Reviews of Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino 5 stars

16 Saraya El Gezira, Zamalek, 11211 Cairo, Egypt

#65 of 173 hotels in Cairo

• Deluxe Room

some of the staff was a bit shallow or grumpy (due to fasting?), some of it almost too friendly

Room spacious and comfortable, but a bit frumpish bed terrific, pillows perfect room view from 15th floor balcony was great breakfast variety and quality perfect, having it on the terrace a perfect start of the day pool was the beautiful place to be in order to bridge the late afternoon during Ramadan

• Standard Room with Back View

Waited 20 minutes at reception to restaurant. No one came. Entered then they came. Expensive restaurant. Some lady drank too much and had fight with husband in restaurant. I had to complain before they did anything.

• Standard Room with Back View

Every order takes over 1 hre to get it and everytime we want to drink beer th y ask for the passport i understand its ramadan but its five stars hotel

• Deluxe Room with Nile View

Our stay was absolutely amazing here! Anytime I come to Cairo I'll make sure to make reservations at this hotel. The staff was helpful the premises extremely clean, and we were close to many things. One staff member did stand out, her name is Osmina, we had a little emergency and she went above and beyond to help my sisters and I during our stay, I will never forget her kindness. I hope when I returned that she is still there, she made our stay extremely memorable.

• Standard Room with Back View

For the number of stars the hotel service is somewhat sloppy. Minibar was not always filled; one day there was no cleaning and fresh towels. Taxi service is not very good Apart from breakfast, food could be improved; not very sophisticated

Very nice hotel with large garden. Well situated, staff is friendly and helpful; rooms are large and well equipped; comfortable beds; excellent air-conditioning; excellent breakfast

• Standard Room with Back View

The late service response of waiters in Suma'a Pasha café. Lots of them walking around (over-manned as it seems to me). They need to be more customer oriented and give attention and recommendations

Comfortable and clean room with well maintained air-conditioning. Very helpful and polite staff across the hotel. Lots of various support facilities such as bazars, bank, pharmacy...etc.

• Standard Room with Back View

Need to renovate some parts of the hotel

- Variety of food hubs such as a 5 stars Italian restaurant called (Tuscany), a Japanese, an International cuisine, a Bakery and a Cafe shop with life music - 24 hours health center - Helpful staff with excellent service - Very clean and tidy

• Deluxe Room

That we had to leave our little slice of heaven

Loved the hotel decor and history of the premises. Lounging by the pool was just heaven, food was beautiful, drinks fantastic! The staff were always welcoming and engaging. They remembered my previous days taxi trips and checked in with me and the drivers to make sure I got to my destinations. I felt very safe and cared for.

• Standard Room with Back View

‏Good location, nice palace ‏The garden was lovely ‏I had a great stay at the Marriott and would return ‏The Staff was very helpful and respectful , Thanks Mr.Haytham

• Standard Room with Back View

Staff are excellent, so accomodating Hotel is beautiful Torii restaurant superb, staff remembered us and welcomed us - food is great billiards room bar - stunning

• Standard Room with Back View

Front Desk Staff and manager tried to deceive us by cancelling all our bookings. we had to fought verbaly with them and called booking.com to get our right. they charged us £500 extra for 1 x room which was not provided. i need my money back.

the breakfast and retro palace.

• Deluxe Room with Nile View

The place was like a palace the facilities were great and the staff was very friendly. would stay again. I asked for an extension on our check out and I was given without any hesitation and without any extra payment.

• Deluxe Room

The documentary on the TV (in your room) tells you how Marriott took over the palace and did the restoration work and bla bla. Perhaps, they should also pay some attention to the buildings with the hotel room (rooms are in purpose-built buildings on either side of the actual palace) which look so dated and in poor condition that they now require some restoration work! The leak in our room, and the hotel's management of it, was quite disappointing. While it was common sense, and I kept telling them, to immediately check in the room above but the staff kept finding faults in my room. Eventually it started to literally rain! By the time I was offered another room, it was time for me to checkout.

Good location. The palace part of the hotel is nice (which mainly has the lobby and restaurants). Good breakfast, with friendly and courteous staff, even though it used to be like a local-bazaar type busy given size of the hotel.

• Standard Room with Back View

The old building design , the Marriott garden and Jazira & Zamalek towers. Advise for couple & family traveler: - Keep enough Cash ( Dollars) there is 100 $ extra for insurance. - Go to Al Bank Masir for currency exchange in side Marriott property. - plan your activity between 7:00 am to 10:00 pm - There is Masjid for Muslim in the Basement, you can ask permission & guidance from the staff. - There is three gates in Marriott Hotel ( Main Gate ( Old palace), Jizira Gate, Zamalek Gate) - I am strongly recommending Cilantro cafe for the couple, it’s very close from Zamalek Gate. - Use Uber or careem Apps for your trip instead of any other transportation method. It’s safe and cheap.

• Standard Room with Back View

I tried to book a massage many times...the spa was not available for 3 days...it is not acceptable...

The employees at the reception were extremely helpful...and smiling all the time. The mandarine smell at the reception of the hotel and in the halls was great.

• Standard Room with Back View

WIFI do not work regularly , and house cleaning do not come regularly you must call for cleaning Breakfast at yard have a lot of birds , they can not control

• Standard Room with Back View

At the Resturant we ordered dinner for two and some drinks the bill was over out expectation it came with large extra payment like single drink 40$ !!!!!!

Property style .. location .. the staff was so friendly ... nice service

• Deluxe Room with Nile View

Unfortunately, we had a horrible experience this time, without any realistic reasons in the Marriott Hotel in Egypt. I booked there for my wedding and brought my barbers and professional photographer to cover my event. However, the security of the hotel rejected thier entrance as if they wanted to force us to deal with the barber, salon, and studio inside the hotel with unreasonable prices. This is not acceptable at all, as there’s lack of clear policies of the hotel, and absence of transparency in its laws. Moreover, it’s neither mentioned at all in the stated policies in (booking.com), nor addressed with signs before entering the hotel. I can’t believe this, and there is not connection between the important archaeological places in the hotel to our event. Finally, they (permitted) for us to go in!!! It’s like we are begging them even we paid already!!! The administration must take an action, otherwise the reputation of the hotel will be severely affected.

• Deluxe Room

The baksheesh - need to tip every help staff I encountered. It would be better to include the tips in the overall cost rather than us wondering how much to tip & being pressured to tip.

All of the staff were very friendly & helpful which made me feel safe as a woman traveling alone.

‏The worst hotel management I would not recommend staying in. ‏Very, very bad

‏The worst hotel management I would not recommend staying in. ‏Very, very bad

• Standard Room with Back View

1. The bed was not comfortable. 2. Room was not ready although I arrived at 2:00pm. 3. Although I asked for late check out at 3:00pm, the access card was blocked earlier! 4. Service at the restaurant was very slow.

The staff were very friendly and the location is great.

• Standard Room with Back View

It’s not a volume of the money and services I paied to 5 five star hotel but I fell stay a one star hotel I rent a car and I surprise it a payment because I have room it’s only for suite not paied ohhh At all the pool every where it’s only for swimming not people staying by clothes and looking for other !!!!

First no welcome guest Room is very far and very Noisy I fell I’m a street direct can’t sleep fist night I change room but still noisy stay a 425 room and have work a 5Floor

• Standard Room with Back View

Very crowded traffic when you try to go to location. It’s expensive and the staff forget twice to replace the coffe and tea

Excellent location, very clean, excellent WiFi, very clean and nice swimming pool.

• Standard Room with Back View

Room was not clean.. old furniture There are other modern hotels nearby

Location is in the middle of the city although it has few access bridges and mostly crowded.

• Deluxe Room

Traffic in Cairo is a well known issue and getting to and from the location is challenging. The room we stayed in had a strong chemical smell and had to be aired out.

A lovely and historic hotel right on the Nile. Comfortable room, good food, and helpful staff.

• Deluxe Room

A little bit of movement in the hallways, with open doors and loud music inside some rooms. But we were not bothered overnight.

Being able to have breakfast outside is really enjoyable. The choice at breakfast is great. Good service in the hotel overall, bank near the reception open until very late at night in case you need to exchange money (ATM too). Perfect location in the centre of Cairo, near shops, restaurants and not too far from a supermarket. Nice view on the Nile. The windows are thick so you do not hear much of the street noises. Good choice of restaurants at the hotel.

• Standard Room with Back View

- The bathroom and air conditioning in room was a little dated - Restaurant was overpriced

- Comfy beds - Perfect location for exploring the city and many good restaurants in walking distance - Beautiful main building - Lovely pool - Attentive staff

• Standard Room with Back View

I stayed in an old room that was obviously not renovated. The bed was not very comfortable and though I asked for a quiet room , I could hear the street noise every night.

Excellent location, friendly staff

• Standard Room with Back View

House keeping service! Always very loud talking outside in the corridor. And the cleaning service beyond standard! Came back to the room to find it full of mosquitoe, towels and tissues were not even replaced! I had to call the reception to send the house keeping to clean the room again!

Location amazing! Reception staff very friendly!

• Standard Room with Back View

Exceptional staff and service, beautiful place, an impressive historical building with a good location. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling to Egypt, who wants to feel real Egyptian hospitality and high standard of service, along with a very traditional atmosphere.

• Standard Room with Back View

Food portion is exaggerated in most restaurants - we learned to order for one which most of the time is enough for two people in order to minimize waste. The hotel also seems to use non-compressor fridges in room, cools down to 12 Degree Celsius we were told, which is risky if you store sashimi leftover from last night dinner thinking you can consume the next day! A warning sign on the fridge sounds a professional thing to do!

Selection of good restaurants and entertainment facility

Leaving Marriott. Everything was super good

Excellent staff very friendly and caring. The Manager Mr Khalid is very thou rough professional. We were even offered a birthday cake.

• Standard Room with Back View

Noisy, atmosphere like the mafia land, bad view base on the price, small bed, small room, bad mattress, bad service, not worths money at all ! Even the slipper was for only one person when we were two people. All bad !

• Deluxe Room

The rate quoted by booking.com did not include the Vat, service fee, and city tax which added 27% to the shown price. These charges were mention in the confirmation but one had to read very carefully to find them. But rates are still reasonable for what you get.

A grand experience of a modern hotel incorporated in a 19th century Palace. Location in the city excellent. Close to Pyramids and the famous Egyptian museum (old and soon to be opened, new)

• Deluxe Room

Omar Khayyam is worth seeing but there is almost no info on marvellous halls they have there

Food is excellent - i liked v.much arabic dishes in tent reataurant and fresh bread they have there

• Standard Room with Back View

My room was on back side and approach was not good... Pool was not inviting ....noone seemed to be in it for the two days I was there although it was sunny and warm

Big hotel...nive staff...casino is good but small... Garden area is good

• Standard Room with Back View

My friends recommended me the hotel and i must say it is such a beautiful hotel. I love the palace with the original paintings and salons. The staff was so helpful and attentive to make my stay here very pleasant, many thanks to Mr. Ayman Hossam and all the staff here. I would definitely come back here.

• Standard Room with Back View

Gym, pool and spa were under renovation and I was not informed prior to booking. My trip purpose was a relaxation one and I missed out some good things.

The garden view was just amazing. Prices are great compared to the quality received.

• Deluxe Room

Breakfast buffet was good but staff did not clean tables. Unacceptable. They cleared and replaced cutlery with clean tableware...but never cleaned a table. We sat there for 45 minutes and did not see a single table being wiped down between meals. I pointed this out to the manager and although he was apologetic, I have no reason to believe that he did anything about it. Suggesting that it was a training issue is simply inexcusable. Cleaning tables once per day is simply ridiculous. Overall, I think the hotel is more pricey than it needs to be.

Facilities were great. Grounds were lovely.

• Deluxe Room

When we arrived the valet was not pleasant, making us wait a few minutes in the car when he did nothing. We had to get off the car to make it clear that we wanted to park our car behind the ropes to unload our luggage. Once the luggage out, he told us we could not leave the car at this place (as previous customers had done in front of us !) And he asked (the tone was not very nice) to move our car to the parking located 100m away. In my opinion, he should have done it ! The general atmosphere at breakfast was not pleasant, the staff all the time behind the guests, we were asked 3 times to sign the bill while we were eating again. In my opinion, the note should be given to us when we are accompanied to the table. The plates are removed immediately while a person is still busy eating, the arms go over plates, etc .. short not at all professionnel. If the staff at the reception is very quickly present to take the suitcases and accompany you to the check in counters, during the check out no one offered to take our bags and bring them to our car. So we pushed our suitcases from the Check Out counters past the front desk, lobby, security and valet parking and in front of some staff like phantoms to the parking lot where our car was. Paid parking, impossible to pay at Check Out, so we had to reopen our bag and pay the bill for 2 days. The car park staff was super friendly and immediately helped us put our suitcases in the car. The windows of the car were very dirty and I had to ask them to clean it. Small details .... should be immediately resolved by the staff in place. The windows were cleaned on my request. When checking out, it would have been normal to be able to pay for the car park and a member of staff will take our car right in front (where their valet is) so that he can easily put the luggage in the car and realize by himself that the windows of the cars are totally dirty.

The proximity of the hotel to walk in Zamalek. The person at check in was very friendly as was the housekeeper. The cooker at the egg station was very friendly as was the chef we asked for gluten-free bread.

• Deluxe Room

We had a Nile view room in the 8th floor. Next time we will ask for a garden facing room, as this room was too noisy due to motorway traffic. Otherwise, a very nice hotel

Wifi was very good. We did not eat in hotel as there were good cheaper options locally.

• Deluxe Room with Nile View

The towels came dirty and the room not well cleaned . The food is awful ,I tried Tuscany restaurant there and the food was very bad . Breakfast very poor and not tasty. Bad experience in Mariott!!

The concierge staff are the nicest one very professional and friendly.

• Deluxe Room

Room in need of renovation. Electric outlets awkward to use next to bed for gadget plug in. Room service coffee is cringeworthy. Food order was barely edible.

Bed was comfortable, Room was clean, nice view.

• Deluxe Room

Me and my husband arrived at 2:30 AM and the reception asked for our wedding contract.. which was a very weird request late at night.. I could not get a soft copy in my phone or emails so he kept us waiting until he got a special permission from manager! I asked for an extra duvet same like the one on our Bed, but they said they don't have one and the brought me a wool blanket which didn't feel as good as a duvet. There was no slippers nor bathrobe in our room until we ordered one and had to tip the room service for bringing them. There was no hot water until we complained. they sent an engineer to fix it and we had to tip him as well. There was no cotton buds. The swimming pool is not temperature controlled. The corridor and the room always had a smoking smell. One of the neighbours disturbed us with loud music.. but when we complained, they immediately solved it. On of the side table lamps wasn't working when we arrived. Our special orders that we wrote online wasn't met at all.

The location is nice.. opposite to Jazeera sporting club .. area is green.. nice garden.. nice outdoor places to sit.. banks available.. breakfast was good.. bakery available with delicious variety of cakes. Bed was comfortable..

• Deluxe Room with Nile View

So crowded and nobody comes and care for you when you need help I have forgotten my key inside the room and waited exactly 2 and half hours at the reception for the key replacement there were only two staff working at that time I waited longer than at the airport. They suppose to assign more staff at reception during the peak hour

• Deluxe Room with Nile View

As Marriott, usually one of the best advantages and privilege is the bed comfort. the bed was no comfortable at all and very stiff. some of the guests and the entertainment allowed for these guests whether in the garden or inside the hotel is not appreciated.

the staff are very professional with high sense of customer service. they tend to listen to the client and take the appropriate action to support the guest. I would like to praise and thank Shaimaa, Marwa, and Menna for their professionalism and help. Although there were many comments on the stay and the hotel, yet the mentioned staff were very supportive and made the effort to make me as client happy.

• Executive Room

The hotel is not clean as 5stars Too crowded at reception area The front discs are playing with each other with present of customers

The location is very good

• Deluxe Room

The bathroom was small and the room carpet was old.

Location on the Nile is great and the historical castle was magnificent. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was enjoyable.

• Deluxe Room

Everything was good enough.

They were highly appreciated for their support and help. They were welcoming the guests whenever we meet and they never feel sorry to help you out.

• Deluxe Room with Nile View

I don’t recall anything Maybe it would be nice to offer some wine options from France Italia etc Make the menu list more healthy friendly

I’m happy that there are still friendly people in the world and they all happen to work in this hotel I came for a weekend to celebrate my birthday with my mom and friends and it was as expected Warm and lovely

• Deluxe Room

The hot water in the room was not available all the time and they had to send maintain maintance staff twice to fix the problem

I would to thank Mr.Mohamed AbdElhay,the receipnist at the front desk of the Marriott,who was very friendly,helpful and very professional

• Deluxe Room

I booked my room for two! My girl friend and me. They refused to let me check in with my girlfriend in the same room, they had Forest me to book another room for her !!!!! I had been waiting in the lobby more than 3 hours, She was tounisan, I was saudi . Worst days off we had travel!!! For . I hope Booking.com gives me my right.

• Deluxe Room with Nile View

After a first night in a smoking room given us by error, the direction of the hotel has given us,as compensation, an executive room, with a beautyful vue on the Nile and all the facilities (breakfast, drinks all over the day..) free of charges. Thanks to Marriot direction. This was really fair of them.

• Deluxe Room

The Breakfast. While its my Main Meal, this breakfast was Bad. The Sushi looked like it should not be touched, so did the smoked salmon. Very basic chesses, low quality, with No respect to Cheese. Nothing fresh in meats, mostly Processed meats and frozen sausages. I only had Foul, Iskanderani. It cost me $19. With this cost I can invite 100 people for the same dish, right outside the Hotel... I had 4 pillows that were all the same. Nobody assumed people have preferences for pillows, especially the ones with Neck problems...

Nothing in particular

The hotel is a palace, staff is overpolite, friendly and welcoming. The rooms are spacious, some having wonderful Nile view. Highly recommended!

• Deluxe Room

The most beautiful hotel I have seen! The interior is so regal and nice! I stayed here after I checked out early from another property in Cairo and this was such a huge upgrade. My stay was so comfortable! The staff was also very very nice and welcoming! The room had a heater which is very important because Cairo gets cold in the beginning of the year. The restaurants served amazing food too my favorite was Egyptian Nights shisha bar! The food and shisha are A1

• Deluxe Room

Unfortunately, this hotel can’t be rating as a 5 stars. I got there after very long flight and their welcome was a fresh paint smell in my room, after about 45 mins they changed the room but 3 days later they started painting in front of my room. Very late service. You need to ask for everything you want at least an hour before. Want pleasure.

• Executive Room

The clientele the smoking in all areas even tho sign posted as to smoking and non smoking areas Casino was old and dated Hotel needs to be modernised very dated Bed felt like slab of concrete

Location only

• Deluxe Room

the toilets were not clean at first when i was given the room. staffs greetings were not welcoming at all when i first checked in the hotel later in the morning when i complained about the next door guests they acknowledged the problem and mentioned that room will be ready @12 pm. i came back around that time to find that they haven't found a room! but all of a sudden when i asked for the manager the room parachuted.

only the location and promenade cafe.

• Deluxe Room

Our booking said 'garden view' but we had a a third floor room overlooking the parking lot and motorway - too noisy to open the balcony door. (We were told, sorry, over-booked) . This was very disappointing, being our final stay in Egypt. Also it was difficult to find an open restaurant within the hotel that had any vegetarian food.

Very historic, beautiful old palace within reach of a number of excellent sites, e.g. Egyptian Museum, Cairo Tower

• Deluxe Room with Nile View

Some levels were a little Smokey make sure you ask for non smoking levels if it’s your preference

Great location, Nile view rooms. Great gym and facilities, building is very grand

• Deluxe Room with Nile View

Service a little slow at check in but I have found this normal in Egypt. Booked nile view rooms and didn’t get one of them right but they apologised and fixed it the next night. Just make sure you get what you paid for at check in!

Fantastic location, views and old world charm. Beds very comfy

• Deluxe Room with Nile View

When i saw the gym i was chocked, they put the gym equipment in 4 private rooms, and the Sauna in another room, when i say room i mean hotel room

The Hotel is OK! and good restaurant

• Deluxe Room

front Desk were not helpful at all when I asked to change my room due to the fresh paint smell in the Room given to me in the beginning that made me get dizzy and not feeling well upon arrival. when i came to the front desk asking the change of the room, the staff made me wait over 45 minute and never responded to my request until I moved to the lady behind from the customer service who did the switch.

• Deluxe Room

Not up to the level. As a family, they want to split us in separate floors; one day a terrible and unbearable painting smell came at 10:00 while my wife was sick. It took until 17:00 to move. For breakfast, they did not accept to take the A la carte menu inside but only outside: it was 12°C outside ! Plus so many other small inconvenience (water in the tub does not flow out ...). Awful.

• Deluxe Room

We booked a non smoking room so we were given room 808 with the view of the Nile. As soon as we walked in we were hit with the smell of old cigarettes. We were hungry and tired and thought it may just be the carper that smelled so we went to dinner. When it was time to sleep we found out that the sheets also smelled of smoke. I looked a around and saw that the air vents in the room were black, i to this day do not know what it was. I woke up the next day feeling sick and we asked to be moved to another room.

The Lebanese restaurant under the tent served god food and shisha. The restaurant called Roy's country Kitchen is also a good place to eat lunch of dinner. The stuff was friendly during our stay. I would recommend this hotel and location as it is cleaner than other parts of Cairo.

• Deluxe Room with Nile View

Bad Service not match with marriot international standard With 1800 room Almost all full only one staff on Conceirge Teliot very old type Unprofessional staff not match with marriot standard but more close to traditional Egypt restaurant

• Executive Room

The hotel was excellent and the location was perfect near the Nile river and in the middle of the city. The hotel stuff was very friendly and nice and the Egyption people are very friendly and respectful .

• Deluxe Room

The only Thing that i didn't like was the Taxsi gang outside of the hotel . I suggest everyone to use Careem or Uber not the Taxie outside of the hotel.

• Deluxe Room

After the stay, the receptionist told us that the rates for Egyptians are not shown on Booking.com and that we could've saved 35% if we had booked by phone. We were very upset as they didn't say this when we checked in even though we used an Egyptian ID and passport. Everything was calculated with the foreigners rate including parking.

• Deluxe Room

The in-room and terasse menus are very limited, unimaginative and expensive for the quality. The breakfast wait staff were not especially friendly and the limited space made it feel pressured to finish and leave.

The staff, with the exception of the breakfast staff, were generally helpful and kind. The rooms were clean.

• Deluxe Room with Nile View

I am waiting for the pool to reopen and it will be perfect.

This was a two day booking added onto a business trip. Excellent staff throughout who have been trained how to assist and help customers solves problems. From Mona in the Executive lounge at breakfast, who remembered I liked Early Grey tea, to Mohamed Abdelhany at check out who helped me make a speedy exit after having slept in. So many of the staff contributed to helping me make my son's 21st special, from the waiters on the Terrace who helped surprise him with a cake and the concierge who helped arrange a restaurant booking. I find this hotel an oasis of calm amid the bustle of Cairo. It is well placed for anyone having to access the 26th July corridor, making it an excellent location if you need to move around the city. A special thanks to Sausan on Guest Relations for solving a previous booking issue.

• Deluxe Room

Missing Egyptian night restaurant... hope it will be finished soon

Location, room view and as usual the staff everywhere ... this time I’ve noticed that Reception Team is doing all the best to accommodate guests wishes specially choosing which tower they’ve preferred ;)

The Zamalek Tower is a little louder than expected

The stuff , the location and the history of the place is hard to match. The first time "Opera Aida" was played live was in this historical palace built by the river Nile.

• Deluxe Room

my room reservation was UN expected due to the front disk staff he stating that what you have reserve from booking you should get because booking reserve the worst room at the hotel and put it into the value offer so that what you will get, i have paid 1000 US dollar for bad room with roof view for 4 nights. I have spend more that two hour explain to him that this not my request and i am genius customer at booking but he is keep saying that what booking have purchase for you Imaging you request room at high level viewing the garden and portion of the Nile and you end with room viewing the hotel roof with AC unites and waterproofing membrane.

i like to location of the hotel

Browse Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino traveller photo gallery