Reviews of Danhostel Copenhagen City

H.C. Andersens Boulevard 50, 1553 Copenhagen, Denmark

#50 of 102 hotels in Copenhagen

Based on 6508 hostel reviews

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Beds were comfy and the room was spacious.
    • 4-Bed Room

The elevator issue/lack of info.

Beds were comfy and the room was spacious. We had a private room/bath. Staff was informative, but could have saved us much hassle if they explained the elevators more and how to get to allowed floor. We got in the wrong lift and it went up half a floor and then got stuck inside riding up and down alone packed with luggage and hubby had our room key that allowed access to needed floor. We laughed it off , but others may have been very frustrated and upset. Be prepaid to make and strip your own beds and squeegee the bathroom floor after showers. Bring all your own toiletries as just a bit of soap in a dispenser at the sink and one towel each is supplied. You can buy items if needed and can rent a hair dryer. It’s close to Tivoli. There were lots of breakfast items and the staff kept things stocked.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Comfy bed, comfy seatings downstairs for some working to do.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Comfy bed, comfy seatings downstairs for some working to do. I was at the room for 10 - but in reality its a room for 5, sharing bathroom with another room of 5. Its very nice. The view is stunning. The room and bathroom were cleaned, if they didnt, its the guests problems, not the hostel. The stuff was so kind and helpful too. Recommending this hostel very much, enjoy your stay in Copenhagen the beauty! P.S. The city centre is like 1 km/1.5km from the hostel, but you can reach everything really fast from here by foot.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The location was convenient and central to main sites of...
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The bathroom was not cleaned everyday. The room also had some partially drank pop/juice bottles leftover in the room from previous guests. Most of the lockers did not lock properly.

The location was convenient and central to main sites of interest.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Recommend and would stay again

It does not offer shower gel, double bed are tow beds together and the gap between them can be annoying

The location is very good, we had a beautiful view of the city, facing the Tivoli park. The breakfast is very good and has vegan options. Staff is friendly and the rooms are very silent.

Very good place to stay, short walk from the centre.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Only thing i was unhappy about was having to pay 20 krone to store my luggage on my last day.

Very good place to stay, short walk from the centre. Nice staff and breakfast.

cleaness in room

very tricky elevator system, you can't use elevator between all floors, just between your and first. It's not comfortable because we booked hostel for 13 persons and it was room in 5 and 10 floors and we can't visited each other. The pillow uncomfortable for sleeping - it's really very small. You can't eat nothing in your room and they don't have kitchen for prepare some tea - all for money. You will receive your bed linens in reception on check in and when you have check out you must put in on basket in reception again.

cleaness in room

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Very simple accommodation. There is everything you need but nothing more.

Everything was fine.

Breakfast was very good. Location is superb. Danish minimalism and functionalism on the highest level. View from the window is great if you are lucky to get a room on the 11th floor!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Great location - not far from town hall and Tivoli Gardens. Lots of places to eat nearby.

Little bit noisy being on a main street, pillows are very flat. Shower flooded the bathroom which was annoying.

Grea location and large rooms with super fluffy quilts. Able to leave bags there securly before and after check out. Locekrs in all rooms and a large bathroom. We had a 'twin room' which was really a 6 doorm to ourselves with an ensuite. Bit weird, but worked for us.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

The facilities are so new and our room was very big.

When we leave the elevators didn't work so we had to take the stairs from a fourth floor with all our baggage.

The facilities are so new and our room was very big. Also that day we were to visit Christiania, so the location was wonderful.

One of the cheapest places to stay in Copenhagen, very good...

The rooms, elevators and other areas were clean, but with one exception. The staircase was very dirty / dusty.

One of the cheapest places to stay in Copenhagen, very good location, friendly staff.

Clean, friendly staff, walking distance to major sights.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

You have to pay to use the unattended luggage room after you check out in the morning, even for just a few hours. Already the cost of this hostel was outrageous for what it was, and they charge for every extra. Very busy, crowded, big hostel with no personality.

Clean, friendly staff, walking distance to major sights.

My regards to all at DANHOSTEL COPENHAGEN

everything was 100 percent

I got back my credit card on 24aug18 , which I had forgotten at the counters the previous night, 23aug18 ... I WAS UNAWARE OF THE FACT THAT I HAVE MISPLACED IT TILL THEM .... god bless the staff and management of danhostel copenhagen ...

Great location but not worth what is being charged

I didn't like after hours of travel to Denmark that we had to make our own beds in the room. There was no mention of this on the Booking.com listing. Despite a personal preference for firm mattresses, my partner and I found the beds itself were very, very hard. We also were put on a floor where all the other rooms were full of school age children. There were no adults staying with them and I think the hostel should have enforced that there be one adult for the group of kids. Because of the lack of supervision, our sleep was affected as the kids were very noisy and running in the halls at 11PM at night.

Spacious, clean rooms with an amazing view. The hostel is located very close to Copenhagen Centralstation and many amenities. The breakfast was pretty good. The experience with the staff met my expectations. Most were very helpful and friendly. The hostel seemed very secure - I liked how elevators and certain areas of the hotel were only accessible by key card.

Perfect place
    • 8-Bed Room

Wonderful view through the window. Friendly and helpful staff. Clean and "hyggelig" room. Perfect place, easy to reach old city and Christiania.

Great location!
    • 4-Bed Room

The lady at the reception was not friendly. And we had to pay to leave our luggage in a luggage room upon check-out. I never had to pay for this before! When you stay in a hotel for more then one night... This is unacceptable!!

Great location! We've stayed on the 16th floor = the view was wauw!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

It was so fancy!
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Filled with lots of children? I assume on school trips. They were real loud and annoying

It was so fancy!! Amazing facilities, amazing views, kind staff, cool technology.

NO SECURITY AND STAFF DO NOT STOP ANYONE WALKING IN WHO IS OUT TO STEAL YOUR PROPERTY
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

There is no security of any kind during the day and anyone who is not staying in the hostel can just walk in at anytime of day and steal someones bag and walk out. This happened to me on what should have been my final day, I went down to the basement to put my bags (suitcase and backpack) in the luggage room but my luggage room card wasn't working so I thought I would just keep it with me and grab some breakfast before heading off to the airport. I found a space in the bar which was pretty empty at the time (09:10 on the 31/08/18). To get to the bar you have to walk in past the main reception and the lobby before taking a left past all of the lifts to get to the bar which is far inside the hostel with no other access to the outside. I put my bags down walked a few feet away to get the breakfast from where they serve it, then I realised I hadn't given my ticket for the breakfast to the girl on the counter at the bar, I walked back over and gave it to her and she had to go for a moment, at this time I noticed my backpack was missing. I ran to the reception desk and told the guy to get on the CCTV (There are well over 30 cameras in the hostel). The guy looked on the cameras and got some very good CCTV footage of the guy who picked up my bag and walked out, I see which way he went and I tried to see if I could catch the guy to no avail. In my bag was my laptop, camera, lenses, and lots of other photographic equipment along with my passport, everything in my bag comes to over £3000 to £3500, as a result of this I had to go to the police to report the crime and the British Embassy for an emergency passport to get home, the time I spent at the police and embassy mean't I missed my flight and I ended up having to stay an extra two nights which cost me £100 for the emergency passport, £70 for another two nights in Danhostel, £498 for a new flights home.

The staff were very lovely and friendly and the seating area at the far end of the lobby is a good use of space and prety comfortable to sit and watch a movie on your device, also there are both USB and standard EU plug sockets under most of the benches.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Good money value and great location!
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

A collective outside bathroom-shower facility on each floor would have made a huge diference on my review!!! There's only one bathroom per room of 8 people and since it's inside the room, it can be noisy at night for the others, and busy longings in the morning. The bathroom shower lacks pressure and lacks places to support your toiletries, towel and clothing. No hair/hand dryer. Rooms could be cleaned more times. The elevator card system can be a little impractical, and you might have to wait 15min for it on busy days. I would suggest a deamer light placement next to the lockers inside the rooms, so you don't have to wake up everybody in your room when you need something or arrive/leave later. Breakfast is expensive, so I didn't try it.

Great location. Confortable bed matress, clean linen (I stayed for 5nights with the possibility of exchanging it), enough electric plugs, good view from the room, locker boxes inside the room (bring your own lock), large kitchen and refrigerators, good wifi reception everywhere, nice patient staff when you need advices on where to find smørrebrød! I would stay here again!

Helpful staff, great location
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with City View

Extra fee for luggage storage.

The staff were extremely helpful, Ditte especially who went out of her way to ensure I was in the same room as my friend. The beds were comfortable, the rooms clean. We had a beautiful view of Tivoli from our room.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????? ???????????????????????????

parking, breakfast, lift, beds, nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

A cool young ambiance with great location
    • Twin Room with City View

ummm nothing really. we stayed during the high season, so the prices throughout the city were very high. the pillows and beds can be improved a bit. keep in mind that only the linen and 1 towel per person are provided by the hostel, so make sure to bring more towels and amenities with you (soap, shampoo,...)

This was my first time staying at a hostel and it was a nice experience. The ambiance is young and energetic. The Location is great with a nice view over the water. it is within walking distance to many central points and also to the train station. The staff are very kind and welcoming. There are also vending machines at the reception in case you needed anything at a late time. The room that we got was very spacious.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Excellent location , comfy beds, good breakfasts ( a merit...
    • Twin Room with City View

A bit too overcrowded , also a bit business-orientated mentality

Excellent location , comfy beds, good breakfasts ( a merit when so many people has to have them )

Poor value for money
    • 4-Bed Room

Small rooms. You have to make your own bed. Lift system confusing. Laundry machines in basement mouldy. Extremely busy. Staff helpful but probably overworked. They look almost annoyed when answering queries. Overpriced, in line with EVERYTHING in Copenhagen.

Central location. Clean room. Surprisingly well insulated despite traffic outside.

very good location, clean
    • 4-Bed Room

i asked when i made the resevration to have a babay cot but when i arrive they didn't reseve it not put it in the room and i didn't had where to put the baby to sleep beside between both of us....

very good location, clean

More than a Ho(s)tel!
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

ALL perfect! It seemed to be in a hotel. Many facilities, great value for money, not so far from museums and attractions, staff was really helpful. Thank you so much. Greetings from Naples, see you soon!

Not bad...could have been much better.

Very expensive accommodation, more like self service style, no towel change everyday, unfortunately our room was not clean...some sticky gum on the chair and hair strands here and there. On exit , the staff responsible was very rude and not ready help us to store our luggage. She said " it is more important to provide space for new guests if they check in early and cannot support even on exception basis". In summary she was least bothered about guests leaving the place. I was left to manage with my family alone. However one other kind staff directed us to central station to store luggage but it had a good walk with your luggage and 3 year old.

Apart from one rude staff...the rest are awesome and very helpful. The location is centrally located and you just can walk everywhere. We had nice evening walks across the water, beautiful location.

Value for money.
    • 4-Bed Room

Charge per person on leaving luggage the day of check out. Requiring a separate swipe card to kitchen. Room could be cleaner. Check out can be very busy as this place is popular.

Location, value for money, safety access with the swipe card, staff was helpful, discounted tivoli entrance ticket and bicycle rentals.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Really close to the city center, hassle-free check-in, clean...

Third bed (single) is not that comfortable. Noise from the street during the night.

Really close to the city center, hassle-free check-in, clean, newly refurbished.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good Location, view, close to all attractions
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

All went good but staff at the reception is very arrogant and they dont value customers.

Location is superb, view is nice, best if you stay at top floor's like 15,16.

Danhostel Copenhagen
    • 4-Bed Room

Very clean and comfortable rooms with lots of space. Very friendly and helpful staff. In a great location and within walking distance for all sightseeing and especially Tivoli which is a 5-10 minuet walk. Very good value for money and a nice continental breakfast. Hostel also has a kitchen area for you to make your own meals if you wish. There is a baggage room to leave your bags for the day if you have a late flight.

Very good place to visit the city.
    • 6-Bed Room

There was no air conditioning and it was really hot (august). It was a bit noisy at night.

Breakfast was ok. It is a good place for visiting the city (quite central).

We had very nice stay at Danhostel City and would definitely stay there again!

Water pressure was small, so it was a bit uncomfortable to take shower.

Location was great, breakfast was excellent for continental, very clean and great view from 7th floor where our room was! Very friendly and helpful staff!

The elevetor system was very slow particullarly in the rush hours you could wait 10 min for a lift. Low water presure in the shower. It was a noisy neighbourhood.

Upgrade with the Recycle unit in the Lobby!
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Mixed sleeping with strangers..... maybe they could do a male and female separate choice of room..,,,also 8 people is a bit much for 1 single bathroom..

Upgrade with the Recycle unit in the Lobby!

Location only
    • 6-Bed Room

unsanity of the restroom, there was barely any air conditioning. Temperature during the day goes t0 80F and room get really hot. Front desk provided a pedestal fan but it wasn't enough. If your room i facing the road then welcome to noises.

Location only

Excellent location on the canal, near the central station,...
    • 6-Bed Room

Room was worn, with walls and ceiling scuffed and marked, but was clean and good for a few nights

Excellent location on the canal, near the central station, near Tivoli Gardens and in walking distance of many sights Reasonable space in the the six bed family dorm room Nice shower Excellent WiFi

very good place to stay.

it was very organized from check in to check out. great security system to keep hotel guest safe great location. they got us cabs in the morning - and they showed up. Great experience.

nice position, terrible management
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

too expensive for what you get, i paid 44 euro for a night in a room with 6 people, 25 euro for parking the car overnight and when i asked for a locker, they told me, that i'm gonna need a paddlelock, just for rent it other 3 euro.. crazy!

the position is quite good

Room at 11th floor with a good view.
    • 4-Bed Room

Room extra small for four people, no storage space, very hot on a hot summer day. And way too expensive. For that price turn to a real hotel!

Room at 11th floor with a good view. Good position.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Simple accomodation, good location

Any ‘extras’ you had to pay for ie storage for luggage is an extra charge, so it a late check out Kitchen facilities were not clean, and limited also dodgy people stealing food in kitchen... Which was very frustrating

Decent size, modern room, private bathroom included

We loved this hostel!
    • 6-Bed Room with City View

Details, like the loo rushing on the whole time, a missing lightbulb, both reported at reception. Expensive breakfast?

We loved this hostel! Clean, nice, plain, no luxuries, great location! No fuss.

The ability to place my bags in a storage room and my food...
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

It was really hot in the room due to the heat wave and no air-conditioning. Had to wait a really long time at the reception.

The ability to place my bags in a storage room and my food in the fridge before checking in. Very well located. Staff was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Good location and services.
    • 4-Bed Room

Not prepared for hot weather. No fan supplied or Aircon. We were on top floor that already accumulates heat of the building. In room we measured 28° at 23hrs, 1° or 2° more than outside.

Locación and price

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Very nice hostel, but still a hoste.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Usually I stay in a hotel with the same price I paid for my night. Check out was already at 10.00 am. I didn´t get a goodnight sleep, because people in my room got up starting from six until the check out time, noisy people.

Excellent location, wifi was easy to get working, very clean, 24h-reception, towels, not too many people in the same room.

Staying there made it possible to enjoy Copenhagen fully and near to everything I wanted to do
    • Twin Room with City View

Nothing, as it was what I expected. Would be useful if they had photocopied A4 maps of the central area to hand out for those who don't want to use mobile Google maps.

Everything basic but clean and efficient. Easy walk from Central Station and slightly longer to Storget and Nyhavn, but safe. No extras, but good economic way to stay in Copenhagen. It was what I expected from description, but I had already decided that's where I wanted to stay. Management ensure guests are involved in keeping the hostel well run. I paid for a room of my own, but also good for family rooms and groups of students and friends. Many hotels supply extras you don't need, but have to pay for.

Good stay

Luggage storage fee (20dkk/luggage)

Good location and close proximity to airport bus station (5min); Good wifi; 24hr Reception; Clean and spacious room

A good value place to stay for a night or so.

Not much atmosphere, basic but what I expected. We bought the breakfasts but then saw you could buy better food and coffee from the bar.

Central and easy to check in etc good value.

Terrible place , great location
    • 4-Bed Room

Clueless staff : no idea of restaurants around, hotel amenities , basic questions about attractions next to the hotel. long chaotic queues for breakfast: a tiny room where 100 guests try to squeeze in 30 min turns . Long Waiting for checking, long waiting for buying breakfast , charge for keeping luggage without anyone checking on it and no insurance if something goes missing. No TV in the room, 6 bunk beds in one room . Old and broken walls ...

Location 10min walk to center .

Smart and international hostel in Copenaghen
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Big and comfortable hostel, recommended for young travellers and families. Fantastic position with a wonderful view on the harbour, very close to the main turistitic sites of the city. Easily accessible also for people with disabilities and travellers with big luggage, thanks to ramps and elevators.

Location is great and nice view along the canal.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Should have more elevator. Also, the shower inside the bathroom should have more pressure and volume.

Location is great and nice view along the canal. Close to a number of attractions such as Tivoli, Strøget street, The Black Diamond. Also, close to Copenhagen Central Station

An hotel more than an hostel

The price is too high related to the service offered. The room is really basic, no closets in the sleeping room or shelves in the bathroom to store our belongings. The kitchen is to small for all guests..and located in the basement, smelly and claustrophobic room! We had to pay extra money to store our baggages on the day of departure!

The Position, close to the city center. The staff, nice and helpful

We loved staying here!
    • 4-Bed Room

We loved staying here! We were traveling with 2 young children and it was a perfect place to stay with families, close to Tivoli and the center of town. The breakfast buffet was great and it was fun seeing and meeting families and people from around the world.

It was really a great 👍 experience.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with City View

Storage system is not comfortable and you just charge it for nothing.

It was really a great 👍 experience. I am fully satisfied with the facilities. I highly recommend it to others.

More like a hotel
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

It had a grand big entrance, big reception area, staff were friendly and explained everything about how the key cards worked for the lifts. My room had a great view and big windows which made it bright. The bathroom was so clean and it was a modern design and the shower always had hot water. Good storage space for luggage under the beds and in the lockers provided in the room. Bed linen and a towel was provided at no extra cost. Bar/snack area was large and had multiple TV’s with different channels to suit everyone. I would go back

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Very disappointing
    • 4-Bed Room

The staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. Our room had zero airflow and the windows could only open a tiny amount. When we requested a fan to enable our family to sleep after a totally sleepless first night staff said we could talk to the manager tomorrow. Other encounters with staff for checking and assistance were met with similar levels of care, it really felt like a $10 a night backpackers hostel rather than the US$200 per night we paid. Would never recommend this group, after staying in a similar place earlier in the week that had amazing staff and fabulous comfort levels this property was a huge disappointment. The only reason we didn’t go back to other property was their lack of availability .

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Great location, with a good bar, and friendly staff.
    • Twin Room with City View

I'm not a huge fan of hostels, so I did not like having to make my own bed. The room was a little small.

The location was great and our room had a great view of the city. I also liked the bar in the lobby. They had great happy hour specials.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

TO BE AVOIDED IN SUMMER
    • Twin Room with City View

The hotel claims to have two sections; a hostel and a hoteL Nonsense. The hotel section (at going market rates- 111 EUR for a single without breakfast) offered the worst deal I have had in thirty years of travelling: slow check-in, smallish room, no AC, no possibility to open the window (!!!!), no proper curtains, no sound isolation, beds to be made up by oneself, etc.

Location; parking space

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Service Review

We have to move to another room on our third night because the shower was not working properly, there was no water coming out to flush the toilet (the maintenance guy was not able to fix the problem) and there was no air-conditioner, it was too hot... especially it's summertime.

The hostel was near the tourist spots.

perfect for a family visit!
    • 4-Bed Room

excellent location just opposite Islands Brygge and the Harbour bath - perfect for a morning or evening swim - and not far from the Tivoli, just perfect when visiting Copenhagen with the family!

It was my first time at a Hostel so don't have to much...
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

It was my first time at a Hostel so don't have to much to compare it with, but over all the facilities where really clean and in excellent conditions. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well. I was really happy and would highly recommend it.

If you are looking fore a nice ,safe and well locatet Hostel...
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

I think it depens on you . If you want a place with a party fell to it , or the special Hostel vipe you sometime gets (but not always ) i dont think this Hostel will be rigth , but if you are with kids or traveling with older famely members it will be a nice chose . And i think that the 2 beds in the center of the room feels a littel bit of .

If you are looking fore a nice ,safe and well locatet Hostel i central Copenhagen , this is what you will chose . And if you have kids with you it is in a place with " no night lift " around the corner . You will also find Tivoli and the walking street within 5-10 min from the Hostel . But if you are looking for the special Hostel vipe , you will be better off by another Hostel in Copenhagen . The room was big and the bed , shower and wc , was ok . I dident try the breakfast .

Loved Copenhagen but there was probably better value for money than Danhostel city

Reception was always busy all times of day with long waits. They let us leave bags there at no charge as too early to check in but upon departure they charged for storing bags. Internet access was poor in the room. Double room with own bathroom was expensive

Good to be able to do some washing and have a communal kitchen / fridge. Hostel is on the river reasonably central and probably 1km from the centre of town Trivoli etc.

Insufficient basic furniture: a room for four has only a...
    • 4-Bed Room

Insufficient basic furniture: a room for four has only a small table for one person and two chairs, bunk bed so low that you can't sit straight. Bassin in the bathroom is tiny and no shelf to put things. Advertised for family but it's just a 4 beds dormitory, nothing facilitating the traveling with kids. The elevator system does not function, you risk to waste 20 Minutes going up and down missing your floor and during peak hours, consider yourself lucky to get into the elevator!

Hostel with hotel look
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Only one shower / bathroom for 10 people, even if I booked for a room of 6, it was joined with a room of 4 to share the one washroom.

Great location, clean, friendly staff, good WiFi

1. Very professional.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

1 toilet + shower room (same) for 1 room around 10 people. Sometimes u need to wait but its not bad. They still have 2 separate toilets (only) in -1 floor. In the positive way, ur shower room is not so public so its cleaner :-) After check-out they wont store your luggage for free. U will need to pay.

1. Very professional. How the staff works and the lounge made me felt like i was in a 4 stars hotel. I didnt even recognize it was a hostel. 2. Room are very clean, bed are so comfortable. Everything is clean, they clean everyday. 1 toilet for only 1 room so its not too public. Felt like home. 3. Very quiet even it was a very big hostel. I stayed in 14th floor so its really quiet. No noise from other rooms :-) 4. Elevator, luggage storage... all are professional with a card to open. You are safe because 1 card of a guest just leads the guest to the floor they stay. They cannot go to other floors :-) was like at the building of my company.

Value for your money!
    • 4-Bed Room

We came in summer so the curtains were short in length and height so sunlight filtered through the room very early in the morning.

The location is close to all major city attractions. Our room was cleaned everyday. Breakfast was decent. Staff very friendly.

Certainly not value for money. Not clean and very worn out
    • 4-Bed Room

Choice mainly driven by reviews and price compared to other options in Copenhagen. Traveling with 2 kids. Generally too expensive for the level of service/ quality. The room initially assigned was in a very bad shape. It was not maintained, with huge stains in the ceiling. I think also that parts of the ceiling were missing. It was not even closely related to the pictures on the site. It looked like military barracks. It was generally worn out from tables to windows to bathroom. The room was not clean. The bathroom had mold and was smelling.

Location close to Tivoli and train station. Breakfast with good variety.

Still quite good but could be better
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Power outlets are not for every bed. And if u r lucky enough to have one, it will be quite distant, so take a long cord with you (1.5m should be great) Shower does not have soap or shampoo, but you can use soap near the sink. Couldn't find shelf for free stuff (where u can take or put something like food) No free tea (ok, not every hostel has that, but usually they do)

It's clean. Great view from the room.

Welcoming and comfortable
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Would not recommend bike hire as it is a little pricey, there are many other local hire places which offer better rates.

All staff were lovely and very polite. Always felt secure and the facilities were fantastic, especially the kitchen.

Great location!

Great location! It really was more like a hotel than a hostel. Very surprising! Rooms were really spacious. Very close to Central train station, Tivoli etc. Bikes were hireable at the hostel too.

Good
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with City View

- Unnecessary complicated to use guest kitchen, need to borrow an extra key card each time. - Guest kitchen is in need of more cutlery - Check-out at 10, quite normal, but too early in my opinion - Often some queues at reception

- Great location - Spacious room (city view dorm)

• 4-Bed Room with City View

Worst experience ever, no air conditioning Heavy air inside room Too much noise Normal facilities are missing inside room Too small room Not recommended

The hotel is a big skyscraper always extremely busy and not...
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The hotel is a big skyscraper always extremely busy and not relaxing at all. The "weird" elevator-system makes it hard to reach one's own room. Plus, in my room the shower had a problem so it was not possible to take a pleasant shower (the water was too weak).

Perfect location and great value for money to discover CPH.

Perfect location (train station, Tivoli, etc., don't miss the Kalvebod Bolge), good services (private bathroom, bike rental), friendly staff, great value for money.

The hostel’s location is perfect, so close to the...
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

As it is a hostel and you sharing the bathroom with other people I would expect more attention to cleaning there.

The hostel’s location is perfect, so close to the attractions, the staff very nice and friendly.

Browse Danhostel Copenhagen City traveller photo gallery