Reviews of Old Town Hostel Alur

#28 of 99 hotels in Tallinn

Based on 1810 hostel reviews

Comft
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

We call 3 taxi from hostel staff, only 10mins wait 3 taxi is coming, from hostel to coach station is not far, i think 3 km within. 3 taxi fare is different, one is 4.8€,5.8€,and 9.5€.we ask that driver, we are different company, that meter run very fast, i think its meter is secretly change system, so if u take taxi, ask driver first before u board. Be carefully

In old town. 15minutes from bus stop

Great location, but need mending

I booked a single room and it was ok overall. But I could feel the springs since the matress was old. I could hear almost every sound on the same floor.

The location is great. The staffs are nice.

Hostel for short time
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I met 4 person in reception. One of them was not interested in the job, didn't give me any informations about anything, other one was not interested in job and not helpfull. Girl and guy with longer hair and black beard were friendly and professional. Ktichen was small and had big trash space in it, so it was little bit weird smell. Living room with broken football table and sticky bench is not ok.

Old Town Hostel Alur is great hostel if you are planning to sleep 2- 3 days maximum. Toillets were ok, my room was ok, so for sleep and toillet use was ok, price was ok.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Great stay, great location
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Great stay great location

Its easy to access from harbor and close to the downtown and the restaurants near by has good prices. Actually they are going to make it bigger in the future. Nice inner court yard!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The best location, right in the middle of old town, at an...

The best location, right in the middle of old town, at an unbeatable price. The room was super comfortable, and the toilet and showers were very clean. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

A fairly standard base of operations
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Beware of the cobbled streets if you're coming with a heavy wheeled bag! Security could be better: often during the day I could have walked from the street to my bunk without needing to touch the keys. Partly down to other guests, partly to hostel policy, but I'd rather not give details in public! Kitchen is very basic; the impression is that most guests eat out - there's certainly plenty of choice locally.

Located in the Old Town, so it's close to most of the usual tourist traps. A very short walk from a 24-hour corner shop. Uncomplicated access - one key for the street door, one for the dorm. Decent amount of storage space in under-bed lockers. Wall-mounted power sockets at each bunk.

Very central and good value for the price.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The inner courtyard was in a messy state, but that didn't impact the functionality of the structure. If your room is on the ground floor you can distinctly hear people talking in the street, but it never gets too noisy

Very central and good value for the price. Free tea and coffee in the kitchen

OK
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

As it is situated in the Old Town, the building is old, so the corridors and the stairs were dirty and stinky, although the room was renovated. Also the toilets and the showers were not so clean.

The location and the price was awesome, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean enough. Not the worst option for a hostel, but not the best either.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Decent centrally located hostel
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The bed wasn't too comfy. Could be a little noisy as there is a club nearby and my room had a window facing the main street which could be noisy when vehicles pass.

Good central location. Ample toilets and shower facilities (I stayed in the new building next door), which were clean and functioning well given they were relatively new. Fast wifi connection. Great recommendation for food too ! Nice big lockers beneath the bed with free locks provided at the reception.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The people that stayed in the hostel were nice.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

There was no coffee during my stay, that was really a pity.

The people that stayed in the hostel were nice. The location of the hostel is amazing! Right in the heart of the old town. The atmosphere in the hostel in good and the lockers are quit spacious.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Nice stay!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Beware if you have a huge luggage because the stairs could be a burden. But the staff will help if in need! :)

The dorm is spacious and the beds are comfy. Amazed by the bathroom partitions in the new dormitory building, as there are a lot of bathrooms and very user-friendly! The staff is helpful and they responded very quickly. Therefore, everything goes smooth for my 1-day trip in Tallinn!

Great ambiente and australian guy :)
    • Quadruple Room

The bathroom in the hingehst flat was really old.

I met a great blonde tall australian man there. Unfortunately I don't know his name. I'm the Schwarzwald-girl. The ambiente is nice. The room was nice. Good price.

It's a kind of place where you come in and feel like...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Quite stuffy air in the room,(summertime) but probably depends on the dormitory

It's a kind of place where you come in and feel like it's your friends' parents' house where you're going to spend weekend with music and a laugh (okay,let me use my imagination, not including dorm rooms with different people). This is the place where I made good acquaintances, had nice talks in the evenings, though I was staying there for four nights (or bloody night, yeah, I should not mention that lady snoring fiercely for two nights, that just for fun, you should not sleep a lot in a new city to explore:). Wonderful location for long walks around the Old Town. Reasonably priced. If I come around to Tallin (Old Town), I think I will keep this place in mind or recommend it. Thanks [P. S: the guy making his way home to Peterborough, we had a nice evening talk out there in the common room. I decided that I should keep in touch with good people I meet on a road trips (most likely you ll never meet those people in real, but Whatever. Life's short.) ✌️

Balanced Hostel:)

Would be better if there is a little desk in the room. The hostel may be troublesome to travellers having huge luggage too, if you are not strong enough to take your luggage to climb up the stairs.

The hostel is located right in the town centre. The private room is clean and has a window facing the open area in the apartment. Shower room and toilet seem to have renovated recently and thus they are clean and bright.

The location again is good, nontheless that's all I can...
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

This a well located hostel, however this did not meet.my expectation. The hostel was quite dirty, their were no organised events, lack of communication and unorganized staff.

The location again is good, nontheless that's all I can really say about this place.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

It's ok for bedplace

1.Dusty.Lot of it under the bed, windowsills. 2.No washing machine available

Location in the Old Town near to its heart.Hostel situated in old mansion, which is atmospheric thing. Price for bedplace is good.

It feels like home
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The upper bunk bed is a little bit too high in the room i stayed, but no big deal.

The location is good and of course the staffs are so so nice! Since it is an old building, it gives an estonian vibe and it feels like home!

Kitchen, shower is clean.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

As the hostel located in a very center of the old town it is hard to sleep there because of the noise from outside of the window which continues almost all night. So if you not a heavy sleeper this might be a problem.

Kitchen, shower is clean. Staff is alright. Everything as described on the site.

Location, friendly staff, confortable beds and clean toilets.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Big rooms that make things noisy, and showers have shared pipes taht during a shower is not a pleasure.

Location, friendly staff, confortable beds and clean toilets.

The location is perfect.
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

It was very noisy from parties at midnight.(well ...it had no choice because the hostel is in the city center)

The location is perfect. It is located in the city center. A bed is wide. Staff is at the front desk 24 hours. There are a lot of kitchen tools. I could make food by myself)

Try to get a bed/room in the newly renovated building.

Slightly chaotic checkin procedure due to lack of staff and many customers arriving at the same time.

I stayed in the new part ofthe hostel which seems still under construction. Its located in a very nice old renovated backyard house next door to the original hostel . Very quiet at night , lovely inneryard where you can have your breakfast , relax, smoke , read ...... Very nicely renovated room , very clean , comfortable bed , good Wifi , very nice bathroom and shower , kitchen. Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The location was the best part of my stay;
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

I booked my room according to a picture on booking.com, but I was checked in to another one, with reasoning that the room I had booked didn't exist anymore. When I expressed my disappointment I was offered reimbursement - at 18:00 on Sunday night, when I obviously had "great" chances of finding another property. Additionally, I checked my new room online and noticed that it was supposed to be 25 square meters, whilst its length was 2 bunk beds and width was also 2 bunk beds with extra-short distance between them. So in the end a room for 6 ppl ended up to be a wardrobe. Common area near the kitchen was super tiny, as well as an inner yard - with two cafe tables and three chairs. You also have to leave a deposit for a key, which is either 10 euro or a document, but there was no clear prior warning in the welcoming email. For someone who rarely uses cash this situation is also quite unpleasant. Overall, I think it was the worst hostel with over 8 stars i've ever stayed in my life, I'd rather leave solid 5-6 and question who are all those people who leave good feedback. Nothing against 6-star hostels, but I'd rather be informed to make a decision myself, than discover all those irritating things + some extra which I don't even list.

The location was the best part of my stay; staff was also generally friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

the rooms are very nice and the location is excellent in the...
    • Dormitory Room (10 - 14 Adults)

the cleaning was very bad, almost always dirty bathrooms. It's a large structure that hosts many people,the bathrooms should be cleaned several times a day. Even the kitchen was very dirty, the refrigerator was filthy and smelled.We left some ham in the fridge for three days and we found the worms inside when we wanted to use it.

the rooms are very nice and the location is excellent in the center

Perfect location inside the old town
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

No breakfast included, although for the price is more than fair. Some furniture available in the common areas looked old and dirty.

It's a big hostel, with two different buildings available. The rooms have a good size, and they have a great amount of toilets and showers available. The building I stayed was under reformation, but nothing really bothered me. The location is just perfect, inside the old town and close the every sightseeing.

Great localisation
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

It was too hot and noisy - the door to shared toilet and other rooms were difficult during tye night, and temperature required that we kept door to our room open. The lady during checkin refused to accept 500euro bill.

Great localisation

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Location is nice.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff was always stressed out. So you better brush up on your english, because else you won't get much help. There are lockers outside the room, but they are too small to lock a full size bag/luggage. You don't get a key for the front door, so you always have to ring, which means there's no check on who enters the hostel or not. The doors itself have locks, but in a group room not everybody locks the door behind them.

Location is nice. Toilets were clean, enough sinks with mirrors and showers were available. One power outlet at every bed.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The room is nice and clean as well as the bathroom and...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The room is nice and clean as well as the bathroom and toilet. My friend and I stayed there for 3 nights for only €85. It is near police station, mcdonalds and a super market. There's a lot of bus stop nearby also. So all in all it was a wonderful stay.

Nice hostel in the old town
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Everything was fine, but it would be nice to have shelves in the bathrooms and for upper bunk beds. The kiitchen is equipped with the essentials for cooking.

This hostel is located inside the old town. My dorm room was spacious with sturdy bunk beds. The door opens with a key code. There are also small lockers in the hallway for valuables.

This is what I call a hostel!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The toilets could be cleaner, didn't give a key for the locker.

Great place, with good rooms, in the old town. There's a shop opened 24/7 near the hostel. I loved it!

Nice place in Old Town!
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

After deciding to extend my stay another night, I went downstairs and asked at reception. They said that it wouldn't be a problem and when I asked if I needed to pay, the girl said no. The next day, I left my room to go out in the city, when I came back around 8 PM, I went to my room to find people in my bed and my stuff gone. When I went to reception and asked where my stuff was, and that I had requested another night, the girl got really snippy with me and told me that I should have paid (even though I asked and was told no). They cut my lock and bagged up all my stuff in a plastic trash bag. There wasn't a lot of an apology but luckily another girl (who checked me in the first day) solved the problem and found me another room. This experience was terrible and caused me to cut my vacation two days short. Besides this rude encounter, the place was great.

The hostel is situated directly in the Old Town. The receptionist was really nice and showed me some different things to see/do in the city and outside it. Even though everything was under construction, the room was really comfortable and the bathrooms were clean and up-to-date, There's a courtyard to hangout in that closes at 11. It takes about 7 minutes to walk to the Town Hall and everything is close by!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

good location
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Toilets are dirty. I think the staffs try to keep clean up, but some guests have bad manners, so they always get dirty soon. And the bad manners guests are sometimes noisy, so you can’t get good sleep if you stay at a big room. What’s although more they don’t have laundry, it is described that they have laundry on the booking.com. I think they should correct the part.

The hostel is entirely clean and the location is good. Because the reception is open for 24 hour, you can go out lately.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

You get what you pay for
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Good for one night. It goes on my personal list of "horrible places to stay". Bathroom smelled like rotten eggs, shower couldn't be used (only downstairs). Carpet was dirty. Room smelled like vomit. Very hot, just one little window (1m•1m). Lounge area dirty. Showers downstairs looked cleanish. I booked the big room to get a single bed but got a bunk bed which was bad luck but ok for me. But the bed was too small (too short in length) and uncomfortable. The place isn't ideal for everyone but probably the ones who like to party. It was definitely worth to spend 5-7 Euros more and stay somewhere else.

Staff was extraordinary friendly (especially the one who checked me in). Thank you for this smooth check-in.

The location is good, and the room is big, but with many...
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The kitchen is tiny and not confortable at all. The receptionist is pretty amateur. Not reccomendations and suggestions about the city. She also charged me the bill twice with my debit card, so I had to do the claim then.

The location is good, and the room is big, but with many many beds inside!

The place was comfortable and strategically located but the kitchen was a turn off.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Their kitchen, while I appreciate the presence of basic goods and 2 sets of stove, are not that clean compared to the rooms and bathrooms. When I was there I felt rather uncomfortable cooking as there was no clean rag to wipe my hands/tables and the trash bin was full. It would be better if more attention was put into the kitchen as well.

The room was spacious and very clean. I like how the lockers are beneath the beds, so it's never too far away. The bathrooms are very clean and modern. The location is very strategic, within walking distance to almost everywhere in the Old Town (the only time I took public transport was when I went to Kadriorg Palace and Kalamaja, which are all outside the Old Town area). The staff there is super nice.

Staff members speak decent English and are helping.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Sound proof is not good. You can hear people speaking and walking outside the room.

Staff members speak decent English and are helping. Clean rooms, washrooms and bathrooms.

Only location is the good part
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Nothing great except the location.... They have not even mentioned the hostel name outside so it's difficult to trace.. the bathrooms were not clean, even the kitchen and the sitting area was dark and damp...first they gave me the single bed and then after 10 minutes changed it to bunk bed and that bed was unoccupied for entire night.. not sure why they moved me if they didn't have to give it to anyone. I can only prefer it for the location and nothing else.

Location- closest to all attractions, pubs , restaurants. Main Bus station is 45 min walk.

Convenient locatiom

You can hear everybody aroud: inside and outside, so it was difficalt to sleep.

Locanion is very convenient. As parking is not available you can consider the parking suurtuki 7. 12h cost 2 Eur. There are two parking places near by, you can check by pricing.

Noisy Noisy Noisy

First of all, the staff had no empathy. The music from reception was so loud even at 01.30 in midnight. The sound of doorbell just was irritating. It rings 24/7. They could not even put code reader on the door. The pillows were so uncomfortable. Just provide a proper pillows for people. I never been in such a noisy hostel. I booked single bed in mixed dormitory and there was no single bed when I arrived. It happened to another traveller as well. And they told me that if you want you can cancel and go to other place. I dont like this kind of places.

The rooms were spacious, and the kitchen had everything you...
    • Single Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

No lockers inside the room, which I found quite a hassle sometimes, as I'd had to go outside the room to get some if my stuff.

The rooms were spacious, and the kitchen had everything you needed. The location was perfect as well. I'd stay here again.

For the price, it was a great deal
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Lots of construction going on. On the street, they were digging up concrete for some sewage retrofit I think. Inside the hostel, it looked like they were still building the bathrooms. Also, we had to keep the window open for ventilation at night, which meant that we had to keep the curtains open; so it was too bright in the room.

Shared room was cleaner than most hostels. They provided a lock and towels. They also found some shampoo for me. Can't ask for much more from the location in Old Town.

Good location, friendly staff
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The restaurant (III Draakon), what the receptionist offered was horrible (the food was good, but they cheated on the beer, we asked for a pint, but we got half, and prices were not written anywhere). The shower was thin. I hit my elbow all the time.

The receptionist girl was nice and very helpful. We arrived early morning, but we could use everything in the hostel, just we didnt get yet our room. It's at very good location, just at the edge of the center of old town, and close to the see

Absolutely poor customer service
    • Dormitory Room (8 Adults) with Shared Bathroom

I was so pissed off with how they was dealing with a trouble. When we checked in, they gave us a totallt different room which seemed to be under the ongoing renovation from the gate to the painting. And when I pointed out the difference between the pictures on the website and reality, they just said they couldn't do anything but just refund, at 5 pm telling me go out and look for a new room. The thing is they never said sorry ir anythin similar for the inconvenience until I also pointed out. I think they don't consider it's a problem that they changed without any notices what they agreed with their customers. As a result, they didn't take any actions about it but only neglected. It might be general standard for customers services in this city, but for me it's so annoying that my family started our trip in a bad mood. I want to let you know tht similar thing could happen to you.

Location is good. It's just at the center of the old city and it would only take a few minutes on food to get to the square.

the location is tops tops.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Renovations at main travelling time, some unrenovated parts like second kitchen and common room dingy to say the least. Staff ok but not very interactive. Some brand new bathrooms only useable after a few days

the location is tops tops. stayed in renovated part of second building so this was good and spacious though renovation everywhere still going on. kitchen and common room good. Some time ahead this place may be very good.

Great value hostel in excellent location
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Communal space is a basement room.

Staff friendly and helpful, great location. Bathrooms clean and never had to queue. Free tea and coffee and good kitchen.

• Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Weird room design ; dusty room since there are decorating some place ; bathroom’s light is sound control but its very worse about sensitivity.

The staff here is helpful especially George (hope I got his...
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

No lift so had to carry my bags all the way to second floor.

The staff here is helpful especially George (hope I got his name right). I personally would prefer slightly more privacy hoping if the rooms had fewer shared beds. Otherwise, it's a cool place and you can comfortably hang out for a few days for sure.

Good beds, nice staff
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The renovation made people cough and some WC didn't have light or any paper in them. Towel should be free for them who want it.

Good beds, nice staff

Can not recommend
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

The place was a construction site, but no information of this was given beforehand. The room was dirty and dusty. There was no furniture except the beds, so the dirty floor was the only place to put our stuff. The beds where painfully uncomfortable and some of the bed sheets were dirty. The kitchen and common room in the Lai 22 building were in bad shape, dirty and smelly. There was noise both from the street and the other rooms, walls seem to be made of paper.

It's cheap and the location is good. The toilets and showers in the Lai 22 building are new.

Nice location and staff

The property is a construction site. It appears that they have 2 buildings next to each other. The second one where I stayed was being renovated. New bathrooms where being build in addition to other construction work.. this should have been communicated on their booking page but it was not. Any way, once construction is completed the place will be really nice

Room is nice.. it's in the heart of the old town.

Best location in Tallinn
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Check in only at 15h, i think it is too late. They charge for the towels. 0,5 euros.

Excellent hostel. Very well prepared staff. Location is perfect. I think there are no hostel better them that in this quesite. Very clean. Good kitchen and good bathrooms

Location near the city hall
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Very old building, location good but you have to go by taxi if you have luggage coz the cobblestone will ruin your luggage, the place was a mess with a lot of wood everywhere and construction materials. Shared bathrooms most of it they didn't put toilet paper

Location near the city hall

Perfect time in Tallinn
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Reception and my room was not in the same building. But that's just a comment, nothing I would mark as negative.

Nice hostel in the old town of Tallinn! Because of renovation work it was sometimes a bit louder or you had to take a longer walk to the kitchen from the first floor e.g. But that was totally fine! Our 10 bed dorm even had a balcony. Room was really big with enough space for everybody. Kitchen was a bit smaller but perfectly fine! Definitely worth a stay!

Great location, reconsider if you're a light sleeper
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Walls were very thin and the group next door were very rowdy for the duration of my stay. I could also hear people moving around and talking loudly at 4am in the morning. It was also pretty noisy cos my room overlooked a street.

I stayed in the new building so the showers and toilets were very new. They were also pretty clean. Dorm room was big and there was a balcony looking out to the street. Staff were pretty helpful and hairdryers were available at reception.

Decent but scope to improve
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The automatic gate to the room wasnt working properly.

The location was excellent. One gets to live in the heart of Tallinn. All the major attractions are nearby.

Well located, lovely people
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Really nice staff. They are renewing some parts, but there was no noise. So, soon it will be a beautiful place, well located. But even now it was really cozy and joyful.

Light sleepers stay away from here
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

We were a group of researchers, not kids or teens on drugs, yet they come to our room saying "INSPECTION" and told us to be quiet. Yet we had to endure people making noises till 3am laughing screaming and apparently jumping. No one INSPECTED them. I realize that hostels are basically places for people who love to wreak havoc and people looking for cheap booze and other... amenities, but this was not a good place for a light sleeper. Other things are not fault of the hostel, like really crappy guests, literally crappy. Or people who take up all the common areas. Walls are very thin. Wifi wasn't working well but it was temporary. I shouldn't really care since I will never go back to this hostel, maybe not even to Estonia.

The first receptionist, a girl, was very nice, the rest not too much. Beds were comfortable and linens were clean. They try to keep bathrooms clean.

The hostel is not hard to find, in fact very accessible to...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Kitchen and a "lounge" in the basement, not very conducive to socialise. Room is alright, facing the street but not too noisy. Oh but I found a nail protruding from the ground in the room... Very dangerous if people are not wearing shoes. Mattress/bed could be a lot firmer and less noisy.

The hostel is not hard to find, in fact very accessible to the center of old town. The staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly. Shared toilet and bathroom are available every storey, they are clean and surprisingly no need to queue whenever I needed it, else you can always go to the one on another storey.

Dusty Room
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The dorm room actually looks clean but it was so dusty with poor ventilation. I got allergy with my nose and have to switch for another hostel in Tallinn.

Nice location and cheap

Great location but construction in building
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The new building I was in is still being built. So there is construction going on from 9-5. You cannot use the bathrooms upstairs during the day. Personally I do not think people should be staying there until the power tools are finished. Everything is covered in construction dust.

I was put in the new building so the room was very nice and clean. The ten bed dorm is very spacious and has its own balcony. The location couldn’t be better.

I do not recommend staying at this hostel.

I do not recommend staying at this hostel. When booking the room at booking.com I did not find any information regarding deposit for the key to the room. When I came to the hostel, the lady at the reception desk asked me to leave either my ID or 10 euro as the key deposit. I thought that asking for ID is unacceptable and left 10 euro. Thanks God I did not leave them my ID! I informed the lady that I was leaving the room at 5 am and whether it was not a problem. The answer was it was not a problem, because the reception works 24h/7. However, it was not. When I came down in the morning, there was no one. I called and even rang the entrance door bell few times. No one came to take the key and return the deposit. Just imagine if I had left my ID instead, I would have missed my return bus/flight! Their behaviour was completly irresponsible. The same day I sent them an e-mail asking for return of 10 euro to my bank account. They promised to do so. Over 10 days have passed and I have not received return of the deposit. Not only they are irresponsible, but also dishonest.

First Hostel

It was awesome actuallt

First proper time stating in a hostel and it was so chill. Nervous at first but the people in my dorm were lovely. The staff are very welcoming and can help with most things. Nice and warm common area in the main building. About 20 min walk to the port if you wanna go to Helsinki easily. Would 100% go back

The room is spacious and beds are made of wood.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Limited number of toilet and shower rooms for the number of guests in the property.

The room is spacious and beds are made of wood. The property is centrally located and walking distance to almost everywhere. We requested to change beds and accommodated us.

I will recommend it to others
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Shower curtain is inadequate to prevent wet floor in bathroom. Glass partition is now the mode in many modern hostels to avoid mess.

1( walking distance to the town square 2( well-equipped kitchen 3) warm rooms 4( lots of seatign sapce in common area 5( has desktop Internet 5|) strong shower 6( mature guests put together away from chatty teenagers

It placed in the center of the old town, it's clean and...
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The place is not finished, it's constructing during the daytime

It placed in the center of the old town, it's clean and frendly. I lived in common room, there are a lots of beatiful people living and working at the place, we had really nice time together:)

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Quite noisy sometimes. Quiet hour is really late for us who like going to sleep early night

Very friendly staff, so willing to help and location is absolutely marvelous.

Hipsters, welcome to a nice location
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

I spent here two nights. The first night was terrible, I don't know why, the bed? the sheets? the open window? the other guests? Well, I asked for a switch for the second night, which was really good. When I asked for this, they considered it as an outlandish request, but they agreed anyway. There are no enough chairs, nor shelves in the dormitories. I don't think the matresses are particularly comfortable. There is a general lack of furniture, it seems to me.

The location is just awesome and just for that it is worth staying here. I would say the property is within the range of hipster-like places, so if you like that way of doing things, come here. I do, at a certain extent. I think they have a good organisation of things. As a Russian speaker it is good that most of the staff does speak Russian, the only one who didn't, unfortunately, was the most helpful. They all speak English.

The location of the hostel is great and judging from its...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

On arrival I was put into a dorm in the second building adjacent to the main one. It's being renovated now and, from the looks of it, has just been turned into a hostel. There were building materials all over the places, the facilities on second floor were unfinished (no mirrors in the bathroom, no lights in the stalls). Basically, it felt a bit like living at a construction site. Sadly, I had chosen to pay for the accommodation in advance to get a lower price, otherwise I would have left there and then. To be fair, it will probably look really nice when it's done, but there's no reason to let guests in before it's completely finished, especially for the same price.

The location of the hostel is great and judging from its rating and other reviews it really does have a good vibe. Unfortunately, I had little of that.

Good location ,just near the city hall and pika street.

Good location ,just near the city hall and pika street. You can go anywhere easily from here . Fully equipment kitchen with oven and refrigerator . Nice to stay here.

I was very impressed with the way a little booking problem...
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

One of the joys of travelling is to meet new people and make new connections. Estonians and people in the Baltic regions { generalization of course } DON'T find this easy. Smiles were rare.

I was very impressed with the way a little booking problem was resolved. Good kitchen area with large dining area

The location is really good.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

There's only one socket at my bed, it's not enough . The kitchen has everything u need but the washing area is not clean.(always has dirty plates) Locker isn't in the room, quite weird and feel insecure.

The location is really good. Just right in the old town and easy walk from the harbor. The room is clean. 24hours front desk and hair dryer is free available.

Friendly & helpful staff.

Was allocated a room in the new wing which was under renovation so it was quite messy with cables running & bare ceiling showing but the basic amenities were running (except Wifi-only available in main wing) so it not too much of a problem other than aesthetic wise.

Friendly & helpful staff.

Outstanding location right in the Old Town

When I checked in at 630pm, my room was still dirty, but the staff immediately cleaned it. There was also a male member of the staff, who, although he’s available and he’s seen me queueing, did not help me one bit.

Outstanding location right in the Old Town Clean facilities

Charming place and friendly staff
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It is charming hostel with a good vibe. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They even try to help me out solving a problem caused by another hostel cancellation. Bed and bathroom are reasonably clean.

Great location and lovely room in the Old Town!
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

There is no shower room at the 3rd floor and the door of the room no. 12 is really noisy, they should fix this door!

The hostel is in the Old Town, we got really nice and lovely room.

I stayed in a different place from where there is the...
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I stayed in a different place from where there is the reception. However, the staff took you to the place so there was no problem. All the staff are knowledgeable about the sightseeing places so you can ask anything I guess. The location is also perfect for sightseeing!

Browse Old Town Hostel Alur traveller photo gallery