Reviews of Best Western Plus Hotel City Copenhagen 4 stars

Peder Skrams Gade 24, 1054 Copenhagen, Denmark

#25 of 102 hotels in Copenhagen

• Standard Single Room

Basically there is only one staff at the lobby, which forced me to wait several times. (The key to room is not card type, but with a heavy metal chain that requires us to hand over to a concierge when we go out) A shower space in the bath room is very small. Breakfast is not so bad, but fruits seemed not fresh. It is convenient for us to be able to borrow a cycle at the hotel, but the brake of the cycle did not work well.

Location is very good. It is close to Nyhavn, and takes only 5-6mins to Metro station. That we can borrow a cycle is also nice.

• Standard Queen Room

I had a standard queen room and it was TINY. Bed pushed against the wall and hardly any floor space. Glad I was traveling alone for this stay.

Great breakfast and great, central location - walking distance to everything.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room clean need to improve Hard to call for a taxi at the morning time.

The hotel is near the new harbor. Safe and quiet. The staffs are friendly. Breakfast is very good.

• Deluxe Double Room

Very expensive. I understand the city is expensive, but i fell that for this price they could include some free water in the room, and there wasn't. Breakfast also could be a bit better, having a decent coffee machine at least.

The bed and the room is cozy. The hotel is great, also the location is amazing, close to everything. Bike rental also is cheap, comparing to CPH and convenient.

• Standard Queen Room

It was very warm when we were in Copenhagen and our room was stifling. Not good after a long day walking the city. The bed was small and one side was up against the wall. So not easy to get in and out at night. They do have larger rooms but we paid a premium price already.

The breakfast was amazing.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

hotel and room are very old and tired, rooms are very small and not cozy, everything creaks - floor and doors and even safe-door...., room is very tired, and everything inside is old and poor, shower cabin is very old and with mold in corners, no fridge (you can't cool your food or drinks), no minibar, no air-condition (only old fan in wardrobe), very thin walls (you hear everything what your neighbour doing), very noisy reconstruction of house close to the hotel (people starting to saw and knock at 7 AM), breakfast is poor and the same all days, finally - hyper-overpriced, not recommend

young people at reception desk were very friendly and helpful, location is quite good for tourists, possible to rent a bicycles at reception

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms do not present air-conditioner or noise-cancelling walls. We could hear everything like people were inside our own rooms.

The breakfast is really amazing. Plenty of different options. Staff is also extremely polite and helpful. The hotel offers a bike rental that is extremely convenient for the city tour!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Shower was a little small and the head wouldn't stay up (being 6ft meant I had to hold it up) Being top floor and hot weather the room did get warm.

Breakfast was a good mix, plenty of food and drinks and happy for you to take away a coffee! Staff were really friendly and happy to help book restaurants. The location was amazing for Nahyvn and the water front, 20mins to Tivoli but such a nice city to walk through was fine!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

terrible value tiny and tired rooms very basic hotel

The hotel was extremely basic and the rooms were tiny and tired, in need of modernisation. The shower room was small you could not help constantly bumping into the walls. The rooms was vastly overpriced, I paid £250 for a standard room (tiny) and £285 for a premium room (very small) and I would put the right amount to pay for these rooms tro be around £60-£80. In sum this is a 2 star hotel that charges 4 star prices. Also the image on your website of an imposing hotel frontage is completely misleading. The hotel frontage is completely nondescript, and the side street it is situated in is also nondescript. A massive disappointment, you should reconsider how you promote this hotel

• Standard Queen Room

We arrived at 8 am off a cruise ship hoping to check in early. The desk clerk just said no come back at 3pm. The hotel did not seem that crowded and it seemed that she could have made a call to the maid and asked her to prepare one room but he made no effort. We returned at 1pm hopeful one room had been cleaned and the answer was no come back at 3 pm. We finally got in but the attitude wasn't the most helpful.

Breakfast was very good and fresh wide with a wide variety of items

• Standard Single Room

the only think I feel was missing for me was a hotel restaurant for evening dinning

I liked everything about the hotel it was spotlessly clean nothing was to much trouble for the staff, I liked the location of the hotel it was very central and easy to get to transport links - I was a solo female traveller and felt very safe throughout my holiday.

• Standard Queen Room

Small room, and without possibility to regulare trmperature in the room (no AC). At the end of April it was difficult to sleep because of the heat.

Good location. Very good breakfast.

Staff friendliness, comfort, atmosphere

Not a good value - no ambiance. Check in clerk obviously does not like her job. Requested some ice and got a small styrofoam cup of ice....no washcloths in bathroom..Uncomfortable pillows...room had a weird odor - thank goodness, we were able to open the window and air it out.....lousy coffee......Poor value for the money but decent location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I travelled with my wife and at the first day they gave as a small room with two separate beds and the bathroom must have had many years to be renovated. But then the next day they switched this room with another one which was better and had a single double standard bed.

The location is perfect for having walks in the city and the stuff isvery helpful, polite and friendly. The breakfast was quite good as well.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Pillows were way too soft for us. There was a stink in the room’s toilet and the toilet was very small but manageable since we were there for only two nights.

Location! Within walking distance to most attractions; Nyhavn was round the corner. A reasonable spread for breakfast.

• Standard Single Room

Room was tiny, single bed size, claustrophobic unfortunatelly.

Great food, great dinning area,great staff. Great location, where all the main tourist attractions are.

• Standard Queen Room

We have been several times in this hotel. This time we booked the standard room and we get a very small room and a very small bed. We asked the receptionfor a better room and they gave us an other room, which was much better.

• Standard Queen Room

A ledge hangs over the bathroom sink, ensuring that water will end up all the floor. Also, the curtains hung over my head and pillows so that I'd wake up to find they were already open

Beautiful lobby and great location, but the rooms aren't as well-designed

• Standard Queen Room

We had to move on. We tried to extend our stay but the price for the next 3 nights more than doubled and that was just too much

Nearly everything though the decor was definitely quirky. Location good - not too far from main places to see in Copenhagen. Pleasant staff. Breakfast excellent. Kettle for tea in the room. And the price for our 3 night stay was good. BUT

• Standard Queen Room

The bed sheets were stained. Room was small and poorly designed. Expensive for the size of the room

Excellent location, within walking distance of major attractions, metro and very good restaurants. Breakfast was excellent, with wide choice of hot and cold options. Staff were helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was awful. Limited choice, burnt bacon, dry scrambled eggs. Walls of the room were paper thin so there was little privacy and no quiet.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The radiator wasn't working in my room the first night, it was freezing cold outside and I was sick. There is no air-con in the hotel just central heating. I had to move to another room the next day. The rooms looking at the back are very depressing. It is more like a 3 star than a 4.

• Standard Queen Room

Our room was quite small although very compact and clean, we had everything we needed. Also there were 2 lifts and 1 was out of order for our entire stay, but we were able to use the other one. Can't really complain :)

Staff and food at breakfast was fabulous! They were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble, everything was fresh and tables were cleared regularly. We had a lovely stay here and would really like to return someday. Also there were great showers in the rooms, neat but very clean and compact.

• Standard Queen Room

You can hear noises from the street. It' s far not busy street but the windows are old which is absolutely respectful for such a building. Just if a person is sensitive to noises, ask for a room which is not facing the street. Coffee. If it's 4star design hotel with FritzHansen furniture, Bestlite lighting, Arne Jaconsen pictures at the wall, and if I am there sitting on that 800eur chair, the coffee that hotel serves for breakfast should taste much different. Real design. Real coffee. Very simple.

Very comfortable bed. Location is Excellent. Breakfast is very good (except coffee but there is always chance to order one real coffee at the bar :))

• Standard Single Room

I have enjoyed spending one night in this well-located hotel, just near the Nyhavn area of Copenhagen and walking distance from the Kogens Nytorv metro station. Staff is great, so was breakfast. I totally recommend this hotel to other travellers, be it business or leisure.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing we did not like - all to our satisfaction

Firstly, the smile we received as we walked in. Extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was top class and facilities were good.

• Standard Queen Room

Before this hotel, we were fans of Best Western hotels- we’ve stayed on hotels from the same chain over Europe and the US, and always when traveling I was looking for a Best Western to stay because I used to believe the bed quality was great. However, unfortunately this hotel was extremely disappointing! I’ve never felt so uncomfortable in a hotel before as I did in this one. Honestly, it felt like being in a hostel. The beds were not confortable at all! They were too soft and since my first night to my last one I could not sleep an entire night without waking up in the middle of the night with back pain - I couldn’t handle the pain and had to take pills during my stay. In addition, the room was too warm and cleanliness was not a priority for them. I’ve stayed in the hotel for 6 night and my bathroom were not properly cleaned, not even once! There were a terrible smell and it felt very uncomfortable. I also requested a room with good WiFi connection for working reason before arriving and I didn’t get it! At first we got a room which was extremely small with no desk - it hardly fit two persons inside the room at the same time. We complained at the reception because the ad said we had a desk (which was important for me as I had to work) and they changed our room for a reasonable size one (not big). However we also complained because the ad in Booking said we had a city view and we didn’t! According to the staff, Booking puts all the facility details as default and they cannot change it... so they said we should complain with Booking. In the end, the room we got was in the 4th floor and the internet connection was very bad, I was not able to make Skype calls using my video at the same time and all the things together I am very disappointed with Best Western.

Good breakfast. Helpful staff. Good location

• Standard Queen Room

Continue with the level of service.

The breakfast was exceptional, fresh produce every day. The service was very good. Very helpful staff, Rebeka was very informative in giving directions to our requests.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Prefer a bath in the room. Quality of cooked food at breakfast not great. Bar not very inviting. Noise outside early in the morning. No fridge.

Location was good. Beds comfortable. Towels were soft.

• Standard Queen Room

- very tiny room - there is nothing in the bathroom - sometimes it takes up to 10 minutes to catch up the elevator [!] No laundry and ironing service in the hotel. That is the most problem I had. Was in Copenhagen for the business and need to refresh my suit as I always do. That's why I selected 4-stars hotel and check the laundry service as well. So, I was totally upset when they could not help me with ironing. Again, it was the main thing I've chosen this hotel.

- close to the city center - nice bars near the hotel - kind and friendly staff - nice hall

• Standard Queen Room

car park car park car park. while I was doing my reservation I asked for free car park, but once I get there, it was street park and you have to pay around 200 kroner for around 10 hours. once I asked the reception the guy looked at me with no meaning. please drop parking from your facilities in booking because there is no parking belong to even hotel. ıf you are lucky enough you can find a parking place two or three street behind.

nice location and warm rooms

• Standard Single Room

Room is too small and a bit old, but it is very clean!

Breakfast was excellent(good cheese), staff was friendly and perfect location(walking distance to the city, next to all the good restaurants).

• Standard Single Room

Small room with a very bad smell from the restroom. WiFi really poor, for most of the day not even ok to check mails

Exccellent position, in the heart of the city for a reasonably low price

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Due to the lack of the basic facilities, this is not a 4 star hotel: - no air conditioning which in 2018 should not be reserved for luxury rooms only ( as we were told ) - no restaurant, tiny bar served by the reception staff On top of this: - strange smell on the corridors and in the tiny, tiny bathroom - although refurbished ??? the room still looked touched up rather than updated, with shabby bits of furniture - location - depending what you are after (far to the station, shopping and Copenhagen's no 1 attraction Tivoli gardens)

Tasty breakfast, good selection of quality foods

• Standard Single Room

Last time I stayed I was in a larger room on floor 3 or 4. This time I was in the studio with a twin bed against the wall on floor 1. I woke up every time I turned, because I hit the wall. Also, the shower was tiny and has a lever you pull outward. Any time you moved you would hit the lever and turn to cold or turn off the water. Finally, only one elevator was working. It was hard to get luggage up and down. All other days I used the stairs.

The breakfast is amazing! It is eggs, bacon, sausage, buttered beans, all the pastries you can imagine, bread, yogurt, deli meats, cheeses, fruit, OJ, coffee, hot chocolate, milk, and ginger shots. It is included and the best part. The room is clean and you have a mini bar of water, chips, and chocolate bar. The location is perfect to the city center, shopping, and Copenhagen walking tours. Great Thai place to eat called Thai Take Away, Sushi at Sushi Karma, and Pakistani food down the street. If you go further you have a ton more choices in food choices.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No negative issues worthy of any mention.

Very comfortable, reasonable hotel, well located for Copenhagen city centre and other sights nearby M2 metro station at Konhgens Nytorv for easy transfer to/from airport. Very pleasant, helpful staff and very good buffet breakfasts. Ideal hotel for short stay in Copenhagen.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The initial room we were given was too small, but the employees helped us to change the room once bigger options became available.

Clean room Great staff Great location (good neighbourhood) Good breakfast

• Standard Queen Room

I really liked the friendliness, sympathy, and happiness of the staff. A good breakfast with some variety and a very quality products. The rooms were always very clean. the localization it's very very good.

• Standard Queen Room

I booked a Queen Double Room, but when we arrived (A late check in at 10pm) we were given a room with 2 single beds pushed together (With that horrible gap!) AND 2 single duvets and broken bedside lamps. We put up with it for the night and complained in the morning. They moved us to a double room, but still the bed had 2 single duvets?! Really strange! The pillows seemed square and small also, so the 2 nights sleep wasn't great. I wouldn't class this as a 4* hotel, it's more a 2* - 3*! For £120 a night, you definitely expect better!

The hotel is in a really good location (5 minute walk to Nyhaven & Copenhagen centre) and the breakfast was really good.

• Standard Single Room

Check-in took quite a bit time. Coffee is not fresh (instant coffee) and an easy accessible power outlet for charging phone near the bed would be an improvement.

Good rooms - all what you'd expect.

Slow WiFi

The hotel is smack full of design furniture, lamps and art making this a mekka for people who like modern design. Large, spacious room and a comfortable bed. Nice breakfast spread with lots of fresh bread and Danish cakes.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very low cleanliness, missing comfort, small bathroom (not even able to stand properly). No options for Vegan food in breakfast so not of use taking breakfast option. Anything additional required, needs to collect from reception.

Location was close to Metro station. There is a bicycle is available on rent.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room and bathroom were pretty small, even though it was not a problem for the room, the shower was uncomfortable. Furniture was old, and floor had squeaking spots. The breakfast was not of a great variety.

We stayed at this hotel for four nights. Location is great! Most of the attractions are within walking distance. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good and tasty. Staff was friendly.

• Standard Queen Room

The staff helped me out with a tricky situation. I won't go into details but Tobias, Rebekka and the girl who checked me in (didn't get her name) were just great. Nice hotel, excellent location. Will *definitely* return.

• Standard Single Room

The single room was small, but this isn't a deal breaker for me

The breakfast was really good. It was also very easy to walk to the popular places like Nyhavn and several museums. Very convenient to get to and from the airport. WiFi worked really well

• Standard Queen Room

Rooms are small, old, no fridge. For the money we payed, you would get a very nice room in any other european capital. This hotel doesn`t even deserve 3 stars. I had the impression that danes have their own standards for grading hotels, because this one has 4 stars, but only out of 10, not 5.

The location is good.

• Standard Single Room

Wish I could've stayed longer! Also there was a step leading into the bathroom which I kept kicking my toe on, although this is just my clumsiness.

The breakfast was fantastic! The bed was very comfortable and the room had a nice Danish design feel to it.

• Standard Single Room

The beds were small uncomfortable, the showers didn't have any water pressure and the wifi was unreliable, which is not acceptable when on a business trip. All in all the reality did not match the description and even though it is conveniently located it is not deserving of it's four star rating.

The breakfast buffet was fairly basic but good.

Comfortable beds, very friendly, helpful staff, good quality breakfast with lots of choice. Underfloor heating in the room was great as we were there in January. Brilliant location, close to metro and shops

I didn’t like the room.It was so much smaller and older than it seemed to be on the photos.But I guess the photographer did the job well.

I appreciated the location.The breakfast was nice and staff very polite.

• Standard Queen Room

Do realize that the size of the room is not very big with a rather small bed and bathroom. The free breakfast could have been improved with some spice like ginger in the orange-carrot juice and a bit more exiting bacon and sausages.

Location was fabulous, the lounge area was good and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The bikes were reasonally priced and a fantastic way to enjoy the town.

No complaints

The location is really great - close to Nyhavn and a short walk from the main streets and The Little Mermaid. Free breakfast was also tasty.

• Standard Queen Room

The room was slightly larger than a closet with a 140cm bed which is smaller than a full-size bed by US standards. If you are a small sized couple, it may work but otherwise, the room should not be considered a double room. At check-in, the staff try to sell up larger rooms for an additional cost, of course. The bathroom is small and could be functional but, when you take a shower the whole bathroom floor is soaked. Lastly, you could hear the other clients cough in the room next door.

Hotel design & location, breakfast assortment (eggs, bacon/sausage, fresh breads & pastries, fruit, cheese, etc), bicycle rental through hotel.

• Standard Queen Room

just a few wall sockets to plug in gadgets Need more near the bed

I'm so gratefull to all personal who had to work on Christmas Eve and Christmas. + location + design +breakfast

• Standard Queen Room

sound proofing between rooms not very good bathroom tiny - sink stupid - end up soaking the floor no airco no restaurant for eating dinner in the hotel - although there are restaurants nearby if you are in a wheelchair - forget it - cannot even get into hotel!!! (Stairs)

Location good breakfast buffett

• Standard Single Room

Not much. The shower could have been bigger. I don't consider myself to be corpulent, but it was very tight! I did find the room very warm. It would have been good to have a "tilt" facility on the window to be able to have the window open during the night. The light above the bed didn't work. I reported it to reception, but nothing was done.

The room (a single) was very small, but fine for a short stay (2 nights). It would have been too small for a longer stay. The breakfast was excellent. I didn't use the bar or lounge area - too much to discover outside.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

- room: interior of the room reminds of 80s, it's quite oldish (looks quite different than in the pictures). - bathroom: shower is half-opened so the water is spilling away while using; there is nothing to place shampoo etc. on, so when you are having shower need to continously pick up your things from the floor - view: the room was located on the groundfloor. Currently there are works outside of the building, so the window is covered by scaffolding and plastics. Impossible to take a look what's outside. - breakfast: if you have an early check-out you are only offered to have some croissants, little apples and soft drinks. Although when we were leaving, most of the things for breakfast was already prepared, we were not permitted to eat anything before the scheduled hour of breakfast for the rest of guests. This made us feeling like intruders, not like guests. Very bad treatment of the staff in charge of the breakfast - although it's Copenhagen, the price for the musty room and croissants is totally overvalued.

- location: the hotel is placed in the city center, close to the metro (easy connection to the airport). However the area of the hotel is very peacful and there is no noise from the street. - room: relatively spacious

• Standard Queen Room

Pillows lumpy, room a little small and bathroom tiny. Also could hear the people in the room next door like they were in the room.

The location was great, within walking distance of Magasin where I needed to be for work and also Ny Haven for restaurants etc. Staff were super helpful and very polite. Breakfast was good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Far too expensive - not a good value for money. I made a mistake in the booking and unfortunately the staff was not able nor flexible in correcting the mistake.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel wasn't cheap, but Copenhagen isn't a cheap city!

Great location on quiet street; friendly, helpful staff. We took one of their best rooms which was fine but nothing special.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The property is undergoing a renovation, we got a room on the ground floor = noicy in the morning and value for money is low!

The location of the property is great, close to Nyhavn!

• Standard Single Room

The hotel is perfectly located just in the downtown, close to an underground station. It is equipped with a modern, but highly useful furniture. The breakfast is also great. I was upgraded to more extensive room for a reasonable cheap money. The price is O.K. for Copenhagen.

• Standard Single Room

Hotel was under renovation which should have reflected in a much lower price. The room was small and squalid. All in all, I should have stuck with my usual plan of taking an Airbnb - far better value to be had there.

Staff were very accommodating and friendly.

• Standard Single Room

Nothing wrong with Hotel, Booking.com isn't very clear that when you're ordering a single room it actually means a single bed. It's 2017 people there should be no single beds in Hotel and if there is big flags on when booking a none-cancellation booknig that you're signing up to a 200x90cm bed.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

i think the rooms look a little dated now

Breakfast was very pleasant, the location of the hotel made it easy to walk to the main shopping area and Nyhavn

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No restaurant in the hotel for diner (but plenty of restaurant nearby).

Very great hotel! In a small quiet street; so good night sleep. But very well located, nearby great shop streets and iconic seafood marina area. All organic breakfast, very high quality ingredients. Nice large size bedroom with conformable bed, a bit small bathroom but with good water pressure. Highly recommended! Good value for money.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very well positioned hotel. Walking distance to everything you need to see. Breakfast really good with lots of choice and staff were brilliant especially Rebekah. 😃😃👍👍

• Standard Queen Room

Scaffolding outside the window of the room meant it was dark and men were walking around. Moved rooms because light from Hotel sign was shining into the room all night. Two very uncomfortable "designer" chairs in the room. One comfy one would have been better.

Helpful reception staff. Efficient checkout.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Some things in the room were a little more dusty than should have been, but I probably would have never noticed until my 1 year old would try to pick up and play with everything in the room. Every little corner, the phone, etc. The rooms are a bit small, but all you need. You can easily hear people from hallways nearby rooms and from the street.

I was surprised by the amazing breakfast included. Typically American continental breakfast is stale or terrible quality. They have super crispy good quality bacon, soft boiled eggs, fresh fruits, cheese, pate, potatoes and decent bread. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Loved the decor and it was only a 10 minute or less walk to everywhere I wanted to see during my 22 hour layover in the city.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The supplies of Coffee etc were not topped up every day & had to get our own.

Comfortable room with ample space. Compact but usable walk in wet room bathroom with shower/wc/washbasin with Ritual Toiletries. Continental Breakfast with a very nice fruit salad, cereals & nice bread.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

More tea and coffee, and shampoo/bath soap

My sister hurt here back, and we do not understand the language , but Camilla from reception helped us all the way through, and we cannot thank here enough, plus there was another girl at reception, sorry did not get here name, we asked here to help us with my sister luggage and she did. Thank you.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The weather - Cold, wet, windy :) but sensible clothing makes that not an issue.

Even though the hotel is off center I would still describe it as a central location as everything could be walked too. However, it also worked well to take the metro or bus to an outlying area and then walk back. Use Google maps to find out metro/bus times and stops - Brilliant app, no need to look at timetables online anymore. Comfy beds, room a good size, but we did get an automatic upgrade on arrival for one of the 2 rooms. Great choices at breakfast too.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No restaurant in the hotel, and in any case restaurants tend to close early, so a late evening arrival meant a sandwich at the bar, which was hardly gourmet, but better than nothing!

Location is excellent for the city exploration. The hotel is comfortable and reasonably priced. The superior room had no view but was well sized and warm. A comprehensive breakfast buffet was available with quality products and staff who were attentive and obliging.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Smell in the lobby and bedroom on first day. Quite abrupt clearing breakfast. Had a problem with the kettle in the room , not keen to resolve it from the front desk. However direct contact with handyman meant kettle replaced.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was a bit small. The hot water pot had mineral residue

The staff were helpful with their suggestions. Easy to get there by taxi from the airport although public transportation might have been more challenging.

Browse Best Western Plus Hotel City Copenhagen traveller photo gallery