Reviews of Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort and Spa-All Inclusive 4 stars

Playas de Bavaro, Bavaro, 23000 Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

#49 of 97 hotels in Punta Cana

Went there for a honeymoon. It was okay, wouldn’t go back
    • Superior Room

There was a fire in one of the rooms near us but no fire alarm went off or no evacuation. Housekeeping, didn’t change my sheets after request, stayed there for 2 weeks and they still didn’t change it. Sometimes they didn’t bother cleaning our bathroom. So our rooms weren’t in the cleanest condition Staff were really mean & rude. Some were nice but majority were quite rude

Activities, nice pool& beach, the resort’s outside areas were very pretty and clean.

Needed changes.
    • Superior Room

The bed was horrible...like a piece of wood. The bathroom was old and had rusted parts and a cracked mirror. The air conditioning worked poorly!

Buffet was good. An amazing young man in The Italian restaurant seated me and my wife even though we had no reservations and the manager on duty refused us. He should be commended.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Greate place, grate people, tour sales makes imposible to enjoy beach
    • Superior Room

Los vendedores alrededor de las instalaciones y la zonande la playa / sales people arround the hotel and beach zones it makes imposible to enjoy and relax.

The cleaning, the activities, ilimited drinks, 7 restaurants all food you can eat all well prepared and cooked, pool is amazing.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Nice for lazy holidays
    • Superior Room

No wifi in room, location in middle of nowhere, water leaking from air condition on ceiling - despite reporting on reception, this wasn't fixed for 4 days. No pokestops.

Good food, plenty of alcohol in drinks, everything you could expect in such resort, for this price.

Power went out at night.
    • Superior Room

Power went out at night. Both bathrooms had a leak dripping from the ceiling. Closet doors falling off. Patio door kept getting stuck, very hard to open and close.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Overall decent value for the money. The hotel is beach front but there is a ton of seaweed
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

The smell of the resort wasn't the greatest. This had to do with the ocean mostly though.

The food was pretty good especially if you got it fresh off the grill or made to order.

The room was smelly no iron tv didn't work properly ...
    • Superior Room

The room was smelly no iron tv didn't work properly not even a pen or note pad shower only had 1 door over charge us at the check out had to get it corrected no one understands English properly

The setting of the resort was beautiful.
    • Superior Room

The breakfast could’ve been better. The snack should also have different kinds of food. It was always the same fries, burgers, and chicken. There’s a lot of room for improvement. The shower door in our room was close to coming out, there was also mold surround the corners of the shower. At times there would a funky smell in the halls.

The setting of the resort was beautiful. Seeing peacocks walk around unbothered was funny. The waitresses and waiters were all very nice and were willing to do anything to make your stay comfortable. Overall the staff were extremely nice.

Is great for families.
    • Superior Room

Property needs some renovations- Room floor was dirty when we got in ( sand) and no towels were available. Pool towels needs to be taken early in the morning, otherwise they wont be available in the afternoon.

Is great for families. -Kids club was great and nannies are really caring people. Staff is super nice. Buffet food is pretty good.

I did not like the lack of towels, and there was a leak in...
    • Superior Room

I did not like the lack of towels, and there was a leak in the bathroom. We called to have it fixed several times and just gave up. Other than that, things were great.

Entertainments, pools, the Beach, the staff and security.
    • Superior Room

Our bathroom was damaged leaks from the ceiling, no shower door and some bugs. Is not all inclusive, we had to pay for Coconut water, $3 each.

Entertainments, pools, the Beach, the staff and security. A lots of food

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Many pools, excellent food, nice happy staff, nice beach (...
    • Superior Room ( 2Adt + 2Chi )

Rooms older, clean towels always available after 4pm and have to chase the staff to get at least one. This was happening every day. I think that in 4 star hotel guest should be able to take shower also at noon. Non sound proof rooms

Many pools, excellent food, nice happy staff, nice beach ( though sea had a sea weed in the time we were there), really beautiful hotel premises, nice zoo in it as well

Decent place but not as advertised, definitely not 4 stars, wouldn't come again
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

There are no cameras at the property, our car got vandalised by a drunk guy and the hotel said they are not responsible and offered only excuses, the management is not very good and we do not recommend coming with a car. In any respectable European hotel they would have offered compensations. If you start complaining about basic stuff the staff starts to be very rude. Security staff is useless, some old men with scooters that just roam around aimlessly. Maid doesn't do a very good job, sometimes you get all the towels, sometimes you get less. WiFi is terrible, don't expect internet and it's only at the reception. They didn't change the bed sheets in 14 days. The room is very old, clean but needs a lot of work, plus the furniture is used up and broken. The maid doesn't put shower gel or body cream etc. Everyone expects a tip just to do basic tasks. Mould in some areas of the room. AC is very loud, you can't sleep with it on. Very rarely someone speaks english. The maids are very slow, expect the room to be done at around 3-4PM. A lot of "salespeople" roam the resort and nag you all the time trying to sell you stuff multiple times after you say no. They price themselves with such a diversity of activities, say for example mini golf: the gold field is very old and run down, it can obviously be seen that it hasn't been renovated in years. All in all we enjoyed our stay ( barely ), we are not hating but for the money we paid it was rather disappointing.

Amazing food, the "El Higuero" restaurant is amazing, props to the staff. Very nice wild live in the mangroves, it gives a nice feeling. Clean beach ( sometimes ) with warm water and beautiful palm trees. Hotel has nice reception staff that is very helpful ( if you can find someone that speaks english ) Very good beverages. Free drinks in the room refrigerator

Best Vacation Ever! The resort, beach, staff, food, entertainment...all was great!
    • Superior Room

Hotel is like a small village and you do not need to go outside of it at all. Everything was great! The staff and the entertainment team was extremely nice, friendly and fun! Great shows at the theater, party at the pool or reception, disco, beach bar open 24/7, awesome food and cocktails..... GREAT ATMOSPHERE!!! I will definitely go back!

Spend your money elsewhere
    • Superior Room

I'm currently staying at the Caribe Club resort and this is only my second day here. Since arrival our stay has been absolutely horrible! I have never had such a excessively bad vacation until now. My patience with this place has worn thin and I no longer want to even stay here. Let me start from the top. Upon our arrival we were told we had to wait until 3pm to check into our room which completely disregarded the early check in request that the hotel approved. We were taken to our room and was given a double bed room instead of the king sized bed I requested. Aside from that the room itself was disgusting and not at all presentable to any paying guest. There were cracks all over the walls, parts of the ceiling caving in, paint chipping, mold throughout the bathroom, and dirty cups. I was NOT going to spend my vacation in any room in this condition so I went to the front desk to voice my concerns. To my temporary satisfaction I was given a new room with a king bed that was in much better condition than the previous room. Finally I thought I could start to enjoy my vacation but more problems followed. The TV was broken (didn't turn on) and so was the remote. Also there were undesirable stains left on the couch in the room that would have been clearly visible to any room attendant but it was not cleaned. A technician was sent out to repair the TV and remote which is temporary I'm sure because the television buttons are all haywire. The power button doesn't work at all, the volume down button turns the power on, the channel up button turns the TV off which clearly shows the age of the TV's in the rooms. They need to be replaced but since the remote works now we're ok in that regard. Upon leaving the room to get a bite to eat, when we returned our key card did not let us into the room.

Food was ok

The pool was nice but shut down at 6pm.
    • Superior Room

We had no A.C and no hot water, after reporting this to the front desk we had hot water for one day. No communication what so ever!!! They don't tell you where to book dinner reservations. The staff was not friendly at all. No shuttle service at all. I was so disappointed in this location.

The pool was nice but shut down at 6pm. They also had a train to take you different locations of the resort.

The most very bad experience and this hotel
    • Superior Room

There is no Wi-Fi food is very bad one restaurant and the other five they say to you fully booked for every time you want to go staff Sterling my my kids rings you have to be careful from the beach security is not good you have to think to time before you go do something They stole classes of my wife and also for many customers came and reception the same time

Good but not great. Good value for money
    • Superior Room

I felt the food could have been much better. If you want to stay at a resort with much better food then majestic is a better choice although much more expensive.

The resort was very clean with a lot of wildlife on location. The staff was exceptional and the rooms were very clean. There were many activities as well.

Kind of a good deal.....
    • Superior Room

We were supposed to be in a non smoking room but the room smelled like cigarettes and there was a cigarette sitting in the toilet that someone smoked in the room. The sliding glass door lock was broken. The first day’s breakfast was fabulous. Not sure what happened on the second day it was awful. We made a reservation for dinner at the Dominican restaurant expecting authentic Dominican food but it was not and it wasn’t good. Food at the dinner buffet was better and we were sorry we wasted time. There are people roaming the beach for excursions that are not associated with the resort but no one tells you. We got taken for 120 and did not receive what was promised on the excursion. I think the resort should warn guests bc since it’s private resort you don’t expect this. Need better lighting in the rooms very dim and we were on the 3rd floor and the place has no elevator. No shuttle to airport even if you wanted to pay for it. Some of the servers at the buffet never returned to offer us a drink once we finished the first drink.

I liked that everything was included and the staff was very nice.

Ok for a night, not for longer.
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

The TV had no remote control and when we asked in the reception, they said, they will bring us one: it never came. The hotel had a better past. Our room had quite broken parts, which didn't bother us that much, since we were staying just one night. They try to sale a membership, just horrible!I

The food was ok. The kids loved the Crepes corner. The Staff is really nice.

I made the best of it! It wasnt that bad except for the room.
    • Superior Room

Room was run down, bathroom didnt have a shower door, room needs some work, is past due remodeling. Bed was uncomfortable. The room fridge was rusty, very old.

Outside looks good and enjoyable. Food was good. Staff was great!

The stay overall was great!
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

The Royal Holiday staffers selling their timeshare. Too pushy and at every meal at the buffet you have to pass through their gunlet of questions. Annoying!!!!

The staff was excellent. Food was great, and entertainment was excellent as well. Right on the beach with access to multiple pool areas.

There were peacocks on the resort and other animals, also...
    • Superior Room

There were peacocks on the resort and other animals, also very friendly staff! Andris was one of the waiters who was always attentive every time we ate! And the resort is right on the beach!

I had a wonderful time at this resort . Besides little tits n bits . Staff were very helpful
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

Communication was not easy because of language barrier and did not feel too safe leaving any belongings in room after noticing few items were going missing and at the end my sons camera and sunglasses were stolen

If you are NOT Dominican or grouped with them, you will enjoy your stay.
    • Superior Room ( 2Adt + 1Chi )

Three main problems. First my friends arrived and it was Labor Day in the Dominican Republic. So, the hotel was overcrowded with locals who came with tours groups for the day pass. Like going to the buffet, there was lines for all the stations, some were waiting for food like the pasta and pizza line. But the rest were waiting for plates and if you did get to the station after getting a plate, all the food was gone, so it was a lot of waiting for food.but at night they were gone and it was peaceful again. My friends were locals and paid for a one night stay, however from driving through security to check in we felt not welcome (even I who was already checked in 3 days prior). They were denied entry, because they said it’s too early, however other guest not locals were allowed in. After seeing this we got the Supervisor involved. He told us someone coming by plane has spent many hours on the plane and so, they want to get them inside to relax while they wait for their rooom. So, I countered and said they spent almost 4 hours in a car about the same time from JFK to to Punta Cana. He response was it’s different because they come eat breakfast, lunch dinner, sleep and have breakfast, check out and stay for lunch and dinner. And for that reason they don’t like them here. He was going to deny them entry and make me pay for the room regardless if we didn’t stop complaining and pay a early check in fee. We paid it, didn’t get the room until after 3 and it was 11 now the time they could come in without the fee, but not them. The disrespect continue the whole day. My friend works for a hotel and brought money to tip because he knows they appreciate and do a better job. Again if I sat with him nobody came over to ask if we needed a refill or if everything was ok. If I sat alone, I had all the attention I needed. The last problem was, the pool with the bar. The hotel turned a blind eye to the prostitute that was flashing men and children.

I stayed 7 days with my mother and on one of the days, we paid to have my friend, his wife and 2 kids come and enjoy. Overall it’s a great place for the price. If they have the Royal Suite available it’s like $150 more and unlocks so many upgrades like top shelf drinks. 3 massages per person per stay. The two restaurants that require cash, you can go 3 times per person per stay. Just going 3 times is $30-$35 depending which one you choose. The beach is great and while I was there didn’t have vendors trying to sell me things, not like I had at a different hotel further down the beach. This beach was cleaner than other parts I saw while walking. My mom said she is thinking about coming again, but we still have until May 4th here and will see what happens between now and then. She is also thinking of sending my sister and niece here for a week, but seeing the prostitute here doesn’t help.

Fun times
    • Superior Room

Air conditioner did not work properly in two different rooms. Rooms are not great, they only rate as good. Some speciality restaurants are not included in AI.

Great staff, food was good. Located on the beach with outstanding access.

It was a pleasant stay.
    • Superior Room

The room didnt my expectation. There was a leak in the bathroom wall and the deadbot lock on the inside didnt work even after someone came to fix it. The electricity went out for a few mins a couple times.

I like the colors around the resort. The staff were all super friendly.

Sadly overll more disappointing than satisfying, especially for the price. Would not return.
    • Superior Room

The rooms really need to be renovated. Lots of rust, stains, smells. Not worth the price paid. Better rooms are in the VIP zone, but really not even worth the extra cost.

The staff was Greta,as they usually are. Some of the food was also fine, and the buildings (as well as the pools) look beautiful from outside. I am usually not one bit picky, but it was really hard to find anything else positive.

The staff were very friendly,lovely food good entertainment.
    • Superior Room

Our Ac started leaking but they fixed it within 15/20 mins.

The staff were very friendly,lovely food good entertainment.Would recommend to go there.

I really like this hotel, very clean and food are great. Can't wait to go back.
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

The liquor are very poor,really bad quality.

The restaurants,the beach,room,lobby,pools and all the area.the staff is very friendly, maria from restaurats I saw her everywhere with a smile ,Wilkin from the towers kiosks very helpful all the time, entertainment team very good.They need to speak more english during the the activities but the have a good activities.

It was our second Vacation in Caribe club, All was perfect.
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

Rooms required a little renovation. Missing hotel shuttle to Punta Cana Centre and to the airport. Wifi available only in reception.

It was our second Vacation in Caribe club, All was perfect. Staff was very nice and helpful. Food, drinks, mamma juana very good :) Especially thanks for Julissa, our favorite receptionist :)

Wouldn’t stay here again. It smelled like sweared in the common areas the rooms were old.
    • Superior Room

The rooms are in desperate need of remodeling. The beds are old and uncomfortable and the pillows are so flat they blend with the bed. Both showers were covered in mold that could easily be cleaned with a little bleach. We booked a “superior room” and were put in a room that was not as good. We found out because one of the hotel staff brought it up to our attention saying we had the bracelets for the better rooms but were not staying in one. When we confronted the front desk we were told the room we were in was better then what we had booked. If you want mold and dirty room this is your hotel.

The food was better then other AI hotels

if i return someday in punta cana,will be in this hotel.enjoy ;)
    • Honeymoon Suite

wifi sometimes was weak beacause of the too many people.the room needs a little renovation.

the hotel was fantastic.we stay at the honeymoon suite and the staff was perfect as they informed us about everything.the beach and the garden was amazing.all the facilities are very good and the food was very good as the have many choices all over the day.we have a problem with ur key card but the fixed in just 4 minutes.the distance from the main lobby is 5-7 minute walk but dont worry beacuse there is a free transportation all day.there is free wifi at the lobby.

It was nice but just felt with VIP upgrade, more options should be available.
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

There were a few things that I was not happy with. VIP upgrade is only for room service only, there are no other real perks, even room service was limited. The club onsite only offer free drinks from 11-12. The lobby staff need to have better communication, some know more than others and something give false information.

Locations was great, most of the staff was also great. Housekeeping was great and very sweet. The restaurants were clean, food was good. The buffet had many daily options and the staff was very attentive.

Staff was wonderful, very nice people of Punta Cana.
    • Superior Room

Food was typical buffet style nothing reallly wow me. Rooms were not very clean. Sheets weren’t even long enough to cover the bottom of the bed. Shower head kept falling off, tv really never worked. I don’t think they ever painted or washed the walls or furniture. Mold in the doorway. The beach was not cleaned daily (was not cleaned during my stay anyway). My beach in NH is cleaned (raked) every am during the summer months.

Food was typical buffet style nothing reallly wowed me.

Awesome vacation loving every minute of my stay!!!
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

No free shuttle to and from the airport

Awesome staff very accomodating,great food,loving the location of my room Corarrillo 2206 best spot great view I will definitely comeback and would certainly highly recommend to friends and family.I hope to get a discount to booked back on this property

OK for a short stay if you have low expectations
    • Superior Room ( 2Adt + 1Chi )

Buffet food quality as well as quantity was way below our expectation. As we stayed 6 weeks in Dominican Republic we had a good comparison and this was one had a bare minimum offering for the price. Staff was hardly motivated and not as friendly as we were used in other places. Only limited shuttle transport options to other places like the shopping mall etc. You have to take an expensive taxi (fixed, way over the regular fare price of course). Instead they have small shops on the compound with crazy prices: 9 USD for a baby sanitary item that is 2 USD in the mall, etc, complete rip-off.

24x7 restaurant at the beach serving early/late snacks and coffee for the jet lagged. Beach was nice, sufficient space and service offerings (snorkelling, diving, water sports, ..). Check in / out was nice and comfortable, transport between the reception and the rooms provided (quite a walk). Birds walk the area freely

The staff is great and friendly.
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

1) There is no shuttle bus from the airport and 2) there are no so many chairs around the pool and in front of the beach so you have to be an early bird.

The staff is great and friendly. The Hotel is clean and it looks like in the pictures. The food and drinks were ok, not too elaborated but good for the price.

adequate facilities for the very low price
    • Superior Room

linens and towels not near resort standards, shower outdated, inadequate supply of hot water in evening, maid service hot or miss.

beautiful beach, friendly staff, good restaurant options onsite.

Good facilities, good food and excelent attention and very good service
    • Superior Room

Check in process is a little cumbersome as you need to identify yourself at the entrance with a security person that does not manage a reservation list

Wi fi only in central areas, quality OK The property is an excellent value very good ratio price/services Good service provided, even though some times service can overwhelm you in search of a tip, but not to the point to annoying The hotel overall facilities is good for a reasonable priced vacation facility, it was excellent for us given the business nature of our stay

I had a short stay but the resort was amazing!
    • Superior Room

No wifi in the rooms, only in the reception lobby. The water pressure in the bathroom very low and there was no hot water in the morning.

Excellent room with an amazing view over the internal lake. Great facilities and food. Very friendly and welcoming staff. Perfect location with access to the beach.

Overall had a great time and the cost it was well worth it. The food selections are great.
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

Air conditioning could have been better in rooms and shower water pressure was lacking. They could use some more beach chairs each day was a challenge to find 2 open chairs .

Great beach and food offerings

Great place to relax!
    • Superior Room

Very bad wi-fi. Too much tourists from Russia, so they reserved all deck chairs on the beach till 7a.m. =(

Cleaning was good, friendly staff, tasty food. Recommend to visit all restaurants at the territory. Mexican and Brazilian were the best. Only fresh juices! And good wine. Extremely great beach!

Good beach resort with everything you might need
    • Superior Room

No wifi in the area (except reception) unless you pay extra and leave a deposit. Another minor issue was that there was something wrong with what I guess was pipes in our bathroom, we could hear constant sounds of someone flushing the toilet or using the sink, which was frustrating and lead to sleep deprivation. As I said- minor thing but so annoying!

Loved the resort- loads of activities for everyone, animation team was excellent. All members of staff were friendly and helpful with all the issues/questions we had. Guys In the reception helped us to rent a car witch was highly appreciated! Quite big beach area and also 3 swimming pools so definitely enough space to chill in the sun for everyone. We had all inclusive and it was definitely worth the money, food was good quality and cocktails were just lovely!

The time I got to spend with my wife
    • Superior Room

The room was not the one I requested at the booking, the shower nearly had water, the air conditioning was ok, and the hotel in general was not what i expected for my money.

The time I got to spend with my wife

Nice place, food, staff and beach!
    • Superior Room

They made me to wait 30 minutes for my check in after 3pm and even gave me a wrong room, I didn't complaint about it but the right one was more expensive!

Food, beach and activities!

The food was bad, I order a burger with cheese and it came...
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

The food was bad, I order a burger with cheese and it came cold without the meat that was described in the menu, the team didn't help me with my luggages, there is no hot water even in the suite.

Very nice hotel
    • Superior Room

Food at the buffet is good but not the best. Need some improvements.

Grounds, scenery and beach are very nice. This hotel is like a little village. The Superior rooms are exactly as announced, very spacious and comfortable. Restaurants a la carte is a good option if you want to avoid the buffet. They have 2 pools very close to the beach and a 24hs bar, nice to be able to have a drink by the beach at night. Lots of attractions during the day by the pool or the beach. Staff is always very friendly and helpfull.

Grounds were nice, liked the teen club, restaurants were...
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

Hours of the teen club were inconvenient, we would have used it a lot between 6 and 9. The shows were duplicated from many other resorts that I have stayed at. Lunch options other than main buffet were not great with limited choices

Grounds were nice, liked the teen club, restaurants were good.

I wish I had stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro

Poor Internet connection

The room was uncomfortable and not as advertised and there was no Internet. When traveling; Internet is an important part of the accommodations and the reason for choosing this hotel. I was disappokted

Save your money this place is a dump
    • Superior Room

The food at the buffet was unpleasant so was the sugary and unnatural juices. The a la carte restaurants were not included in this"all inclusive ". No mention of this fact. The rooms were mediocre. The curtains in the room were full of mold, the bathrooms were untidy, the inside of the room looked abandoned, etc. I was completely upset at my experience. I will never ever visit this dump or recommend it to anyone. I have included pictures as proof.

The resort scenery.

Great value for your money. Grounds are gorgeous.
    • Superior Room ( 2Adt + 2Chi )

There was a lot of sea weed along the beach snd in the water

Front desk staff were friendly and professional. Food was excellent! Ecological walk filled with free range birds and lizards. Very fun for the kids.

It can improve
    • Superior Room

It was very hot, air conditioning in the rooms didn't cool that much. Food was cold all the time at the buffet. Cava restaurant was great thou and the waitress there Gladys was the best. The employees were helpful and kind. Property needs a little bit of update and the trolley from reception to rooms needs to get faster it takes too long to arrive.

I liked the staff very friendly

WORST ALL-INCLUSIVE IN PUNTA CANA...by far the worst I've stayed at out of about a dozen in years!
    • Superior Room

The rooms were unacceptable. Not only were they in dire need of modernisation, there were leaks coming from the air conditioner and a constant puddle on the floor. Cushions and sheets were stained in addition to a leak and stench in the hallway throughout the entire stay. The staff's service in general was mediocre at best.

The entertainment was great. The resort was vey family friendly.

Great Value and a Lovely stay
    • Superior Room

The WiFi is only at the lobby which is a shuttle ride away. However these run every 10 minutes or so.

It was very good value and the staff were all lovely.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

I waited over an 1hr for my room to be ready.
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

Not all of the staff spoke English and wouldn't help. They were a little to aggressive when it came to the promotional activities they offered.

The property was well taken care of daily.

Birthday/Vacation
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

What I did not like was feeling harassed by the Royal Holiday staff every single day. Especially when entering the dinning hall. I feel it is good to inform the guests of the offer however, no one wants to feel bullied into doing it. If one has interest in these offers they would make contact with a representative and proceed further.

What I liked about the property was the access to activities. There was always something to do without leaving the resort. The staff were very attentive and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Good value for money among all-inclusive resorts, detached from the Internet...
    • Superior Room

No WIFI access besides the main lobby - the connection quality was poor and not operating for a more than a day during our stay. The rooms need some refreshment - it looks like they have been heavily used. Food quality was not bad but rather mediocre - don't expect too much. Aaa, we were assigned a room which was occupied! What was our surprise when we've entered a room with a half-naked man inside - in the end the situation turned our to be funny, but could be much more awkward if the tenant did not have as much sense of humour as in our case. Anyway, this case shows that there are perhaps some problems with the hotel's organization.

Large selection of food in the main restaurant, though its quality was mediocre. Wide selection of activities, nice pools and beach. Besides the downsides listed below we enjoyed our stay a lot!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Perfect getaway for a week
    • Superior Room

Rooms had been a little old, and had one leak in the ceiling were water was dropping... beach was a little crowded and if you got up after 9 there was no more available chairs in the shade.

Staff was awesome and very helpful. Rooms were spacious and clean. beach was nice. Food was awesome, especially the a la carte restaurants.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Good Value
    • Superior Room

Buffet staff not very friendly. Trolley always full. The pool was not cleaned early enough in the morning. No free wi-fi in room. Drinks really sweet-- especially bar by the front desk--- if you want a good drink try their 24-hour bar on the beach!!!

The front desk staff was great explained everything about resort (restaurant hours, show times, etc). Property is beautiful with the animals and nature!!!!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Great place for vacation
    • Superior Room

What I didn't like is that in main restaurant I couldn't get a tea or coffee by myself and had to wait for waiter, but that took some time and I usually finished my breakfast before I got my tea.

I loved this hotel, our room was great with beautiful sea view, beach was the best in Bavaro and animation team was the best! Especially Rosa, "Chicken leg"and "Mosquito Michael Jackson" and also all the a la carte restaurants were great and food all together was great

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Great Place, Great Value!!
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

The room felt humid, but it could of been all the rain that they had experienced.

Staff was very nice and willing to do all for our stay to be as pleasant as possible.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

The staff are awesome there
    • Caribe Suite All inclusive

Stagnant water and lobbies and fountains, TV in the room did not work, food was mediocre and not enough choices for Americans

Staff were great, but the food was mediocre, and the electronics in the room were terrible, no power outlets by the bed, tv didn't not work for the entire vacation 6days even after a visit from a tech. And the lobby needs fans to move air, also stagnant water in fountains throughout resort with brings bugs and disease. Overall I loved it though.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

recommended!
    • Superior Room

Too crowded at the reception

We really loved the resort that is located ON the beach by foot, the pool was very good. the food was great . Room was big and clean. Variety of restaurants, just remember to reserve a day before. Transport inside the resort was good, every 5-10 minutes there is a shuttle but you can also walk the distance.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Great value at a value price !
    • Superior Room

Room could use some maintenance up keeping including the bathroom.

For the price it was great, it was affordable and comfortable enough for what I paid.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Best location
    • Superior Room

My main problem was the the front desk at the lobby. They need a lot improvement. After a long day, i checked in which was ok n fast too cuz it was around 6:45pm. I went to my room but it already had someone in it. I had to go back again... my other problem i had its the fact dat my room had no alarm clock in it. I dropped my fone in the pool, it was very hard to keep up w da time, even at the lobby, the clock didnt even work. My shower was missin a door and the hot water cant even get warm. Checkout is at noon, they was only 2 ppl was checking out n in. Line was crazy. but i d def stay there again. They need to work on the front desk. P.S. wifi is horrible n only work in the lobby which 100s of ppl on it n dnt forget to bring a mosquito spray since everywhere is water

Was beautiful, the location, pool, animation, beach, food and so on. Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Nice location on the beach.
    • Superior Room

Rooms were dated- definitely more of a three star than four star hotel. Wifi was only available in the lobby/reception area, a 10 minute walk or shuttle ride away. Often it was barely working at all- way too slow. For being listed as a four star resort, we were shocked that there was no wifi in the rooms.

Nice location on the beach. Peaceful setting among nature. Good options in the buffet.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

lot of potential needs renovations
    • Superior Room

old deteriorated facilities uncomfortable mattress and towels and bedsheets decolorated

The staff is friendly and willing to help

a wonderful get away
    • Superior Room

bathrooms needed to be updated

the staff was always willing to help.

We expected a better experience from a booking.com hotel.
    • Superior Room

Food was subpar, customer service was non-existent, the beach and hotel was riddled with salespeople.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The foods is not all that but you will be full for the day.
    • Superior Room

The foods is not all that but you will be full for the day.

Female staff not friendly.
    • Superior Room

Female staff not friendly. Male staff way too flirty

Amazing

Amazing

good
    • Royal Suite

The air conditioning problems no wifi in the rooms only the lobby

The customer service was good overall, open bars and food was excellent!

Worst resort I ever stayed at