Reviews of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana All Inclusive 5 stars

Boulevard Turistico del Este Km 28 #74, Bavaro, 23302 Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

#10 of 97 hotels in Punta Cana

• Caribbean Suite King

The bathroom is huge but the shower seems to be clogged up, so the water pressure is very weak, the check-in was very friendly but the person gave me almost no information about Resort Credits and other points about the hotel. One person from Legendary Club approached me after check-in, very friendly and gave a lot of information about the hotel but it was a trap to bother you to join to Legendary Club (it's an extra paid service) and them you bother all the time that you're hosted in the hotel. The bed was very big but it's too soft to me, it's not so confortable. The air conditioning was to noisy, it's very hard to sleep with that. I thought that I would listen a lot of rock and roll during my stay but there are much more Caribbean songs playing all day and night (in 5 days there was only 1 rock and roll band playing in the Eclipse Terrace), you have to tolerate at least 10 times a day "Kuduro" song. There are no schedulle of the tram (golf car that carry you around the hotel), so you have to wait them (sometimes more than 15 minutes).

The hotel is amazingly HUGE! Very large bedroom, a lots of amenities, beverage and liquors in the bedroom, big TV (55") with a lot of cable channels, large jacuzzi, a lots of pools with wet deck bar, very good beach with a lot of bars, very good restaurants (no reservation needed if you go after 21:00h), lots of events (night and day) but most of them are with Caribbean songs, there is almost no rock n' roll :'(. Except for the music played in pools, events, etc that really disappointed me, the hotel is really awesome!

• Caribbean Suite King

The room was very worn, poorly maintained and had not been thoroughly cleaned for at least months.

The staff was very friendly, attentive and went out of their way to insure you were having a good time.

• Caribbean Sand Suite King

The members only area surrounded my building 2A. That was a bid disappointing as I had to travel further than expected to find an areas for us normal people.

The beach was great and the staff was very friendly. Food was also very good.

• Islander Junior Suite King

Honestly, this was one of the only resorts where I had an overwhelming sense of entrapment. The checkout process genuinely felt like i was in a episode of „prisonbreak“, since I was not allowed to leave the hotel (even though I had payed). I had checked out the night before and had stayed at a different location, but was going to take a flight the next day with a friend. Upon returning to the resort the next day in the taxi, the drama began. I had removed my hotel wristband, since I didn’t need it and merely wanted to scoop up a friend on the way to the airport. To cut a long story short, the resort security would not allow me to leave, since I had wasn’t able to show a particular „check-out card“. Even after we had overcome the hurdle with getting into the taxi, we were stopped at the entrance point, and although we were already late for our flight, the guess demanded that our taxi should turn around and drive back to the reception. For a person who has experienced a lot, this was outrageous and truly cast a shadow over the overall pleasant experience I had. Only thanks to a certain gentleman working at the reception who had recognized me from the day before, that I made it to my flight on time.

The fact that the entire resort was all-inclusive made the stay very pleasant and took away part of the usual stress when traveling. We stayed there 4 nights and virtually didn’t spend a dollar, since food and beverages were provided (and with that quite a broad selection of options)

• Islander Junior Suite King

Sometimes there was a bad odor like standing water

All restaurants have a good selection whether breakfast buffet or menu selections. Pizza was also very good. Rooms were clean.

• Caribbean Suite Double

Breakfast and no place to unwind after dinner like light music and place to sit and relax

I liked the cleanness and personnel were always happy they displayed that they really enjoyed working there

• Islander Junior Suite King

The bed was very uncomfortable

The bed was horrible. Me and my fiancé both woke up with back aches every morning. Very very disappointed with hard rock in this matter.

the check in- 3 hour check in is unacceptable

check in took over 3 hours due to an incorrect expiration date on the credit card, they would not tell us the issue therefore we lost half a day of our vacation

• Caribbean Diamond (2 Adults)

The room catergories were a little confusing.

My first experience with an all inclusive. I fear I that I have the bar very high for all futurel inclusive holidays. Such a beautiful resort to suit just about everyone. The choices are endless. So mich to do and the Aside everyting the staff were amazing - so happy and always happy to help! a masive thnks to Jorge in the Adult pool - you were the highlight of our stay! Spa experience was out of this world - resort credits used against the spa treatments as an absolute bonus! Can't wait to go back.

• Caribbean Suite Double

Bad Shuttle frecuency from and to the beach Time shering staff insistence to make meeting with guest

My yungsters making new friends and the service of the staff

• Caribbean Suite King

The bars were fully stocked, however we would’ve loved more premium liquors, but what they have is pretty good.

Staff was super friendly, food was great and although the hotel was at full capacity, we were able to relax at the pools and beach without “fuss”...

• Caribbean Sand Suite Double

We got food poisoning on the third day from the steak at Isla. We lost an entire day and night because of the symptoms. We felt we shouldnt have to pay for the one night as we could not enjoy our stay and not our fault. Even the waiter seemed to warn us about the food after we ordered. I was posting on social media and my followers are wondering why I stopped so suddenly.

Turn down service. Shuttle service. Free wifi...could be better by the beach.

• Caribbean Suite Double

There are around 10 restaurants. It is obviously impossible to have excellent food in all of them. The majority of the restaurants are not good. 2-3 are good. Veggie selection in all restaurants very poor.

Rooms are very spatious. Many nice pools. Beach is nice but a bit dirty. First 5 meters of the water is quite dirty but once you pass that bit it's light blue and beautiful!

• Signature Presidential 1 Bedroom Suite

Bed bug bites, sour smelled towels for 2 days, no personal assistant that we paid for, front desk could not give reason of why we did not hear from nor meet/see either of personal assistants,

Size of room

• Islander Junior Suite King

Slow response from staff Staff sometimes looks confuse and slow. The golf carts that take you around the hotel takes forever to pass by your room Food quality is not so good

Hotel facilities Bed Big room Beautiful beach Staff is polite

• Caribbean Suite King

The beach area is missig a nice spot and bar comparing to other hotels in the area. If you go in high season all the pools are too crowded. The pool's bathroom was very dirty during our stay. The hotel smell like baby diaper all the time. Cleaning is a must!!!

The staff and the food are excellent. Most of the restaurants are great! We loved Ipanema (brazilian rest).

• Islander Junior Suite Double

The beach was not what I expected as far as beauty. Not many people on the beach. On our last day, returning from the spa, none of our keys worked. We called the desk and were told someone would be there in about 15 minutes. Housekeeper passed by and tried her master key and door would not open. We called again and was told 15-20 minutes. It was extremely humid. An engineer arrived and used his master key after 30 minutes outside. When we entered the room at 7:30pm, room had not been serviced and dishes from breakfast room service were still on the table. $50 was taken off my bill. Otherwise, the stay was nice. The staff was great. The spa was awesome. The landscaping is beautiful. It would have been great if the Hard Rock offered a shuttle to/from airport like some resorts .

Food was good, except the steakhouse was not good. Service was poor. One steak was served raw

• RR Caribbean Sand Suite King

Some staff not friendly. Our rooms were not stocked with coffee and coffee mugs daily. The cofffee maker was broken and leaked. Too many scooters, vans etc driving on the same walk path that children were using. Not very children friendly.

Pools and beaches Pool staff awesome!

• Islander Junior Suite King

Food was awful everywhere except Zen. I travel frequently and this was by far the worst food I have ever eaten. Very low quality!

Room clean, our room was centrally located.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Caribbean Suite King

The train transport needs to be improved. Due to the heavy rain it was really terrible seats are wet, no umblrellas Also, the breakfast rooms were too noisy

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Signature Presidential 1 Bedroom Suite

TV for Americans is limited unless you understand Spanish fluently.

Buffet and restaurants were very good for an all inclusive resort. This is our second visit and will return. Rooms very spacious.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Caribbean Sand Suite King

Food was average. Resort was noisy. Staff was not very helpful. Excursions offered at the resort were awful and not worth going on even if offered for free. Lots of bugs at night. Shows in the theatre at night were average- not as good as I have seen in other resorts or on cruise ships. The drinks in the poker room of the casino were not free like they were in the rest of the casino but cost $US 8/ drink! Drinks in the Oro night club were extortionately priced. It was hard to know what was going on on the resort on a daily basis.

The resort was beautiful. Pools were spectacular as was the beach. Golf course was outstanding as were the staff there. I would go to the resort just to play golf on this course. It was a long course but beautifully kept but the greens were tough. Drinks on the resort were plentiful and you never had to look far to get one. Lots of classy retail shopping available. Lots to do if you chose to do it. Great place to take teenagers as there was lots for them to donand lots of other teenagers for them to hang out with. There were some hidden gems like Bongos bar but you had to come across them accidentally.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Caribbean Suite King

One of the tours, the dolphin tour, went out of their way to extort money from guests. Though they are not a part of the Hard Rock resort, they are represented by agents at the location who mislead guests and perform true highway robbery for something as simple as pictures of the experience. After feeling like such a VIP at the resort, I was treated like a dunce at the dolphin tour. On top of the picture scam, they literally argued and fought me when I called them on it and were very disrespectful. My poor girlfriend was left with not a single picture of the first memory in her life playing with a dolphin. Real crooks and even worse people persons. Never going to that aquarium again...and I will advise all my friends to avoid it as well.

I loved everything about the place. A true paradise.

• Caribbean Suite Double

We went to Isla restaurant to get some seafood as dinner. The place wasn't that crowded but still it took 30min to waiters to get our order. I ordered lobster, and it was cold. I wouldn't suggest there.

Literally Hard Rock Hotel thought everything for me before I did. I had a problem with my transactions and they figured it out so made the papers ready to sign while I was on phone. The cleanliness of the rooms are perfect. And you can always find a shuttle in 2-3 mins. The best place to eat is absolutely Toro. I tried every restaurant in the hotel, and Toro is my favorite. I had beef tartar and rib eye: BOTH PERFECT. If I try to write everything that I liked during my stay, it would almost become a book. Pools, entertainments, receptionists, restaurants exc. great place to stay and enjoy your cold beer in pool!

• Signature Family Suite Two Bedroom

The food, although plentiful, was very average. Many of the drinks didn't seem to be watered down.

The restaurants did not have a lot of wait and you did not need a reservation.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Caribbean Suite King

Very large property Less info about the activities Lots of children and teenagers for this expensive property as like they were included free of charge or they could affford this?

Service was prompt and courteous Check in staff could be more efficient

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Caribbean Suite King

Sales pitch was a little over the top as far as accepting no for an answer. But I do understand the reasons for recruiting , property is extremely large and well staffed.

Beds were very comfy and room was well attended . Vacation was extremely relaxing .

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Caribbean Suite King

Property is old and in need of repair and food quality is poor at best. If they spent half as much energy into the quality of the stay as they did trying to sell us a membership our stay would have been so much better. Too many motorized vehicles on the property and the alcohol is watered down.

The staff was friendly and tried their best to get you to have a good time.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Rooms are simply run down. They look like they are from the 80's. They all have a hut tub inside the room. We had 2 rooms booked. Both had smelly sewage-like water seeping into them during the first night. It was absolutely disgusting. We were moved to a 2 new rooms. In one of the rooms, We had a leak in the hot tub from the room upstairs. Very apologetic, they wanted to move us again. For a 5 night stay, 3 different rooms seemed a bit too much! So my kids stayed in the leaking room for the rest of the stay. And lastly, I was charged to my room (from a nearby pool shop), items I did not recognize. Because they could not tell what the purchases were after 25 min and I had to catch a flight, I ended up paying for things I didn't buy/recognize.

Organized activities such as partiea, New Years, etc were great. Lots of things going on everyday, all day at different locations. Different music at pools. Much like a cruise ship.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Caribbean Suite King

Lack of attention to detail when food allergies were advised to the staff. Points were offered but the 20% fee for using "points" is robbery!

Very good variety of restaurants with fair tasting food but not truly authentic Dominican. Staff were very pleasant and attentive in the main restaurants, but lacking at the pools.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Caribbean Suite Double

Elevator broke and the other elevator was pitch dark. Dissapointed in Isla restaurant. Expecting lobster and crab legs.

Staff was friendly. Place was amazing.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

• Caribbean Suite Double

One thing, and that was the state of repair of the property in places, for example the safe in our room didn't work. Also noisy constructions where going on close to some pool areas.

Staff was excellent, food was fantastik, drinks were good, spa was very nice indeed, overall everything was very good.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Signature Presidential 1 Bedroom Suite

The cheapest liquor available, the food is average. Not acceptable for such an expensive resort. Feels like you rented a room in a shopping mall. There was no valet parking available and it was raining. Never going back

Wifi is excellent that's it.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Caribbean Sand Suite King

Property is way too big. Not the location for a relaxing vacation. The trolley service was horrible. Spent too much time waiting for the trolley to take you from your room to anywhere else. The Resturant called the Market food was so dissatisfying. So many pools but have to take a trolley to get anywhere here

The beach was nice. Three of the restaurants had decent for. Overall I think it was over priced for what I got. Never going back.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Islander Junior Suite King

The room service food was horrible...don't do it!!

This place was amazing! You must stay at least 4 days to enjoy it all comfortably! The staff was very hospitable and took care of our every need. Ipanema and Isla are by far the best restaurants on the resort.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Islander Junior Suite King

Was there 5 years ago this time food portions were very small not happy with restaurants. Felt like everything was portion control food needs inproving

Staff was very nice

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Islander Junior Suite Double

The service could've been better for a five-star hotel -room service the bellhop check-in were all inadequate. The food was awful !!!!!! One day my room wasn't clean and I called three times - they decided to come at 2 AM to pick up dishes from breakfast and to clean the room . The Day I was leaving early I called the bellhop to bring up my luggage to the main entrance .when I got there it was not there but my ride was there for the airport. They took their time to retrieve my bags and did not seen to care about my time constraints. Room keys didn't work - had to go back and forth to main lobby to correct them - wasted day doing this. Room was changed suspected bed bugs.- bites all over my legs ..Dead bug with blood found on daughter's bed sheets . Teenage daughter extremely disappointed in hotel because of very high expectations- flashy website page.

I only liked the Toro restaurant because out of all the places to eat this was the only one where the service was great and the food was good. The security people and the entertainment/activity people were very friendly and fun .

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Signature Family Suite Two Bedroom

The huge mix up with the reservation and the enormous up charge for adding an additional guest

The vast numbe of pools, restaurants and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Caribbean Suite King

The food is very avrage. There is a line to go to eat in almost all the restaurants. You can find yourself waiting for an hour to a table. As well for breakfast. The oro night club belong to the hotel but suprising its not included in the all inclusive so you need to pay for the drinks

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Caribbean Suite Double

Pools and swim up bars closed too early. Would like for at least the adult only pool to stay open later.

We had so much fun at Hard Rock Punta Cunta. We loved the ORO nightclub and had a blast at the Michael Jackson Experience show. The food was delicious and the swim up pool bars were in abudance. We will definitely be staying at other Hard Rock resorts as well as coming back to this one.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Caribbean Suite Double

Language barrier, mosquitoes, one night someone got in our room drunk while we were asleep pretty scary.:( not sure how that happened we knew our door was closed.

Customer service excellent, happy and polite staff! Best part its ALL-INCLUSIVE!!!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Caribbean Suite Double

Poor front office service, starting with luggage handlers, welcoming flower lady and information available at Front Desk!

Room comfort and restaurant service!!

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Caribbean Suite Double

Could have more retail. There's not much to do outside of the resort. Include more activities on sight. The liquor needs to be top shelf and the food could improve.

I liked the fitness center and spa the best the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The suites, pools and overall resort is very clean.

Stayed in May 2016

no complains

great cusyomer service

Excelente

I loved everything

The central pool activities everyday and the people were extremely nice

• Caribbean Diamond (2 Adults)

I saw roaches in my room, and at night cigarette smoke came through the vents

A lot of activities

• Caribbean Suite King

The food at the Islas restaurant was average. It should have more seafood. Also the hibachi restaurant was always overbooked.

• Caribbean Suite Double

The staff need more training.

• Caribbean Suite King

I liked that I didn’t have to make reservations for dinner. We could eat at any restaurant and any time for lunch and dinner.

The food

The room

• Caribbean Diamond (2 Adults)

The attention,attitude and treatment especially from management. The highest ranking the mor arrogance

The installation

There was no don Julio Blanco tequila

At first I thought it was very large the trams made it very easy

privacy room

colazione

• Caribbean Suite King

Bed bugs and roaches in the room

Variety of activities

• Caribbean Suite Double

One of the best resort ever!

• Islander Junior Suite Double

I want to tried tradicional food, like original but they don’t have 😐

The weather was nice, and the good service

• Caribbean Suite King

Although well training, many of the employees appear to be unhappy with their job. This reflects poorly on customer care,

Surroundings

Food!!

• Caribbean Suite Double

More often than not, we were sent wrong order via room service. However we always had a courtesy follow up call to check.

Friendliness of staff

The food

Everything it was perfect

• Caribbean Suite King

The property, not in great condición

Don't value the money I paid

• Caribbean Suite King

A/C quality was very poor

Pool and beach area and restaurants

• Islander Junior Suite King

Not being able to drink tap water.

The quick transportation around the facility

• Caribbean Suite King

I loved the friendly staff, the quality of the food, the room service, it's a whole experience!

• Caribbean Sand Suite Double

Mosquitos in the room!

It's a great resort with a lot to do!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Caribbean Sand Suite King

The ocean was very rough and could not enjoy the beach.

Room, staff, property and food was amazing

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Islander Junior Suite King

I LOVE the facilities and the customer service was superb!!!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Islander Junior Suite King

To be honest, we didn't eat anything good in that property during our 8 night stay, only junk foods.

Entertainment

Too many mosquitos.

Great amenities and great room service.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Diversity of entertainment

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Caribbean Suite King

The food was delicious and the bed so comfy, the beach was so beautiful too

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017