Reviews of Leonardo Hotel Wolfsburg City Center This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Rathausstr. 1, 38440 Wolfsburg, Germany

#16 of 30 hotels in Wolfsburg

So so.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

But the sound insulation of the room is not good. The other issue is there is no additional bedding and mattress prepared although we have informed the hotel that we have a 8 year kid thru mail.

The breakfast is great. The staff is very nice.

Nice hotell.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Must pay to park. Vending machines on bottom floor need "german id-card" to give u a beer. Machines on other floors didnt have that function thankfully.

Nice hotell. Nice staff. Very nice rooms.

Great stay in spacious room on extra wide comfy bed and rich breakfast, helpful receptionist
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very friendly helpful reception staff, refreshing cold water grapefruit water at reception and coffe. rooms extra more spacious and single beds extra wide- great!! :-) lovely interior design in bar/ restaurant/ entry hall. Rich breakfast with coffee in flask on the table- super!! :-)

lov
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The beds weren't very comfortable but they are renovating the hotel so this may change.

The staff were lovely and the food excellent. We had lovely breakfast every morning and dinner on one evening. Nice indoor pool and great location.

Friendly and beautiful hotel, bathrooms need work but hospitality was excellent !
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bathrooms need improvement toilets struggled to flush every time used and the bathroom/shower were difficult to get in and out of, the bottom of the tub was narrow and slippery

The rooms were spacious, it had a pool, and the breakfast was delicious!

good location.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

limited parking - need to pay extra 13euro for the parking which I thought already included in the room price.

good location. walking distance to city centre.

The pool was great for my 11 year old.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The pool was great for my 11 year old. The hotel is currently under renovation which didn’t affect our stay at all but the staff were very conscious of possible inconvenience.

The breakfast is very nice, I love the pancakes very much!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No more parkplatz in front of the hotel....

The breakfast is very nice, I love the pancakes very much! The room is big and clean. The bar is fantastic!

Good stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Missing a mini bar and refrigerator.

The service. People were absolutely nice and helpful. The location near the Congress park was definitely a plus.

Good, affordable hotel for a family holiday stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Parking limited so may need to park in underground car park behind hotel.

Great breakfast, comfortable good sized rooms. Quiet location even though in town. Short drive to Autostadt 😀

Great place, convenient walking distance to everything. Highly recommend!
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Nothing negative, I was very impressed with everything. I would stay there again.

The hotel was great for visiting Wolfsburg. It's next door to an art museum and right next to the shopping district. Easy walk to many restaurants. There was plenty of outdoor parking, which was free, and there was an indoor pool which was well maintained. Of note, I found that it was cheaper to buy the breakfast at the hotel and than pre-pay with booking.com because at the hotel they didn't charge anything for my son to eat. Glad I didn't pre-pay for it.

Very comfortable hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room was excellent, very comfortable and good facilities. There is still building work going on (they give a free drink voucher to compensate) but I found this in no way convenient. I traveled by train and it is about a 15 minute walk (through a pedestrianized shopping district) from the main station. Breakfast was good. I also ate dinner in the restaurant and found this to be excellent.

Great hotel with an excellent customer service! We had a brilliant time!

Nothing. It's perfect!

Leonardo Hotel Wolfsburg City Center provides an ideal get-away for my wife, our two young children and I. We didn't hear any noise during our time there. The staff members are excellent; friendly and professional. They welcome us with a smile and they're great with our children throughout our stay. I hope the manager is looking after his/her staff members. They deserve it and they should be seen as a big plus. The room is good although we would have loved wider windows. But it's roomy, clean and has all the facilities that we need. Our children love the swimming pool, even swimming three times daily! The food is good; a wide variety at breakfast and dinner is also tasty. And the complimentary drinks are a bonus. The WIFI works perfectly throughout the hotel. The hotel is next door to the Kunsthalle and Planetarium Wolfsburg. We actually saw a great children show at the Planetarium and also went walking in the woods by the Planetarium. You may want to go walking in that wood for some exercise. We had a brilliant time at the hotel, so much so that my children said they want to stay there next time for ten days! I don't know about that, but that's a testament to how much they love the time they spent at Leonardo Hotel Wolfsburg City Center. I'll recommend this for parents and non-parents alike.

Superb - we will be back - immer gerne wieder!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Great hotel. Top location nr. the Planetarium & Kunstmuseum (which is also highly recommendable), breakfast was absolutely superb. The children loved the swimming pool in particular! Nice touch the staff sent me my mobile phone adapter (which I forgot in the room, as usual) to UK - for free! Not all hotels do this. Will definitely choose the hotel again next time I visit my parents!

Very good hotel, would stay again.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bed is a bit too soft. (There is renovation in progress, but it had no effect on.my stay.)

Big clean room, excellent breakfast (rich selection of cheeses, sosages, salmon, veggies, chefs making custom omelets, veggies, pastries, fruit etc), , good WiFi, nice amenities including high quality lipgloss, great shower, good lighting and magnifying mirror in the bathroom, robe and slippers, central light switch at the bed. And I got 2 welcome drink vouchers ! And the window can be opened, which for me is very important.. Walking destance from acommercial center with.a variety of shops and restaurants.

Standard hotel, building and rooms as of the late 50ies.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Construction all over, old building, old rooms - just like from the 50ies.

Central location, standard beds, standard food, friendly staff, standard meals, all just good standard.

the location was perfect as I was visiting the museum nearby;
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

nothing wrong with this hotel; the staff shoud perhaps have better information availbale on the train strike on the day I left

the location was perfect as I was visiting the museum nearby; the room was comfortable and spacious; personnel very helpful

Perfect hotel for Volkswagen business.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Not really suitable for tourists. Wolfsburg is one of the most boring cities I ever experienced. More boring is just Köping in Sweden. I just come there for VW business.

Perfect hotel for Volkswagen business. Temporarily under construction. very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast is outstanding.

The stay would be more convenient after hotel renovation
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

- crowded lobby - inconsistent water shower - thin pillow - the renovation is on-going

- Location is walk distance to city center - Spacious room and bathroom - Clean room

One night stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I was on floor with running reconstruction. No minibar in the room. Someone may dislike the parking fee €13.

Modern, comfort and spacious rooms with free Wi-Fi. Swimming pool. I've enjoyed the breakfast, plenty of choice.

Would come back!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

They are currently renovating so a bit messy and when going to bed the people next door was watching TV and we could here everything in our room.

Great location, excellent staff and good food.

Only hotel available in Wolfsburg due to Hannover fair.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Not flexible in bookings, if you booked for two days, you could not change to one day even one week before.

Only hotel available in Wolfsburg due to Hannover fair. Free drinks due to construction work.

Unadvised Construction on going and no refund despite one day earlier check out
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Dont go for it! The hotel is currently under renovation and you cant relax nor sleep during the day due to loud construction noises. This is not informed in advance, which is a complete disrespect to the guest, who is paying and won't be able to enjoy basic rights in a hotel while on vacation. I checked in in the evening and then booked an additional night in the next morning, before realising how bad it was. I have then decided to leave the hotel and until I found another place to stay, the check out was done at 7 pm. When I explained to the hotel that I was leaving and asked for the second night to be refunded, as I wouldn't be staying, the hotel refused to return my money and even to charge the equivalent for the 5 hours I had stayed. I suppose even a half day charge would be too much, considering that my early checkout happened due to a problem caused by the hotel. I don't usually go on vacation and pay for hotels in order to hear constructions noises. It is unacceptable! And more unacceptable That hotel had no decence to refund my money or to even charge less, considering I didn't even stay.

GOOD BUSINESS HOTEL
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel is refurbished currently, creating some disruption. Especially, no way to eat in. But there were places open at the beginning of the pedestrian zone just around the corner.

Close to the centre of town and convenient for a business stay.

NEVER AGAIN
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a building site, dusty and noisey. Hairs in the Bathroom. Missing bed side table. No coffee in the room then attitude from reception when we asked for some

Breakfast was good

One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.

Double room for 179 euros I expect better ! would not recommend this hotel

I know they are having refurbishment work but there is no need for rude staff !! Took an hour to get into the car park and checked in. Our room was an executive and it was rather basic.

no that exciting.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Old, a bit shabby bathrooms with small showers in small bath tubs. Cleaning the breakfast tables is done by wiping the bread crumbs etc. simply to the floor. Coffee machine was not very clean.

Friendly staff at reception Beds (wide enough Queens size) but too soft

For nice stay in Wolfsburg. 2 nice sights for family

No free parking

All was good. On-going construction works nearby, but this was treated professionally. Close to Autostadt and Phaeno. This is an advantage for the family trip. Thanks.

Staff was very helpful.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Ongoing renovations complicate things and there was slight smell of cigarettes in the bathroom even though it's non-smoking hotel

Staff was very helpful.

Great place to stay,
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

With hotel under refurbishment,constant drilling from workforce with hotel lobby having a constant flow of workers passing through

Great selection for breakfast along attentive staff

Indoor pool, nice bar at the premises.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Lighting in the room, and the fact that the door didn't stay open when dragging suitcase into the room or out - makes for a bit of a difficult excercise keeping door open whilst doing this.

Indoor pool, nice bar at the premises.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Comfortable, reasonably priced hotel with good access to the town centre after a few mins walk
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No parking onsite as it was busy and partly a construction site (which wasnt made clear in any way before we arrived).

Very comfortable room although a little dated. Currently building works going on to add an extra wing to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

we ate dinner at the restaurant.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

we ate dinner at the restaurant. The food was delicious but most importantly our waiter- I believe is first name was Urke was amazing! He was so nice and accommodating. We really liked him. We were tired and hungry after such a long trip that we were grateful for his pleasant attitude. He is an asset to that hotel. The location was great. We went to the Autostadt the next day. It was very close. I highly recommend this hotel.

Decent hotel, friendly staff.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

If you come from the town center, entrance is not very obvious. You need to walk around to get in, bit painful. It is about 15/20 mins walking distance from the main station.

Hotel room is good size and clean. Breakfast is good value for money. There is lot of new building work going around and because of that hotel offered a free drink of our choice for each person. The bar/restaurant is very cozy and smooth music.

we get this hotel with some discount , very happy and satisfited .
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Parking (not enough spaces ) our bathroom design could be better (still midd of 90's)

friendly staff, very good breakfast and food in the bar. pool and sauna inc.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Fine for a one night stop-over
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The free Internet was so slow it was barely a connection at all. The location is not so central and there's not much nearby.

The Leonardo is a bit dated, but clean and comfortable enough. The late check out (11am) was welcome on a cold, wet, windy morning in April. There was renovation work going on, but I didn't hear it and got free drink vouchers as compensation. I got a good night's sleep.

The staff was very friendly and extra care was taken since...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Parking prices could have been less.

The staff was very friendly and extra care was taken since there was so much construction going on, we were offered free drinks in the bar. We really enjoyed this hotel and would recommend it for anyone visiting the Autostadt!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Nice hotel with huge potential
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The decor is very dated but is currently being updated. The dining options are limited. The ongoing construction work was off putting, however, there was suitable compensation by means of complimentary drinks and snacks. The parking arrangements are far from ideal - onsite parking is scarce and expensive.

The hotel was clean and well maintained. The staff were generally friendly. The leisure facilities are more than adequate.

Brilliant!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

With the building work going on the front door wasn't as easily accessible as it normally would have been. It wasn't really a problem though

Free minibar

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Faburous compliments
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Parking lot are small. It was disfficult to find a parking space.

There were many compliments of softdrink, beer and snack everyday. It was really good. Because I was no time to get them in daytime due to my business trip.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Enjoyable Weekend Break
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Problems with payments observed due to EFT terminals connection. Not a fault with staff, however makes customer anxious.

Great value for money, very clean and comfortable. Excellent facilities included in booking.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Nice hotel, will look better externally soon
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Could have been pre-warned about building works, carparking was a little stressful, workmen started 'working' at 7:30am

Very comfy, spacious rooms...

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Place was everything it should've been.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Internet kept asking to log in and provide ticket code etc. Guests should just expect free internet without the worry/hassle of being charged.

Place was everything it should've been. Price was a bit high but for last minute not bad.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Not as advertised.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Extremely disruptive building works around the hotel. Advertises parking but has none. Had to park vehicle some distance away with expensive equipment in it.

Very good localization and delicious breakfast

Small parking

Very good localization and delicious breakfast

correct
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

équipements un peu "old school"

l'espaces de la chambre, situation

Super friendly staff and many additional free amenities...
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Super friendly staff and many additional free amenities which made it just that much nicer to stay there

Great stay!

Everything is perfect!

it was very good breakfast!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

it was very good breakfast!!! fantastic!

Parking Space not enough

Parking Space not enough

The room was great, only the temperature was too high.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room was great, only the temperature was too high. The breakfast was really good and the staff was also very nice.

Entrance is hard to find

Entrance is hard to find

Excellent!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It was great, no delay and no troubles. The room was huge and quiet.

Good.

Nothing special.

The hotel receptionist was very kind. Breakfast is also good. There are variety of food.

Good location, comfortable room.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Weak wi-fi no mobile signal. Some part of the hotel is ugly style

Good location, comfortable room.

Huge comfort.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Breakfast. Lots of choice and smiling staff.

Friendly staff , clean accomidation

Friendly staff , clean accomidation

Perfect location, but ratio price for money low.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Parking spaces and temperature in the room.

Good hotel with many nice rooms. Here you can always find a room for your stay.

No minibar in the room.

Breakfast, room cleanliness, staff. Renovated room.

VW city Wolfsburg
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

They have somehow renewed the rooms but they still look old

Location , big rooms

Friendly staff
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Currently under renovation. Very expensive.

Friendly staff

Extremely helpful and friendly staff!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Extremely helpful and friendly staff!!

Talons for free alcohol, comfort, coziness room.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Restaurant was on reconstruction, impossible to have a food in the evening.

Talons for free alcohol, comfort, coziness room. Breakfast was good.

Ok
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Did not tell me it was going to be a building site full of workmen at mealtimes times

Good location close to town

Relaxing
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Staff were helpful and friendly. Building work was being undertaken staff put out pencils and paints for guest to decorate partition wall.

Everything was excellent.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Everything was excellent. Awesome pool.

Good for a short stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Bar was loud. Lighting too bright for a bar. Not very inviting.

Pool Close to town centre. Breakfast good

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Parking is not for free , even such area.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Parking is not for free , even such area.....

Swimming pool, water and food bowl provided for our dog.

Small bed for 2 adults

Swimming pool, water and food bowl provided for our dog. Close to VW Autostadt

Very warm room and the parking is awfull and costs 13.

Very warm room and the parking is awfull and costs 13.- euro

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Good place to visit to stay for a visit Autostadt
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Too many people for breakfast. Hard to find a seat

Good spacious rooms

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Excellent hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Room size, quality of beds and bathroom and the friendly staff throughout.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Spacious room and good hotel bars
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Expensive taxi from airport as trains had stopped running

Spacious room and good hotel bars

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Upgrade (free minibar), Kind service, located in city centre
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Bathroom could use some cosmetic repair, e.g. holder for toilet paper Not fixed.

Upgrade (free minibar), Kind service, located in city centre

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Amazing
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very nice hotel. 很棒的一个酒店!

Browse Leonardo Hotel Wolfsburg City Center traveller photo gallery