Reviews of Ocean Blue & Sand Beach Resort - All Inclusive 5 stars

Carretera Arena Gorda - Bavaro, Bavaro, 23301 Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

#41 of 97 hotels in Punta Cana

The hotel is fun. Good food. Rooms are ok. The beach was not good due to lots of seaweed.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

The rooms do not have good A.C. The hotel offered me an upgrade after having to move us 2 times to a different room because of room temperature.

The staff was super friendly, the hotel is really big, they have lots of food options, different restaurants, and great buffets.

Nice but flawed
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

General lack of concern by front desk - ac in room was non existent - after four calls over two days I gave up. Every time I called they said they would send someone up but it never happened. Never able to check voicemail on the phone - both buttons on the phone went to unknown extensions- when calling for help twice I was sent to an extension that did not answer and their voicemail was full!

Rest of staff was good including the waiters and cleaning crew. Beautiful pool and nice beach.

plan a return visit within 6 months
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

did not like karaoke...couples came to dance after dinner and after a few dances it changed to karaoke....just a bunch of drunks making fools of themselves so most people left...more suited for party pool

the room was a great size...food and decoration of buffet and restuarnts was very good...landscape was beautiful...entertainment was fun...felt very secure even walking at night...always the presence of security...so much to do...loved the latin music everywhere...piano bar relaxing

I enjoyed everything about my vacation
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

There was little to do at night for entertainment. You were restricted to only one event and the entertainment was not that appealing to me.

I liked the staff that were designated to me during my stay. They were professional, welcoming, and they went out of their way to make our vacation perfect.

Beach, food, pools.
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

The Wi-Fi internet Is horrible. It needs to get fix special for people like me that goes on vacation and still do business with the phone . I have international plan on my cellphone but it didn’t work well here .

Beach, food, pools.

The location is gorgeous, food is good, but the sales pitch is annoying.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

They asked us (my husband and I) to listen to a one hour long presentation. We told them that our reservation was very short and it was our honeymoon, but we were made to feel guilty and so we went. Three hours later I almost yelled to leave, they kept saying "well just go on a tour" and "just listen to this pitch". Be warned that their "one hour with premium breakfast and a free gift" is the same breakfast, it's only one hour if you agree right away, and the gift is a tote bag.

It was directly on the beach, rooms were very clean, food was delicious, most people were very friendly

One of the most comfortable beds in any hotel I've ever...
    • Junior Suite with Pool View (2 Adults) - Free WiFi

I agree with a previous complaint about locals on the resort trying to sell you stuff. I just got checked in and was walking to my room, immediately they were upon me. I shouldn't be harassed each time I walk up to the bar, or go to a restaurant. Was not able to adjust the air conditioner in the room, was only able to turn it on or off.

One of the most comfortable beds in any hotel I've ever stayed in. I've been in a ton of hotels, and I normally toss and turn. This was the first time I have ever gotten a full nights sleep.

Fantastic stay
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

The French restaurant was disappointing . Best to go to the buffet !!!

Amazing resort, never bored, super friendly staff, beautiful location, and all at a very good value.

There is a big choice of restaurants.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

There were several things I didn't like: - the most annoying thing were the sales person from H10 premium, who tried to constantly sell time shares to the clients, by innocently inviting you to a presentation of the group, which turns out to be a lousy sales chat. And they expect people to accept a deal of tens of thousands of dollars (offer take or leave forever) right there on the table, if you can afford it, when any smart person would at least take time to think if the group is solid, what are the alternatives, opinions on the internet, ... In fact, just a quick search would show how many people were cheated by this and are unsatisfied with it. Personally I would avoid any H10 premium hotel from now on - Wi-fi hardly working - Staff (apart the sales persons) not always kind, most of the workers never smile or answer to your greetings - rooms look a bit old - the beach is nothing special, the part of the beach in the resort at the right is already much better - when we arrived, I wanted to bring my luggage in my room by myself, they said they would do it in 5 minutes, I had to wait more than one hour in my room - there is no way to go out of the resort other than pay an expensive taxi. Other resorts organize shuttles to Down Town just to see something different In general, I wouldn't think this is a 5-star resort, I likely won't return there

There is a big choice of restaurants. The formula all inclusive is good compared to the relatively low price paid. It is a good holiday if you just say by yourself and relax with the sun and the sea.

Nothing bad but no wow factor either.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

Ocean location was not ideal. Limited opportunity for water activities due to strong winds and currents here. Pool water was also colder than expected, though it provided a great view from our balcony. Japanese Hibachi restaurant was not up to U.S. standards in terms of quantity of food or chef performance.

Very clean and well kept grounds. Restaurant with deck overlooking the ocean was particularly nice. Steakhouse was my favorite restaurant. Staff was very friendly.

The WIFI was not working in the room and in the majority...
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

The WIFI was not working in the room and in the majority areas of the resort. It was OK only in the lobby. That was disappointing as I paid a lot of money and that service was supposed to be included also in the room.

Didn't like not getting the room I was supposed to with...
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

Didn't like not getting the room I was supposed to with a king bed! Being also trying to be sold to be part of the h10 resorts I was on vacation not to listen they were pushy. Also my luggage was lost at and inside resort for 2 days. Spent over 11 hours of my vacation wrapped up with staff and not relaxing.

Beautiful views, great food, perfect for families.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

The bed was very uncomfortable & room smelled musty Pushy salesmen followed us around the whole time

Food was excellent with a large variety of options

All perfect! Very few things to improve!
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults) - Free Wifi

I would include transportation from hotel because it was expensive (150$)! Good in general except for a water leak in the bathroom! I had a problem in the check out with the taxi company outside! So rude with me for other reasons

Everything since we arrived was perfect! I had to arrived to Dominican Republic through Santo Domingo which made the trip really long!

Amazing hotel, would happily return
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

Staff was polite, the only improvement could be at reception. I came about 4 times with some questions, always seemed busy and unfriendly. Also, rooms are simple (but clean!) - I personally don’t mind it as don’t spend much time in a room but it was not a ‘luxurious’ room if you are after this.

The best features of this hotel are: 1) Pools - amazing pool areas with lots of activities and plenty of sunbeds 2) Food and drinks - one of the best all inclusive I have experienced, lots of variety so you don’t get bored eating the same food, good presentation and tasty buffet as well as restaurants (the only restaurant I didn’t like was Route 66). Premium alcohol and great choice of cocktails. 3) Animation - full of energy, doing lots of fun stuff for guests including pool parties, night shows. They were fantastic! 4) Location on beach - I enjoyed long walks on beach

Clean, safe, beautiful
    • Privilege Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

Waitstaff were either really good or really bad; no washcloths in bathroom unless you ask special for them, only a sheet covering the bed, had to request a blanket because there was no bedspread/comforter; local businesses coming on property and aggressively trying to get you to buy

Food, drinks, pool

Beautiful property with delicious food and great staff.
    • Junior Suite with Pool View (2 Adults) - Free WiFi

Beds and pillows we're not very comfortable. The towel situation:beach towel hut was a 10 minute walk from room. beach towels ran out for hours. Had to request washcloths and handtowels in the room.

Room was fine loved the whirlpool jetted tub. we loved the view from our balcony in the number 9 building. Food was excellent. Great options for every meal.

Terrible experience.
    • Junior Suite with Pool View (2 Adults) - Free WiFi

Terrible food. WiFi didn’t worked. Very loud music in the swimming pool. They never had towels. Room in a bad condition, with lot of things not working and smelling bad. Also most of the staff is just focused on selling you their vacation program so they don’t really do anything else and just stay there all they long disturbing you, and when you say you’re not interested they are very rude.

The beach was good.

We loved the hotel and all the facilities.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

We loved the hotel and all the facilities. Great location, clean room, excellent, delicious food that we will never forget and amazing- friendly staff.THANK YOU!!

Overall, it was a lovely vacation.
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

I wish I had known there was no elevator as I had to go up and down stairs several times per day with arthritic knees. They offered to move me to a room on the first floor. However, after viewing the room, I chose to stay in my original room. There was no view from the first floor room, just a concrete wall.

I loved how the beautiful grounds were well-maintained.

I had wonderful vacation in Ocean Blue and Sand.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

I had wonderful vacation in Ocean Blue and Sand. Since it is one of the cheaper resorts, I was concerned with cleanness or food quality, but everything was on point. The food was delicious, the staff was super friendly, entertainment was good. I will miss that place and most likely come back.

Quality and Service You Won't Get Here

Poor management attention to guests concerns. Our room had mold and mildew. We had to make several phone calls and eventually return to reservations. Didnt appear to concern anyone but us.

Bar in the lobby.

YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE!!!
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child) - Free Wifi

Ocean Blue ruined my mother's wedding! Made promises for honeymoon suite as PRIVELEGE guest only to find out when they got there 3 days before the wedding it was not available. No forewarning or communication...nothing. 29 guests enroute and wedding in 2 days. My mom cried every day. Management here is a real joke. The COMPENSATIONS were not equitable

NOTHING - Ocean Blue ruined my mother's wedding!

Don't Waste Your Time or Money Here
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

There is absolutely nothing positive to say about this resort. They ruined my daughter and son in laws wedding and honeymoon! They reserved one thing and when they got there given something totally different. No advance communication. Very poor management and customer service. This was my first and definitely last stay!!!

Omlet in the morning best meal all day.

WEDDING NIGHTMARE!!!
    • Junior Suite (4 Adults) - Free WiFi

Family group of 16 for Rojas Wedding. My daughter in law cried the entire time. There was nothing as arranged. Very disappointed with the experience for everyone...especially my son and his bride. No one ever spoke with them to change things fairly. Our rooms did not have enough towels for the number of guests. Poor attention to details and specific requests.

NOTHING

NO TEARS OF JOY HERE!!!
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults) - Free Wifi

Our family was here for my brother's wedding. There was nothing going right for them thanks to the resort. They did not get the room they were supposed to have. My poor sister in law was in tears the entire time. Management kept telling them to come back tomorrow either they were never there or didn't have an answer for them. They spent a lot of money for their dream wedding...sorry there dream turned into a nightmare. This place is a dump!

Easy to get around.

OCEAN BLUE RAILROADS OUR WEDDING!!!
    • Honeymoon Suite - Free Wifi

Suite reserved was not available. Management was very disconnected and unconcerned. COMPENSATIONS and substitutions we're not equitable. Was not notified in advance...3 days before the wedding 29 guest enroute​ and we are stuck with inadequate accommodations and preparations.

Very unhappy with this entire experience!

Rojas Wedding Victim!!!
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

Came for my sister's wedding. Worst resort experience in my life. Fumigation nightly creating a horrible odor. Rooms were far from luxury. They never listened or seemed to care about anything my sister or us complained about. My sister cried the entire time we were there. I would not recommend this resort for anything.

Nice facilities and not so huge as to be overwhelming.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

Being low season, different restaurants closed on different days - but there was no programme of closures published to allow you to plan. The closures also meant that any sudden downpour would reduce seating and lead to long waiting times - and who really wants to do the buffet at night if you have already done it for breakfast and lunch? Better planning and communicating needed.

Nice facilities and not so huge as to be overwhelming.

Don't stay at Ocean Blue and Sand in Punta Cana unless you expect to be treated poorly.
    • Honeymoon Suite - Free Wifi

I booked a honeymoon suite and was expecting to receive it. I was there for my sister's wedding. When we arrived their response was Uh Oh as if they weren't going to be able to deliver what was promised. The person at reception stated I was going to receive a Honeymoon lite room which was considerably smaller than the one I booked. Additionally they initially didn't want to discount my room. They stated I was supposed to receive Privilege services and my room was not equipped with towels. There was less than stellar room service as they were not cleaned properly. They were supposed to provide a concierge and butler service it never happened. They were supposed to provide transportation on the grounds it never arrived. They were supposed to provide premium liquors and only after being frustrated by calling numerous times was it provided. They denied any responsibility and tried to sell a package after providing poor service. The food was substandard as well. The bathtub was damaged with peeling paint and the air conditioner did not work. We asked for repairs and or different accommodations and the staff said they understood but offered no change. We were stuck because we were there for my SISTER'S WEDDING.

I booked a Privilege Honeymoon suite and did not receive it. The staff was unconcerned and unhelpful. The food was unacceptable and in many cases lunchmeat was served as breakfast meats. Lousy service and attempts to upsell. They DONOT deliver what is advertised on the website. Bait and swamp!

Rojas Wedding Problems
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

Construction. Poor customer service. Difficult to contact management and resolve problems. Room had visible mold. Reassigned another room away from other guest of wedding.

Beautiful location and property.

• Junior Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children) - Free Wifi

Management communication with guest. Failed to resolve concerns with room request and assignment. Assigned room with visible mold. Reassigned room in another building separate from wedding group.

Do no waste your time and money going on this one

Worst hotel in Punta Cana, the food was the same every single day. They have an irresponsible cleaning team. The maid broke my boyfriend watch and the only thing that they could say is that they won't asume the responsability because she didn't report it. The was no one in the room from 9 Am till 6:00 PM and the only person who enter the room while we were out was the maid... we went to public relationships to complaint about the situation but a man called Janel was rude and disrespectful, There are better resorts on Punta Cana. Do no waste your time and money going on this one.

Tried a timeshare and not so sure it's for us.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

Do not want to be "hustled" to buy anything by the staff while I'm on vacation. H10 staff were too pushy. That alone would encourage me to not encourage others to visit your property. Room could have been cleaner. Closet doors were beat up/dirty. Furniture had spots.

All staff members were very friendly! Entertainment at night. Piano bar.

Not bad for the money
    • Junior Suite with Pool View (2 Adults) - Free WiFi

On the Saturday night we were there, there were vendors trying to sell stuff. They were very aggressive, forceful and annoying. Ruined the evening.

The pool was great and there were enough activities to keep us occupied. The variety of restaurants was a huge plus.

I will not be coming back. Sadly, It was a waste of a resort time for me. I was disappointed.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

Hated the beach - it was dirty and you couldn't swim in it. I hated the room - sheets were stained, super hard bed, not as nice as other places that I have stayed in, nothing worked properly. I hated that the pool closed so early and that not making reservations actually doesn't work unless you are there at the time that it opens. Also the priviledge publicity is too much in your face and makes others that are not priviledge members feel annoyed.

I like the pool and the food was very good

Not the best!
    • Junior Suite with Pool View (2 Adults) - Free WiFi

The staff there were rude, especially the H10 staff rude, snobby and had no manners. We were brought in and were told that the conversation was part of our breakfast so we went along with it, come to find out that it was to purchase a traveling program! We were not able to eat in peace nor enjoy our food as we felt rushed as the H10 personnel were sitting there rushing us to hurry and eat so they can talk to us about their program. we hurried and ate and then went into their office area and They wanted us to join their program and benefits but did not take the time to explain anything to us about how it worked and when another person tried she took him away as he was the only one to speak english as language barrier between her and I as her spanish was different than my spanish and her accent was really hard to understand. she did not let her employee (african man) explain anything to us and shoved him away by saying oh your appointment is here and he looked confused as he said I don't have an appointment, and she said yes you do come on this other man will take over for you here. She placed another english speaking male there and he was just as rude to us and said if you're not interested you don't have to stay have a good day! He did not give us the time to even finish listening to how the program worked with points etc.... and the sad part is, that I was really interested in the program they were offering and was willing to buy as I do travel a lot for pleasure and business but because of her rudeness and lack of professionalism it discouraged me especially since she is the manager of the program there! The lady Luz also was rude, she sold the extra activities there and was really pushy and needy and made us feel like we were obligated to buy her safaris, and extra trips and were obligated to give her tips she followed us around did not let us eat in peace nor even check into hotel.

I liked that the housekeeper gave us extra water and soda, liked that the AC worked. I loved the nice generous staff at the coffee shop especially the woman there she was so nice to everyone and very friendly!! the coffee shop is the best there!! David the check in guy reception guy was great and helpful!

Will not stay here again
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

Beach was not pretty at all, an eye sore really. Air conditioning poor in the room. Free drinks in mini frig, however, the frig did not work, drinks were warm. Can't drink water, not told this at front desk upon check in. Sent an email 4 days before arrival, not return, had to call internationally to ask to extend stay and was told no rooms available, but then went on booking.com and found a room. Will not return to this resort, probably not this island again

Very nice pool area, most bartenders extremely friendly

Great place, great food. Very low service standards

The annoying "share time" salesmen. We were assigned a "concierge" who magically disappeared from view once we decided not to go through the "welcome breakfast" which was a sales pitch in disguise. After that, we didn't have a concierge anymore. The buffet became a miserable version of itself on weekends, in order to cater for the "local guests". It almost seemed like granny hiding the sweets when the children came. Very unprofessional. The cleaning standards were not the ones from a 4+ star hotel. One day they wouldn't leave any towels, the next day they didn't replenish the minibar, the next day they didn't replenish the soap and shampoo, the next day it was the towels again plus the minibar, etc. In order to make a reservation in the only restaurant that needed one, I called and they told me they couldn't take reservations over the phone that day, that I needed to go to the restaurant at 5:30 to reserve a table. I did and spent 45 minutes queuing under the sun with 35 degrees C. My baby caught conjunctivitis in the pool. At reception they offered me to get me the drops for 50 US dollars. I took a cab and paid 7 at the pharmacy.

Great food, both buffet and restaurants. Pool was wonderful and the bars had great quality of drinks. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Great attitude from all servers and restaurant staff in general. Very nice people.

Great Resort Especially for the Price
    • Privilege Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

Ocean Blue and Sand resort was a great experience for us. Being that it was all inclusive staying at this resort entailed a lot, including dinning options at more than 6 different restaurants on site (food is descent). The staff their are great and very helpful. We really enjoyed that they provided live entertainment at night in the lobby area. I'd like to give a special thanks to PEDRO, JOHNATHAN, and CARLOS for all their help and assistance during our stay at the resort.

The food in the dining areas were excellent.
    • Junior Suite (4 Adults) - Free WiFi

The huge sandbags they use to try to prevent further erosion were ugly and a terrible eye sore. The beach was beautiful and this just took away from that beautiful blue water.

The food in the dining areas were excellent. Lots of choices. The staff was great and friendly.

THE BEST DAYS EVER IN PUNTA CANA!!!
    • Junior Suite with Pool View (2 Adults) - Free WiFi

Rooms were extremely clean. Reception always responded to our questions quickly and assisted with any concerns we had. We were there to finalize plans for our wedding there in October. Sarah the wedding planner is even sweeter in person, so smart and helpful! We had A1 top shelf food and wait service. Shout out to Anderson, Yandy, Trinidad and Jiminez they were all so attentive to our culinary requests and made every meal a dining experience to remember!!! Can hardly to return for the wedding and honeymoon there!!

I Came back and was a greater Experience!!, was event Better than the first!
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

Meals, people, Pools, beaches, the sand, the spaces, cross through others beaches, the others beaches near the area, The roads inside the hotel, Mike's Coffee & Tea Restaurant, The restaurants.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Nice resort, variety of resrtaurant , but the main buffet poor
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults) - Free Wifi

I didn't like the main buffet restaurant, I did not have a lot of food variety. I have been in many resorts, so every time I go to one I wait for them to impress and surprise me! The bed sheets were dirty.

I like the variety of restaurants, and the 2 snacks bars. The rooms were cute and nice.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Booking.com Disaster Trip
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

Check in was horrendous, booking.com/hotel messed up our reservation we ended up paying lots more, first day no hot water, second day NO WATER, Food is "bearable" and security at the gate still treated us as if we weren't staying at the property even when we showed our arm bracelets. Worse experience I have had using booking.com

The in room refreshments.......Not much more!!!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

High Quality, Clean Resort with Great Entertainment
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

The resort was much smaller in overall property size than others I have stayed at. This was nice for getting around and walking to the beach/restaurants quickly, but I missed being able to walk around and explore the property. The restaurants for dinner were hit or miss though. Loved the french one, but the others were only alright. Breakfast and lunch buffets were high quality with lots of options! The staff overall was great, with the exception of the H10 timeshare sales people which were too pushy and frankly rude. I also did not like that they allowed the people to come in and sell their gifts to be so pushy. I would have loved to purchase something but felt like if I even looked in the direction of their table that I would be pushed to buy something. Finally, the Wifi was VERY spotty which got frustrating at times. It seemed to work better towards the end of our stay, but overall only worked part of the time.

I loved how clean the resort was--especially the pools. The food and drinks are pretty good and standard for what you would get at similar resorts. The rooms are a nice size and cleaned daily. The proximity of the resort to the beach and the central location of the pools was also nice. The beach was clean and we were always able to find a chair. I also really like the entertainment options. Being a young couple in our mid-twenties we appreciated the after dinner entertainment in the main area. The overall stay didn't feel too family oriented and we had plenty to do.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Second thoughts
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

Saw a cockroach in my closet and the bathroom / shower glass cover had fungus. My pillows did not have pillow covers , wondering if they actually cleaned the room before I came. Also , my towels came in one hour late.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

The excursions people that you s affiliated with hotel took...

The excursions people that you s affiliated with hotel took my money and wouldn't give back when they clearly saw my wife's feet were swollen and she could not walk

Beach area was a let down. Stray dogs and cats running around.
    • Junior Suite (4 Adults) - Free WiFi

There is limited beach front with several giant sand bags on the beach and in the water. Stray dogs and cats were walking around the resort and in the food area. They allowed local vendors to set up and sell goods on-site, right at the main entrance to the restaurants. The entertainment was mediocre at best. Staff could have been more friendly. The process involved in reserving a seat at the Sensai restaurant was ridiculous; waiting in line for over an hour to book same night dinner reservations.

The location of the resort, restaurants and pool area were fantastic. The pool area had plenty of space and chairs. The walkways were kept clear and clean and were nice and wide. The room was big, clean, and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Awesome food and wonderful staff. A few issues but overall, a good time!

the room was humid and smelled of mildew. Rust had set on the metal hinges, refrigerator, etc. Toilets didn't flush properly. Didn't like the sandbags and the seaweed at the beach.

Food was excellent. Staff was energetic and friendly. Activities were plentiful. The grounds were beautiful.

Staff great, food and facilities good, room so so
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults) - Free Wifi

I booked this facility because it had a king bed/pull out couch option but had to settle for two Queen beds in a bad location, my balcony overlooked the service entrance for employees, UGH. I felt I got scammed. The room looked worn, poor shower pressure at peak times, pillows were terrible.

Staff were very friendly and hard working. The facilities were nice, food was good and it was reasonably easy to get seating's at the specialty restaurants. My daughter got PADI certified at their dive shop although their dive spots are not that great, Atlantic side of the island.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Rooms will damage your health
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

Rooms have mold, and as an allergic person, I developed chest infection. I had to change 4 rooms and all of them had mold. At the end I gave up. That's a serious problem and it's a pity they didn't take it seriously when I raised it.

Resort is nice

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Very nice stay for last minute trip!
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

Hotel Beach is small but you can just walk couple of minutes to other spots in Bavaro beach.

Clean room, nice staff, well kept facilities, good restaurants. Planning on coming back. I truly enjoyed my stay. One suggestion will be to have a sort of happy hour for single travelers, solo traveling specially for ladies is becoming popular and is nice like to share information with other fellow ladies travelling, thank you!

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

wonderful staff, well worth for the money
    • Junior Suite with Pool View (2 Adults) - Free WiFi

had to wait past 3pm to have my room ready. sales persons trying to sell you vacation packages

friendly staff good variety of activities and food night shows

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

All-inclusive resort
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

We were enrolled to a presentation - which we thought was a customer loyalty programme - but turned out a sales presentation for a timeshare\bonus point programme. In the beginning very friendly " you do not have to commit to anything", but when we didn't buy into the programme, the sales guys did not even shake our hands. Cleaning was not offered regularly at our room which was ok but fresh towels would have been nice... Not a major issue with two adults in the room.

The breakfast and lunch buffets were really good. A spacious area with nice pools, comfy lobby bar and ok beach. Mostly very friendly staff! And very efficient in serving food & drinks.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Wonderful for families!

The beach is not the best with many rocks and a steep walk down. My and worst experience was the restaurants and the two hours waits. Trying to get a reservation for the Japanese restaurant in the week we were there was impossible so we ate at the buffetc constantly

I visit Bavaro every two months for the last 1 1/2 since my boyfriend lives there. I've stayed at many of the resorts and this was one of my favorites. The staff were so very attentive and kind. We were there for NYE and their presentation at the resort to entertain and NYE dinner was amazing! My kids weres in absolute heaven with all the nye goodies, bowling and kids club.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

An acceptable price for an "acceptable" all-inclusive.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

The first room had 1/2 dozen issues that prevented us form a good night's sleep. The facility is in need of an overhaul and maintenance -- food was so-so with a few exceptions: steakhouse & Japanese steakhouse.

The staff were gracious and helpful with few exceptions. Front desk helped when we had to change rooms.

Excellent value for money hotel.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

The Wifi Internet did not work as expected, but understood because there were so many guests.

The food exceeded my expectations by far. And the attention of the whole person was the best.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

No AC at Ocean Blue & Sand
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

AC didn't go below 75 degrees in both our rooms, phone didn't work in kids room & there were bugs......Beds were rock hard & management refused to meet with my wife or I to address !

Resort was located in a great spot.....

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Tired resort

Never got more than one hand towel or wash cloth. Gym walls and floor were very dirty with rusted and worn equipment. Food was beautifully presented but flavor left a lot to be desired— underseasoned and overcooked.

Large pools with easy access from rooms. Lots of lounge chairs at pool and on beach.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

I had to stay cause i already paid my stance... if not i would have left that place super fast.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

I didn't like the staff service at all! They were acting like me and my wife were nobody. They are all about the benjamins -_-' after they get what they want they will leave you by your own...

I did like the beach

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Nice Place and Wonderful People!
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

The exercise room has older equipment and the rock climbing wall is under-utilized. It would be nice to have an outdoor work out facilities where the wall is currently located. I would like to have more female instructors. Lastly, it would be nice to have dance instruction classes that were at different levels. The Disco should also consider offering dance classes before 11 pm.

Ocean Blue is a really great value. There's plenty to do, if you’re an outgoing person. The food is really consistent and quite good. The staff, especially the fitness and dance instructors, are wonderful. The beach is small because of beach erosion. If this is critically important, I would suggest another resort. I met lots of people from all over the world, which is great for a single person.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Great Dominican Experience.
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

The beach is a little bit small compered to all the other resorts around, but it is caused by the location as it is pretty far out into the ocean, kinda like a little peninsula.

The Resort is very very nice. Has two big pools, bars at almost every corner. The food was great - not only have they a buffet restaurant in which every night for dinner was a different type of world kitchen, but also they have 7 restaurants a la carte. All of them are amazing and serve excellent food. The service was perfect and staff is helpful and they make you feel welcome.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Worst hotel experience ever
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

Rooms were smelly, there was also mold in rooms. Food restaurants were overbooked with 2 hours of line and American restaurant was even closed. There was no food served except evenings as room service offered food that was edible.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

-Bar staff and restaurants staff.
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

-réception staff. They are not keen to find a solution when you needed one. They are slow and try to avoid you. This was not nice. But they keep being nice anyway. They just don't fix anything unless you really insist - the beach isnt the most beautiful in this specific hotel cause they should place enormous sand bag in the sea. So it is way less niice to swim and watch the sea from this hotwl - some room are really old and not so new as the pictures promise on their website. I asked strongly to change my room for one the floor instead of the one which was on the ground. - the food was ok if you don't come from a country where you know the food qualities like Switzerland, France belgium or italy, etc. The meat isn't so great. Yes there are a lot of products but I was disappointed by the quality. I mostly ate the local food that they perfectly cooked. Sad there weren't more. -the price of activites are incredibly expensive. - if you dive, ask first where you are going to (dive spot) because some places are not amazing and you see nothing much. -spa : bargain the price like hell. It is really expensive.

-Bar staff and restaurants staff. All of them except the reception staff were amazing. -Geographical situation - 2 pools -the dive center is the best. Professional leader dive and good equipment -activities proposed during the day (beach volley, pool party, dance on the beach and more) -the feeling to be in a small village are nice. This is really excellent - Japanese restaurant is awesome. Go there !! - bar tender are nice, Professional and very funny. Ask for Ismael, he s the best !!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Nice getaway 👍🏾
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

The main restaurants could switch up the menu daily . The served the same exact things ,while tasty , everyday .

The ambiance was everything ,the staff was very friendly .

Don't even think it! Do not reserve!
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

Customer service was awful, food wasn't good at all, rooms were dirty and found three cockroaches. Asked to speak with manager and they didn't allow me.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Loved the coffee shop and the fact that you don't need...

Hated that the air conditioner wasn't cool enough in the bedrooms. My group and I had 10 rooms total, and none could sleep well because it wouldn't go below 24 degrees.

Loved the coffee shop and the fact that you don't need to make a reservation for most thematic restaurants.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Overall good.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

Bathroom a bit old, would deserve to be refurbished. Food was average despite a large choice of meals. I also didn't like those big "rocks" which denatures the beach

Overall good. I think the price was worth the discount we got but wouldn't have paid more compared to the other hotels I staid at in Bavaro. Cheerful staff (except for 1 incident)

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

My Story

The beds were humid and the blankets smelly. The Mexican restaurant nor the food of the same restaurant doesnt look like nor taste like Mexican.

The staff was really kind.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

I will not stay here ever again!
    • Single Privilege Junior Suite with Pool View - Free WiFi

Staff was rude 40% of the time. My smelled like piss and I was in a privilege suite. When making reservations for my birthday dinner, I asked about a certain menu displayed and the concierge at the privilege center just said no removed the menu, and when I came back later that day it was put back up. Steakhouse was a joke, there steaks are paper thin so when I said medium rare it was of course burnt to a crisp. Mexican restaurant wasn't really Mexican. Room service food was always cold, and I am one who never normally cares for food temp. Grill at the beach, burgers we raw and under cooked (this was not some fresh burger it was cooked from frozen nastiness). I went to get a drink before heading in at the lobby on my birthday 9.21.16 around 10pm and I asked for a drink clearly I DON'T speak Spanish, he said something in Spanish, I told him I only speak English and he repeated himself again slowly like I was an idiot, so I walked off, he tried calling me back but at that point I was over it. While I enjoyed my time while I was at the beach not eating and the pool I would not return.

The bartender at the beach was polite and got you whatever you needed. The staff at the sports bar and the pool were always friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Just Ok Hotel
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

Aptitude of some of the employees , made us feel like we were a pain. They daily change the time of restaurants ...please do not pay attention what the front desk tell you about the restaurant times...ad remember 6:00 pm could be 5:30 pm .

Housekeeping were friendly

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

It was good, not the same anymore.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults) - Free Wifi

I didn't like the drinks, didn't like the cleaning, the staff was not polite, the beach was not even close to what I would expect to a punta cana resort.

The food was okay, the restaurants were great and the bed was very comfortable. The shows were outstanding as well.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

FUN FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY.
    • Single Junior Suite - Free WiFi

WIFI WAS TERRIBLE, TO MANY PEOPLE HARASSING TO GO EXCURSIONS WHEN WE SAY NO A MILLION TIMES. BEACH WAS DISAPPOINTING BUT OK.

THE RESORT WAS CLEAN, WELL MAINTAIN, FOOD WAS DELICIOUS, THE RESTAURANT WERE GREAT, THE ENTERTAINMENT WAS OK, THE CLUB WAS GREAT. THE STAFF WAS GOOD, CHECK IN WAS QUICK AND EASY.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Great location! Nice resort!! Friendly Staff!! Go and see for yourself!!
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults) - Free Wifi

The staff was excellent. Pedro greeted us and took our bags to our room. Franklen and Francisco were excellent bartenders and Marissa made sure our room was great. There are so many more. We had no complaints. We had a small issue with the towels for five minutes or less and the issue was resolved. Definitely will be returning!!!!