Reviews of Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino 5 stars

Avenida Anacaona , Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#36 of 76 hotels in Santo Domingo

• Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom mists up (mirror) toilet paper is hard to get.No place for nice european coffe in the morning like espresso, late, cappuccino.

Good location good entertainment. Good restaurants

• Deluxe Double Room

That wasn’t a 5 star hotel, I found it expensive for the facilities and the service provided. The facilities are very old ( my bathroom ceiling was falling down) and also the breakfast wasn’t as good as a 5 star hotel breakfast.

• Deluxe Single Room

The security aspect since there is casino in there is annoying when you are black you always being suspicious according to them, always asking me,are you staying here, i got that question 3times in a 4 days period i was in there

The checking was great and they are tbe most under pay , they were excellent,and ver kind

• Deluxe Double Room

Smell of mildew in the room and floor

The place was very nice but the floor and room was very musty. Really smelled liked mildew and should be taken care of. The staff were nice and friendly and the breakfast was amazing, so much food. The mildew on the 6th floor suites needs addressing.

• Deluxe Double Room

Only one night, chef was off and buffeg in restaurant was not really good and staff were all over the place. Other nights were great.

Everything.from gym to room to bar to pool. Staff and facilities are really good. Well situated.

• Deluxe Single Room

The rooms need change of the carpet urgently also the hallways full of stains and the halways bad odor because of the humid.Also the furniture needs some touching. The breakfast are too expensive $20.

The facilities like the gym and.swimming pool are very good.

• Deluxe Double Room

It was dirty, smelt really old and musty, desperately needs a refurb job. The room I stayed in had 3 separate burn marks on the carpet and the cupboards were dirty and dusty. Was more like a brothel the amount of prostitutes I seen arrive.

It was close to the office I had to travel too.

• Deluxe Double Room

Well for starters, the bedroom had a 4 panel sliding glass windows. I noticed the curtains were blowing in the wind yet they appeared to be shut. I got up to see what was going on and realized. I could not close my bedroom windows all the way shut which left the opening for the breeze to blow in. Lucky for us it was cool enough outside, not to mention I couldn't lock them for our security. (But we were on the 6th floor so I thought were safe). Later on two different occasions that evening I thewalked into bathroom right find a small roach crawling on the bathroom flit I disposed of the little guy. Then later when I went to shower there was one in the tub. When it came time time go to bed that evening is when I found out our bedroom door had no functioning dead bolt, only a chain. I didn't feel safe at all. The next morning when I brought this to the staff attention(just as an FYI ) I was asked why I didn't call maintenance? I'm in a foreign country and don't speak the language. It was hard enough just trying to order room service.

It had secure parking that was gated.

• Deluxe Single Room

Totally lack of customer satisfaction processes Poor room cleaning I expected the casino to be opened, but was closed and nobody told me before checking in.

The quality of the food was actually very good.

• Deluxe Double Room

There's a $50 charge for bringing a "visitor" to your room.

I didn't really have to leave the hotel. I could go downstairs to the beautiful courtyard and sun bathe, drink, and eat by the pool

• Deluxe Double Room

I was not allowed to have a microwave in the room. I have diabetes and prefer to heat up my vegetables I was asked to always bring the plate to heat up to the kitchen; sometimes they took long and the food was cold. I was not allowed to eat in the executive lounge. The hotel is not sensitive to food needs for people with diabetes.

The king bed was clean and comfortable.

• Deluxe Single Room

The fact that friends (locals, from a different hotel, etc) could not visit without registering them and paying an extra cost. I believe that is a rip-off. The jacuzzi's were filled with cold water-maybe because of the year round temperature though. The casino was closed!

The availability of 3 buffets meals per day that had a variety of both pre-cooked & hibachi style dishes. The mango mousse was EXCELLENT!! The gym was actually a gym with a variety for everybody. The pool was 1st class.

• Deluxe Double Room

It was a happy surprise! The hotel was great, the room was clean and big, the restaurant both breakfast and dinner were really good and the service was kind.

• Deluxe Double Room

I didn't like the front desk supervisor Mrs Angie, she is rude, loud, mean and very unprofessional, need customer servise training, she change my reservation cost, because they do not have room I reserve available, moved me three time from one room to another, I made me paid the different of cost.

Love location, very clean, friendly staff, with the exeption of Mrs Angie the reservation supervisor in the front desk

Everything was great👍

I loved the food, people at the dining room were so kind. I also loved the entertainment as well as the pool. My family and I had a great time.

• Deluxe Double Room

They gave me one bottle (500ml) water first day and nothing after in my 3 nights stay. I took one bottle water from the refrigerator on my 3rd day(that was in side the room), for that they charged me 100+ DOP !!! And they charging in local curency Peso,and their transfer rate is lower then actual rate! For example, my room was booked for $367.68 in booking com,but now my credit card deducted $379.37!!

Cleanes, swimming fool, breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room

No water Bottles were provided in the room, though we were told everyday Water Bottles will be kept in our room.

I have been charged more than what i was supposed to be charged. Right under my nose there has been an excess amount deducted from my Credit card. The Actual amount to be deducted was 20,000 Dominican Currency. But actually 25,000 Dominican Currency has been deducted. This is not correct. Please refund back the excess money collected . I hope to have the earliest response in this regard.

The hotel needs serious reamenagement, the structure is old as well as the facilities which decrease a lot in the hotel ranking. It has everything to be a five star hotel but needs serious new up to date repairs.

The hotel itself is fine, reception and accomodation are fine. There is really a lot that can be done in the hotel while on vacation.

• Deluxe Double Room

The Hotel is a bit outdated. The shower door was a half door so the bathroom floor was soaking wet after every shower. The steam room was not working, although sauna was nice and gym. Pool area needs updating as well as outside of hotel.

Staff very friendly in every department. Breakfast had nice variety. Location good close to park and Bravo Market.

• Deluxe Double Room

Nice people working there Staff speaking English and Spanish (even a little French) Easy to get there Located in the heart of the city, close to one of the most animated places Large parking Facilities well maintained and clean A fitness center properly equipped A bar and a casino Very comfortable bed in a quiet room Breakfast with abundant choice

• Deluxe Single Room

especially the business executive guy who is seated near to the Casino. I have booked the day tour with this guy and he charged me 2.5 times more than usual price for day trip to Saona island. People in the tour group told me they paid USD60/pax for the trip. I paid to this hotel USD125/pax. And the tour bus was loaded with local and foreigner alike.

only swimming pool seemed clean

• Deluxe Single Room

The building needs some renovations, but in general all the areas are well kept, clean and comfortable.

The staff everywhere is helpful and nice. The room was spacious and clean

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Croissant was not fresh.looks like it was from yesterday.

It my third time in this property. I like everything. The room is big and has a beautiful view,the bad is very comfy,the pool is big and has 2 open air jacuzzi, hot and cold, also fitness area has dry and humid sauna and big cold jacuzzi. Breakfast has a lot of variety.

• Deluxe Double Room

Carpet in the hallway needs to be changed. Looks worn out. I was expecting a little more lively atmosphere at night in the lobby. It was a bit dead around the bar.

Food at hotel was quite good. Staff friendly and helpful. They have tennis courts and a nice pool.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Deluxe Single Room

If the tv has more sports channels, it could be better. I like NBA games, but it doesn't has any channel that has NBA game live.

The service, the facility are very good here. I love this hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Food ... the smell of the hallways -moldy and stuffy

The food was always cold and not fresh ... always took along time to come out ... not that many options on pool menu

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room

I didn't like that I had a room with no balcony. I also didn't like one staff member that was working behind the bar at the small room behind the casino. Totally unfriendly and very curt. It was a male.

I liked the whole place. Breakfast was way better than expected. Room service was excellent, food came to the room and it was still hot, and the price was very reasonable. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Deluxe Single Room

- THE PERSISTENT MUSTY SMELL even if the cleaning lady had sprayed some kind of room deodorizer WAS AWFUL. - The room was suppose to be quiet as per my request on my booking, but at 2:00 till 3:00 am. a band of loud musicians played right outside my window. If I wanted to move, I would have to pay for an upgrade...I was finally moved after lots of debating. - Free internet was bad, for 130.00 US per night i should have had good internet. And for 130.00.US, I should have had free breakfast,(when I booked on BOOKING.com, the breakfast was included) but they said i would have to pay 15.00.US more for breakfast. I was charged $18.US for breakfast even after I explained that I had not eaten from the buffet but had only fruits.The receptionist of the restaurant, was very rude about it. - The tour guide desk had no brochure whatsoever to give me to see what I could book. - The documentation that was slided under my door the evening prior to my departure was written in Spanish only. Even if I tried my best, i couldn't understand everything; and when I mentioned it at the front desk the next morning, the told me they had some written in English, but did not even bother to give me one.

the pool

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Executive Double Room (Adults Only)

I find the place to be in need of an upgrade. Carpets and furniture are old and showing wear and tear. (commenting on the 7th floor, which is where I stayed)

Good service, exceptional toiletries and complimentary breakfast was fantastic with lots of options on the large buffet.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room

Staff is great nice people and the guys at reception nice and funny very good the guys at the buffet omg they are the best excellent communication skills had a lot of fun can't complain and the food is really good like a lot of variety

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

I didn't like the food specialy wen I call on the phone to order something the staff can't not help me because I can't not speak Spanish must ofthe time I have to go out to get something to eat my husband and I.

I like the service Igot.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Deluxe Triple Room

They were suppose to give me a credit back I was sick 2 days with allergies because it was very humid in the room. They never contact me. Like they said manager will. Very unhappy

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The poor service from the from desk and the waiters, the mini bar service, the regular pillows, and I left my weeding flowers in the refrigerator and the clean staff said they never found when the flowers were in the refrigerator for a week and every day they were see the flowers there, that was very negligence of the staff!!!

I only like The customer service from the supervision Franklyn Ferrano, the room, the food, the pool.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

I make the reservation for my families 4 when i got to hotel there were only 2 so i have to pay addictional $50.00 for my son each night so i make the reservation was $337.00 dollars. And i got paying $491.00 dollars, i did not like that.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

As mentioned previously by a client the door for the shower is not practical at all. It takes half of the panel only so you splash water all over the bathroom.

Very good service from the supervisor of the reception

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

It seems that Booking and the property don't agree or communicate sufficiently. The rates and charges were not the announced. The staff began at check in with comments and a not straight conversation regarding the "Type of Booking". The perception is not good and at check out demonstrated that is was not a perception. Service fees are higher than the quality of the hotel

The property is in a nice location and the surrounding are in good conditions

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Check out was not that smooth.

The check-in process was excellent with the service personnel going extra to aid us. The hotel looked better than expected. Bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was plenty with a very nice variety of choices.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

The bed was very firm. This resulted in sleeping on a hard surface. So I turned and turned all night. I have stayed multiple times however, the pricing is high compared to equal hotels in the US. Be aware that most small changes can result in an upgrade price.

The hotel staff is friendly and helpful if you are also friendly. This is very important. They are also very responsive if you have a problem even if the problem is difficult to solve.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Deluxe Single Room

Previously mattress were more comfortable. They were changed and now are more hard. Also the sheets are not 100% cotton. They have % of polyester and I can feel that. Those sheets are too short and always get out of the mattress shrinking in your back. That's really uncomfortable. I'm planing next time to take my 100% 400 thread.

The food is excellent. Having always a wide variety of food to choose. I like that. Also my visit previous to the last one I got a pool view room and was amazing. Last time I got a parking lot view not that fair.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Executive Double Room (Adults Only)

Check-in is very very slow and I got charged an extra $30 for a 1:30pm check-in and the room was ready for entry.

If you stay on the 7th floor, which is the executive rooms, you receive some inclusive perks. Breakfast, free happy 2-hours, and the drinks are inclusive plus the 8th floor VIP area view.

• Deluxe Double Room

It smelled good and looked good

Nice pool and restaurants

• Executive Single Room with Bathroom (Adults Only)

Trhe crew no good care of the peopple staying at hotel

• Deluxe Single Room

Convenient location....Staff is extremely helpful and polite!

• Deluxe Double Room

Liked everything. can't think of anything negative

Everything!

An outstanding services.

• Deluxe Single Room

Nice place good breakfasts!

• Deluxe Double Room

You need a. Handicap ramp installed in front valet and a perminant ramp through front door..

Great room and staff

Parking lot

The staff

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff were nice. Property was clean and I really enjoyed my time there. Major grocery store right down the street helps to !

• Deluxe Single Room

overnight food room service was unavailable

quality of food is great

Very nice with everything

• Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Children)

breakfast is the same everyday, very poor in variety

The bathroom inside door

The room

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff took long for the check in and for the room service.

Bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room

bathrooms are not up to standar carpet in the floor is time to change

miss paulino front desk supervisor and here team were be helpful

• Deluxe Single Room

My toilet didn't work the first day, but was repaired the second.

Staff, restaurant, and comfortable bed

• Deluxe Double Room

My toast arrived cold and there was filtration in the bathroom so drops of cold water were falling on me while I showered.

The bed was comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room

Had a great time as always!

was a rip off

• Deluxe Single Room

Impossible to sleep well because of the bed and the pillows which were the worst quality

LOST MY WALLET WITH ALL MY CREDIT CARDS AND FOUND IT 2 DAYS LATER

• Executive Double Room (Adults Only)

Could not get breakfast even after explaining early check in

Nice and clean

Rooms look old

Great buffet

The hotel

The Staff

The pool

Internet was very good

Breakfast was good. The staff is excellent

• Deluxe Double Room

The buffet was excellent.

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed was extremely comfortable, the staff was very nice and made my stay an enjoyable one.

• Deluxe Single Room

staff do not speak english well, I claimed issues in the room and it was not fixed.

excellent food and outdoor activities

• Deluxe Single Room

Could not extend the stay with the same rate

The service

• Deluxe Single Room

The staff was really rude. My friends both from Dominican and Mexico also were treated poorly.