Reviews of Hotel Zum Bären This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Andreasstraße 26, 99084 Erfurt, Germany

4.9

5.3

5.2

Okay

The hotel has a good location but is still under construction...which is not mentioned. So w/o go wasn't available. We also had to instruct them to make up the room on the second day

A disaster!
    • Family Room

Needed to be checked in by 6:00, normally not an issue, except for signs are for restaurant not the hotel, hotel sign not visable at night in the dark. Drove around for an hour on the small streets. When we found it there was no place to unload our luggage, Street is one way for cars and trolleys are going two ways. An impossible location. There is no elevator, our rooms were on the third floor, six flights of steps, long flights. I have bad knees and use a walker, so it was extremely difficult for me and my four family members, all adults.

Great location was the only redeeming quality.

Parking was a nightmare. The garage the owner sent us to was too short for our 9 passenger car. It took 1.5 hours to find a place to park. The room was dirty and the bed linens were very old. Even though they were non smoking rooms, it smelled of smoke because the workers smoke right outside under the windows.

The hotel is very close to the main square.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Breakfast is good.

Hotel closed and dark by arrival time (8pm). After many tries of calling the hotel number, I received an access code to get into the hotel. I was not informed about this procedure by email in advance, so I found it a bit surprising to find myself in front of a dark hotel in the middle of a city. Inform the guests in advance, and everything would be fine!

Breakfast is good. Great location.

Big room, parking right behind hotel, clean.
    • Family Room

We signed up for 5 people and they said only 4, so didn't have bedding for one person, and no one was available to help/call. Also couldn't pay with a Visa credit card.

Big room, parking right behind hotel, clean. Easy to find our key.

Only cash payments accepted???

The reason I "would not be required to pay in advance by credit card"was, simply, because payments by credit card were not accepted, only by cash!

I liked the position of the hotel within walking distance of all attractions. I also liked that I did not have to prepay my stay. The room had excellent heating.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Good in terms of location and with a proper balance price/offering, but a lot of things to improve!

1. Hotel not attended on 24/7 2. NO information about car parking at the hotel 3. Late advise about how to get the keys of the room in case of late arrival 4. No other spoken languages than German (but few hours/day which were not the hours when people get in or out from the hotel, ususally...) 5. The worst, the room was not set-up after the first night 6. No frigo-bar (despite it could have been fixed in the furniture) 7. No orange juice for breakfast!!!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

NEVER EVER

NO 24/7 RECEPTION, poor Wi-Fi signal, low water pressure in the shower, no elevator, no fridge or mini bar in the room, shabby corridors in the hotel

No wifi network at all due to reconstruction of the building...

No wifi network at all due to reconstruction of the building as they said “Free wifi” provision was written on the website

Quiet,close to centre

Cannot pay with Visa card

Quiet,close to centre

Nice hotel near the Dom

The wifi didn't work.

The bed was very big and comfy, and the room spacious.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Really great location.

Really great location.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

0. They only accept EUROPE credit cards or cash. At least they warned me when we got there so I could go find some more cash. 1.They need to tell me the address for the parking lot AHEAD OF TIME so my navigation system can take me there instead of trapping me on the street in front of hotel where trolley cars go. 2. Several lights in our room were broken and left us very much in dark when trying to read and rest in evening. 3. No lights on at all in teh Lobby area after dark, and no one working desk then to help us with problems. 4. We got GI-sick (our fault) but we did not get help cleaning room after bad night. 5. Understaffed and staff had not enough resources (like a key to the janitor closet to unplug the sink, or a key to the linen closet for extra clean towels.) 6. Breakfast was E10 each extra and this seemed expensive. And it was all gone when we got there at about 9 a.m.

Location. Modern feel. I forgot about 1st floor not being on ground floor, and they did find us a room on ground floor so my mother could get to the room instead of going up steps.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

SMELL of cigarette,impersonal treatment, awful dirty breakfast area...where do i start. There is a key that you have to get from a safe for your room, but you have toguess that you have to call in order to get it because, they would never tell youin any place in the description. Things they dont even tell you in the disclosure of the rental. Bedsheets smelled like old humidity and the bedroom had lots of dust.Also, you can ONLY PAY with EC card or cash,NO CREDIT CARDSOR ANY SORT ALLOWED, which makes it pretty fishy as a pseudo hotel. They tell you to park, but NEVER TELL YOU IS NOT INCLUDEDIN THE RENTAL UNTIL YOU HAVE TO PAY. I WOULD NEVER RECCOMEND THIS PACE TO ANYONE

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

- location

- no speak english - it's not possible to pay with visa or mastercard

- location - price

• Reviewed: 28 August 2015

Good location.

WiFi was complicated. Furnishings a bit worn.

Good location. Good value. Basic but fine.

There are also 3 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.