Reviews of Cataract Pyramids Resort 4 stars

5.3

5.7

5.6

3.6

Hotel is very nice but staff need training to know how to deal professionally with clients.
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Reception was not organized and although I arrived after check-in time by 2 hours they told me that your reservation is not on our system, and I waited for more that 45 min to go to my room. And the A.C. was very bad.

The hotel itself is very nice and swimming pool is very nice too.

I will never go there again! I wouldn't recommend for people who are looking for comfortable stay.

The location for me is good and the price was good.

The rooms are very small and the sound is not insulated properly. The service of the front desk is the worst ever. The pool was dirty and had sand in the bottom they added too much chlorine to the water! It took us one hour to get towels at the pool. Phones in the room are not working T.V. hygene in the room and the especially the towels were dirty and covers were dirty. It was the worst experience i ever had in a hotel.

Resort was beautiful but maintained poorly.

There were multiple problems we faced at this property. 1.No Wifi connection was in the room. 2.The bed sheets did not seem to be clean and the rug was all stained and old 3.Rooms seen and booked were not the same, was very small. 4.The hotel is seriously under staffed. 5.I had to make several calls to the reception to get our room changed upon arrival. 6.The balcony furniture was covered in dust. 7. Hotel maintenance was poor. 8. No welcome drink was served as mentioned on the booking.com

There were many places to relax in the resort and breakfast was good.

Dont pay money to go to this place

This hotel is a TWO STARS at most. The written rating on the website and on the wall of the hotel is NOT TRUE. It is obvious that this place didn't get any renovation since foundation. The Hotel's nameplate outside, speaks about this truth...you can compare it with the photos of the Hotel Ads, totally different. This is the same with everything inside the hotel compared to the Ad photos. The Standard rooms are very narrow with old ugly furniture. The floor of rooms and bathrooms and old ugly and dirty. Bathrooms are awful. Food trays were on the floor of corridors for most of the day (Miserable dirty scene). I went there to spend a day with family (Eastern). There was chaotic crowdedness, poor quality food, a too much noise of a very bad taste music band. We paid a lot of money in unpleasant place .

The manager is a real gentleman, a respectable cooperative person.

the worst place ever in room service ,very expesnise , very...

the worst place ever in room service ,very expesnise , very materialistic, and not proffessional at all the reception people is so nice and friendly otherwise all is awfull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

room was too small with no view , the hotel had very high...

room was too small with no view , the hotel had very high noise at night from people on corridors and AC cannot be used because of it is noise , service was too bad for small things even coffee .

Wonderful hotel
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Tea and coffee facilities in the room would be great.

The staff were so lovely and kind. Really enjoyed everything about this hotel from the minute I walked in, to the minute I left... The swimming pool area is beautiful and so clean. I wanted to play table tennis but being a solo traveller is always difficult but in true style, the staff joined in and I had a wonderful 2 hours. All the staff had lovely warm smiles...I really felt welcome. The food was delicious and I really can't wait to go back in the summer months to swim in the pool.

Location - about 45 mins from the airport.

Poor Room Service, Rooms full of mosquitoes, dirty carpet rugs, ordinary breakfast comparing with price, furniture not good, Hotel stands for Avg Three star not Four.

Location - about 45 mins from the airport.

unpleasant
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

prices are too high compared with the presented service the room was with double beds and I ordered a queen bed there wasn't footwear to enter the bathroom there wasn't kettle the furniture is old you can't use them easily and smoothly the wardrobe is in a narrow corner

The pool but it needs warm water it was cold

It was fair. I couldn't get over the filthy tub. This should not be rated as a 5 star.

Staff was not particularly friendly. Shops were mostly closed (probably due to off season). The room was marginal. They wanted to come and spray for bugs right after I had gotten in the room. The bathroom tub was sooooo gross with dirt/stain, mold, and paint splatter that I opted to have sponge baths. The breakfast was literally the same every single day. No wifi or international calling. The furniture in the room was well worn, parts were broken, etc. This was definately NOT worth the money spent. Basically, the place looked great on the outside, but not so great on the inside.

The grounds were well kept. The location was great in terms of the pyramids. Loved the pool area. It was quiet.

Poor hotel
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The hotel room is very old style it doesnt look like 4 star at all. Poor breakfast! The local beans were served cold. Servants looks sad not very welcoming. I ordered nespresso like mentioned in the menu it was supposed to be made by fresh foamy milk. I found it its nescafe 2 in 1 !! I ordered kufta sandwhich it takes long time to prepare it and it was not grilled it was fried! Security keeps asking me everytime i enter whats the room number?? This is very annoying.

Just the location is good

Never again. Waste of money and I'm covered with insect bite.
    • Oasis Triple Room

Where can I start from: Room: Very old furniture. Bed broke while my sister was asleep. Dressing table chair broke Very dirty curtines Toilet: Extreamly old toilet Stained toilet floor Very dirty bath tub The most disappointing and disgusting experience in the hotel was the insect bite. Our body was covered with insect bite. One of my family member had to get a dexamathaaone injection because of the insect bite. Rip off; We found that we paid far more money than other people. Yet they wanted us to pay more money. We paid extra $100 dollars in check in. We asked why and we were told it's for tax purposes. And they wanted us to pay extra 200 Egyptian pound for early check in. When I spoke to other resident I found that we paid far more money. I went to complain but no one helped.

Very nice pool. Big and very clean. Nice view from rooms Spacious resort

Great place to stay

Wifi and it is a bit far away from center but rest all is great

It was good place to stay for as it has good swimming pool and other facilities to pass time

the place itself

no visitors allowed in the room but we have 2 rooms and they are not my visitors and told me that they cannot come to my room only in public places and we are settling our things in my room as we have 1 luggage and we are travelling in the morning to sharm el sheikh. We came from alexandria and marsa matrouh but only this hotel stopped us.

the place itself

generally i enjoyed the stay swimming pool, food & nature is so nice
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

as the hotel is an interface of Egypt in tourism so it must be well furnished in the reception and rooms but both contains very old stuff , the employees in the restaurant looks so young aged without professional training but meanwhile they are trying to do their best.

excellent facilities and excellent view of gardens and nice landscape , also swimming pool is very good size , restaurant is wide enough and well designed , the night shift staff were very nice and professional

Only the swimming pool i liked
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The room was not good,i reserved a room with 1 bed,i got 3 beds with no space for any thing,u cant sit down and watch z tv ,only the angle of view is from the last bed,air condition v v weak,the menu is poor and the food is not good,over 1 hour to check in

Swimming pool

Good hotel, but needs upgrading,
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

I do recomand to properly wash the fresh and uncooked fruits and vegtables.

The inside of the hotel is well designed spacious and clean. Rooms are well furniture, spaciouse and claen but needs upgrading. The location is greate thanks to the near by circle road.

I would come again!

The TV's are very old. The hotel itself is beautiful but could do with the rooms being modernised.

The staff are lovely and the food is great. Feels so alive here. Well worth the price of stay.

Very Good
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The reception stuff number is small compared to guests, I stayed for about an hour to check in. The lobby is too old and need some renovation. There is no Electric kittle in the room.

It has a good style, the pool is great.

Very disappointed

The buliding is so old. There are no lifts The same food was served every day day The customer service at check in was not very friendly I needed a kettle and an iron but I could not get any during my 5 day stay.

The swimming pool and the garden

Fine but staff training needed
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Check in and check out worst I have encountered; very poor organisation No drinking water provided in room - a small bottle would be cheap but very welcome. No drinking water included at breakfast Room fine but dated

Pool Options at breakfast

The hotel was a total delusion, except the pool.
    • Standard Triple Room

The hotel was a total delusion, except the pool. Dirty, I was kept for 1and half hour at midnight to get ready the room, as I didn't booked through even security payment one day before. I wait one hour and in the end I got a dirty room with body hair in the bathroom and probably not changed blankets. I check out next day after a failed attempt to find another room in the hotel, was all same. And in the end to make the final closure they waste me another 2 hours to check out. From stupid delays as the reception was with one empty and dozen of customer to inability to give the change toward the payment and in the end I was charged the beauty of 8$ taxes. Are we kidding ? In dubai you pay 10 Aed tourism tax and in Cairo 8$ ??? I don't recommend it if you don't want to waste time and nerves. Not good location. Search for downtown Cairo

Hotel itself was very well looked after

Poor staff service, says "currency exchange" but no they would not change my GBP Says "gym" but gym was closed during my stay Service for food and drinks was very slow Didn't really feel welcome atall I requested a high balcony with double bed. I received 2 single beds on a ground floor. Very VERY noisy from my room with a loud disco right outside my door. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a friend, but I would try again in a different part of the hotel.

Hotel itself was very well looked after Pool was fantastic

We oder Triple rooms but that is very very small.
    • Standard Triple Room

We oder Triple rooms but that is very very small. Just small double room. And pay parking more money. The dangers parking place.dont drop bags frontdoor. And the calling engineers aircondition so thy dont coming. Iwas use forth time indeed same services dont change more batter. I will naver using again.

Check in takes 4 hours ???!!!!
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Reservation takes too long time No disco availabale as i booked it with disco , the Hotel rent a disco for a an african guy and i should pay extra . No towels available inside the room once i came and i asked fot it Restuarant blocked my visa as they said after i signed for a dinner and then they said you can ask the reception and after i asked the recieption they said we didnt block it . guys in resturant always make trouples with guest . I booked two night full of trouples and i lost my weekend . Really so bad stay .

pool only

That's the first time in my life that i see a hotel like...
    • Oasis Triple Room

That's the first time in my life that i see a hotel like this , bad in all from the reciption check in till the check out ,we book triple room we found a single room , no body answer you , no staff , all things was not clean , not secured ....realy very bad hotel

Poor!!
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The rooms are really poor, unclean and the furniture is too old They have the worst room service ever Only one positive thing that the place is quite

3 days stay
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

As we stayed with a 5 year old child it's hard in the evening when the music was very loud and scene in front of our windows, pool only until 6 pm and we didn't manage to swim a bit in the last day, not enough towels and toilet paper in the room. No big shops around, dirty outskirts, the taxi service missed the way to the airport, no free water in bottles, The hotel is rather 3 stars, not 4 star.

Good infrastructure, free zone, good food, good room

Cheap but not cheerful

Unfriendly staff, they take your passports until you check out which no other hotel does, unhelpful with locations unless your using their taxis. We used Uber as its 3 or 4 times cheaper and I'd advise to do the same. Rooms are not very nice, no WiFi in rooms and they advertise as a flipping 5* hotel which is a complete lie! Just stay in Le Meridien its so much nicer. Lowest I can give is a 2.5 rating but honestly take off 2 and you're somewhere close.

Not a lot, outside was ok

Too expensive and not worth it

Staff always waiting for tips. Receptionist was unfriendly. Room was not clean. Water from toilet has an awful smell. Elevator was not working all the time. No pathway for baby stroller beside the stairs to the room. no instruction paper for the safety box.

The music and singer near the pool at night

very bad experience & will never believe the ratings or the pictures again

the stuff is unprofessional , rooms are very bad not like the photos , bathroom door can not be locked , when i took the first room the air condition wasn't working then i called the reception & what he told me was surprising they have no rooms & even if the bell man has finished his shift & there will be no one to carry the bags to the other room , i told him that i'll come by myself & take the key of the new room & when i went to the reception i found the bell man there & there were a lot unoccupied standard rooms but due to his inexperience he was unable to found any one until a person from housekeeping came & told him to gave me room 207 which it's bathroom door can not be locked.

the only great thing in the hotel was the pool

Our bathtub flooded the bathroom and the beds were very uncomfortable. The lobby area smelled of smoke and the wifi connection is horrible.

Breakfast was very good and the pool was very nice

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

la petite déjeuné excellente,rien a dire

la petite déjeuné excellente,rien a dire personnelles très agréables . The breakfast excellent, nothing to say. Personal Very nice and very very kindly.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Beware, not at all what it seems online!
    • Oasis Triple Room

Almost everything. The room that we reserved though booking.com was not available. They tried to put us (a family of 5) in a double! When I showed them the reservation (Oasis Triple) they said "well, subject to availability, blah blah blah. finally got a triple but not the one from the website (was supposed to be one single bed and one double) was not available so we had to settle for a double bed with a sofa bed. The place was infested with mosquitos and I mean infested. The hotel is a short distance from Giza and Cairo but because of traffic it is one hour from Cairo or the Pyramids. The website is extremely misleading. There was no hot water, I do not mean no water that was hot, I mean the handle did not work. When you turned it on nothing came out. I had to threaten to leave to get someone to fix it. The plumber sprayed water all over the place fixing it and no one cleaned it up. Water was flowing out of the bathroom into the room. Again had to call someone to clean it. The water that we got after that was tepid at best. The room and bathroom were filthy (from age, mostly with pealing plaster, caulking, and mold), toilet was not anchored to the floor so when you sat down it would tip over. had to balance yourself on the toilet. Elevator was broken so that you had to jimmy rig the door to operate it, once inside beware if you have kids there is no internal protector so you or your children are exposed to the passing floors and wire. Quite a hazard in and of itself. Arranging transport back to the airport was annoying as the concierge kept saying "don't forget me, give me a good tip!" Cheeky fellow. Our H1 was at 8 am but of course it was not there. I had to remind them. They said why don't you let us get you two cars! Finally relented and got us the H1 to take us to airport but then asked for more tips for doing this. There are salesmen that prowl the lobby trying to get you to come into their stores.

staff was friendly?

can't wait to go again!!

the Moroccan bath needs repair

the food was great , the pictures provided were unfair because the hotel was a lot better than i expected ,the staff are so friendly and flexible, i'd love to go again

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Room was clean

staff was kinda rude when i was checking in he dumped us and went to another foreign group despite we arrived before them they kept our IDs with them when we asked for it on our way to out they said they can't give it back to us claiming it's The Tourism Ministry rules and after a discussion they gave it back to us but they asked to give them back the keys -No problem with this part- but when we returned to the hotel to take the keys the other receptionist didn't ask for the IDs so it was kinda awkward

Room was clean the design am in love with it

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Quiet relaxing atmosphere

Only 2 restaurants on premises, too far to walk to other restaurants and venues. Limited parking.

Beautiful grounds and very private and quiet compared to hussle and bussle of downtown Cairo.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Not visiting this place again if no improvement is made.
    • Standard Triple Room

The facility is in rundown state. Our room AC not working and only fixed later. Hotel should check before providing the room. Floors surface are dirty and toilets have leakages.

The staff are very helpful working hard to ensure a comfortable stay despite the hotel condition.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

not bad

I didn't like the room the furniture's very old ,the refrigerator in bad condition the bath rooms need to be renewed they take 10 Egyptian bound for each ice pocket I order . room service number 33 reply unprofessionally far away from everything (location), you need at least 30 minutes to one hour to reach modern Cairo

I like the appearance of the hotel from outside its nice for walking around the trees and swimming pool ' quite place its overall nice

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

The check in was swift and the bell man was very polite.

Housekeeping tried unlocking my door when i was in the shower and the breakfast was very average. Also my room could have done with an upgrade - lights close to falling from the wall and a leaking shower that flooded the bathroom.

The check in was swift and the bell man was very polite.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

The building design was really good but it should repainted

The furniture was so old and the room wasn't clean enough. The service was really bad. They opened the door to clean it while we r still in it without even knocking 😡

The building design was really good but it should repainted

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Amazıng management and staff
    • Oasis Double Room

The management and staff were just amazıng goıng out of theır way to make me feel comfortable and ensure that I enjoy my stay. The General Manager Mohammed was vısıble and roamıng around to ensure guests were well looked after. I was surprısed wıth flowers and a fruıt plate ın my room whıch really made me feel so specıal. For the money I paıd I really got more than expected. I can recommend thıs hotel for a lovely stay.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Recommended

No Wifi. facilities in room a bit old. Also mosquitos at night. However, hotel will accommodate your room with special equipment for mosquitos to stay away. Room had an old regular tv and not a flat screen.

friendly staff, also hotel close to pyramides. Also gym availability. Food was excellent to have lunch and/or dinner with a reasonable price! and it was also nice to have breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Great & comfortable vacation

No drink water available

Great Resort, Nice & clean pool,comfortable Room&bed,Good air-cooled, clean sheets&clean bathroom,very good breakfast

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Never mind legionnaires' disease - get pharoah's disease!: More dust than imhotep's tomb!

Everything. This is an appalling hotel, simply nothing redeeming at all. Filthy dirty, stagnant, mosquito ridden, and dank, musty, smelly rooms, blocked drains, leaking pipes, brown water from taps and shower/bath, and this was ostensibly the upgrade I paid for! It should be tested for health and safety standards - wouldn't be surprised if Legionnaires' Disease lurking here - showers haven't been cleaned since the last pharoah died and there's more dust here than Imhotep's tomb! Food is dire- boring, limited menu, all frozen rubbish - keep your piastres and go elsewhere. It's an absolute dive!! Don't say you weren't well warned. The vacant expressions on the staff faces and the glib ".. Oh very sorry madame, we know hotel is dirty and need(sic) re( unintelligble) but we hope we welcome you back.." That will be a definite no!

Nothing whatsoever - well maybe the pool - when there were no swimmers in sodden underpants and clothes ( there were Libyans resident there ostensibly receiving health care for injuries but hell, they could party regardless, use illicit drugs quite openly, make tons of noise and behave like boors) The Muslim women with full black attire along with the several layers of clothing underneath trying to maintain their modesty getting in and out of the pool with their speedo-panted children and even tighter speedo-panted male partners - always raises a slight smile. Peering from behind their face masks trying to look dutifully interested whilst their male partners non-chalantly lounge around with their 'charms' ( I didn't say that did I?) On display is simply risible to me.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Not clean, slow staff and too loud because of wedding
    • Standard Triple Room

We booked 7 rooms for business trip and we arrived as we communicated on time. the rooms were not ready and were not clean. My room was under maintenance and I arrived while the worker still working and I had to wait till they offered me another room that was not any better. AC was not working, Door lock was not working, floor was not clean and bathroom was terribly not clean. Also couldn't sleep because of loud music at the wedding.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Don't Go THERE
    • Oasis Triple Room

نصيحة متحجزش هنا! had to chang the room 2 times! a room needed maintenance in the bathroom because it had water running on the ground 24 hours, and the second room was just small, with a king bed and a sofa for 3 people, and the hotel proposed that one spends the night on the sofa!!! the funny thing is the 2 rooms weren't clean! I think it should be removed from booking.com!! advice: Don't Go THERE.

The Pool.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

The worst experience ever

The worst experience ever I really blame my self for paying even 1 EGP in this hotel they don't know the basics of how to operate an hotel

Nothing to be mentioned very poor

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Not a good experience
    • Oasis Double Room

Cleanliness, Staff, furniture, food, low class guests and harassment. The place wasn't so good , lots of day use people invaded the pool where we found no place around, the food was average with no varieties or a space in the restaurant, staff was not professional dealing with guests, pool was good in terms of space .. room was acceptable in terms of area but not clean at all with many insects and the room furniture was toooo old .. however , the hotel price is considered Acceptable compared to other hotels in same region.

Pool Only

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

It will be my last visit to Cataract Pyramids Hotel

level of communication wit staff and urgency response and well as the cleaning and room facilities(Old TV and dirty walls,dirty WC) -The price mentioned in Booking is different than i paid in the check in for the same room. -Car in front of room balcony

Location and Theme of Village and Pyramids

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Worst Experience Ever
    • Oasis Triple Room

Horrible cleanliness, WC looks like and smells like a sewage station, room is full of insect and mosquitoes, somebody broke into my room through the ground floor sliding door while i was in, caught him and called the reception to send me any hotel security, but no one reacted to the incident, had to let him go as he beg so much and claim that he thought it was his room. Had to leave this hotel sooner than planned. I'm telling you people who are reading this review, don't even think about staying in this hotel not even for a few hours. This hotel should be removed from Booking.com cause I was fooled by the pictures and descriptions on Booking web site. Bottom line, worst experience ever.

Quite location

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Pool is ok .

Tv is very poor Room furniture is old Not that much clean Staff in reception when we do check out talk in rude way

Pool is ok . Suitable for short stay only or day use

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Underwear in pool

Guests are allowed to enter swimming pool with their clothes !! I mean it !! Cotton T-shirts and underwear So I'm rating big zero for the pool hygiene Room is away from being clean enough for Humen Bathrooms are old as my grand ma age a leakage are everywhere Never recommend for leisure

Night show

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Not recommend at all

Untrained staff Had to wait long time to check in Bad unclean rooms with broken air condition. Had to wait for 4 hours to get a feedback from the hotel staff who said that they new about the chiller problem and the changed our rooms. Very noisy party was going on very close I the hotel. It started at 10 PM and went on until 7 AM next day and ended up with a fight that was not controlled until 9 AM

The pool was good

Staff is friendly
    • Standard Triple Room

Room was dirty and toilet didn’t work, balcony was dirty, bathroom had many broken items

Staff is friendly

Nice but need system
    • Standard Triple Room

Breakfast no variety of food, poor internet

swimming pool

Nice place but need to renovate d facilities

Swimming pool

Reception are not friendly and no system, if u order food it takes time, no internet very poor connection

average

Housekeeping (no towels in the room) cleanliness old furniture old TV

The swimming Pool

The hotel has the capacity that could make it a better resort

Not up to the expected 4 stars standard

The premises

Huge Pool, Not crowded

To gar away from the centre

Huge Pool, Not crowded

Never go there

Air conditions werent working

Nothing even the food was very poor with no varities

Quite , big distance, pool

Too too much mosquitoes

Quite , big distance, pool

Very bad hotel

Not clean Bad

Very bad hotel

forgettable

mosquitos internet old rooms view of rubnish behind hotel no breakfast included

pool

The property is really beautiful.
    • Oasis Double Room

The Wi-Fi is pathetic and it's just Lil far from city. But it's a good property.

The property is really beautiful.

Room furniture is not good

Room furniture is not good

Huge pool

Huge pool

Happy

No thing

Good

Very bad service, the hotel is next to dirty water lake
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

It was bad because the location is too far than the city
    • Oasis Double Room

The room and the location of the hotel, bad WiFi,

The gardens and swimming pools

4 stars hotel rooms should have free Katie and tee,coffee and water

They don't control moskidos and it wasn't acceptable I wa bitten 100 times

The swimming pools

none

none

Very old and so much mosquitos,dissatisfaction!

Very old and so much mosquitos,dissatisfaction!

Food was okay