Reviews of Hotel Alisei 4 stars

Calle Francisco Caamano, Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic

#6 of 31 Holiday rentals in Las Terrenas

Beautiful hotel, right on the beach, with a lovely pool and good restaurant
    • Studio (2 Adults)

- The hotel is not cheap, but it's worth it - Service at the restaurant can be slow - on a few occasions we had to walk in to get someone's attention, when usually 3 or 4 staff were standing together, most of them moving their head away once they saw the customer, and the last one quickly approaching us. Not a big thing, just a point of attention

- Beautiful resort hotel with lovely pool - Great room with a balcony with a view of the pool area and the sea - The hotel has its own stretch of quiet beach area, which is nice. But a short drive away is Playa Bonita, which lives up to its name - a very pretty stretch of beach, and very quiet (see beach picture) - Good location, just outside the hustle and bustle of Las Terrenas (10 min walk) - Good restaurant - In general very friendly staff, unlike some of the other places in the Dominican Republic

Super thrilled that we selected El Alisei as our hotel to spend our honeymoon!!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Staying at El Alisei was one of the best vacation experiences I've had-- from permitting us to check-in early (I wasn't feeling well), to the lovely welcome gift for our honeymoon (gorgeous flower arrangements). Excellent restaurant, extraordinary staff, beautiful location.

Quiet place for exploring the surroundings
    • Studio (2 Adults)

mosquito nets before all windows would be fine, cleaning behind and under the furniture

The view of the balcony to the sea and pool, silence of the location, excellent food in restaurant at night, really very friendly owner, the beautiful garden and ponds with wonderful flowers, mosquito nets before the balcony door; really clean and big pool for relaxing; fresh pancake, waffle, crepes, omeletts, scrambled eggs at the morning; a cook preapares it on demand

It was great. I'd stay there again.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It was a little hard to find initially. While the food for breakfast at the restaurant was good, we did not enjoy the rest of our meals there. Unfortunately, I found a bit of plastic wrap in my soup! I would definitely eat elsewhere if possible. The wifi didnt work in our room but we were able to pull from our neighbors without issue.

The spa was lovely. We had a massage, manicure, and facial while we were there and it was wonderful. The staff was nice. We also enjoyed the pool, especially since the beach right in front of the hotel is a little small. Our rooms were spacious, clean, and quiet. It is an easy walk into town, especially if you walk along the beach.

The hotel served it purpose of being close to town, being clean, offering the basic ammenities!
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Breakfast was okay, not amazing. Unfortunately, the beach right infront of Alisei has corals and not easy to get to sand, not recommendable for families with young kids.

The location was close to the main street, you can walk the distance to the restaurants. Room was clean and had working AC. Property is very green, our room had great view of beach.

I would not return
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The sheets had holes in them and were discolored, the pool lounges looked dirty, the beach was a mess and needed raking. The apartment was spacious but only had air conditioning in the bedroom! I couldn’t blow my hair dry even once the entire stay as the room was much to warm. The towel ticket situation is very tacky, makes the resort a three star at best.

The breakfast and coffee we’re excellent. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The pool bartender was especially nice.

Hotel Alisei is a great low key choice for families in a superb location.
    • Villa

Some slightly stronger reading lights.

Loved the amazing location, gardens were beautiful, pool, ping pong, bunnies, turtles all added to our enjoyment. Delicious daily breakfast.

Nice facilities and atmosphere, comfortable in general, great pool and spa, not so modern.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Checkin lady was unfriendly, pillows not so good.

Nice environment and good facilities, including great swimming pool and spa. Nice terraces in apartment.

Pretty and comfortable beachfront hotel. You should visit!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I booked and paid for 3 people but ended up only 2 people staying. They said the refund for 1 person was impossible so I paid almost 100 dollars for nothing. I requested the change in advance but it didnt work out. But it seems that was because of the booking.com's policy.

I stayed in the smallest apartment with my mom. Super recommendable. The apartment is clean, and sofa is more than comfortable that we cannot do any other thing but get relaxed on the sofa. We loved the breakfast area. It might have been a little better if they include some other types of food but we were content overall with the food and area. it was very decent. The restaurant area is very beautiful along the beach area. It is beachfront hotel so you can relax on the beach in front of the hotel. There was a ping pong table next to swimming pool which we enjoyed a lot at night. Check out is 1pm so you have enough time in the morning. Recommendable!

Awesome Place
    • Studio (2 Adults)

We loved waking up and coming back to our super comfy studio. It was very clean with ac, fridge, safebox and really good bed. We had always fresh and hot water supply in our room and dishes too, found that very handy. You can find a quiet beach front of the hotel. We also couldnt see enough of the awesome garden with the beautiful lotus pond in front of the spa! Half of our time we participated in the yoga classes with Imke in the morning, she really spreads her love for yoga, what makes the classes suitable as well for beginners as for more experieced yogis. We recommend you to try great foods in the hotel restaurant. Also you can find good restaurants, bars and markets just 5 min walking from Hotel. Staff are so friendly, helpful and professional.

Amazing stay at Alisei
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not that much choice for breakfast, although the stuff that is there is pretty tasty. They did have some nice cooked food after a few days and the passion fruit juice was amazing! Only issue in Las Terrenas is the lack of sidewalks, you mainly need to walk on the road. Luckily Alisei is only a 10 min walk from the town centre

Amazing hotel right across the street from the beach. The room was great and we loved the huge terrace outside. Loads of plants and animals in the garden, the cats were so cute! Everything was very clean and well maintained and the owners and staff so welcoming. Loved the yoga classes in the morning with Imke

Amazing place, excellently managed and with the view to the nicest beach!
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Alisei was recommended to us by a local friend and I have to say it exceeded all our expectations. Coming from Bulgaria, I thought I had booked a studio for 2 and we ended up in a 2-storey, 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom villa with an amazing terrace, all the privacy we needed and right on the beach. I loved the swimming pool, the restaurant (you can tell the owner is Italian, the food was exquisite!) , the terrace, everything! People were really kind with us and they also helped organize a trip to Salto El Limon for us, so we really felt premium. It was an amazing stay that my husband and I will never forget!

Property is in great shape!
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The mattress is a bit on the firm side, but I did not find it uncomfortable.

Property is in great shape! Apartments are super spacious, ideal for families.

Exceeded many expectations.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

More electrical outlets in the room for charging phones or having a place to setup a laptop. We had the Studio apartment though, I did not see the other rooms.

Excellebt Breakfast selection and quality. Excellent pool, lovely decorative plantings and fish ponds. Really great unique mixed drinks at the pool. Great atmosphere!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Las Terrenas and Hotel Alisei! True gems
    • Studio (2 Adults)

The room was very hot when I arrived but cooled off after an hour or so.

Jeremy at Hotel Alisei was absolutely wonderful. He welcomed me, helped me plan my time and checked in on me often. Was fantastic!

Great Room and Pool
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Staff at the restaurant were not very attentive or friendly, so we just went there for the breakfast buffet which was part of the hotel package. I understand its separate from the hotel.

The room was great. Very big, clean, and comfortable right next to the pool. Didn't have to walk up stairs or take elevator. Room comes with dishes, glasses, etc. Plenty of closet space and drawers for clothing. Balcony equipped with sofa and hammock are a nice way to relax outside in case of rain.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

They got it all right!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Wonderful location! Right on the beach and in walking distance to the restaurants. The hotel rooms are really nice - love the terrace with the hammock. The pool and grounds are beautiful. Well maintained. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

dream holiday with family
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

we could not stay longer

comfortable, modern and spacious apartment, lovely terrace. everything works very well really nice staff spa is great and had good deals right at the beach, lovely pool area with bar

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

This is an excellent hotel with the right value and beautiful facilities. Also, the staff made A+
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The beach is across the street, which I didn't care for because I like to be more private, however, this is not the hotel's fault, it's just the location. The pool compensated and we visited another beach.

Beautiful pool and rooms were very comfortable and nicely equipped with everything needed for a pleasant stay. The staff were very accommodating and friendly and the pool bartender is one of the best in Dominican Republic!!! Ask for Jordan...

The appartments are GREAT

rooms and position

The appartments are GREAT

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

We love las Terrenas. Great food in most places. Playa Bonita and Playa Las Ballenas is great for s!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Needs new linens. Especially beach towels

I liked the spa and the friendly staff.

I'll never back

Bathroom Is very slippery,

Great place to stay, And adventure the night.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

It was a beautiful place all around. Everyone was very friendly.

Overall a nice visit
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Rooms are dated, mattresses need upgrade

Convenience of an apartment

Great spot for families.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Great spot for families. Awesome pool. Huge rooms to hang out with great outdoor area and beautiful food at very reasonable prices.

Fantastic garden.

Fantastic garden. The best in the Terrenas

Very enjoyable and would recommend to friends.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

View of ocean from room, bathrooms, breakfast, outdoor patio.

The pool was dirty

The pool was dirty

all is good

all is good

The people real nice and friendly .
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The people real nice and friendly . Deffenitly going back.

Agradable

Iluminacion nocturna area comun

Excelente piscina

I wanted to stay a little longer
    • Studio (2 Adults)

its a great location, 10 min walking to the restaurants and town. Great service! I loved the view from the room and really good breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Very ruimy apartment

Very ruimy apartment

The dinner food at the restaurant wasn't that great, but...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The dinner food at the restaurant wasn't that great, but the staff were friendly and attentive.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

best place to stay in las terrenas
    • Studio (2 Adults)

that i cant permanently live there

best place to stay at in las terrenas, hands down

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

First-time stay in Las Terrenas
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Spa service prices are a bit out of line with everything else - minor issue, though.

Very helpful and engaging staff.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Ateos from the sand.
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Ateos from the sand. Knowledgeable and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2016

I like everything about this property.

I like everything about this property. It's beautiful. Really nice pool with a swim up bar, on a beautiful beach, has a massage building, tasty restaurant, great staff, and the family that owns it has pets all over the place. A couple dogs, cats, turtles & fish in a man made pond in front of the massage building, rabbits .... there's also a ping pong table and the entire grounds are beautiful. This was my 2nd visit - I've gone in April during slow season on purpose to avoid crowds and have a very relaxed atmosphere. The daily free breakfast is legit. I love this place for a recharge getaway / lazy vacation of beach, pool, massages and good food. Great to turn off the tech, get some sun and a great nights rest. Of note, the WiFi and the AC have been upgraded consistently in 2016 vs. my visit in 2015.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

Great, Great. Hotel Alisei was easy to find, a miracle for Dominican Republic. Hotel Alisei consist of six buildings of nine nice units each plus the restaurant where you eat breakfast. The pool is located in the center of the complex and is large and warm with lots of mature trees around the pool so you can lounge in the shade or lounge in the sun. Hotel Alisei has beach chairs with lots of mature palm trees for shade or full sun and is in the front of hotel. There is lot of sea grass so the beach is not as beautiful as those at Punta Cana but there are no crowds. Hotel Alisei has its own restaurant but there are excellent mom's and pop's restaurants about 400 meters east on the beach. Stay here.

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Location, location, location.

Location, location, location. Extraordinary service. Everything spotlessly maintained and exceptionally clean. Pool and pool area amazing. Beach is great. Loved every minute of it as did our 9 and 11 year old grand kids. Close to town and other restaurants. Can't wait to return.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2016

Great view from the balcony!

The water in the shower smelled awful.

Great view from the balcony! There is a small pond with turtles and fishes in the yard, also there are rabbits and tennis table, perfect for kids. Opposite the kitchen there is a swing on a tree branch. Very nice cozy area. Responsive staff, quickly solved all our questions. Very good variety of breakfast. The room has everything you need. Excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2016

Excellent facilities, excellent staff and great...

Nothing. The staff are friendly, attentive and helpful.

Excellent facilities, excellent staff and great location-near enough to town center but far enough for peace and relaxation

• Reviewed: 22 February 2016

room was good

whale watching trip was terrible. 1 hour whale watching and 4 hours on an island being hassled to buying unwanted souvenirs, terrible lunch and overpriced drinks - don't book through the hotel as it is a complete rip off.

room was good

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

The location and facilities were great, the pool (and pool...

The location and facilities were great, the pool (and pool bar) were wonderful, and the food was good. But most importantly, the staff were amazing. My girlfriend got sick while we were there, and everyone at the hotel could not have been more kind and helpful. I strongly recommend Hotel Alisei!

• Reviewed: 11 February 2016

The condo (2br) that we stayed in was extremely clean and...

The things that we didn't weren't the fault of the property-like the mosquitos and the toxic water. If you didn't know, you cannot drink any water that's not bottled. My friend accidentally ingested pool water and got really sick.

The condo (2br) that we stayed in was extremely clean and provided more than enough room for two people. There were fans in every room plus proper air conditioning in the bedrooms. An added bonus was the water cooler (hot, warm and cold water), especially since you can't drink from the tap (see below). The property is steps away from the beach and restaurants are in walking distance. Excellent all around.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

GREAT Staff.

Heavy!!! Traffic Many Babies in diapers in the pool

GREAT Staff. Nice bar.Nice breakfast!! The manager and staff were very helpful!! Very nice.clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2016

Right on the beach, hotel restaurant has unbelievable food.

We couldn't stay longer!

Right on the beach, hotel restaurant has unbelievable food. Best restaurant we are at in our 10 night stay. Only stayed for one night as we'd booked a villa with my partner's parents but the staff, from the receptionist to the pool bar staff were fantastic. Allowed us to take our champagne from the restaurant to the room after dinner. Room was comfortable enough, decent air con and private wifi for our own hotel room was very convenient.

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

Great location!

Furniture and mattress not comfortable. Fairly basic breakfast buffet with minimal choices. Not much parking.

Great location! Large pool and convenient swim up bar for drinks. Nice, big apartments.

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

I love the location and the proximity to everything.

I found the bed very uncomfortable,I kept feeling the springs. It might be time to get a new mattress.

I love the location and the proximity to everything. I enjoy the staff services and the food at the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

The staf of the restaurant and pool

Went i came back to the room is was hot because the sistema of energy saving. But is andestandeble for the money and everything else. .i will stay again on my 4 time

The staf of the restaurant and pool

• Reviewed: 10 August 2015

Clean room on top floor overlooking pool and near the beach.

Electricity went out several times. Returned in 15 minutes or so.

Clean room on top floor overlooking pool and near the beach. Friendly staff. General manager refunded third night when we decided to leave early.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2015

Perhaps the best food in town.

Had a small mixup with the dining bill upon checkup but they cleared it up promptly.

Perhaps the best food in town. Great little beach right across the street with plenty of chairs. Very nice staff, great fresh fruit drinks at the pool bar. Quick walk into town, and short hop to nearby beaches if that's not enough.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

location, views, beach access/beauty, breakfast,...

wifi was very sporadic and spotty, and air conditioning barely kept up and is in bedroom only.

location, views, beach access/beauty, breakfast, friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Delivered on everything I was hoping for - relaxation,...

having to leave I definitely see this as a place I could end up going to every year ... I can't wait to go back.

Delivered on everything I was hoping for - relaxation, convenience, on a beautiful beach with great beaches for miles, beautiful pool and well-designed property, legit breakfast ... plus I even got a room upgrade which was nice. It delivered on everything I was hoping for out of a vacation meant to recharge.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2015

The hotel was very well kept and manicured.

The beach right in front is beautiful for relaxing on the sand. But if you like to be in the water, there are better spots in terrenas with no grass or coral just a 5 minute drive from the hotel.

The hotel was very well kept and manicured. Staff was very friendly and they had a great breakfast. We stayed in a loft apt on the 1st floor and it was very spacious for 4 adults and 2 small children. Would definitely go back

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

The staff are all so friendly and kind.

Wi-fi not the greatest but having stayed in another location on a previous visit, I think it's just the way it is anywhere you stay.

The staff are all so friendly and kind. The food is excellent and the overall stay very comfortable! Would absolutely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 11 March 2015

The apartment was very spacious, lovely and comfortable.

The apartment was very spacious, lovely and comfortable. The staff was friendly and some spoke English very well. Within walking distance to the 'fisherman's village'.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2015

Staff were very friendly.

The studio rooms don't have kitchens, just a fridge and water cooler (which was actually great!). They're on the 4th floor and there are no elevators.

Staff were very friendly. The hotel is just outside of town so it's easy to get there but far enough away that it's quiet.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2015

Location, staff, pool, breakfast.

They were pushing a new hotel and it felt like a timeshare pitch. The hotel itself was really great.

Location, staff, pool, breakfast... everything, really.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

I have traveled all over the world.

I have traveled all over the world. This hotel One of the best.the staff is excellent. The beach is great ... The restaurant fantastic. I was Gerry pleased..

• Reviewed: 29 April 2016

everything was very good

everything was very good

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

The location and the friendly staff

The location and the friendly staff

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

The place was clean quiet and the people were friendly.

The place was clean quiet and the people were friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

Nice location, good people.

Nice location, good people. Quiet.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

Beautiful grounds, great spa experience, very friendly staff

Beautiful grounds, great spa experience, very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Pool, beachfront

Restaurant Price

Pool, beachfront

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

The hotel was everything and more.

The hotel was everything and more. Quite simply the best of the best!! Imke and Rocco are amazing!

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

The pool is awesome and stays open late.

The pool is awesome and stays open late.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2015

The staff

The staff Very friendly and responsive

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

The location is great, next to the beach

The location is great, next to the beach Staff really helpful and friendly Very clean and the breakfast amazing!!!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

Very attentive service, very clean villas, good location,...

Very attentive service, very clean villas, good location, excellent breakfast, and surprisingly good and reasonable restaurant on the property.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

Staff

Seaf

Staff

There are also 26 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.