Reviews of Hotel Imperial 4 stars

Nunne 14, Tallinn City-Centre, 10133 Tallinn, Estonia

#18 of 99 hotels in Tallinn

Five nights in Tallinn
    • Deluxe Double or Single Room

The Hotel was not providing evening meals at the time we stayed. But as there are so many eating places in Tallinn it really is not a problem.

We chose the Hotel for its central location and its proximity to to the best pub in Tallinn (Koht) just around the corner. Our room was at the front of the Hotel and was very spacious with a full kitchen .

Ok hotel with good location.

The breakfast was basic, there could be more options. Busy taxi traffic next to the hotel.

Perfect location. Busy street traffic, but no bars close so nice and quiet. Little bit wear and tear. Nice and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Excellent choice
    • Double or Twin Room

We felt that one of the day managers was a little arrogant towards us.

The position, spacious rooms, nice breakfast and opposite two very nice patisseries.

Memorable, fun and an experience to remember!
    • Double or Twin Room

There were no coffee or tea making facilities in the rooms, it would have been nice to have a kettle for a cuppa now and then. There was also no plugs very near to the mirrors which meant it was quite awkward to style my hair and the lights weren't strong making evening make up application tricky. The bed was a double bed which consisted of 2 singles pushed together with a double mattress. This would have been fine but the duvet was 2 single duvets which meant I was forever ending up outside of the duvet. Luckily it wasn't too cold during our stay. There was some noise from the street below in the evenings but less than I thought there would be. It would also have been nice to have napkins on the tables at breakfast time.

I loved the location of this hotel, easy access to Old town and all the things we wanted to see. The breakfast was varied and good, although it would have been nice to have some gluten free bread as I had told them I was a coeliac. The staff were helpful and friendly and our room was kept very clean. I loved the old world charm it had too, although it was a little tired in places. This did not do anything to lessen our wonderful experience however. On the day we left the staff immediately offered to book a taxi and on realizing we weren't leaving until later that day, store our bags as well. A great 4 nights stay.

Treasure Trove of loveliness

Nothing - everything was great!

Very centrally located and easy to get to. Lovely room with a view of one of the Towers on the city walls. Fab breakfast too. Tallinn is an amazing city, with medieval treasures around every corner. Very safe and everywhere is within walking distance. Would encourage everyone to visit and would definitely recommend this lovely hotel.

Excellent location, very good breakfast, helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms we were initially given were either very small or with a huge crack & hole on a wall, with a green fire exit sign over the cupboard and a stuck open window. The rooms we ultimately got were decent sized & clean. But the air-conditioning was nearly non-existent (apparently hotel has central AC, but with no controls in the room)- hot stuffy at times. The minibar was working but so weak that it took a day to cool a bottle of Coke. One of us had to store his insulin in the hotel kitchen fridge as the minibar was so substandard. The shower cubicle door remained slightly ajar, so water sprayed out. No kettle / coffee in room, which one considers standard in a 4 * hotel.

Excellent location, very good breakfast, helpful staff.

Three Star Hotel

There are a number of things which are certainly not up to scratch. The hotel listed air-conditioning as being available in the room but there was no a/c unit or control. When we arrived we found all the windows in the bedrooms wide open which would not have been the case had there really been air-conditioning. Average day temperatures during our stay were between 26 C & 28 C so air conditioned rooms would have been a bonus. Instead we had to keep the windows open day & night which resulted in complaints from 2 of my friends who had rooms overlooking the main road & who were kept awake by noisy people in the street below. Fortunately my room overlooked a side street & was very quiet. The minibars in our rooms did not work efficiently & items placed there to keep cool just managed to stay slightly above room temperature. The towels in the bathrooms need replacing as they are too thin & threadbare to do their job. Another minus point - one of my friends who is a senior citizen pointed out that the bath is much too high to exit comfortably. At the time of booking I requested a double room with twin beds but my request was completely ignored. We arrived at the hotel late at night & when we opened the door to our room we found 1 double bed instead of twin beds which meant that at 12.30 am we had to move the beds apart, bring in single bed sheets & make up the beds ourselves as there was no house-keeping staff at that time. This hotel would be a relatively good 3-star hotel but as a 4-star hotel it fails miserably

The hotel is situated in the Old Town & perfect for sightseeing. It is also close to the railway station & other public transport. There is a lovely park across the road so the hotel's location could be described as perfect.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Poor standard
    • Double or Twin Room

the bathroom smelled of sewer, the room wasn't clean. Personell were arrogant and rude. There is no air condition in the rooms, yet they advertises for it. Gets incredibly hot in the summer. We ordredet tranport from the airport to through the hotel, but since the flight was delayed 30 minutes, the taxi just left. No information was given. When we asked the Hotel personell why the taxi just left without us, they guy simply said "your were late, this is not our fault"

great locations

A small hotel in a great location but rooms are a bit too plain
    • Double or Twin Room

the room was very simple and a bit tatty, the carpet was very old and generally, there was a bit of a smell. I think rooms are in need of re-decoration.

Great staff, great location, easy to find, a good place to stay for a short visit to the old city. Our room was also very quiet.

4 days in Tallin
    • Double or Twin Room

Air condition didn’t work at all. It was 30 C in the room on the 3rd floor so we could’t sleep. The car park in the hotel costs 20 Euro per day.

Good choice in brakfast, very good location, a big room.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Excellent location, friendly staff & secure motorcycle parking on site.

No air conditioning in rooms or communal areas which would have been welcome during recent heatwave.

Secure parking for our party of 8 motorbikes & 1 car. Small mix up on arrival with parking however resolved relatively easily.

No value for money

Quite dirty, when complained about something specific, nothing was done about it. The security green light that indicate the safe escape route usually in corridors was inside the room and so bright that was like sleeping with all the lights on.

perfect location to visit the town

We were upgraded.
    • Double or Twin Room

We were upgraded. Our room included a sauna which is a first for me. Excellent location on the edge of the old town and less than a ten minute walk to the station.

2nd time in July in Imperial, Tallinn.
    • Double or Twin Room

Hot in the room although outdoors daily max. not higher than +24 C. The shower space only reasonable for M size or 170 cm person.

Good coffee. Good location in the old town and close to railway station. Peaceful breakfast despite of the high season.

Hotel location is very good.

Breakfast - very poor. Hotel quit old, it was clean but the interior was used much already. Next time i would go for another hotel. As for 4* i expected much more.

Hotel location is very good.

• Double or Twin Room

Unpolite stuff, not welcoming feeling when arriving To the hotel and not A single "hello Or welcome" from the reception. The room was fusty and smelling drain. A weekend In this hotel was A waste of money

No air-con, no sound proofing, lots of street noise.

No air conditioning, room uncomfortably warm. Open a window? Not a chance, even with windows closed, the street noise, throughout the night prevented sleep. The worst 2 nights of interrupted sleep I have ever had in a hotel. I will not go back.

Friendly staff, location in old town.

Solid hotel with a good breakfast, but should modernize a few things

WiFi was very slow and unstable, Bathroom was small and old fashioned and smelled a bit moldy, carpet in the room and in the other areas looked old but overall it was very clean

Good breakfast with a lot of choice, small, personal and quiet

Not a great experience.
    • Double or Twin Room

We have been on our trip for over four weeks and this was the worst bed of the whole trip. Also a four star hotel with twin beds and to end?

The staff was very helpful, location is excellent.

Perfect stay in the Old Town of Tallinn

The green light over the door during the night

Except the green light, I enjoyed everything: the wonderful breakfast, the perfect location, the friendly staff and the large room and breakfast.

Charm, quietness and comfort in the old town
    • Double or Twin Room

height of bathtub : you are actually climbing into it; a bit dangerous when stepping out Fridge in the room not working.

Great location Friendly staff Very comfortable Good breakfast Quiet

Recommended, with some small issues solved it could become perfect!

some small issues. I was asked to pay on arrival; I guess they may have accepted to pay upon checkout if I would have insisted, but it would have created a better atmosphere at that moment if they would just have asked when I prefer to pay, and left the decision open. The bathroom had cigarette smell upon arrival, after reporting to the reception it seemed they tried to improve; it never went totally away but was less intense for the rest of my stay. My shower was a bit on the small side (room 306), it was a quarter-circle shower cabin in the corner, so me being 185cm tall felt a bit constricted at moments. The bathroom had one of these hairdriers that are fixed to the wall and have a weird flexible air pipe that reminds you of electrical or plumbing work ... I just don't like these, they have weak output and it takes ages to dry your hair!

the location is excellent. the hotel is just outside the main touristic streets of Tallinn, so you have sightseeing, shop and restaurants in a few minutes walking distance, and on the other hand the area is quiet to get a good night's sleep, even with open window (well, I visited in end-May with perfect weather so I could leave the window open). the hotel is established in an old building which gives it a special flair, no stereotype hotel floors here. The room decor was pleasant and functional, beautiful bed with "fairytale" style. Nice view from the window into a green back yard. A glass bottle of high quality mineral water awaited me in the room free of charge. Breakfast was enjoyable, I liked the buttermilk a lot and poured it over my cereals ... a dream to start your day! The dark bred was very good, as was the marinated herring.

• Double or Twin Room

Window wall in room 215 curves in causing light to stream out of the sides of blackout curtains. If you like to sleep in the dark rm 215 is not for you during long daylight hours.

Great little hotel in Tallinn old town

Pancakes were always finished on the breakfast buffet. And I love pancakes. Breakfast was ok but the bread selection could have been more varied.

Lovely room! Great location. Loved the atmosphere at this small and cosy hotel.

Excellent stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Please, please, please remove the speakers in the corridors playing what Americans would call “elevator music”. It’s just not needed and spoils what is otherwise an excellent hotel. I could hear the music from the speaker outside the door of my room during the evening, though thankfully they appear to be turned off at night.

Very good location in the old town and easy for taxis to reach from the main road outside the old town. Short walks to everywhere in the old town we wanted to visit, and the main square was about two minutes away. The room was spacious and clean. The buffet breakfast had a wide selection of options, including cooked and continental style options.

a good stay in a very interesting city with a good hotel

fresh fruit at breakfast

The bed was very comfortable and was a double bed, the shower was excellent and a towelling bathrobe was provided. The Hotel was very near to the old town and there were very many places to eat . The Hotel kindly provided me with an electric kettle.

Great location, friendly staff, but lacking some basics for the price
    • Double or Twin Room

No air conditioning in our room (312), the sun shines right through the window in the morning, so it does get warm in the room quite quickly! Two roads run alongside the hotel so having the window open will probably be too noisy for most people. We had a twin room and both beds were quite small and not the best build quality. Bulk dispensers for the soap and shower gel/shampoo in the bathroom. I would expect this from a cheaper hotel but not somewhere rated as 4 stars, charging £85 per night. No main bar in the hotel, though to be fair there are many decent bars within 5 minutes walk of the hotel.

Very good location on the edge of the Old Town. Every major attraction is within walking distance. It is only 15 minutes drive and 10 Euros in a taxi from the airport to the hotel. They have a decent selection of cold and hot food on the buffet for breakfast. Staff were all very polite and helpful.

Good enough for what I needed.

Beds were not very comfortable, (thin and bouncy,) but better than very hard beds in other hotels. Another male member of reception staff with dark hair and glasses had an unhelpful and sarcastic attitude. No tea or coffee in the rooms and a kettle is only available on request which I was not aware of until I mentioned it at checkout. The shower's water pressure was a bit weak. Overall a bit expensive for what is on offer and the very quiet city with not much to do unless you go for a weekend in high summer.

Breakfast was good and varied, although the hot food was not always hot. Everything was seasoned with rosemary. Good location, easy to walk to everything, with a 24h shop close by. Nice character of the building. No problems with housekeeping. One member of reception staff, a lady with blond hair, was very welcoming and helpful.

Great place to stay in!

The Wifi was sometimes not working from my room, but it worked when being back at the lobby

The hotel is very nice, I really liked the decoration which really portrays Estonia. The hallway looks like a dungeon, which is different than other hotels. Breakfast was great!!

Romantic and quite hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Some 4 star amenities are missing: hair conditioner, body lotion, tea and coffee facilities. Very weak hairdryer and the bathroom is generally outdated, though very clean and in a good shape.

Great location on the edge of the old town and close to Kalamaja and Telliskivi. Very quite at night and overall. Spotlessly clean, friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast, comfy beds.

Excellent stay for a city trip to Tallinn

Nothing, really.

What a spacious and luxurious room. The overall look and feel with a little "grandeur" to it. Nice breakfast and helpful staff. I loved the floor heating in the bathroom. Location was great just in the old town and just of the circular road. Plenty of restaurants nearby.

Hotel staff is always very nice and helpful.

It was not a first stay at this hotel, so breakfast quality was lower than last year. Otherwise, everything was perfect

Hotel staff is always very nice and helpful. Location is perfect, very close to railroad and old town.

Good location and value for money.

Bar was closed and reception staff not very interested.

Imperial is good value for money at a practical location, both for travelling to meetings as for evening entertainment.

Unfortunately will pick another hotel next time. Stayed there 5 years ago as well and staff seem to
    • Double or Twin Room

Tried to get a wake up call at 10.00pm for the following day but no one answered at front desk. Finally went downstairs after several unanswered phone calls and no one there. Anyone could come trough the front door. Not safe. I’m not talking about a time span someone could use to go to bathroom. Front desk was simply unattended. They charge 1 kroon extra to access CNN per day. Once again night person had no idea how to do this. Told me I had to wait til next day at 9.00am. ( It was done via front desk computer).

Room was large and comfortable . Heated floor in bathroom . Breakfast very nice.

Slightly disappointing stay
    • Double or Twin Room

We were disappointed by the staff. All but one person was very unfriendly. The man who checked us in (who worked in the late evening) was particularly rude and unwelcoming. The other negative was the smell of the hotel. There is a musty smell, the kind that you get when you do not open the windows for a period of time. The hotel could be refurbished as the sheets, curtains, etc. are a little dated. Overall, it was not a bad hotel. We did enjoy our stay. We just expected more from an 8.7 rating. In my opinion, this rating is a little high for this hotel.

We really liked the beds.They were very comfortable. We slept very well! We also liked the location of the hotel. It was close to the main square and a lot of restaurants.

The bed was perfect

The price for a trip in the nice sauna is 35€!!! The pub in the hotel, which is shown on the pictures does not exist The perfume smell everywhere. Heaviest in the reception The form which have to be filled on check-in. All information is already given when the room is booked.

The bed was perfect

Good location to visit down town Tallinn
    • Double or Twin Room

lack of electricity in the room but maybe i'm getting old....

very good breakfast with a lot of choice. comfortable bed room , clean , and quiet. hotel very well located down town ( old city )

The hotel leaning on the old city wall has a nice atmosphere.
    • Double or Twin Room

Although it is a non-smoking hotel, there was a weak smell of stale tobacco and a strong one of cleaning products in the room. The coffee machine in breakfast room was out of order. This meant no hot drinks in the evening as the hotel has no services or electric kettles in rooms, or even in reception. Bakery across the street closed at 7 pm. The small kids' playroom could be considerably improved with the addition of some more balls (in the miniature sea of balls) or some simple toys.

The hotel leaning on the old city wall has a nice atmosphere. Its maze of corridors and stone walls convey the feeling of staying in the old town. Room was spacious, clean and well-decorated. Bed was comfortable and light-blocking curtains would certainly be useful in summer. A good quiet location in the old town.

Good value for money.

Nothing to not like

This property is at the edge of the old town and offers tons of eateries and coffee shops in walking distance. Simon from the front desk was more than helpful in guiding and helping with local information. He even checked me in to ferry to Helsinki.

Loved the location, the breakfast and Tallinn in general.
    • Double or Twin Room

Just a minor thing- a Kettle with some tea and coffee would be nice but I fully understand some countries just don’t offer that. This is no criticism of the hotel rather an observation.

The location was great, the receptionist was helpful and efficient . He straight away offered sandwiches to us when we told him we would be leaving at 6.30am for Helsinki . Breakfast was nice and lots of it.

Location very central, small hotel so its great for cozy...

Old fashion room, no safe box, the lamp in the room was not working during all 3 nights stay, nobody fixed it. In bathroom only soap and shampoo dispensers, in 4 stars hotel could be higher quality cosmetics.

Location very central, small hotel so its great for cozy stay. Good breakfast with great coffee.

Good location,nice rooms, staff crap
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were not even a little bit friendly. That would make me not go back there. A friendly smile from the staff would have gone a long way, really felt that they just didn't like us

Comfortable beds and good breakfast spread. Great location

Very clean room and friendly staff, fast check in and check...
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was a bit small and lacked natural light, half of channels on the TV not working.

Very clean room and friendly staff, fast check in and check out process.

Comfortable stay with a fantastic location
    • Double or Twin Room

Imperial Hotel is in the heart of old town and very close to the market square and all the must see attractions. Market Square is a short 5 minute walk away, the main road is a 2 minute walk away. The staff is very helpful and nice, breakfast was good, rooms were spacious and very comfortable. Very happy with my choice :)

Good place to sleep and eat on Tallinn vocations.
    • Double or Twin Room

Expensive parking inside -20$, Minimum of lights, so dark to do smth; drop of sqm of room for such price.

Very close to center, clean, taste breakfasts and all necessary available at your funds)

A perfect base for a very pleasant stay in a lovely old city, worth a visit.
    • Deluxe Double or Single Room

The hotel doesn’t have a bar - but it was close to lots of eateries and bars so not a big issue. (And a Rimi supermarket very close buy).

The hotel is perfectly situated to explore old Tallinn town, staff were friendly, breakfast good, we booked a larger room with a small kitchenette which was very useful as we were a group of friends staying over New Year, the extra room and fridge proved useful to store the bubbly and some snacks.

Good hotel to enjoy old city

Location is superb. Parking is problematic - on ththe street. They have only 1 parking lot on site. Breakfast is good enough. Quite if you get room that does not face the street. Otherwise you are in the downtown - so what do you expect? ;)

Family with a toddler.
    • Double or Twin Room

It's getting on in years, but I'd say that's to be expected in Tallinn's Old Town.

Great value for the money, very kid friendly, and an excellent location. Oh and breakfast was great!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Nice stay in a beautiful city of Tallinn

Low standards of cleanliness and a very small bathroom. Probably we should not be complaining about the room sizes as we have been given the free upgrade but in case you book two double rooms I guess you can expect the rooms not to be the same. Youngish guy who was working there only the first night wasn't able to answer our simple questions about the facilities and services they offer and told us to ask his colleagues in the morning.

Very prompt replies resulted in a smooth communication with the hotel's staff even before our arrival. We were checked in an hour before the official check in time. One of our rooms was upgraded for free from single room to a double room. Hotel is situated in a perfect location, everything except for Lennusadam Seaplane Harbour is within walking distance. Breakfast is worth the mention too.

Great location. A few details need to be attended to in order to make it a must stay place.
    • Double or Twin Room

There were three notable issues with our stay. Fist, there were no towels in our room (although there were two very nice bath robes). Once we requested them from the front desk, they were delivered in short order. Second, the shower gel/shampoo dispenser was empty. Most disappointing was the sounds from the neighboring room that where transmitted through the locked door that separated the two rooms. This door needs to be properly insulated.

Great location. Comfortable room. Breakfast looked good, but we didn't have time to enjoy it since we needed to catch an early ride to the airport.

Very enjoyable - an ideal base from which to explore the Old Town.
    • Double or Twin Room

We would have appreciated having tea/coffee making facilities in our room.

The king size bed, the great location and the elegant style. Staff were helpful.

Leisure and comfortable holiday in a very nice hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Wish to spend more days in Tallinn. Its a beautiful city.

Location close to old-town square and we got a chance to enjoy Christmas market. The Monks restaurant only 50 m away and serving a fantastic food. Mini Market only 3 minutes walks. Public transportation are easy to get. Good surrounding scenery and we enjoy our stay very much.

Good value for money, but nothing fantastic
    • Double or Twin Room

Not sure worth a 4 star rating. Presumably has this because of the spa (which we didn’t use). There is a mismatch between room service hours in the information packs in the room and what is actually available. Information pack states room service is available from 7am until 11pm. When I requested this at the front desk at 930pm, the member of staff dismissed the idea, stating it was only available until 11am. At first I found him to be a bit rude. After showing him the page in the book from the room he did ask what we were after and found us a kettle and some tea bags etc. It seemed he felt a bit put out by it all. In fairness he did find what we were after but it wasn’t exactly readily available as the staff didn’t seem to have a clue where anything was. I suggested checking the kitchen for the milk etc. On checkout another staff member advised the information was not updated since the restaurant closed and did apologise for the issue. Overall it is a bit poor for four star hotel to state there is room service but then not be able to provide it. I shouldn’t have been made to feel as though I was causing a problem for the staff when they were looking for a kettle etc. That said I’d still recommend the hotel as it is reasonably priced and good value. Just need to update the information in the room.

Good location and clean. Breakfast options sufficient and overall reasonable value for money.

imperial

NON

In the old city yet quiet, very good break fast,near the places of interest. near good restaurants and pubs, the imperial is in a old 2 stores building shaped beautiful. the pleasantness in every thing is made to make you fill good. chapeau!

Great hotel with excellent location
    • Double or Twin Room

The glass doors on the edge of the bath for the bath/shower combo made access difficult as the bath was high and the area to enter small. Improved lighting in the bedroom would be welcomed.

Hotel Imperial has an excellent location, quiet yet close to the main attractions both in and out of the Old City and is close to the Station. The room was comfortable and included a fridge which was most welcome. Breakfast was excellent with a good variety of items on offer. A great hotel, to be recommended. Thank You Hotel Imperial for a most pleasant stay.

Will go back there if they improve
    • Double or Twin Room

Checkin desk guy wasnt very friendly, made you feel like you are not the most welcome guest there... Inside of the rooms was not great either, i was dissapointed by the bed. Beds i might say, as we had 2 “foldable” beds put together, with an extra matress on top of them. Poor quality bed sheets and towels. Cleaning lady was clearly not doing much of cleaning there either. As we ran out of shampoo and other stuff in the bathroom and she “didnt notice”. Plus, no vacuum cleaning either. While we were having breakfast, she would sneak in our room to check what we used from the minibar. Minibar that i strongly suggest you dont use! Extremely expensive!!! You quite feel unwanted there or suspected of the worst... wifi signal poor, towards inexistent..

Great location, right in the heart of Old Town, which was exactly what i wanted. Hotel looked great on the inside, mostly on the hallways. Red brick constuction, you feel like you are inside a small castle, in perfect association with the buildings of Old Town. Breakfast from 7 to 10, in case you wanna sleep a bit more. And very rich selection i might add. Everything fresh! And the lady kept bringing more and more of everything! For those reasons i would recommend the hotel. Price-quality quite ok i would say, IF you are not planning to spend more than 2-3 days there..

Wonderful city, great hotel breakfast, poor staff lacking friendly manner
    • Double or Twin Room

Tallinn has exploded in tourism, however, those working in the tourist industry are behind in service and hospitality; the staff at the hotel were cold and straight-faced, and waitstaff in town downright rude!

Medieval city was pedestrianised! and massive in size!

Beautiful Historcal smll hotel on the wall of old town

All great

Historical building with lovely boutique hotel style, close to old city sites. robes a nice touch, excellent breakfast & staff, warm bathroom floor.

Nice, quite location close to the old square, but average room.

The room looked slightly dated. Especially the toilet was quite different compared to the room photos, with a worn off douche curtain instead of a shower cabin. Overall, not a four-star hotel feeling.

Very convenient location, close to the old city square, restaurants, etc. Transportation from the airport via tram is very convenient, about ten minutes walk from the tram stop. Breakfast was quite good with a lot of options.

We enjoyed Tallinn very much - possibly should have asked for a quieter room.
    • Double or Twin Room

Would have appreciated a tea/coffee maker in the room. Always nice to relax with a hot drink rather than to have always to go out to find one! Because our room was on the street it was quite noisy very early in the morning due to rubbish collection, deliveries etc.

Breakfast was extremely good - plenty of choice and variety. Location was good for station and for walking to centre of the city. Staff were helpful and were able to advise on transport options for visiting sites.

Comfortable, quiet stay - Fantastic location
    • Double or Twin Room

We missed the bar that is no longer in the hotel - this had been a nice touch before and we missed this.

Great location; central to the square. Staff were helpful and a great place - my second time here

Nice and quiet, a short walk from the main town square
    • Double or Twin Room

The reception area could be refreshed, colors and decorations in the room made more modern.

Breakfast was excellent - clean, open and spacious eating area, good variety of food (very tasty fruits). I appreciated the possibility of a late breakfast (until 11) and check-out until noon. Room was very quiet, in particularly with regard to noise from the outside (probably less from the corridor, but the seemed not to be much traffic in it during my stay).

Comfy bed, nice roms, good breakfast and excellent location!
    • Double or Twin Room

Cold and not so nice spa area in basement. Just separated by curtains between the clients. Missed a pub/possibility to buy drinks/food. Bathroom in our room smelled a bit bad.

Comfy bed, nice roms, good breakfast and excellent location!

Very pleasant and enjoyable stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Slippers would have been nice and useful, since the floor was carpeted.

I had a very pleasant stay. The breakfast was very good, the location was excellent (right in the old town); the staff was friendly and the room was very confortable.

Breakfast is good.

Rooms are a bit small. Facilities are a bit old. Toiletries are kind of cheap (big bottled soap for both hair and body).

Breakfast is good. Location is right in the old town and near the Estonian government office. Very nice to walk around.

Tallinn with great location
    • Double or Twin Room

shower cabinet is tight and some part of cabinet door is broken. bathroom goes wet through

Very very good location..its 100mt to the old town hall... clean, good staffs, nice breakfast..

Well positioned for an easy walk into Tallinn old town...
    • Deluxe Double or Single Room

Reception staff could have been more welcoming - happy! Breakfast woman was very efficient and polite however.

Well positioned for an easy walk into Tallinn old town centre. Hotel was quiet and overall comfortable.

Superb hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Would have liked to have tea & coffee making facilities in the room. on final eve we spotted kettles in housekeeping cupboard so asked for one and cups. These were delivered to the room - wish we had asked at the start of stay.

Fabulous location, tasty and varied breakfast, helpful staff. Loved the heated bathroom floor!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Hotel located at the entrance to the old city of Tallinn,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Person at the reception seemed not interested in us.

Hotel located at the entrance to the old city of Tallinn, good location. If you have a car, park it few minutes away instead of next to the hotel (3-10 EUR per day instead of 6 EUR per hour).

Just the best

maybe the pillows could have been of differing heights

Fantastic hotel, clean, marvellous breakfast, quiet, comfortable bed, pleasant and very helpful staff, very handy to walk both to old town and an area that has the old wooden houses, Kalamaja. Good market just by the Balti Jaam rail station.

Ask for rooms on the yard side of the hotel .

Poor internet. access point drops connections very often. very small shower cabin. no AC in the room, window opened all the time, noisy street below

Bed Breakfast

Location was great.
    • Double or Twin Room

I honestly don't know how this hotel is considered 4-stars... really, I am shocked. The carpet in our room was really gross and the bed and linens were so sparse. The only "4 star" item was a bathrobe. There wasn't even a kettle and the hairdryer was one of those wall dryer/shaver combos that basically just blows air. The hotel also advertises air conditioning which is not true (maybe background ventilation but certainly no cooling temperature control- I am an engineer). We were quite disappointed with this place and they even charge guests 18€ to use the spa facilities. We wouldn't come back...

Location was great. Quick walk to all of Old Town. Breakfast was nice. Room was decent size.

Great location, everything else so-so.
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was pretty dated. The staff were ok but not particularly friendly. Breakfast was ok. Overall it's fine but quite expensive for what it is and I'm surprised it has an official rating of 4 stars. Also getting into and out of the shower required long limbs and flexibility! The bath top was very high and the drop to the base was low. We laughed about it but in truth anyone with slight mobility issues and under 5ft4 would struggle!

The location was ideal.

Recommended!

Bathroom smelled a bit damp and toilet brush needed replacing. No tea-making facilities in room but an excellent specialist tea shop one minute from hotel sold takeaway.

Fabulous breakfast, quality and choice. I loved the four-grain porridge with a choice of jams and a splash of buttermilk or cream. Good size comfortable room, quiet hotel. Location is excellent.

The breakfast was amazing.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was amazing. They had a variety of cheeses, yogurts, cold meats, fish, compotes, and my favourite was the crepes. I am sure I have forgotten many of the items that were served. I just wish I had taken a picture. The location of the hotel is excellent. The hotel is very unique since part of it is built against the original town walls.

Browse Hotel Imperial traveller photo gallery