Reviews of Hotel Alexandra 3 stars

H.C. Andersens Boulevard 8, 1553 Copenhagen, Denmark

#13 of 102 hotels in Copenhagen

Excellent little hotel

Be aware that there are circular stairs to reach reception and rooms. Car parking is extra and you will need to contact the hotel to open the gates - it’s also quite narrow. No tea/coffee making facilities.

Neat little hotel tucked away in the middle of Gothenburg close to restaurants and shopping. Excellent breakfast included in a cafe with hot and cold choices plus I got a great latte for just 10 Swedish krona. Decent sized bathroom and quiet rooms. Helpful staff.

Nice hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

There was some noise coming from adjacent room.

We liked the decoration (50´60´). The staff was very friendly. The hotel also had a good breakfast buffet and the location was excellent. We would definitely return.

Nice hotel, good location, make sure you get a room at the rear of the hotel !

Room was a little small and facing the very busy main road which appeared to be the main route for emergency vehicles and their sirens. Windows were insulated but even this didn’t cut out the noise completely !

Comfortable room, spotlessly clean, very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

I was not impressed that my booking was not found on arrival...
    • Standard Single Room

I was not impressed that my booking was not found on arrival and I was expected to pay the full amount although I had already paid and handed over the receipt I received from bookings.com. Luckily I had proof of payment on my phone. The same scenario happened with the same receptionist 2 days later on booking out so I would be hesitant to recommend the hotel as it is a very uncomfortable experience to be asked to pay twice although payment had been completed before arrival.

there was kettle in the room

not extrimaly noisy but we had to close windows for nights no fridge no safe box the room was small, what we expected, but there was no closet to put things

there was kettle in the room good internet nice window view on the city

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Noisy hotel, I could not sleep

Room is extremely small and very noisy, no one to help with the luggage, my husband hurt his foot badly when he was carrying our suitcases to the taxi

Location Breakfast was ok

Very well located, friendly and comfortable.

Lack of fan or air conditioning

We were there during a heatwave and Copenhagen isn’t set up to deal with heat. Our only criticism is that there was no way to cool the room but I suspect that applies to most Copenhagen hotels.

Super friendly staff & great central location.

The room was really hot & sleeping with windows open meant traffic noise was loud so didn’t have the best of sleeps. But the staff tried to help by providing fan in our room & earplugs, and it was definitely not their fault we arrived in middle of a heatwave!

Really comfy bed, beautifully designed rooms - so stylish, lovely toiletries, incredibly helpful & friendly staff. Warmly welcomed every day. Also loved the free wine & nibbles every evening on our return.

Relaxing two days in Copenhagen

Lovely central location just up the street from the town hall and a 10 minute walk from the railway station. It was very clean and beautifull decorated. I loved the 60s style. All the staff were very friendly.

Great hotel close to Copenhagen central train station.
    • Standard Twin Room

The breakfast was overpriced. Not good value for money and held in an area which looked like it didn’t belong to the hotel. But the latter might change as renovations are planned.

The decoration of the rooms and public area. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. Little details like a glass of wine on the house in the evening, the offer of a voucher if you choose not to have your room cleaned for the duration of your stay ... were very appreciated.

Great location, but super small shower

The bathroom was rather small, and the shower was ridiculously small, especially for those of us who are over six feet tall (as is the case for my husband and myself). Also, the restaurant associated with the hotel is convenient, but the food was not that great (we ate there for dinner one night after getting a voucher for choosing to not have our room cleaned). We did not go for breakfast, though, so cannot speak to the quality of the breakfast.

Location was great, staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was a great size with a comfortable bed.

HUGE STANDARD ROOM DIFFERENCE

I was travelling with my family, so i booked 3 rooms, one superior for my parents, 2 double standards for me and my brother, when i walked in my room, it was tiny, we couldnt even open 2 luggages, for my surprise when i entered my brothers (the other so called Standard room) it was full of space, with 2 large windows, and a big bathroom, i called the reception disappointed because if i hadnt got the chance to look to my brother room, i would never known that theres a HUGE difference between the standard rooms, they said to me that they were fully booked for that night and that they could only make changes for the other night, BUT i would have to change my luggage by my own, and leave it on the storagge room, to move to the other room later also by my own, a room that they could not guarantee it would be larger than my tiny one... THE BREAKFAST is served on a small cafe with a door connected to the hotel on the lobby, with very poor options, and you pay extra

Great Location, walking distance from the center and Nyhavn, great lobby decor

Loved the place. Strongly recommended.

No complaints.

I love this hotel. The staff are friendly, well-informed and helpful. It has a design theme... each room is furnished according to a different design era. The common areas and lobby have fascinating exhibits and descriptions of Danish design icons. It's perfectly located for all the main sights being only a short stroll to the Tivoli and minutes from the canals and harbour. We were offered a complimentary glass of wine when we returned after a day out. Nice touch. We will be returning.

Never again - twice was once too often.
    • Standard Single Room

OMG the night from hell! My second stay there, so was expecting okay if basic, like the single room before. This single room, on the 5th floor, was actually poky, rather than 'economical'. Then at 2.30am local time, I was woken by what sounded like a helicopter hovering above the roof. I waited for it to fly away. But it didn't. It stayed, loudly whirring, until I was fully awake. I got up and opened the window, but the noise got quieter! Closed the window, it got louder. I realised it was machinery in the walls. I phoned reception, who answered straight away and said, yeah, I've mentioned that to the owner, thought he'd done something about it. I can move you to the 3rd floor. Long story short, I put my head on the pillow in the new room and - whirr, whirr - there it was again, quieter but still audible. So I was moved again, to a double room on the other side of the hotel (the main road side), where I only slept many hours later. I was also told I'd have to move rooms again in the morning for my 2nd night, as the room was booked out. So I took my bags down to reception in the morning, ready to move, to be told that I could stay in the double room the extra night. That night was better, but noisy from the street. Still, no sleep the night before plus sleeping pills equals unconsciousness, so it didn't bother me so much.

Good fruit salad and range of teas at an otherwise pretty unremarkable breakfast buffet. Bread was extremely salty, though rolls were warm and fresh. Limited range of cold options, no fish option except chopped up with cheese, no hot vegetable option. But the chopped melons and pineapple were delicious - fresh, soft, tasty.

I love this hotel, I definitely recommend you going

I love this hotel, I definitely recommend you going It was on the bus route from the ferry and 5 mins walk to the train station, with really good access to the city centre as it’s across the road from the city hall (about 5 mins walk) The retro furniture and feel of the hotel is amazing. It’s like going to the Danish design museum. My room was 60’s inspired and I wanted to take all the furniture home with me. It had everything I needed and more. The staff were really helpful and the breakfast was in the restaurant attached and was really nice You could opt to not have your room cleaned on a daily basis and got a £10 voucher off the attached restaurant each day, which is brilliant for you and the environment They had their own hotel bike but I didn’t try them out

Character, full of design, great staff, central.
    • Standard Twin Room

Shower made bathroom floor very wet... sorry forgot to mention it when we checked out.

A hotel with character, interesting and beautifully collated spaces, rich in mid century design. Staff friendly and v helpful, when we had had a problem with one of the bikes we had hired from them, it was dealt with v professionally and sorted. Great central location for exploring Copenhagen. Nice touches in hotel, library of design books, information and recommendations from local staff posted as art work around the hotel.

A place to recommend

It was unusually hot in Copenhagen and there was no air conditioning

It was a great experience. Beautiful designed room from the fifties. Location of the hotel was perfect, very convenient walking distance to many attractions.

Danish furniture takes center stage at this comfortable, cozy boutique property.

It's about a 700/800m walk equidistant from either Central Station or the Nørreport metro stop, and since we prefer taking the train into town from the airport, we had to huff it with the luggage.

The obvious care they took to design the hotel as an homage to Danish furniture has paid great dividends. Neither the rooms nor the property itself is large, but because everything is so well laid-out, there's good "flow." Was initially worried about our 15sqm room size, but again because of the thoughtful organization it felt quite spacious. Charming and helpful staff, particularly Anna at the Front Desk who recommended a perfect frequented-by-locals place to have dinner.

Enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend your facility
    • Standard Twin Room

Wash cloth in room. Better informed staff. Leaving key at front desk. Instruction in room how to operated TV and coffee pot.

Room, Comfy Bed, Telling staff not to make up room ( good economics)

Pleasant and enjoyable. Would recommend the hotel for a week-end break.

The room was a 'superior' room but was still quite small with little space for clothes. The bath would have been too small if we had wanted to use that but the shower was OK.

Location was central and easy to get to/from. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was reasonable but not exceptional. Free glass of wine in the evening was a nice touch.

Nice, quiet. Friendly staff

Expensive. Bicycles couöd have been included in those rates. Did not taje breakfast, too expensive (19 Eiros?)

The pasdion for Scanivavian furniture from rhe 50ies and 60ies.

Location was very good, staff friendly, room design nice and...

Our room wasn't not so quiet and there were some renovations in our bathroom while we were out.

Location was very good, staff friendly, room design nice and cozy. Also we got one free glass of wine in one night. Didn't eat at the hotel.

Everything from the people to the facilities were incredible and I would absolutely stay again!

The staff were extremely helpful and courteous! The option to decline housekeeping in exchange for a voucher was another wonderful bonus that we greatly enjoyed! The hotel is truly a wonderful itself - fantastic design!

Great interior from the 50s with a modern twist and good atmosphere. Just don’t stay on 1st floor.

We had a room on the first floor on the road side, and couldn’t sleep because of the noise from the road (a very busy road). I also thought the bed wasn’t comfortable.

I really liked the style of the place and the atmosphere — informal yet very well decorated. I like the concept of Danish interior design from the 50s with a contemporary twist. Also great value for quality.

The location is perfect for a short stay to Copenhagen,...

Very expensive for what it was, the room was very basic compared to the price paid.

The location is perfect for a short stay to Copenhagen, walking distance to all the main attractions and close to bars/restaurants.

We were at the back of the hotel so no great view but I suspect it was quieter there...

A fantastic place to stay. We were in a superior double which was comfortable in size. The design and decor are obviously stunning and the bed was fabulous (and beautifully retro). Staff delightful, free wine on coming back on a Fri and Sat eve, bike rental available, very near the station, I could go on... We would definitely stay again.

Good location with some free added benifits

Good location, close to most things of interest. Welcome drink on arrival and food voucher offered in exchange for not cleaning room on daily basis. Ask for rooms on higher floors, quieter and more private if want to leave wsindow open.

Great location and helpful staff. The building is adorable with lovely design.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The shower was really tight and you couldn’t turn around with out getting the curtain in your face.

The staff was helpful and kind. It was in an easy area to access all we wanted to do.

Good and comfortable stay.
    • Standard Single Room

Single bed was smaller than I expected. It took time to adjust the temperature of hot water at the bath room.

Good location and warm atmosphere with beautiful Scandinavian furnitures.

The room was very quaint and the furniture theme is nice.

The cleaning staff were really weird. They cleaned my room despite a DND sign that I put on the door. They have a policy where they give you a voucher if you don't get the room cleaned and I availed but they still cleaned my room anyway. I had to intervene at their desk to make sure that my room was not being cleaned when I didn't want it to be cleaned. The shower could be better.

The room was very quaint and the furniture theme is nice. Try the mango lassi from their restaurant - it was great!!! Breakfast was decent as well if you opt for it. Staff was helpful.

The size of the bed was very good, very spacious.

The towels were not changed, a soaking wet towel was hung back up and not replaced.

The size of the bed was very good, very spacious. The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Hotel in perfect location for main train station and getting to the centre of the city.

No instructions on how to use the safe.

Comfortable bed. Tea and coffee making facilities. Cheerful, helpful reception staff. Free glass of wine before going up to room at night.

Nice as expected, no problems at all
    • Standard Twin Room

Surroundings are a bit noisy (from the street traffic, neither Tivoli garden nor close CPH Main station were any issue ), but its kinda "penalty" you have to pay for the close-to-city-center location and I am perfectly ok with it.

Fair price, nice and helpfull staff, all needed stores within walking distance. For trip to the city town I absolutely fell in love with "hydro-bus" lines 991/992 which I highly recommend.

amazing experience!

The breakfast could be better

super nice interior with a lot of Danish design pieces, the receptionists are super helpful, I did followed their recommendations and enjoyed the city a lot! I will absolutely choose Alexandra Hotel next time when I come to Copenhagen!!

Amazing place to stay in Copenhagen! Wonderful staff and perfect location

We stayed in the Alexander for three nights at the end of March. It was the perfect place for us. The hotel is decorated so cute. The rooms were large and very clean. The staff was so helpful in giving us places to go for dinner and check out. We rented bikes for two days from the hotel and we were able to bike everywhere in the city we hoped to go. We will definitely stay here again if we are ever back in Copenhagen.

A nice, friendly, stylish hotel worth checking out if you can get a good deal.
    • Standard Single Room

A nice atmosphere with great decor and friendly staff. A great location with Torvehallerne Market and the Meat Packing District both a short walk away. The rooms were simple and clean. They had a great perk of earning some money off at their restaurant if you chose to not have your room cleaned, helping to save the environment.

The guy at the reception was not very friendly maybe because...
    • Standard Twin Room

The guy at the reception was not very friendly maybe because we were young (two university students) and not considered to be the most desirable clients. A bit short-sighted because we might be your next Elon Musks, Mark Zuckerbergs and Steve Jobs...We might seek accomodation elsewhere next time even though the hotel was very nice and extremely well located

Great hotel

Nothing to note

Very comfy beds nice decor through out the hotel complementary wine every evening a bonus. Great location for exploring Copenhagen. Staff all very friendly helpful and professional.

Spacious rooms. Beautifully designed furniture. Close to restaurants and trains.

Nothing really.

This was my second time at Hotel Alexandra. I liked the spaciousness of the room the first time, the beautifully designed furniture, the ergonomic writing desk and the proximity to eating places and the train stations so much that it has become my default hotel in Copenhagen. I booked a single room the second time and was quite happy with the well laid out room - the same qualities that I enjoyed the first time. The only thing that is holding me back from writing a review is that it becomes too popular and I may not get a room the next time !!!

Danish modern hotel, prefect for design fans and non design fans alike
    • Standard Twin Room

It's a non-smoking hotel, but our room smelt strongly of cigarettes. Staff moved us immediately

Design of the rooms is fantastic and so much attention to detail

convenient and well priced, will use again for business

the rooms & hotel looked a little dated, not tired but very old fashioned- more of a personal thing

fab location close to my office, and wifi was great with no outage at any point.

Toilet/shower room could have been better with soap or amenities place. In addition, very small shower room and not flexible shower pipe plus overhead shower

Location and overall room style

the most stylish boutique hotel
    • Standard Single Room

the retro danish decoration style is so fascinating, table and chair and and lamp and wallpaper is all stylish, the bathroom with white tile and black stone looks very neat and clean. there are posters and notes on the corridor wall to show the famous furniture masterpieces of danish design and the lobby is really a lovely space. such a unique and wonderful experience to soak in the danish design. As single room, the room is rather spacious, and very comfortable bed. everything in the room is well placed and convenient. 24 hours front desk with kind and helpful staff. good location, bus 5c right accoss the street and 2 stops(or 15min walk) to Norreport. and the 24 hours supermarket Netto is also across the street.

We loved staying at Hotel Alexandra, the hotel is beautiful & the Danish design furnitures are cool

Perhaps the shower can be updated a little, but it does add to the overall retro charm and worked fine!

Hotel Alexandra was amazing! The location is super central but also close to some cute and less touristy streets. The bed was very comfy and everything looks great! Maybe if you're used to big (American) hotels and hotel rooms, it can be a little small but this is normal for European rooms. The bathroom is nice but maybe a little old fashioned. Staff is very friendly and also they have a well priced bike hire!

I was concerned that January in Copenhagen could be difficult, however the stay was really good.
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff were friendly and helpful, but then they are Danish, so not surprised. The location is very good and hotel were very helpful about looking after luggage, as we had a late evening flight. My adult son was with me and also enjoyed the visit. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and hope to return there in the future.

A really lovely stay in a clean, comfortable and centrally located hotel.

It would have been great to have a bath in the bathroom.

Great staff - very helpful and polite. The bed was really comfortable, the room was super clean and although the hotel is on a pretty busy road, the windows do a great job of keeping the noise out! I slept like a log! I was also pleased with the room size, having anticipated a small room from reading about general hotel room size in CPH, but a standard double was definitely roomy enough for 2 people. Great minimalist and tasteful decor too.

Clean room, toilets and best location in copenhagen
    • Standard Twin Room

very clean spacious , clean toilets, cleaner then the tivoli hotel i stayed at earlier which was very expensive also very close to cafes and walking street

More budget than design/eco-friendly

Our room felt tired, with broken bedside lamps, a bathroom faucet that sprayed everywhere, and no bottled water or basic toiletries. The staff were generally friendly, but when we collected our baggage after checking out, the person at the front desk didn't even look up from the computer where they appeared to be shopping online to say goodbye to us, let alone ask us how our stay was, or if we would like them to call us a cab. So rude. Left a bad taste in my mouth after a 5 night stay, and no complaints from us about the shortcomings of the hotel - until now.

ideal for two friends in a twin room, comfortable, elegant and high quality. Would 100% return

we didn't have any room cleaning so as to make the most off the 'green key' and get £10.00 off, but later discovered that we couldn't use the £10.00 for breakfast, or use it for a discount on ur room bull but only for lunch, and we know no lunch is £10.00 so really the hotel are using it to make more money from people. If i came again i would get the maid service instead, it i not an real incentive.

The design is very nice and its very clean comfortable and elegant. We were offered a drink on arrival and all of the staff were very nice, they also have umbrellas for you to take in the rain which is a helpful touch

Unique and lovely place to stay!
    • Standard Single Room

Lack of access control swipe cards. Had to leave key at reception and use a card to get back in

Excellent Location. Friendly Staff and quirky comfortable rooms

Chose another hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Reception staff, lighting, heating.

To be honest, we were very disappointed in this hotel, from the moment we checked in, the young man at the reception desk was really not that interested. We stayed in the room decorated in 70's style, which was nice enough, but terrible lighting, the heating in the room was almost non existant and we were very cold. There was a very small electric fan heater, ridiculous. To be honest, the beds were nothing special either. We enquired about breakfast as couldn't recall whether it was included in room rate, no it wasn't and it was an extortionate amount, come on - the hotel room rate was extremely high for what it was, minimal heating in December, almost no lighting and they also turned the wifi off during the night as when we woke early, the message was Wifi is turned off at Hotel Alexandra or similar. Good location though, only a few minutes walk from Central station and the best part of the hotel was the friendly cleaning staff we chatted to in the corridors. From prior reviews, we were looking forward to staying here, sadly not again.

My wife and I stayed in the Finn Juhl room. Surperb.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Being Winter the room was air conditioned which was lovely coming into after a long day of sightseeing but throughout the night felt a little stuffy. Easily resolved though by leaving a window slightly ajar.

The prominence of Danish furniture within the hotel gives you a real sense of location and place. The hotel has a warm, authentic charm- not overly modern and lifeless nor dated.

Friendly staff, Excellent WIFI, cosy atmosphere at the hotel...

The shower could have been better. There was not a lot of water pressure. (But perhaps that was a temporary problem ?)

Friendly staff, Excellent WIFI, cosy atmosphere at the hotel, Fine location in the city center

Comfortable bed, good wi-fi, Danish old school 70s design.

Lightning in the room. There could a big lamp in the center of the ceiling.

Comfortable bed, good wi-fi, Danish old school 70s design. Very friendly staff. Hotel is easy to find and located perfectly between the central station

Fabulous mid-century design hotel in center of Copenhagen

No shampoo and conditioner available in the bathroom - it might have been available if I'd asked reception.

Fabulous design hotel in the centre of Copenhagen. Great mid-century modern vibe with comfortable furnishings and engaging, helpful staff. Free drink on arrival and bikes available to hire. Would definitely recommend.

Nice place.
    • Standard Single Room

A bit of a splash on the bathroom floor following a shower, but no big problem.

Nice place. Friendly staff. Clean. Good location. Fair prices. Great Vietnamese restuarant co-located (and used for good breakfast).

Beautiful

The bed and pillows too soft , I wouldn’t recommended to someone with a weak back or back problems

Very nice decor , spaces and furniture. The staff was great !

Pleasant.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The lower rooms should have “day curtains” for the windows. We were located on 1st floor room. People across the street can see what we do in the room, We had to close the thick curtain but the room gets dark.

Location is excellent.

1950s style room for a 1980s guy
    • Standard Single Room

Single bed was a little narrow for myself, and I'm a skinny guy.

The general style of the hotel is very cool, each floor is set to a different decade. On check-in was given the option of having my room made up the next morning or 100kr voucher for the restaurant or bar. Nice idea to cut waste and one I haven't seen at different hotels. On getting into the hotel after a night out offered a free glass of wine! Don't mind if I do ;)

The location, was really convenient and close to the city...
    • Standard Single Room

The room was too small, and the bed was crazy small, I got used to get more comfort/value for the same money (not my first trip to Copenhagen).

The location, was really convenient and close to the city center. Staff was very friendly and supportive.

Highly recommended if you like danish design

- it would be nice with a small and cozy breakfast room

- focus on Danish design/vintage. Not the usual chain hotel - welcoming front desk - reasonable price for Copenhagen - Considering the category of the hotel, this is better than one could expect

Thoroughly enjoyable and comfortable stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

Excellent corner room with mini balcony on 4th floor. Danish period furnishings. Comfortable bed and excellent bathroom facilities. Good buffet breakfast downstairs. Handy to taxis and public transport (buses). Secure baggage storage room. Staff were absolutely fantastic. Friendly, professional and a great help.

Relaxing, convenient to city and surrounds. Comfortable facilities in room

No particular problem

So convenient and the hotel itself has a lovely feel. The pride to be a little boutique style makes me want to return again and again.

Staying at Hotel Alexandra was great start to our Danish vacation with its unique Danish decor.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I loved the mid century modern decor and the high ceilings. The hotel is in a good location, within easy reach to museums, Tivoli and other sights either by walking or public transportation.

The hotels location was perfect for travelers that needed to...

It did get loud in the evenings but keeping the windows open during the day and closing at night with the fan worked well for us.

The hotels location was perfect for travelers that needed to use public transportation or walked places. Centrally located and close to amazing places to eat, drink and get breakfast. The hotel was clean, in a safe area and the staff were wonderful. The room was a perfect size, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom had all the necessary items needed. There was no AC but a fan in the room and the sound proof windows were perfect, blocked all the noise and when open there was a nice breeze. There was a secure baggage storage location and the staff really were available to provide helpful tips all the time. When we travel to Denmark again we will stay here again.

Great location but rooms need some updating

Room was very dated and didn't really match the design-led downstairs reception area I also thought it was very expensive for what you got - no aircon, no minibar

Excellent location close to Tivoli and the main railway station Very friendly and efficient reception staff Range of breakfast items good

• Standard Twin Room

It's not a four star hotel. Rooms were basic. I stayed in two stars that had nicer accommodations than this hotel. Rooms were noisy because you had to keep the window open because of no air conditioning.

good location, friendly staff

The phone did not work nor the tv. They came to fix, the phone still didn't work, the tv was on when we came back ... had to unplug it to turn it off. They did compensate us with free breakfast for one morning.

good location, friendly staff

Copenhagen is Expensive -- Good Mid-Range Hotel to Protect Your Budget!

Having said the hotel was 1970's Scandinavian style, that also means the room I was in was dominated by the double bed, and didn't appear to have been updated since the late 1970's, early 1980's.

The dominant style of the hotel was 1970's Scandinavian, and if you are a fan -- throughout the hotel, but especially in the lobby you will observe several fine examples of award-winning furniture and accessories. The staff was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. In sunny, nice weather (it was rainy and windy when I traveled) there is a patio where you could eat, read, or just relax. The location was outstanding, walking distance from Tivoli Gardens, excellent restaurants with multiple food choices, banks, public transportation, whatever a visitor would need.

Very well designed, great staff and good location!
    • Standard Single Room

The value for money was quite ok, location is very good walking distance to most sites. The staff amazing, very helpful. The room wasn't huge, but very well designed and with a great bathroom and shower =) Keep the good job, I would definitely come back.

The Honesty bar concept at the lobby was great!
    • Standard Twin Room

The Honesty bar concept at the lobby was great! Pour your own drinks at the bar and let the staff know what you had and they'll charge you in the end of your stay as you check out.

Discrete and comfortable

Some of The bathroom light bulbs were not working. The soap dispenser in the shower was empty and the shower and sink were not very clean. I was too tired and then busy to ask for this to be addressed.

Charming, accommodating staff team. They were smiling and seemed genuinely happy to see us.

Charming Danish Hotel in Perfect Location
    • Deluxe Double Room

There is a fan in the room which we had to use when we closed the windows. The lack of air conditioning was the only negative, but I imagine that it is not needed very often.

The hotel is in a perfect location with helpful, friendly staff. It is an old hotel decorated in Danish style which makes it more interesting than hotels that look the same the world over. It is fairly small so there is none of the hustle and bustle of larger places. I would definitely recommend it. Even though our room was right on the main boulevard, when we closed the windows, we could not hear any noise from the traffic and celebrations of the newly graduated students.

• Standard Twin Room

Our twin bed room was very small, with only about five feet between the end of the bed and the wall and less between the beds. There was one luggage rack but if you have a hard side, clamshell opening suitcase, as many people do today, the only place to open it was on a bed or on the floor. If you have more than one, you have to take turns. (We've had this problem in other European hotels.) No mini-bar, had to go to connecting restaurant for ice, no shampoo. There was a small glass barrier between the shower and bathroom, no lip or sill between and no bathmat so the bathroom floor got very wet. Adjusting water temperature in shower was maddening. Housekeeping didn't remove dirty glasses. The public area was pleasant enough but the room was very uncomfortable.

The note-l feture Danich design in a.
    • Standard Single Room

Breakfast a little les copious. Than to more expensive hotels but still fine

The note-l feture Danich design in a. -pleasing way[. It's livrions is superb, which men's the rooms re. Bit smlll. But they are extremely clean and c0infortabbkee. The stafff is very helpfully l. I would certainly return ti this hotel when Ne if I come back to Denmark.

Browse Hotel Alexandra traveller photo gallery