Reviews of Sunscape Puerto Plata All Inclusive 4 stars

Carretera Luperón. Km. 5, Playa Dorada, 57000 San Felipe de Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

#5 of 22 hotels in San Felipe de Puerto Plata

Excellent place for all members of the family.
    • Deluxe Double

Need a little more organization with the check in, missing some identification for know if the persone is check or not.

Excellent place for all members of the family. The food was great and the staff was very helpful and friendly.

I rather have gone to a more quieter, peaceful resort with better food.
    • Deluxe Double TPL

The vacation timeshare offers at check in and too many local people allowed at resort. Food wasn’t that good either.

The staff at the resort were very friendly.

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Double

Aside from the room there was nothing good. The food wasn’t good. The night entertainment wasn’t good. The drinks weren’t good.

The room was modern and clean and comfortable

Beautiful resort with a friendly staff for the most part.
    • Deluxe Double

I reserved a room with a king size bed because I'm 6'6. When I arrived I was told one was not available and two beds were pushed together instead. I was very disappointed with this and the lack of effort to fix the problem. It wasn't until 3 days later that this was finally rectified by Gladys at the front desk. She understood why I was upset when I showed her the reservations. This ruined my comfort and enjoyment for half of my weeks stay.

I enjoyed the variety of meals that were available and the willingness of most of the staff to make sure I had a great experience.

Left me wanting much more
    • Deluxe Double

Let’s start with the rooms which for me is one of the first impression that really matter. Rooms were not all that modern ,in fact you can still sense the life of the old hotel management. The facility it’s self needs some upgrades when it comes to infrastructure and handy work. The bathroom in the room didn’t give me a sense of clean and Room service is a myth; no one came in to change towels or ensure the mini fridge was ok. Second impression ; food. I eat because I had to and basically what I would make at home myself ; for a hotel in DR and in a beach location the menu had zero to no sea food and the little it had was mostly fried. I was there two days and one night and basically ate the same food everywhere I went. Entertainment during the night show needs to have better management; costumes of some of the ladies were not in good shape; even saw some ripped pantyhose and bras showing all over.

The beach is good; playa dorada beach is always good. The hotel size is ok, not too big not too small. Everything was easy to find. Staff was generally nice but nothing that left a mark.

It was an amazing vacation and I can’t wait to go back to this resort, for at least a week!
    • Deluxe Double

I didn’t like that the drinks were so watered down to the point where I felt like I was drinking juice

I loved the food and how peaceful it was at the resort!

Very good attentions by the people that work there!
    • Deluxe Double

Some people inside offered me to give a massage for free but when I fallow them so they started to talk to me about to pay certain amount of money which will include the massage and some things else☹️

The way people treated me!

Staff was very pleasant and accommodating.
    • Deluxe with Pool View

WiFi was horrendous no matter where you were in the resort. No pool lounge chairs available unless you woke up at 6am to “reserve” them by placing a towel or belongings on it.

Ease of attending restaurants for dinner. Proximity of room to pool

great stay for the price
    • Deluxe Double

I moved from a downstairs room because it looked old.

The staff was the best part of the trip. I enjoyed the drinks and food. I missed out on two restaurants because they were closed a few days. overall the stay was wonderful. I moved from a downstairs room because it looked old.

every detail at sunscape is taken care of... recommend to all...best value also....
    • Deluxe Double

have stayed there 4 times.... every time is better.... like everything.....

top to bottom wonderful.....the staff is the best...... the managers are great, both named Santana... one in reservations the other president manager... the only thing I would change is lenght of stay from 1 week to 2.....the grounds are beautiful, rooms are very clean and well maintained.....

It was pleasant, if we remove the sales attenpt
    • Deluxe Double

There was a “VIP” team trying to pressure me into buying vacation membership. It was unpleasant to say the least. When I’m on vacation I’m don’t hear about sales pitch, I just want to enjoy my vacation and not waste 3 hours of my precious time listening to the sales pitch, with the pressure that came with it. Should not be done.

The proximity to the beach

Constantly full of delicious food, surrounded by smiling faces, escaping from all stress.
    • Deluxe Double

The beach honestly isn't the nicest. Right in front of the resort leaves something to be desired. But a quick walk in either direction and the water is crystal clear and super fun for snorkeling.

Really nice staff and food available at all hours. Loved our room and were upgraded to an even nicer suite when we came back for a second night. People were super friendly and always looking to help, and there's a ton to do.

Comfortable
    • Deluxe Double

THEY didn’t have rooms with just one bed. I stuck to beer because there drinks weren’t that good.

Great staff! Small and private place. Great if you’re looking for a quiet night away.

Spa was great love it !
    • Sun Club Junior Suite

We had 2 beds together was uncomfortable. We was supposted get kind size bed that’s what we pay for we was sinking in the middle! One of the taxi driver was nasty because he didn’t want us to take another one . We felt safe with the one we had from the night b4 .

My wedding was AMAZING!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Germy Almonte the wedding coordinator is beyond excellent!! Juan Carlos is amazing, Gladis and Cristy at the reception are fabulous, Perla and the crew at the spa are truly professionals and lovely! Yahaira from housekeeping is a gem and Justino is also great! The entire staff are “EXCELENTE”

Everything was perfect!
    • Sun Club Junior Suite

No hot water while showering! No one party at the Disco on resort! Refrigerator wasn't cold! But my stay was well worth my money. Will go back again. Next year even!

Everything was perfect! The staff was great!!! Their customer service was amazing.

Sunscape where the staff is great, but the facilities could be better
    • Deluxe with Pool View

The room the AC was not working when I arrived and the wifi was no good. The disco is no good at all.

The staff and food is great. The spa is good as well as the pools. The shows in the night are amazing.

I like the stuff in the food
    • Sun Club Superior

They didnt send me a notification. That the been repairing. Or fixing the big pool .in the know the has beach pool in everything so we going to. Wet 75 percent of the day why we can go to coco cafe or the some restaurant the ly always make me put my clothe on

I like the stuff in the food

The entertainment in the property was good.
    • Deluxe Double

The food, the alcohol additive for an example the juices weren't that great. It made the alcohol to sweet. The food wasn't that great the burgers didn't taste like real meat. The beach wasn't that great but it could be the time of season that we are in.

The entertainment in the property was good. The employees are friendly and you have a mini bar in the room that is refilled in the room everyday. You do get alcohol everyday. My favorite was the foam party in the pool. I did attend a wedding which was very nice and beautiful. The wedding food was good.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Good clean resort and nice staff but food could be better
    • Sun Club Superior

Food choices weren't great. Seemed all restaurants had same food and not a big selection. Buffett didn't change. Need more food choices.

Staff was very friendly. They kept the resort very clean and were on top of maintenance

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Overall, a nice resort
    • Deluxe Double

The "sales pitch" for the membership of the Sun Club. At the very end the person we dealt with was aggressive and offensive.

The location is great, the spa is wonderful. Trip was good until we sat for the presentation of the Sun Club. We were told that it was 90 minutes-turned into 3 hours, and even after that I was really considering becoming a Sun Club member, until we sat with the last "rep" Miguel. He was aggressive and offensive. After I had said that I had to consider it, he said that bills and problems were always going to be there and that if we couldn't afford the payment we probably shouldn't even consider the membership. That is NOT how you speak to people. It is sad really, the resort is nice, but the VIP sales pitch really disgusted me.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Excellent resort for the money.
    • Deluxe Double

People's would get up at the crack of dawn reserve a deck chair and then not use it until the afternoon for an hour..should be some kind of rule stopping this..limited number of loungers

Resort was very fun..staff always friendly and helpful...loud music by pool every day and sometimes live...we liked that but if you wanted a quiet area then headed to the beach. Food was good especially in the gaucho and Italian restaurants.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Decent place but no internet
    • Deluxe with Pool View

In 2016/17 it is unimaginable a resort this expensive has no internet in the room. You have to leave your room to pick up signal and use the internet smh. For someone who works online this was bad

Good food clean rooms and property

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Great quality/price option to stay at Pto Plata
    • Sun Club Superior

WiFi connection was terrible getting disconnected every other time or unable to connect. Despite our room was beautiful and quite, shower water was just mild and not hot. We reported a few times but they didn't fix it. If you carry your vehicle is kind of complicated to check-in and you have to talk to too many people before actually check-in. A valet parking service at the main lobby would be by far the best way to go. Hot tub was not hot either.

Very warm service. Sun Club extra cost is totally worth it. Pools are great. Food is quite good. There's free food available 24/7. Spa massages are great, very good team. Sub Club service very kind all the time. Many food types available.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Leave your work at home because Wi-Fi doesn't work anyway.
    • Deluxe Double

The advertisement for Wi-Fi felt like a bait-and-switch. It almost never worked. Plus they require you to come down to the lobby to use it. I used a speed tester each day and the results were always 0 to 0.02 Mbps.

I enjoyed the restaurants and the shows each night. The hotel staff were awesome!

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

New name....better place
    • Deluxe Double

Food coyldof been better..and more variety.

I liked the bedtooms .shows. And cleanliness..of the place..the food coyldofbeen better...snd more selection and variety

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Most of the staff was a blessing, so when we did find a...
    • Sun Club Superior

Most of the staff was a blessing, so when we did find a staff member with a frown and a bad attitude; it really stood out and we where extra offended. The sun club room was only a little bigger than regular but the sun club bar, free wifi and the room service made it worth the price. We went during off peak season so the resort was quite isolated. The foam party was fun, but the disco was unfortunately quite empty- only a few single ladies on the dance floor and me and my aunt joined them and made friends. The spa!! It was amazing, we had 80 minute Swedish massages done but the time really flew. The ladies were so respectful and professional! Overall, it is a really good experience and the staff make it worth the while.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Paradise!
    • Deluxe Double

I do not understand why they do not have 5 stars.

Absolutely everything! Sea is really close, beach is clean and calm, accommodation totally wonderful new and clean, resort itself is on the highest level you can imagine. Huge choice of delicious food from all across the world!

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

After staying at the massive Lifestyle resort my previous...
    • Sun Club Junior Suite

I can not get used to the dry food found at buffets.

After staying at the massive Lifestyle resort my previous trip a month ago, I liked the smaller resort. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Plenty of chairs available around the pool. The nightly shows were entertaining.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

I recommend this resort to my friends and family. And I will love to come back in the future.
    • Deluxe with Pool View

The staff was excellent very friendly and helpful.

Very good attention and information from Starling our concierge

We get a better price for an extra day in the facility than the price we get thru booking.com

The beach was excellent.. very clean...

People, cleanliness
    • Deluxe Double TPL

Price, crowded

People, cleanliness

Not much

not woth the money
    • Deluxe Double

it's an old hotel. lunch and dinner were really bad and poor

Clean grounds, units, pools, beach and common areas.
    • Deluxe Double

No activities, food could have been better.

Clean grounds, units, pools, beach and common areas. Nice comfortable place.

Overall I enjoyed myself
    • Deluxe Double

Same variety of food at the restaurant

The staff was always willing to satisfy all the guesses.

Had a nice stay with my daughter , food was decent staff very friendly
    • Deluxe Double

Bed was very uncomfortable !!!

Nice place for the money

Awsome
    • Deluxe Double

It doesn’t have that much variety in drinks

The food is great, the hotel is beautiful and clean

We scape from reality

Food was delicious

Good program, good food.
    • Deluxe Double

I would have preffered coctails with natural or 100% juices.

Good program, good food. Very nice anf friendly stuff, good beach.

Kids enjoyed- I will never go back
    • Deluxe Double Room

Poor housekeeping. Facilities were run down. Used condoms on beach. Pool closed for half our stay

Food was excellent. Kids club was wonderful

Parking was off the complex meaning had to take a cart to the parking facilities
    • Deluxe Double

Parking was an inconvenience. Long walk to the beach. Beach sand not very clean.

Excellent restaurants. Nice pool with bar. Beach

Give me two night free , then I'll tell my friends in the states.
    • Deluxe Double

Access to the bathroom , I'm on a wheelchair. Need to paint and clean the room.

The food was good

Wonderful !!!!
    • Sun Club Superior

Just lower the price ... loooooooollllll

Very nice place, great people.. I'll recommand it to anyone. It was a great experience.

My stay was very nice. Need more seafood

Parking

The bed was very comfortable sleep well

20 munite from peurta plata airport 1 munite walk to...
    • Deluxe with Pool View

20 munite from peurta plata airport 1 munite walk to private beach , the staff very friendly

Everything, the staff was very friendly
    • Deluxe Double

No close parking and no wifi in the roon

Everything, the staff was very friendly

Review

Poor internet connection

Value for ur money
    • Deluxe Double

Needed more variety with the food selection.

The Spa was amazing!!!!

Their should be adult (over18) hours at pool
    • Deluxe Double

Pool and food locations close to early! Had ants in my room

Staff was great and very helpful

Todo super bien

Todo super bien

Would recommend this to my friends

It was great

Excellent A++

The food was awesome!!

Excellent!!!

I really enjoy the stay, The staff is very polite.
    • Deluxe Double

I really enjoy the stay, The staff is very polite.

Pleasant!

Noise at Main pool

Variety of choices

Beach restaurant pool

Beach restaurant pool

Coming back
    • Deluxe with Pool View

The service and concerns of staff

Good stay for the price
    • Deluxe with Pool View

Need to serve bacon for breakfast and the service needs to be better at breakfast and lunch

Friendliness of the staff at check-in and bars

Attention to the costumer, very friendly and Poland people.
    • Deluxe Double

Food in the restaurant exelent

Attention to the costumer, very friendly and Poland people...

Sunscape is the best!

Excellent service, friendly staff, VIP service is worth it and affordable

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The dinner variety

I like the staff

Good level 4* all include hotel. Don't expect nothing more.
    • Deluxe Double

Typical 4* all include holiday beach hotel. Boring and overcrowded. Animation was poor.

Food was good. Big territory.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Fantastic Place
    • Deluxe Double

Wifi is only free at the lobby, in room and elsewhere have to pay for it.

It was good

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

nothing.

nothing. everything was perfect 💋❤️😍 the food delicious 💐

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Cool
    • Deluxe Double

They had to give me a Queen bed but they dindnt do it

Service, cleaning

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Great bang for your buck
    • Deluxe Double

Rooms wiring was bad and it had some electrical issues

Great value! Incredible food and location!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

cleanliness and food.
    • Deluxe with Pool View

lobby receiving and departing to check in and to check out.

cleanliness and food.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Nuff awesomeness
    • Sun Club Superior

The rain ... it rained every day ... but the staff made sure we well taken care of ...

Had an awesome experience... very friendly and helpful staff...

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Good, but not excellent
    • Deluxe with Pool View

The water pressure in the rooom...especially the hot water

The shows were nice

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Great stay great value

Food was ok

Loved the staff and size of resort

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

The staff was so kind to us.
    • Deluxe Double

The staff was so kind to us.....

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Richard Parker
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View (2 adults + 1 child)

Clean very nice worker