Reviews of Catalonia La Romana - All Inclusive 4 stars

Carretera Bayahibe, 21000 Bayahibe, Dominican Republic

#5 of 18 hotels in Bayahibe

Needs improvement
    • Double Room with Garden View

My first day there the AC was leaking so there was a big pile of water on the floor when we first walked into the room. I had to call reception various times for them to come fix it. After 3 hours of waiting I asked reception for a change in room, she said let me check if theres availability and i will call you back. Then hung up on me and never called back. Eventually they fixed the leak, but this is not something i should be dealing with on vacation. Also the pool needs to be repainted. Lots of peeled paint on the floor, not attractive. And the rooms are not very clean. Also the lights and voltage is very low.

The staff is amazing! (Except for reception). They are very friendly and engaging. The drinks were delicious, and they had lots of drink and food options. The beach was absolutely amazing. So clean, no weird things on the ocean floor, and the water is crystal clear. Definitely one of the best beaches I've been to. There is also lots of beach chairs.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Amazing staff and facility. Excellent beach
    • Double Room with Garden View

I had a wonderful experience. I wish there was more free dancing times.

This resort exceeded my expectations from the good food to the facilities. The staff was wonderful and very attentive. I can’t wait to come back and visit this amazing place.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Amazing Vacation:) First time ....
    • Double Room with Garden View

The room could had some minor upgrade

I like everything the location the buffet was great specially breakfast and dinner lunch was okay but I am assuming is because all the cookout the do at the beach during lunch

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

great beach, noisy hotel
    • Double Room with Garden View

I wasn't aware of the fact that the resort was shared by Eden Village which an Italian holiday and entertainment group. The entertainers were very loud and would be everywhere at all times on the beach, by the bar in the restaurant and this was not peaceful at all. It made the hotel very chaotic and busy which was not great at all.

The beach and the food

Super stuff all very nice and helpful.
    • Double Room with Garden View

For a young couple non that much in the eavning to do. But it was not that terribile!

Super stuff all very nice and helpful. Sea amazing! I raccomande the privileged. The food was very nice and lots of cocktails you could enjoying on the beach. The J.R. Suite was amazing big and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Perfect
    • Double Room with Garden View

Wine was awful, even in ala carte restaurants they had only one sort of red and one sort of white wine, and both were not drinkable.

Everything- the food, staff, gardens, beach, entertainment... Value for money is really good. You also get 3 ala carte dinners. We actually wanted to come back few days later but the hotel was fully booked.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

We really enjoyed our stay here at Catalonia Gran Dominicus.
    • Double Room with Garden View

We really enjoyed our stay here at Catalonia Gran Dominicus. It is a smaller resort than I anticipated, however this aspect really grew on me as it was more relaxed. The beach and water were amazing with lots of little cabanas to sit under. The beach bar/snack bar was good and we enjoyed the mid afternoon crepes. All of the staff that I encountered were fantastic. Our room was basic, but comfortable and very clean with a short walk to the main area. The animation staff from the hotel as well as Jet and Eden Viaggi staff were super fun and worked hard to organize activities to partake in throughout the day. Lastly, we enjoyed the food with a variety of options each meal. I would recommend.

We were celebrating my parents birthday, they both were born...
    • Triple Room with Garden View (3 Adults)

The coffee on the main buffe was cold most of the time.

We were celebrating my parents birthday, they both were born on July, and we got a room upgrade for free!!! They also gave us a champagne. The food was great, and there is a Juice bar!! It was a really nice experence.

I thought that I hay to pay a certain amount of money for my vacation and end up that it was more
    • Double Room with Garden View

At the front desk no control of the people wanting for check in. The employee's taken care of people out of the line, people without waiting on line taken care fist than the people waiting. One hour they took to help me.

Bartender and waiter very friendly.

Bad experience
    • Double Room with Garden View

the check in was horrible. we arrived from the airport to the resort by 230, which yes I understand was early and room were not ready. but by 430 my room was still not ready and the receptionist was being rude when i asked her about changing rooms and what other rooms were available. when we finally got the room and we got there, the cleaning staff was STILL in the room and we had to wait outside the room for another 20minutes. When we finally got in the room it was basically 5pm, floor was still wet and we got a room with only one wall plug. The rest of the staff at restaurant and beach were okay, but that reception staff needs training. there were people wanting to talk to management, people yelling and angry. just not the first thing you want to see during a supposedly relaxing environment.

their buffet restaurant was okay. not the best by far as there were hardly enough tables.

Nice resort!
    • Privileged Superior

Check in was a bit disorganized The first night my husband was bitten terribly by what we assume were mosquitoes. The room had a bit of a musty smell and could have been a little cleaner the salesman were a bit annoying trying to get us to come up to the Exclusive travel club but one did teach us a little Spanish so that was a win for us.

The resort was absolutely beautiful. The grounds were well kept and very clean. Staff was friendly and attentive. The Terrace restaurant for Privileged guests had the BEST Pina colada I have ever had in my life!! The beach was beautiful and there were plenty of chairs etc for guests English is NOT the first or even second language spoken here but we got by without much issue

bad because of the food.... my kids did enjoy it ...so thats a plus.....
    • Privileged Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

the food was terrible you can tell its low season and they have a small budget for food expenses..the desert was the same no variety...the fish they served was marlin which is the worst fish to serve since its a chewy fish not suitable for hotel environment......overall the food experience really shocked me for the amount of money i paid.....will never go back just for this reason....

room cleanliness

We are really really really happy to be home....
    • Privileged Honeymoon

A LOT! Firstly, I got really sick on the 2nd day - an amoeba or parasite as the doctor said. I was in bed recovering for two days so half the holiday was wasted and after that, I was really too scared to eat or drink anything. Secondly, the reception staff were pretty rude and you had to call a number of times to repeat the requests of things you needed. Thirdly, they promote the privilege upgrade to everyone.... which means the privilege exclusive beach area is always full - you literally have to get to the beach between 6am and 7am to get an umbrella spot. Next, DON'T get the Honeymoon suite - it is a pretty suite BUT it is right next door to the entertainment area of the Adults only resort and it is LOUD! Food was meh at best. Oh, and DON'T go on the welcome tour.... just google the Exclusive Travelers club

The beach was beautiful! And some of the staff were really great - in particular Ramon the bartender at the Terrace Bar. Good entertainment on some nights

The hotel is good for family and couples.
    • Privileged Superior

The hotel is good for family and couples. The beach is amazing , very clean even better then on Catalina and Saona beaches. Buffet is great. If you will book the hotel choose the privilege or exclusive option there is more opportunity in hotel.

The best in Domenican, great resort and a place to call home!
    • Double Room with Garden View

all was great! it looks like in the picture, there is nothing to complain about :)

We stayed here for 5 nights and decided to extend our stay with 2 more (we had another hotel booked but cancelled because we liked this property too much). They upgraded us for free to their Royal adults only part of the resort. Thanks a lot! The complex is amazing, has a lot of nature, beach is great and very clean, there is a big variety of restaurants (no matter whether you are the lowest level of guest or the highest since we saw both after being upgraded). Everything is super nice, very well-maintained and clean. Even just walking in the garden around the palm trees is really nice. All staff was very, very pleasant, welcoming and caring. We were treated greatly during our one week stay. The royal part of the hotel is amazing, rooms are completely new, huge and the design is great. Also the fact that each room has small private part of the swimming pool is great. However, any other parts of the complex are not worse, just they were not built couple of month ago (but still very well-maintained and clean). If we are again in Dominican we will definitely stay there again. I absolutely recommend this property

Great experience only as Privileged room guest
    • Privileged Superior

To Booking.com, please ask the hotel owners/managers to correct the following information on your website: -the actual name of this hotel is Catalonia "Gran Dominicus" and not "All inclusive". It caused quite some difficulties in finding transfer to/from it which is important because the hotel does not provide this service either free, or paid. - it is not specified that the type of room you book (Regular "garden view" / Privileged) is also reflected in the access to different services/facilities in the resort. Obnoxious hostesses of restricted access restaurants. In general, service in the restaurants really need improvements.

Great estate and amenities. Although this hotel is family friendly, we felt great as honeymooners. The "Privilege" package (it's actually a package, not only different room category) has lot of benefits including better room, dedicated concierge, beach area and beach restaurant. Staff in the beach bar are entertaining and always with a good spirit.

Rate Catalonia La Romana - All Inclusive - Yes, please!
    • Double Room with Garden View

Decent hotel with proper wifi, exceptionally comfortable bed and amazing breakfast. Super cozy, clean and quiet. And if you are looking for some action and party party entertainment team will keep you busy through the whole day! Definitely the best choice in Bayahibe.

Amazing stay at the best resort in the area
    • Double Room with Garden View

We liked and enjoyed everything, some improvement can be done to have bigger variety of sea food and in the entertainment staff activities but these are super minor things

We were supposed to stay in a standard room but they gave us privileged room for free because they had available. The room and its bathroom were great and very comfortable, clean and well-maintained. The resort is simply amazing - it is super green with a lot of palms and so on, its beach is great and has a big variety of restaurants. Even just walking on its lanes is such a pleasure. The staff is just phenomenal, we did not see anyone being impolite or unwelcoming. Somehow they all seemed to like what they do, great job from the management. I`ve read some comments that privileged and royal guests are treated differently than standard guests and this is absolutely not true. We extended our stay to the royal part of the hotel and we were treated equally well no matter the level and the staff was super cool no matter what. This is the best resort i`ve stayed in and since we walked quite a lot around, it was the best in the area. This place is a must visit and must return!

Not as expected, avoid if you can
    • Double Room with Garden View

Everything was just a bit disorganized. The bathroom of the room we stayed at needed a full refurbishment and it was just unacceptable. The food was honestly not even average. It was just bad. There is no meaning in dining in these restaurants. Just go outside in the small village of Bayahibe where there are some small restaurants with great food. The receptionists not very interested. I would not recommend this resort unfortunately. Just very average. I think it is also a bit overpriced as with the same money you could stay in Catalonia Punta Cana which was just amazing!

The fact that we could stay at the resort on the day of our departure up until late and they also provided us with a courtesy room to have a shower before our departure. The beach there is very nice but it is always windy in the Caribbean so nobody was actually swimming. The swimming pool was ok

Pillow menu was awesome.
    • Privileged Superior

Pillow menu was awesome. We had 4 goose down!! Extra credit for Graysha in the Taino buffet who went out of her way to get us a good bottle of wine. Johnny was very helpful at the front counter.

Run anway from This place !!!
    • Triple Room with Garden View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Please do not Choose This resort for your holliday Its horrible . Standard room Its simple disqusting .... the Good Its horrible , the staff Its without any experiance... Its a lot for say but i need to spend Here 2days And write all bad things i was saw there... i spend there only 3 nights And after First night i was dream for son Its possible go out from there .

Very nice, enjoyable and relaxing
    • Double Room with Garden View

The rooms were small and leaking, nothing like what was advertised. The rooms in the advertisement are the exclusives, or privileged. I didn't have the option to upgrade

The resort was beautiful, the staff was wonderful, very friendly, and helpful especially Cristelle at front desk.

Location, food
    • Double Room with Garden View

Room and price... We stayed 3 nights in Catalonia Punta Cana before and that hotel is a lot more nicer with modern bedroom and bathroom. Plus it was 150 dollar less during the same period.

Location, food

5.5
    Disappointed
    • Double Room with Garden View

Italian restaurant was terrible. Reception staff were not helpful, and we were kept outside the property gate for 45 minutes until they found our booking.com reservation. Exclusive VIP section and restaurants made the resort feel cheesy.

Buffet was good and the beach was great.

Great place to stay!
    • Double Room with Garden View

From all the restaurants there was one, La Yuca, in which the hostess was extremely rude and abnoxius.

Great staff, good food, great beach, clean comfortable!

Will Be Back. Hidden Gem.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Meals at main buffet is limited but very well prepared and great. Choose Privileged level for more vainly.

Loved the classic architecture and ground/ landdcaping of resort. I have been going to Dominican Republic each year 16 years & have traveled all over the Island. I have witnessed the over development of many resorts and appreciate that this resort has not followed suit, leaving expansive gardens in place. We were upgraded to Priveleged level and would only stay at this resort with Privileged level status because standard rooms need remodeling but mostly because access to private beach front restaurant and beach. Food is great and well prepared.

beach and see are both very good, but to enjoy best places...
    • Double Room with Garden View

1. Everything is only for privileged and exclusive. If you have a standard room - the hotel will make everything to show you that you are a subhuman. 2. Guest relations is poor. My friend had a birthday on January 3, and we have chosen this hotel for this special event and we expected some surprise from the hotel (as they have checked our passports when we arrived), as not every guest has a birthday when staying at the hotel and it is a sign of trust and loyalty to the hotel. However, nothing has happened at the birthday - no bottle of wine, no postcard with best wishes, simply nothing - the hotel did not care at all!!! Then I came to the guest relations to ask whether we shall expect something. And the answer was - no. What a surprise!!!! They said - come tomorrow, may be we will do something. But the birthay was today. Next day they offered to pay extra 200 USD for dinner on the beach (which we already had earlier) or go away to some restaurant outside the hotel. That was unexpected. I promised to write a nice review for booking and the man said he does not care. But in 10 minutes a bottle of champaigne and fruits arrived to our room - but it was too late as birthday was yesterday and was spoiled by the poor guest relations of the hotel. I could not expect such a situation in a reputable hotel and will not recommend this hotel for anyone, except those who like to be treated like subhuman and fully ignored despite the fact that they paid a lot of money and have showed the loality to the hotel by choosing it for a birthday.

beach and see are both very good, but to enjoy best places on the beach take privileged room. Food was good as well - but if you are not privileged you will not be able to enjou terrasse restaurant on the beach, which is one of the best. Bartenders ans waiters are good.

Pretty beach doesn't make up for other limitations.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Although the beach is beautiful, the morass of chairs and people vying for them detracts from a relaxing beach experience. All three days, the hotel didn't have any beach towels available the first time we asked. The large buffet is very disappointing and the only wine available there was horrific. The a-la-carte restaurant was better, but still not great. The rooms have charming Spanish-style tile, but have not been recently renovated. Also, "pushers" are continuously trying to get you to do something. Overall, other resorts are much better value for the money.

Beach is beautiful and the drinks are good. The pizzeria (lunch) and crepes are also a plus, especially since the large buffet is such a disappointment.

We got an upgrade so we had a room near the facilities.
    • Double Room with Garden View

The food is not good. Not even in the privilege terrace restaurant. The food is no big deal in neither of the restaurants. The pool is crowded and small.

We got an upgrade so we had a room near the facilities. The rooms are wide and comfortable and so is the bathroom. There is a small shack where they serve very good pancakes, savory and sweet. The staff is kind and helpful.

Amazing, relaxing :)
    • Double Room with Garden View

I think they were having a problem with the sewer in general...

Good food (buffet and restaurants, especially Yuca), excellent cocktails, super nice staff (Carlos from the gym, very friendly), confortable bed, amazing view, nice beach area, cool activities, etc

I was there for a quick business trip and did not get to...
    • Privileged Superior

I was there for a quick business trip and did not get to take advantage of the facilities. It is a place I would feel comfortable bringing my family.

Beach and location were excellent.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Smoking guests are everywhere, in all areas.

Beach and location were excellent. Food is pretty good, good choice of fish and meat. Staff was very friendly but service is slow:) Standard garden rooms are need to be updated, I advice to get privileged category - rooms are newer and more benefits to use all over the hotel.

3 Stars, don't upgrade, do the buffets, go to the beach, rent a car to do excursions
    • Privileged Triple Room (2 adults + 1 child)

The property itself needs some maintenance (exposed wires in the pool where lights had disconnected, exposed electrical cords running across the pool area for "special events", bathrooms in the common areas frequently were not functioning, etc). We were in a "Preferred" room which was another $90 / night and our TV, phone, safe and hairdryer did not work for 5 of our 7 nights (makes room service which you're paying for hard to use). The 'special' events are not worth the time or money. It is not the staffs fault, the resort is just not geared to provide this type of 4 or 5 star service - it is much more pedestrian. We also had a terrible time with Bookings.com and communication with the resort. It took over 2.5 hours to check in and in the end we had to cancel one reservation and make another. I see this as a serious failure of Booking.com who were unable to help us, we could not connect with a person while at the front desk to get support, etc. Real failure and honestly we should be compensated for the loss of 2.5-3 hours and the horrible start to our journey.

The location and beach were very nice. The access to the beach and the general facilities around the beach (Crepery , pool bar & coffee, & sandwich shop on the beach) were very helpful. The Buffets were generally a B-B+ and could be easily accessed. The staff were great and did what they could to make up for the deficiencies (below): Neuris at the pool bar, Patricia & Veronica at the coffee station at the pool bar, Suny & Jordan at the Crepe place on the beach, Enrique and the team at the beach front restaurant and bar . . .

Worth every dollar and minute.
    • Triple Room with Garden View (3 Adults)

It took a bit of time for maintenance to come and fix the towel rack that was broken in our bathroom when we arrived. Four days after numerous calls.

I would go back. We had a lovely stay. It was a very relaxing, friendly environment.

The resort isn't that bad but I will never go back as this is not going to make you holiday special
    • Double Room with Garden View

If you like a big resort where you have to travel with a small train to other parts of the resort, buffet food and staying in a resort that this is the place but there are far better places in the dominican republic than this one. Oh and they charge additional for stuff like wifi etc. (we had to take the train to the main lobby for wifi...) I will not go back here

Spacious rooms

Will never go back
    • Double Room with Garden View

Front desk staff very rude, bedrooms had mold on walls, ceiling leaking water, roaches around food. . ....

Good Food, friendly waitresses, nice entertainment

My stay was wonderful enjoyed it.
    • Double Room with Garden View

I was upgraded to Catalonia Royal Adults only i hit the jackpot for free. Only downfall none of the rooms at this property bhave bathtubs.

Bed was very comfortable room was clean and roomy.

Beautiful, clean, romantic resort with friendly staff, good food & drinks.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Very beautiful, romantic spot with very helpful and friendly staff. Grounds kept spotless. Food and drink choices great! We were uppgraded to adults only section for free, but still had access to entire resort!

• Triple Room with Garden View (3 Adults)

The first communication and information given about paying the bill, could have been much more serious.

Extremely friendly staff, we did have a problem checking in, but nobody's fault just a misunderstanding, I husband had booked this with booking.com and gave his credit card information, we then called the hotel a few days prior to arriving, and explained this to them, and that we would not have that credit card with us, but wanted the payment to stay on his card, they said that would be no problem, when we arrived the hotel receptionist said they needed the original card to check us in, we explained that we did not have this card with us, as my husband was not with us, and I did not have enough credit on my card to pay, finally after a few hours (It was a Sunday) my husband had to transfer funds from his card to my card, this was also a problem, because he had his card with him and I had my card with me, finally I text a copy of my card to him, and he called the Bank through his credit card and transferred some money to my card, this took a few hours, and caused my young daughter to be crying thinking she was not going to stay in the hotel, apart from this situation, the hotel and their staff were incredible, Dileydy Paniagua

The domenican staff is perfect.
    • Privileged Superior

The restaurants are very very slow. One hour to have a dish.

The domenican staff is perfect. Latin music every day. Dance with the domenican staff was amazing

Good but not excellent.
    • Double Room with Garden View

We inform that we were going with children and in the moment of the check-in, they didn't know anything about it, did not prepare our room for the children's either, after denying to know this information I have to prove that I inform before and then they decided to help us. Sometimes Frontdesk persons should find solutions instead of close their options. After this particular event that we have in the beginning of our family estady, everything was good.

The hotel is pretty good, good food, nice pool, and beaches.

We just didnt want to leave paradise
    • Double Room with Garden View

My only complaint is the wifi is very spotty at best but in some ways its good to disconect from the dependancy of using your phones

The property is very well maintained & the staff is outstanding with their service... Maira sings all day long while serving you in the main dining hall, Roberto gave us outstanding personal service on our private dinner on the beach... Domingo was our awesome tour guide to our excursion to Soana he made sure every step of the day that we were well taken care of...Great nightly entertainment with dancing... We didnt want to leave

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Great stay for reasonable price.
    • Double Room with Garden View

What really annoyed me was the lack of hot water, there was a problem spread all over the hotel. It was just an unlucky event however it was never fixed for more than a week. I felt it was not really handled properly.

Everything was great, especially the food and the structure. Clean and next to the beach. Animation was nice enough however a bit boring for young travelers like us since most of the customers are a bit advanced with age. We were there for diving and it was awesome to come back from a day of diving and relax at the beach or at the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Great Value! Worth every penny.
    • Double Room with Garden View

The steakhouse and the romantic dinner restaurant were closed. No bar in the pool. You need to get out of the pool to get a drink. Bad attitude of 'Alejandro' at the reception.

When I arrived to the hotel I had a bad feeling because the entrance and lobby are very old. However, the installations compared to what you pay are amazing! Great staff, everyone super friendly and willing to provide you with the best service. The hotel is full of cute and romantic messages where you can stop to take pictures, which gives a great vibe to the whole experience. Loved the fact they have a creperie on the beach, and the brick oven pizzas until 2 AM were delicious! The room was very nice, clean and tidy. The beach was gorgeous!! No grey sand, no rocks, no seaweeds. It was perfection. Everything about this hotel surpassed my expectations, I was truly believing I was going to receive a mediocre service because of how cheap it is. Great job Catalonia!! I had an amazing time and will definitely come back. If you are low in budget but still want to receive a good service and have a wonderful time, this is your best choice! Great value.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Quiet, laid back traditional style.
    • Double Room with Garden View

The pool didn't have a swim up bar. There was no waitress service to the pool or beach. You had to walk to the beach bar and get your own.

The bed was great and room clean. The Rodeo restaurant was good. The Italian was not good. The shows were not very good. The staff wasn't very friendly. The beach was great. Great location.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

If I was "privileged" then I'm afraid for "regular" guests. Probably best to go elsewhere.
    • Privileged Honeymoon

1. Despite being quoted in USD, I was told on arrival I would have to pre-pay the entire amount, in Pesos, with an inflated exchange rate. [My charge had already gone through in USD on my credit card]. BEWARE OF THIS. 2. My room didn't look remotely like the picture (we paid for a honeymoon suite, and had a normal room). 3. Food was mediocre. 4. Food service was poor. Regularly had to wait 30mins or longer to be seated at one of the restaurants as a privileged guest. Once inside, it took 15-20mins to even get a drink, and 30-35mins to be served dinner.

1. Beautiful grounds. 2. Bar staff friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

We loved it! great service.

nothing.

staffs are so friendly. food was great. there were so many events and performances. We totally enjoyed it! they also upgraded our room for free.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

The place would be great if it wasn't so under invested

1. rooms need renovation REAL BAD !! leaking water pipes in the bathrooms, water filtrations from roof when it rains. Broken controls of A/C etc 2. fake drinks in the bars. I meen it ! whiskey with tea-particles in it - does it say anything to you ?? 3. There is a construction to the left of the hotel right now (Jan 2017) hammering is very loud even on the beach

good service and food, nice beech

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

It's worth the money depending on the room you get. Rating: ok-good

The room they gave us did not look like the pictures on the site, they were old, had water problems, and some of the sheets were dirty. Not enough umbrellas on the beach. The snack bar didnt allow you to walk in shirtless, or without shoes. I think the point of a snack bar at a beach is just grabbing a quick bite while you're either wet or in a hurry and dont want to spend much time eating.

Staff was nice, not like other all inclusive resorts. Rodeo restaurant was really good. It was nice that they had a volleyball court and a beach tennis court.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Nice room
    • Privileged Superior

The WiFi was anything but reliable. Although the whole resort was coverred by the signal, only spots were connect to the internet.

Nice room Good food Rather clean beach

All the staff is very nice
    • Double Room with Garden View

The place no have discoteca

All the staff is very nice

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Very comfortable

Very good

Very comfortable

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

I didn't like a thing
    • Double Room with Garden View

It had a very very bad smell

I didn't like a thing

Beach

Limited food options

Beach

• Privileged Honeymoon

Comfortable bed with great concierge service

Attentive to our needs
    • Privileged Superior

Meals weren’t the best especially breakfast

Attentive to our needs

I LOVED the comfort and the amiability of the staff.
    • Double Room with Garden View

I LOVED the comfort and the amiability of the staff. They were really helpful and site-savvy. Gave good tips and gave a very warm welcome.

Terribly bad!
    • Privileged Superior

The worse service ever!!! DO NOT waste your time nor money visiting Catalonia Bayahibe!!!

The beach was beautiful.

The food was good.
    • Triple Room with Garden View (3 Adults)

The staff at the front desk at the time to register. They were very slow an not professional .

The food was good.Rooms were very clean.

Very expensive to get there
    • Habitación Honeymoon Junior Suite

Very expensive to get there

Tropical gardens, family oriented, great entertainment,...

Tropical gardens, family oriented, great entertainment, clean and comfortable rooms

Staff not interested in helping. Hotel needs maintance

Service

Great hotel with fantastic people working there.
    • Triple Room with Garden View (3 Adults)

Great hotel with fantastic people working there. Nice beach and sufficient swimming pool area. Very good food and possibilities to make trips.

HOLIDAY MAGIC!!!
    • Privileged Superior

Easy and simple access getting around on the resort property. The grounds are absolutely a tropical paradise!

All around care.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Loud communication of security persons early in the morning.

All around care.

Great place. We will come back

The room

The stuff was really great. They always was smiling and polite.

Thoroughly enjoyable place for a chilled and relaxing break.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Nicer wine in the all inclusive package, more helpful reception staff.

Beach was great, grounds were superbly maintained, most staff were lovely.

Very helpful and polite reception staff!

food

Very helpful and polite reception staff!

• Triple Room with Garden View (3 Adults)

Plumbing problem took a while to fix

Get everyone involved

Relax Total

excelente todo

Good worth

Mosquitoes in the room, poor air conditioning. Food could be better.

Good staff, excellent pool and beach.

Everything is absolutely perfect. Personal is so friendly. Very nice accommodation .
    • Privileged Superior

We reccommend use priviledge programme. GORGEOUS!

My stay was beautiful I wish to stay more days. I when to this trip to relax and I did to the full
    • Double Room with Garden View

OMG everything excellent the food the room are very big clean the AC lovely the staff always happy and in a good moon.

Beautiful adults only hotel!
    • Double Room with Garden View

We upgraded to the new Adults only resort. It was amazing!

I was transferred to the Dreams, since theres was an offer,...

Parking and access.

I was transferred to the Dreams, since theres was an offer, Dreams its a 5 start hotel, awesome!