Reviews of Barcelo Santo Domingo 5 stars

Maximo Gomez-Esq 27 de Febrero, 21000 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#34 of 76 hotels in Santo Domingo

Very displeased with our stay

Issues at check in. Given a smoking room(non smoker) . The rate charged was different to that at time of booking. If you book on booking .com they DO NOT give you Barcelo points. Another BAD point is the amount of Men seen bringing in escorts is disgusting . Picture of my proof of given smoking room

The hotel is kept clean and the rooms are well kept. The location is not bad.

Overall it was a great stay.
    • Superior Club Premium Room with Free WiFi

The noise from traffic driving on the highways outside was distracting when we were trying to sleep in. They charge $12.00 per day for WiFi which they don’t tell you and I think it’s per device. We had four devices and we were given four passwords written with passwords we only ended up connecting just our phones.

The location is okay but the restaurant staff is not very efficient as it took forever to get our bill to pay.. also the food was cold when I came. We ordered a soup which came way after we had received our main meal and to top it all off it was cold meaning it had been sitting out for a while. We sent it back and the hotel manager tried to charge us for it. They also need an English speaking person to help with communication

Central location

Most of the staff friendly. I didn’t really appreciate how the staff that checked me in question my reason for wanting 3 beds. I booked 3 beds for disability reasons. He kept on telling me I would have to pay if I had a third person. I told him I understood. He kept on repeating his self for about 5 minutes. I told him he could be the third person because he was being rude. Ps his name was (Santana) . Some days the room was not cleaned properly and I had to call for them to come vacuum the carpet which I didn’t like. I stayed at another hotel days before and days after and my experience was delightful. (Catalonia) and (Renaissance). The room service also came cold most days.

Central location

Very nice

The breakfast

Beds are excellent, breaks fast not so good, but the property over all is perfect, it has a casino a cafe bar staff is friendly and the general manager gave us a free upgrade 😍

Overall great experience.

The parking can get crowded when the casino opens at night. Its hard for people staying at the hotel to get a decent spot.

In the center of Santo Domingo.

Great situation and excellent people working in
    • Executive Superior Room with Free WiFi

Hotel should improve in a nearby future sound isolation from outside traffic

Enthusiam and proactivity of personel, specially recepcinist on Premium recepción, were extremelly good

Just for guest vacations

- The internet is extremely bad, for a business traveler like me it’s impossible use it. - The breakfast cost around 16 dollars is very expensive. - The day use that the hotel allow anyone to entry at pool area isn’t good, because anyone stay on the same ambient that the guests, I saw a stranger local guy watching the guest wallet with bad intentions.

- The hotel structure is excellent for vacations. - The front desks were friendly and helpful.

Depending on the location of your room.

Depending on the location of your room. It can be noisy due to it being on the main avenue. Wish I have none I was going to get a room facing it. Trucks and cars honking all day from 6am to 8pm. Next time I'll be sure to request a room away from the main ave.

I’ll definitely come back !
    • Executive Superior Room with Free WiFi

My room was really moldy! 718 I turned off the air conditioning a couple of times a stood in the hallway. (The room was clean) I just didn’t want the hassle of changing rooms and such! There should have more vegetarian options!

Everyone was very helpful, smiles , I love that the girls would come and chat with me ! The girls in the lounge were amazing.. the checkout process should be a bit quicker. The smell in the hallways.... yummy

Take a few stars off the Rating then you have a correct score.

Carpets are extremely dirty! The food is extremely overpriced for the quality. Also be careful of the attached Casino, many locals hangout around the slot machines waiting for when they come and bring guest free food so they can eat.

That's a good question!

Classy city hotel & restaurant

This is a classy city Center hotel w a nice pool and great buffet in their restaurant. The price was affordable and rooms clean and comfortable. The service was also very good. They ensured our early checkout was smooth w a wake up call, and a waiting taxi for us.

Barceló hotel has room to improve

I didn’t like the parking issue and I can see that they try but it’s not under control. Guest parking should be strictly for guest not for staff or events.

I liked the customer service in general because the ppl are nice to guest all the time.

Great place for a nice vacation!

I like the customer service, like the attitude of the employees, like atmosphere of the restaurant, like the staff at the restaurant, and the parking staff are working very professionally

Amazing

Well,they are suppose to create some activities for the guests.

It's was a very good trip. I like the atmosphere of the hotel. Peaceful place. The room is confortable and clean.

Great hotel, lovely staff and facilities.
    • Superior Club Premium Room with Free WiFi

The restaurant closed quite early at night, no a la Carter dinner after 9pm.

Really comfy bed, great swimming pool area and yummy cocktails at a good price.

My shoes were stolen, and when I called to explain that I...

My shoes were stolen, and when I called to explain that I left them, I was told by the general manager how honest the staff is. Obviously not, when I know for sure that I left my shoes at the head of the bed and forgot to pick them up!!!

It was not what I expected as having guest spend the night.

Certain Female receptionist who was somwhat rude and that fact that I was charged extra $50 for a guest who spent the night! VERY UNACCEPTABLE. That’s main reason why I would not stay they again.

The quality, security and cleanliness of the Hotel

Very average. Terrible staff

We didn’t like the staff. Only few persons speak English, in The Piano bar no one comes to you to take your order, you need to run and follow waitresses, who are soo busy by talking about their life and about other customers between each other. After you catch them they show you that they are very unhappy, that you bother them. The hotel take a deposit of 250!!! dollars, nowhere was written that. They return it after, if the room was not damaged, but you need always remember that. Very expensive breakfast. No slippers, cheap cosmetics, no even cotton pads. Very slow internet, every time you need to enter login and password. Annoying Very, very long check out, even if you are the only person in a line. I had a bad experience in their Urban hair spa. I dyed my hair. I’m European with soft and thin hair, like any other European or Slavic woman. If you are not Dominican, never go there! The lady dyed it ok, but she literally killed my hair with her hands and hair dryer! She was pulling it so strong, literally tearing and breaking my hair, than she burned my hair and my head skin with very hot hair dryer forwarded directly to my skin. Two days passed until I started not to feel my skin burning! And they don’t speak English, no any chances to explain. They literally don’t understand the difference between black race hair and white and try to tear it as much as they can. Now I’m forced to cut my hair shorter because a lot of hair are broken in between my length.. Location is not nice. Heavy traffic. Don’t ask about taxi in the hotel, use Uber (many times cheaper). The staff killed the hotel! Don’t recommend and never come back.

Big rooms, nice swimming pool area, very friendly Barman in Piano Bar. He is the only friendly person in the hotel who cares about guests

You don't have to leave the location to have fun.

If you have to leave the location, be prepared to run into alot of traffic.

You don't have to leave the location to have fun. The location has a bar, restaurant, casino, cigar room and a pool all within the location. The room service is awesome too.

Very enjoyable

Room on top floor not ready so took option on 8th floor

Best place for us to stay in Santo Domingo. En route in from El Cibao, excelent facilities. Easy to get to other locations in the capital👍

I really like Barcelo Santo Domingo!
    • Executive Superior Room with Free WiFi

The noise on the streets during the day and early morning. However, the hotel is located very central and right next to a major highway and very busy business district, so the noise is to be expected.

Rooms are spacious and bed is very cozy. The attendants are very accommodating and keep rooms clean and don't hesitate to respond to your requests. The food was great and I liked the free lounge with the executive pkg. The hotel is very central and close to all amenities. I enjoyed my first trip to this hotel so I went back!

Everything was very clean

Too expensive for one night and the bathroom was too simple, they put me next to the emergency exit VERY far from the elevator

Everything was very clean

Nightmare

Extremely poor food service My room was dirty In my room the WiFi didn’t work at all Sending apologies with fruit and wine doesn’t compensate such a poor standard The manager didn’t have time to listen to a client who was about to leave the Hotel 2 Days earlier exousted from disservices! great job!

Nothing! I left the hotel 2 Days before the scheduled time because of all the disservice received!

Love It!

The Cleaning, the Person that was Cleaning, it looks like it left in a Hurry and didn’t finish the Cleaning of the Room and left some Cleaning Towels Behind.

Loved the Softness and Confort of the Bed, Big Room and Bath Room, Overall it was a Great Place to Stay.

Enjoyed the stay just felt ripped off by the hotel cabs.

The cab service at the hotel, was expensive to the point of being ripped off. A cab ride from the bus station to the hotel 200 pesos. From the hotel to the bus station 500 pesos. From a restaurant in the area to the hotel by Uber 130 pesos. From the hotel to the same restaurant 500 pesos.

Location and hotel facilities were great.

We enjoyed our relaxing stay and look forward to our next stay in May this year
    • Superior Club Premium Room with Free WiFi

Pre notice of extra privileges. Too,late to enjoy hors deuves and drinks ( 5 - 9) Arrived 9.15 due to flight delay, sorry to have missed out.

Complete comfort, excellent after long flight.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Great experience ..can't wait to come back !
    • Executive Superior Room with Free WiFi

I liked everything ! No complaints !

Everything. The rooftop, the jacuzzi..i would recommend this to any and everyone. I actually stumbled upon this hotel and thank goodness i did. The location was great and so were the people. Definitely coming back !

Terrible value for money

It is not ventilated enough... and really noisy. The buffet breakfast ver limited: no vegetables, no natural yoghurt, no tea selection (seems there is only black tea available).

The pool in the first floor is ok and the guys in the parking area very helpful

A fun trip to a beautiful country.

The internet is bad and the transportation rates in the hotel are higher than the normal price in the country.

The pool, the restaurant and the tranquility of the hotel

Hotel Barceló Santo Domingo is a gem!

The location is a little difficult in that you can easily get caught in traffic jams on your way in or out. It just takes a little extra planning!

The staff members were welcoming, gracious, helpful, hardworking, pleasant - you name it! The food was delicious - breakfast, lunch, and dinner! The bed was extremely comfortable! The rain shower in the bath was relaxing after a long day of sightseeing.

Nothing to recommend

Credit card scam at check in. Noisy room with street noise. Lots of bad people in front and in hotel. Pool closed without notice at chack in

Nothing to recommend

Awesome Hotel! I'm going back!

There is just a lot of traffic. It's at a busy street. Just bring earplugs if your a light sleeper.

Great location! BEAUTIFUL Hotel. Wonderful well dressed staff. They go the extra mile to serve you. Lovely pool. Book without hesitation.

Too short, would have loved to enjoy the hotel a little more.

What I didn't like is the fact that they tell you a fee for the taxi at the desk but at the end the taxi charges more. It is better to book a taxi via the page of the hotel...that is cheaper.

First of all the staff is very friendly. Tania received me with a smile at the desk. She and a colleague tried their best to solve all the problems we had. The are initiave takers...they give you service. The hotel is beautifull and clean. The rooms are nice with very comfy beds and pillows. The bathroom is big and with a perfect rain shower for after a busy day. The food at the restaurant at the hotel is very good especially for the price we paid. Food is delicious with many many options. I just loved this hotel!!!

Great staffing and Services, coming back any time.

I could not stay longer.

The staffing member was amazing, from Yuriby at the check in process from Bautista the bell boy it was great. Anderson Silverio in the management. It was great.

Overall it was ok

I didn't like that It took a long time for maintenance to come and fix a situation I had in my room for two days.

There was a restaurant and club in the hotel

you won't be dissapointed

little outdated interrior

great selection of breakfast relaxation zone with swimming pool proximity of shopping mall and metro great coffee in the room good value for money

One of my best vacation

Everything was great

I'm sure the coffee was great but I don't drink coffe, but the staff was very attentive and available to help everyone even when there's a language barrier

Perfection
    • Executive Superior Room with Free WiFi

There was absolutely nothing not to like.

Fabulous service and amenities. Couldn't ask for better. Staff was sensational from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. Bed was comfortable and everything was clean and well appointed. The lounge was comfortable, well stocked and had beautiful appetizers at night and breakfast in the morning.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

good stay!!

buffet at the restaurant very expensive, also girls looking for guys to have sex for money ... not good when you are traveling with a 10years old and ask you, what are those girls doing?

the pool area

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Good location. Good hotel

Rooms service was slow and the food was not great when ordered. A little expensive for the quality of the food. When we ordered the first time, the staff forgot my order and took 1:30 hr for a ham and cheese sandwich. They still charge me for. The hotel does not have complimentary breakfast. They charge US$25.00 per person per day if you want breakfast. Even thought, you are not supposed to drink the faucet water, the hotel does not provide free bottle water. Local phone calls are not free either.

The rooms was very clean and comfortable. Tons of things to do at the hotel and situated in the heart of Santo Domingo, so close to everything: malls, malecon, banks. The staff was somehow nice. Bed was OK. Pillows were OK. They though of everything: bathroom was very comfortable. The hotel has a Piano Bar, restaurants and cake store to die for.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Close to the city

I ordered Room Servicr for breakfast for the "Dominican Breakfast". The wrong order was brought, it took 45 minutes for them to correct the order. The girl that brought the food was nice but there was no communication between the staff. The phones were down so I told the concierge, a cleaning person and a bell boy we were done and needed the plates removed. This was around 11:20am. When we came to the hotel, the plates were still in our room at 11:55pm.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

work out room
    • Superior Club Premium Room with Free WiFi

Ridiculous checkout policy of sending someone to inspect the in-room bar after you've gone to the desk to check out and are eager to leave. Causes unnecessary delays.

work out room Superior club amenities

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

The location, the casino, Bar and Disco

When I aksed for my free wifi password, I was told that it applies ONLY when I book thru the hotel's website. That was a big disappointment....! I was charged US $ 12.00 daily fee.

The location, the casino, Bar and Disco

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

The Hotel is well located in the center of the City.

There is a lack of professional service. The people on the front desk does not speak English or French. The internet service is not included in the price, which is bad. Taxes are very high.

The Hotel is well located in the center of the City. The Room is very comfortable. Cable TV is good. The Hotel has a restaurant & Piano Bar.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Good, but

This is not my first visit to Barcelo Lina, always I find impeccable facilities to my needs for business stay in Santo Domingo. This time it happens something strange with cleaning staff, when I was out due to my early meeting the cleaning lady has entered inside my room and just got all my toiletries. When I' ve returned for checkout I've find a surprise... even she has returned all my stuff, that was not so good behavior...

Ok, but with some staff issue

The cost is appropiate

Additional fee for internet service, but if you booked through barcelo.com it is included $12 USD per day

The location near to subway, National Theatre and Bellas Artes Palace.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

i was very please with the hotel services.

The food was ok but it needs more varities.

The room service was excellent and facilities were very clean. The hotel personnal was very attentive and gracious.

Exceptional

Excellent Stay

Overall I liked everything in the hotel.It’s clean , wifi is good, location is good,staff is good , and all the facilities are available.

Great and amazing Hotel to stayed. Everything was awesome. Highly recommended. A++++
    • Superior Club Premium Room with Free WiFi

Nothing to say, everything was accurate with the expectation.

The great service, the facilities and everything around it.

It was ok, however it could be better.

Location, pool - yard schedule

Some of the staff provided a good service

Friendly staff

Charged me for breakfast but I had to leave at 6am and they...

Charged me for breakfast but I had to leave at 6am and they couldn’t make an exemption or give me back the money.

Great experience

Clean, staff was great! Mr.Genaro Santos was very attentive & professional. I already recommended this hotel to friends & family.

Everything was excellent the service was A +

Internet

Internet

The location, parking, employee, restaurants and events.

the free wifi is very poor.

The location, parking, employee, restaurants and events.

All staff are smiling and helpful

All staff are smiling and helpful

It was nice stay. Friendly staff and good food.

the pillows

Pleasant
    • Superior Club Premium Room with Free WiFi

The noise from the traffic should be dealt with mproving noise reducing methods.

I really like the way the staff treats guests.

Will never go back again. Now remember why I have not gone back since then.
    • Superior Club Premium Room with Free WiFi

Jacuzzi Smelled so bad could hardly take a shower in it.

location and staff especially front desk was very ver professional and friendly

The air conditioning was warm and we called three times and...

The air conditioning was warm and we called three times and never got fixed or changed rooms

Very refreshing, just what we needed.

Having to leave!!

Perfect recover before long flight. Evening hors drives excellent😁

I had a wonderful time especially with the help of Eileen!

N/a

The staff was absolutely amazing and helpful!

The best ovearall hotel in the Capital

Attention from staff

Ok.
    • Superior Club Premium Room with Free WiFi

My expensive shoes were stolen, and General manager, told me they viewed camera, how can you view cameras inside the room!?!?!

I liked the facial I had at the spa

Wifi was didn’t work Food was not good

I liked the facial I had at the spa I liked the service I recieved from the pool guy

Pool and the space in te room

Pool and the space in te room

I like the premium area.

Didn’t like the food. That much but I didn’t went to the Japanese restaurant

I like the premium area. It’s excellenf. The treatments is just fabulous

Service. Hotel was over booked and we couldn't stay

Brea

Everything is over priced

Excellent seevice, location and room

norhing

Excellent service, specially Wilnelis at the exec floor

Beyond my expectations
    • Executive Superior Room with Free WiFi

Everything was so clean and beautiful