Reviews of Pirita Spa Hotel 3 stars

Purje 9, Pirita, 11911 Tallinn, Estonia

#78 of 99 hotels in Tallinn

Excellent SPA area which is included in room costs.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Overall hotel is dated. Old and dirty look carpets in long halway doesnt give good impression at first, but room was clean, no complains there. Very thin walls. In the morning in the room next to us phone was calling and I could hear all conversation very clearly, strange feeling to wake up from neighbour voice. When we came from city center in the eveining there were no space in parking lot.

Excellent SPA area which is included in room costs. Good quality saunas and swimming pool. Room was spacious, comfortable. Finally got one big, good bed not 2 single beds moved together so that was a nice thing. We got room with sea view and it was really nice. Also balcony attached to room which would be great for warmer weather. Breakfast was quite good with plenty of options. Even pancakes were there.

Great sauna and pool.
    • Twin Room Spa Class

1) It took 30 minutes to make the final invoice at checkout. 2) Must travel about 5 minutes to get to your room due to very long corridors.

Great sauna and pool. Clean room. Normal wifi signal.

not worth of money
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Weird deposit in sheck-in, no elevator to 3 floor, thin roomwalls, too expencive for this little room

The view to the sea is great. Bed, pillow and blanket were good. Free parking.

Good hotel to stay a couple of days.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Room was absolutely uncomfortable. No sound isolation at all. No ventilation - we were forced to open a balcony door which, in the case of strong wind, is very uncomfortable. The TV on the wall is located so, that there is no place in the room you can watch it from. The rest is minor, but... :(

The facilities, except the room itself, we really good! Very good swimming pool, saunas etc. Very friendly staff.

Everything is fine
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) Spa Class

We got a room on the first floor, the room was very dark, the view was through the window to the wall

The bed is comfortable, good location, delicious and varied food, a good swimming pool, change the daily towels, clean rooms

Hotel with Olympic history at the beach
    • Twin Room Spa Class

Service problems. I was extra charged after return but later after I claimed sum was reverted. Some problems with access cards to room. Guys at reception looked very confused. They had problems to detect that I have paid for room... Could wish more options from SPA (like jacuzzi, some water treatments).

Room was clean and very peacefull at nights. I liked sauna/bath and pool. Breakfest was good.

I liked Tallinn but I did not like the hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very claustrophobic object with low ceilings. No elevator to every floor. The room was offered as "deluxe" but it was nothing "deluxe" about it. The double room was in fact a four bed room so the additional space was taken by additional beds. Four beds and only one bedside table. Broken lamps. The balcony damaged and dirty, with a pile of rubble as view; no table, only chairs. Old and stinky wardrobe. Cleaning basically ok, but the floor strips and the bath edge were covered in old dirt. It is a shame to offer such a room as "deluxe" and cheat customers.

The a la carte upstairs was good, the morning buffet was OK.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

I would have one double bed instead of two beds pushed together (with partner it is quite important to have one bed).

The a la carte upstairs was good, the morning buffet was OK. The pool and saunas very also good.

mistakes in the booking system - how often does this happen ?
    • Deluxe Double Room

Of course the main complaint is - not having the room I booked due to some "mistake in the system". This was the first time in my life I was facing a situation with no place to stay ("we are fully booked for today" - and I did book in advance). This nearly ruined my weekend, and I wouldn't even plan my trip that day if I knew I'd get the room I eventually got (after 2 hours wait at check-in). To reach some rooms you have to walk about 5-10 minutes, I am not exaggerating and I walk fast enough. The area between the hotel and the sea is not exactly picturesque. Real Pirita is also some 20 minutes walk.

Really quiet. Mostly clean (if we are not talking about carpets in the corridor). Nice terrace. By the sea. The booking problem was eventually solved by offering another room at an attractive price. The staff was polite and helpful. Overall the hotel is nice.

Polite, helpful staff, convenient location despite being...
    • Twin Room Spa Class

Hotel is somewhat dated overall, but in general this does not affect the stay

Polite, helpful staff, convenient location despite being away from city center, adequate room furnishing, nice seaside view from the room. Enjoyed the SPA facilities

A nice weekend getaway!
    • Twin Room Spa Class

Room was not exactly as I booked. Not satisfied with the quality of the room. Comfort facilities should be improved.

Nice welcome and good location(near the beach) Great breakfast!

Parking for free,near to the bus station which goes to the...
    • Twin Room Spa Class

Breakfast product quality and glasses so scratchy -it is long time to be replaced!!!!Smart system to get a drink but totally no quality for that drinks(juice,water).In the room clean,except dusts in wardrobes and under bed and table.We were dissapointed in advance for cleanliness and air at the hotel because of the corridors-we were not alone whos think the same.Staff polite,it was strange for so big hotel that we couldnt buy Tallin cards as city passes,we did it in another hotel.I wish I could change my mind and for 30-40e pay more I could get much better property.

Parking for free,near to the bus station which goes to the old town,shops,bar.

Value for money spa hotel
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Rudeness of Bistro staff and refusal to serve during advertised hours. Unbelievably long corridors and distance between areas- its like going on a long hike every time you leave your room. Weekend breakfast service - shortage of food items and seating.

Swimming pool and wellness centre. Views of Bay of Finland. Cleanliness of rooms and public areas. A la carte restaurant - excellent value and silver service standard

Hotel for sporting undemanding visitors
    • Deluxe Double Room

There are a lot of small problems with electronic keys (we have to replace them several times), a lot of people in the breakfast and the queue to reception.

Good location, good lobby, good size of the rooms, perfect balcony, there are a lot of possibility for sport (swimming pool, ping-pong etc.)

We visited Birgitta festival in August.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

We visited Birgitta festival in August. This hotel is located near the festival place and we have been in this hotel before. It is nice to walk after opera to the hotel. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Breakfast was nice, view was nice.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

We got dbl bed though we booked twin room with separate beds. More things should be in the room... at least tea/coffee cattle with cups as per price would be nice to have some small extras...

Breakfast was nice, view was nice..

Very spacious room :), and the restaurant staff were lovely!
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

The spa services are not included in the fare, which is okay, however the Spa staff did not speak much English and were not very helpful when it came to explaining treatments, etc.

Very spacious room :), and the restaurant staff were lovely!

Value for money Time Travel to Soviet Era Luxury hotel.
    • Twin Room Spa Class

As we visited the hotel the near by area was under construction. Streets were closed and unsuffiant by pass/detour information was available. In relation to common price level, Spa treatments were over priced.

This value for money hotel. Variety of services and possibilities is at good level. Distance fron the City exists, but is not too much. Room was big and nicely decorated. Personally I enjoyed the Retro Time Travel to the Soviet Era and 1980 Summer Olympics. Great breakfast. Good service.

OK place if you want to go to the beach and hike along the River Pirita
    • Twin Room Spa Class

To be honest I didn't quite like the architecture of the place. It looks like you've stepped back to the Soviet era but I guess it's because the place was built for the 1980 Moscow summer Olympics. It hasn't changed since then. I didn't like the soap provide in the bathroom. It smelled weird (Could it be basil?) and wasn't very foamy. There was a balcony but the room next door sort of share it as there was only a sort of barrier inbetween. You could totally peeped into the other room and I'm not sure I like the idea. I made sure I had the curtains closed when I had a shower. The area is very quite and there weren't many restaurants and bars around unlike in the old town/centre of Tallinn. Breakfast was OK but a bit disappointing.

I liked the location but you have to know it is far from the old town if you want to walk there. Going to the old town from the hotel would have annoyed me as you'd have to take public transport and that's not great in my opinion. I like walking places. Personally I first spent a few nights near the centre of Tallinn and then spent two more nights in Pirita. Pirita is quite nice because there is the beach and kite and wind surfers. What's nicer than a stroll along the beach really? There is also a nice area where you can go for walks/hikes. Go down the bridge near the river and walk along the path that follows (more or less) the river. Locals go jogging there in the woods, teens go cycling and other people just go for walks. About the hotel itself, I liked the fact you could use the 25-metre pool and sauna for free. It was quite nice.

A Soviet era half-dead monster. Bad velue for the money paid.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) Spa Class

The whole area around the hotel is in massive construction: lots of construction noise and smells of asphalt. Even though there's 3 lifts, you still have to use spiral stairs to get to your room. The hotel was built in Soviet era and most of it is left the way it was: toilet stinks, the sink is cracked, the toilet paper holder falls off the wall... Evening buffet is overpriced (16Euro/person) and almost empty from the very start! Children's pool is too cold to use, situated in a grumpy basement. Way too far from city centre. The beach near the hotel is under heavy excavating, so you need to go 15 min to the next beach on the other side of the Yacht Club.

The only comfort in the room was the bed (soft and clean), the rest was a total disappointment. Was nice to have a children's playground corner in a buffet, even though the children rather play then eat.

We were travelling with our 8 year old son, so this hotel...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) Spa Class

A shuttle service for guests to the centre would be excellent to save extra expense on public transport or driving/parking. The cooked food at the breakfast wasn't very appetising.

We were travelling with our 8 year old son, so this hotel was great with the pool and breakfast included. The staff were very helpful and spoke excellent English. The hotel is a 10 minute drive to Tallinn centre. There is a really good sky park in the woods around the corner and a sandy beach nearby also.

We are very disappointed
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Old fashioned, unlimited elevator, no warm pools (only swimmingpool), instead of one big bed (that we booked) to beds, very unromantic and unprofessional massage, noise because of the roadworks.

Location, sea view

I needed a hotel close to Birgita monastery.
    • Twin Room Spa Class

There is not a air conditioning and you can not open the door when you go to sleep safety because it is common balcony for all of a rooms with full access from .

I needed a hotel close to Birgita monastery. And it was above my expectation because the Botanic garden is close too. It is jolly good green district

Interesting hotel with an interesting history.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

The hotel was an odd shape and we were required to walk for about 5 minutes from the reception to the room. There was also no lifts to the bedrooms which was challenging with heavy luggage.

The history of the hotel and the strange sensation that you were stepping back in time. Breakfasts were good but the coffee and orange 'juice' let it down.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Impressive piece of architecture from the soviet era!
    • Twin Room Spa Class

The Building still needs some renovation.

Impressive piece of architecture from the soviet era! Great View on the Sunset from the Restaurant at night! Receptionists very supportive and friendly.

3.5
    The worst stay ever . I feel like everyone should know how malfunctioning this hotel is.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We stayed at Pirita SPA hotel 26/29.07.2018 in Dunlop Delux. It was our 17th wedding anniversary which I informed the hotel about in advance. We had big expectations hoping for a romantic stay and quality time. Unfortunately, the room was nothing like the description that I got together with the room confirmation. To begin with, there was no bath tub. The room was not clean, dust and blood from killed mosquitos on the walls, etc, no fan in the room. Construction site next to the hotel, made so much noise. Issue with parking, because of the road construction. We ruined our shoes while we were trying to go to the hotel. The TV seemed to live its own life, if the light in the shower room was on, the TV stoped working. For 3 days no one fixed it.( the electricians told us they have not seen such a thing before). I took a video every day as proof that nothing was fixed. Coffee machine, worked only if the light in the corridor was on. We found it out only the next day. All our complains where not being heard in a proper manner at all, the receptionists would completely ignore everything we tried to tell them, not once have we heard a simple sorry from hotel staff. The only thing we received was the business card of the reservation center to whom we could share our experience with. (Silence from them as well) Not surprisingly, the check out was not pleasant, no eye contact nor smile or any compassion... This stay just ruined our anniversary. Very unfortunate .

Restful and much appreciated stay in a friendly, family atmosphere.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Though works are in progress about the property, the hotel itself is well situated, not far from the city. The Spa is nice and its personnel quite accommodating. The view of the sunset exceptionally beautiful.

Vintage SPA hotel
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Was not the best option for the summer season: the room was too hot, the balcony view was at construction works. The building is pretty vintage and looks worse than at the pictures

Nice area for walking, big swimming pool

The view from the balcony was really beautiful.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

The restaurant should have air-conditioning: during breakfast the air was really hot and stuffy and the fans were not enough. There could be separate saunas for men and women, it is not so healthy to go to the sauna in your swimsuit.

The view from the balcony was really beautiful. The room was nice and clean and the swimming pool was great. I liked the design of the hotel and that you could read about its history in various points in the building.

Medium
    • Twin Room Spa Class

- Didn't understood why while in check in needed to pay deposit EUR 25.- That was really strange; - Between 8:30 till 9:00 three times rangs a bell. Like in school. Loud. When first time I heard this noise, thought it's alert; - Balconies looks sad. Need some little reconstruction.

- Beautiful see view. Amazing, when in darkness ferries returns back to port; - Breakfest was tasty.

Spacious room, nice sea view with lovely sunsets, good...
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

No privacy whatsoever at the balcony, no fridge or toiletries. Also the lack of air conditioning is a big problem during an unusual heat wave like now - the least they should do is provide table fans or something! You can try to leave the balcony door open, but then you'll be at the mercy of possibly noisy neighbors, guaranteed noisy seagulls and apparently all the renovation work (we were there at the weekend, so had no problem with that) & it's still going to be hot anyway...

Spacious room, nice sea view with lovely sunsets, good breakfast. The building is gorgeous in all its ugliness and location is a nice change for city centre (frequent buses go to town, make sure to buy a travel card so you can easily go back and forth as much as you like- 3 days cost 5 euro at the moment).

Good location, beach and store and bus stop are very close.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Fridge door was broken, when we arrived the bedsheets and pillows and towels for 2 people were missing.

Good location, beach and store and bus stop are very close.

Old building, interesting architecture, endless corridors,...
    • Twin Room Spa Class

The biggest issue was that there is no air conditioning, so at night the room temperature was really hot, no air at all. Otherwise quite a good hotel for that money.

Old building, interesting architecture, endless corridors, breakfast was good. The swimming pool is old but useful. The morning swimming was really refreshing. Very good location for walking at the seaside.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The beds were comfy.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) Spa Class

Too far away from the old village. We only stayed one night and should have paid a bit more to stay closer to the action. The lobby was nice, but when you start walking to the rooms it is a big let down, the stairs were dirty and an inconvenience with bags, and the area/rooms needs a revamp. 3 people at check in desk, only 1 was busy with another guest, and no one acknowledged us, no “sorry, we’ll be with you shortly”, not even a “hello”.

The beds were comfy. The lobby was nice.

Nice place to relax
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

There wasn't a mini bar in our room. On the view side rooms there are some big piles of construction materials that should be clean to make the view nicer.

Nice pool a bit complicated to get inside the first time.

Good but not amazing.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) Spa Class

Hot in the room, no air conditioning in the apartment. Upon arrival, there was no bedding for a child, they brought a bed, so it would be better for the child to sleep on the sofa. The hotel collected 50 euros from us some bail, which he gave back at check-out. Nobody explains - why bail?

Swimming pool - ok but I do not like that I need to take towels from room, amazing view, good breakfast.

Total disappointment
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Worst hotel I have been to. In major need of renovation. An overpriced (200 euro per night per deluxe room), smelly, old place. Just don't stay if you have any other choice.

Would be nicer in cooler months.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Room far too hot without air con or fan. Lots of noisy building work going on outside and mosquitos, so we couldn't keep the balcony door open for ventilation. Staff were helpful but not at all friendly. Prices of drinks at the bar were high. The cot in our room was filthy (bits of food and another child's toy car under the mattress).

Good swimming pool, good location away from the centre and next to the sea. Nice breakfast.

Uncharming but clean rooms
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) Marine Class

It was very long corridors and uncharming. You got the feeling of a hospital.

It was nice rooms and breakfast with a view and soft music. The swimmingpool was nice.

This is the first time I say something bad about a hotel...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) Marine Class

This is the first time I say something bad about a hotel room. Unfortunately the room smelled like a vet dog, even worse than that. No one from the staff didn't know where smell comes from. The balcony was really unclean.

Nice location, quiet.
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children) Marine Class

Room was “cleaned” everyday however, only the beds were made. The dirty coffee cups that the hotel provide were still dirty standing around, the bathroom was not cleaned and sand from the beach were still everywhere on floor. The water which we pay for were not replaced as we used it. The carpets in hallway needs a good wash if not replacement and the deck outside on the balcony needs serious attention.

Nice location, quiet. We requested for a baby bed and it was there upon arrival. Good facilities and elaborate breakfast

No slippers, no toothbrush set, no conditioner, no bath,...
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

No slippers, no toothbrush set, no conditioner, no bath, poor WiFi connection in room. Furniture is old, Buffy is not tasty, few kinds and I found hair in sushi.

Great resort for a very reasonable price
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

When you approach the structure (in grey cement with red plastic refinements) you start fearing to be back to soviet times :D

It is an amazing resort full of activities and services (from shops, restaurant, bar, massages, swimming pool, sauna and fitness). It was very comfortable to sleep here and I appreciated the fact that they have a real swimming pool (25 meters)

Hotel adds 25 EUR fee.
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children) Spa Class

Hotel adds 25 EUR fee. As Receptionist confirmed, fee to be returned 2 days after the stay. After 3 weeks money was not refunded. Invoice was issued for lower amount than collected from credit card.

Very comfortable - large room with all necessary equipment,...
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

For now there is some reconstruction ongoing ... However after the reconstructions I suppose that the place will be very beautiful.

Very comfortable - large room with all necessary equipment, balcony with a great view; very comfortable bed, rich breakfast and great spa and wellness area!

worst hotel experience
    • Deluxe Double Room

I have made reservation in advance for deluxe room and we were planning with husband come and spend quality time in hotel and spa centre. But hotel has given away our room to someone else and offered us simple room. I didn't agree with that so they had to arrange us deluxe room in other hotel. So I lost several hours and extra money for taxi.

Swimmer pool but could only go when teams of kids...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) Marine Class

Staff didn't seem to care much. Long way out and lots of redevelopment going on be nice when finished. Floor needed a real good scrub as very sticky. We paid extra for bigger room marine class and room was good size but we were put in with all the noisy families letting their kids run wild out in the hallways.

Swimmer pool but could only go when teams of kids weren't there. Electric jug.

Everything was bad. Service, rooms, location... not secure place, not responsible personal who work in hotel! Hotel show place for parking place and robbers stole all inside the car and damage car.

My first and the last visit
    • Twin Room Spa Class

Old Soviet hotel. Seems like it was not upgraded since Olympic Games 1980. Very strange plan of the building - very long distances from far rooms to elevators. Parking is under construction. No beach, just concrete quay. Only one clerk was at the reception in morning time when visitors leaves the hotel.

Improments required
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) Spa Class

Stayed 3 nights and no-one cleaned my room on the second night. Someone obviously was in the room, but all they did was taking trash out and changing towels. Noise insulation!! Couldn't sleep the first two nights. Check in!!!! The hotel needs more people to do it, queues are crazy.

Location, swimming pool, breakfast, terrace

Good service!
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Very disappointed with evening buffet at Hotel.Totally not worth it.

The lamp in the bathroom not working when we just arrived.We called reception and sorted it out the next day.

May be nice in future
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children) Marine Class

View from the window was pretty horrible - a pile of rubble separating us from the sea Each morning we were woken up by heavy machines right outside our window (I suppose next year views may be nice and the place will be silent, but at this stage the hotel can hardly advertise as a spa) Lack of genorosity: bottle of water in the room must be paid for, renting bath robes costs too; gym is payable A lot of food for breakfast but everything of a rather poor quality (ham, suasages, scrambled eggs more like omlette and completely bland) Small parking lot- each time we had to drive a round for a few minutes to find a somewhere to park The cleaning ladies are the friendliest of the staff Long queues at the registration Generally, given the number of guests in this huge hotel, it is understaffed

Room was clean and comfortable Restaurant for dinner and the views from there

Good location and wellness services such as massages.
    • Twin Room Spa Class

The surroundings were in awful condition but mainly because of on-going constructions. The main dissappointment was related to the SPA facilities, as they did not meet our expectations. This was partly due to the fact that Tallink hotels redirects the user to a wrong section in the hotel website when looking for Pirita SPA which makes it quite easy to get a feeling that Pirita Spa would also have aqua spa and pool bar. This was not the case, as the facilities only included various saunas and a full length (25m) pool. This would have been ok if we would have expected that. Tallink hotels should fix the website UX to better communicate the actual services.

Good location and wellness services such as massages.

Perfect location close to the seaside.
    • Twin Room Spa Class

No fridge and air conditioner. Closed entrance right to the seaside which makes you walk quite a lot before reaching the seaside instead of few steps.

Perfect location close to the seaside. Bus stop and Selver supermarket by the hand. Wonderful buffet breakfast with sea view. Photos from Olympic Games-1980 in the corridor.

Nice personel.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Not much space at the breakfast.

Nice personel. Easy parking available for big vans, buses. Nice and clean rooms with sea view. Breakfast is very good however not much space when crowded.

Nice view and close to nature, but unprofessional staff and closed facilities.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

The SPA was closed early because of holidays. I think that SPA hotel should hold it open even on holidays. While checked in I was several times asked If I really wanted to sleep with a man in the same bed and in the same room. The staff behaved unprofessional and discriminating against a gay couple.

The location and the view.

Good value for money.
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children) Marine Class

Check in was very slow. We were supposed to have sea view but in the and we got room from other side of the hotel. That was a small problem.

Good value for money. Family room was big. Free parking nice bonus. Still great place to stay with family.

I ask a room for 4 adult persons, and get a room for 2 adults and 2 kids
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) Marine Class

Stuff didn't prepare my room. I must after midnight, sleepy and tired to prepare myself. Security stuff didn't do own job on reception. Let the drunk man to borring me. The recepcionist was overrood when I ask for TV assistance...

Big hotel. A lot of possibilities. Nice food and not bad sea view.

Fantastic location, close to the beach
    • Twin Room Spa Class

Very dirty hotel outside, excellent in eighties but not now. Long corridors, no elevator to the floor(!), unpleasant smell, no fridge (although they did have been there, they were just uninstalled)

Fantastic location, close to the beach Amazing view on sunset and Tallin old town

Location (for my goals it was really good), free parking,...
    • Junior Suite Spa Class

Reception personnel was so slow!!! When we came it was a great collapse on the check in and a lot of people in the queue, they didn’t do anything to make the process faster. I was with a small baby but the manager who made my check in (it was during about 40 minutes in the queue) didn’t even try to be more fast and efficient. Then when I asked other manager about the dinner, they told me to go to the restaurant for the information as they don’t know anything. Another point about the reception - as they had this situation with the queue, they gave to all the guests who were waiting, the cards for free drinks. As a result it was too lot of those cards and the bar didn’t have enough drinks for this situation. Also the balcony in the room was very strange - it was shared with another room. The buffet-dinner is really poor

Location (for my goals it was really good), free parking, good WiFi, spacious room (junior suite). Swimming pool, especially the swimming pool for babies - it was really good. Children room - not the best one but ok. Very good beds in the suite. Normal breakfast

For one night, for this price- worth
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) Spa Class

No fridge in family room. balcony was not safe. we was with baby strollers and need to get corpus A floor 1 by stairs:( need to clean carpets and windows in public areas, restaurant.

Location, free parking, various food options in breakfast ,great views in 5th floor while eating, great coffee ,warm rooms, sound isolation was quite comfortable.

Good place to relax while visiting Tallinn
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

The hotel in general could do with some renovation, in places such as the private balcony area, as mine was a bit filthy, with some of the floor boards worn out or loose.

I stayed in a family room even though i was alone due to availability, but it was still inexpensive and the room was very big. It had a nice private balcony with a good view of the sea. There's a wide variety of food available for breakfast, and the views from the breakfast room are even better. It also was good to be able to use the large pool at no extra charge, though you should plan when you want to swim beforehand if you want to avoid having to squeeze. It's not located in the main town area, but is just a short bus ride away.

Great stay!
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Great location that was easy to find. No problem parking the car (even with construction works going). Great swim at the pool and awesome meal at the Regata restaurant. Nearby beach and location - great. I strongly recommend Pirita Spa. Would definitely choose this location for next visit.

Some complex feelings - there are pros and cons.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) Spa Class

All reconstruction around the hotel, poor soundproofing, room on the ground floor seeing to street, balconies of the neighbor rooms connected to each other

Free parking nearby, comfortable beds, clean and good swimming pool and saunas. Tasty breakfast with good variety of dishes and quality food. Friendly reception

Great place if You love the Sea!
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Stuff at the reception could be better in english. I had some problems with my invoice, the adress was wrong and it took 20 minutes to explain what is wrong. I was told that it was the system that doesn't allow to make changes. After asking for a manager everything was corrected but I was late for a meeting.

Hotel is in really lovelly place, just by the see. It alows You to wake up and first thing You see is the Sea - lovelly! Food is very good, breakfest and evening bufet is well equipped and everybody can find something for them.

I expected a bit more from such a hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Cunstruction works around the hotel, particularly from my "sea view" balcony you could see a huge pile of sand with an excavator standing on it. Another thing is that it's a SPA hotel and guess what – a bathrobe was 3,5 euro for rent!

It's location is great if you like an hour walk. We took a walk from the city centre to the hotel and the whole walk is near water shore. A big grocery is 5 min walk as well as a bus stop. Breakfast was very nice.

Expensive but not worth the price
    • Twin Room Spa Class

The bathroom smelled. The room card didn't work and I had to change it twice. The room next to mine was noisy, however I could only complain after 11pm and I had trouble sleeping even though I wasn't feeling well.

Nice bed.

View from window, sea.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

Breakfast like on a ferry, but food placed in disorder, food looks dirty. Pancakes not eatable, milk dispenser extremely dirty, serving tables dirty. If You have room on 3rd floor, elevator goes just to only to 2nd floor- You should carry luggage Yourself one floor up. Looks like soviet time hotel.

View from window, sea.

Hotel is well situated, beautiful view thought the window to...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) Marine Class

We ordered non-smoking room, but we get room with common balcony with neighbors who usually smoked on it. Our room named family room Marine for 2 adult persons and 2 children, but where was no any pillows, blanket and other bedclothes for children at all. Our room number 231, need reconditioning, it seems that last renovation has been done many years ago, may be 20 or some thing like this. Territory, roads and parking place around hotel are under reconstruction now, so here's some problems with driving and parking for the moment.

Hotel is well situated, beautiful view thought the window to the sea side. Big room, enough place, two big balconies. Good insulation, hotel was full, but no one disturbed us, very quite. Clean rooms, room service - every day. Delicious breakfast, varied selection meal. Playgrounds for small children.

Great location overlooking sea, awesome pool and wellness...
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

I wish they had bikes to rent on site. Would loved to have ridden into old town

Great location overlooking sea, awesome pool and wellness centre. Good breakfast very pleasant and helpful staff Will definitely stay there again!

Great beach side hotel with lots of Spa and swimming facilities.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

First thing is that hotel restaurant may not serve you, for a late dinner, even it says restaurant is open until 10pm, they may close, or not serve you at 9:40, first day we couldn't have dinner there, while it was still open. so consider this in your plans. Pirita hotel reception personnel and restaurant personnel are all welcoming and trained, professional personnel, and will serve you with a smile :) but you may find some hotel workers, or Cafe personnel a little rude or misbehaving, like grabbing your credit card from your hand when paying, or rush you when you are checking the menu, like they have more important thing to do than waiting for you! unfortunately this was same experience in some old town cafe shops, souvenir shop and restaurants also, I think Estonians are a little bit tired of tourists! but this needs some proper training, to have some professional behaviour.

Massive hotel with lots of Spa facilites, open swimming pool and Finnish sauna, steam sauna for all hotel guests. the nearest beach is the Pirita beach, it's a little walk from the hotel but worth it. rooms have perfect sea and beach view, you can enjoy sunset from your room balcony! totally relaxing. the breakfast is good buffet for different tastes, restaurant at 5th floor also serves lunch brunch buffet and dinner a la cart. but again there are 2, or 3 restaurants nearby also which have great seafood. especially restaurant Sardiinid. from the hotel you can access bus stations with 7 minute walk, but according to your room location it may be different as the hotel is very long. you can use bus lines 34A, 5, 114, 260, 38 to go to city center and Tallinn old town. the good thing about the location is that beside being near to Pirita beach, it's also 2 bus stations away from Tallinn TV tower, and Tallinn botanic garden around the Tower.

Good value based pricing
    • Twin Room Spa Class

Everything was fine except of construction works outside (our balcony/window was on that side). Balcony needs some attention.

Very good breakfast, good value based pricing especially that there is sauna and pool.

We've had a nice stay off the city rush for quite affordable price.
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

We would have appreciated if the beds somehow could have been made separated even a tiny jot, but in fact it couldn't.

Proximity of the sea, fair transport communication to the city centre. Nice setting for restaurant "Sardiniid", overlooking the harbour.

this hotel is falling to pieces, dont go there!
    • Deluxe Double Room

i didnt like anything, room was bare (no pictures on the walls), mould, very dirty balcony, no hot tub (that i paid extra for) , no spa (at a SPA HOTEL) , no discount, unhelpful staff, even the curtains couldnt keep the light out of the room, breakfast was ok, id never come back, very dissapointed.

Basic
    • Double or Twin Room Marine Class

The view to the sea was a disappointment because of construction work. The balcony was very simple and practically shared with another room because there's no wall between the balconies, just a rail.

Room was clean, staff at reception nice. Location ok, easily reached by local bus.

Browse Pirita Spa Hotel traveller photo gallery