Reviews of Wyndham Berlin Excelsior

Hardenbergstr. 14, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10623 Berlin, Germany

#479 of 579 hotels in Berlin

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We asked twice during our three night stay to have the missing kettle replaced in our room, unfortunately this did not happen.

Great location, staff very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was very small, the bed situated too near the bedroom door and lift was just outside, could hear alot of noise from guests coming in and out of lift. I requested to get moved and the nice front desk manager did the best he could, moved me to a smaller room away from lift, even smaller room with dated carpet, poor air conditioning, was woken again at 5 am by a very loud German man next door, was very mad now. I must thank Pekka Parviainen on the front desk as he was very kind and friendly to me. He has a good way about him and deserves a promotion

• Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel is so bad it doesnt deserve a 4 star rating. The air conditioner wasnt working throughout the hotel it was very hot. The bed isnt very comfortable and the pillows are old. They keep knocking in the door at 9am until 11am for housekeeping and to check the bar if we have drink or eat anything. This did not made me sleep comfortable especially the hot temperature of the room becuase the aircon is not working. I have complained from front desk and was given a different room 12:30 midnight as i could not sleep at all, but even the room that they change is the same. Never ever book this hotel ever. You will regret it.

Nothings.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I stayed at this property 5 times before. 1----even though I had a copy of my reservation...the front desk clerk refused to look at it. It took him much to long to find my reservation...he was not friendly. Too long for check-in procedure. 2.----asked the front desk for a 5am wake-up call. Then had the clerk change it to 7 am. I saw him change it to 7 am on a piece of paper. I got the wake-up call 2 hours early (5 am). I rushed to the airport 2 hours early---I was NOT happy, especially I saw the clerk write 7 am!!!! The rooms are small. You had to take out the bottles of beer and soda if you wanted to put anything in the refrigerator. It was the smallest refrigerator I ever saw in a hotel.

I stayed at this property 5 times before. Great Location--just 5 minutes away from the main Zoo Station and buses to the airport, shopping and the Kurfurstendamm. The rooms have a safe deposit box and hot water machine. They have 4 computers near the front desk which is awesome...and free.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The whole place feels worn out and is a bit tatty. Double bed is two singles pushed together. Even the sheets are single! Towels are worn with holes. No shampoos given. Room is very small.

Location isn't too bad. Breakfast was good

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were quite rude and unhelpful. I had requested early check-in due to a very early flight and long travel time, but when I arrived I was told "it's only a request" and left to wait in the lobby for 1 hour. The receptionists changed halfway through this period and the first one had not told the second one that I was waiting for my room, so I had to wait another 40 minutes. I know it's a busy hotel, but a minimum courtesy would have been to acknowledge and apologise for the inconvenience and perhaps offer me a coffee. Instead they just looked at me like I was in their way. The room was clean but in quite poor condition. One of the cupboards had a broken handle, the walls were scuffed and dented and the furniture was scratched. The instant coffee was horrible and there was conditioner in the bathroom but no shampoo! Overall, this hotel's effort just seems a bit half-hearted. It seems like one of those hotels that does the minimum possible to keep things clean and comfortable - so your experience isn't bad, but not especially good either.

The bed was comfortable. The room faced the main road but was fairly quiet, thanks to good soundproof windows.

• Deluxe Double Room

I just have one issue and I feel it must be addressed - I am convinced that I did not get the room I paid for. On enquiry the staff advised that it was what I booked but the room did not face the courtyard but rather the car park, there we no gowns, no table and chair, no docking station (this was one of the reasons why we booked the hotel). Needless to say I had no energy to continue querying this as I had been doing this over two days after having checked in. I was told , "they were cleaning the room" and that's why table and chairs not there, etc etc. There was a conference being held and I am convinced that my room was substituted for conference delegates, but then the hotel management should stated this and charge less for the room they had given me. My credit card was debited prior to even arriving in Berlin so I do believe that I should have received what I paid for! Anyone booking should ensure that they get what they booked for. I have never had an experience like this before using Booking.com.

The property location is excellent. It is very near the U Bahn and S Bahn as well as busses etc. There are many attraction in the area which are within walking distance. The Zoological Gardens is a walk away. It is very safe to walk in the area. The staff were friendly. Check in was speedily executed. The room was clean and was serviced daily. A Nespresso Coffee machine is available in the room and this was most welcoming. We did not book breakfast at the restaurant as there are many places to eat in the vicinity of the hotel and wanted to try this option for a change. However we did had dinner on our last night - the restaurant is awesome!.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms didn’t live up to expectation at all. We had someone attempt to get into our room several times during the night. One being 3:30am.

Very quick response when phoning security regarding someone trying to get in the room.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff at front desk no confidence and when problems accured , they seemd annoyed to recover . The first room we had was terrible as the entire room flooded once I emptied the bath , the smell horrific , rushed downstairs still wet , we wear allocated the “ Harry Potter closet” for a replacement room .. not happy . Then allocated a triple room , upon entry the curtains were falling out of the railing , the carpet was so dirty, the closets and bins were not emptied from the previous guest , housekeeping in this hotelis horrendous.... the passage ways on each floor so neglected and poor looking ... dreadful .. they informed us the hotel is being renovated . I seriously recommend NOT to stay there until ALL renovations are completed

The reception area fresh , bar outside dining area fresh , breakfast dining and buffet great ..

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The cleaning didn’t live up to my expectations. The housekeeping didn’t leave a hand towel and didn’t fill the room up with new coffee. I called the front desk and there came a man (without hotel uniform) to the room with coffee without providing the toiletries that also asked for.

Serviceminded and helpful staff, easy and fast check in, nice rooms with a lot of space.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Tv didn't work, bathroom was dirty, paint falling off the walls, blinds kept the window from opening efficiently,house keeping bugged the room to much, was a hassle to check in.

The blinds worked good to keep the light out.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Too hot in the room, air conditioner didn't work properly and we had to ask twice before it has been changed. The other day we asked to change the linen on the bed and again the cleaning stuff ignored the request so we had to ask the guys at the reception to send someone.

Perfect location, close to subway and bus station. Located un the city senter so it's easy to get to all places you wanna see in Berlin. Stuff is super friendly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room is quite small, even though it was superior room. Plus the hotel seems a bit old and need some clean-up reconditioning, because the carpet in the corridor and walls in the room were stained. Air conditioning is old and noisy as well, at least in my room it was, I had to open the window to get some air instead.

Location is great, good WiFi, great staff, restaurant in the lobby

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Location ist perfect, near by bahnhof . The room is nice ! I got a nice view room. they have what i need the most : Safety box , Cattle to make hot water for tea/coffe, and hairdryer (a little bit old but still OK )

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The AC wasn't working and they said it won't be turned on until couple of days which wasn't convenient at all. However they compensated me with a free ride to the airport.

the hotel was nice, clean and the location is very nice.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It was plesent enough, room & bathroom were a little small, a little noisy in the mornings and housekeeping didn't seem to knock (or at least very loudly) before entering but it was nice enough, not sure I'd stay again but I didn't hate it.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The wifi was a disaster for me and others who were traveling in a group I was meeting up with.

Room was small but fine. Breakfast was very good (but expensive if you add the price separately). Check-in and check-out went smoothly and people were friendly. The location was good (for West-Berlin) and not far from the Zoo U-Bahn to easily get around.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

At the bar staff did not understand what drink I was after. Like having a shandy which is beer mixed with lemonade they didnot have or they didnot understand what I want I do not know but language was a problem surely.

I liked the location but room was very small and cleaning service was not as much as I expected . the rubbishes were left in the room after cleaning and the bed covers were not freshly changed everyday. No lotions and shampoos in the room I had to call everyday to give me some as you normally expect it to be in the room after cleaning .

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The noise outside the room, people late night and early morning . Distinct lack of soundproofing.

Location to the station, friendly and extremely helpful staff who answered all our queries. They recommended the local restaurants in Savignyplatz for evening meal. Bathroom door opened into the hallway and was separated from the area with the bed in it, mirror that ran the length of one wall. Coffee machine as well as a kettle and sachets. Earplugs were provided when we requested them.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Price for beer and food was very high and the rooms were basic. Nothing more then a travel lodge. For us it was very out the way of the places we wanted to visit and of we were to visit Berlin again we would stay more central. Over all I would give this hotel a 7/10

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Having two small, separate coverlets in a room with a big double bed /for a couple/ is pretty annoying. The restaurant's menu could have been better if offering bigger variety.

Great location, the bar offers nice cocktails, very pleasant restaurant balcony area.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Decor , TV , Staff attitude , staff smoking at front door, cost, bedding, Room service knocking on door at 9am.

Disappointed in the facilities and comfort in the room. No drawers for clothes and a TV out of date with zero English programmes. Double bed with a single quilt is silly and a mattress that needs replaced. The hotel is desperate for a modernisation. Unhappy the rate was reduced the day I arrived meaning my rate was nearly £100 more.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Quite frankly I find that the "breakfast" option to be paid on the spot costs way too much at 18Euro. That being said, they did have a really good variety of breakfast options.

The lobby bar is quite nice with good cocktails at reasonable prises; there's a metro connection very closes by, and a bus going to Tegel airport in about 300 meters from the hotel. Overall - a very nice hotel

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The carpet was heavily stained, didn't look like it had been cleaned. The king size bed was 2 singles put together and so it was extremely uncomfortable in the middle. Also, they only supplied us with single duvets (one each for a king size) which was quite odd. We may as well have had 2 single beds. Also the shower was never hot, it was just warmer than Luke warm which was quite disappointing.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

This hotel is the worst 4 star hotel I've been to.The room and bathroom were very much smaller compared to the pictures.The matress and pillows were not at all comfortable to sleep in, not at all a 4 star comfort standard.The housekeeping was the worst.the bathroom and the floor wasn't cleaned everyday.the bin wasn't emptied and the used dishes were not replaced.on top of all one thing was stolen from our room.so in total it was the worst hotel and I don't recommend it at all.it is not to a 4 star standard.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Two of the mid-age male staffs are terrible, No double bed option, they're just putting two twin beds together and can easily separate, Not really clean, even socks from previous customers under beds. Old floor making noises

Good location, fair price, With hair dryer, fridge, kettle, bathtub

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Sometimes, there were some stinky odors in the room, it was not optimal.

Hotel was alright. The neighborhood looks fine too, but we only stayed for a night. There was nice place nearby for breakfast, called die stulle.

• Deluxe Double Room

Very minor irritation . tv channel list did not relate to actual tv stations. Possible tampering by previous occupants of room.

Friendly staff . Very convenient location . Fourth visit because of above .

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Older equipment, in bath was rust, corners of walls were broken

Friendly staff, good accomodation, comfort beds, good manipulating with air condition, changing towels and bed co vers every day, comfortable rooms, friendly price

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The restaurant is tiny for hotel quests at breakfast time we have to sit down in the bar area.

The hotel building and the room is modern and comfortable.The staff is really kind and the breakfast is excellent.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The carpet in the corridor was dirty, dusty. Inside the first room I was allocated it had a stuffy,soggy smell from the carpet so bad that I had to ask my room to be changed. My impression was ruined after experiencing the above.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was really comfortable, clean and trendy. Only a short walk to the nearest train station to connect to the rest of the city. Staff excellent.

• Standard Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

Room was small. Shower did not have full glass. Bed was uncomfortable. First room given did not lock properly. Scary. Had to switch rooms. Halls were sort of clean. 2nd room had crack in ceiling and wall.

Staff was very nice. Lobby was nice.

• Standard Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

Room had walls made of paper, could hear everything in the next room. Also, I arrived at 9.50pm and asked if I could get something to eat and was told no because the dining room closed at 10pm.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The service was not good. The staff were not helpful when I said I got charged extra, took over 2 weeks to get it credited back!

The location was fantastic!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There was no gluten free bread available and staff didn't appear to know much about it. The bar waiter was very rude and hence didn't receive a tip on the first night. This made him more rude on the 2nd night - when his friends happened to be in as well. The bed was really uncomfortable and especially pillows. We called the desk and requested more pillows and were told that the staff had gone home for the day and we would have to wait for the following day and they would be put in our room when cleaning. This meant another bad nights sleep and the cleaning staff didn't put the pillows in as requested. Another call to reception and half an hour later the pillows arrived. Slept much better the final night.

The majority of staff were friendly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Reception staff was nice and helpful on check in. However, breakfast staff were not very helpful. I had booked B and B and on the first morning when I went down for breakfast and gave my room number I was told I would have to pay for breakfast as my room number wasn't on the list. When I explained the package included breakfast the worker just walked away without explanation. Another worker found my room number on the list and gave out to us for arriving down so last minute for breakfast.( We had been standing there a while, waiting for staff to come seat us and then find our room number). As we were flying out very early the morning of check out, I went down to pay the bill the night before we left. I payed using my card and the money went from my account when I checked the following day. However I also noticed the hotel had also frozen the amount of the bill on my account. I understand that this can be hotel policy at times but over a week later the amount in my account is still frozen and the hotel is not responding to my emails to update me on the issue. This is not satisfactory and would deter me from recommending the hotel to others.

Good Location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

The hotel looks a little worn out but I still like it. There is a theoretical huge choice of TV channels whilst in fact it's possible to watch almost only German channels.

Everytime I go to Berlin I go to this hotel as I like its breakfast and the possibility of booking it only when I need it. I find very practical the computers made available to clients in the lobby and the kettle in the room. The hotel is very conveniently located, near Kudamm, Zoo Palast, Bikini shopping center, U bahn etc.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The facilities are a little dated. For example, the bathroom was old and a little dingy for a 4 star hotel. The carpet is also old and has stains on it. The light fixtures such as bedside lamp was old and full of marks.

The location is very central and makes getting around Berlin easy, the staff were also very friendly and approachable.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very overcrowded at the weekend. Bigger food selection would be nice, but the quality was great.

Bar is great with lovely drinks and friendly staff, I recommend the lollipop cocktail. Comfy and super clean room.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Old building.You can hear every noise as walls of rooms are like carton. We couldn't close the window as lock was broken. If you don't speak German TV is useless.

Bed was not bad :) Receptionists were helpful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room is relative small also the bath. The services dont have a huge variety

In a really good location easy to reach. The employees were kind and helpfull. The beds are absolute confi

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The facilities weren’t finished to the quality advertised/expected. The finish of the room and hotel interior were of a lower quality than expected/advertised.

Brilliant location for traveling via public transport, easily accessible. Friendly and welcoming staff, who are happy to help.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I was on executive level, curtains were broken - not able to close totaly, service: on Friday after saying 3 times that I did not need room service (needed to check out ) they just entered my room while I was in the bathroom! Unacceptable!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Close to old city centre, walking distance to Brandenburg Tor and several other points of interest. Easy transportation to other areas of interest in Berlin.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We received room with one bed instead 2 separated beds, as we previously requested.

There was a problem with the room but the staff solved it very quickly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We stayed three nights and each night we had to change rooms because the bathtub would leak water and flood the bathroom which would spill into the bedroom. The inconvenience of changing rooms meant I left my favourite shoes behind but the hotel staff said they would post the shoes back to me in england. The staff were very helpful and polite and valued for money was great at this hotel. The night staff gave us a voucher for free drinks at the bar which was nice. The location was also brilliant.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There were no ceiling lights in the main part of the room where the bed was, only lamps. They advertised that they had sky tv in every room - we didn't think it was working so we called reception and they informed us that they only had 1 channel available (skysports). The appliances were outdated. We paid for a 'superior room' but the rooms were a lot smaller than we expected. More like a normal hotel room.

Bed was comfy and our bed was made and towels replaced daily. Great location, close to U and S Bahns.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I’ve booked this hotel with breakfast. When I checked in, I asked the receptionist that when can we have the breakfast, and the answer was I have to pay for that because it’s not included in. Then I said that I’ve booked it with breakfast and show her the confirmation paper, she got embarrassed and said: ‘Okay, I’ll check it’. I wanted to pay the bill on the first day and gave my credit card to the receptionist who did the transaction, I’ve got the sms in immediately that 150€ was taken from my account. When I’ve checked out on the last day another receptionist was in charge. I gave him the room cards and he sad I have to pay the bill. I informed him that I’ve done it on the first day already and show him the SMS about the transaction. Then he just gave the invoice for me without any apology. The last negative was when I’ve asked for breakfast box according to my early flight and said they can’t give me because there is nobody in the kitchen (approx. 3PM!!), I should have to indicate it in the morning... So I paid 15€ for NOTHING...I’ve never experienced such a thing in my life. I felt that they just want to rip off me all the time.

The location of the hotel is fantastic. S and U Bahn stations can be reached in 3-4 minutes. The room was clean and cosy.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I was a bit disappointed that breakfast wasn’t included in the price. When I was booking the room, it seemed as if it were, the way it was worded. I would have paid extra for breakfast but €18 per person per day is a bit expensive.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, especially great as we don’t speak the language well.

• Standard Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

Great location and excellent breakfast. The hotel is perfect, so clean and everything is very well arranged. They changed our towels every day even though we were only for three days. I would definetely come back again.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It was boiling in the room and I found the thermostat too late- it was set to 30 degrees!

Staff very friendly. David Lynch-esque hotel corridors! I ate in the restaurant and it was really good. Excellent for a lone female traveller.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel in general was ok. Staff were polite but not at all friendly especially on check in. Rooms were ok in size however the double bed had two single duvets which confused me along with very uncomfortable pillows. I had a bath one night and when I let out the plug to drain away the water it came back up the drain in the middle of the floor and flooded the bathroom. The smell from the drain was awful.

The bar area was comfortable although a little pricey but a lovely place to sit and have a drink after a long day siteseeing. The location was great. Few minutes walk to S & U Bahn

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Needs to be decorated - everywhere is very worn (carpets / paint work etc.) Carpet round the edges of my room had obviously not been cleaned for a while which was not so comfortable to see. Staff friendly and breakfast good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very nice staff, had no issues with the room or cleanliness, excellent location. The hotel does need a makeover-it's not nearly as nice as other Wyndham properties because of this. That being said-this was still a very good experience.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The area wasn’t what we expected. We were further away from the tourist attractions that we wanted to see. Even though the information supplied on Booking.com says there’s lively bars and restaurants near by, there was not. So we never really got to experience that side of it. The television is only in German! They advertise Sky tv but then only channel in English is the BBC News. I don’t believe it was Sky tv because the remote was a standard television remote. There was no menu so see what was on. There was no subtitles available. And the number of channels available suggests it was free view.

The hotel was clean. And the German markets were within walking distance. There was a good variety of reasonable priced clothes shops near by.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

*) Room was half the size advertised *) Soap ran out first day. Was not replaced. *) Receptionist was unfriendly *) Couldn't pay with my card which I was able to use everywhere else in Berlin with no issues. Had to pay in cash which was very inconvenient. *) It is an old people hotel... everyone was old... like 50+ *) Poor breakfast selection in the morning buffet. Dubai's Wyndham buffet is much better.

Great location. Ok pricing. Nothing to write home about. Just a clean bed to crash and clean bathroom to take a hot shower (even if there was no enough soap)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The check in lady at the hotel reception on our arrival was unfriendly. She didn’t acknowledge our presence and even ignored my questions. It was rude and disrespectful. We arrived on 27-Dec-17 at 5.00 pm and she was the only one at the reception desk. It was not even busy.

The room was small but newly renovated and clean. The location is fantastic with everything being so close to the hotel

No complaints.

Good location, excellent service, good advice re: restaurants nearby and travel to the airport. Amazing food in the restaurant, I would return just for that.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The main light in the room didn't work and it would have been better if the rooms were sound proofed.

Best was really comfortable and the mini bar prices are very reasonable.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

When we arrived we were given our room, upon checking the room, it was Twin and not a double bed room. I went and asked at reception for a double room, the staff member said the hotel (which is huge) was fully booked and the description on booking.com says twin or double room so he can't give me a double room. We were not really happy about this. Then 20 mins later, my husband went and asked another staff member, and he changed the room straight away to a double room, so the dishonesty by the first staff was not very nice. The second night of our stay, the room was extremely hot and no way to turn down the temperature so we opened windows in freezing Berlin. I also heard a couple of people comparing about air conditioning/heating at the reception. In addition there was loud noises of the rain and foot steps etc, so not very peaceful that night.

Location was walking distance to a station but not very close to the centre of Berlin.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Failed to fulfil the request of two separate beds, the bathroom door had no lock, the room was not as modern as pictures made us believe, food was left outside someone's rooms for a matter of hours, a pungent smell of cannabis outside our room and a smell of body odour in the reception.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

-The room facilities could be better. -The bath was a bit old. The doors and windows should definitely be updated (especially the bathroom door was hard to open sometimes) -The room was a bit old but we didn't mind so much. -The windows in the room do not open, and sometimes we wanted some fresh air in the room and that was impossible. -18 Euros extra charge per person for breakfast was a bit expensive.

-The personnel was very friendly and polite. -The hotel was only 3 minutes walking from the urban train station.

excellent hotel at unbelievable price. nice comfy sleep. easily accessible via either Ernst-Reuter Platz or Zoologischer Garten stations. good variety of breakfast choice (needs to be booked separately)

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The cleaning was not done to a satisfactory standard. The TV was extremely small. The room was very very small. The bathroom needs updating.

The hotel is in a very good location. The staff are very friendly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Thin walls. With my wife we couldn't sleep because of neighbour's TV. Had to call the reception to send someone ask the people turn down the volume. Unacceptable thin walls and quality of rooms for 4 star hotel.

Great location and staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room could have been a little cleaner- it was just the little things like sticky hand prints on the hairdryer, dust on mirrors and marks on the floor but noting that affected us majorly.

The staff were friendly. They were very helpful in guiding us where to go for all of the top tourist attractions! They gave us maps and marked where we were and told us the best ways for getting to our destinations. The bed was comfy and the curtains were properly black out so the room stayed dark. The bathroom and bedroom was how it looked in the pictures shown on booking.com which was good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

This was our 2nd stay at the Wyndham Excelsior. It is ideally situated in the heart of Berlin. We found the staff very friendly and knowledgeable. They answered all our queries which helped us get around Berlin with no trouble.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

WiFi signal is too low and needs re-login every time you disconnect and every day and every night. No bath robe nor slipper was in the room as a Wyndham standards. Generally the Hotels I used to stay, offer complimentary 0,5 lt bottled still water daily as a courtesy, but this hotel didn't.

The Hotel's location is great so you can easily access metro stations ( S and U9 lines ) by 4 mins walk, also there is a bus stop just in front of the Hotel and very close to the Zoo. Nice open buffet breakfast with great filtered coffee or handy coffee machine. They changed towels daily and keep the room clean every day. The staff is helpful and smiley.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

parking -17 euro. wow! super expensive noise at the 8th floor- not something that people can stand!

asjer for higher floor as possible with view to the city, and got the 8th floor. staying in 824 and had constructions the whole day. noise was horrible 24/7. being honest, the hotel should close the floor or suggest reduce prices in such case, or at least to compensate clients in some way.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

House keeping kept coming in once at 9am, then 9:05 and the 9:15 as I was asleep and advised them you’ve just woke me up, they didn’t even knock. Second time housekeeping again walked in on my self while getting changed and saw me naked and there wasn’t even a knock then.

Loved that everything was main to all shops and was very handy. We be returning soon!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

From the hotels perspective, only niggles. The odd patch of mildew in the bathroom, the fact that to charge a phone, one had to keep the main light on for the sockets to work, but really, they were inconsequential. I did encounter a problem resolving being charged twice for the room; there was a woefully inadequate response from the hotel, but this was resolved quickly when raised face to face.

The efficiency of the staff and flow of the hotel in general. A modest train ride from the centre, but the price more than compensates for this and the hotel represents excellent value for money. The room also had bath, which was a nice addition to the room, especially after a Baltic walk away through Berlin!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

The room was very cold and the heating didn't manage to warm it up.

The hotel is very nicely located, very close to the train station and local transport, close to shopping area and touristic attractions.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff, the atmosphere, the tidiness in the hotel. The carpets on the apartment floors need desperately a replacement. It's a property that need to change a lot in order to turn into an customer-attractive and cozy place again.

Mainly the location of the property. This was also one of the main reasons why I did the booking. The breakfast buffet was decent as well.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel was advertised as a 4 star but it's definitely only 3 star or less. Light in room wasn't working. TV didn't work properly - it kept cutting out every couple of minutes. When I asked for someone to fix the problems I was told it was impossible as it was out of hours. I wasn't offered a different room or any money off my stay. Reception were polite but said there was nothing they could do as I'd paid in advance. I'd expect these items would have been checked in advance by house keeping. Location great but it's not quite the sparkly exciting hotel it's advertised to be.

Close to train station and centre of Berlin. It had a lift and the room had a bath.

Browse Wyndham Berlin Excelsior traveller photo gallery