Reviews of Grand Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames – All Inclusive 5 stars

Playas de Uvero Alto, Uvero Alto, 11510 Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

#86 of 97 hotels in Punta Cana

Everything was amazing, STAFF was OMG off the charts great...

I did not like that the water park was closed during our entire stay and we did not know about it prior to booking.

Everything was amazing, STAFF was OMG off the charts great and friendly.

My worst experience in Punta Cana
    • Family Suite (2 Adults)

They were closing the property for re-construction and they did not mention it. We selected this hotel for the 6 restaurants and the water park that it had and they were all closed. They only had one restaurant available. On top of this , the staff was pushing us to leave the hotel so that they could leave for vacations. They also told me that they could not serve me drinks because they did not have cups available due to the fact that they were closing the hotel. It is not good to pay for “everything included” and not been able to get something as basic as a drink. It was my worst experience in Punta Cana. I won’t recommend this hotel to anyone. They stopped cleaning some areas of the hotel and it was impossible to use the beach due to the high amount of Sargazo pilled up in the shore.

The only good thing about this hotel was the staff . They were very nice, especially Leonardo (Mes amis) at the pool bar.

Do NOT book this hotel!!
    • Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I didnt like ANYTHING about this hotel! The ccbeck in process was really long and the staff was undertrained, Then they tell you you have up to 2 devices for free for wifi usage and then you have to pay $20 dollars for wifi. The food was hideous, the buffet, the restaurants! Anywhere! We got there on Wed and we try to make a reservation for a restaurant only to be told that they didnt have any availability until saturday (we were checking out on friday) we told the lady at the resevation counter that we were very unhappy with the treatment we were receiving since we even had to call to have towels sent to our rooms since they didint put any at the time of our arrival, and just beacuse of that she got us a reservation on a meditarrean restaurant... WORST FOOD EVER!! Over all, i would not recommend this hotel not even to my worst enemy!

The waterpark was OK for the momey.

Sirenis first impression
    • Family Suite (4 Adults)

My room had no wall outlet for the coffee maker. The fan and AC were both together and couldn't be operated separately. The buffet food needs more variations, some food was repeated despite having theme nights. Also the buffet were only opens for 2 hrs for each breakfast, lunch and dinner, should be extended another hour at least.

We'll i like the aesthetics of the resort. For its price range it looks very nice. The animacion staff plan events for people to participate or to watch participants play which united everyone. Also I enjoy the shows the animacion team showcases every night, they are very entertaining and fun to watch with family

Hotel is not well kept
    • Family Suite (3 Adults)

Staff was inefficient We paid for 3 people They give internet excess for 2 They were fighting for Internet excess for one person It is written 5 Star Hotel is not more than 3 Star .

An OK stay in the DR
    • Family Suite (4 Adults)

Water park wasn't great- left after 15 minutes. The hotel didn't have food all through the day- just certain times. The drinks were never made the same way twice. The hotel didn't offer a transport to or from the airport- make sure you book taxi online before! Ate at the Americana restaurant and the wait for food was insane and the food they did serve was not great- Its hard to screw up onion rings, pizza, buffalo wings, and cheesecake- but they did. The seaweed all over the beach was disappointing- we did see then cleaning it off the last day we were there.

The view was great. Our concierge person was great- got our dinners booked and helped with our Scape Park- Blue Hole- excursion. The foam party was great our family had blast. The buffet was great- they always switched the menu up to give you something different every night.

The Staff made the trip worth it!
    • Romance Double Room ( 2 Adults)

We reserved the ROMANCE ROOM, took a shower when we arrived and it flooded the bathroom! The "Casino " was small and several slot machines didn't work.

The staff went above and beyond to rectify this unpleasant situation. Franklyn was AMAZING, he gave us a room that was better and dining in the Specialty Restaurants! Great customer service!

My stay at the Sirenis Punta Cana started out dreaful but, turned out being an enjoyable one!
    • Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

When we first checked in, we were placed in a room all the way down close to the beach but, we could not see the beach and it was suppose to be "ocean view". The bed was VERY HARD and uncomfortable and the room was dated (with roaches) but, arranged nicely. We moved to a closer room the following day and we just could not stay in that room as it smelled, the bed was falling apart and it was even more dated as far as the furnishings. It was also smaller...did I say it smelled? The third room we moved to was a much newer room that was recently renovated. It looked clean, smelled clean and the bed afforded us a peaceful, restful, comfortable sleep the rest of our trip. The meals were good, not exceptional but, good and the same for the nightly entertainment that was provided. The one thing that I disliked was being "hustled" and "harassed" by the vendors that came in on certain days to sell their crafts. Also, by being mislead and harassed by the so call concierge at the hotel which I found to be rather useless...a waste of hotel money. Otherwise, the housekeeping staff, restaurant staff and front desk staff were all very pleasant. The beach party was a horrible and dreadful event... it needs to be revamped QUICKLY and some kind of effort be put into it!!! The resort needs more events to keep the guests more engaged and give them more choices as far as things to do while on property. There should be a live band every night as an option instead of having to deal with those dreadful shows night after night. While the entertainers may be somewhat talented, their routines also needs to be revamped just like the beach party... sorry!

I like the room that they finally assigned us to after having to go through two other horrible rooms and wasting an entire day of our precious vacation time by having to go back and forth to the front desk. The front desk staff were very pleasant and accommodating, especially a young lady by the name of Sandra. The food was average, nothing that wowed me. The entertainment was also average... it was just something to do, nothing to look forward to. The routines are too much alike so, if you see one, you have seen them all EXCEPT for the Circus show which was outstanding!! ...BRAVO!!!

We arrived early at the time of check in and there was no...
    • Family Suite (4 Adults)

We arrived early at the time of check in and there was no room available for an hour, we lasted more than an hour waiting for the room, we were given a room on the second floor without a lift when we had babies and cars we asked to change it and when they could change us they accommodated us to a room without a towel, without sheets for the sofa beds or pillows a disaster.

Included wi-Fi,It is preferable that they charge you in the...
    • Standard Double Room (1 Adult)

Go home

Included wi-Fi,It is preferable that they charge you in the package and they tell you that it is free to have to pay in the desk a ridiculous amount for wifi that you can not use in the whole hotel

Basic
    • Standard Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Basic for your money. Big push on seeking you their memberships (up to $150,000) though can't leave enough towels in room, fill mini fridge with water or drinks for kids. Furniture was very dated and mostly broken. Beds so soft that floor was comfy

the food at the restaurants was very good, plenty variety

The water rides for the kids but too much locals on the...
    • Standard Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

More cleanliness, more communication. Paying for wifi, that should be free everywhere and only adding it to one phone.

The water rides for the kids but too much locals on the week-end.

It's ok....

The food was not as good as we thought, the service is really bad especially those who wanted to sell vacation timeshares. Very rude.

The waterslides for the kids and nighttime shows

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Resort is 3.5 stars...not 4.
    • Tropical Junior Suite (2 Adults)

When I first arrived they stated they didn't charge me the correct amount for deposit and tried to charge me $1000 more overall then my Canadian price on booking.com and charged me US dollars when I checked out. I checked in and went to the room and the front desk called me back down and stated I have to pay more. It took me over an hr on the phone with booking.com to ensure they charged me the price on booking.com and not extra. However, I ended up paying what the hotel wanted me to pay when I left and I did not have time to sit on the phone again with booking.com to resolve the issue as I had to catch my flight. I did not like the rudeness of some of the staff. I am visibly not of Caucasian race and neither is my partner. I experienced direct discrimination from a server when I was seated next to a Caucasian family near the lobby. Me and my partner were not asked if we would like a beverage, although the entire Caucasian family was. I did not enjoy feeling like I was 'less than' during my stay due to not being a member of the VIP program. They really make you feel like your separate and treat you worse. I was not given any perks although the purpose of my trip was for my birthday. There is no free airport shuttle. There is no free wifi and even though you buy it, you cannot use it on other devices. They are usually late for the buffet and were over capacity causing us to sit with strangers to eat our meals. When it rained they didn't have activities. The food was average and sometimes lacking as they have the same foods everyday just arranged differently with no difference of variety (salads, fruits, desserts & barely ever any seafood...dissapointing when visiting a tropical place). They charged me $150 after I checked out and returned to Canada and I have no idea what it was for.

The property overall was very beautiful and I enjoyed the water park.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Dont waste your money, I can't recommend this hotel
    • Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

This hotel is not 5*, it is 3* max! The only plus of the hotel is a large area, and the Caribbean Sea. And that's all. This is not the pros of the hotel, it's nature. Russian tour operators bring a lot of tourists in this hotel. Normally it is impossible to eat in the restaurant, because first of all the crowd of tourists sweeps away everything in its path , second poor assortimet. Smaller amounts of fruit I have not seen anywhere else. On the mango was conducted real hunting!!! In place of the fresh juice always stood empty pitchers. Themed restaurants are not bad, but the supply of food disgusting - just throw you a bowl on the table, sort it out themselves who ordered what dish. Waiter and drinks were waiting for 20 minutes. There are very few people. The room is different from what is shown in the photo. - Dirty pool (floating debris, at the bottom of the sand from the beach) - Towels in the room with holes - Bathrobe brought only on the second day - Paid wi-fi - you need to pay for each device - Service in the restaurant is worse than in the diner at the gas station The hotel has a water park ... which is much dilapidated. There's a few people, and the impression that all came to see for the first time and no more will come. It was a bad moment during the eviction of the room: the man at the reception wanted to "tear off" (so it seemed) $ 20. And for that, he was not able to explain. First, he said that we do not pay extra for a room (I showed him a check with a larger sum due to exchange rate differences), then he demanded a check of the Internet - although his colleague set up us on a device wi-fi (without it you simply can not use the interenet, because they set up their devices and more), we were told to look for a copy of the check in his papers - because the stand it was no longer possible. We just left because you could stand there forever.

Photos of the Hotel on the booking.com website. Фотографии отеля на сайте booking.com (потому что они отличаются от увиденного)

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

NOT value for money , NOT 5 star EVER.
    • Standard Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

We paid twice the amount for our booking than all the other english here,staff were very unfriendly,food was edible, NOT 5 Star EVER,complained constantly over broken items in room eventually after 6 days we were offered a room change , the only decent person is the assistant manager CARLA, make sure to only speak to her with your many problems.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

The beach, the landscape, the facilities, the food, some...
    • Standard Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Check in and check out, the mosquitos, the drinks, some staff member were too flirty. They need to fix the mold in the bathrooms

The beach, the landscape, the facilities, the food, some staff were awesome

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Dont waste your money go somwhere
    • Standard Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bathroom was hideous nasty full of mold and very uncomfortable. The beds were very hard n uncomfortable to rest on. No wifi!!!!! Some of the staff were nice and friendly but most of them were unfriendly. Bars were too over crowder n it was very hard to get a drink n the reason why is bcus there was like 3 bars for the whole resort!!!

I only liked the beach and the theme restautant even tough you have to make reservacion prior 5pm if im not mistaken

Needed more employees to accommodate hygiene

Needed more employees to accommodate hygiene

Poor don’t like
    • Family Suite (2 Adults)

The food is not good

Only the rooms

La playa.
    • Romance Double Room ( 2 Adults)

La playa.

Overall was not too pleased

The English breakfast type food

The Dominican republic food.

Adequate needs updating

Paying for wifi

Near beach

not sign on roads for locate hotel

rooms

old

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Excellent place to take your childrens.

The discotec is a little bit bored.

Well the tv is very old, that is all I can say, the rest was very good.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

terrible hotel, I will not back

Food Staff services room The hotel need to improve complete

Italian Restaurant Check in and Out

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

The rooms are very old .

The rooms are very old . We have to remodel

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Try elsewhere....
    • Tropical Junior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The staff were rude and unhappy. The place itself needs some money spent on it, the pools need drastic cleaning.

Leaving.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Beach bar staff

The bedroom are terrible.... Bad matress bad pillow smelling mold and cigarrets bathtub whit white paint and durty restaurants empty and the aren't able to eat without reservation

Beach bar staff

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Room was dirty, pillows and sheets were smelly even after they changed them. Pool was dirty and old. Food was ok but far from perfect. No free WiFy no room service even though is advertised as 5 star resort was barely 3 star. Views are horrible there is no ocian views the resort looks like a military complex. Poor employees are paid only $250 a month so don't expect them to be happy during your stay. Defiantly look for other resorts before booking this one.

Weather.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2016

The staff and the local people were very friendly.

That we had to leave.

The staff and the local people were very friendly. The food and drinks were plentiful and good. The entertainment shows every night were good too. Honestly a great place and bargain. Steakhouse and Jade were the best restaurants. I will be coming back to see all of our new friends! Special thanks to Miguel in Entertainment, Maybe from the Bars,Rosanna our concierge, and Alexandria our sweet house keeper from G tropical side. Also Alejandro scuba diving is awesome it was our favorite part of the trip!!

• Reviewed: 2 January 2016

One of my worse vacations ever.

One of my worse vacations ever. * Service over the phone – very bad. Every single time we called they couldn’t locate our reservation * Reception Service – the check-in process took over an hour. We arrived at 4 PM, yet our rooms were not ready yet. * Room – absolutely horrendous. No resembles what so ever to the photos posted on the web. Old, stinks of mold. Dirty sheets. * Food – mostly not tasty. Some of us got diarrhea. Needless to say more. Absolutely not recommended.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2015

Beautiful beach and great slides.

No internetunless you pay and at first our room's bathroom didn't work.

Beautiful beach and great slides. Beware of the green one though you can hit yourself.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

WIFI system very expensive and not always online. The guest need more info about the restaurants and the themes. Some Restaurants were not open during our stay.

entertainment show very professional.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2015

Absolutely nothing.

It has buffet services and they were always running out of food. there was flies on the food, and we went to go eat dinner at the Italian restaurant and they was a cockroach on the floor by the food area. The room was terrible as well full of rust stains in the bathroom with cracking ceilings and dirty curtains etc..

Absolutely nothing. I have filed a complaint with the hotel about their bad maintenance, terrible food and bad customer service

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

The diversity of the food was excellent, the pool was great...

Hope to not the next stay they would have a golf care to the customers from the resort to the aqua game location. Hope that WIFI would be available in all areas of of the hotel.

The diversity of the food was excellent, the pool was great, i love the aqua game area we had a lot fun. This place was clean and the landscape was beautiful would definitely recommend this place to my friends and families.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

Entertainment ok but if u didn't want to watch this...

Location- in the middle of nowhere, no where to walk to,

Entertainment ok but if u didn't want to watch this there was nothing to do in the evenings

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

Las habitaciones muy cómodas

Hay que mejorar Animación Incluir animación En el área De La piscina poner música hacer juegos más divertido que incluya a los niños

Las habitaciones muy cómodas Comida muy buena Todo muy limpio

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

the staff was very friendly the food was great

the reservation department was very rude and not polite i try to fixed a reservation and want to charge more that the webb page wend i made the payment on the webb dont pay at the hotel.

the staff was very friendly the food was great

• Reviewed: 29 June 2015

Beach and outdoor facilities were good.

Spent two out of four days without hot water; customer service was very poor and unresponsive; food had a lot of variety but was not tasty.

Beach and outdoor facilities were good.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

nothing :(

don't lie about review there all the opposites!! I check out the second day! they kept making promises that they didn't do :( plus the restroom was with mold in the shower

nothing :(

• Reviewed: 22 May 2015

installations are good and the variety of the buffet is...

Reception: they are rude, they don´t give solutions to their problems and they talk to you with an arrogant attitude. Servers: really bad service, they´re unable to say goodmorning (when we were the only guests in the restaurant). They were nice just the last day of our stay, because some chain bosses (we guess) were in the hotel and they were handling reviews to all the guests. In general, the worst service I have ever seen (and I've worked at many different hotels). We´ll never come back for sure! What´s more, the hotel was so so far from Punta Cana. People said that it is a dangerous zone because it is alone.

installations are good and the variety of the buffet is great. We also liked the idea of making different food from different countries everyday.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

The concierge Josue Santos, did a excelent job,muy atento y...

The concierge Josue Santos, did a excelent job,muy atento y servicial. Excelente servicies

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

Weather was warm.

Hotel managers only concerned with making money and not with customer satisfaction.

Weather was warm.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Nice beach

bed service bed food not the entire facilities are allowed to every guest old and moldy rooms

Nice beach

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

nature

Location, restaurants, thieves in the hotel, high prices, obsessive traders, slow service reception quality excursions.

nature

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

We love it all

We love it all

• Reviewed: 5 September 2015

Aqua games and animation super

The worst reception staff that I never met, especially night staff

Aqua games and animation super

paid wifi

food, overall love it

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

The WI FI and bathroom.

Everything, except the bathroom and WI FI.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2015

The entrance security guard, needs to be more welcoming,...

The entrance security guard, needs to be more welcoming, this was my first impression and it was not good. Very rude.

There are also 14 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.