Reviews of Hotel Domir Odense 3 stars

Hans Tausens Gade 19, 5000 Odense, Denmark

#14 of 17 hotels in Odense

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Helpful staff, good location, great breakfast!

The lack of available parking spaces made it a nuisance to get to and from the hotel, the decor is dated and the machine which is supposed to make it easier to check out offered no receipts.

Nice breakfast, property located very close to the railway station. Very friendly, accommodating and helpful staff. Comfy rooms even if they're on the small side.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Fine stay
    • Small Twin Room

Bathroom was extremely tiny with very awkward shower. View at the car park with cars about 50 cm from the window (ground floor).

Free tea and coffee served all the time, breakfasts, staff.

Tiny room for 130 euros poor breafast no croissants no fresh...
    • Large Twin Room

Tiny room for 130 euros poor breafast no croissants no fresh orange juice no real expresso instant coffee...the pictures do nor reflect reality ...hotel to avoid...

Good location!
    • Small Twin Room

Parking full when we arrived. You could not book for it.

Hotel near the city centre. It has parking for 5 cars, but it's difficult to have place. Very nice breakfast!!!

The staff we very helpful, did all they could to make our stay better during the recent hot weather

The staff were very friendly and helpful all the time. Nice selection of food for breakfast. Hotel is in a nice location, only a few mins walk into the town center and its a quiet area in the evening. Nice park only a 2 minute walk away to go and relax and if your lucky enough there may be a free concert in the park.

Great city but terrible hotel

Everything. The hotel was basically not made for occupation. Our room was dirty, didn't have enough towels. The window overlooked the staff and delivery entrance so that we had more or less constant noise during the night. The shower didn't have a shower head. The room decor was decades out of date. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in including budget hotels during my student years!

The staff on reception were great. She did amazing especially considering the lack if facilities of the hotel

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

• Apartment - Ground Floor

We were very disappointed in staying in apartment. - Wifi did't work at all; there were not it. - It was smelling bad in the apartment. The decoration is not ready, there is not even night stands or night lamps or kitchen table! There are not right pictures on the booking.com of the apartment. - Apartment was dirty with lot of dust. There was a playstation, but the joysticks were not working at all! There were dirty flower pots in the "kitchen" with lot of electric cords in the pot. - There was only 4 pillows and 4 blankets and 4 towels for us (5 persons). - We called to the reception TWICE , the man promised he will come soon and fix the problems (wifi+pillows). NOBODY never come! - Toilet did't flush well. - Breakfast was included, but coffee was run out. - There was not a garden, the backyard was dirty with lots of laundry bags there. The outside table and chairs were so dirty we did't want to sit there. In front of the apartment was construction /building site. Of course we complained this first to the hotel, but they never bothered even answer to us.

Never, ever book this hotel!

I booked this hotel by mistake and what a mistake it was. This was the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. The room is small, the bathroom tiny, there is no air-conditioning, no shampoo is provided, the television is poor quality and the walls are so thin we could hear the neighbour snoring. Because of the hot weather we had to open the window and we could hear the people at the hotel courtyard next door at all hours of the night. We only managed 3 to 4 hours sleep each night. Do not book this hotel.

The reception area downstairs is quite nice and the breakfast was good.

Lovely hotel in a great location and it did what it needed to with no frills.

Beds were a little too short and soft for me. TV quality was poor but I didn't really need it so not a big issue. Free onsite parking was very limited and very tight.

First impressions of the staff was excellent. Very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts and supply of coffee and juice was fab. Room cleanliness including linen was good and space was adequate. (twin room floor 4) Proximity to town centre and other facilities was good.

Good hotel for overnight in Odense near the train station

Small bathroom had a shower (too close to sink to move)with no lip/edge, so unfortunately water flooded rest of bathroom while showering. Sharp corner of black shelf on headboard hard to avoid hitting (but staff were very kind to provide ice for the bump)

Michael was wonderful checking us in and helping us with information/leaving luggage prior to catching train. Room was clean, basic; breakfast buffet was appreciated but lone staff member had trouble keeping it stocked. Elevator great for luggage. Odense train station couple of blocks aways being renovated,but great DB lounge.

Good location to town centre, breakfast was good

Foam mattresses weren’t great, no air con, rooms were tiny, bathrooms also tiny. Room service didn’t bother with straightening the sheet, which wrinkled and undid every night due to the poor mattresses. Not a great hotel, but it seems none of the hotels are particularly good there. Hotel got the booking wrong which meant we were locked out of our room until it was sorted out, without so much as an apology

Good location to town centre, breakfast was good

ITU world championships

My credit card was charged before I had even checked in and I still had 40 minutes to cancel my booking with no charge

The staff were amazing and the location was perfect for us.

The room hadn’t been cleaned properly on arrival. Breakfast was ordinary. Staff too busy chatting amongst themselves, rather then updating cutlery and food. Staff smoking out the back of kitchen, and smell wafting back into the dinning area.

I wouldn't recommend this overpriced place. Breakfasts were poor and had to perch on barstools to e
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very basic small bare rooms. No toiletries, no tissues, holes in towels. NO storage cupboard space. Absolutely appalling for a quite expensive hotel

The best thing about this poor hotel was the location

Not the best hotel ... quite bad price quality ratio
    • Small Single Room

Single rooms are too small for an adult. You have to open your luggage on the bed, take your stuff out and put your luggage in front of the door. If you want to go out, you have to move your luggage in order to be able to open the door. So, be careful when booking the cheapest room! Also beware that room 001 is next to the kitchen so you will be awake at 5am when the hotel staff starts preparing breakfast.

Location in the city center of Odense is nice.

Good for short stay only

The rooms were super tiny, tinier than i expected especially the bathroom, get ready to wet the whole bathroom when you take a shower! There was also no shower gel nor shampoo and we almost ran out of toilet paper. The radio on the table did not even have a wire to connect to the socket.

The staff was friendly, good wifi, efficient and automated check in

there is absolutely nothing nice about this hotel.
    • Apartment - Ground Floor

everything Staff didn’t greet us, didn’t say goodbye, told us there is wifi in the apartment, but there was no wifi. Moreover, there was no light, not even lamp on the ceiling. House was so poor, smelly, dirty, without normal entrance, and roadworks right infront of the window from the 7am. Tv doesn’t work, not a single channel, but there was spider web on the curtain, which was quite entertaining. When we stepped in the breakfast room in morning we did step back right away. Unsanitary and insects on the floor, food looked like garbage.

Comfortable bed.

Very small room. During our stay the weather was very nice, therefore the room was quite hot. I slept with my window open, but the street was pretty noisy sometimes with people screeming at night.

Comfortable bed. Clean room. Great breakfast in a nice room. Free coffee and tea all day long, also for take-away. Central location between the train station and the city center, both walking distance. Free parking place next to the hotel.

Great place to stay. Very good breakfast as part of the hotel cost.

Good location. Breakfast was very good with lots of variety. Young woman checking me in was very helpful and assisted in finding a great restaurant and informing me about places to visit etc.

Enjoyable short vacation :)
    • Small Single Room

The shower gave a very little water and there wasn't any hand shower. Also the soap was not suitable for washing hair or body as it made everything quite sticky.

Perfect place near railwaystation. Nice atmosphere, beautifully decorated. Almost all staff members were helpful and friendly.

Good breakfast. Staff accommodating.

No air conditioning so room was warm for sleeping. It's been unusually hot early in Scandinavia this year and most hotels in mid-price range do not have ac.

Good breakfast. Staff accommodated our early departure by preparing early breakfast for us to pack and eat on the train. Location is pretty good - Odense is smaller and easy to navigate.

Location was good, a short walk into the main part of town.

Room was very warm even with the window open at night. Bathroom was small and once you had showered the whole floor was wet.

Location was good, a short walk into the main part of town. Staff were welcoming and helpful and breakfast was varied and tasty.

Very disappointed and very uncomfortable... No Air Conditioning.... had to open door to get air.

Much too far to walk to breakfast.. No Restaurant in sight for dinner ....had to get room changed because there were no elevator services...cost more money....

A decent breakfast..

Comfortable and quiet room, parking on the premises,...

bathroom not so good...'wet room' layout resulted in water everywhere; no shower gel provided, no plug in basin.

Comfortable and quiet room, parking on the premises, friendly staff

Horrible

I travelled with my husband and two boys of 5 and 9 yrs old. We were given a small room with three beds. When I complained at the reception they told me that children below 6 don’t count as a person. I said it is certainly a person and I booked a room for 4 persons. Then we were given a family room in another building and moved with boys and bags which was quite a huzzle. The so called family room was an even smaller room with two singel beds on each side of the room and a dogs bed squeezed in between. Yhere were no sheets for the sida bed and when folding out the sofa, the room would be ONE big bed and no space to move. We Therefore took the bags and our boys and walked back to the other building!and asked to get the room for three instead. Not even towels or pillows for four people, the room was extremely warm but a lot of traffic and sounds outside so not good to keep the window open. Really an impleasant experience and I feel cheated paying for 4 persons.

Cheap but adequate for short stays
    • Small Twin Room

A kettle and small fridge would have been useful. TV remote didn’t work, and TV was old and tired. Free parking only until 0900. Buffet breakfast offerings weren’t replaced fast enough after they had run out. Bathroom was basically a fibreglass wet room, and very small.

Cheap by Denmark standards for a room with private bathroom and included breakfast. On street parking was free. Check in and check out process seamless.

la vicinanza al centro citta'
    • Small Single Room

The TV was not working but the clerk was unable to solve the matter, he proposed to offer me a drink. I asked for a discount on the room-fee. He promised to inform the clerk that would have arranged my check out the day afer, but he did not. When checking out I asked for the discount, but the lady said I had to talk to the manager, that however was not present in that very moment and that could not get disturbed with a phonecall (at 8.30 in the morning!) Another thing was the very bad smell in the room and in the bath-room, I immediately smelled when I woke up in the morning. I will surely not guest this hotel more.

la vicinanza al centro citta'

Nice hotel, close to train & centre of Odense. Friendly staff!

Walls were like paper, didn't sleep very well due to room either side. Shame you're not allowed tea/coffee in the bedrooms

Lovely breakfast, great to have tea/coffee machine there.

Staff were very friendly and the room was clean.

- Bathroom was way too small and way too close to the shower. - Carpet was dusty and made me and my husband sneeze most of the time. - There were two single beds in the room however 1 was a lot smaller than the other. - TV in the room doesnt work. - When taking a shower it takes up 10 mins for the hot water to come through. - I thought the hotel was way overpriced.

Staff were very friendly and the room was clean.

Irredeemable

I got to the hotel and they had sold my room to someone else even though I had paid 3 weeks prior to staying I then got g8ven a dirty used room and had to sleep on the floor as the beds had been used and had hairs on the sheets I then asked to speak to the manager the next morning and she wasn't there but would contact me ! The lady that I spoke to was lovely and agreed I should not have to pay for that room ! So a month has gone by and no contact from the hotel manager so I stayed there again this week thinking that they would not charge me this time as a regular customer I thought they would want to keep me happy as I have been staying there a very month for 1 year now ! So this time I arrive and payment was taken from my card before I arrived ! So clearly not thinking that I should not be entitled to a complementary stay due to the disaster the month before so the next morning I ask for the manager again and guess what she was not there again and this time the girl on reception and as so unhelpful and rude and kept trying to dismiss my situation saying iv told the manager that all I can do ! I think this hotel need to send there staff on a customer service course ! I think it's disgusting how this hotel have delt with this ! I also have photos of the dirty room with hairs in the beds and a dirty toilet

I stay at this hotel every month but last month I had the worst experience ever in.a Hotel

Clean but basic and no soap of other way to shower!

Staff not very helpful.never been to a hotel before where no soap or shower gel was supplied and they could not give me any when I asked! VERY basic hotel

Clean

Would definitely go back again.

If you arrive during day parking is no problem on the street but late in the evening is a little busy but always found somewhere around the corner instead.

The staff are very friendly. Let us bring take out food and eat at the dining area. Even brought me and my friend a free beer over which was a kind gesture. Room was clean, tidy and cosy.

A budget hotel at its worse...
    • Small Single Room

Awful shower - water sprays everywhere, you cant tilt the shower head, and water has only two settings: 20 and 40 degrees. Super narrow beds. about 70 cm wide. There is a lot of traffic noise in the rooms on the street side , as the windows dont isolate the sound. Wifi barely works

it was a pretty bad experience. I arrived to my room and found two beds, each of them maybe 70 cm wide. honestly, the narrowest beds i have ever seen. I could not even sit on it comfortably, as there was a lamp, a picture frame, or some cables on the walls so i could not properly lean against it. The window was not sound proof at all, so i was kept awake by cars on the street, as my room was on the street side. Wifi was so slow that i could not check my email, watch netflix or talk on whatsapp. Batrhoom really tiny, and it was impossible to to adjust the water temperature in the shower despite a thermostatic tap. Water had only two settings 20 and 40 degrees. I asked the receptionist about the wifi problem, but he was really dismissive saying he cant do anything about it. I asked to be moved to a room overlooking the courtyart dor the second night of my stay. They did move me, but the bathroom had exactly the same problem, plus so much limestone was built up in the shower that the water was uncontrollably spraying everywhere. Two awful showering experiences. On the positive note, the rooms were clean and breakfast was fairly good. Will never they there again though.

Great location .

Pillows re dirty and smell like rotten eggs .

Great location . Just 5mins distance from Odense St (east of station)to the hotel. Free coffee ,fruit juice ,tea ,hot water all the day . Nice communication with staffs . It s convient to check in.

Really pleasnat stay with friendly staff who are extremely helpful

The Breakfast was OK. As many people staying at the hotel came down at a similar time, there was no space to eat, other than in the bar area, wihchi is not relaly suitable

the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the facilities were very good and i wwould recommmend anybody to stay there if going to Odense

Hotel was adequate for a one night stay.

It is a small property, room was cramped. Bed as uncomfortable. Walls were thin and noise travelled from room to room.

Friendly, helpful staff. Room was clean. Reasonably well located.

Good value for money and location

Room could have been cleaner- some places which you don´t look that often (plugs, phone) were very dusty, also the bed. Closet in the room was broken.

Very good breakfast!

Mold in the bathroom.

Mold in the bathroom. When I took a shower, there was water on the floor in the whole bathroom, which was really annoying. No shampoo or shower gel in the bathroom.

Fantastic!

We didn't really mind but the ONLY slight negative was a super tiny room, although the bathroom was nice and big. I would caution families with children to be careful because the window opens. Might have to keep an eye on small children. But we loved it!

Super clean and amusing decor. Free coffee and juice 24/7. Nice bar. Awesome breakfast. Spacious, modern bathroom. GREAT LOCATION.

A great base for exploring the town and beautiful surrounds.

Get to breakfast early as the choice runs out. Some of the staff were excellent and exceptionally helpful, other were less so and grumpy. I suggest some training to bring them all up to the same very good standard.

Excellent location; was able to easily walk from the station in 10 mins pulling bag and 5 min walk to centre of town.

Room too small for a family of four.

Room too small for a family of four. One double, one single. Apparently this was Booking.com's fault for not advising the hotel of the size of our party (two adults/two kids (6 & 9). This was a recurring theme during our vacation. Booking.com not booking enough bed space for a family of four. Beware!

Not much value for the money :(

No free parking lots, had to park down the street for 12 dkk/h. The bathroom was very small and smelled badly . Finally the breakfast was very crowded in a small room with only a few choices to eat.

It was just a short way into the city, the location is very central.

Quite good
    • Small Single Room

The parking is free on the street but you have the maximum of 1hour with the disk from 9 to 18

Nice staff, good breakfast, clean and cozy rooms. Very near to the city centre

Good location, near to the city center just a 2 min walk to...
    • Small Single Room

One person room was really small, room was next to the bar (noisy until 24:00), room was not very modern

Good location, near to the city center just a 2 min walk to the shopping street, very friendly in the hotel

Unclean

Our room hadnt been prepared for our stay - it was very unclean. The room was extremely small considering the photos shown, and the beds were uncomfortable and unclean. We really didn't think this hotel was worth the price we paid, as we have recently stayed in a plush four star hotel in a similar location in Denmark for the same price. Perhaps we got a small room, or the hotel was busy and therefore the rooms had not been properly cleaned, but overall in this instance, we had a negative experience.

Not very far from the main train station and main part of...
    • Small Single Room

"left luggage" is just an open unlocked space under the stairs next to the reception area toilet which is totally unsecure.

Not very far from the main train station and main part of town. Facilities all fine and standard. Pretty good breakfast included.

Good location, friendly staff.

Carpeted floors.

Good location, friendly staff. Small, but comfortable rooms and bathrooms. Perfect for a short stays/weekends when traveling alone, couples or friends.

The location was close to train station and downtown.
    • Small Single Room

Noise from the bar was loud at night. Wifi stopped working and front desk staff did not know how to restart router. Safe in room was broken and nothing was done about it.

The location was close to train station and downtown.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Basic facilities and careless cleaning for a high price

After check-in, I discovered that there was no remote control for the television in my room. The personal at the front desk tried to find one that worked, but he could not locate one, and promised that the next day they would locate a remote control device. However, three days later there was none, so the television was unusable. The breakfast room was not cleared regularly, so that it was difficult to find a place to sit that was not piled hight with dirty plates from the previous person. More important, and actually DANGEROUS! On the second evening I came down the stairs to the lobby, and slipped and fell on the wet tile floor between the stairs and the front door. There was no sign to warn people that the floor was wet and to take special care. I hurt my knee and back when I fell. Fortunately, I did not break a leg - although this could have happened! Extremely unprofessional behaviour to have a wet tile floor and not warm guests that it was slippery!

Location of the property - about 8-10 minutes walk from the station, and close to the city center - is good. The size of my room was acceptable, although the facilities were basic. The bathroom was a good size. The helpfulness of the front desk personal varied from person to person.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Near death experience

It was awful. We booked a double bed and got two singles. I would never have booked this and feel they took advantage. The young woman in reception when we arrived was abrupt and indifferent. The worst part was the other guests. Our window faced the street and people smoked under our window which meant we could not open it and get fresh air. It was like a sauna. Even worse at night several time, young men came back very drunk and held loud, screaming conversations under our window. We had broken sleep and felt exhausted when we left. The coffee and breakfast were marginal. It was horrible and our view of Denmark has been tainted.

Leaving and getting out of there

Great location only a couple of minutes walk from the...

The rooms are quite small, but if all you're doing is sleeping there, or are only staying a couple of days, the plusses well outweigh the minuses.

Great location only a couple of minutes walk from the pedestrianised centre of Odense. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast offered a choice of both hot and cold dishes.

Staff, especially dark haired woman was very helpful and...
    • Small Twin Room

Parking place. Too small. Showering was exciting because there wasn't any choice for temperature.

Staff, especially dark haired woman was very helpful and friendly, felt like, she owned the place, because was working with great attitude.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Ok, but not good at all

The reservation says free private parking and no reservation needed, what is not true. My Car spent overnight at the street and at the front desk they suggested me to take my car to a public parking, as there was no parking available for me at the hotel private parking. The shower has no box. Instead, a squeegee is at disposal as the tiny bathroom gets completely wet and soaked as you use the shower. At the restaurant, a sign advertising coffee is not allowed at you room as you might spill it on the floor carpet.

Proximidade do centro

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

They had the best bread at the breakfast buffet which...

Quite difficult to get to due to construction work all over Odense. If you arrive by car you need to check beforehand how to get there. It was a bit worn out, but clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.

They had the best bread at the breakfast buffet which otherwise was also very good with a wide selection of foods.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

great hotel and location provided you have no car

Very limited car parking at hotel, had to park on street which was very very busy.

In the center of town therefore majoriy of places of interest within walking distance. Large time span for breakfast, 6 am to 11 am

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Beds very comfortable and cleaned well every day.

Wifi was good but was cutting out at times and had find signal around the place to phone home.

Beds very comfortable and cleaned well every day. Staff very helpful. Very happy overall and everything was within walking distance. Good public transport links from the hotel too 😀

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

All my needs were met..

Very friendly and helpful staff. The room was basic but clean, and exactly suited my needs for a 1 night stay. Lovely little bar area for a night cap in the evening!

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Terrible

The room was very small, the bed as well. The bathroom was tiny, with the shower head above the toilet and sink (never seen anything like this before). Not clean. No shampoo or soap available. The internet connection was extremely bad, wasn't stable for even 2 minutes. Elevator was out of order. Upon complaints, staff reminded us that this was a budget hotel and for 500 euros a week (which I think is not that cheap) we could not expect more.

Breakfast was OK. Location was good.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Nice breakfast- didn't even have the time to try...

Bathroom was very small and not clean. Otherwise the stay was ok, and especially the location is very convenient.

Nice breakfast- didn't even have the time to try everything...

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

5 days too long

Mould behind shower curtain, Very small room,you have to stay out a lot.breakfast was a joke, was warm food every day.wanted danish bacon slicers,you serve bacon bits ? No toast , English people like toast.!!

Clean hotel, staff was brilliant,!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Clean, comfortable, no fuss.

A small step (trip hazard) at the door leading from the landing and also into the bathroom.

Convenient location for station and exploring Odense. No fuss, everything straightforward. Very clean and comfortable. Coat hooks by the door (which so many places lack). Good selection of breakfast items, all self-service, so no waiting for anything, no cold toast, and you can have your tea when you want!

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Starts good but then it gets worse

-I was staying at the 4th floor and the wifi was from the 3rd floor. I couldn't connect at all (I stayed 1 night but it would be a deal breaker if I stayed longer!) -The breakfast was poor and design was bad. You take your plate, then realize you have to go to another room to get breads and juice.

-The room has a very modern vibe to it. There was a leather sofa, case and even an iron (but no hair dryer..) -It is very close to the train station and the city center, Odense is a really nice city.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Avoid this hotel

heating not work on arrival, then too hot. Hotel is very tired and in need of complete overhaul. Bedrooms are small, no bedside table (phone is located on radiator), 1 bed is up against a wall (no leg room). Poor service at the bar. damp smell around the building

Leaving

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Not great...

I had to make up second bed in room, despite booking being for 3 people in a family room. Sofa bed was not comfortable, sheets for it did not fit, there was kids' food under it. You could hear people talking in adjacent rooms. Room too small for 3.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Could have been better!

The breakfast was sparse with a poor selection of foods. There was no hairdryer in the room and when I requested one I was told that this was because "other guests steal them". I was eventually given one, after asking four times. I had problems with the lock on the door.

The location. My room was quiet.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

I think this hotel has a good potential, nice location, good...

i think this hotel could really improve with some minor additions, like for example, the towels and sheets were clean, but didn't smell good, in need of a refreshing detergent i would say.. Also the bathroom curtain was dirty.. so this little changes i think would have made my experience better

I think this hotel has a good potential, nice location, good reception, amazing staff, and good breakfast

Room was small but we expected that.

Room was small but we expected that.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

like in a prison with a good breakfast

the room

like in a prison with a good breakfast

Good location and clean room

Parking possibilities were poor.

Breakfast was delicious and prrsonel very helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Lovely breakfast and available coffee all time.

I missed shampoo.

Lovely breakfast and available coffee all time.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

One night stop

Nice bar.

Excellent breakfast and central location

View from bedroom of a yard

Nice and near the Railway Station. Excellent breakfasts

everything

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

A nice hotel is in the centre of town.

Great breakfast with lots of choice.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Clean, comfortable room

Ran out of seats at breakfast No English/ black tea and milk

Clean, comfortable room