Reviews of Kalev Spa Hotel & Waterpark 4 stars

Aia 18, Tallinn City-Centre, 10111 Tallinn, Estonia

#49 of 99 hotels in Tallinn

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Breakfast was less varied if you arrived at 10, which was still one hour before end. Blackout curtains would not remove the light completely and there were some small windows without.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel was close to city centre, but still quiet. Room was very spacious and spotless. Varied breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

There is on-site construction and so it was bit noisy. Front-desk staff members were a bit cold.

Good and balanced selection of breakfast. Room is big and comfortable. Room air-conditioning was working as intended.

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

Being in a room on the first floor there was a little noise from the small street behind us. And there was also a whisper of noise from the ventilation system, even with the heat/air conditioning turned off.

We loved the buffet breakfast for the variety of foods available. The room was clean and comfortable. And the hotel was in good walking distance from both the old town and the ferry terminal (just down the hill from the old town, and about 15 minutes' walk to the ferry terminals).

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View without Waterpark Access

Room was maybe a little cramped feeling but this was only a very minor point. Had a balcony which made up for it.

Lovely hotel really well situated at the top of the old town, just outside the wall and within easy distance of the tram stop which was fabulous- made getting around so easy. The bed was super comfy, the room clean and the breakfast delicious with lots of choices. Reception staff were great & very knowledgeable about great public transport system & types of day tickets available.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

16€ for parking..so one night in hotel where waterpark is under construction(did not find any information about it prior booking) cost me 74.20€. Bed is so hard that i was waking up once in while all night long first of all because of paine in my lower back and secondary because of noise from the street when car go past. They also offer some parking spot somewhere alse for 3€ and to get there hotel stuff recommend me to breake road traffic regulation because it shortens driving path.. Just guesing how much it would cost me to cross 2 continious lines in center of Tallinn.. ) I am frequent traveler and can not remember when I was so disappointed last time. sorry

Good location just 2min walk to Oldtown

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

We were more than satisfied with our stay at this hotel and will definitely stay there again. The room was what we expected it to be. We were allowed to check-out 2 hours later and we were not charged any money for it. We found the location to be very convenient for us. All the places of our interest were nearby. We didn't feel the need to use any public transport. Highly recommended!

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

At breakfast you did´nt have bacon. There must be roasted bacon. The roasted bacon must be little brown, then it is good. Only warmed bacon is not enough. In the room i walked without socks, with naked foots. I have the feeling that i walked on dust. The floors should wipe with a damp, wet mop.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

The Spa and Leisure Centre were closed for renovations during my stay which I didn't know at the time of reservation but I did receive an email from the Hotel a week or so prior to departure informing me of this. Inside of kettle in room was completely rusty.

The Room itself was quite spacious and very clean. The Shower was very good, really strong water pressure which I like a lot and can be quite rare to find in some hotels. On check-out staff were very helpful with storing our luggage for a few hours before departing for the Airport. Hotel is in a great location with close access to Tallinn Old Town and Ferry Terminals for day trips. Good choice and variety at Breakfast also

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

There was no SPA. It is under construction. Therefore there is no SPA at all and very very noisy due to construction. We went there to use the SPA and nothing.

Its location. The dinner. The cleanliness. The bed is super and the bathroom is also very fine.

nothig

First of all dear staff of the hotel thank you very much for your super reception! The hotel is very nice and calm, the breakfast is more than OK! All you need you will find. The hotel is located next to the center of the city. To conclude I recommend this hotel for he couple, family with children or to the person who a travelling alone. Thank you!

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

-very small room; -there was a renovation of the hotel's building and works were very loud early in the morning; -door handle in the bathroom was broken; -not enough clean

-location;

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Waterpark and facilities were closed, I received an email one week before the trip (I would have preferred a bit earlier). Room at the 5th floor with view, but the view is not so exciting.

Breakfast, room clean, location very good.

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

The hotel was under renovation and the spa facilities weren't available, and this wasn't mentioned when I booked the hotel, and it was a big downer to be honest. Room was ok but kinda small and the AC/heating system was a bit noisy. Shower was nice and big but not really powerful.

Breakfast was good, I stayed 3 nights and there was a different selection for each morning.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

The room was partly dirty (e.g. next to the bed) - that should be improved for the room prices!

Room was very spacious, bed very comfortabel and the breakfast was good! Check-in and -out was easy and convenient.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

There are only 4 parking lots. Neither booking.com nor the hotel warn about that. Parking costs 16 euros per day. There was a large parking site for 3,5 euros per day nearby but it was really annoying to look for it at midnight. Noisy air vent in the room that cannot be toned down. The floor was full of fur perhaps after a pet. The bed location was very poor: you have to pass it by in order to get to the wardrobe and change clothes and shoes that made the floor dirty every time you enter. During the bad weather it irritates.

Nice location

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Delicious breakfast, king size double bed, and the location is near the old town and the modern center of the city "Rotermannni", just 5 min. to walk. The stuff is very friendly and ready to help. I would book this hotel again and i strongly recommend it to other travelers!

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Unfortunately our room was on the same floor as the breakfast room and so there was some noise in the morning. However, that didnt bother us too much. The main problem was that the water pressure in the shower was very weak and then that weak shower flooded the whole bathroom with water (the drainage was completely blocked) which also leaked into our room!! We had to mop it all up using our towels.

Breakfast was good, the location too.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Breakfast was nothing special. The air conditioning didin’t work very well and it was quite warm in the room.

The bed was very comfortable, location of the hotel s good

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

My room was just next to the breakfast room and the smell from the breakfast was coming through the door (which is not necessarily a bad thing) ;)

Very close to the Old Town, friendly staff, very clean, nice interior design.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Room was clean and with nice view, but neither room temperature control, nor the shower sink operated properly. However I can shower standing in water, but I can't sleep in +25C temperature. Ventilation fan of SPA facilities (attached to hotel) was roaring outside all night long, so opening a window was not a solution. Tiny details, but I had one of the worst nights. So if you do not enjoy sleeping in sauna or machine room, ask for a room facing the street (of entrance).

Well located hotel with nicely equipped rooms and fair breakfast at a very reasonable price. We haven't used SPA or a-la-carte restaurant. Parking was full, so I can't tell much about these facilities

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

I booked the hotel because of its waterpark and wellness facilities.. And when booking the room type was including the use of the facilities.. After paying for the room I received an email that the waterpark in under refurbishment until August but wellness section is open. When I arrived realised that nothing is open.. Only can have massages booked.. I wasn't offered anything in return either... Even got a room on ground floor next to the road :(

Bed confortable..

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

The rather pointless metal tables which did not go wirh the decor but this is just nit picking

Excellent receptionist, comfortable, decent breakfast and good location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

I really don't like how the room doesn't have good soundproof. I could hear a guy talking on the phone, plugged something on the wall or he moved a table. I could hear someone laughed in the hallway. Basically I woke up many times at night! They have this door connecting in between rooms and from previous comments, I wouldn't dare to open or knowing if it is even lock or not. I just make sure locked my luggage when I was out, or change clothes inside the bathroom. Wifi pretty slow in my room.

Location is perfect to old town or to the cruise terminals. The receptionist staffs are really helpful and amazing. Breakfast has lots of choices. I tried their porridge with jam and it was great! The welcome music is a nice touch. Can't say much about waterpark since it is still closed for maintenance.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Lace pillows in the room smell bad, need dry cleaning at least..

Perfect proximity: 3 minutes walk to this way, you are in old town; 3 minutes to that way, you are in new city center; 10 minutes to the north then you are at the passenger port. Good breakfast, clean bathroom and good value for money.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

The Spa and Wellness is closed and under construction (until fall 2018) which I knew from a look at the hotel website beforehand. What we didn’t know is that they have ongoing, super loud noise from construction work at some of the rooms as well. Monday at 9.30am the drilling started and we not only heard the noise but also felt the vibrations in our room and everywhere in the restaurant where breakfast was served. You had to flee your room or otherwise you would end up with a headache. Same procedure on Tuesday :( We were granted a free late check-out upon request b/c of the inconvenience. In our room, the mini bar, safe and fan in the bathroom didn’t work and couldn’t get repaired during a 4-day stay. Breakfast hours are 7-11am. The staff is the worst I have ever come across during many trips. They did not greet you, no hello, good morning or just a simple smile. Nothing. They were talking with each other, lounging outside the breakfast room (in the hallway) and make you feel really unwelcome towards the end of the opening hours. On our last day, the restaurant staff was rolling their eyes to the cleaning lady b/c we were sitting down at 10.40am and she had to wait with the vacuum cleaning. The half-full coffee cup was taken away without asking when it was close to but still before 11am. Everyone of them seemed unmotivated and bothered by the guests. The worst service experience ever. Reception staff was friendly and supportive!

The location is great to reach the Old Town of Tallinn in just a 2-3min walk but still have a little more quiet on the outside. The bed was comfy and the room could be heated by AC and an extra heating so it was warm and cozy in winter weather. Also a plus, one window could be opened for fresh air. The breakfast buffet had warm porridge which is a nice choice to offer before going out in the cold during winter time.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Poor breakfast. No vegetarian/vegan options and selection was small over all. Was notified about closed water park only a few days before our stay. Would have been nice to inform about that when we made the reservation.

New clean rooms.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Breakfast could have been better. My spouse said it looked like it was done in a previous day. Spa and water park was closed and renovation guys started to work at 8 in the morning.

Room was clean, modern and big enough. Had a luggage storage without extra costs. The price was very reasonable even if it was winter holiday in southern Finland.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Large part of the hotel is being refurbished. (the Spa and swimming pools) As such the SPA was not available. Also during the day there was construction noise but the hotel did their best to limit this as much as possible - so no noise before 9u30 and no later than 16u. Breakfast is extended but the offering was rather weird to my opinion (but that depends on what you like.) I would have liked to have simple sandwiches available. It should have been notified upfront about the construction works.

Nice and comfortable rooms

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Massage without Waterpark Access

Amazing hotel and very good staff,very close to all the attractions nearby.Walkable distance to the best indian hotels.. Best place to stay in Tallinn!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

The hotel is a SPA, but the SPA is closed, so we got a reduced price to stay at the heart of Tallinn. Surprisingly, we heard no noise from the construction site.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Heated bathroom floor wasn't that warm during the chilly winter days

Nice and clean hotel in a central location, friendly staff, spacious room with great view and comfortable bed. Enjoyed heated towel racks and excellent breakfast with some traditional estonian food (kama drink, black bread).

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

The heating in my room was not working so I used the AC to warm the room. I had to notify the reception twice about the issue before they sent someone to look into it, but actually did not do anything (he said he would be back after doing some checks, but he never returned). At the end of the day, and only after my third complaint, I was offered a different room, that sadly had the same heating problem (I checked before moving my stuff there). The temperature in Tallinn during my visit was -7C to -2C so having proper heating is something you would like for your stay. Also, Wi-Fi was quite slow (at least at my corner of the hotel) so I used my 3G connection.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner were excellent, their restaurant is highly recommended. The hotel is quiet and clean. The rooms are decorated in good taste.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Bed sound-proff. The room was on the 4th floor just opposite the restaurant - smell of food every morning.

Good location - just a few minutes to the center. Nice staff, good breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Perfect hotel near the old town. Very very clean. Perfect breakfast! Also it is very good for vegans. Next time visiting Tallinn we will choose the same hotel!

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

The bed was a bit on the soft side as we're used to hard beds. Water park was not open due to renovations, but on the other hand that gave very high quality room for very good price

The breakfast was very good, I liked about the room that there was no wall-to-wall carpeting, everything was very clean

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Kalev SPA is absolutely not about 4 star hotel! Please, take your attention to this point! Dust in the room on the bedtables. In the bathrooms they don’t have personal bathroom implements, it is like in the 3 star hotel: only wall place accessory with all in one gel-shampoo-conditioner. While check in on the floor we felt very bright smell of vinegar. SPA was closed to renovation. The parking place near the hotel is need to be payed of 16 euro per 24 hours. So, in case you want to stay with comfort and pleasure, I do not advice you this hotel, in spite of location.

Location is the only good thing I can to say about Kalev SPA hotel! Quiet near the old town, 5 minutes walk to the mail square.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

I expected the children's playroom since it was shown on the pictures but it was not accessible due to renovation.

The location and room were perfect!

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

Quite small rooms for a luxury hotel, my parents didn't even have a coffee machine in theirs despite the room description when we booked saying they would have. In fact I think the only reason my sister and I had one in our room is because we'd been wrongly given two double rooms so we were upgraded to a twin on a different floor. So my parents didn't really get the room they booked. We would have expected more from a 4-star hotel, our rooms were more like 3-star (in fact they weren't as good as the 3-star hotel in Riga we'd just come from).

Would recommend. Breakfast was good, plenty of hot and cold options, hot chocolate and juices, and available till 11am every day which was great! Location was excellent, very close to the old town, round the corner from the supermarket and also only ten minutes from a shopping mall and hypermarket (and also ten minutes from the beer shop/the beach!). Right slap bang in the middle of everything basically. Friendly staff, gave us two double rooms at first but quickly sorted that out, then when we left they ordered us a taxi using our preferred taxi company. Our room had seats in the windows which was nice; we could sit and watch the snow fall.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

The hotel bar could use a few lessons on how to make cocktails, however they were fun and open to help when ordering a margarita :-) Airco units on the outside of the window of the room we stayed in was pretty noisy all night. Emergency exits partially blocked on every night of our stay with cleaning trolly, hover or unwound hover cables.

Beds were very comfy and the room was nice and clean. The staff were polite and freindly.

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

Unless there were some renovation works therefore the waterpark is closed. I did not check therefore it was quite a big disappointment. They offer to go to Bravo SPA next door but unfortunately there saunas were in renovation too... Another thing take care abotu the heating the system, we ended sweating in them iddle of the night.

Breakfast was nice, bathroom nice, all was nice. Staff helped us with a perfect english. Center old town is 5 minutes walking distance away. Area is really quite.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

A lot of heat coming from the refrigerator- it made the room extremely warm. We turned off all heating and still needed to open the window.

Modern rooms, large bed, great location, nice breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

We booked a double bed room, but we got twin beds. Also, staff could be friendlier (but I guess this might just be a Nordic thing :)

Very convenient location to see the old town, but also close to the city centre.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Some option of hotel aren't included because of reconstruction. I hope to visit it again and try everything

Located in Old Tallinn, which allows to explore what we planned in 2 days.

• Family Room without Water Park Access

Coffee at breakfast. - These types of coffe machines cannot make coffee that stays good for more than 10 minutes. - I remember these from my fisherman days where the Coffee was standing in the coffee machine all night and the whole canteen smelled of really bad overboiled coffee. - Here was the same story, but not quite that bad.

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

The amenities - I didn´t think of bringing shampoo or conditioner, was a bit disappointed that there weren´t any

Comfy bed, good location, staff helpful enough

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

The stuff is very friendly and nice. The room was clean, bed is comfortable. Perfect location for tourists who want to stay near the Old City and have access to public transport (3 min to buses and trains). Nearby is grocery shop; bars; famous sightseeing. Parking space for taxi.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

not very good soundproof (heard noice from street at nighttime), door in bathtub shower was not working

spacious clean room, good location near Old Town, nice breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

WiFi in my room (404) didn’t work, so I had to seat on the floor in the hallway to be able to use it. Staff wasn’t very helpful. Also the gym, waterpark and saunas are closed for renovation. Toilet utilites didn’t have toothbrush, toothpaste, Hair shampoo or conditioner so I had to buy it all

The hotel is nice and clean and in a good location - good deal money/quality, fine breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

We had to change the room because it was wrong and it was dirty. Second room was correct but wasn't that clean. No one said even sorry. The cleanliness and maintenance is quite poor. Employees are not very welcoming, no one says even hi or bye. Breakfast quality is low, but wide selection. Apparently many guests could go to hotel across the street to use the swimming pool and facilities, but no one mentioned that to us.

The location was good, walking distance to most of the tourist attractions.

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

No indication the water park was closed when I booked it and then wanted to charge an additional fee for me to use another venues facilities. Very disappointed that this wasn’t made clear when I made the booking as I would have remained in the other hotel if I’d have known.

Breakfast and staff good

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Massage without Waterpark Access

The wall btw 2 rooms are so thin, I can hear every single convo from the next door, and there is this wired door exist btw 2 rooms, and mine wasn't even locked when I first entered the room.

• Economy Double Room

Poor communication regarding spa refitt. Not told until week before, alternative not mentioned until arrival when we had now swimming gear with us having been told the facilities were unavailable

Good location good breakfast nice room

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

total lack of drinking water, only paid options in minibar which is really dirty and sticky inside so use as fridge for what you bought is a bad thought, never mind taking anything from there really most horrible coffe for breakfast, bad even for instant coffee standards, better totally avoid and opt for one at the reception bar (good one albeit expensive).

Excellent value for money: location, bed, cleanliness all ok, breakfast decent, normal wifi, shops to get essentials close by and hotel accessible by car which is a huge plus for old town. Old town on one side, park on the other and business city in 5 min walk. Each room has a balcony and the view is really nice to all directions - plus in warmer weather.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

The a/c. But, by taking the card out I could turn it off and the tv remained on.

Great location. It s comfortable and clean. Nice that breakfast is included. I would use it again. Only problem is that I did not get wifi?

• Economy Double Room

It was unfortunate that the hotel was undergoing renovations at the time of the visit. Health center was not available.

Super location for visiting the old Town. Lovely breakfast with a great selection of items.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Wi-fi in our room is not good. Especially, in/near the bed, both Android and IOS is not well. We cannot have breakfast, because there is unpleasamt smell in the elevator and breakfast room in the breakfast time.

Bath was good. Room was clean. Wi-Fi in the bath was good.

• Economy Double Room

It is advertized as a spa hotel with the swimming pools and other related facilities. However, which was not mentioned in the information on the hotel, all the facilities (the swimming pools included) were under conservation. Hence, a guest had to go to a nearby hotel with lesser quality facilities, should they wish to avail of them.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

The room was too cold and the AC had only cold temprature,also it was not so clean even to walk inside without shoes or slippers and there was another one door inside the room and when i open it i saw a girl sleeping,it was connecting with the next room and i told to the reception to send someone to locked it..TOO expensive for what they offer

The location was perfect few minutes walk to the old town centre

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

All the water facilities were closed The room was dirty I had people not the guests of hotel knocking on my door at night and I had to call the security No tea or coffee in the room Loud construction noise

• Economy Double Room

When we arrived, the clerk said that they were out of parking, and told us that I would have to park in a pay lot a few blocks away. Their back lot was empty, but roped off for construction, so that might have just been a temporary situation. Also, the bartender for the lobby bar went home at around 9PM, so no mixed drinks after that, but the clerk could get you a beer; seemed odd.

Adjacent to both downtown, and the Old Town district, so there's lots to do within walking distance. We went while the water park was closed for maintenance, so I think we got a discounted stay because of that, but they offered the use of neighboring locations pool facilities for free.

• Economy Double Room

The front desk was empty at my arrival and I had to wait several minutes before someone came to check me in. The safe in my room was not working. My room was located on the first floor and the many pedestrians could just look into it when they walk in the street, unless you keep the curtains shut. The street was also quite noisy.

Well located at the edge of the Old City. Quite big and convenient room. Quite some choice for breakfast. Enough room for sitting in breakfast area and the staff is very quick at making tables ready for next guests, however there isn't enough space around the food supplies and you often bump into other people when you try to help yourself. I was leaving early upon departure and they had kindly prepared a breakfast bag for me to take away.

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

- Late check-in, only possible after 15:00. - Temporary noisy works in progress in the structure. - No real cappuccino at breakfast.

- Large room fully equipped and functional. Location very close to the Tallinn old town

• Economy Double Room

The bed was not enterly confortable.

The location is very good. Because of the fact, that the swimming pool in the hotel was in restauration, i could use the pool in the hotel in front. It was nice.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

The wifi connection was really bad in the room (almost non-existent). I did not like the fact that I was not informed that swimming facilities were not available in the hotel (closed for reconstruction).

I liked the location and the view outside the room's window. The breakfast was really nice with a range of options to choose from. The room was big and clean with a super cozy bad. The staff was friendly and easy to approach.

• Economy Double Room

Great location waterpark closed for maintenance but able to use other spa facilities and they informed me in advance which was good. Good breakfast and clean and comfortable rooms

• Economy Double Room

It did get a bit noisy but nothing too bad. The double bed was really two single beds.

The location is perfect. Martin was the person who greeted us, he was very attentive, helpful and polite. Room was cleaned every day and we had clean towels daily too. Breakfast with a good range of food. I would recommend this hotel, just remember you get what you pay for were the rooms are concerned.

• Economy Double Room

In the first floor was very noisy early in the morning with opened window. Room was very small. Waterpark was closed, parking was additional expence.

Room was small, but everything in it was very fresh. Air condicion works good. Nice and clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

Parking cost an extra 16 euros per day. When the spa is operating again it will probably get noisy there. Our bathroom is only suitable for acrobats

Very close to the old town, 5 minutes walking time.

• Spa Double or Twin Room

Hotel´s own spa was in remont, so I got a voucher to the spa just opposite the street. That spa turned out to be quite old-fashioned, soviet style. So long the hotel´s own spa is not in use, the hotel should not be recommended as a Spa hotel, just a hotel using the spa cross the street.

The location is good, just a short walk from the ferry terminals in Reisisadam. Enough far away from the old town noicy streets. I needed tools for ironing my shirt, those were delivered quickly to the room.

• Economy Double or Twin room without Waterpark access

The check-in time could be better. I had to wait for about 3 hours. Although it was stated on their website, I thought they could be flexible. Unfortunately, I had to wait. However, they provided a luggage room to keep my bag until check-in time. That's it.

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in Tallinn if not the best. I love everything about it. It's close to the port and old town. As for the room, it was just excellent. Comfortable bed, clean room, and bathroom. I will come back to this hotel in the next few weeks. I think I have found myself a good place to relax whenever I visit Tallinn.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We just didn't read the small print on a kilometre long Booking.com page. The hotel SPA was closed and it was really badly communicated - we truly believed the Booking.com "best spa in Tallinn" and all the images of a nice spa. It should have been indicated better in the actual body text or somewhere else than "in the fine print" that the spa is closed. Take off the spa images if the spa isn't available, for gods sake! A hotel which provides vouchers for other SPAs isn't a SPA, end of story. Totally false marketing. And on top of that, the staff was really unfriendly to understand the client in this situation. Client isn't the king in Kalev Spa. When we arrived the hotel, there was a nerve wrecking construction drilling going on. Luckily it was only on our first day. No warm water on one morning, no warning in beforehand or explanation or apology from the staff when asked - nice! Breakfast was pretty mediocre, but worse was the breakfast/dinner room arrangement. The breakfast utensils and furniture is placed on the most narrow space available causing pushing and stressful breakfast queueing.

The location is great! Clean rooms.

• Economy Double Room

I've choose this hotel because of the wellness facilities. It was all closed down when I was there. I was very disappointed. The bed was very uncomfortable, the room very small. For less money, you can find better accommodation.

• Economy Double Room

Very friendly attitude from waitresses and receptionists . Very fast in solving any kind of problems, that was very nice and professional. The room and bathroom was very clean and quiet.

• Standard Double or Twin Room without Waterpark Access

The Hotel didn't tell us the Water-park was closed, surprise surprise after checking in we were notified, so I feel cheated, scammed, even though they offered to us to go to spa across the way. My Daughter was especially disappointed, exited looking forward to it and then the anti climax, slam in the face disappointment

• Economy Double Room

I ordered room with waterpark access - it was pointed in Bookings.com. Later I received message from hotel that waterpark is closed and I have option to walk the street to another pool. Personnel in reception is like they do not received any salary in last few months - simple smile is not possible. All rooms has windows to street and has noise.

Breakfast is good