Reviews of Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana - Adults Only 5 stars

Avenida Alemania S/N El Cortecito Beach, Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

#43 of 97 hotels in Punta Cana

Amazing place to stay!
    • Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View

Service at the restaurants and pool bar was unpredictable. Maybe that is what is found in Punta Cana? The soap and personal items were very cheap given the price per night of this resort. Even the Kleenex was like cardboard. Not enough chairs out in the pool area. Every single bar had music blasting. Just blasting. Smoking is allowed everywhere. Some people chain smoke around the pool, in the pool and at the bar.

Amazing resort, connected to NOW resorts so there was a lot to do. Many pools, restaurants, beach areas to choose from. Premium location and butler service was excellent. Greeted with a warm towel, escorted to the premium club. Easy quick check in. Perfect room location. Beautiful room. Amazing place to stay for adults only.

it was just perfect.
    • Junior Suite with Tropical View

my boyfriend was cut by some crystal or something sharp in the pool. but, it wasn't serious and the hotel system for emergency situation was good.

it was just perfect. i went there for vacation with my boyfriend. everything was perfect and fabulous.

Everything about my stay here met or exceeded any expectations I might’ve had. I had a fabulous time
    • Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View

I can’t think of even one thing to put in this “what you didn’t like” category. Everything was just great!

Everything was wonderful. Every staff I ran into was exceptional – happy, helpful, and professional. The facilities and the food and everything was just fantastic!

I good chance to relax and read. The staff was excellent, very helpful, accomodating and courteous
    • Junior Suite Pool View Double Beds

A reading lamp would be nice. Television guide in room basically unrelated to the mish-mash on the screens. Fox News is the most watched cable news in the USA and was listed in the guide but absent from the set. The bathroom is excellent but the stone floors slippery when wet but I know carpets are a no no in the tropics with humidity and insects.

The room was very comfortable. The bed and linens were fine. Bathroom excellent except for slippery floors.

Fair
    • Junior Suite Tropical View Double

Location of roomwas poor, entertainment really was bad. I have stayed at 3 addition AMC facitities and they where great. This one left a feeling that this might be the last AMC I will stay at

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Nice choice for our first all inclusive resort
    • Junior Suite Tropical View Double

The food was adequate. Although there are several restaurants on the property, selections for breakfast and lunch are very limited. Guests had to purchase overpriced rafts from the gift shop; it would have been nice if the resort supplied these. Also, the pools closed at 6PM and drinks were only served from 10AM to 6PM.

The rooms were very spacious, and the staff was extremely friendly. Our friends had a beach wedding which was beautiful. There were several activities each day that were free, which made our stay even more enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Great resort, would go back
    • Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View

Because of the orientation of the buildings, half of the balconies got no sun at all and the other half lost the sun mid afternoon. Buffet restaurant somewhat disappointing. Mexican restaurant v. slow and noisy

Seaside Grill Restaurant was excellent, provided you paid for Preferred membership. All staff extremely friendly. No booking required for most of the themed restaurants

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Not an exclusive resort by any means. If you like peace and quite in exclusive elegance.. don't go.
    • Preferred Club Junior Suite Partial Ocean View

Not exclusive, poor customer service from management. Cold food. Noisy. Don't bother with Preferred Club Upgrade. Beware of hard sell of their Timeshare.

Friendly waiting and bar staff.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Great place, my second visit and I am coming back
    • Junior Suite Pool View Double Beds

Expected warmer welcome, maybe a welcome gift as a returning guest, especially when I was celebrating my birthday there. Still a bit overpriced but if you go for secret deal or wait for special deal you get reasonable price. This hotel is top and definitely worthy to pay a visit.

I loved dinners, several great places to go and dine. Amazing staff all around, great pool bar and beautiful beach.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Great time overall
    • Junior Suite Tropical View Double

The hotel seems like it could use a little updating. The staff got a few of our bookings wrong for dinner/the spa. The entertainment was geared to a slightly older crowd.

Staff was friendly. Food was good. Grounds were pretty. We liked that we could go to Now laminar for a change of scenery.

Punta Cana's Best value
    • Junior Suite with Tropical View

Not much to not like. Met all my expections for a 4 or 5 star resort.

Staff was incredible. They really made you believe they truly enjoy their work.

Service

good food comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Great time
    • Junior Suite with Pool View

Check out and the people at reception, nothing comparable with the rest of the staff

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Didn't expect time share presentation paying $350 night
    • Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View

My wife got some sort of bug bite all over her body

People were great

• Reviewed: 14 December 2015

The staff were excellent.

The resort was not very well maintained. Shoddy workmanship/craftsmanship particularly in bathrooms throughout the resort. Thankfully we were allowed access to the resort next door because the dining options at Secrets were very limited and food was just average. It's unbelievable in this day and age they did not offer free wifi. Our friends purchased wifi for $25 for 25 hours but it was very spotty

The staff were excellent. Friendly, lively, helpful and welcoming. The beach was very nice also

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

The staff were very friendly and the food was very good.

The housekeeping needs to be greatly improved. I was charged approximately $80.00 US more than what I was quoted by your Company. The high pressure sales by the Unlimited Vacation staff. After doing some research, realized that they are not entirely honest and open with the information about the club. Happy I did not sign up.

The staff were very friendly and the food was very good.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2015

Food was good but not outstanding. The sister property Now restaurants were better than the Secrets side with the exception of the Sea Side which had good food. Be prepared to have people try to sell you things such as day trips. They aren't annoyingly aggressive but with this being my first trip to a resort like this I wasn't aware that this was normal. Internet was not free so be prepared to either go with out it or pay $25 for 25 hours.

The entertainment crew is awesome! They were super friendly and engaging. My husband was always doing some sort of activity when you can earn “hotel money”. Which during our stay we were able to bid with our “hotel money” in an auction to get some rum to take home. Our room had an spa bath on our balcony which was lovely. We could hear live jazz music playing from the plaza while we were on our balcony. Great location as the pool is very close to the beach and the lunch area. We always felt comfortable and safe at this resort.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2015

Far far away from 5 stars hotel.

Far far away from 5 stars hotel. If you are a young couple stay away.adult only mean pensioners only. The beach area is very low level especially if you expect a carribian beach. The hotel tried to charge us twice on the room. We paid 407 dollar a night "all inclusive" and when we want to use the Internet the price was additional 25 dollars a day!!. The spa was unprofessional at all. The stuff was nice but the facility is from the 90s. I traveled all over the world and been in a lot of resort but this resort value for money is rediculas!!!! Stay away Food also is very very a average quality.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

The staff works hard and are good at what they do.

Room wasn't ready at three, be ready for a time share sales pitch. Food was below average. Not all restaurants opened daily. Poor communication on where you could or could not eat, what to wear to restaurant and reservations for some, but not for others

The staff works hard and are good at what they do. The entertainment is great.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

My wife and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary at this...

My wife and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary at this beautiful resort, and enjoyed every minute of it, Staff was friendly and more than willing to help, our room was beautiful and very clean, the food was great and had a lot of variety + there were at least 7 restaurants to chose from between this and their neighboring hotel. I was great

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

The staff were friendly from day one.

We had a dinner reservation and they had told us it would be 20mins, we went away and came back and then they said it would be 45mins but they had been letting all the other people in even though they had given us a buzzer. However I do have to say I went and asked if they could still accommodate us and we were able to sit outside, not ideal but they took care of us.

The staff were friendly from day one. The resort was very clean and we always saw staff members cleaning and clearly caring about the resort. The food was a worry for us but it exceeded our expectations. I think food In a foreign place can always have its bad points but the positives outweighed the negatives. The entertainment group were good fun and the pool was an enjoyable area for us! 10/10

• Reviewed: 18 April 2015

Loved the staff, the endless beautiful days by the pool or...

Loved the staff, the endless beautiful days by the pool or beach, and the flow of drinks. Thought the facilities were beautiful and always super clean. Great bathrooms - wanted to take multiple showers a day. Loved the turn down service. Food wasn't perfect but good for an all inclusive with lots of variety. We didn't take advantage of many activities and at times would have enjoyed a bit more peace and quiet, but we were super please overall.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2015

Atlantic side.

Resort & choices of restaurants for dinner. Palms on beach were amazing!

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

Everything.

Everything..food location accommodation staff friendliness and weather

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

Location ok

Food was horrible. I don't care for all inclusive properties. Pool was filthy!!

Location ok

• Reviewed: 30 September 2015

Very nice property with really nice staff and service.

Very nice property with really nice staff and service.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

Lack of quality wine for a decent price.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2015

Size of the resort perfect.

Size of the resort perfect. Not too big not too small with many activity/dining options. Activity staff went above and beyond expectations.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

The Staff was incredible.

The Staff was incredible. Coco, Shequita, Anna J, Jennifer, Fernando and many many more I can't name

There are also 12 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.