Reviews of Blue Bay Villas Doradas Adults Only-All Inclusive 4 stars

Playa Dorada 538, 57000 San Felipe de Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

#12 of 22 hotels in San Felipe de Puerto Plata

The buffet is good not many options the pools are kept clean.

The rooms are super outdated super duper ! Not many options to eat not much to do. No clubs at the hotel you can get bored very quick. I lasted two days and by the second I was already ready to go thank god.

The buffet is good not many options the pools are kept clean. The staff is super friendly

The hotel decor in lobby is lovely - love the curtains!

The hotel decor in lobby is lovely - love the curtains! My partner was very impressed with the hotel - said we will come back next year, he liked it so much. Great disco at the beach - we loved the music! It was a nice romantic getaway! Thanks you!

staff services and politeness,, beaches , cleaness, price.

it needs night life entertainment and clubs/casino- life shows,, games etc. for adults.. boring and too quiet for me.. neest more food variety/different countries and native dishes

staff services and politeness,, beaches , cleaness, price.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Love/Hate

They claim there is an A La Carte option, however they fail to mention that priority is given to the VIP guests, which you become by buying a vacation package. Also, the A La Carte restaurants they have are not open every night. Each one opens a different night so if you're not there when the restaurant you want is open, well then you're just out of luck. If there is any spots left over then maybe you can enjoy one of the A La Carte options. Otherwise expect to eat at the buffet every night.

Yajaira, in Las Garzas buffet restaurant, was exceptional. The bartenders did a great job with the supplies given.

Satisfied
    • Standard Room - Single Use

the shows was really good but it could have been much better ( time to short)

Food was amazing! The staff was super cool and very entertain! I had a good time.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Excellent value for money.

Our room was not a 5-star. Small, no safe, no furniture except for two beds, We killed two cockroaches but saw more. Bathroom had dirty grout with poor tile work. The room looked very old and didn't match the newness of other places in the resort.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was excellent. Dress code at specialty restaurant was enforced which was great to see. This was our first time at an adult-only resort - so no noisy children running around.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The beach, the privacy, the majority of the staff is awesome.

There is no such thing as perks here no early checkin even if your flight was early AM without a charge and no late checkout without a room to secure your belongings for a late flight as well. The management has changed wanting to take down a mango tree that is just enormous and fruitful that is not causing any harm to anything or anyone. He isn’t very friendly and is just Business minded. The pools need to be retiled. Three Restaurants on property only one open per night. Extremely limited reservations for the amount of people there. It was my second time back but not as enjoyable as first time. No complimentary refreshments like even water after the first night not the case last year. The evening shows were just ok. Beach at night w disco food was old reheated.

The beach, the privacy, the majority of the staff is awesome. Clean Asian Restaurant was wonderful celebrated our anniversary pleasantly!

We had to check rooms upon check in.
    • Silver Deluxe - Double

We had to check rooms upon check in. Refrigerator was not working and was not stocked upon early check in. We were charged for early check in The 2nd room the 2nd bed did not have a top sheet which we did not discover until the end the night.

I was expecting "all-inclusive", first thing they...
    • Silver Deluxe - Double

I was expecting "all-inclusive", first thing they told upon arrival: This is an all-inclusive resort, but this is not inclusive: Wi-Fi, Safe, the bar over here...etc...

I will definitely not stay here again. Rooms are dirty and smell bad. This place needs sorting out.

Food and beverages are really cheap and bad. The rooms are dirty and smell bad. Too expensive for what you get.

The only thing that's worth it here is the beach. Service wasn't that bad..

The Location directly on the beach, we also like the beach...

The rooms can do with a little updating, no free WiFi and the drinks at the free bars were all House brands. However for a fee you could get better brand drinks at the bar in the reception

The Location directly on the beach, we also like the beach bar was open all night

It was very beautiful and clean.
    • Standard Room(Triple)

There was non-potable water coming out of the sink in the bathroom. There was a sign there in english but they need to have this sign in spanish and other languages as well. They also need to stress this point during your checkin process. My mother speaks spanish, so she didn’t pay attention to the sign and rinsed a cup in this water that she later used to drink some soda......she became very ill and was vomiting several times that evening. It scared me so bad because she was very cold and very weak. Later that night, she started to feel a little better and decided to go to a nearby bar with my boyfriend to see if they had any ginger ale or sprite. She said they ended up fixing her a concoction that was made for people that became sick at the resort. My mother said it immediately helped her and she didn’t feel sick the rest of the evening. The next day she was herself again and was eating as well.

It was very beautiful and clean. I was so surprised that we never came across any insects inside and outside the room.

It was horrible... NEVER stay here.
    • Platinum Room - Double

We were put into a room with mold. They didn't check us in for 4 hours after our check in time.. They held us captive in an office for 3 hours trying to buy a timeshare.. They didn't honor ANY of the amenities that I paid for with my package.. We were supposed to get free wifi with our package and we got it for 5 hours...... it didn't even work in our room. I paid extra money to get extra amenities and nothing was honored.. Ive stayed at plenty resorts and this was by FAR the WORST one yet.

Absolutely nothing.. It was horrible!

This hotel is a place to go on your honeymoon with your...
    • Standard Room(Triple)

There is no variety of the food, I wish they had more food. I wanted to make a reservation for one of the restaurants a la Carta and it was always full, so I had to go outside the hotel and eat in a restaurant because there was no food for me. Also, my checking time was supposed to be 3:00 pm and I did not get my room until 3:45 pm, I had to sit in the lobby for more than an hour to wait for my room.

This hotel is a place to go on your honeymoon with your husband or boyfriend, not a place to have fun, enjoy with your family or meet new people. even the table seats are only for two and everywhere you look there is people with their partners, very awkward situation with you are single and go with family and friends. Not what I was expecting.

Ok place for that price

-We had booked a room with a balcony. We came late at night, and room didn't have a balcony. The next day they said that balcony didn't come with that price, and first they wouldn't believe that confirmation we had. After all the change was possible, which was good. -Not so quiet place. -That schedule wasn't that it was supposed to be. For example they recommended the bike tour in the lobby and the next day one entertainer said there was something wrong with the bikes and tour wouldn't happen.

The buffet was great, many various foods. The beach was clean.

We loved the relaxed feel of the resort and loved the 24 hr...

To many people try to sell you stuff on the resort and at the beach so it’s a bit annoying after a while. We also didn’t like the breakfast but everything else was amazing! They also have a great 24 hr bar on the beach that was a plus!

We loved the relaxed feel of the resort and loved the 24 hr bar on the beach

What I liked was the fact that you can actually relax...
    • Gold Deluxe - Double

Everything was perfect until the end of the My stay there, when I was checking out there was a big deal for an umbrella. They were saying that there was an umbrella in the room that was missing which I never saw the umbrella in the room when I first arrived. They were pushing so hard for me to pay the missing umbrella I got mad the fact that I told them I didn’t have an umbrella and nobody notified me about it until the end of my stay. I paid a gold deluxe room for two person my wife and I, it disgusted me the fact that they are pushing for something that I didn’t know that even existed. I was really disappointed because you go to relax , you go to have a good time and right at the end they messed up for an umbrella, seriously an umbrella? It was their words against mine and at the end they set me free but the damage was already made, my wife on the way out said “ I like this place we can book a suite next time” and I was thinking about it but that situation embarrassed me and unfortunately I won’t go back to that resort just for not having the brain of how to handle an stupid missing umbrella. This situation took place in Puerto Plata Bluebay Villa in Dominican Republic, I suggest that the next time specially for such an expensive room they should give guests a list of things that are in the room and have the guests sign it, that way guests knows what is in the room and what are things that have to be in the room at check out.

What I liked was the fact that you can actually relax without having kids all around the places

Avoid!!

We did not get off to a very good start at this hotel and things did not improve. 2 days before our arrival we contacted the hotel both by directly emailing them and through booking.com. We told them that we, due to unforseen circumstances, would arrive one day later than planned. When we got there they claimed they never got any of the emails and blamed me and my partner for using the wrong email, although we had used the email address listed on their website. They forced us to pay for the night we didn’t spend at the hotel but would not give us our room on arrival eventhough it was technically ours since the night before. Not a very nice welcome. The rooms were disgusting with hair everywhere (on the sheets, furniture, floor etc). I wore shoes at all times. If you want some peace and quiet, this is not the place for you. Music at the pool was really loud and annoying and made it impossible to relax. Also, staff were constantly walking around bothering you and trying to make you participate in silly activities or pay for some kind of vip-upgrade. Not a quiet moment. Everything about this place screams tourist trap. I was disgusted by the whole vibe of it. The beach was also terrible. Water was dirty and the beach packed with all-inclusive guests. Not a local to be seen (except for the beach vendors). What was even more annoying was that, albeit the name, not everything was included. If you wanted wi-fi, access to the safe in the room or just a drink at the hotel’s only decent bar: you had to pay extra... Riddiculous. As mentioned earlier, food and drinks were OK. However I couldn’t help feeling sorry for the staff who had to work so hard in this busy horrible environment. Made me ashamed of being a tourist. My advice: avoid this artificial hotel and Puerto Plata overall and head to Las Galeras or the south for some peace and quiet, culture and paradise beaches.

Best thing was we only had 2 nights there. Food and drinks were decent.

Everything at the resort was very nice.

Rooms were not cleaned very well. When we tried to pay, all of our credit cards were reyected even though we paid with them normally before and after. But it is frustrating being not sure if everything is fine with your cards, especially when you need to travel more later on. Also, there was fresh paint on the table in one roome?! And at the reception told us to find the painter and to speak with him ?! And, to tell him what? Not to paint anymore? That was a little bit strange. Internet is not included.

Everything at the resort was very nice. Nice swimming pools, very good food, animation team, restaurants... We were spending days thinking what to eat next :-) .

Not coming back
    • Silver Deluxe - Double

The staff seemed overwhelmed by the amount of people, and at times just completely lost about what to do. Some staff members where just plain rude and acted like they didn't give a s$#t about anything going on.

Everything was clean. The food was between OK and good.

Amazing.

Honestly not much, if you are staying longer than a week you may see the same menu at the buffet, however there is still plenty of options, so this is a very minor observation.

I can not say enough nice things about the staff, everyone was incredibly helpful and friendly. The Hotel is amazing and great value for money. The rooms are a good size and are cleaned daily. We had an amazing time.

I would stay there again, just for my buddy at the beach bar!

The food was not great and there is no free WiFi. No real entertainment. But most people entertained themselves.

Great beach. Strong drinks and the staff was great. Well one guy in particular. He was at the beach bar. He is amazing. Also there is a disco on the beach most nights which is fun.

Give and Take

The food was TERRIBLE! And there's people who follows you around every day trying to sell you a timeshare. And you need to stay a week or more to get good reservations at the restaurants.

It's beautiful property. Plenty of pools. And plenty of beds and lounges on the beach. The staff was great. Especially the guy at the beach restaurant! They make strong drinks.

Beautiful. Romantic. Relaxing
    • Silver Deluxe - Double

Not being notified we needed to make dinner reservations by a certain time. At check-in time the guest should be asked about dinner options.

Stayed at other resorts in this country and this to date is one of the prettiest, quiet most relaxing resorts my husband and I experienced.

Worth every dime. A really great value for the money, but this is no 4 or 5 star resort. AGING!!
    • Platinum Room - Double

The buffet food varies from very good to awful. Steer clear of the fruit! The rooms themselves are not very impressive, which is not a huge issue, because we really just used it for sleeping. The appointments are ordinary and AGING! Its time to spruce up. As you walk through the pool, you will feel and see missing and mismatched tiles on the floor. The masonry work on the perimeter of the pool is cracked and disintegrating. The maid service was barely adequate, and there seemed to be stains in the floor of the shower stall. We requested a room in the quiet area, but there was only space in the pool area. Very often, the volume of the music and other animation team activities was intrusive and annoying. If you need quiet on your vacation, you may be disappointed. Another problem was that there were ants all over the floor (entering from under the balcony door). Even more annoying were the incessant vendors both on the grounds of the resort and the beach. You will be approached dozens of times by people selling time shares, cigars, shirts, dresses, carvings, excursions, massages, pedicures, jewelry, hair braiding, paintings, etc. All day, everyday.

I just spent a week at this property with my boyfriend. It is very-well managed, and the property is kept quite clean. The food in the Fusion Restaurant is world class! Other huge pluses were individual members of the animation team.Veronica. Roberto Chocolate. Alfredo Alex. George Yiandra Special shout out to Veronica and Roberto. Veronica's sassy (but respectful) approach was refreshing and FUN! Roberto tried so hard to make us comfortable and at ease. While some members of the animation are too aggressive and crass, Roberto particularly was able to sense when to approach and how to approach without being offensive. He tried tactfully to involve us in activities, but correctly read when we wanted to be left alone. Kudos to you BBV for having such an able young man on staff! All of the waitstaff were friendly and attentive, but Antonio towered over them all with a genuine warmth and friendliness, and prompt, accurate attention to the smallest detail of every request. Elvin, the bellman/porter was an absolute gem. He was warm, friendly, helpful, attentive and just plain NICE! I also want to mention and thank the private check-in concierge who helped me arrange a birthday cake surprise for my bf.

Room was very nice and clean

Not night club. And people in the lobby insist to me to be member for hotels this guy follow me all over to convince me to be part member alot time l have to said stop l don't want to be member and them his turn to talk to my wife and them she said what hi said?stop we coming here to relax and enjoy the time.and his left no excuses nothing very rud this guy

Room was very nice and clean

Rooms were nice,facility's ageing.Horrible liquor.Would not recommend.

The resorts age defiantly showing. Had to pay 35 US dollars extra just because showed up 1.5hrs early to check in. Food was decent but make sure there's a bathroom nearby-have been in Dominican 6 months so my body is used to the food. Defiantly wouldn't trust the alcohol served here.

Best thing about this stay was the beach...decent setup to navigate the resort area..Front desk staff was good.

Staff was very nice ans helpful, food was delicious, drinks...

We had ants in our room and we saw a cocroach on the staircase. They didn't give us a new waterbottle every day as they promissed. One of the bartenders made inapropriate jokes. That all wouldnt stop us from staying again.

Staff was very nice ans helpful, food was delicious, drinks were great and we loved the entertainment. The room was big and bathroom was nice and clean. We tried one of the La Carte restaurants and it was amazing.

A relaxing and gorgeous week in a beautiful country. Lovely people.

I did tend to avoid the beach at times as the sellers sometimes meant I couldn't concentrate on my reading.

We had stayed here over 10 years ago before the refurbishment and restriction to adults only. Everything was a lot better than before. I enjoyed getting up each morning to see the sunrise. We couldn't fault anything.

Great bang for your buck vacation
    • Silver Deluxe - Double

The only complaint is that none of the drinks were refilled in the mini fridge. But it didn't matter much since you get unlimited drinks with the all-inclusive package at any of the bars or restaurants

You get alot for your money

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Cozy resort for couples and older crowd

Nothing other than what I stated below

I found the resort a bit small but that is because I am now comparing it to a much larger one which we stayed at in Punta Cana, with that being said, we still enjoyed our stay as this resort provided just what we paid for. The food was good, but somehow we found ourselves having to use the restroom after every eat, I am not entirely sure if it was because of how well it was cooked or just our bodies rejecting what was eaten. The entertainment crew were live and did their best to keep the guest distracted but I strongly believe that they need more resources to do a better job. The gym could use an upgrade, as well as the beds which i found a bit stiff. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this cozy resorts, but if you are looking for a place to wild out with friends I would suggest going to a bigger one.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Cheap, you get what you pay for. Probably not safe place.

It is not safe, hence why they charge you to use the safe in the room. The bell boy told us the hotel is only responsible for our stuff if we have a safe and it is violated. That implies that it is not safe This is not a beach front room property, the beach is about 5 min walk from the nearest room, you have to walk thru a small cute bridge over pound to the beach. Hence the pound is a mosquito attracting point - therefore a lot of mosquitos on the beach. Everyone that says Hello is trying to sell you some time share vacation package! There are so many merchant sellers on the beach that you cannot relax and the prices are really expensive for a third world country on a beach. Wifi is $25/per device/per night - for a couple that's $50/day, or hence nearly 50% upsell from your daily rate! Ridiculous.

It is very cheap, but you get what you pay foe

lovely selection of food, especially the Dominican entrees,...

late night noise and parties in adjacent rooms until 3 AM. Not enough recycling

lovely selection of food, especially the Dominican entrees, at the buffet.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Best vacation in awhile!

I did not like the VIP property sales people, I came to relax and they were bothersome. Other than that I had a great time and look forward to returning.

The staff made it all worth well very friendly and beautiful people. The food was plentiful but average. the facilities were very clean.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Not bad, but would not return

You had to pay extra for top shelf liquor and the harassment from their staff wanting you to sit in on a proposition, for spas and their VIP package. Early check in $35 for room and food or $12 pp for early check in with food only

The buffet was great and the house keeping

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Poor initial reception

See above

Extortionate wifi charges. Room not properly checked. Broken coffee percolator Some surly staff on arrival. I would not stay there again

Birthday getaway

Everything was great the staff was friendly the anime staff was excellent I will definitely stay there again

Excellent staff make a very enjoyable stay

The area where there is the evening entertainment is narrow and too small, it is rough looking (lousy plastic chairs). The sundbeds by the pool are uncomfortable and need replacing.

Excellent staff and the food was great. The main restaurant does new looks and themes every day, they make a great effort to vary the food and keep the restaurant clean at all time. So even though there is a buffet we didn´t get bored with it and always found something new that we liked. The chocolate cake is delicious! I can´t say enough nice things about the staff. They are always smiling, will do everything for you and are simply the best!

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Not impressed with blue bay , wont return

Up charge for everything, wi-fi, not enough outlets in room. Room looked nothing like advertised room on your site. It rained for a day and there was nothing to do for activities.not impressed for what it cost.

Good food, great staff, good entertainment.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

You will surely want to be there with someone.... no fun alone.

Rained the majority of the time we were there. WIFI cost extra and most all TV channels in Spanish.

Bed was super comfy. Staff was the best ever and super accomodating. Location to beach and pools were very convenient and food choices unbelievble!

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

The Animacion Team - with Coca-Cola

The first night we had a room with two small double beds - although we had ordered a room with one extra grande double bed. The restaurant Chino was not really Chinese. Also the interview we were encouraged to have with Circle One was a disappointment - they should have told us the price of the investment from the beginning instead of using two hours for the presentation. And we did not get the promised package for the time we spent on the presentation.

The Animacion Team - with Coca-Cola

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Quiet, private, amazing view, great staff.

The only thing I did not like was that I stood there for a weekend and we got out of bath gel and I had to go to the lobby to get it refilled.

The place was amazing, the staff members were always truly happy and amazingly willing to assist. This hotel has exceeded all my expectations. Great food, great alcohol, good entertainment at night. No problems AT ALL with the rooms. One of the pools is open until 11 pm. Definitely going back!.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Exellent hotel, very nice location, clean beach, nice pools...

Nothing to add!

Exellent hotel, very nice location, clean beach, nice pools and pool bar! Big list of inclusive drinks and tropical coctails. They have a beach bar,so you can enjoy hotel facilities either on a beach either by the pool. Great animation! No kids! Nice and clean beach. Food was exelent, rooms are big and tidy. Recomend to all!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Worst stay of my life
    • Gold Deluxe - Double

Worst hotel I have stayed in my life!! 2 hour wait for check in after my reservation was not found. Our second room that was booked when we arrived flooded with water during the night and my aunt was told it was her fault for not putting a towel under the door (are you kidding me) after the water was leaking in from the rain outside. Then before we were even checked out 11am some went into my aunts room took the Brugal bottle she was given, all the towels with no replacement left, and the beers and side from the fridge! Mind you they didn't even take the dirty plate that was on top of the table.

The bar

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Declined big time

Check-in horrable... They could not find my reservation.. When found I waited 1 hour for them to confirm with Booking.com. I have stayed here 5 times in the past 3 years. Every stay gets worse. Now they charge for things others offer free (Drinks, Safe, Internet). All-Inclusive means "food only" The Spirit airlines of hotels. The room a/c did not work and had to change rooms. Found two roaches in bathroom. Wont be back

Staff as always was friendly. As in all hotels

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Nice hotel .
    • Silver Deluxe - Double

More information about local areas from the personal.

Best vacation ever.the location was nice the pool the restaurant was amazing. We really enjoyed it

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Only Ok for the money.

Facilities were outdated and ran down for the amount of money spent to stay there. Two queen beds were pushed together to form one large bed. Hotel room was not soundproofed very well.

Plenty of bottled water was supplied everyday. Hotel was responsive to our request to repair the showerhead.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Normal

La bebida

La playa y la piscina

The pool

I usually love drinking wine this time I had to pass, not good at all.

The pool

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Receptionist was very unfriendly and rude!

The room and the hotel are very old and they came down...

Facilities outside were sufficient for 2 days..for spending all my holidays not...

Excellent Stay!!

Please water the plants and feed the birds and ducks, they seemed hungry.

The food is excellent. Customer service, wonderful!!

Best customer service and friendly service

No children allowed

Best customer service and friendly service

Excellent for couple to relax,and have a nices time

Im planing to come back for my next vacation

N/a

Nice people excellent service

Don´t take the room number 2204.

Don´t take the room number 2204. You will have entertainment until 23:55 p.m.

I wont be returning to any resort in Puerto Plata.

I hated the "Vacation Club" Concierges and their persistence trying to sell.

Decent breakfast.

...😐

Drinks and the service

The weather

Some of staff

Food

Some of staff

Food was basically the same in all 6 meals I had at the...
    • Silver Deluxe - Double

Food was basically the same in all 6 meals I had at the property.

I like the people very friedly and the animation guy ×

The wifii is terreble and people have to pay for the service

I like the people very friedly and the animation guy ×

• Silver Deluxe - Double

Excellent choice, good location and staff very friendly

Extra 3 hours overstay bonus after check out.

service

acvomodation

service

HAPPY

DOCTOR OFFICE AT HOTEL, SERVICE VERY NASTY UNPROFESSIONAL

THE STAFF ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL, FRIENDLY,

Boring.

Food was everyday the same, no sea food, snacks the same food.

The pool until late.

The rooms are very dirty and hot
    • Gold Deluxe - Double

The room had mosquito and was dirty. No good customer service the checking by Anthony was bad service

Everything was perfect!

Everything was perfect!

Very nice

Food

Installation

If you stay at the beach you won't be disappointed

Bathroom had a leak no tub no balcony w ocean view wifi horrible

The beach was beautiful well kept and comfortable seating at all times

Our stay was pleasant over all, but we wanted to eat at their restaurant and no accommodation.

distance to the beach could not eat at their restaurants rooms could be remodeled

OVER ALL A-

Exelllent resort

Friendly staffs. Clean and nice. Excellent Service Manager that cares for visitor's wellbeing.

Nice property!!

Everything!

Good but not coming back

Food , staff , beach

Clean , location

This hotel was a complete CHAOS, loud, dirty and horrible.

EVERYTHING