Reviews of Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo 5 stars

El Tesseen Street, Fifth Settlement, New Cairo City, Cairo, Egypt

#55 of 173 hotels in Cairo

• Deluxe Room

It was in the middle of the road, but when you did go to the hotel it feels like you're far away from the city.

The bed was awesome and so comfortable after a long day. The room was spacious......it was huge. The dining options in the hotel was good and the buffet breakfast was well worth the price. Plenty choices both for vegetarians and meat lovers!

• Deluxe Room

Sometimes the room serves take too long + you can’t bring food from out of the hotel

The atmosphere was good, love the swimming pool 👍🏼 and very nice room with balcony

• Deluxe Room

The service was very poor for a five stars hotel. Bed sheets were dirty and had them changed yet they were dirty again while the room maintenance was clearly poor. Towels are used heavily yet they are not replaced by good ones, while the service was very tough when you try to ask for any thing on the pool.

The pool is great and well maintained

• Deluxe Room

- Bad pool service although it was eid and they should have been better prepared for such peak time. - Breakfast variety and selection of food is very limited - Gymnasium is not clean and all machines are extremely dirty with sweat drops, gymnasiums are the main cause of bacterial and viral infections.. sanitizers and wet wipes should be available for hygiene purposes. - Some of the machines in the gymnasium are not functional and broken down, need to maintained. - Very low maintenance to the property and especially bathrooms and shower rooms -Value for money is not comparable. - people at the hotel doors and parking should stop begging for money in an awkward and cheap way. I had guests and was so embarrassed that I have to tip every and single facility management team member and security. - service in the lobby is so poor and waiters and waitresses should pay attention attention Tini to guests not to talk to each other - lactose intolerant , IBS and special nutrition facts and healthy food should be available since it’s a five star hotel.

- Landscape is amazing and keep the hard work up - Views are amazing and especially those overlooking the pools - Nice and spacious rooms

• Deluxe Twin Room

No enough entertainment Too noisy from the guests laughs and music through speakers till very late hours 3am with no enough control from the hotel staff

Food

• Deluxe Room

hotel is not made for rain. My room was badly flooded by 2h rain. Whole hotel was affected. Gym was closed all 3 days due to this rain. My room was full of water & sand. No compensation , no apology letter , nothing. Full charge! Bad customer relationship. Terrible breakfast options.

• Deluxe Room

The jacuzzi at the main pool has a big sign with the rules which actually was not applied and that was really frustrating While it’s supposed to be “no children allowed” it was almost as if it was a kiddy pool from the amount of kids swimming and splashing in it and the life guard did nothing to this regard “ do not use the jacuzzi under the influence of drugs or alcohol “ yet! The guard guided a drunk guy to the jacuzzi and offered him to swim there as its much warmer than the pool even though it’s against the rules and the guy wasnt even wearing swimming trunks he was wearing regular shorts!! Another thing is I requested a late checkout and it was granted but when i got back from the pool my key was not working and it turns out that the system cancels the key at 12:00 pm and that the receptionist forgot to mention that i need to pass by and activate the key according to the new checkout time.

The room was really nice

• Deluxe Twin Room

The room cleanness was horrible. It was really disgusting. The carpet, the bed, the bathroom. All of it. The Lobby state is much better than the room.

The lobby is nice and the staff are ok.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Food at the pool bar is below standard Orders were done wrong and took longer than expected Service in general is slow Hotel is huge so distance to rooms

Very fancy Nice pools Nice ambience Lobby is pretty and grand

• Deluxe Club Room

This is an international hotel, where you could not pay for additional items at the end of your stay (as with all other hotels) when we ordered lunch at the pool and put it on our room we were physically followed and harressed by the staff to pay for it with cash, despite the hotel having our credit card details

The rooms are large, liked the like view

• Deluxe Club Room

I had booked eight hr club lounge and the only bad thing is you aren’t allowed to take any food outside of it. The purpose is its for your convenience on your floor so you can grab breakfast or lunch. Also all the options available downstairs aren’t the same in the lounge. So I don’t really see the value of paying extra for the club lounge other than free waters

• Deluxe Room

Property is run down and has deteriorated in building, furniture etc. the biggest issue I noticed is it has become a hotel catering to locals, with many weekend deals and weddings etc. so the staff are not acting like a luxury hotel staff. Also too many children and families. You feel you are at a local sports club. Also staff was very rude. Also booking rates are double what the rates they are selling rooms to locals. So you are getting a very bad deal at this location. I tried to not talk about other things that all service in Egypt suffers from to be objective. The SPA is very good but for the second year in a row you can not find a reservation because they take outside reservations. So the perk of having a spa facility is useless because you will not be able to get in. The Thai restaurant was very good and food was tasty and service was above average.

Location was very convenient

• Executive Suite

The service was extremely slow with everything, restaurants, room service, everything was very slow. The room was falling apart, broken floor fixtures.

The bed was comfy.

• Deluxe Club Room

Service is not up to standards. The staff and slow and not very responsive. Many times we asked for things to be done and they always try to offer the bare minimum. Also, a couple of times we ordered things from the reception or room service and they forgot to bring it to us.

Room and bathroom are spacious and comfortable. Hotel facilities are good.

• Deluxe Room

Super noisy and you can hear every sound from the other room or corridor. The waiter in the garden cheated on the bill when he converted from Egyptian pounds to US dollars. The security staff tried to confiscate a gift I brought there. Super slow Wi-Fi in the rooms. The funny part is when I asked for a black pen and nobody from the staff had one :D

Super beautiful hotel. Clean, big rooms. A lot of pools.

• Deluxe Room

The air condotion temperature in the corridora and the hotel was too low ( very cold ) we were shivering whenever we enter the lobby or exit the room

The staff are super friendly

• Deluxe Room with Direct Pool Access

None of the three rooms we requested were smoking rooms as asked. They promised to move us the next day, but no one even contacted us about such service. Also, none of the rooms had an iron and an ironing table, they did offer to press two pieces per day, but that does not work for everyone.

Location is good. The facility is fine overall.

• Deluxe Room

I've become a frequent guest, at least twice a year, since the hotel opened around 2009. So, I'd prefer to see new room arrangements and decorations.

Almost everything was great

• Deluxe Room

They didn't let us visit our friends in another room because it wasn't "allowed". We were already guests... Visiting other guests, why?

the bed was nice

• Dusit Suite

The hotel is run down and extremely outdated given the prices! The rooms are run down (e.g. furniture stained, towels are old, pillows have no protective cover, tables are chipped) and need proper maintenance. Overall, a renovation is well overdue.

The staff were lovely, helpful, and attentive. The staff were the only redeeming aspect of the hotel and I really appreciated them during my stay.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The room which I got on the first night was on ground floor. It was two floor below lobby. I can not open the curtains as windows were opening in a garden where people were walking. Next morning when I returned from breakfast to my room in order to change and go for business meeting; I could not open the room lock. I went to front desk and he changed the key. I went to my room and room lock did not open again. I went again to front desk and it took time to convince that the door lock had problem and he should see himself. The front desk person finally came with me and he himself could not open the door. The door lock had some engineering problem and it took one hour for them to break the door lock. I missed my meeting in the whole episode. The manager on duty promised me to move me to a better suite and will not charge me for one night. The suite was not different except that it was on fourth floor and had two rooms. Finally I was charged full for two nights as Manager who promised was not there.

• Deluxe Room

The beds were terrible, the worst beds I have ever slept on, pillows were like sleeping on a rock. Also the bathtub and room floor were dirty. Some of the staff were nice but others were rude. Would never stay there again, over priced for nothing

• Deluxe Room with Direct Pool Access

If the pool was far larger that would have been great. Even at 4pm nearly all the places were taken...

Bed was extremely comfy. The staff were incredibly polite and very helpful.

• Deluxe Room with Direct Pool Access

Internet connection very poor even the upgraded one

The hotel location, rooms, service and the personnel are excellent very professional to be considered as best hotel in new cairo

• Deluxe Room

As i am genius member there is no wellcom drink and no late checkout or other special facilities to the members

I like the location and the spaces the interior design specially the halls and landscape also the staff was friendly the rooms were clean and huge

• Deluxe Twin Room

For the price I paid for a Deluxe Room at the Dusit Thani Lakeview Hotel, I would have expected it to at least include breakfast. I was rather disappointed with the coffee, whether at the main buffet hall during breakfast or at any of the other restaurants. For a five star hotel like the Dusit Thani Lakeview Hotel in New Cairo, I would have expected to drink higher quality and better tasting coffee.

I liked the variety of the food that was available. Also, the wide range of restaurants offered a variety of oriental and East Asian cuisines and excellent dishes.

• Deluxe Room

I found the bed uncomfortable, not a very cushy mattress. However the hotel's biggest drwaback is the quality of staff in the lobby area and (to a lesser extent) in the breakfast / dinner restaurant. Many did not speak even basic English - it's an expensive international hotel and this is expected. Service was slow and orders forgotten. Generally these staff were not so friendly and bordering arrogant. They need to improve their listening skills. Ironically, these parts of the hotel are over-staffed, perhaps leaving each staff member assume someone else will actually do the work.

Generally a nice, modern hotel (by Cairo standards), spacious room, good bathroom, OK wifi, clean, with a nice pool. Breakfast selection is excellent. Reception staff were professional.

• Deluxe Room

Anybody helped me to go to the room. I founded by myself. When I was living, anybody helped me with the luggage too. I booked for New Year and anybody told me about parties or options to have dinner. The breakfast is not good.

Swimming pool area is nice.

• Deluxe Room

I’m so disappointed feom this hotel and staff I arrived from airport to hotel when I try to check in the ample said to me your reservation still not in system and i dont now why i wait 2 houre and stil not found my reservation and all this time he not ask me about reservation number i wait and wait finally he daid to me he can make reservation ok finally when I pay I always when i booking from booking the reservation but to me all amount of reservation with tax and service but the amploy said to me no this this without tax i said ok just i want a room I pay any price finally everything is ok but iam so disappointed from this hotel and i will not ever ever come yo yhis hotel again

• Deluxe Twin Room

weirdly, a guy started fumigating the gardens around the pool with a noisy engine device at 5 am. I called reception & it stopped within a minute, I went right to sleep, got my rest, but it was odd

fine hotel, evening buffet is really good, nice tasty options

See comments abov

This hotel is conveniently located in the 5th district on the outskirts of Cairo, close to many companies. Traveling in and out of the hotel is easy. Everything is great in this hotel, especially the people. In particular, Sara who was attending tables during breakfast time on 19 Dec was especially friendly & helpful. The hotel rooms can have a bit of a make over as they are starting to get old. Also, some more attention to hygiene & cleanliness could really put this hotel amongst the best. Food st the Thai restaurant is amazing. Breakfast variety is also to be commanded. This is my second time at Dusit and will be back again.

• Deluxe Room

Bathtub is a bit narrow. Orders from room service was a bit like playing roulette. You did not always get what you ordered exactly but it was close enough and good enough that you ate it anyway. Only one time it was not right at all and they replaced it and sent up a fruit basket to apologize. I give them "A" for effort.

Staff was excellent and Room service was prompt. Hotel is very clean.

• Deluxe Twin Room

the bath room cleanness was not good....the toilet was flooded during the 3 days stay even the hotel service it once the first day but the same problem was not solved. I didn't spend much time in my room due to work but when I did I never used the toilet as the water level was high and the water was not flushed

location was very good. nice staff and nice view. the bath room view into the room is very nice . the GYM is very good with nice machines.

• Deluxe Room

I Usually stay at Dusit Thani in Cairo because its a great hotel, amazing atmosphere and the most important amazing and helping team ..and i need to thank mr. Moustafam Mr. Noureldine and Amer el sayed

• Deluxe Room

In-bed Breakfast 15 min late. Breakfast is 4 Star; no freshly brewed coffee. Biz Center by appointment. Out/indoors areas poor waitering. Airport shuttle drop off wrong terminal and left.

Ambiance, Cleanness, Gem and Spa were great!! Outdoor (Terrace) Cafe had excellent view.

• Deluxe Club Room

Rooms were ok - expected perhaps a bit more ‘luxury’ from such a renowned hotel chain.

Comfy bed. Helpful staff. Great pool.excelkent fois & friendly staff in the Thai restaurant.

• Deluxe Room

The hotel lacks knowledge of what a clean room means. I had to complain about the cleanliness for my 6 day stay!! For a 5 star hotel with the rate they're charging, i'd expect much cleaner rooms, at least on the first day when i first checked in.

The view from the balcony and the location

• Deluxe Room

Terrace was full of dust, no bathrobe in room, no ashtray although room requested to be smoking room, reception called aggressively after receiving diner in my room requesting to pay in cash as while checking in they couldn’t block amount on my cc (their problem became suddenly my problem- why they didn’t try again to debit the card) receptionist insisted to come over to my room with the machine to take amount, as if I will not pay while checking out and of course I refused to welcome him in my room. At 7 am I woke up suddenly on hotel employees walking in rooms corridor shouting and talking in very loud voice. While check out, receptionist said ah ok good that your credit card is working which really embarrassed me. I didn’t like the way they treat guest ...

Very spacious room and very good location Easy check in

• Deluxe Room

I think it's my 5th stay here but no benefits for that (in hact was given room which overlooked construction). Also it's expensive by Cairo standards and so they need to sharpen up on room cleaning which really wasn't good (hairs in bathroom) floors not vacuumed properly etc

spacious rooms and lovely pool/garden area...also in a non-insane part of Cairo

• Deluxe Room

It is located in a suburb, so depending on traffic, it could take an hour or more to get to city center and Cairo museum, less time to get to other tourist attractions.

Location fairly close to airport. Restaurants are easy to get to, full menus and great service.

• Deluxe Room

The food was atrocious whether the breakfast or the pool restaurant or the room service. We were very very disappointed. The only restaurant that was decent was the Thai restaurant the food was very nice and tasty.

the hotel is very pretty and luxurious. The staff very attentive and extremely helpful. My mother is elderly and the staff were totally amazing: they provided a wheel chair and helped out whenever not lift access was available. Thank you all for your help.

• Deluxe Room

The facility in general is overrated and overpriced. The rooms were not cleaned as it should be. The basin hole in the bathroom was clogged.

The pool and the Thai restaurant.

• Deluxe Room

Very expensive limo service from the airport ( 1000 EP) for one way trip for 15 minutes trip. Drivers are very bad and driving like in a race, check in and check out is taking very Long time, staff in general not friendly, and when I asked for an iron they gave me a faulty one !!!

The garden in the center

• Deluxe Room

The hotel is showing signs of wear-and-tear.. the bathroom in my room had several items that were about to fall off .. some parts of the furniture were not in optimal condition.

Location is good and near the airport. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. I would have loved to have an espresso machine in my room in stead of the electric kettle. The reception staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. I enjoyed my stay.

• Deluxe Room

Nothing was bad all great nice decor

Very modern clean friendly The opposite of the second stop in New York at Crown plaza airport was a nite mare never again

• Deluxe Room

Really they provide bad service through housekeeping - furntuers looks very old in bad condition.

Lobby fantastic & swimming pool nice design, good location.

• Deluxe Room

Crowded & when try to modify my reservations to cancel breakfast the site didn't respond so I paid 1000 Le more

The hotel is clean & facilities are very good & the staff was very good

• Deluxe Room

It took me an hour to check in and extra 30 minutes for room preparation. - When I entered the room the mini bar was full of leftovers, dirty and leaking water. - the glasses in the room were greasy with finger prints. - Found in one of the room drawers "Hardees" bag with food leftovers, dirty wipes, used deodorant and some garbage. - The TV was not working. - when I tried to call the reception to complain about it they were not answering. - noting that I am considered a VIP client. - When I emailed the duty manager about it. He didn't reply. - when I succeeded to reach the duty manager, the reaction was a bunch of apologies and a late checkout offer in the day I'm leaving although I already have this previlege since I'm a VIP. Very very bad experience. Worst weekend ever. Noisy and wasn't relaxing at all. Don't recommend this hotel for anyone. P.s: there is an attached pic of the mini bar.

Nothing actually.. very bad experience.

• Dusit Suite

The word sorry from every incompatant staff member of staff and manger....Being chocked with insecticide at 5:30 am and running the kids out the bedroom of the suite..........how dirty the floors and rooms and bathrooms are. The excuses i kept hearing like we are busy sorry!!! You take our comfort and hard earned money to say sorry how unjust.. hearing guests fighting with front desck and else where ... horrible and un exceptable ... all out unprofational and wrong

The resturant food (indian,jap,Thai)

• Deluxe Room

staff were not that professional to finish my check in process quickly !!

You will always love the overall atmosphere of this place...The pool is amazing Rooms are so wide and relaxing. Loved it as usual.

• Deluxe Room

The prices for the food ( including water and beverages ) was too high, even the prices in the restaurants was too expensive. The main pool myst be heated as mentioned on the website as the water was too cold, even the kids pool was too cold.

The place is too elegant, comfortable for the eye, i enjoyed my stay. The while atmosphere was very nice. I liked the Thai restaurant ( TAO ) the most.

• Deluxe Room

I was cheated with the rating offered to me by booking.com. The rating was not clear in regard of taxes inclusion, the rate as per the booking was around $300 for 2 nights, when arrived to hotels rating increased to $560 for 2 nights. I had no other option than accepting what been dectated on me. Room was supposed to be on pool view but unfortinetly was completely covered with trees preventing us from seeing anything other than Palm trees. I am really disappointed with booking.com

There was Nothing to like due to unhostility

• Deluxe Room

Not the best experience - the place is over priced for average service and very poor cleaning. Management should remember that the devil is in the details.

The non-local reception staff were very friendly and helped solve a problem I faced after checking out.

• Deluxe Room

Service is very poor, both room service and around the pool. The pictures are nothing compared to reality, they must been taken 10 or 15 years ago! This hotel is very old one, and the rooms are nothing like the pictures!

• Deluxe Club Room

Staff careless not professional House keeping always you call them for room cleaning The club lounge far from being good , the main resturant is better for breakfast Cokital evening in clube lounge modest You pay in dollar n get bck your deposite in egp. Becareful with your dollars you deposite say bye bye to them, you will get refund in egp which no one will exchange it for you

The swimming pool area

• Deluxe Twin Room

my reservation was to have 2 beds but when I came in they didn't have it ready, offered me a king size bed which I rejected, I had to wait for 2 hours to get checked in, yes they upgraded my room but the waiting time was too much for me and my friend knowing that we came to the hotel after having minor operation in our eyes which wasn't really a comfortable feeling waiting in the hallway with not being able to see things clearly.

clean room and very comfortable bed...

the check in suppose to be 2 pm but actually it was 5 pm and I had to talk to the duty manager to get the room ready ( this is not a 5 stars hotel at all The security at the entrance keep on asking for a tips in indirect way in the way in and out the restaurant prices is very high

the bed was ok the breakfast price is very high

Staff was extremely rude and unaccommodating from day one, and were belligerent when their faults were pointed out to them. Many instances of slow service with staff whose default response is to ignore you than ask you if they can help. Dirty towels were placed in our bathroom on more than one occasion. This hotel's service is embarrassing and it needs its staff reshaped to a higher standard.

Excellent, convenient location for moving around the Fifth Settlement, and Tao restaurant was a joy of great food and service unlike the rest of the hotel.

• Deluxe Room

Although I am Egyptian they treated me as a foreigner tourist regarding room fees and lounge club They informed me as long as I booked via booking.com I am considered to be a foreinger Unlogic snd unfair

• Deluxe Room

Food is very expensive and how come the parking for the hotel guests is not free.. i paid 80 EGP plus 10 EGP service !!!!!!! It is exploitation to the extrem

Location, staff are very helpful

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

Some staff were very surly. Food in the main restaurant was poor.

Room was lovely with a great shower. Pool area was quiet and huge pool ideal for swimming.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Deluxe Room

The worst experience ever , the bed is terrible can't believe is 5 stars , the staff completely not friendly they check you bags and not allow food even you have kids and in ramadan , the parking onsite and not free , you can't find tooth brush need to ask for it everyday , iron and iron board need to ask then they send me very old iron

In my opinion the hotel brand is good and they prepare everything well , but the management and staff make it worse

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Twin Room with Direct Pool Access

During the weekend was noisy

It was quite during the week, the staff was always smiling, the restaurants was amazing,the cleaning was very good. Quick service all over.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Deluxe Room

5th floor rooms in Building 2 have a sewage smell problem. They changed once I complained. The beds were very soft and gave me back pains. The property seems a bit dated. Bathroom tiles seem stained, carpets and wood looked dated. The place didn't seem very clean. The restaurants and lobby look fancy but Thai place food wasn't that tasty. Even the big conference room for the event seemed dated. I guess this place is a high standard for Egypt but they are missing a lot of attention to detail.

Location - out of the city Staff were ok.

• Dusit Suite

I send my HUGO BOSS Jaket for dry lean upon arrival on the 18th and checked out for 4 days on the 22 WITHOUT it since it never came back to my room. I talked to them and asked to give it to a friend in room 2324..

The SPA is the best thing in this Hotel

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Deluxe Room with Direct Pool Access

I was having a nap till my daughter comes from her exam to enjoy the pool together and suddenly i found a strange man in the middle of my room although i was putting the don't disturb sign , i was terrified and when i told him who are you and how could you just enter my room with a don't disturb sign ?? his answer was i knocked twice before i enter !!!!!! ...UN BELEIVABLE !!

• Deluxe Room

Cleanliness and maintenance could be better. Beds were not comfortable. They provided me with a towel to pray on instead of a prayer mat upon my request

Nice hotel for a relaxing vacation

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Deluxe Room with Direct Pool Access

The hotel charge EGP1,000 for the use of Sauna and steam room per use which should be included in the price as similar hotel. This hotel shd be listed as not to have a SPA.

Club room was spacious and view was excellent

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Twin Room with Direct Pool Access

the rooms were not cleaned properly. i spent half an hour looking for my pyjamas that i left them on the bed, only to find them tucked between the mattress and the duvet. the cleaner didnt even bother to check when making the bed. So of course i was looking under the bed and it was disgusting, food rest and old slippers. another thing is that i had one coffee mug in my room and i ordered 2 more, as we were three adults and i got them like 4 hours later. i was only there for a weekend, we enjoyed the pool on saturday but then sunday it was sealed with yellow tape and noone told us what the problem was. room service staff need a serious talk, totally unprofessional.

the hotel looks luxurious, my room had a direct pool access and we upgraded our breakfast package to have it in the lounge on the 5th floor, which was nice when the boss was there on saturday. Front desk were really helpful in general.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Deluxe Room with Direct Pool Access

the staff aren't helpfull and they are not wellcoming allways grumpy, the rooms missing many essentials however it was to noisy, they do have labars warking at 1 am near the room and when we complain because we were sleeping the duty manager told me to change my room at 1 am.

overall nothing, it was a very bad experince.

• Deluxe Room

the staff are unproffesional, while check in the receptionist told me that if your booking through booking.com then for sure it is without breakfast and eventhough you cant upgrade to make it bed and breakfast or half board. Also, you will be charged for the parking you should have reserved through our webiste in order to get the parking for free

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Deluxe Room

I came back by 6 pm found my room as it is .. spoke with reception and they sent room service to clean the room .. the toilet has bad smell from beginning and it seems that room service noticed and didn't find a solution .. Check the attached photos of the toilet flush that look old for such hotel .. and funny thing is the pencil near the bead .. but anyway next time will book there also .

I liked the comfort environment.. it is really relaxing after full day of business meeting ... the shisha is very good

• Deluxe Twin Room

Very poor Quality Very poorly managed Very slow check in process, very small checkin counter, so under trained people. No consideration to people with a broken leg. i was sent to the furthest room in the hotel. I had to pay more than 30$ above the booked rate to get a closer room The Room was missing Towels, Bath Robe, the prerequested child cot, ach trey on the terrace, the terrace Table itself was missing, the sink was blocked, etc... Room Service order at 9:30 pm and after 5 calls and a visit to the reception desk at 12 midnight i realize that they do not know my order. I complaint and i get a zombie face from everybody. The Staff are Noisy, they shout and yell at each other not minding guests. They stare at women on the pool. Nothing special at all to go again. Just another Cairo bad service and bad hotel. Way below expectations. First and Last time to go there.

The Pool

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Deluxe Room

1. Some of the staff members are rude when you ask for something. 2. Wrong receipt amount on check out: they charged me x amount on check-in day and when i did the check-out they gave me receipt with different amount!! they say this is because dollar rate changes between check-in and check-out days and they cant do anything about this!!!! If you charge me x amount, you should be able to give me a receipt for the same amount, I don't care about Dollar rates compared to Egyptian Pound. 3. The internet is not that fast, you will get frustrated sometimes if you are doing any sort of streaming, download or watching YouTube. 4. Room service food is horrible, i order twice (just in case the first time was a special case) and i could not eat the food in both times, they should really consider changing their night chef (point to be raised here this is for room service food, i did not try their breakfast or their restaurants food) 5. Beside that their room service food is bad, they don't allow you to bring any food from outside!! 6. Overall it is expensive hotel and I don't consider it to be (value for money), i managed to find a better 5-stars hotel with lower rate than this hotel. 7. Not that much TV channels.

The room is big and clean, bathroom is big as well with two options (bathtub and shower). Facilities are good (gym, pool, ..etc). There are number of restaurants inside the hotel (although i did not try them to commit on their food). Hotel location is easy to find but there is nothing in a walking distance from the hotel. They provide night house keeping check if you still need anything. The welcome fruit basket is a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

I only faced one incident i didn't like was that the receptionist who checked us in did not explain the facilities of the hotel, i had to ask what time is the breakfast, and the concierge who was taking us to the room, told us that we can have breakfast in the club lounge he must of said so because we were staying in the same floor so he assumed we had access which we didn't, we got to know that when we went for breakfast the next morning from the waiter, "which was awkward and embarrassing" and we were informed that we need to pay for the breakfast which I refused saying that I booked BB and it wasn't my fault that a staff member gave me wrong information. which they accepted and didn't charge me.. just saying that if the receptionist took time explain the facilitates of the hotel this wouldn't of happened. nevertheless this incident did not effect my experience, it was just a small incident and as rated and mentioned I absolutely loved my stay and would definitely go back.

I loved everything about the hotel, staff were very friendly & helpful, hotel ambiance was awesome, heated pool was great!! It was surely an escape from all the hustle and bustle you would want to escape from your very busy life and just unwind.

Browse Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo traveller photo gallery