Reviews of Wittelsbacher Hof This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Prinzenstraße 24, 87551 Oberstdorf, Germany

#31 of 36 hotels in Oberstdorf

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was very clean with a nostalgic feel. The bathrooms were very modern. Lovely spa area. Fantastic views. We can't wait to go back!

A quiet, unfussy, comfortable place to enjoy the German Alps.
    • Single Room with Balcony

There was some miscommunication that I requested vegan options for breakfast. Fixed on the second day.

Very accomodating staff, met expectations - German style, cleanliness, bedlinens all what I expected from a hotel in the German Alps. Really a nice, quiet place to stay without a lot of fuss.

Great location - peaceful, and with beautiful views.
    • Single Room with Balcony

I found the bed a little too firm, so I did not sleep as well as I would have liked. The staff were polite but I was not really made to feel at ease, as I struggled to ask questions in my poor German.

Beautiful location. My room had a lovely view of the mountains. There was a small outdoor pool in a peaceful garden. I got a bit of a reduction because I booked late, so the stay was good value for money.

Very comfortable Oberstdorf hotel. Ideal for E5
    • Double Room with Balcony and Mountain View

I stayed here overnight before starting the E5 transalpine trek to Verona. I flew from London to Munich then got the train to Oberstdorf. A couple of changes between Munich airport and my destination but easy. The people in the hotel are lovely and my room was very comfortable. Evening meal and breakfast all fine. As a bonus the hotel is actually on the E5 route! It's unlikely I shall be here again simply because I shall probably never return to Oberstdorf but I would certainly recommend the place.

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed.
    • Single Room with Balcony

Just a little bit far from train station (nevertheless still perfectly walkable from train station). Wifi access was not trouble-free.

Very lovely hotel with good facility. View from room balcony was also magnificent. Biggest pleasant surprise was the breakfast, which was full of appetizing food served by friendly staff.

Very comfortable beds

Very comfortable beds

Very nice stay, clean, good breakfast.

Pool could be warmer, water was very cold.

Very nice stay, clean, good breakfast.

A pleasant surprise for excellent value
    • Single Room with Balcony

Really friendly family business. Excellent value for a short business stop-over

Good
    • Double Room with Balcony and Mountain View

Decor

Window sauna Pool Balcony Breakfast selection

Old fashioned hotel with nice views.

It's quite old fashioned.

Views from hotel are amazing. It's very well located. Breakfast was average.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Breakfast had nice selection.

Even though the breakfast had lot of choice.....it was not appealing due to the service staffs (few ) grumbling face. Breakfast serving staffs should treat all the guest with equal importance......there was no smile on their face...we felt as if we were the uninvited guest.

Breakfast had nice selection. Pool was nice. Hotel management was nice...but not all staff..!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Bother the lady in the reception with a lot of questions.

One of the ladies in the reception acted as I where a fly in her soup when we arrived at the hotel. I did not like their butler. I was told that he could speak english, but refused to do it. Please don't correct your staff members while your client is listening

Bother the lady in the reception with a lot of questions. One of the waiters, an englishman from Canterbury, saved our stay just by beiing a very nice guy

• Reviewed: 23 March 2015

The hotel is 3 minutes walk from the centre of Oberstdorf...

The hotel is 3 minutes walk from the centre of Oberstdorf and very close to the cable cars if you want to go on top of the mountains. Impressive views from the balcony and the service is very good!

• Reviewed: 11 February 2015

Clean

The deluxe rooms might be nice but the normal rooms are rather cheap and drab. I would never visit again for the price we paid. The extra bed was actually a flattened sofa that was not comfortable. It was shoved into the corner against two windows.

Clean Nice breakfast.

There are also 5 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Wittelsbacher Hof traveller photo gallery