Reviews of Dahab Resort 4 stars

Laguna, Dahab, Egypt

Very bad experience
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

They post fake photos to grap visitors and 90% of the facilities under renovation and they didnt refer to that on booking app, and the restaurant is awful with very bas taste and limited food stuff.

Staff was helpful and the rooms are good.

good beach & very bad facilities
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Room facilities is very bad & old , all the hotel is under renovation , almost all the lagoons is not working and the hotel is totally different from photos , furniture is very old , air condition not good, breakfast not bad

beach is amazing

the beach is very Nice

Hotel is a bit old alot of rennovations going on They should have told us before arrival that not all facilities are available and working (which was not the case)

the beach is very Nice Location is good Food is good - but could be improved

Please read!!!! Do not stay here untill they improve things!!!

Before I begin this part I would like to explain that myself and my wife are not fussy or picky, nor are do we have time to sit and nit pick about the aircon not being cold enough ect.... We have stayed in accommodation ranging from five star to bamboo huts on the beach or in the jungle. We have never, not once made a negative comment on a hotel, But hopefully a few more honest comments may give this hotel a kick up the bum and get it back to where it used to be.... It is quite clear to see that in its hay day this hotel was the centerpiece for the whole of Dahab but... It has fallen into complete disrepair , and dilapidation. This Hotel is still trading off its previous namesake "Hilton". This is not the hilton anymore! This hotel seems like a bargain with its four star rating, but as stated in other comments there is nothing four star about this place. First, the swimming pool area looks like building site. This is not due some renervaitions that are going on. You can tell this has been started and just left for a very long time. I will post pictures. There are whole rows of paving/drainage slabs missing or caved in making a complete safety hazard for adults and kids. half of the pools have been drained adding to the eyesore that this hotel has become. Second, Rooms Outdated ( this we can handle ) The bed is broken and slanting down toward the head leaving the blood to rush to your head. Paint falling off the walls everywhere around the building. Third, The breakfast is the same everyday ( again, this we can handle). Food has been left out and reused many days in a row this is proven. Ordered a pizza and it came out like a half cooked microwavable one. And lastly to top it all off!... the house cleaning stole 200 hundred dollars!!! "That is a strong accusation!" u may say or " Maybe you lost count of your finances" No!

To be honest the only positive I can say about this hotel was was a very nice man on the desk called Awni.

Great location but needs renovation
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The hotel and facilities are old and need massive renovation. Most of the lagoons were dry and need maintenance. Only one pool was working and the kids activities didn't work during our whole stay. It was very weird that double beds were available only in upper floor rooms while all ground floor rooms must be twin rooms, still didn't find the logic behind that rule which was very disturbing for couples who needed ground floor rooms. The standard rooms are far from the sea and we had to upgrade and pay extra for delux rooms. We were three couples and a child in three different rooms, the mini bars were not working in all rooms while the air conditioner was not working in one of the rooms. Poor dinner with no variety of food and the exact same breakfast everyday. They don't have shuttle bus although they are near Mashraba. The hotel is in a premium location and it is a big loss and very sad to be left in that condition.

The location was convenient only 5 minutes by car to Mashraba and the beach was amazing sand beach with breathtaking view.

Excellent Vacation
    • Deluxe Double Room

Most of the facilities such as the hotel shops, fitness center and spa were closed. It was a 3km drive to town so we definitely needed our car just to get a few groceries for our room. The walk to the dining room was a little long but the view from our room was great.

The hotel was very nice although the paint was peeling on the exterior. Rooms were comfortable with a hammock on the porch which overlooked the hotel gardens and beach. The food was great with a decent selection and the staff was very warm and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

It was good. But not perfect. I doubt I would go there again.
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Two days after booking was confirmed and after I bought the plane tickets, I received a disturbing email from Booking telling me to finalize my booking ! I had already done that and registered my mastercard and a 100 L.E fees were deducted for confirming my booking. The email stated that the offer I had booked expired and that I needed to pick another room (for almost double the price). So, my husband had to call the resort to complain to resolve that problem.The staff were very helpful and confirmed my old booking. Other problems: The room had no view. Extra fees were attempted if we requested meals to be delivered to our room. I had booked a master bed, but there were two twin beds instead, and the staff then put them together upon request. I had asked for a smoking room, the room had a no-smoking sign.The mini bar didnot have a cooling fridge so it went against our expectations. One evening while sleeping, the room serviced knocked and opened the door!If I hadn't attached the door chain the door would have been opened. I didn't feel good about this; it made me feel uncomfortable, careful how i dress inside my room ! Especially that the shower is right next to the room's door.

The staff were super nice. The whole resort had zero insects which was perfect for me.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Not recommended for anyone - Lying receptioist and the worst customer services ever
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

in general that was my worst experience ever, I booked a garden view room and when I went there one of the reception team prepared a room with a good garden view for me but the other one insisted to give me different room beside it with no view at all and lying that the first room is booked but until I left the room with empty as 80% of the resort, he is by far the worst lying person I have ever met I was also by the reception area and asked him for ICE if I can take it with me but he insisted that I go to the room and he will send it but he did not mention that they charge for room delivery which was a surprise for me. I would never ever recommend that resort for anyone with that type of lying and very bad customer services.

the resort is well designed and quiet

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

disappointing
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Fridges are not working and no one cares to solve the issue they will simply repeat the same script" our fridges are only to keep the water temp but not to cool it" !!! Which is very awkward specially that they will give you a single hot bottle of water on daily basis and the supermarket is 10 mins walk from the hotel. While having dinner(we were on halfboard plan)I asked for a cup of water and the waiter replied the this will be for extra charge !! So no working fridge,a single one liter bottle of water for 2 persons and if u need more water u will have to pay!! We were planning to stay for 5 nights then while checking in and seeing the property I changed to 3 nights and finally I checked out after 1 night.

The Sandy beach

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Fair and relaxing time at dahab resort

There is no wifi and this is really bad for such a beautiful resort. At dinner and breakfast we missed some more fresh fruit (in Egypt is so tasty and cheap!!!) also the dessert at dinner were very poor quality.

The room is veri nice even if is a bit old stile. The resort is well kept, with a super kind staff. When We stayed there, was a very poor moment for tourism and there were just few guest, but the food was various every night at dinner and we really appreciated it.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Cozy traditional hotel and hope hotel will receive more guests

We had half board and even water is paid separately. One non-swimming pool empty - only visual impact. A bit slow in check-in. We were nearly only ones in hotel so all facilities are not kept to highest standard. Dark in hotel yard after sunset.

Nice looking hotel in traditional style. Cozy rooms. Dinner was reasonable and adequate, served to table. Beach. Walking distance from bus

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Best 4-star resort in Dahab
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Needs entire renovation and maintenance of rooms, pools, gardens & outdoor flooring. Seawater has colonies of algae that grew out of control.

Quietness and location.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

The bed was comfortable.
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

There was no pool, the staff didnt inform us about checking in and checking out information, there was no diving center, the breakfast wasnt as I expected, and the AC was leaking.

The bed was comfortable.

frustrating.. I won't do it again
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

No WiFi at bedroom The staff were unfriendly No good view The bathroom's door wasn't lock I made a notice for my husband's birthday to celebrate and they didn't make it

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

New year 2016_2017 @ dahab resort
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

We really enjoyed our trip and stay. It isn't my first time in dahab resort and every visit i get more sure that i will book there again and again.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Excellent for a relaxing vacation
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Extra services for a lot of extra fees. unnoticeable animation team or activities. Water is not provided for your room on a daily basis but only as a one bottle welcome gift.

The accommodation at the resort was quite good, relaxing and comfortable. Staff was helpful and facilities were just fine but need renovation. The beach is superb with nice beach staff.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

It is a very poor hotel
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The Hotel is in a very bad condition, all the facilities are almost out of order, the food is very bad quality & the reception informed us that the price i reserved with by booking.com does not include taxes and the add it to the bill so i paid more that what was mentioned in the reservation.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Dahab means gold in Arabic and really it is as precious as Gold.
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

The location of the resort makes it a piece of heaven. The beach is amazing where you can enjoy sunbath, swimming and water sports. We loved our stay.

One of the best vacations :)
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

I wish that next time I visit all lakes will be working as it was looking really nice with the ones full

Staff was really nice and helpful,when they knew that our vacation was for a wedding anniversary they send us a heart shaped cake to the room and it was very nice and I do appreciate it,everything was good enough to enjoy the vacation, cleanliness was great compared to well known hotels i went to before,it was one of the beat vacations, I highly recommend going to dahab resort

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

the place is clean quiet and have a good beach with a...
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

the staff is rude most of the time. they seem to be not well trained and the recepionist had to call his supervisor to get things done. the house keeping didn't came every day, i had to call the reception and request the house keeping, then they just make the bed and didn't clean the room. the food wasn't good with no varieties and a very limited number of items. there is no activities or night shows

the place is clean quiet and have a good beach with a wonderful view

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Relaxation and fun
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Rooms need renovation Low service quality No varieties of food but it's good not bad like more comments

Most beautiful beach in Laguna area Reasonable prices for the water sports Nice view for the sea and mountains Very nice nature Relaxing resort Really nice vacation and I enjoyed the place

The staff were friendly, location and the resort facilities.
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

No free Wi-fi, only one free bottle of water upon arrival

The staff were friendly, location and the resort facilities.

Relax place on the beach
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great atmosphere and archeture, quet place, good amount of services for these money

Will be closed down in October for renovations
    • Bay Suite

Old and going soon under renovation

Location and friendly staff

Old furniture

Location and friendly staff

Food was good

Old furniture

Food was good

Superb private beach
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

Unavailability of fresh fruit juice

Private beach, water sports, great staff.

Very kind and helpful staff, nice room, amazing beach,...

Lizards in the room.

Very kind and helpful staff, nice room, amazing beach, watersports facilities and location.

The ex Hilton is not a Hilton
    • Lagoon Suite

Food, half of the property under construction, no activities offered

Spacious rooms and lots of greenery

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The beach The view from the room The breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

the room maybe its the only goodthing
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

service they dont want to send me sugar only 2 small packets per day although i use 3 per 1 cup of tea 😂😂

the room maybe its the only goodthing

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

the view is just perfect 😍

the view is just perfect 😍

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

the room is so far from the barking.
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

the room is so far from the barking.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Fair price.

The food was awful most of the time.

Fair price.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Young couple
    • Special Offer - Double Room - Egyptians and Residents Only

the breakfast and dinner wasn't good

the location and the beach were perfect, the room was big with a big terrace and great view

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

It is the second time for us in Dahab Resort. It is a lovely place.

Variety of food.Entertainment.

Staff. Croissants if exist.

There are also 32 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.