View vacation packages to

2. Germany hotel reviews
  3. Berlin Federal State hotel reviews
  4. Berlin hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz

Reviews of Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Hallesche Str. 10-14, Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, 10963 Berlin, Germany

#101 of 597 hotels in Berlin

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: May 19, 2019

Hotel was a good standard.
    • Standard Room

Location was a little further than expected from the centre of the city

Hotel was a good standard. The staff were very helpful and they also checked us in early

• Reviewed: May 15, 2019

The room was pristine and the staff were very friendly and...
    • Standard Room

The water in the room could be refrigerated. There could also be cheaper bottled water in the vending machine! However, very hard to find fault in this hotel.

The room was pristine and the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Situated in a very cool area, within walking distance from shops. Would recommend this amazing hotel to anyone planning a trip to Berlin!

• Reviewed: May 13, 2019

Great stay
    • Standard Room

Although the spa area seemed awesome, it was sadly closed during weekdays. This was unfortunate since that was the only time I could have gone.

The room was great and has shown on pictures. Spacious, clean and well decorated. Was very nice to have a nespresso coffee machine available in the room. Breakfast was very nice and fresh. Not enough seating though. Always had to wait and or share a table with others.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2019

A place to come back
    • Standard Room

Location within walking distance from public transport; Lidl nearby; clean and nice place; nice staff and open to our requests; very pleasant accommodation, thus we came back for our final stay in Germany before departure. It became our favorite hotel in Berlin, so we will definitely stay here again when in Berlin and we recommend it with no hesitation.

Stayed in April 2019

• Reviewed: May 4, 2019

Beautiful hotel and lovely staff. Felt like a real luxury stay for a busy sightseeing trip
    • Deluxe Room

High bar prices. Unable to eat in restaurant as too expensive which was a shame as it looked lovely.

Excellent and helpful check in staff and concierge. Clean and comfortable rooms, lovely bar and restaurant areas.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2019

Disappointed
    • Standard Room

We arrived at 12.30 in the afternoon and we were told that our rooms were ready- but if we wanted to check in early we would have to pay €20 each!! So even though the rooms were ready and there was nothing for the hotel to do, they wanted to charge us.. I stay in hotels all over the world and I have never had a hotel try and steal money from me in this way. Disgusting.

Shower was really good. Location was pretty central

• Reviewed: April 9, 2019

We would definitely stay there again.
    • Standard Room

We found the room to be warm. The AC didn’t cool the room off. Unfortunately our room was over the front entrance to the hotel, so we heard voices and cars when we opened the window.

The staff was super friendly and helpful.

Stayed in April 2019

• Reviewed: March 25, 2019

Perfectly decent hotel in good location but need to fix WiFi situation.
    • Superior Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The free WiFi was appalling - impossible to use. Didn't want to pay €4 for an hour or €12 for a day, as wasn't going to use it enough and 4G worked. The room at the top had no view (Velux windows instead), and thin walls - I could hear the woman next door very clearly through many of her conversations. And the lift was extremely slow.

People were friendly and helpful, location was good, it was comfortable and clean. The restaurant in the hotel is terrific, especially for supper.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2019

Nice Hotel but no Laundry
    • Standard Room

The Laundry Service and the Manager at the Front Desk when I asked for her help with the Laundry

Excellent Concierge and front Office agents. He has been very helpful and understanding

• Reviewed: March 11, 2019

Average
    • Double Room - Disability Access

The room could have been clean and not dirty, the maids could have made more of an effort to make the room tidy. We paid extra for a ‘delux’ room which was pretty basic.

The hotel had many things to do within it and outside it. It was based in a great location and easy to get to places.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2019

Spacious, bright, quiet rooms near Potsdamer Platz.
    • Standard Room

Hard to complain about anything: Only problem was that the shower was leaking into the bathroom, even with the door closed. Brought this to the attention to the staff so I hope they can replace the plastic lip at the bottom of the door to fix it.

Good location (can walk to Anhalter Bahnhof or U Möckernbrücke in 3 minutes each). The beds were super comfy, I’ve never before experienced a mattress of the firmness that was “just right”. Well thought-out bath design. Bright rooms that were super quiet both day and night. Got upgraded upon check-in, which was a nice touch.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2019

All good, thank you.
    • Standard Room

No vegan options, few vegetarian options. Room service not helpful with accommodating alternate dietary preferences. Gym and spa area oddly configured, not practical and very deserted.

Great dining area for breakfast with really helpful and pleasant staff. Front desk staff very efficient and helpful. Rooms good. Hotel very quiet.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2019

The lovely smell of mint on the first floor, as well as...
    • Standard Room

I would have been happy if the timetable of the evening restaurant could've been adjusted a bit so that it would close at 23 at least. Really wanted to check out Tar-Tar but sadly when i was back from the concert, the kitchen was already off.

The lovely smell of mint on the first floor, as well as ventilated and cool corridors. More importantly the quiet wing of the hotel where i could relax and sleep well without bothering about the noises :) The rooms were clean and the beds were just perfect for me after a long and tiring stroll around Berlin. Definitely stopping here next time if i come again!

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

Great location, friendly staff. Perfect for venues at the Tempodrom!
    • Standard Room

Reading lamps didn't work.

Very comfortable bed. Wooden floors. Practical box safe. Rain shower and tub in the bathroom. Breakfast buffet with various options and eggs cooked to order in the show-kitchen.

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

They charged my credit card the first night for 39€, for no...
    • Standard Room

They charged my credit card the first night for 39€, for no reason. The next morning I told them, they reversed the charge. The second night, I got charged again for 30€. They reversed this as well, but I only noticed because I get an SMS from my bank, otherwise I would have never noticed. Be careful if you stay here.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2019

Bathroom wasn't good.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Bathroom wasn't good. Shower didn't work well. Room 450. Restaurant was too expensive. Location is far from metro. No infrastructure, sights and public places near than 0.5 - 1 km from hotel by foot.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

Pleasant and clean but our Saturday night restaurant to celebrate a special birthday was ruined.
    • Standard Room

The bar and restaurant were lovely spaces and enjoyable to spend time in, the decor was welcoming. We set aside the third night of our stay to have dinner at the in-house restaurant as the reviews online were very promising. The meal was to celebrate my partners 21st so was supposed to be one of our trips highlights. The food was exquisite. Our first experience with restaurant staff was the day before, the reception desk explained we could reserve a table by inquiring directly at the restaurant desk. We obliged and were met with unhelpful, unfriendly staff who seemed as if we were irritating them with our reservation inquiry. I understand we booked late so the 21:15 booking was late but we hoped would be worth it. We arrived early for cocktails at the bar with staff who were attentive if a little unfriendly. We were seated directly next to the kitchen in a very open table with people continuously walking past- understandable also given the late nature of our booking- however there was mountains of plates along the entire surface next to us and very bright lights taking away the ambiance. of our meal. Our waitress from the start was very unfriendly and continuously appearing irritated by us. We waited 15 minutes before being given our menus by the same member of staff. We then were ignored several times while trying to ask for the wine list. It then took a considerable amount of time to place an order. After our attempted but mispronounced order of red wine the individual rolled her eyes and flat out ignored us trying to order sourdough when she believed the brioche to be better. She was very pushy and insistent to the point of uncomfortably. We ordered a starter to share and a further two dishes. Our wine was poured without letting us taste it or conversing in any way. The staff who actually delivered our food were delightful. Our specific waitress was rude and ruined a special occasion.

Reception staff were very helpful and maintenance staff were also a delight to speak to. Our room was consistently presented at a high standard as was the fitness center. The sauna area was enjoyable but perhaps soothing music would round off the experience. The communal areas of the hotel were as described and presented in a lovely manner.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

Very good locatino close to U-bahn, buses and city centere.

Everything was perfect.

Very good locatino close to U-bahn, buses and city centere. It's 10 minute walk to Potsdamer platz. Very comfortable beds and perfect duvet. Room was spacious with new furniture. The breakfast was good with wide selection of food.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2019

The concierge was very helpful with giving advise.
    • Superior Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms needed extra blankets

The concierge was very helpful with giving advise. Mr Kirk went out of his way to help us decide what to do in the one day we had!

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

Incredible hotel in a very convenient location with lovely staff.
    • Standard Room

The air con wasn't fantastic, but thats about the only downside! There also wasn't that many English channels on the TV, however we were out most of the day and evening, and you could rent films if you wanted to.

The beds were very comfy and the bathroom was so nice. It was in a good location as it was about a minute or two from Anhalter station and 10 minutes from Potsdamer Platz. Even though there was a circus at the Tempodrom we could not hear it unless our window was open, and we had a direct view of the Tempodrom. The staff were really friendly and helpful too. I loved the way the rooms were decorated (the mural on the wall was lovely.) Overall it was an amazing short stay and we would definitely return.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

rooms were good and clean.
    • Standard Room

Although breakfast food and selection was good Service at breakfast was not good as tables not cleaned and re set after people left and both days we had to ask for tables to be cleared, cleaned and reset.

rooms were good and clean. Reception Staff and consierge very helpful

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

Great just needed more attention on the rooms
    • Standard Room

Our room was a little crowded, baring I mind we were upgraded to a junior suite, the room was dark and need to care to it. Paint was on the floor and chipped cupboards and skirting boards

Needed more selection for breakfast etc more pastries muffins tarts .. Baked beans would of been nice too But overall was great

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

A terrible experience. Ruined our Christmas and our view of Berlin
    • Standard Room

Room was very smelly. A problem with the drains. Smelt like raw sewage. I complained a number of times and was ignored. I asked to move rooms and was ignored This hotel advertises itself as 24 hour service This is not true. It was not possible to get a drink during the day, no tea and coffee, not even water. No room service. No mini bar. Only supplied single duvets for a double bed Hotel manager on holiday, leaving no management on duty. Concierge did not reply to emails in advance of the stay and was mainly absent during the stay. On leaving the head of reception said he would send an email to the quality manager and copy me in but this did not happen The hotel now do not own and control the restaurant so guests can not get tables or have priority over non residents booking directly A very poor experience!! Certainly should be advertised as room only as no service available and even then room was appalling along with the staffs helpfulness Does IHG know this is how one of their hotels operate or The Berlin tourism know how this hotel is putting off visitors returning Completely spoilt our Christmas holiday

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

I enjoyed my stay, it was wonderful.
    • Standard Room

I can’t recall anything I disliked. Only one thing I want to mention. It was difficult navigating through the channels of the Television.

I liked all of the Hotel, it was wonderful, I’ll recommend to any traveler, for leaser, business even just to relax. Area safe and secure. Everything in walking distance. Staff and worker very courteous. I will visit again. I give this hotel a very high rating.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

Nice place with amazing restaurant, but nothing too impressive
    • Standard Room

The air conditioning in the room wasn’t working and the room was really cold when we arrived. We called the reception immediately and went sightseeing, however when we came back the room was still cold. I called the reception again and they sent someone to fix it. The problem was solved the next day and until then we were given a small radiator to warm up the room. Also, in the bathrooms between the tiles there was mould, which I think is unacceptable for a four-star hotel. Overall, the hotel and the rooms were clean, the towels were changed daily and the rooms cleaned regularly.

Big hotel in close proximity to the city centre. Really spacious rooms and bathrooms. The breakfast is amazing and the staff was really friendly and helpful. The gym is small, but equipped with all necessities. The restaurant in the hotel- Layla and it’s bar are a must to visit- best mixture of Mediterranean and Eastern Asian food I have ever tasted! I will definitely visit the restaurant again when back in Berlin!

• Reviewed: December 24, 2018

Very clean and cleaned thoroughly everyday.
    • Standard Room

Very clean and cleaned thoroughly everyday. Friendly staff. Great bathrooms, lovely shower. Not a bad location, only about a 10 minute walk from the main areas.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2018

Perfect at all!
    • Standard Room

Everything was absolutely perfect! The hotel is located very close to station S and 10 minutes away by foot from Potsdamer Platz and Sony theater center and the Mall of Berlin. Also very close is the Wall, check point Charlie and Brandenburg gate! The hotel was very very clean!! Also they accept our request for a room in a higher level and they gave us a room on the fifth floor !! We recommend it for sure!!

• Reviewed: December 18, 2018

Better than expected
    • Standard Room

The hotel is pretty close to Potsdamer Platz, but in a quiet area. There is a construction site next door but it did not disturb my stay at all. The design of the place is really nice and modern. I especially liked the restaurant/breakfast area.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

Very nice room, bed, shower room.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Could do with USB charging sockets in the room. One of our cases was lost on the trip. All our travel adapters were in that case which meant we couldn't charge phones and ipads. The reception desk lent us an adapter, but USB chargers would be a big (and relatively cheap) improvement.

Very nice room, bed, shower room.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

Absolutely beautiful room, pleasant staff 💯 sad to leave
    • Standard Room

On arrival was greeted by extremely pleasant staff, my room was amazing. Larger than expected, great selection of tea an coffee,the whole room was a real wow factor for me

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Enjoyable and lovely staff apart from room temperature
    • Double Room - Disability Access

The room was too hot. Fault with air con. Could not sleep

Breakfast and restaurant and bar very good. Room very clean and comfortable apart from it being too hot.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Disappointing; good property, but a few critical mistakes.
    • Standard Room

Tow treadmills were not working. Hotel staffs tried their best to fix them, but it happened a couple of days in row. This is critical, and if not positively addressed, I would not stay again. Also, in one evening, I was told at the door the restaurant was fully booked; I have never seen a hotel restaurant not able to accommodate its guest. I do not care if it is a popular restaurant, but it should always treat the guest first.

Overall, the hotel was clean and comfortable, and the staffs were friendly, well trained and pleasant.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

good bed
    • Standard Room

awfull smell in the room came from the zinck. Discussion at the reception about the reservation by checking in and checking out. Rare additives at the coffee and tea braekes at the course. looked poor and there wasn't enough coffee and tea

good bed

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

Very enjoyable.
    • Deluxe Room

No bar facilities before 6pm.

Atmosphere of hotel and bar especially -loved the decor in the bar . Very spacious and comfortable room. Very good breakfasts .

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Excellent check in, spacious clean room, updated and refurbished. Efficient check in and checkout
    • Standard Room

excellent customer service met all of our requests, got an earlier check in and the room was spotlessly clean. All staff were extremely polite and helpful and showed the utmost in customer service. Would highly recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Perfect Berlin weekender

nothing!

The hotel was exceptional. We were greeted with smiling faces and were upgraded rooms as we checked in on my birthday! The facilities were top notch and the spa was a perfect addition. Would 100% recommend and will be back!

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Great service great location great sleep and great food and drink!
    • Deluxe Room

Nothing, it was an enjoyable stay!

Fantastic hotel and friendly staff. Amazing night's sleep! Cocktails at the bar were delicious. Breakfast was great with lots of choice.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Good location but fire alarm issues
    • Standard Room

On arrival at 2:10pm was informed couldn’t check in until 3pm unless we agreed to pay €20 extra? The fire alarm went off at 10pm and whole hotel was evacuated with no communication from staff. Availed of late check out at 2pm and had staff knock on hotel room at 8am to clean it and they woke us up? Clearly no communication between departments

Quiet neighborhood, good facilities in hotel

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

This hotel is really awesome.
    • Standard Room

This hotel is really awesome. Very good breakfast an a lot of possibilities to choose from. We had a big room, a lot of space, everything cleaned well. Really helpful and kind personnel! Good localisation for people going for concerts at Tempodrom, close to the Potsdamer Platz. We will be back for sure, thank you!

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

A great hotel nice and cozy
    • Standard Room

Nothing really . Only problem was the fire alarm went off and we were evacuated outside ....but lack of clarity as to where to gather .

Breakfast / plenty choice

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

My husband was there for work and hotel was very close to...
    • Standard Room

The only drawback was that the windows did not open fully and the lack of English speaking movie channels. They only had 1 Arabic speaking channel.

My husband was there for work and hotel was very close to the meeting venue and close to transportation. The room was very convenient with plenty of light ... one of the most lit hotel rooms I have ever stayed at. It had a lot of plugs as well.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Very good location, quite rooms , front office personel very...
    • Standard Room

On my departure day the maid was knocking on my door from 08:50a.m. which is unforgivable since it was my check out day and after my departure at 12.00p.m. the room will be cleaned. Not only that she kept knocking every half an hour and was waiting for me until I left the room. Unacceptable behavior for a 4 star hotel.

Very good location, quite rooms , front office personel very polite .

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

Very good and value for money will defineatly stay in Crwonze Plaza Postdamer if in Berlin again...
    • Standard Room

The bathroom took quite a big area and the rest of the room space look small and congested....

The Bed was good & the hotel location was good near ammenaties. S-ban near hotel and hotel is in quite area though near the city centre….Good

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

Very attentive staff, good breakfast for very fair price (if...
    • Standard Room

In our booking we requested a quiet room and a baby cot. The cot was not ready at arrival and we got a trim on the first floor above the entrance, which is noisy at night. Additionally the ash trays are located at the entrance and smoke enters the room through the open window.

Very attentive staff, good breakfast for very fair price (if booked as package)

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

The hotel is situated not within town a very good and quite...
    • Standard Room

Nothing pretty much only parking you will need a lot of patience in getting a spot.

The hotel is situated not within town a very good and quite place for those who don’t love noise. It offers a very friendly and calm environment . The breakfasts served in the room is excellent. Everyone is friendly from the front office to the room service.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Helpful staff at the reception.
    • Standard Room

Although the price of the room was very good value for money, that doesn’t apply to breakfast at €29 per person. There should be a non-buffet alternative when you only want to have a coffee and a toast.

It’s a comfortable hotel well situated in a quiet street but walking distance to some important museums and attractions. The room was big, comfortable and very clean. Good room service and the staff at the reception was very helpful and efficient when I asked for directions, taxis and when checking out.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

Very helpful staff, Large rooms with comfortable beds and...
    • Standard Room

Very helpful staff, Large rooms with comfortable beds and good cool air conditioner for the weather. Interconnected rooms and option if needed. Nice teas in room!

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

Big but cozy and nice hotel

Everything was ok.

Big but very nice hotel with cozy and well equipped rooms. We slept very well, bed was super comfortable. Location is convenient, quiet but not far from the city centre or public transport. We really appreciated the possibility to have a tapped beer at hotel’s lobby after the midnight :) We just came from the festival, almost every place was closed but hotel lobby worked for us very well :)

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

We loved it !!!
    • Standard Room

Bath towels is far too big, and heavy to use. We made a comment to the reception for future sake.

Guest room is well equipped (fridge/electronic kettle) and beautifully decorated, clean good sized room. Simple, but stylish entrance area with very comfortable sofas. Breakfast is very good with plenty of selection especially, yogurt, ham, cooked foods & bread. Me and my sister enjoyed our stay at Crown Plaza Berlin very much. Every staffs are friendtheir attitude are professional. Location is also easy access by metro to most of places of attractions or historical city centre.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Good Value and Location.
    • Standard Room

Stayed with my husband for 3 nights. The hotel is located in a good location, however, if you are a woman and returning by yourself to the hotel at night using the train, the road is pretty dark. Another point is that the bathroom shower had black mold... but after asking hotel staff to do a better cleaning, they resolved it right a way.

The hotel is clean and staff is very friendly and kind.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Very happy customers
    • Standard Room

Four glorious days and nights staying here. Our room was very comfortable and spacious and it serviced our needs very satisfactorily. We did encounter a problem with the shower which sprayed water over walls however this was soon rectified (loose shower rose). Staff were great. I recommend this hotel. Quiet and great location.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Good reliable hotel with friendly staff.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

The room (5th floor) had roof windows (not normal ones) which could not be opened properly. It made the room very dark/dim. The wellness area only has a sauna and a steam room and did not always smell good. Some extra amenities (little cold basin etc.) would add a lot.

Good hotel, good location, very friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

Short bussines trip
    • Standard Room

Space of thw room. Bathtube and shower in bathroom. Calm nejghbourhood.

Bathroom needs to be renovated. Additional payment for 3 hours earlier check in. Furniture in the room a little bit too mich used.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

The staff was very kind, I asked for a particular room and...
    • Standard Room

At 11.15 p.m, back to the hotel after a show, we wanted to eat a bite at the bar, still open, and we were told that there was only the room service available.

The staff was very kind, I asked for a particular room and my request was granted. The room was large and comfortable with a view on the park across the street. And, last but not least, they have a "Silent area"! This was greatly appreciated

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Everything was so perfect and High class at a super...
    • Standard Room

Booking.com did yet another mistake ! I have booked for two rooms , and the hotel only found one booking . Luckily the staff was very cooperative and found me another room . Also - i found that the “genius” price promoted by Booking.com was not true . As the prices of the rooms at the Hotel were the same as the site of Booking.com inclusive of the “genius” offer !

Everything was so perfect and High class at a super affordable price . Way to go Crowne Plaza !

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Good breakfast and coffee.
    • Standard Room

Good breakfast and coffee. Nice rooms with comfortable beds, my husband loved the pillows :) Silent location but close to the city center. Felt like home :) Looking forward to stay in Crown Plaza Berlin

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Brilliant experience in a beautiful and classy hotel.
    • Standard Room

The pillows was very thin and provided no support for my neck. I was provided two extra pillows but they have hardly any filling inside so this didn’t help.

The hotel is located a two minute walk to train stations and bus stops so is ideal. There is a supermarket at the top of the road aswell as a couple of restaurants. The hotel itself was absolutely beautiful and exceeded my expectations, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were all a delight, so friendly and helpful. Our flight was delayed for a few hours so the lady at reception allowed us to stay in the room till 4pm which was a lovely gesture and we really appreciated that.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

On average, a pretty good hotel and the room was lovely
    • Standard Room

I wish they could have been more accommodating about guest change of plans.This put me off especially since I use booking.com all the time. There ought to have been exceptions

Breakfast was great and the staff were kind, but the hotel was not flexible with date changes

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Great location, easy access to train line U1 and comfortable...

Limited data on wifi

Great location, easy access to train line U1 and comfortable and spacious room. Although, the wifi is limited, which I found strange given the price.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

The facilities and staff were fantastic.
    • Standard Room

The location is perfect for a show at the tempodrom but there is not much activity otherwise. No restaurants, bars, museums, etc

The facilities and staff were fantastic. Great shower, comfortable beds, good air conditioning, quiet

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Great place - unlucky with hot water failure - probably a one off but poor staff response
    • Standard Room

No hot water on Friday morning, hotel wide problem but no effort made to let us know so time wasted trying to get a hot shower. No real apology, not mentioned at checkout until we’d brought it up - after having paid - would you like a free hot drink as an apology? Supposedly the whole street was affected (do they share a boiler or is it mains hot water in Berlin?) but I’m guessing it was a one off - we were just unlucky - staff could definitely have been more proactive though. TV pretty glitchy - thought it might be the thunder but even in the morning with clear sky.

Perfect location for a gig at Tempodrom. Clean, spacious comfortable room.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Excellent hotel
    • Standard Room

Great facilities! The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. Great location if you’re willing to walk a bit to the tourist attractions.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Nice hotel, kind staff, solid location
    • Standard Room

The room was quite far from the elevator (the other side of the building apparently) and the view was not spectacular either. The wi-fi connection should be improved (was rather unstable at times in my room) and there would be a space for improvement in terms of making rooms and general hotel atmosphere more cosy.

The lobby area is absolutely spectacular, rooms are tastefully furnished and the bed as comfortable as it gets. The staff is genuinely friendly and proximity to the S bahn station and Potsdamer Plats is a plus!

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Very welcoming and helpful staff.
    • Standard Room

Very welcoming and helpful staff. The location was great close to numerous train stations. Room was clean and had a very large bathroom. Overall a very comfortable stay, I will definitely be coming back here next time I am in Berlin!

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Excellent stay in an almost perfect well located top class hotel.
    • Standard Room

The wifi was unexpectedly poor (some days OK, some days simply unusable; well, they propose an expensive upgrade...) Breakfast buffet a tad expensive. The maintenance is not perfect: joints missing around the shower glass door (I flooded the bathroom!), ugly scale marks around the shower glass door, a lamp bulb not working, the kettler spilling hot water all around... Nothing really serious in this otherwise excellent room, but these minor details made my stay not totally perfect.

Superb hotel at a reasonnable price, well located, with all the comfort you can expect from such an iconic brand. Friendly and professional staff, knowledgeable concierge, large breakfast buffet. The room was very comfortable: superb bed, large desk, modern bathroom, large cupboard, furnished fridge, good room service, calm...

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

A nice new facility
    • Standard Room

Crowne Plaza Potsdamer Platz is a misnomer. It is actually one u bahn stop from the Platz. There was a “mouldy” smell in the washroom. I did not see or hear a fan for ventilation.

A nice new facility

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Wonderful hotel, with friendly efficient staff. Restaurant great for breakfast and supper.
    • Standard Room

Spa a little tucked out of the way it you were on your own from a female perspective. No other restaurants really in the area but supper choice were good in the restaurant. Wine was expensive but that could be an average in Germany.

Great friendly staff on reception. A little more information about what to see would have been helpful. Lovely linen and towels with bath robes - wonderful. Great to be able to have had a smaller breakfast option with good prices.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Very enjoyable.

No dislikes

Breakfast excellent. Room and bathroom very good. Very friendly staff and highly efficient. A very convenient place for seeing the sights with the U Bahn two minutes away.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Was on the outskirts of a vibrant and historically interesting area.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Roadworks outside. These are only temporary tho so no problem for future visitors (I write this on 9/5/2018).

Staff were superb- helpful and informative. Beautiful building and excellent breakfast. Was on the outskirts of vibrant and historically interesting area.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Excellent Breakfest and location, Quiet room
    • Standard Room

Everything was perfect. Top Breakfest! At checking in, we have had upgraded room to deluxe, in Quiet zone with a view to courtyard. Very comfy bed with roomy bathroom. The staff was very friendly! The quality/price ratio excellent. Even the location was Gut:) 2-3min to S-bahn and 6min to U-bahn. There was an ungoing road-construction in front of a Hotel, but nothing disturbt us at all. Really surprised and totally recommending to everybody! (There is even a Sauna, but haven't had time for that)

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

N
    • Standard Room

When I looked to book, I added for filters, breakfast included. When I booked this hotel, I assumed it didn't offer breakfast, however I was the only guest in the hotel that was supposed to pay for breakfast, should I chose to eat at the hotel. All other guests, were enjoying breakfast included. There is noting special about this hotel. The street that gives you access to lobby , was in work, therefore no taxi can take you to the front of the hotel. As far as location, it is in vicinity of Postdamer Plaz, however you have to walk about 10 minutes. I feel I could have done better for the same price, maybe stay in a better area, and maybe have breakfast included. I am not happy with my choice.

N

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Spacious room
    • Standard Room

Not too happy about the cleanliness as some furniture was dusty. The sound of the fan is quite loud. The location was ok, not a very interesting area to stay in. At check-in we found out there´s an additional city tax which has to be paid. The room is a little expensive for the location of the hotel.

The room and bathroom were spacious and had all the facilities we needed. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel but you can find both Lidl and Netto nearby, as well as other restaurangs and food places.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

The staff were nice and helpful
    • Standard Room

- the first day, the towels were not clean; and generally, if cleanliness is important to you, this is not a very nice place to choose. - We tried using the spa but there was a very bad rotten smell so we got out immediately! - wasn't happy to get a room which had no windows! (there was a glass opening on the ceiling but you could only see the sky through it!)

The staff were nice and helpful

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Comfortable but annoying details.
    • Standard Room

bathroom : missing towel rails and/or hooks which ended up in confusion : only one comfortable big size towel available after the replacements for day3 (while we would have agreed to contribute to save the planet from detergents by keeping our towels )The WC in the shower area is a curious choice since you get wet feet (and maybe clothes) if you visit them after your shower. Shower in the bath tub is a poor alternative since there is only very low pressure available. The bed was quite disappointing for this category as well since when one moves, the other one does as well.

Quiet spacious room with good sound isolation, nespresso available in the room.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

The location off the hotel was good the beds was comfortable...

They don’t have spa

The location off the hotel was good the beds was comfortable the gum really when you stay in this hotel you feel like you in your home

We Price Match