capital H

True hospitality - staff went the extra mile and on a pro- active basis. Spacious room with thoughtful little extras showing attention to detail to matters.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

An excellent city centre Hotel, with charm and style. Great links to aeroport & city centre.
    • Business Double Room

There was nothing wrong with the hotel...... book it in complete confidence, you wont be disappointed.

The staff were excellent and went out of their way to help & advise us. The rooms were amazing and really comfortable and the breakfasts were outstanding. We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Dusseldorf. "Well done !"

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

nice decor, quiet room,

Room seemed to be smaller than expected, to get eggs for breakfast you have to be among the first guests having breakfast, otherwise they are gone,

nice decor, quiet room,

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Beautiful old town house.
    • Business Double Room

No lift. As it's a town house if you're on 3rd floorthere are a lot of stairs. Only 1 room on ground so if anyone has mobility issues you will need to request this

Beautiful old town house. V close to tram and train stop but not prettiest area a little way out of old town

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Hassle, hassle, hassle!
    • Business Double Room

I booked the hotel for a friend who was visiting, so I didn't actually stay at the hotel. But I did pay for it and help him to check in. Check in was surprisingly complicated, as the attendant (who was impatient with our lack of German, and otherwise unfriendly) could not understand that I was paying for the guest, which created unfortunate confusion and complications at check in. But not in a funny way, as the attendant was grim and kept raising his voice, as though shouting would enable us to understand the German better. The attendant kept insisting on addresses and signatures but was unclear on who needed to be signing, given the payee and guest were different, and then eventually we both filled out paperwork to end the confusion. Further, even though I had booked a room with breakfast through booking.com, the hotel charged my friend 20 euros the next morning for breakfast, arguing that even though I had booked a room with breakfast, I only paid the attendant the price of the room. This statement was incorrect, as the receipt from the hotel clearly showed that I had paid for the full value of the room with breakfast. A very easy fact to verify. When I called to have the situation rectified, the attendant --rather than remedy the problem--asked that I explain everything in a detailed email. So, I drafted an email, attaching the confirmations and demanding reimbursement of the breakfast charges. Ultimately, the owners emailed me the next morning, apologizing for the confusion and the behavior of the attendant who had instructed me to put everything in writing. While I appreciated the apology, the overall experience was just a hassle and customer service was non existent, if not outright unpleasant. There are better hotels in the area, where you will be treated better. There is no point in subjecting yourself to this kind of silliness. Plus, as I understand it from my friend, the bedding was inadequate.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Delightfully quirky hotel

there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room

Staff were very helpful; suite was more than I expected and very comfortable; breakfast was very good

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Good
    • Business Double Room

Receptionist do not speak english, no good attention at all... And NO ELEVATOR!!!

Rooms very clean and confortable, excellent bathrooms, well located

Great for business travellers depending on where your client is in the city.
    • Business Double Room

An oasis in a city of standard hotels.

Staff and facility are perfect

Far from the city center

Staff and facility are perfect

Very hospitable people, real old school service!
    • Business Double Room

Very hospitable people, real old school service!

Highly recommended hotel in central Dusseldorf

Comfortable rooms, great breakfast, friendly staff, secure parking and central location with tram stop in front of hotel.

Great staff, comfortable and clean.

Great staff, comfortable and clean. Lovely breakfast and service.

The hotel is clean, my room was so nice, and the breakfast...
    • Business Single Room

The hotel is clean, my room was so nice, and the breakfast is amazing.

Well decorated and clean.
    • Superior Single Room

There is no elevator and if you have heavy laugage you can have trouble

Well decorated and clean. Breakfast is good.

Very near the S-baun which goes to the airport and the...

Very near the S-baun which goes to the airport and the U-baun which goes into town.

A real gem of a place, gorgeously furnished.
    • Business Single Room

This is a gorgeous hotel with the most lovely furniture. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It is a real joy to stay here.

The lady at the reception/breakfast was wonderful.
    • Business Double Room

The lady at the reception/breakfast was wonderful. She made such a beautiful breakfast

Great location in a very unique hotel. Friendly staff and good breakfast.
    • Business Single Room

Shower would turn randomly cold for a few seconds while showering.

Super location, great staff and beautiful rooms.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and good location.

Staff, breakfast, location

Classic hotel

Classic hotel

The room was spacious and well cleaned.
    • Business Single Room

A room for breakfast was a bit small and difficult to find a seat...

The room was spacious and well cleaned.

Convenient.
    • Superior Single Room

Good location for public transport . Nice cafes nearby . Quiet at nightime .

absolute fantastic breakfast!

absolute fantastic breakfast!

Great little hotel
    • Business Double Room

Breakfast was great and the staff of the hotel is very nice and helpful.

Great for short business trips
    • Superior Single Room

Location close to city means sometimes noisy and lots of crowds of all types.

Cosy enough for business trip

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Very nice building.

Wi-Fi connection was intermittent

Very nice building. Spacious room. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Very close to S-Bahn station (Wehrhahn)

excellent stay
    • Superior Single Room

place is so original, staff doing extraordinary job to make you feel welcomed

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Nice location easy to find

Nice location easy to find

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Great hotel for the city centre
    • Business Double Room

Lovely rooms and great breakfasts

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Very nice small boutique hotel

Very good breakfast. Personnel always very nice and available.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Alles was prima in orde

Alles was prima in orde

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Very quite and nice room.
    • Business Double Room

Very quite and nice room. The breakfast was excellent and the staff really very kind and professional.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Fabulous hotel
    • Business Double Room

Excellent friendly staff, tasteful design, extremely comfortable, excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

The staff are friendly, the rooms are well kept and the...

It are a lot of stairs to the top floor, but you can get help with your luggage. I don't mind the stairs but be ready for them.

The staff are friendly, the rooms are well kept and the little touches like a small cake in the room are very welcome. Great transport links. Tram stop outside and train station over the road.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2016

The bed was excellent!

It is a little far from town. 30 walk... No problem getting in, annoying when walking back drunk...

The bed was excellent! 4 quick stops from the Airport, Easy on and off the S-Bahn!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

Staff is quite kind

The worst hotel experience over 15 years travaling worldiwide. The owner of the hotel is the worst person i ever seen in my life. Always want to cheat you. I booked one room according images from the site. When i ask him Who posted photos he said he is. I said why I got another room he said it was just example. I booked apartment with 2 rooms inside. But got only one small room. He said if I complain more he will call to police to kick me out. I am highly not recommend to stay this hotel. If you search in the Internet you will find similar experience about the hotel. Owner is cheater and not honest man.

Staff is quite kind

• Reviewed: 4 June 2015

If you enjoy boutique type hotel with miniature size showers, small beds, low ceilings, 3 flights of stairs, nightmare parking not on the facility, only German speaking staff & uncomfortable, than this is the hotel for you. I had a lot of misunderstanding because I do not speak German. Frankly it is very overstated and I don’t see the value.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

Breakfast, easy check-in,beautiful appointments.

Our noisy door slammed every time we closed it (room 10).

Breakfast, easy check-in,beautiful appointments. Floor to ceiling windows with electric blackout shades.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

A very good standard of hotel.

A very good standard of hotel. Grand and stylish but small and friendly at the same time. Friendly staff and a good location next to both tram and train stops.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

Ambiance I guess was quite nice, sort of old English...

Very noisy location - right opposite a main raiway station, on a big road with tram lines. Tiny room under the roof, no lift. The elderly lady at the reception made no attempt to hide her contempt, well pretty much as soon as she realised I was foreign. She was perfectly nice and smily serving a german lady before me... So I guess that was the only explanation. I asked at the stage of booking for a quiet room, I was not surprised at all when I was placed in the nosiest room in the hotel facing raiway station and tram lines. I asked if it would be possible to change the room as I couldnt open the windows because of the noise. I was told that I am now "in a big city and people do not open windows in big cities. there is nothing she could do for me". I clearly made an impression of somebody who was raised in a jungle and in need to be shown their place. Well there are plenty of nice hotels in Dusseldorf I do not think i will inflict this unpleasentness on myself again.

Ambiance I guess was quite nice, sort of old English elegance which was a sharp contrast with the rude and unhelpful reception staff.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2016

They don't have WiFi (wireless) at the rooms, such as...

They don't have WiFi (wireless) at the rooms, such as they say. Moreover, not everyone speaks english there.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Friendly staff.

Friendly staff. Stylish decor. Good location. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2015

Very nice breakfast.

Very nice breakfast. Very good location. Very clean & comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Nice staff, excellent breakfast.

Nice staff, excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

everything was excellent.

everything was excellent. the staff was very helpful, the room was very clean. I strongly recommend Windsor Hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Pleasant atmoshpere

A little bit expensive

Pleasant atmoshpere Friendly staff Excellent breakfast Good location Cosy room

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

Beautiful hotel!

Beautiful hotel!I will come back for sure!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2015

Friendly stuff

Friendly stuff Clean rooms Excellent location

• Reviewed: 29 January 2015

Delicious breakfast

Cushion was too thin and the duvet was a bit small

Delicious breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 January 2015

Nicely furnitured rooms, coffee and tea available all the...

Nicely furnitured rooms, coffee and tea available all the time free of charge, reception also works 24 h.

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.