Reviews of Wyndham Garden Berlin Mitte This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Osloer Straße 116a, Mitte, 13359 Berlin, Germany

#403 of 579 hotels in Berlin

The distance maybe a problem for those with mobility issues but for the able bodied, Berlin is well connected using tram, buses, railway and subway. This hotel is convenient for airport transfers as the bus 128 drop off and collect is just 2 tram stop away and the Berlin day ticket of €7 is a good deal for travelling in any public transport. The hotel also has a luggage room to leave your luggage before and after checking in or out which is convenient for long weekend trippers as the check in is 3pm and check out at 10am.

We were booked in a superior room but it was like a suite in London standards. Modern amenities, great layout and very quite. I love the moveable tv stand and the curtains to separate the large lounge area from the bed — it makes it very cozy. The curtains have an effective black out screen. The breakfast offered choice with attentive staff and fresh options. Really surprised for the value of the rooms considering Berlin is known for being a pricey city.

• Suite

The service is overpriced. The hotel was probably a 4 star hotel once but in the current standard it is not anymore. They have tried to keep it nice but the old structure and the years it passed has affected the conditions. The corridors are dark and furniture in the restaurant is old-fashioned/worn out. It is far away from 95% of Berlin attractions. As a used to be Berliner, I don't suggest this district for reserving a hotel. For the combination of the room-breakfast service, the price we paid is too high.

Nice hotel. It is old but kept in a appropriate way. Nice and helpful staff. The hotel is situated not so close to Tram or Subway but it is in a semi-acceptable distance. Typical Berlin neighborhood not so clean but alive and energetic. Acceptable breakfast. Very clean and comfortable beds and clean sheets and towels. Suits we have are very spacious.

Had to wait for an hour for the room to be ready, they said they don't have the staff in the afternoons, we booked 30 mins before arrival as we do sometimes in other hotels with no waiting period. The receptionist wasn't really apologetic and acted like its a normal situation. The following day at checkout time, they called us twice and did not give us any extra time as they delayed us an hour to check in, the cleaners were standing right outside our door making noises and hitting the wall to make us leave quickly and as soon as we opened the door to leave they rushed in! We asked for an ironing board & iron but they didn't provide the ironing board! We stayed in other Wyndham hotels before and in a suite but this hotel and the suite did not meet the expectation. The parking area looks scary and looked like some kind of farm or factory parking, it needs painting and beautifying.

Location is good as well as the price for a hotel in central Berlin

• Suite

Air condition was turned on and could not be switched off for 2 days. Nobody from the staff could help us.

Good location, green and silent district. Good breakfast (but you must be on time to get the most tasty food)

The rooms are very unequal. I came twice within a week and got a terrible room the first night, very small, very warm and with an uncomfortable bathroom (no curtain ariund the bathtub). But the other night, I got a very comfortable room, well organized, much cooler despite the heat outside and with a shower only which was much more convenient.

The hotel is conveniently located close to the streetcar and the S-Bahn

There are no double beds in this hotel, according to the reception desk this is for practical reasons. We booked a queen bed but were given 2 single beds against each other, very uncomfortable. We were told that this is normal practice, which, to anybody who has traveled, this is not the case.

Great Breakfast, no rush from staff but very attentive

Neither the sheets nor the towels haven’t been changed within three days stay. That is even ok. The issue is, ma and my partner both got weird allergic reaction on the skin we never had (we travel a lot and been to Berlin often before too). I would suggest the hotel should check the washing powder they use or maybe cleaning stuff. It’s unfortunately a really bad experience to us

The hotel itself is nice and charming.

room , cleanless , no shampoo .Just shower gel . no conditioner ..Not even a bottle of water .. I don't know what else ...

Furniture and building itself is really old and you get the smell of old. when you see wyndham in the name , you are already charmed by it , but this hotel is not of those for me .. I don't want to make all the bad images but its just name standing there , its a fair hotel.

Can't find fault with the Wyndham Garden Mitte.

The lovely junior suite we got as a upgrade. The plentiful and varied breakfast. The quiet neighbourhood well served by public transport. Realy - what was there not to like?

• Standard Single Room

Not much TV channels selection for an English traveler / distant from City Centre / Away from S & U Bahn stations / Gym not well equipped which made me miss my daily routines, while I stayed for 6 nights

Spacious & Clean Rooms / Comfortable bed and pillows, Nice hot water / Friendly staff / Amazing breakfast

Too bad the smoking area. In front of the entrance, so you walk through the clouds. Also I could not open a window, because of the smoking smell rising up along the building.

Overall Fine

I think the room was not updated since the 1970s. Same old furniture. If you want to get a feel how East Germany was under communism this is the room to stay in. No ammenities no toiletries. Very old small TV that was not working. Very slow internet. Not a good place for business travelers.

Competent staff.

- 3 days could not deliver the iron in the room. Finally I didn’t receive it. - Part of the personal speaks English very poor. - Elevator-you can wait it for ages. - Fitness exists, but part of the main equipment is broken. - In general hotel is very old.

The receptionist Maria Baum was helpful and polite.

Hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the tube station followed by a 15min journey to get into the centre. This may be an issue if you want to go out for a nice meal in the evening as there are very limited places to eat out in the area with quick cheap food being the common option.

Hotel was very comfortable and we had a really big room. Hotel also provide us with coffee making facilities which was very helpful. Need to bring your own toiletries. There is a restaurant on site with a limited menu.

We left the heating all day on and the room was too cold still.

Breakfast: amazing Room: Renovated and comfortable Shower: Spacious and with a big shower head.

the staff behavior

surprisingly, the hotel staff did not accept my payment by Eur.500,- bill and asked me to go out and walk for 20 minutes to change my money and come back to pay them... very weak staff with no experience how to deal with customers.... i will never chose this hotel again

Beds were 2 singles put together and were slightly uncomfortable.

The breakfast was great, staff helpful, property well looked after and the location was good for transport links.

Coffee and tea facilities were not automatically left in your room, they had to be asked for at reception. Also, our room had two single beds pushed together and two separate single duvets instead of a double which was slightly annoying.

Modern, clean facilities and friendly, helpful staff. Within easy reach of public transport links to the City Centre.

Staff were unhelpful and not enough of them on reception. Took ages to book in, book out in fact anything that required a member of staff doing anything.

Hotel was clean and had good links to transport into Berlin. Food in the restaurant was very nice and service was good.

Awful windows - there aren't leafs! I reserved room with double bed, but I've gotten room with two single beds. I'm not sure, but I think there are synthetic blankets in rooms.

Interesting design Comfortable shower Tasty breakfast There is underground and s-ban near hotel

The entrance is under construction and hard to spot the first time. There are a few steps up and then down everywhere.

We arrived late at night and needed an extra bed for that night for our adult daughter traveling with us. The staff upgraded us to a larger room and were super accommodating. Breakfast was included and very good.

Upon arriving the reception staff were a little standoffish, but during our stay the hotel/restaurant/cleaning staff more than made up for it.

The breakfast was superb! Our room and bathroom were very nice, spacious and clean. We were able to check in earlier, which was a definite plus.

Only 1 WiFi connection for my room allowed, no drink making facilities and no UK TV channels working

Clean, quiet, decent room with high ceilings, interesting building is a converted factory. Lots of good public transport and shops nearby, made going into the city quite fast a cheap

I wasn't told that my previous stays had been upgrades so I booked the same room but received less than I expected without a bath and even though there is a lift I still had to carry my bag down stairs as my room was in a back corridor.

Very good breakfast

They insisted on moving furniture in the uncarpeted conference room above me at midnight. I complained to reception but eventually had to get up and go upstairs to ask them to stop. The staff are quite surly and short.

The breakfast spread is amazing

Location wasn’t great, but transport links did mean it’s easy to get to other parts of the city. Hotel is slightly run down but is good value if you’re on a budget.

Excellent transport links

The staffs needs to be more welcoming and the parking for a night is too expensive

The facility is simply amazing, clean and very spacious.. I would suggest this place to anyone visiting Berlin

We had a room where bathroom sink was located in the room and not in bathroom. First of all this is awkward, secondly it is not very convenient.

Hotel situated in rather quiet district with good access to public transportation - tram stop and UBahn stop is less then 10 minutes walk away. Good breakfast.

Breakfast offered a wide variety with something for everyone. Staff was nice and helpful, wifi worked perfectly for us. The area around the hotel felt safe and the room was clean. We used public transportation to arrive here and had no troubles finding it.

Our room felt a little tired, and for the rates we paid I would have hoped for perhaps some coffee/tea facilities in the room.

Beds very comfy, the staff were very polite and attentive, rooms very clean!

Stayed during Marathon so prices were pretty high, but generally id say it was good value. Little bit of a walk to the train but not too dramatic.

the hot breakfast options were good. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

The hairdryer in the room was old and didn't work. No bath, despite requesting one. Wifi only allows one device and kept booting us off

Location useful for travel across the city. Clean and comfy beds.

- It was cold in my room, - no bathtub only a shower, - elevator is not smart )) - internet was not available sometimes, I had to ask for a paper with password for wifi and fill in this data, once the reply from the system was that too many users at the moment and connection was not provided.

Water in shower was hot, room was clean.

The rooms look like the movie set of Austin Powers or Clockwork orange - very dated, worn, and uncomfortable furniture. The staff needs to be better supported and trained in the art of hospitality - there is a lot of opportunity for improvement. Only one specific example; I was finishing my cup of coffee and was told I had to leave the breakfast area promptly at 1030 so they can get ready for lunch. I told them I would leave in 5min when I was done. That was not an acceptable response. There are several other examples. None of which, individually, is a big deal. But taken collectively, made me feel this place just didn't care about its customers.

The location is pretty good. The reception, lounge, and restaurant are reasonable. The meeting facilities were satisfactory. This is about it...

• Suite

full price for that room I wouldn´t have been very happy. I booked a "suite" which was really just a very large room, (nice bathroom though!) carpet pretty awful, furnishings in the room not comfortable and sparse I got a 1/2 off deal so it was OK, but if I had paid more I wouldn´t have been happy.

Staff is generally very nice and helpful. Nice facilities.

Rude staff at the front desk. One even burped ! Booking.com says that the hotel has a bathroom. This completely misled me to think the room is equipped with a bath given the icon for a bathroom (bathtub). Furthermore, the beds are two singles pushed together.

In the surrounding neighnourhood it is very quiet. Too quiet... Allthough it is located in Mitte, there isn't really a city center. It is just an eastern German residential area. The window frames could use a paint job.

The hotel is located in an old factory. The entrance is very nice. Spacious rooms. The hotel provided rental bikes so we could explore the city on a bike.

Initially had a problem with the shower which was resolved easily enough but not before we had to go and have a shower in an adjacent room which was occuoied by our daughter. Couldn't use the safe in the room because a previous guest had taken the key home with them......

Lobby decoration.i was too late to book for the whole stay.

Hotel was ideally located for my purposes. Room was large and very comfortable and great value for money.

We could only rent bikes on our first day, and staff told us it is not possible to reserve them for the next day. The next day we tried early in the morning but found out that they were reserved for others (?). It is quite hard to find rental bikes close by the hotel and the hotel only has a couple of them.

Great value for money, very big room with a big bathroom. Nice breakfast. Basically this is a really nice hotel where you get a lot for your money. Would definately book again!

I am so grateful to the reception staff who were most helpful and ensured that my needs and concerns were addressed. The room could be warm in summer and I had a fan which did the job of ensuring that I didn't feel stifled with heat.It was accessible to most places you need to be and being in a residential area gave it a home feel, felt safe within the area as well.Access to local food shops was helpful. Shout out to Nadine, Robert, Jen who helped me access the lovely sites and gave helpful advice on my exploration of Berlin.

There seemed to be only one lift and no nearby stairway. TV had few English language channels and reception on them was not very good.

Huge choice of buffet breakfast - all very good - and could be taken on a covered terrace. Quite close to tram stops. Very large room of an interesting shape. Several windows that opened. Good curtains for blackout. Good bathroom with hot water always readily available. Quiet. Staff were invariably pleasant and helpful.

Hotel Reception staff were Great shame about cleaning staff also no Tea and Coffee making facilities unless you ask and when you use them they never gave us anymore ??.. And the Location is Rubbish you might as well be in Marmaris as there seem to be more Turkish people around than German..

Great Hotel but the Room we were in was supposed to be a superior room and it wasn`t Room 216 needs an update very soon

Reception people are not taught enough by HR to respond questions and welcome guests Location is not bad but you need to really like periphery Old smells in the 2nd floor corridor

The room was good and the bed was comfy but but but..

The breakfast selection could have been better I.e more choice of filling, like ham, bierwurst, Leberwurst etc.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The room we were in was very spacious and bright.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Not a fault of the hotel, but there's a church across the road so be prepared to hear very loud church bells quite early in the morning til late in the evening.

7min walk to Pankstraße U-Bahn, there's trams and busses at the front door and you're only a few stops away from Alexanderplatz! Also, the bed was super fluffy and comfortable, and the shower is huge.

The staff at the front desk were not very professional. They told us that the Hotel parking costs 10 e and the next day when we paid they charged 17.

Very nice room and very nice breakfast.

• Standard Single Room

The rating is 4-star. I'm not an expert but have slept at both 2 and 3 stars equal good as this Wyndham. It was a normal hotel with big rooms but no ventilation at all. This beautiful day was 25 degree and 20 in evening but in the room 27 all night. They had put a noicy manual fan in the room to use. The bedcover was traditional German down quilt. Very good in winter but in 27 degree? Breakfast traditional good German nothing special. Staff ok. Surrounding was soso but Tram is 3 min away.

The rooms were large and hotel was next to Tram.

• Standard Single Room

i would have like to have the possibility to make me a tea or a coffee in the room. Poor signalisation in the whole hotel.

the room was big (i had the suite), and really quiet. The bathroom has a bathtub and a shower. The bed was really good too.

• Standard Single Room

No air condition at arrival and had to insist to have it on They state in the website there is a gym but the truth is that there s a couple of machines in a corner (not even a door to access it) The food was below average Don't use this hotel for business meeting you would not impress your partners Close to the airport but far from downtown and the surroundings are poor

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

They advertised 24 hour hot beverage service but when i rang for room service no one answered. When i went to the front desk i was told the bar was closed and the coffee machine had been cleaned so they couldn't make a hot chocolate. Very poor customer service.

The breakfast was excellent and the hotel was quite.

The mattress was a bit old (it is growing hollow in the middle) The breakfast is expensive (16€ per person and per day). For that price price or cheaper we had lovely brunches in the neighborhood. On Monday morning, we heard every door opening and closing in the hallway.

Big bed, the size of the room is exactly what we needed. The possibility tu rent bike for 12€ at the reception and give them back late as the reception is open 24/24. The hotel patio with the glass roof is very nice.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

No tea/coffee making facilities in room - but maybe this is a British thing ;-)

Huge room, very comfortable and very quiet. Staff very friendly and helpful. Great location - 5 min walk from S Bahn stop that is on the line for the airport and 6 stops from Brandenburg Gate

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Internet booted you out and had to logon repeatedly which was annoying. Be sure to tell desk staff how many devices. If you have 2 phones and an iPad for example , you will need three username/passwords

A older hotel but very comfortable. We didn't use the Subway or bus but stops are close by. We had a car and liked the parkade available for parking. Room was a decent size and the bed comfortable. Excellent breakfast. Well worth the $$$

Alles war şehri schön 😁😁😁

Large Rooms . Good breakfast . Very Near to Metro station . There are lots of restaurants around And also markets. Kind staff with smiling faces . 😁. Free wifi .

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Breakfast was a Desaster, waiting for bacon 15 min. No service or very poor service. Very narrow entrance/exit to/from garage by car.

Not so much to be liked besides the free wifi. Happy when checked-out.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

No local restaurants near by. Hotel could provide a list of reasonably local restaurants. Hotel restaurant was limited in selection for evening meal.

Breakfast was amazing

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The location. For us it was a bit far from the icerink where we went every day, but we knew it already and otherwise bus and tram stops was close, even the metro station is walkable distance.

We enjoyed really much the huge bathtub! Also big plus for the inner high of our room, and also we have really comfortable beds. Breakfast was awesome, nice selection of everything, even vegetables!

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Too many people on breakfast, so cook didnt have time to submit a new food - all was quickly ate!

Everything was great! We had a big and clean room. There was a very nice breakfast and polite stuff. Hotel a little bit fare from city-centre But tgere is a metro station around 500m. Metro costs for 2,80€ per person and a ticket working for 2 hours.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

The location of the hotel letthe hotel down a bit which is a shame. The wifi also was sloghtly annoying that everytime I locked my phone or it went to sleep, I had to then reconnect to the wifi. No other problems at all though.

The room was comfortable and warm. Great size bed and very good shower. Staff were friendly, helpful and offered lots of advice. Very bright and plenty of space.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Not as fancy as the photos but totally ok! Approximately 15 minutes from the city centre by public transportation!

Close to the city centre, clean and comfortable! Good staff!

The heat in the room was hard to control. We did not know how to work the thermostat.

The hotel is conveniently located close to the tram and metro. The staff is friendly and don't be shy in asking questions most of the staff are fluent in English. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I requested an extra pillow which was provided immediately.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

I loved the breakfast , perfect german style , the hotel had a lovely calm atmosphere with friendly professional staff. Loved the bedroom and especially the heated tiles in bathroom. Would come back again :)

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Clean and tidy rooms at a reasonable price Friendly staff Good access to key stations, easy transport Nice location in Berlin Mitte, close to must-see places

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

We were very surprised about the condition and design of the hotel room. Very plain and boxy, with no sense of decor. All white room with gray drapes, not even a single painting/picture or decorative element. The room was furnished with exactly 2 small towels, a floor mat, a tub of "all in one" soap/shampoo on the wall and one in the shower (that one was empty though) and a roll of toilet paper. nothing else. When I asked at the front desk to speak to the manager about the lack of amenities that one comes to expect from a 4 star hotel (shower cap, hand cream, tissue paper, shampoo, etc.) I was told that he was in a meeting and that toiletries were on request, that the hotel is not "required" to place these items in the rooms. My gym's bathroom is better equipped than this hotel. I travel 10 - 15 times a year for business throughout Europe, North America and Asia and I must say that overall I had a very disappointing experience at Wyndham's Berlin Mitte property.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

The location is not ideal - it is a bit of a trek to get to the city centre but the public transport and taxis are great.

The room was extremely large and the bedding was of a very high quality - I felt like I was sleeping in a cloud. The hotel facilities are fantastic there are great snacks at the bar and a lot of options at the breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

I stayed here for 5 nights and as a coffee lover the machine was not working on two days which meant I did not have my barista style cappuccino. In terms of location, it is not in a central location and one can argue whether it is actually located in Mitte. The Taxis I used all classed the hotel to be located gesundbrunnen (apologies for the spelling mistakes). If you are a gym rat, you will sorely be disappointed with the gym equipment. They had maybe 2 machines and a treadmill which creaks everytime you run on it. Apart from that, the room is basic but is clean and comfortable. I think the asking price should be cheaper.

The staff were really lovely and friendly. The breakfast was nice although the variety could have been better.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

We found the cost of breakfast a little too high. The second time we went for breakfast we did not realise it ended at 10:30. We arrived at 10:15 I feel we should have been advised that breakfast was due to end in 15 minutes. My friend had only a cup of tea and a bread roll. Then the doors were locked.

The bed was very comfortable, Our junior suite was a lovely size and the bathroom was very spacious.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

this hotel IS NOT ON MITTE QUARTER. which is pretty surprising since it is called "Wyndham Gardens MITTE". Also, the pictures advertised only show the renovated part of the hotel, which is pretty nice - but you may very well end up in the "CLASSIC" (=old and rotten) part of the hotel, where the rooms have no AC and it smells like the inside of a vacuum cleaner. I had to argue my way to a suite in the new part of the hotel, which was what I thought I paid for (I had no choice since I chose the no-refund option). So I got stuck 5 KM (!) from Mitte but at least I had a nice suite. good job, booking.com. you just made hotels.com a new customer.

Staff was helpful and polite for most times.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

The staff was extremely rude to us upon arrival and made us feel very unwelcome as tourists to berlin. Will not reccomend to any travelers. Wifi was horrible had to sign in every day and bad signal.

The bed and sheets were comfy.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

It's a bit of a walk to either S- or U-Bahn stations, though the area is pretty lively (tram stop is nearer). The aircon made the room a little cold at times but it was possible to turn it off. Wi-fi login system is slightly complicated but Berlin isn't quite the wi-fi city yet in general.

Really classy place - seriously good interior design, high ceilings, good furniture and great shower room. The building is pretty, and is put to good use. Very quiet room, and protected from the sun. Wi-fi was fast and stable.

It’s not like a 4 stars Hotel

Very late check in. Restaurant was open only limited hours and the selection was rather poor.

Friendly staff.

What the hotel lacked in services, the staff made up for in hospitality and friendliness

The rooms were not air conditioned and were unbearably hot

The service at the restaurant was very nice

Browse Wyndham Garden Berlin Mitte traveller photo gallery