Reviews of Hotel Kommandørgården 3 stars

5.5

5.3

Overpriced and underserved
    • Studio Apartment

Watch out! Total rip. They charged us it rent the sheets 120 KR per person and then another 495 KR to clean them. This on top of 1070 to rent room for one night. Sheets had holes in them. Decor is 60s shabby. Shower provided you with squeegee because the water goes all over the bathroom. Sorry but there is really nothing nice to say about this place.

Parking was easy.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Dissapointing
    • Cottage

We rented a "cottage" but i will call it a cabin. The bedrooms are so small that you cant even have a suitcase in the bedroom. We stayed for three nights and we felt happy to leave the place. We were aware that we had to pay for linnen and towels. But - Booking.com didn't mention that we had to pay extra for cleaning. We thought that we rented a cottage at a hotel. This place is sorrounded by a camp with lots of mobil homes etc. The clerks at the reception desk are terrible. We were informed that we could check in from 3'oclock. We arrived at noon and asked if we by any chance could check in earlier. Theyd didn't even offered the opportunity to investigate if the room was ready. When we tried again 4.30 the clerk told us that he was not sure the room was ready!!!! We asked for another room, but he just told us to go and look!!!!!!!! He sent us to the wrong gate and it took a while to find the right entrance gate in this big property. Later we went back to the reception to ask for the access code to the internet. Then we went back to ask why we couldnt watch half of det Danish TVstations on the very old fashioned TVset loosing the signal all the time. They didn't supply us with information about how to adjust the TV. I dont know if staff get paid but they dont like tourists. Why didn't they inform us in advance about these simple questions? We had lunch in the restaurant the first day and decided not to return. We waited very long time and the food was so-so but rather expensive. We booked sea view but this was the most limited sea view ever. This is a low quality product sold at a premium price and it's not worth it. We paid more than DKK 4000 for a three nights stay.

The hotel pool and the beach on the western side of the island.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Not worth the money - go somewhere else !
    • Studio Apartment

Worn down hotel - lastest update seems to have been around 1975. Very dirty and badly maintained. Staff was not danish and they did'nt care (The cleaning staff was friendly and Danish but seemed quite stressed). Heated pool is not heated. Only small indoor pool is heated. The playground "Rømø Sommerland" is a tragical joke. Restaurant is VERY POOR. The famous fish buffet (Waiter: We have a lot of fresh fish today !) is actual just froozen fish they have deep fryed. We booked this through booking.com and was not aware that you have to clean your own room - otherwise you are charged 495 DKK !!!

Room close to the pool. WiFi was excellent.

Hated it

Desolate hotel like the Shining film. All other guests older. Garden grounds poorly maintained. Very expensive not good value.

Very little

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Combination of facilties overall.
    • Cottage

Bed linen and sheets were needed for cottage and that was not mentioned in the booking receipt.

Combination of facilties overall. Location excellent.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Nothing good to say.

I have severe complaints about my stay at Hotel Kommandørgården, Römo, Denmark in 6-8 May 2016. At check-in on May 6th the reception staff was very aggressive about paying the total stay in advance. But I managed to tell them that I needed to check the cabin before by which they prompted me to get back as quickly as possible to pay. After a very stressful “speed check” of the cabin, and negative viewpoints of cleanliness which I unfortunately kept to myself (I was very tired due to the need to take care of my two small children after a long day of travel), I went back and paid the total amount. Notes on the cleanliness of the cabin are nails and hairs in the bathroom sink, dead flies everywhere you can imagine, spider web from forgotten times, algae infested outdoor table (which I tried to clean a bit, see pictures I took), cushions with blood spots and blankets and mattresses with unidentified large spots (have they experienced possible urination accidents?). I complained about the “blood cushion” and was told it was washed! Still, after a while they gave me a new one! Still, in the late evening of May 6th we noticed that there was no hot or warm water, and told the reception about this immediately early the next day (May 7th) and requested a refund of 30 %. We also noticed that the fire detector was missing (there was an empty fire detector holder in the ceiling!) in the cabin! They came on May 7th in the evening and installed a fire detector. But told us that there would be no warm water for us during our stay! We were told that we could use the hotel pool showers instead! I again requested a refund of 30 % of the total amount but didn´t get any definite confirmation, but they made a note of it in their “system”. However, despite my attempts to try and get a refund at check out for the lack of hot/warm water we didn´t get it. Instead we were treated in the worst way I have ever been treated by a hotel reception staff.

Nothing good to say.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

The rooms / hotel was very old and run down.

The rooms / hotel was very old and run down. Needs a complete overhaul / refurbished. Indoor swimming pool looks good however it's non heated so no good for young children. As a result very expensive for the current state.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2015

Since I am a birder the location of the hotel close to the...

The bedrooms are a bit claustrophobic especially the main bedroom since it is situated under the slope of the roof. Wi-fi reception was not particularly strong. The terrace at the back was shared with the adjacent room and we felt it affected our privacy. We did not need to use the freezer however we noticed that the internal freezer door cannot open as it is blocked by the internal trim of the fridge door. In our opinion the practice of charging for the linen is archaic and accommodation prices should include this automatically

Since I am a birder the location of the hotel close to the shore was ideal to go birdwatching in the morning. Room was clean. Staff were courteous.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

The location is okay.

the hotel is not a cheap one, but they don't have bed sheet and pillow cover! We were not told that you suppose to prepare the whole set!! And we have to pay extra 280 DKK....which one night adds up to almost 1200 DKK. Not worth it

The location is okay. very close to the seaside

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Nice apartment for 2 adults with 2 kids

Extremely expensive and no mention during the booking that it's self-service, means you need to pay for cleaning, sheets, towels. it's a true rip-off. Complex packages and initially they asked me way more money until I complained loudly and threatening to report them to the Danish trade authorities, then things got much easier for me...

Nice apartment for 2 adults with 2 kids

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Good bed, pillows and blankets.

Wifi didn't work in cottage. Very small kitchen/coutch/eating area, too small for 5 persons. Dangerous stairs for small children.

Good bed, pillows and blankets. Nice and clean bathroom.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2015

Location is great, close to a small supermarket that is open...

Wifi does not extend to cottages or campground. Neither tv nor radio worked - and the person never came to fix it. Personnel is nice but really not interested. "Indoor Spa" was open but not heated and was still being worked on - but no info on that anywhere. Not a single soul near the "spa."

Location is great, close to a small supermarket that is open 7 days. The cottages are very very small but sufficient if you think of it as camping. We did not mind too much that TV did not work as we looked at it as a "tech detox". Bring sleeping bags!

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Great personnel, confortable room, clean facilities- and...

Steam room at wellness was out of order.

Great personnel, confortable room, clean facilities- and best of all is the quality and service at the Islantics center. I am very pleased about my holiday -and will come again for a longer riding holiday.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

The Bed and the Pool

The Restaurant

The Bed and the Pool

• Reviewed: 17 March 2016

Nice and friendly personal

Very noisy room and old fashion.

Nice and friendly personal

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

The appartments was okay

Breakfast buffet was empty and not fill up fast enough Restaurant more a canteen..... type - not very charming

The appartments was okay

There are also 3 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.