Reviews of Puerto Plata Village - All Inclusive 4 stars

5.7

5.9

4.8

• Standard Room

Some staff didn’t want to serve us due to certain policies. Example: We arrived at an empty Mexican restaurant at 6:28 for supper but the waitress made us wait standing because it was not 6:30 ( the time for our booking) yet. Example: Chef didn’t want to cut me a slice of meat that I wanted that was more well done because it would make the whole piece look more “white”.

The lasagna was really good. Air conditioning was good.

• Standard Room

The food could have been better I’ve been sick for three days since I’ve been home with a stomach virus didn’t like the food at all and I’ve stayed in other resorts in porta Plata

• Superior Room

Managememt/Lobby staff sucked, lobby bar always closed, the 1 shop (Tylinol, Pepto, Condoms, money exchange, etc)on site closes at 5pm and thats if it was even open for the day, it took 5 days to replace my non working refrigerator, room cleaning is never a complete process (needed to bring clean sheets or towels or washclothes later after they washed the dirty ones) Food was good but not a huge selection for all inclusive, no 24 hour eatery on site period, the snack bar opened and closed at diff times daily, maybe 10 alcoholic drink selection and 1 beer(Presidente) Through all this the staff did there best and was great, friendly to make the most of it in the best way possible. Everyone in that lobby (management/front desk) Terrible customer service, terrible! There the 1st line of customer service defense, the ones you call 1st. Oh yea about calling, no phones work on the resort. If you need them start walking for your disappointment or call on your mobile, same FAIL!!!

All the secondary staff was great/friendly.

• Superior Room

The duvet it wasn't clean, they had to change it. The internet didnt work in my room and I had to speed my time in the lobby.

The hotel was close to the beach

• Suite

water in the shower was cold and sometimes all towels were cleared out so I had to contact reception to get more towels

Great breakfast wit fresh omelette, lovely fruit and good coffee

• Standard Room

There is nothing to like in that place

The staff is very rude. I called in advance to pay and later they wouln’t let us in our rooms because the person who recieved the payment didn’t register it and the one at front desk refused to verify.

No night shows. Rooms were in really bad condition. Telephone didn’t work. Filtration on the walls, hard to open doors, bathtub faucet runny all day and night. No fridge. Looked dirty.

The staff was awesome.

• Superior Room

Everything else was very bad! The supervisor that handled my complaint. The room was initially very bad, the second room was better. They DID NOt have phones in any room. So if there was a problem like no towels, broken light switch, flooded bathroom, you had to walk to lobby. It took hours to get towels!!!!

One dinner, the pernil was perfect!

• Superior Room

The place was very outdated, facilities were poorly maintained, the food was the same for the 3 days we were there. The ac didn't work in the room, the room was full of ants, the beds were hard and unconfortable. They advertise queen size beds, but in reality they are full size beds. drinks were water down. Etc. The only thing this place has going for itself is the friendly staff.

The staff was friendly

• Superior Room

The facility sucks, to be in this type of market and had the rating of 4 stars as they’re claiming to be, they don’t get close to be an one star.! . The facility gave you an impression to in abandoned place Really sucks.!!. This resort is owned by another resort which they accommodated you in this low class hotel. which they use a part of the staff to try to convince you to take a tour to the main facility, which is a 5-star hotel and give you the nice impression, and then they try sell you a 20 years package in they facility. Is a scan ...! Don’t fall for it .!!! Don’t go there .!!!

The staffs very courteous.!!

• Standard Room

Checking-in took very long. The rooms were not ready until 3:30pm, 30min past the usual check-in time and towels were not ready in our rooms either. The rooms are old and only had two sockets in the room that were occupied by the TV and the minifridge.

The golf course and private beach are are within walking distance. They even have a ride that goes to the beach area every 10min. They have many activities throughout the day, including a latin dance class.

• Standard Room

First they did not honor my booking reservation for 14 adults and three children. They charged me extra for the kids! 3 out of 7 rooms had major problems from leaking water all over the floor to major ants to dirty! The most frustrating part is they are not that willing to help! You explain and no apology no anything. Every day I had to go to the front desk to get something fixed in a room or ask for towels at 5 in the afternoon because they hadn’t replaced when cleaning my room that morning. Very frustrating experience!

Staff is friendly and the food is good

• Superior Room

The wooden cabins terrible wifi in public places did not work food was terrible .

Location was nice staff are great with what they have to work with. I enjoyed sitting in the lobby on an evening listening to a man playing the piano. Private beach beautiful great place to unwind or have fun.

• Superior Room

Too many mosquitoes. The drinks were horrible. Room phone never fixed although we requested everyday for someone to check it out.

Friendly staff. Quiet and private.

• Superior Room

Room wasn’t ready when we got there at 9:30pm, there were dirty towels in the tube. The room was dirty, blankets ect were stained. It was not what we were expecting, the comfort was horrible the food was horrible it was very crowded and disorganized. The power went out there were no generators. In a nut shell I will never book there again nor do I recommend it to anyone. The beds and pillows were so bad I left there with a bad neck and back pain. It wasn’t relaxing at all.

• Standard Room

The bathroom it keept filling up not draining and no dark courtains so we was forced to wake up as the sun came up we had to take a cart ride to the beach

The vieuws of nature incredible the staff was on point with the drinks even tho it was a learning staff we had fun with them very kind and ready to help the beach was clean and we could eat there by the bar so that made me happy

• Superior Room

The place is old and the room wasn't the one I paid for. My wife cried all night because it was our honeymoon and I told them and they did nothing to make it look good. It was the worse experience ever. I paid for a Superior and they gave me a regular room. There was no mini bar like they advertised only a small fridge with 2 waters. The adults pool was Close but it was not post it when I booked the trip. The safe deposit was broken. The first night at dinner was a nightmare for everybody, there was so many mosquitos we have to stop eating and go to the room. Next day at breakfast while averyone was eating there was 3 cats walking around from table to table. The cats should be lock and not walking around when people are eating, not everybody like cats. I will NOT recommended this place not even to my worse enemy. Worst place ever to stay.

NOTHING!!!!!!!

• Standard Room

It was damp, condensation running down the walls, bathroom window missing a pane, sink & bath hold no water, as no plugs, had to use a lid off my deodorant.

Probably the food...

The food wasn't that great...However did enjoy the fresh fruit, the coffee and the bread...The room was fine and the grounds we're well maintained...

• Standard Room

We had 3 rooms they were creepy. One the ceiling was leaking. One the wall were broken even the bathroom tiles one the ac wasn't working i reported that in reception and it was never fix. The manager was never in the "resort" and the staff didn't know if the manager was going to come on that day.

Nothing to see there. The staff just sits around and you have to serve yourself.

• Standard Room

Children in the adult pool,,,, staff did nothing, (with rubber rings, and swimming aids) I reported it as I wanted to enter and leave the pool and found it very difficult (children even shouted at me as I tried to push past. Bar staff serving the adults in the swim up bar with the small children at the bar. I reported this,,,,, but an hour later still nothing changed,,,, there is a allocated pool for children ??????? Animation were very bad,,, only interested in the music they wanted to play,,, no idea how to teach aqua aerobics or entertain the quieter guests,,,, mini disco in the only bar that is open at night, so we HAD to listen to the screaming of the animation and the children,,,,,,, should be a separate area for choice. I had no hot water in my room in the 3 days of my stay,,,, I reported it 5 times,,,,,,,, I demanded another room just to shower in,,,,,, the night before leaving,,, the next day I went to take a shower and they had cleaned it prepared it for new arrivals and even took my shampoo....... (so they think I only wanted a hot shower the once??????)

I liked the layout of the hotel,,,,, all of the entertainment was well away from the rooms, so you can sleep without disturbance. The choice of eating in a al la carte restaurant,,, gives you a change of food....... All the staff tried to accommodate any requests asked for.

• Standard Room

The food could have been much better, I actually got intoxicated from it and had to spend more than I did for the resort itself, the public facilities were not always clean

The staff was very friendly and efficient, they go out of their way to make you feel at home

• Standard Room

Definitely don't come here unless you enjoy being scammed and lied to! Even though it's in a beautiful location and fairly inexpensive - you'll wish you had spent the extra money on a better resort. When we got here, we were told that we could go to they're affiliate hotel and use their much nicer beach and restaurants every day. During the unexpected 1/2 hr ride - they told us we had to sit through a 40 min orientation, we were forced to sit and be humiliated and lied to to try to sell us a $5,000 VIP service - then told that we couldn't use the beach or restaurants, then had to take a 1/2 hr ride back - we were so pissed - we missed the beach all together that day. And what we can see at our hotel - the VIP service is a joke! Then I asked at the desk if we had to make reservations for the 2 restaurants, I was told no, then I was told they are only open Friday and Saturday. When I went to ask on Friday (which happened to be my Birthday) when the restaurant was open, we were told we had to make reservations at 9 am and both were full, no exceptions - when I told the receptionist that I was lied to and I just wanted to have a nice dinner for my Birthday and asked if they could make an exception, she got nasty. So we tried to make the best of it and eat in the buffet where I got really bad food poisoning that night. I also have flea bites all over my ankles from the family of flea ridden cats that beg for food all of the time in the buffet. The "steps to the beach" is steps to a little golf cart that is piled up with people that takes you on a 5 minute ride every 15-30 minutes to the beach. Oh and wifi is only available in the buffet during meals - if it's not packed - or you have to sweat your butt off in the extremely hot and humid lobby while you try to connect. Good luck getting a towel at the pool that doesn't stink and get ready to have to constantly say no to the endless "venders" at the beach and the...

The room was ok if you didn't mind the gnats and ants

Everything was horrible, from the front desk service regarding my stay and the booking.com error. I emailed before I got there my stay would be delayed they didn't respond. They overcharged me and took advantage I didn't speak Spanish to overcharge my card. The room was not properly maintained. The beds from the humidity were wet and everything was sticky and gross. The bed had no softness or comfort to them. The bathroom had rust colored water shoot out of it when I turned it on. The walls had bugs on them. Plenty of stains on my pillow cases and pubic hairs in the blankets. Worst experience. The bar/pool/food were nothing special and very unwelcoming. When I went to get a drink I felt I may get something or mugged. The staff made sure to not greet me when I approached the bar and stayed involved in their conversation. Overall worst hotel I could ever have stayed. Stay away!!

• Standard Room

Buffet menú. Very poor. Uncleaned.bad actitudes from staff.coffee served unproperly.oldbtv no ironía no radio. Empty fridge no cordialidad. No showe at night. Shower almost imposible yo regulate old equipamient Properties nota mantained

Swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Standard Room

The WiFi was horrible. First of all, no WiFi on your room/house, only in hotell Lobby, restaurant and around the pool area. However, the WiFi around the restaurant and pool area didn't work very well and kept disconnecting. I think everyone experienced the same problems because the Lobby was always crowded with people trying to access the internet from their mobiles. Too many at the same Line created big problems. I hope they solve this, even really poor 1 Star Hotels tend to have better WiFi thsn this. Horrible considering that everything else with this hotel was really good.

Good overall. Really nice. Value for money.

• Standard Room

No towels we had wait there was a leak in the bathroom . No remote for TV. Pictures look nice but actual rooms look old and broken down . I guess for price not bad .

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Standard Room

absolutely nothing.. place is falling apart.. a rundown motel is 5 stars compared to this place

nothing.. place should be shut dow.. facilities are horrible.. run down hotel

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Standard Room

The doors front and back aren't secure enough it can be pried open easily,.not too much activities,i have a suggestion why not have a bigger buggy for beach transport one is not enough

Pina colada with no alcohol

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Standard Room

Facilities upgrade badly needed and repair of rooms and common spaces. the place is old but quaint.

Yes the hotel is on the old side and could seriously use a renovation. Having said that the hotel had a working very cold A/C. The hot water was very hot and the room was passable. Half the staff is courteous and helpful, the other half needs customer service training. All in all i'd stay there again. I was there back in the 80's maybe i'm just a bit nostalgic.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Superior Room

Check in was bad. I arrived on time and the room was not ready. Not only that but I had to wait over an hour to get to my room after a long, tiring trip. Once there, they had a problem with the washing machine and there were no towels in the room up until the early evening. The usual Discotheque is not working so they are doing the Disco event at the convention center but it has no colored lights or a disco ball, just a dark room with music and drinks. Also the music selection in the pool and beach area could be better if it were a little more knowledgeable. I love rock n' roll and house music and did not get one song of that in 3 days...

The food was tasty and well prepared at the buffet and restaurants. The drinks were fair and the beer was light and good. The room was clean, the AC worked very well. There was hot water in the shower and tap. The beds are comfortable. The ladies that clean the rooms work hard to keep a healthy environment. There where bikes and a football field. The beach is great and the hotel has a shuttle for it. The pool is nice and has a bar in it.

the staff in the lobby sucks no costumer service. the rooms were not ready on time, the shower and bathroom dirty and with mold. not much variety of food to choose from.

just the entertainment group were amazing

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Standard Room

It would have been better if they had a room reserved for us - the resort was full & they didn't know what we talking about when we "tried" to check in. They eventually found an ungodly, old, dilapidated room - shower didn't work, no safe, no iron, no curling iron, and extremely far from all amenities, etc. They didn't offer us another rom when one became available. If it wasn't for the friendly, obliging staff, our vacation would have been a complete wash- out. No more with booking.com.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Standard Room

I had to be changed 3x from the dirty,mold infestation everywhere ceiling,a/c vents,smelled like cigarettes,shower curtain had mold.Very old property needs lots of paint and remodeling.Food was o.k except I saw a small rat behind the man doing my omelet.I would never stay here again nor recommend this hotel.Your better off at a motel.

The bartender at the pool made our days better great spirit.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Standard Room

I don't want to hear the song Mueve LA Macara anymore.😂😂 I enjoyed my stay.

I thought it was adorable I stayed in the villa. Bed was very comfortable,sheets changed daily. The beach was really close and clean.The staff is very friendly and respectful.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Standard Room

The room has mold specially bathroom All the room are out of date are old The tv not working Front desk employees are RUDE. They dont have customer services skill They don't realize that we are the reason why they have job. They ARE SUCKS.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Standard Room

Even though I only drink bottled water and avoid any food that may have been washed with local water, I got very ill. The food on the steam tables was never hot, always luke warm. The bathroom ceiling leaked (from the bathroom above?). Water even dripped from the light socket. The added drop ceiling suggests this has been an ongoing problem they never fixed. The phone did not work. The room safe had the lock removed. The patio door was difficult to open. The room decor was dated and bare. I asked for a room change and the front desk refused. I was not expecting a 5 star resort. But I did expect to stay healthy and safe. I will not return.

My housekeeper and the doorman were the only attentive and conscientious staff I met. The rest of the staff not so much - especially the front desk.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Can't complain!

No joke, I loved every single thing about the hotel! the food was amazing, Friendly staff members, the room was comfortable, pool was clean, the drinks were also amazing! Thank you so much!

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Standard Room

The food and stuff were very nice and attentive.

Our room had bad walls, bad leacks problem and humidity problem. Not enough program activity so guess get bored.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Superior Room

The hotel did have any the amendities they promised there was no wifi in the room. I could not work. The only place there was wifi was in the lobby of the hotel any everyone was sharing that wifi which created connectivity issues. There wasn't even a refrigerator in the room. This was a horrible hotel and for the price it is a ripoff and it is a older facility.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Superior Room

The room was in very poor condition, water was dripping on top of the toilet seat. Waked up to use the bathroom and water was falling on top of me. Was there for a weekend and I am sorry I pick this hotel! The balcony door was broken ! Needed to ask them to send some one to fix that. It was like sleeping outside with that door open like that!

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Standard Room

The structure its beautiful but it's in a really bad shape, our bedroom was not comfortable, an 80 liked air conditioner. The furniture was not only old, but in a very bad shape, including the one in differente common spaces as the restaurant.

The service amazing, the food pretty good.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Standard Room

The old fashioned rooms and dirty bathroom curtains. No verities of the menu.

The rooms are old fashioned with rusty bathroom curtains. No refrigerator, no coffee maker, no tissue. No hair dryer. No electronic room key and only one per room. The covers and bed are super old. The TV are the old fashioned ones. Only 2 towels and you have to wait until they wash them to get clean towels. No directions on the phone in case you need room service. The food taste good but no varieties. Every day almost the same menu. No sea food only fish and lambi. The Italian restaurant the food was good and it was a nice restaurant. They booked the restaurants fast because there's only two. We didn't get a chance to eat at the Mexican restaurant. We had to wait 2 days for the Italian restaurant. The pool are fine and the beach except the beach has a lot of algae. We had a nice time at the buggies rides so not everything was bad. The staff were great though made you feel like home. Our room maid Zeaida Garcia was great. Very nice lady. The disco and the shows for kids and family were nice too. Very nice entertainers. I got to play volleyball at the beach with the staff an aerobic at the pool.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Standard Room

They actually gave me a room that was not even cleaned. Pillow cases smelt like perfume and cosmetics. The trash can in the bathroom did have trash.

Nothing did impress me about this place. It is away from the beach. The staff is not friendly. Food is not good.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Superior Room

THE FIRST ROOM BATHROOM LIGHT DID NOT WORK AT ALL, SO THEY MOVE TO ANOTHER ROOM AND TOILET DIDN'T WORK WELL, SO THEY MOVE TO ANOTHER ROOM WITH NO TOWELS AND WATER TO DRINK. ALL ROOMS WERE NOT REALLY CLEAN AT ALL.

FOOD WAS GOOD, BEACH WAS VERY GOOD, BED WERE OK.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Standard Room

No lights in bathroom. No hot water. Bed is very old. Limited types of alcohol. The disco DJ was terrible.

The price was right as I got it at a discount

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Standard Room

It was a gift for my parents and they hated it. They had to change rooms twice, because one had a leak and the other had no water. It was late at night when a decent room was givrn. The villas are much nicer than just the rooms. Didn't like that the beach wasn't right by the hotel, but at least it wasn't that far. Would I go there again? NOPE!

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

• Standard Room

The hotel in general needs to be renovated. The room needed many repairs. The bathroom was infested with ants. The mattresses, pillows and sheets were all low quality and uncomfortable. The food was average. The liquor was the cheap brand. No premium liquor was available. This hotel is okay for a day pass or good for a one night stay.

The beach was beautiful. The pool was nice. The air conditioning in the room was great. The hotel was inexpensive. BUT you get what you pay for.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Suite

The wifi could have been better for access. Suites should automatically have 100% access...frig could be a little bigger and a microwave for the suites should be included.

Breakfast lunch and dinner was awesome...yes my custom omelettes were extra fluffy.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Superior Room

The food, better wifi, not enough beach towels, I killed 3 big cock roaches, wet floor from ac and refrigerator. I

Most of the staff are very nice. The first 2 days the food was mediocre but it was decent. The bungalows are very beautiful. The

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Superior Room

The front staff was terrible. The food was nasty no variety. The drinking cups were tiny, had to keep getting up to get more drinks.

The beach was the only enjoyment I had everything else was terrible. It was a waste of money.

• Standard Room

Building in bad condition, filtration in the room's roof. Wall wet.

Food is very good.

The food, the room

The pool, the disco and staff

room

beach

• Suite

My room and bathroom leaked from the roof the whole floor was covered in water..there was also no hot water

No A/C in Lobby

• Suite

Food can taste better and the mixed drinks were not good

Clean and friendly

• Standard Room

The room are old fashion. The beaches are far from the hotel. No seafood.

• Standard Room

The staff they are nice and pleasant.

• Suite

The air conditioner no good

• Standard Room

They charge you for something that they don't have. The rooms are so bad

Worst service ever

Everything is good.

Very organized and excellent services.

• Standard Room

Not clean Rooms in dire need of renovation Shower was cold Toilet not flushing properly

Beach

See above

1st night was great but 2nd was terrible as the entire hotel including my room flooded

The food was terrible.

Nothing really

Needs activites more live music

Checking and room

Restaurants

The service was good the food was good

They have Live music,games,and club

• Standard Room

Nothing it was brutal food tasted like rubber room leaked and beds uncomfortable

The rain.

The food was the best and there was plenty of it.

• Suite

Employee didn't return my ID after check in. No vegan food.

Area and rooms.

What did I like ?

I think I’ve said it all

Rooms

Camp

• Standard Room

All the service was really bad

Nothing at all