Reviews of Napolitano Hotel 3 stars

Ave. George Washington #51 Esq. El Numero, Malecon, 10205 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#39 of 76 hotels in Santo Domingo

• Standard Room

Shower operation was poor - long wait time for warm water and low water pressure. Water came out of center holes only.

Renovated room and facilities, open air restaurant and good seating in the lobby.

• Standard Room

I prefer carpet on floor of hotel there was tile but overall great bathroom an great amenities in room fridge bar etc ab I loved my ocean view balcony room the window actually opens an u can enjoy the sound of the ocean in the am

I loved the hotel the location was excellent the front desk help were so professional always answered my call I'm definitely would stay here again on my next trip to santo dkmingo there was always sok. Etching going on at the pool am restuarant drinks were awesome night life was nice romantic charming atmosphere I just returned home on Monday

• Standard Room

The bathroom was not well cleaned as there was hair in the shower. The bathroom also had a leak which the hotel moved us for. The new room also had hair in the shower. Hair may not be that big of a deal, but it is indicative of the lack of care the hotel had generally. Also, when asking to move rooms or get keys for the safe, the hotel staff took an exorbitant about of time to arrive. On one incident they told me they were on their way, and but they didn't arrive until another 20 minutes after that AND an additional phone call to the front desk.

The hotel was close to the colonial portion of the city which I liked. The views of the ocean were also enjoyable. The breakfast (which is more expensive here than the rate you can get if you just go directly through the hotel) is pretty nice.

All is well.

A nice location closing to the sea, about 20 minutes walk distance to the ZONA COLONIAL. The hotel is combined with restaurant and CASINO. Breakfast is nice. Wifi speed is acceptable.

• Standard Room

It can be a bit noisy at night with a disco, and traffic by day. I didn't mind but some may.

If you're going to Sto Domingo for the desfile de Carnaval or the Carnaval itself, you can't stay at a better hotel, as this one is overlooking the Malecon from the rooms and restaurant! Plenty of eating options at the hotel or within walking distance. La Puerta del Conde is some 15 minutes walk away (or some 200 pesos by taxi), from where the Zona Colonial is reaches within minutes by foot. I extended my stay with 2 night and the very helpful staff had me stay in the same room. Cajero (ATM) is in the lobby, extremely convenient. The area is safe, but in all cases, don't flash to hard with cameras and jewelry etc during your stay in the city and you'll have a beautiful time!

• Standard Room

I can not think of anything being better.

The view of the hotel room and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was exceptional. It had a variety of food to pick.

• Standard Room

I stayed at this hotel several times. As a result, I stayed away from the hotel restaurant because the food is average at best and they always screwed up my bill. However, once it was in my favor in 2017 when they charged me for a cheesecake rather than a cheeseburger. It may be better now, but I don't want to find out. Also in 2017, I discovered that they wash out room glasses in the bathroom sink, rather than using the hot water of the dish washer.

It is centrally located. To the west are the casinos. To the east is the colonial zone. Finally to the northeast is the Conde (pedestrian street with stores and restaurants).

• Standard Room

The pool is cold, I mean very cold. The food could be better.

The Staffs, very helpful and kind. Check in was fine, the receptionist, I think the name is Luiz was friendly. There is a girl at the bar near the pool, she was so helpful and kind with us, she helped us and managed to understand us even though we don't speak spanish. She wore a brace, we wanted to say goodbye this morning but we didn't see her at the restaurant. We left so early. If anyone reading this, the manager or another staff member, can you please tell the girl with the brace that the young couple who couldn't speak spanish are really sorry to left without her knowing. But we will see soon again.

• Standard Room

I would expect much better breakfast for the price . The bacon was super hard, the scrambled eggs were tasteless.

Confortable bed , nice room, view of the sea/swimming pool

• Standard Room

The main road at the Malecón is very noisy.

The Hotel Napolitano is well situated in Santo Domingo. To Zona Colonial is it a 10 min walk. The pool is ok too.

• Standard Room

During my stay one of the elevator is broken and it is repaired after one day. In the bathroom the fan is broken so the air is wet

It's good the terrazza where have a breakfast. The view is very beautiful. The room is very clean and big. The bed is wide. The position is very good, it's a 15 minute to colonial zone on walk

• Standard Room

Restaurant experience very bad- no one spoke English, so we didn’t get any answers to our questions about the menu. instead of ordered cava I received pink chemical bubble drink, food was just very bad and partly uneatable. If you are looking for a dinner place, don’t pick the hotel restaurant.

Hotel staff excellent

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Standard Room

The maple syrup was clearly spiked with water for my last breakfast. Some of the weekend meals were terrible tasting leftovers

Beltre and Rafael in the restaurant

• Standard Room

Reception stuff are not experienced at all, a bit slow i would say if i may. . There is so much noise during night, literally you can not sleep! Be ready on this, especially on the sea side..!!!

Great location !! indeed.

• Standard Room

The food is just ok and at breakfast is the same every day. One of the elevators was always giving trouble. Thank God there was another one because 7 floors with luggage is not a good thing.

It's right on the malecon. There's a lot of traffic depending on the time of day but there are side streets u can take. The facilities are ok for the price and the staff is helpful. U can change currency at the desk, there's an atm and a casino in the hotel. It is near to whatever activity u like once u have a car, food, bars, club, university. The bar and pool is the place to be though.

• Standard Room

The tv had no cable just basic antenna chanel, poor hot water supply, and pillows in the room for a king side bed were small

The location is exelent, and staff very helpful.

• Standard Room

The staff were great, however the first room was looking straight into the pool. Not much privacy. The second room had no hot water, had to call to get it fixed. The room was comfortable and clean but the building seems a bit old.

Staff was polite, friendly and always accommodating. The rooms were spacious and clean.

• Standard Room

Noisy, on a very busy main thoroughfare with heavy truck traffic. Never restocked towels at pool. Room was smaller than imaged

Courtesous staff especially front desk, with maybe the exception of the restaurant bar area. Older hotel built in the 60's? Windows open in the room which is nice. Great Highspeed Internet 20mb up and down! Nice breakfast buffet with was included in price! AC in room worked well and was controlable

• Superior Room

Its way too noisy. You hear the cars, trucks, people talking, singing, music, motorcycles, etc. all from outside and inside the hotel until 2 am.

I loved the location and the beds were fine.

• Standard Room

The worst service I can see was in the restaurant, a young woman by the name of Xiomara I do not know what happened but apparently I was in that place against her will since the treatment of me and my daughter was not the best, I do not usually Describe how I pass in a hotel but Xiomara made me express myself this way.

Good location..Easy parking lot.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Superior Room

The breakfast was very limited for an american pallet. I didn't care for many of the choices.

The room was spacious and clean. Luis at the front desk is great! The bar and restaurant area is very inviting.

• Standard Room

Napolitano has always been like a second home in the Dominican Republic. Everyone goes out of their way to make sure your stay in the Napolitano feels as your home.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Standard Room

When I arrive to my hotel very late about 10pm the hotel staff said the rooms are full and I said how could this be because I've already reserved the stay. The staff apology but I couldn't accept their apology. I had to go find a place to stay and I wasn't in a mood to go around looking for the place. Luckily he helped us find a place just not too far from here.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Superior Room

We had room for 4 people- first day we had no hot water and only 2 towels, next day we had hot water and only 1 towel, 3rd day we had no hot water, only 1 towel and 1 sheet for 2 beds- those things get very annoying if you always have to peg more. Outside there is a lot of noise- very hard to get good sleep.

Morning omlet station was good. Stuff was friendly

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Standard Room

The roadway running past the hotel is very noisy, constant traffic, beeping horns. It's hard at times to cross the roadway, to get to the sidewalk running along the sea, which is called the Malecon. There are no traffic lights or stop signs so you have to kind of dash across when there is a break in the traffic. The pool area is on the second level right next to this busy roadway so it gets noisy. Everything else fine.

Great location on the sea-front. Short walk to the colonial zone and walled city. Pool was on the small side but clean with not too many people in it. Rooms are a bit dated but for the price one shouldn't complain. Bed very comfortable. Staff friendly and professional.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Standard Room

The door lock didn't work, the security box lock didn't work, the door to the balcony would not lock, there were stains on the carpet. The place was generally run down and basically falling apart. I checked out early and moved to the Jaragua Renaissance which is a magnificent hotel a couple of blocks away and, somewhat unbelivably, cheaper than the Napolitano.

Shower was ok

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Standard Room

The elevator was out of order so there was only one functional elevator for patrons and staff. The hotel also had some renovations going on. Lastly, the picture on the internet makes the pool look bigger and gives you the impressiom your across from the beach. Its not swimmable.

The breakfast was good and the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

The bed felt like I was sleeping on floor they change my room 4 times

If the facility was anything as good as the staff it would have been superb but the facility was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in I do not recommend this hotel to anyone if the staff would be rated I would put them at the Waldorf Astoria the staff was amazing too bad the facility didn't come close if I stay there for free I don't want it the bathroom had some very old dirt on it the faucets where horrible but again the staff was awesome superb excellent but the facilities realizing

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Standard Room

I didnt like that the taxi cab drivers have a language barrier with american wr dont understand them they dont understand us i think you need more taxi driver that speak spanish and English

Everyone there was very nice clean rooms friendly.all yhe stafd treated the guests with respect i qould recommend this hotel to my friends excellent place

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Standard Room

the cab driver that picked us up from the airport drove to fast and we couldnt take any photos was trying to tell him to slow down but he spoke no english the food was not good need some american food/i also asked for single king or queen bed with ocean view i got 2 double beds just need little more english speaking staff/ bed a little hard

on our day of depature we meet with pablo who speaks english cab driver that was excellent he gave us lots of history about the island they need him we are coming back here often and we will stay again staff was great just need at least 1 person w good english

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Standard Room

My Supper filet mignon was cold and sent it back and still cold a steak should be serve on a Plato Currently ( hot plate) I had better supper at the Casino the next night Pork and Rice was excellent Rejean Rivard

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Superior Room

The street below was noisy but when balcony door was closed it was quiet.

I loved to look out right on the sea from my little balcony. The buffet breakfast was great and the pool area lovely.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Superior Room

windows at street side are old and don't block the noise so traffic nosie of main road=maelcon is present in rooms wiht sea view all evening - night - morning at 07.30 monring warm portion of breakfast was served cold, heaters were not set at 12.05 reception desk wasn't staffed as the sole receptionist was taking lunch break at 12.15 it took 30 min to serve 1 pasta for lunch and quality was poor 1 of the 2 elevatos isn't working causing longer then necessay waiting times

pool & bar on 2nd floor have an excellent view,

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Standard Room

Needs some maintenance, only 1 elevator working, needed more than 10 minutes to use it.

Sea view, good restaurant, and good breakfast has a casino. Near the colonial zone (6 blocks away). Prefect for short stays.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Standard Room

The restaurant food was terrible. I ordered paella and the seafood was really overlooked. Left over most of it. Same for the French onion soup -ugh. Go elsewhere for dinner. Breakfast was complimentary and adequate.

Mattress was very good. Room clean and very nice view. View from restaurant very nice and service was fine.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Standard Room

Didn't like the pricing of the products in the minibar, way too high, they could use new carpeting on the seventh floor, and new paint in the halls.

The different variety of local food and if there was something particular that I wanted that wasn't there the chef was more than willing to prepare it .

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Standard Room

Only downside was that they were doing some kind of work on the roof and was very noisy specially early in the morning.

I liked everything about this place i would stay again, great staff, great rooms and view.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Standard Room

The shower was not good. There was a huge nail holding it together.

The breakfast was good. The view to the ocean was lovely. The staff did everything to make us comfortable. We really appreciated this

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Standard Room

For the breakfast buffet, i think the hotel should have varieties of eggs. Not everyone can have have undercooked eggs. I got very sick eating it yesterday. Should be able to have omelets or over easy medium eggs.

The staff is always so nice when I come. Very friendly. The room is always tidy clean.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Standard Room

I was booked for three nights but unfortunately, for some reason, there was no English TV channels and I have stayed at Napolitano every time I go to SD so I only stayed one night as there was somethings I needed to see on Sunday. If you fix it I will retun again.

All except what I put in Didn't like this time

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Standard Room

The TV didn't have enough Channels, only local channels. I hope they put cable TV soon. Other than that we had a great time. I'm planning to visit DR again and we will definitely stay at this hotel!

We had a great time at this hotel, we spentfive days!. Breakfast was delicious my boyfriend wanted pancakes and the captain/waiter didn't mind putting the order specially for him. the was super staff friendly, the room was clean, the cleaning lady is a sweetheart. We enjoyed our visit and we loved the view of the Malecon from our room and from the pool area. Location is the best near everything!

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Superior Room

The window in my room could not lock. They did not tell me everything in the stock mini refrigerator was for sale and not complimentary. They did not tell me I had an option of having a free safe in my room for my valuables. Restaurant menu never changed and the same food got pretty boring quick. The food was not good either. The gym is the size of a closet and only has 3 machines. The pool is very very small. Lot's of prostituation, normal looking woman are working girls being let in by the front desk.

I like the location and activities in the area. The ocean view is also great.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Standard Room

Napolitano it is like my second house!! Every time I go there the staff is very friendly, they go out of their way to please you!! If you thinking of going, not other better place than Napolitano, ask for Ms. Diaz, she would make sure that your stay at Napolitano is the best experience in DR

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Standard Room

The A/C too cold made me sick when I was in and out. too hot outside/ too cold in my bedroom

The location was excellent. the pool area was very relaxing. the breakfast was good. the morning staff always prepare my breakfast the way I wanted.A+. The cleaning lady always cleaned the bedroom very well. I gave her a A +.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Standard Room

I have nothing I didn't like.

This hotel had an amazing view of the ocean. The staff was very friendly and most important it was clean. I will go back to this hotel the next time I go to Santo Domingo.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Standard Room

You can clearly see this is a good hotel that doesn't have enough money to fix the small things. Small things in the shower that can be fixed with a few dollars are left unfixed. This hotel's future can go either way.

The room is nice. The ocean view is awesome.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Superior Room

Bathroom and bedroom very filthy with hairs no proper locks on door Old Bathroom bad shower Breakfast and dinner bad quality Management Should approve accomodatipn and hire professional Cook

Nice location friendly staff

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Standard Room

Receptionists ladies sucks, their attitude, need more customer services, customer come first they stayed with my money until i left...

Bartender named Beltres really nice person, also beds really comfy!

• Standard Room

The Breakfast was really good!

• Standard Room

I pretty much like everything about this place

• Standard Room

extremely noisy due to the bad insulation of the windows, aircon from 100 ago, no thermostatic regulation......

Wish dinner was included

everything was good.

location.

Amazing place

• Standard Room

Good location, staff was excellent and room was great.

Everything was good

The spa

• Standard Room

Water was leaking for the ceiling in the bathroom

The breakfast was a little cold and the eggs had egg shell in it

• Standard Room

The room was clean but dated. Needs a renovation..

Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Standard Room

Just love it I really recommended

no soap in room

Staff attention

• Standard Room

I ASK FOR A MEAT AND TRULY THEY GAVE ME THE WORST PART.

I UNDERSTAND THAT THE CLEANLESS PART IS BECAUSE IS UNDER REMODALATION.

good location, nice staff

• Standard Room

The restaurant and the pool was amazing

• Standard Room

The surprise additional cost when I arrived

Staff, room, taxi service, food, location, security

perfect location, nice staff

nothing!!!!

Food was really good! The pool was not use because it was raining at all time.

• Standard Room

I love the location and the service staff treated us like family members

• Standard Room

Good breakfasts and excellent dinners...cooked to order. Ocean view from room and terrace cafe/restaurant was excellent!

• Standard Room

The breakfast was not pleasant

Lack of hot water

Iris was very friendly

• Standard Room

The standard room was a bit small for my preference , but will book a bigger room next time .

Beds

Everything is old

Tv

Staff

• Standard Room

The room and the Bathroom. Bathroom shower, did not work.