Reviews of Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort 5 stars

Playa de Bavaro, Bavaro, 23301 Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

#30 of 97 hotels in Punta Cana

My first room was actually occupied - All restaurants need to be reserved beforehand.
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

Quality of Food. Room cleanliness (there were mosquitos and dead cockroaches) Service - people spoke only spanish/ tips are expected all the time Facilities - things look nice but always people trying to sell you more is annoying

Variety of Restaurants

the staff were very freindly and helpful. looking forward to our next trip back.
    • Royal Service Garden View Suite - Adults Only

Kelvin was incredible. Very Helpful and always available. Raphael was the best poolside. always had our chairs ready for us and constantly ready to help. wanda and Le{?} at the poolside bar were very helpful and very friendly. all the bartenders were always available and friendly.

Location and frienleness of the staff
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

Wifi would not work, wish there was some that spoke god English at the desk especially since 80 percent of people there are American

Location and frienleness of the staff

Beautiful beach, would go back to Punta Cana but not to that resort.
    • Royal Service Garden View Suite - Adults Only

The food was not very good...we expected much better. The wait staff for the most part had a lot of difficulty understanding English. The beach service was really lacking. Also no Hot tubs....

Beautiful beach

Bad costumer service
    • Premium One-Bedroom Master Suite

I booked a full stay all inclusive for 5 days for a junior suite true booking.com and I entered 2 person's however at checkout it somehow haven't asked me to take make sure if it is 2 person's so it ended up only confirmed for 1 person very weird because who is going to book a full suit for a single person Then when I arrived thy didn't wanna add my wife only if I pay additional 250 per day for my wife and when I showed them that even if I will now go back to booking I will pay the same price for 1 and 2 person's they said they don't care and they can't help me and I need to pay them the additional fee I called booking and thy said that in normal places this would be fixed easy by the hotel but in my place there was no one to talk about it and the workers don't care less to help me and I ended up paying always double the amount and no one to talk to and I couldn't even cancel my old booking because thy won't give me back the money this is very unfortunate and bad service in my eyes and no good costumer service at all very bad

WE HAD A VERY GOOD TIME DURING OUR STAY.

nothing.

Our family stayed in Paradisus Palma Real for one week in the last week of December 2017, we had a wonderful time, we all relaxed and enjoyed our time at the property. We signed up for Royal service this time, it's a great choice. Our butler Alvaro Fernandez is a nice young man, he suggested we communicated in WhatsApp, thanks to his prompt help, everything was very smooth during our stay. The Royal Service Supervisor, Francisco SANTOS, provided a great help to FedEx back our lost goods to our hands, the service is above and beyond and it's greatly appreciated. SO the beautiful beach and gourmet food are given, you just felt the days were very short in that week.

A great place to relax
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

Though the waiters in a buffet were friendly would have preferred a slightly more efficient service. Also if more activities were included in the whole package.

The location, size of the room and choices of restaurants

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

With minor adjustments, this would be a perfect 10 resort.
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

I love this hotel. Its my second time coming here and it takes my breath away every time. This time around we went for a wedding that included a group of 83 people. The way the hotel accomadated the group and made sure we were all in the same area of the hotel was awesome. I did hear other people outside my group complain about things going missing.... like money and clothes items. I believe if valuables are left in the safe, this type of situation wouldn't happen. I also would recommend the hotel to create more night time activities. Gabby beach, which is an awesome bar by the beach with a DJ at night closes down at 11pm. Leaving us with only one other option and that nightclub played mostly house and hip hop music. Its not that i dont love that music, but if i'm in DR, I rather listen to traditional merengue, bachata and music that will help me appreciate that beautiful culture. Steakhouse was ok... our group waited one hour before half the group got its food. My guilty pleasure is the hibachi restaurant and room service. Food besides the steakhouse is freaking awesome. I really love the staff and service provided here. The hotel although has minor flaws always exceeds my expectations.

Not your place if you want to sit and relax
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

Everything is too big. There were too many people everywhere. I did not expect such a huge number of people. First day I went to the beach, there were no beach towels avaialble (the girl told me to come back in 20 - 30 minutes!) and I could not find a chair on the sand. Even worse if the idea was to find a sopt in the shadow! The pool was very busy too and the employees were not very helpful to find me a place to sit down and relax. After walking around under the sun for some minutes, the bar waiter got me a chair that I put under the sun. Next day I realized that I had to do something not polite: stop at the beach early, before my yoga class, get towels and "reserve" a chair under one of the shadow kyosks. Although I would not need them in the morning, I did that... Shame on me. That´s how the system works... :( The buffet restaurant was also very busy at all times (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Although the food and variety were good, the employees were nice and tried to help, I don´t like those lines and walking around carrying my plate to find a place to sit. So I decided to take my meals at alternative hours: late breakfast (after my yoga class), skip lunch (grab something at the beach - hot dog or a snack) and reserve a table at the other optional restaurants for dinner (also included and by menu). Finally, as don´t drink all day long, the "all inclusive" model does not work well for me. Next time I should find a different hotel that fits better my expectations (smaller, not so crowded and not "all inclusive").

The room was excellent; the gardens were perfectly beautiful and well maintained; the spa, gym and yoga classes were just right to balance my stay. The beach is very nice and perfect for a morning or late afternoon walk. The Gabi Bar was the best place for a cup of sparkling wine at the end of the day, with an astonishing view of the sea, the sail boats and paragliders. Peaceful place to sit at the rocking chairs, have the wine, take good pictures and read a book.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Enjoyable.
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

The food could have been better, but overall it was a good experience. I'd been to a few different resorts and most had good afternoon entertainment, this resort lacked that.

The spa was amazing! Best yet in my travels.

Good for the money but not Great
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

Room shower broken light, TV Remote no good, maid service was spotty, in room fridge kept defrosting and and leaving water on the floor, unlimited golf was actually $75.00 per person, per round and the course was par at best, not a typical island course. They upsell you when you check in. We paid extra $45.00 per person per night for premium booze and beach and pool with no kids. Everyone was entitled to premium booze and there were kids on the "no kids beach"-don't pay the extra dollars it was a complete hustle

Beach, Pools, Food, mostly friendly staff

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Amazing resort, worth your trip!
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

I really have nothing that I can complain about from our trip.

The bed was amazing, the pillows were not as good, but ok. The rooms are amazing! And the property has amazing ambiance.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Would like to be reimbursed for my 10 month old who was charged as an adult
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

When I booked through booking.com I booked for 2 people because I was bringing my 10 month old son. However when I got to the resort I learned kids under 12 months are free so I was overcharged for the trip. I should have only been charged for 1 adult, not 2.

Employees were great! Dahiana Moreno was awesome. Loved the facilities very clean. Everyone was so nice. You can tell staff takes pride in their work.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

The good, the bad and the ugly
    • One-Bedroom Master Suite with Garden View

Conditions of the rooms, better draining systems through the halls, be aware that the nice areas showed on the pictures are not included on regular price.

The staff in the dinning area and entrance were very nice and courteous. They work hard to make us feel at home.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Awesome place, outstanding personnel, please take me back there again
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

It was a challenge to figure out the first night how the shower works in our room. The food could be better.

Our assistant at the reception desk Nicole was outstanding, simply the best!

EXCELENTE

NADA

IMPECABLE

Many things in room broken, and poorly repaired

Service is inconsistent

Most buffet food not hot No salsa

all food was excellent

all food was excellent

Everething desgosting

Room to old

Everething desgosting

Room too old and dirty

Room too old and dirty

• Luxury Junior Suite Garden View

the rooms need more renovation, alot of kids there also, price too high for a basic place its a no for me

Wonderful hotel if they fixed the toilet
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

Toilet never worked (2 days)

This property is gorgeous!

Poor service.
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

Service sucked. Under staffed. No silverware. Couldn't get coffee. Not attentive.

Variety

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Super amazing resort

Everything was perfect

Clean rooms, amazing restaurants, huge bathtub

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Outstanding for families or couples

Beautiful

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

a few wonderful days in paradisis
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

initially, the levels of all inclusive were not fully explained

beach, activities, buffet, everything

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Paradisus Junior Suite

No transportation hours of operation for activities

Good
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

One of our Room have filtration problem in bathroom

Food

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Not a returning guest
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

Food not great, and making restaurant reservations has been made very difficult Very isolated location

Good beds

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Entertainment program
    • Paradisus Junior Suite

Mexican and Italian Resturant.

Entertainment program Japanese Resturant

• Reviewed: 23 April 2016

Resort was beautiful and well maintained.

It was almost impossible to get into the restaurants for dinner. Reservations were difficult to get. The bed seemed very hard. No outdoor hot tub and our bathroom Jacuzzi didn't work.

Resort was beautiful and well maintained. The beach and pool area were probably the cleanest that we've every been to.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2015

Facility was clean and staffs were kind.

There were too many sea weed in the ocean. so it was hard to enjoy swimming at the sea. also, the hotel provided the water sports activity in the all-inclusive package. However, the snorkeling was only available once a day, for about 12 people. when we went to reserve, the staff at the office said we should reserve a day before. so we went to the office as soon as it ope trip, we could not do any water sports activity.ned. but the other staff said it is already fully booked. so for our 5 nights of trip, we did not get to enjoy the water sports activity.

Facility was clean and staffs were kind. provided a good quality food and services

• Reviewed: 17 June 2015

Food was very good, beach was great with plenty of chairs...

Confusion on booking with number of people in my room..booked jr suite which sleeps 3-4 but reservation only had 2...paid extra 800 third person but front desk tried to charge me double. Had printout showing current 3 person price thank goodness

Food was very good, beach was great with plenty of chairs and shade..service was good. Front staff was least friendly..language sometimes an issue

• Reviewed: 7 June 2015

O hotel é excelente e a praia paradisíaca.

A insistência dos serviços de divulgação comercial.Achei muito invasivo e acabamos por perder uma manhã toda só para ouvir a proposta de venda.Horrível!!!!

O hotel é excelente e a praia paradisíaca.Todos os funcionários são educados e prestativos.Superou minhas expectativas.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

Resort ammenities, beach location and close proxmity to...

My Booking.com reservation was not on file with the resort an unfortunate glitch that caused our check in to be delayed over an hour till accomodations could be found. To be honest I would book directly with the resort to avoid this snafu.

Resort ammenities, beach location and close proxmity to int'l airport made this an effortless escape to the tropics. Friendly staff, fine food and upscale experience sealed the deal. Highly recommend upgrade to Royal Service - worth it!

• Reviewed: 18 January 2015

We loved the location, orfanization, the food (great...

It's not that I didn't like, but room service for cleaning was confusing sometimes.

We loved the location, orfanization, the food (great restaurants!) and especially the staff.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2016

Spectacular!

Everything was fine

Spectacular! Excellent food too!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

staff was very helpful, friendly, polite, attentive

price was a little high

staff was very helpful, friendly, polite, attentive

• Reviewed: 12 March 2016

Royal service and ocean from rooms are wonderful!

Royal service and ocean from rooms are wonderful!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

Everything was beautiful!

Everything was beautiful! Clean! The severs , room servers , receptionist and grounds were amazing !

• Reviewed: 25 April 2015

Too pricy

Nice restaurants

There are also 14 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.