2. Estonia hotel reviews
  3. Harjumaa hotel reviews
  4. Tallinn hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Rija Old Town Hotel

Reviews of Rija Old Town Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Lai 49, Tallinn City Center, 10133 Tallinn, Estonia

#62 of 107 hotels in Tallinn

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

Clean and cozy hotel with an excellent location.
    • Standard Single Room

One thing I didn't like about my stay was the bathroom; it was pretty cramped and had a strange odour. Also my room was next to a big road, but that was fine as long as I had earplugs :)

I liked the decor and architecture of the building - the hotel's restaurant is veeery cozy and nice looking :) Nice staff members too and breakfast was lovely!

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

Perfect stay
    • Standard Single Room

Hotel is really pretty and the staff is so nice. I could leave my baggage in their locker room when I arrived early and also when I already checked out. On the day I couldn't make it to breakfast because I left early, they prepared a lunch box for me. Breakfast was also delicious with lots of choice and the interior of the hotel is amazing.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

A nice comfortable stay in a great location.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was okay, but not a particularly great selection. Some of the hot food was more lukewarm. The room was clean, except we did notice a stain on the mattress when making the bed.

The bed was very comfy and the location of the hotel was perfect, with only a short walk into the more central part of town. It was very easy to check in/ out and there is a luggage store in case you arrive early.

• Reviewed: February 8, 2019

Could be better.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Room was very basic and I wouldn't consider it good value for money. In desperate need of updating.

Hotel reception, foyer and restaurant beautiful and kept in traditional style. Staff were very pleasant and Hotel is in a perfect spot. Everything nearby and within walking distance.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2019

The breakfast was outstanding good and the breakfast area...
    • Standard Single Room

The staff was extremely unfriendly. The room was very noisy (close to a main road)

The breakfast was outstanding good and the breakfast area very cost. The location was very good, in the historic city center.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

- Compact but cosy and clean room with nice look and feel
    • Double Room - Basement

- disappointing breakfast - ''Restaurant'' is closed outside breakfast hours, some staff doesn't speak English and refused to serve me even coffee (I would be OK with it if I received that info during check in) - Nobody shovels snow outside the hotel - imagine dragging 25 kg luggage through ankle deep snow

- Compact but cosy and clean room with nice look and feel - Good value for money - close to old town & all the cool stuff - I could check in earlier which was a courtesy

• Reviewed: February 2, 2019

Property was in a good location, easy walk from most places...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The front desk was not super helpful when I arrived and tried to buy a public transportation pass for the day I was there. When I came back from sightseeing the front desk was very kind.

Property was in a good location, easy walk from most places in Old Town. Bathroom floor was heated which was a very nice surprise.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2019

Great value for money, friendly helpful English speaking staff.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Our room had some slightly strange electrics/items that appeared to have no purpose. It didn’t detract from our stay at all though, this is really great value for money. If you are looking for a five star experience then spend more of your money elsewhere.

The staff were fantastic. They were very friendly and extremely helpful. Everything was very clean.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2019

Great value for money.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The hotel has an excellent restaurant. Loved their food. The staff at the restaurant were extra nice. Breakfast was great also. The hotel was closed to the train station, close to a bus stop and the market.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2019

It was very convenient for a combination of the port the old...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was very convenient for a combination of the port the old town, the station and the trams. The room was fine, the breakfast adequate and value good.

• Reviewed: January 15, 2019

Good location and good room
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I think it’s maybe time for a restoration. Also a bad smell in the bathroom and not so comfortable pillows.

A really good location and quite good room with a comfortable bed. Nice old walls and ok breakfest.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Good location for nice money
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Room was very small and it is really not quite, beause of street behind window. Bathroom smells. Breakfast same ever day.

Location is great, very close to Old town. Room service every day excelent. Wifi works good. City map at reception.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2019

Much money for less value
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Bad smell like sewage on the hallway and in the room, small room and few and ruined furniture, no shelves , no safe. For breakfast no tables for all guests, poor assembled, few choices, sink in bathroom was small like a soup bowl, no drawers in the room.

The rom was good warm, shower, toilet ok.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

Sufficiently comfortable hotel in oldtown
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The hotel is not brand new and you feel it. Unfortunately heated floor in the bathroom did not work thus the bathroom was cold. An extra blanket or two during winter would have been nice.

The hotel has convenient location in a quiet part of old town. The staff is rather friendly and helpfull. The breakfast was just ok, nothing extraordinary (enjoyed black bread, porridge, crossants, however I was hoping for better coffee, tastier omlette and more fresh veggies) but dont get me wrong, it wasnt the end of the world for us. All in all its a great value for money hotel in Tallinn.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2018

Very pleasent stay
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The hotel is situated right in the old town. The tram station is only a 2 minute walk away. The staff was very kind and helpful. We had our bus departing at 6 am and they prepared the breakfast for us to take away at 5 am. I would definitly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

Great little hotel hidden in the old town
    • Standard Single Room

This hidden gem is in the old town, what else can you ask for? Breakfast was really good, room was clean and cozy, although a little outdated. My room was with handicap access, so the layout was a little weird, especially the shower and the bathroom. I enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Worth recommending
    • Standard Single Room

The room was a bit small, but I had a really nice view, so can't complain.

A nice place, at the edge of the old town, so definitely a good location, easy to get there from either side of the old town. The breakfast was simple, but very good.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

City Break
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The only thing I could fault would be the breakfast but that is just down to personal choice. I can’t say boiled veg is a breakfast in England! But I made a cheese toastie everyday and that was fine for me!

Really lovely place to stay. Good location. I have seen a few bad reviews about rooms but ours was a perfect size and we had a double bed.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

An unforgettable wonderful vacation.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I do not have negative experiences. Everything was OK.

Everything was great :). Very friendly staff and very good food. Tallinn is very nice, people very friendly and the city is very clean. I will visit Tallin to friends.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

The staff was friendly and helpful, for the breakfast there...
    • Standard Single Room

The toalet is really tiny😊

The staff was friendly and helpful, for the breakfast there were different options to choose from, the room was small but authentic and clean!

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Lovely view, breakfast and location, but not so good if you want to spend loads of time in the hotel
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The communication by email didn't really work. The trip to Tallinn was a birthday present for my partner. As such, I emailed the property before our arrival to ensure that everything was in order and to see if we could perhaps check in a little earlier but we did not get any feedback from them, which was disappointing. The room was tiny (if you ever stayed in an EasyHotel, it was just a little bigger than that, but the double bed was pushed to the wall so I usually just crawled over it to get to my side. The bathroom was also tiny, and the shower wasn't the cleanest I've ever seen, but it was OK.

The location of the hotel was perfect, and it had everything a hotel should have. Nice reception, breakfast, hairdryer, room service, clean towels, so the place did meet our expectations in the overall. Location, breakfast and view is what we appreciated most.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Good location. Great price!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Maybe put a hotel sign on the rear side of the building also. When arriving we walked by the hotel missing it by 20 meters not realizing this is what we are looking for.

Excellent location near harbor. In Old Town but with good price.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

worst hotell expirience
    • Double Room - Basement

Awefull, I booked a room with a kingsized bed and got 2 beds in seperate corners of the room. Them telling me there is nothing they can do. This is unacceptable. The room interrior was broken with paint comming off the walls. Upon asking for a late-checkout I wouldve paied 80% of the nights cost. Of course on top of that I needed to go down right away to pay them... unprofessional. The free breakfast had no possibilities for laktose/gluteen intollerant people.

Nothing to be honest, worst hotell expirience I've ever had.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

(Stayed 2 nights in an economy double room with 2 single...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

- It's not a new hotel, so you feel it. The toilet seat is plastic. - Extra blankets in the room would be appreciated: it wasn't very warm at night. - Some strange options for breakfast: there's herring, potato salad but croissants and pastry seem to be in very short supply: we couldn't get any in 2 days.

(Stayed 2 nights in an economy double room with 2 single beds) + Convenient location in a quiet "corner" of the historical centre of Tallinn, very close to the tram stop "Linnahall" (Tram 2 - change to Tram 4: an easy and quick way to go to the airport) + Good beds and pillows + A mini-bar in the room, heated floor in the bathroom + Historical feel of the building + Porridge for breakfast - healthy! + Good value for money

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

Expedient service with a good restaurant close to the ferry harbour.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

As a sizeable male person the bed was, allthough fluffy and nice, somewhat small in this last room available.

The personnel was helpfull and the breakfast just perfect. The location was great considering also the ferry traffic.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Tallinn old town is beautiful, very enjoyable stay
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Rooms were clean but very basic and ours were nothing like the photos. Bathroom needed some attention but underfloor heating a bonus. Let down by no tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Location very good, just on the outskirts of old town. Staff were friendly and helpful, the biggest down fall was being charged 28 euros to prebook a taxi which was paid at the hotel and be met at the airport which I thought was great but then when ordered a taxi to return was charged 8 euros by the driver!

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Hotel without wi-fi in the room
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

No wi-fi in the room - really big disappointment. Only one lamp over the bed. Very small table, small room.

Perfect location, in the old town. Quiet neighborhood. We had a room with view on the St. Olaf's Church. Good breakfast in an atmospheric restaurant. Water kettle in the room.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

The location was excellent with good view from window
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

WiFi only available in reception. Room was a little small but probably typical of older European hotels.

The location was excellent with good view from window

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Good location and very quiet.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

There are carpets on the floor of all aisles and rooms. I don't like the feeling since I'm allergies. The window of my room was too small and high. No good view in the room.

Good location and very quiet. Breakfast is above average. Staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

Very close to a tram line and only a 3 minute walk to the...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Very close to a tram line and only a 3 minute walk to the main square. Lovely quiet hotel with the benefit of being located in the old town. Room was very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

Not very satisfying
    • Double Room - Basement

During the time me and my husband were at the hotel, the receptionist L. was nice and glowing. Nonetheless, as soon as we checked out she seemed not to care about us, even if we just left our luggage at the hotel to explore more of the town. Her treatment was misplaced and rude. The bathroom was not cleaned properly. The towels were overused and one had hair on it. The toilet was unwashed properly. The breakfast was cold, not very appealing, and not very healthy. Surprisingly, not to many vegetables and fruits were offered, especially now when it is the fall season.

The bed was the only thing that me and my husband enjoyed.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

Cozy and nice place in old town
    • Double Room - Basement

Nice and comfortable hotel in the old Town of Tallinn. Very polite personal, clean and cozy room, really comfortable bed and showers. Also I like that check out home is not too early - at 12:00. Everything was good, I would choose this place again when I am in Tallinn

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Good value and great location
    • Double Room - Basement

Restaurant staff were not happy and room was a bit small.

Whilst we were initially disappointed with our room it only took a day to appreciate the hotel and its location. Our room was small but the feel of the hotel in the walls of the old town centre more than compensated for that. Hotel front desk staff are friendly and helpful but restaurant staff appear to be very unhappy, however they did their job they just didn't do it with a smile. The location of the hotel is its best attribute and the fact it was an old school and horse stable adds to its mystique and character.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Good hotel in a heart of old town
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

- Room 101 was very very small with a very strange location of beds. Later on photos of the hotel I found that such rooms really exist in this hotel. - No parking. Only 15-minutes waiting area near hotel

- Location in a heart of old town. - Very good restaurant. Try chicken lover mouse. It's perfect - Good breakfast

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

Comfortable, clean, great location and great breakfast. Rooms needs some refurbishment
    • Standard Single Room

First impression of the room was not great. The painting on the walls was starting to peel off in certain areas. Nevertheless, the room was comfortable and clean.

Great location- in the old town, close to major tourist attractions. The restaurant of the hotel looks great. The breakfast was really good, providing many food options. The Wi-Fi worked well on the second floor and in the restaurant. The rooms were heated and rather comfortable.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

Perfect location, tasty breakfast, friendly staff, clean...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Spots on the wall due to renovation aren't appropriate. A little bit outdated facilities.

Perfect location, tasty breakfast, friendly staff, clean rooms.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

OK
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Bed was little bit too soft. Room was so small that they could't fit crib for the baby in the room. If was really hot in the room and we don't know why: heater was off and it is already September, outside was bit chilly.

Good location, quiet to sleep. This place is not luxury, nothing to remember but OK for couple of nights.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Great place to stay in an interesting location.
    • Double Room - Basement

There was no wifi available in our room, so we had to into the corridor or down the stairs to the lobby. Normally it wouldn't matter much, but on this occasion it did. There was mould in the bathroom and that made the room smell. Had to open the outside and inside windows.

The front of house staff were great. The on-site restaurant gave great food and service at a very good price. Check out the daily specials.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

It was a lovely stay. I had so much fun there. I'd gladly come back someday.
    • Standard Single Room

The location was lovely. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, and very pretty - good decor. They had comfortable beds, that with the location made it a perfect place to relax after a long day of exploring. I really recomend this hotel, you wont regret it.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

Excellent location: easy to get from/to airport by...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Tiny shower in bathroom ( twin/double room)

Excellent location: easy to get from/to airport by public transport, close to ferry and located in old town. Decent breakfast, amazing deserts in restaurant! Staff very helpful and professional.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Location is perfect - at old town petimeter which on one...
    • Standard Single Room

Lack of powerpoints, only one at floor level under the table, to free second had to unplug minibar - forget about quckly snd easily charging your gadgets. No place for suitcase, if room is small than at least bed should be higher to allow placing it under. Generally furniture terribly unergonomic which is really bad given room size.

Location is perfect - at old town petimeter which on one hand allows a taxi to hotel on the other everything you need and all sightseeing in walcable distances. Building is very warm with brick walls so thick you can sit hidden on windowsill.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

My Stay at the Rixwell Old Town Hotel
    • Double Room - Basement

No parking available at the hotel so guests with vehicles must use a public parking lot located nearby. Some traffic noise from the roadway adjacent to the hotel.

The Rixwell is located just inside the Old Town wall and is within easy walking distance of Old Town attractions, restaurants and entertainment. The hotel staff members were friendly and helpful and the room was small but comfortable. There was a good shower and WiFi connection. I had booked a basement room but the staff upgraded me to a single room on a higher floor at no extra charge. The buffet breakfast was very good. I would certainly recommend this hotel to other travellers.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Topi
    • Double Room - Basement

Room in the basement was quite small.

Bed was quite comfy. Location is really nice if you travel with ferry. Staff was helpful. Breakfast was very simple but tasty, herring was great

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Well located hotel but ask for a room away from main road.

Room smaller than expected, noise from constant traffic on major road outside room. Unwillingness to give out second room keycard.

Very helpful staff, location on edge of old town, good value price.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

I'LL STAY ELSEWHERE FOR THAT MONEY.
    • Standard Single Room

tHE LOCATION IS SUPERB, BUT IT' NEEDS A COMPLETE AESTHETIC UPGRADE. COMMUNIST ERA FEEL WITH A FEW UPGRADES., NOT FOR SOMEONE WITH DISCERNING TASTE. ROOMS ARE VERY VERY SMALL. WE HAD A ROOM ON THE BACK WITH VERY LOUD TRAFFIC. WE HAD TO OPEN THE WINDOW BECAUSE IT WAS VERY NOT, THERE IS NO AC. WHEN WE RETURNED WE ASKED FOR A ROOM ON THE CITY NOT ROAD SIDE WHICH WOULE BE QUIET. THE GIRL PUT THIS IS THE RESERVATION. WE WERE TOLD IT WAS SET. BUT WHEN WE RETURNED A FEW DAYS LATER WE WERE LISTENING TO THE SAME LOUD TRAFFIC, ONLY ONE FLOOR HIGHER. IT NEEDS A TOTAL AESTHETIC OVERHAUL. GREAT BUILDING - BUT HORRIBLE TASTE IN EVERYTHING.

tHE HELP AT THE DESK WERE VERY NICE.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

The only good thing about this hotel is the location in old...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The hotel is old and dirty. Toilet extremely small. Rooms poor and without aircondition. Breakfast poor. I would never go back!

The only good thing about this hotel is the location in old town.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

Hotel has a great location.

Rooms are so small because of old design of building. But enough for 2person

Hotel has a great location. It’s so easy to arrive port of Talinn Bed is so comfortable. Staff are so frendly and helpful. Really thank you to Arzum Derya for all her helps about our Estonia trip.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Somewhat expensive for size of room. Location good - 10mins. walk to centre of old town. Good coffee
    • Standard Single Room

Room was smaller than anticipated, very hot, couldn’t reach the fan on top of the wardrobe, no T&C in the room

cleanliness, breakfast, staff, 24hour reception, location

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

very expensive for this type of accomodation

breakfast very simple-no fried eggs-one coffee machine-clients had to queue to put coffee-rooms very small-photos are missleading-no aircondition-cleaner always forget to put toilet paper and soap in the bathroom!!!

the receptionists were very helpfull-

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Great, quiet location, clean and neat!
    • Triple Room Basement

The breakfast was too "local" with boiled potatoes or vegetables with the porridge (!), only one - sweet - kind of yoghurt and an omelet that reminded me of rubber. Make it more continental, and it's quite ok! Reception and restaurant staff could maybe smile once in a while?

Nice beds, clean room with new towels and bed linen every day. Very good and quiet location close to everything in the Old Town of Tallinn.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

Good location in the Old Town.
    • Double Room - Basement

Very stuffy small room with no fan (and no interest in providing one from the management in spite of hot weather); threadbare small towels; poor lighting. Met standards of 40 years ago for desperate backpacker. So a nostalgia trip for the 65+ traveler. breakfast same standards.

Good location in the Old Town. If you consult online maps you can easily get there by train, tram or on foot. We took a cab for 10 euros and were happy to do so. You do need to agree price upfront and confirm it is for trip not per passenger.

It was in the old city
    • Standard Twin Room

It cost $200 a night and there was no value . The single beds were not suitable for adults , they were smaller than normal beds . You could have got something a lot better for the money. You could not move in the room . The bathroom was smelly and the receptionist would not give us a spare key . We were over charged and disappointed.

It was in the old city

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Great for a short stay, but consider another hotel with aircon when it's hot

The area is noisy as it's close to a pedestrian alley used by nightowls and tourist groups. Also, I wouldn't recommend this hotel when it's hot, which is luckily very rare in Tallinn. I considered changing the room, but after consulting a few other guests I learned that most other rooms were hot and noisy as well.

The location is great, close to the historic city walls, and the hotel is in a beautiful building. The rooms are comfortable and most of the staff is friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Good, location, but average hotel
    • Double Room - Basement

The room was quite hot as there was no aircon or ventilator. Despite of booking a room with a double bed, I have received a room with two single beds and was told that the only thing they can do is push these two beds together :-( And on top of that, the mattresses were way too soft and felt a bit worn out already... The floors could have been cleaner and there was a bit of mold in the shower. Also, breakfast was rather average, and on the second day I had to sit in the lobby to eat as the few tables in the breakfast room were either occupied or had not been cleared yet. This was by far the most expensive hotel on my trip to the Baltcis, and I would definitely have expected more value for money...

Located at the edges of Tallinn's old town

• Double Room - Basement

I booked room on the basement floor but when I arrived staff made me surprise and gave me room on the 4 floor. It was totally dirty. Mattresses were awfully dirty (look at photos). How the hotel can provide such things for visitors - I can’t imagine. The toilet was broken (look at picture). The only thing made by hotel cleaning service was making beds and towels but those towels were not even changed for clean! And when you leave the room you can see in the corridor baby bed, mattresses, dirty towels, cleaning service stuff. The quality of food provided for breakfast rose questions because I had stomach ache. The hotel staff was not friendly. I can not recommend this hotel!!!

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Rixwell - amazing location, services close to ideal
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Our windows open to busy road. Please, please stop using powdered eggs!

Very comfy bed, clean and spacious room, friendly and helpful staff. Broad choice of dishes/products within breakfast buffet (included in room price). Proper wi-fi. Amazing location (edge of old town).

The location is great.
    • Standard Single Room

I was in the 1st level, so... very noisily because the city is full of tourists. They have to implement a air conditioner, it was very hot .

The location is great.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

I did not like that because I booked a double bed room and I...
    • Double Room - Basement

I did not like that because I booked a double bed room and I received a very small room with two beds. And also the bathroom is too smal, after shower I opened the door to have enought space for wipe myself

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

Good location, cozy room, personnel is nice.
    • Double Room - Basement

Coffee is not tasty. Constant lack of coffee, cups, dishes. We had to go to the staff room to remind them that we need coffee in the machine and cups - to have a coffee.

Good location, cozy room, personnel is nice.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

It wasn’t possible to sleep in the room because of the noise...
    • Double Room - Basement

It wasn’t possible to sleep in the room because of the noise the room was located at an avenue and the only window let all kind of noise inside ymit wasnt possible to leave it close because there is no other ventilation

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

I would not recommend this hotel.
    • Double Room - Basement

This was the longest that took me to check in. Two staff at reception but only one computer, so it was not efficient way of working. Got a very small room that could basically fit a bed. It was super hot and there was no air conditioning or any ventilation. There is no bar or any place where one can sit and relax or even work on laptop.

Location was ok.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

Good value

It was very hot in Tallinn but the room did not have air conditioning. And it was not an option to have the windows open because of the very loud road noise.

Great location. Good breakfast. Roomy room.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Very dissapointing stay due to disrespectful staff and too expensive for a basement level room.
    • Triple Room Basement

Our room was in the basement with only one window. The window looked up onto a very busy road and there were often people standing outside of our window, which meant we couldnt leave the window open. The staff at check in was also TERRIBLE. The electronic key they gave us didn't work for our room. They tried fixing it, but it still didn't work. When it finally did work, there were already other people's suitcases in the room. The front desk woman, Lana, didn't believe us until she saw it for herself. It then took another 3 tries for her to program the keys to our correct room. None of this would have mattered had she been polite or even apologized for the trouble, neither of which she did. At one point she actually said "I'm tired of all the complaining, I can't take it anymore, I'm out of here". The last issue involved laundry service the next day. The hotel advertises same day service if laundry is dropped off by 9am. We dropped off a few items our first morning, before 9am. When we came back at 7pm to pick them up, we were told it hadn't been done. When asked why, a different front desk woman couldn't provide an explanation. We ended up having to take the dirty laundry back with us which was disappointing since we had chosen this hotel partly because of the ability to do laundry. Again no apology was given.

The location of the hotel in old town was great. The breakfast had lots of options. The check out process was smooth and we were able to store our luggage for half the day before we had to leave.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

great location, great value.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

My only issue was the rooms are small and the walls are thin, so heard the crying baby next door. Other than that, I like this hotel

great location, great value.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Late check out was requested, but they kept knocking at the door to vacate the room. Never experienced this at any other hotel

The location. Right at the centre of old town. Many attractions at walking distance

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Perfect location
    • Standard Single Room

The size of the bed makes the room so small. A kettle is not provided in the room. Fruits are not included in the breakfast.

Perfect location. Very close to almost everything including the Port Terminal. Very pleasant Reception staff. Breakfast not too bad (I just wished there was an option to request for egg omelette or sunny side up). Very quiet surroundings. I didn't hear any noise (I had a corner room on the ground floor. Near the road.). I love that there is a big mirror (inside the bathroom and another in the room itself. Wifi connection is good.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

When I arrived from Paris via Copenhaguen at 4.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

When I arrived from Paris via Copenhaguen at 4.00 A.M in the heart of the night, on the 12th of June (I departed from Paris on the 11th of June in the evening), I was exhausted. My flight transfer from Copenhague had been delayed two hours, and on arriving at Tallinn airport, the queue for taxis was endless, and very few cabs were showing up (or.. Dropping in), as if time would have stopped. I could reach the Rixwell Old Town Hotel two hours later than what I had previously announced by e-mail a few weeks ago already (I explained that I might arrive at 2:00 A.M.: I did not expect the transit flight would be delayed so much, with such consequences on transportations from the airport). The administrator who received me at the Rixwell Old Town Hotel was quite arrogant, and made me feel very bad, reproaching me I had arrived so late. She even pretended to give me a lesson that in such a case, someone should give a call - she did not care if I had technical conditions to do it: I did not happen to carry any mobile phone with me during this trip, as e-mail is sufficient for my work. I found this attitude very impolite. The administrator even dared to tell me I was lucky she did not cancel my reservation, as I was coming so late, enforcing guilt on me, on the top of it... No empathy for client's tiredness and clumsy situation, etc. This was really offending. I've seldom met anyone so impolite and arrogant as at this reception desk on the 12th of June, in any hotel in the world. This spoiled my whole stay at the Rixwell Old Town Hotel and you can be sure I'll never go back there again. Best regards JLL

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Fine location, staff, but overpriced

Location. Breakfast.

During the booking we asked double bed - it was possible to choose. Instead we received room with three single beds. Don't fully trust information for a parking provided in reception - they promote far from the best service provider: they accept only coins, you are allowed to pay maximum for 24 hours... Find Unipark.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

It was in an excellent location for the Old Town with pleasant and adequate facilities
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Lack of storage space, only a few clothes hangers, one wardrobe but o other storage space provided. Mean with tea bags and no milk for tea unless you asked

The view from the room was lovely the reception staff were helpful and the breakfasts enjoyable. the bedroom was cleaned regularly and a good shower

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Very nice lodging for a short stay in central Tallinn.
    • Double Room - Basement

The room was a little bit cramped. But then, it is an old renovated building; apparently one couldn't make the rooms bigger.

Nice location on the fringe of the fabulous Tallinn's old city. Convenient public transportation: a tram stop within a 5 minutes' walk, with a direct connection to bus station (15 minutes). to railway station (5 minutes), and to the airport (the latter requires one tram route change, but the whole travel won't take more than half an hour). Very good breakfast, with the presence of famous Estonian curd, and with a hot oatmeal milked porridge. The staff is very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Excellent Location in the old town.
    • Standard Single Room

Some rooms have small windows and can be stuffy.

Excellent Location in the old town. Do not expect large rooms and big beds...it is an old building with a lot of charm.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Sufficient for our needs, no frills.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Small room. Basic amenities. When we asked for additional pillows, we had to put the pillow sheets in ourselves. Just a small thing but could have improved our impression of the hotel.

Located in quiet part of old Town, but walkable to all the sights within.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Good

Room very small, could only get into double bed from one side. Breakfast very chaotic, need second coffee machine No internet reception in room.

Reception very good Great location

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

If you want a hotel full of character and friendly staff in the old town, The Rixwell is the one.
    • Standard Single Room

I liked the staff who were helpful and courteous, the breakfast selection was varied and of a high quality-the ideal start for a day of sightseeing. The location of the hotel within the old town was perfect for viewing the quaint old streets-something tourists from all over the world come to see.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Lovely hotel, perfect location!
    • Standard Single Room

I'd like there to be more vegan options at the breakfast. And access to free drinking water for the guests in the lobby.

Perfect location, easy to walk and explore the lovely Old Town. Comfortable bed. Helpful and sweet staff. I highly recommend this beautiful hotel.

We Price Match